PDA

View Full Version : Mvp voting results. Luka got 4 of 99 votes.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2024, 07:52 PM
Quite a few people are annoyed.

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2405090520310378.jpeg

tontoz
05-08-2024, 08:02 PM
Misleading title to the thread. He got only 4 first place votes but he got a lot of 2nd and 3rd place votes. I don't see a strong case for him getting a lot of first place votes.

coin24
05-08-2024, 08:07 PM
Shai was robbed. Systemic Racism!

Kblaze8855
05-08-2024, 08:08 PM
I assumed the kind of person who would be here would understand the process well enough to know I meant first place votes. I might explain it to a group of general sports fans, but not people here.

Of course there was a time there were no rankings and you just voted for one guy , but it’s been a long time.

SATAN
05-08-2024, 08:13 PM
Luka fans will cry about this. They are becoming as delusional as Kobe fans and Luka hasn't even won anything. Some European Luka fans have admitted they stopped watching basketball many years ago yet here they are defending this guy at all costs and trying to blame anything against him on being a white European as if another white European isn't being hailed as the best player in recent years. **** all these people.

tontoz
05-08-2024, 08:16 PM
Who are these people that are upset by this? Whoever they are they must not have paid close attention to the season. Luka was never even close to being the favorite to win. It took a late push for him to get into the top 3.

SATAN
05-08-2024, 08:25 PM
They are all over YouTube in recent months spouting classic lines such as "Luka is a good defender", "Luka is being robbed because he's white" etc

FKAri
05-08-2024, 08:32 PM
The right person won. Giannis flew way too under the radar imo. But it's somewhat understandable that he got part of the blame for Dame struggling to fit in.

What didn't make sense at all was how Luka was balling out all year but only started getting credit for it once his supporting cast got better.

It's stupid.

999Guy
05-08-2024, 08:48 PM
Embiid was the best player this year, SGA had the best season(health).

Jokic isn't a bad wrong pick.

At least Tatum didn't get a D-Rose MVP.

congrats big fellow

now go get that 2nd ring

https://i.ibb.co/X33bXcD/maxresdefault-1-1.jpg

sd3035
05-08-2024, 09:25 PM
One idiot gave Shai 5th and Luka not even in the top 5

Anyone who din't have the first 3 guys in 1, 2, or 3 shouldn't get to vote again. It was clearly obvious those 3 were in a tier above the rest

FultzNationRISE
05-08-2024, 09:34 PM
One idiot gave Shai 5th and Luka not even in the top 5

Anyone who din't have the first 3 guys in 1, 2, or 3 shouldn't get to vote again. It was clearly obvious those 3 were in a tier above the rest

Man, Lebron deserved to be first, stfu

John8204
05-08-2024, 10:08 PM

I think it was racist but not against black people. We could have had two white players finish first and second for the first time I think ever. Now Jokic can go out and have 40PPG and next season the highest he'll finish is 4th.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2024, 10:18 PM
Dirk and Nash were first and second in 2007. Before that you have to go back to the first few which were Cousy and Pettit back-and-forth.

BarberSchool
05-08-2024, 10:36 PM
What was the EARLIEST date of submission for votes ?

Genuinely thought this would be Shai’s year at the end, for taking such a YOUNG, inexperienced roster to the #1 seed.

Luka still doesn’t deserve it, due to Mavs low seeding, and due to taking too many defensive posesssiosns off/letting people drive by too often. Before his sprained knee, he was the best 1-on-1 offensive player in the league, and 2nd or 3rd in assist all season. But still doesn’t play full effort on D enough, to earn such an award.

Jokic already got two lol, and he wasn’t quite as great this season as previous MVP seasons. Embellish could have won another, but he predictably didn’t make the GP threshold.

This year was a year where nobody truly felt like the deserved it. But of the candidates, Shai felt the least undeserving lol. Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but that’s how I see it.

