PDA

View Full Version : Hawks have first pick in 2024 NBA draft

Street Hunger
05-12-2024, 03:38 PM
The Hawks will have the first pick in the 2024 NBA draft. So should they rebuild now? The draft is rumored to be not very good but the Hawks aren't very good either and maybe it's time they rebuild?

Xiao Yao You
05-12-2024, 03:39 PM
Got cotm, caplela and trae. No excuses

Im Still Ballin
05-12-2024, 03:40 PM
I'm not surprised. Seems like the NBA Illuminati wants them to trade Trae to San Antonio for the 4th pick or something. Maybe their other picks back.

Street Hunger
05-12-2024, 03:40 PM
No excuses for what

Im Still Ballin
05-12-2024, 03:42 PM
I 'spose they should get that Frenchie Alexandre Sarr. Or maybe Clingan if they intend to phase out Capela.

tontoz
05-12-2024, 03:51 PM
Wizards at 2 :rockon:

Now I just have to hope they take Topic. Don't sleep on those white boys named Nikola.

CurryOverLebron
05-12-2024, 04:01 PM
10 greatest Hawks in franchise history, ranked (https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-10-greatest-players-in-franchise-history-ranked)

6. Al Horford

Before Al Horford became this 3-and-D rim protector we've come to know him as in the latter stages of his career, he was more of a midrange artist whose defensive contributions went under the radar. For quite some time, Horford took a backseat to the likes of Joe Johnson and Josh Smith — but in the end, he truly was the beating heart of those Hawks playoff teams of the late 2000s to the early 2010s.

Horford spent the first nine years of his career in Atlanta, and he was the best player for the Hawks team that won the most regular season games in its history (60). In addition to that, he also made the All-Star team four times and the All-NBA Third Team once as a Hawk, cementing his status as one of the greatest players in franchise history.

He may not have a statistical profile that jumps off the page, but Al Horford's impact goes beyond the box score.

5. Dikembe Mutombo

When ranking a team's greatest players of all time, taking into account the player's longevity as well as their peak is a difficult balancing act to manage. At the end of the day, when the margins are this razor-thin, longevity with the team almost always wins out — which is why Dikembe Mutombo fails to land even higher on this list.

Mutombo, as elite of a defensive player as he was with the Hawks, spent only 4.5 years of his career with the franchise. But those years were quality — Mutombo averaged 11.9 points, 12.6 boards, and 3.2 blocks per game in 343 games with the Hawks. However, what truly sets Mutombo apart is that he won the Defensive Player of the Year award once (twice if you count the 2000-01 season despite his midseason trade to the Philadelphia 76ers) to go along with two All-Defensive First team nods while with the team.

In addition to being rewarded for his defensive excellence, Dikembe Mutombo made the All-Star team thrice as a Hawk as well. It may not have been the longest tenure, but Mutombo certainly made his stay with the Hawks count.

Xiao Yao You
05-12-2024, 04:47 PM
No excuses for what

No excuses for not winning

Nowoco
05-12-2024, 05:04 PM
The Pistons once again get hosed in the draft lottery :lol

ShawkFactory
05-12-2024, 06:06 PM
No excuses for not winning

Are you saying that Trae and Capela are elite players or something? I’m confused.

Wally450
05-12-2024, 06:30 PM
Who are even the top prospects this draft? I don't know one guy.

highwhey
05-12-2024, 07:05 PM
Who are even the top prospects this draft? I don't know one guy.

i was watching a bit of it, i guess there's like 5 different guys in contention for the #1 pick lol, this year sucks so much and it's so diluted that there isn't a clear #1....other years there's what maybe 2 prospects for the top pick. now it's like literally anyone.

ShawkFactory
05-12-2024, 07:43 PM
Awesome..

SATAN
05-12-2024, 07:48 PM
I hope they draft Bronny...

Kblaze8855
05-12-2024, 07:50 PM
i was watching a bit of it, i guess there's like 5 different guys in contention for the #1 pick lol, this year sucks so much and it's so diluted that there isn't a clear #1....other years there's what maybe 2 prospects for the top pick. now it's like literally anyone.

I was reading a topic on the 2020 draft and nobody had a clue. A lot of the articles around them were saying it was a weak draft. The draft topic nobody was even excited about anybody. We already have like three All-Stars and a Hall of Famer. Edwards, Maxey, Haliburton, Lamelo, Bane….I think all of them were that draft.

Xiao Yao You
05-12-2024, 10:46 PM
Are you saying that Trae and Capela are elite players or something? I’m confused.
Supposedly utah won because of cotm and mitchell and ive been told caplea and gobert are basically the same so yeah in the weak east they should be winning with their group of that was the case

plowking
05-13-2024, 09:50 AM
Supposedly utah won because of cotm and mitchell and ive been told caplea and gobert are basically the same so yeah in the weak east they should be winning with their group of that was the case

Are Capella and Gobert dramatically different?

GimmeThat
05-13-2024, 10:29 AM
the Hawks just needs athleticism at this point, the floor on draft bust has been raised.

BarberSchool
05-13-2024, 10:31 AM
The Pistons once again get hosed in the draft lottery :lol

Detroit population keeps shrinking. It’s amazing they still have a team lol