WhiteKyrie
05-08-2024, 10:39 PM

Racism works opposite in basketball that fetishizes black athletes. Luka got hosed. SGA plays with way better all around roster talent

tontoz
05-08-2024, 10:40 PM
Racism works opposite in basketball that fetishizes black athletes. Luka got hosed. SGA plays with way better all around roster talent

SGA made 1st team All NBA last year with a team that was expected to win 26 games.

Kyrie is better than anyone Shai plays with.

RRR3
05-08-2024, 10:42 PM
They are all over YouTube in recent months spouting classic lines such as "Luka is a good defender", "Luka is being robbed because he's white" etc
Jokic is black now?

gonzaldo
05-08-2024, 11:09 PM
Bucks struggled and so on, still 30.5/11.5/6.5/1/1 from Giannis and 27 people thought he is not good enough for top 5 vote?

L.Kizzle
05-09-2024, 12:52 AM
Jokic basically got his last ever MVP award.
The media listened last season when folks said he should have won.
Now folks are saying be shoulder not be MVP and it should have gone to Shai.
This is like a make up MVP award.
So, Shai basically will win next season if he puts up similar stats.

He could have won later down the line of someone else got it this season. He's basically done, especially if they go out the rest of the series how it's been playing out.

fsvr54
05-09-2024, 01:15 AM
Giannis getting a vote at all is retarded

Nowoco
05-09-2024, 04:12 AM
Whatever any of the voters say, their votes are heavily based on last seasons playoffs and voter fatigue. There was no way anyone but Joker was winning this after the run last year.

Now in contrast, even if the Nuggets win the chip this year, have a better record next season and Joker has similar or better stats, he will not win the MVP. Voter fatigue will see to that. SGA or Edwards have it locked down. I think what puts a lot of people off Luka is his conditioning. How you can the MVP be so overweight? It makes a mockery of the league.

GimmeThat
05-09-2024, 04:39 AM
voter fatigue

it's more so the constradiction of children being unable to accumulate after tax personal wealth, and the of age, credit card loan system.

Luka is penalized for having played in Euroleague, while Jokic played in Serbian league.

I just think voter fatigue is a difficult concept for players raised through AAU hoop to believe it's anything more than smoke.

Gohan
05-09-2024, 06:51 AM
Mvp is trash. Luka should of won it. But they don't give it to honorary black players. Luka you're my mvp

Kblaze8855
05-09-2024, 07:22 AM
Giannis getting a vote at all is retarded

30/12/7 on 61% shooting and a 3 seed is generally gonna get you a vote or two.

90sgoat
05-09-2024, 09:10 AM
Congrats to Jokic, fully deserved, particularly after getting robbed last year.

I think the top 3 is fair.

Luka looked bad for a too long stretch of games midseason.

Even if that was because of having the worst team, then his conditioning will continue to be the only thing holding him back.

I feel confident that Luka will remain ambitious for as long as he plays, so he will eventually figure out that what he's doing isn't working and find a way to stay in shape. He's fixed almost everything else, defense, midrange, postgame, quicker release etc.

Shai, Luka and Ant will battle it out next year.

Wally450
05-09-2024, 10:12 AM
What else does Luka have to do to get the MVP? A higher seed?

tontoz
05-09-2024, 10:46 AM

Yes. It is hard to win as a 5 seed unless the numbers advatage is overwhelming.

warriorfan
05-09-2024, 10:46 AM

I don’t know

To be honest, we done with MVP

if you take a step back and look at it, it’s really stupid

it’s turned into a manufactured talking point that can generate buzz, articles, analyst coverage

i used to care about it awhile ago but now I feel that it’s so subjective and there’s so much weird criteria….and it’s for the regular season which we care less and less about anyways

it’s a shit award no one cares about

we done with mvps

(disclaimer i’m not a luka stan or jokic hater. the award and its criteria just suck)

warriorfan
05-09-2024, 10:51 AM
And **** the media voters. Dudes are clowns. I wouldn’t be surprised if some guys make terrible votes just to create the controversy buzz around them while they sniff around for more hits.

It would probably be better if they had blind voting with NBA executives and/or Coaches. and removed the goofy criteria such as it’s near impossible to win it with a low seed

rawimpact
05-09-2024, 11:00 AM
Are the votes transparent? Do we know who voted for who? I'd like to see the troll voters so I can write them off from future reads.

90sgoat
05-09-2024, 11:16 AM

Play consistently well for an entire season.

He can't have stretches of 10-20 games where he looks perma-gassed and pissed.

warriorfan
05-09-2024, 11:27 AM
Are the votes transparent? Do we know who voted for who? I'd like to see the troll voters so I can write them off from future reads.

They are. If you remember last year Mark Jackson got a lot of shit (rightfully so) for completely leaving Jokic off his 5 man ballot.

If they shifted voting to exec and coaches I would think it would be better to keep everyone’s ballots private for quite a few reasons.

L.Kizzle
05-09-2024, 12:33 PM
They are. If you remember last year Mark Jackson got a lot of shit (rightfully so) for completely leaving Jokic off his 5 man ballot.

If they shifted voting to exec and coaches I would think it would be better to keep everyone’s ballots private for quite a few reasons.

So, Mark voted for #1 as a make up vote, I'm sure.

bison
05-09-2024, 12:39 PM
Surprised jokic got so many 1st place votes considering the anti white bias in nba media.

rawimpact
05-09-2024, 02:10 PM
I want to know the moron who voted shai 5th in MVP... how do we look it up?

warriorfan
05-09-2024, 02:38 PM
I found a spreadsheet tracking voters that have made their ballots public.

https://i.postimg.cc/VkN7Q16J/IMG-3508.jpg

NBA should release a full one at a later date I assume.

FultzNationRISE
05-09-2024, 02:45 PM

Why are some of the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th places blank?

You can just vote for who’s first and who’s fourth for instance, and nothing else? Thats pretty dumb if so.

Edit: Nvm I guess this is just filled in with what each of these people have disclosed publicly about their ballot.

90sgoat
05-09-2024, 04:28 PM
****ing lol of course Perk and Stephen A chose Shai.

Also my man Chris Broussard.

rawimpact
05-09-2024, 04:29 PM

See a common theme? Racism within the NBA...

Gohan
05-09-2024, 08:55 PM

If I ever fall in love again. I will be sure that the lady is a friend.

BarberSchool
05-09-2024, 10:06 PM
Luka would have won “best offensive player” if that was an award.

Shai & Jokic both deserved it more than Luka, due to Luka’s many many zero effort defensive possessions this season, when he was 100% healthy with no excuse.

That said, nicca look like he’s got a chip on his shoulder, from only 4 1st place votes, in the early going tonight :lol

kentatm
05-10-2024, 09:34 AM

Oh noes YouTube outrage creators are vomiting out outrage YouTube videos???

Nowoco
05-11-2024, 04:29 AM

5/6 voters who put SGA 1st are black. I'm never one to bring up things like this but that jumped out at me instantly.

LeGoat4Life
05-11-2024, 02:46 PM
If joker wins another ring this year. He sits comfortably above Lebron

And before the Lebron Stan’s come crying to his defense. Remember these are the same fool they try to debate he was already the goat when he won his weak 2 rings in Miami

j3lademaster
05-11-2024, 09:18 PM
5/6 voters who put SGA 1st are black. I'm never one to bring up things like this but that jumped out at me instantly.
And Perk is a known racist. Embiid needs to thank Perk as the real mvp for his award because he scared a lot of voters with the ‘you’re racist if you vote for Jokic’ schtick. It wouldn’t be true, but if you’re a younger journalist aspiring to have your own show one day a la Skip or SAS you can’t have that kind of a reputation follow you. Doesn’t cost you anything to simply switch your vote to Embiid.

basketballcat
05-11-2024, 09:30 PM
Why does not being elite defensively disqualify a player for the MVP, in the minds of some people? Can offensive prowess compensate for a lack of defense? I'll disregard the shaky narrative on some players first and focus just on logic. Let's say a player averages 0.5 spg and 0.5 bpg BUT averages 50ppg, 20apg, and 10rpg. Are those not MVP numbers?

Who would you rather have in your team?
Mr. Complete Package: 25ppg, 8rpg, 7apg, 2.5 bpg, 2.0 spg
Mr. Extremely Ridiculous Offense: 50ppg, 5rpg, 20apg, 0.5 bpg, 0.5spg
Same FG%, 3pt%, turnovers, fouls, etc.

Surely, there is a tipping point when offense compensates for defense. If a player scores 200 ppg on 70% shooting and does literally nothing else, is that not valued? Or are we turning off our brains for narratives?

SATAN
05-11-2024, 09:39 PM
he doesn't ****ing deserve the MVP award! Ok?!!

BarberSchool
05-11-2024, 10:04 PM
Why does not being elite defensively disqualify a player for the MVP, in the minds of some people? Can offensive prowess compensate for a lack of defense? I'll disregard the shaky narrative on some players first and focus just on logic. Let's say a player averages 0.5 spg and 0.5 bpg BUT averages 50ppg, 20apg, and 10rpg. Are those not MVP numbers?

Who would you rather have in your team?
Mr. Complete Package: 25ppg, 8rpg, 7apg, 2.5 bpg, 2.0 spg
Mr. Extremely Ridiculous Offense: 50ppg, 5rpg, 20apg, 0.5 bpg, 0.5spg
Same FG%, 3pt%, turnovers, fouls, etc.

Surely, there is a tipping point when offense compensates for defense. If a player scores 200 ppg on 70% shooting and does literally nothing else, is that not valued? Or are we turning off our brains for narratives?Luka was top ten in the league in steals. But nobody that watches the games would tell you it’s because he’s anything more than an apathetic lazy defender, who even when healthy, thinks it’s enough to gamble for steals, and run his man off the 3pt line, then watch them drive to the bucket, on over half his defensive possessions where his man gets the rock.

He can only get away with doing that when injured. But he does it all the time, out of laziness/being-gassed, due to being overweight.

Also, your overstated point of 50ppg is lulz. Sure, he led the league in scoring, and when fully healthy, there is nobody he can’t put up 35-40pts on. Not even Dort. Was 2nd in assists and top ten in total steals. But to be the 5seed, he isn’t gonna get more than a small amount of first place votes. And, to take a very significant % of defensive possessions off, isn’t something that real chip-winning leaders do, and anyone who does it, can’t expect their entire squad to genuinely, fully respect them, as a true championship caliber leader.

If Luka wants the climb the mountain for real, he’s gotta stop stuffing his face, drastically decrease alcohol consumption, and has to stop being a turnstile for 15-20% of defensive posesssions.

moongaze
05-12-2024, 12:14 PM

Lol white fans been stating that jokic and Luka are the victims of a systematic racism against white euro players.

moongaze
05-12-2024, 12:16 PM
And Perk is a known racist. Embiid needs to thank Perk as the real mvp for his award because he scared a lot of voters with the ‘you’re racist if you vote for Jokic’ schtick. It wouldn’t be true, but if you’re a younger journalist aspiring to have your own show one day a la Skip or SAS you can’t have that kind of a reputation follow you. Doesn’t cost you anything to simply switch your vote to Embiid.

How about all the fans that cry that there's racism against white players? Are they responsible for jokics 3 MVPs? They've made it to where certain journalists feel like theyy will be labeled as racist if they don't view Luka and jokic as the best players. Funny thing is that whites will always and I mean always downplay claims of racism against blacks but the second a white star like Eminem, jokic, Luka..etc are criticized by blacks or not proclaimed as the best, the race card gets pulled .