PDA

View Full Version : #1 Player RIGHT NOW (According To ISH

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 07:09 PM
This is only up to 40 because,The other threads gave me a idea, I want to know who you all think this is the best player NOW. Not your favourite, not your pick to be the greatest in two years, not the most accomplished player still playing. it's who is the best player.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!

Players To Consider
Tim Duncan
Lebron
Kobe
Dirk
Nash
Wade

luigi>mario
08-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Tim Duncan. Man I hate him.

Cannonball
Kobe

DAXX
Duncan. Pure lock. so, skip to numbrer 2.

DirtyB41
08-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Me too. But it has to be Duncan.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Duncan

Cannonball
08-04-2007, 07:14 PM
How is duncan better than kobe or lebron?

Wow he plays on a great team he must be the best....

DirtyB41
08-04-2007, 07:16 PM

You're an idiot. He's won championships with all different sets of players around him.

DAXX
You're just a homer thats why. why don't admit something when somebodys right? obvious choiuce is duncan. be alone on this one ... lol

Hawker

Because he makes the team the best?!?!?!

I vote duncan.

AirGordon7
08-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Timmy!!!!!!!

Manphibian420
08-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Tim Duncan

Duncan wasn't even the undisputed best PF in the game. There were many people who wanted to argue KG and Dirk over Duncan
What? Maybe 5 years ago. The debate before this season was "is he the best PF of all time" and adding another title seems to have locked that one up

Thorpesaurous
08-04-2007, 07:37 PM
If greatness were measured by losing first round playoff series, then maybe.

Qwyjibo
08-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Duncan.

He has been the best player in the league for several years now (thanks to Shaq's decline).

DAXX
08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
quit using emoticons. is that what you can only respond with? you have no knowledge about the game so you use stupid emoticons instead. wow ingorance at its limit.

mavsfan4zindagi
08-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Dumbest post in ISH history? :oldlol:

Kobe has 3 titles. You don't. Nice try.

:roll: I thought the ******* scum had gone into hibernation every since Kobe's now annual first round bounce. Guess not.

Duncan is the greatest PF to ever play the game and he's still in his prime. Easy easy choice.

Qwyjibo
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
He can't in any way change the game on the offensive end the way Kobe can.
He can come very close. How do you think Tony Parker gets so many layups and points in the paint in general? How do Bowen, Ginobilli and others get such great looks from 3? It all starts with Duncan and the attention he commands.

And Kobe can't in any way change the game on the defensive end the way Duncan can.

DAXX
08-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I forgot more about this game than you ever knew. Duncan is not even close to being the best player in the game, period. Who cares if he has 4 rings? He can't in any way change the game on the offensive end the way Kobe can. Nobody in the history of the game other than Jordan could.
So, you're in it for the stats? Ignorance, again at its peek. All you care about are stats, indivual talents? Kobe's a failure, kind of like you in a way. He has no team play involved so yeah, get off his nuts.

otmtheshank
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM
For me, it's between Kobe, Duncan, and possibly Wade/Lebron. Duncan seems to be the consensus pick so far, so i'll go with that. Top pf of all-time. Led his team to the championship last year. Arguably the best defensive player in the game last year, still putting up >20/10/2, he's my pick.

Qwyjibo
08-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh I get it now. Guess I never read any of his posts before. I didn't know Bulls was one of those joke accounts to rile people up with ridiculous claims.

DAXX
08-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Malone > Duncan

Kobe > Duncan

Wade > Duncan

LeBron > Duncan
:roll:

guy must be in nursery. do you know your abc's yet?

guy bases a player on individual talent. guy should be banned for being this ****ing stupid.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Poseidon
08-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Antoine Walker

DAXX
08-04-2007, 07:54 PM
kobe's a winner? funniest **** i've heard in weeks. how come he never advanced to the 2nd round yet with out big daddy shaq? of course, that's a winner. :roll:

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 07:56 PM
my vote goes 2 kobe.

3 titles 2 scoring titles 81 point game string of 50 point games. it has 2 be kobe.

Poseidon
08-04-2007, 07:58 PM
:roll: I thought the ******* scum had gone into hibernation every since Kobe's now annual first round bounce. Guess not.

You're an idiot. How about you come up with your own sh!t instead of copying Knoe the Hoe.

Stupid dimwit.

Thorpesaurous
08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Dumbest post in ISH history?

As the second best player on his team.

I forgot more about this game than you ever knew. Duncan is not even close to being the best player in the game, period. Who cares if he has 4 rings? He can't in any way change the game on the offensive end the way Kobe can. Nobody in the history of the game other than Jordan could.

There's a whole other end of the court that Duncan dominates in a manner that wins. Kobe's offensive arsenal, as good as it is, has proven to do nothing for anyone but himself. Guys who change the game don't fail to win a playoff series during three straight years of their prime.
I'm sure your the kind of jackass who's team loses in a pickup game 11-7, but you scored 6 of the 7, so you sit on the sideline with a stupid grin on your face, then whine like a little ***** when you don't get picked up for the next game. What you know about basketball wouldn't fill a shoebox. This has been evidenced by your repeated use of the same two gimmicks since you've reappeared here.

DirtyB41
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
As the second best player on his team.

There's a whole other end of the court that Duncan dominates in a manner that wins. Kobe's offensive arsenal, as good as it is, has proven to do nothing for anyone but himself. Guys who change the game don't fail to win a playoff series during three straight years of their prime.
I'm sure your the kind of jackass who's team loses in a pickup game 11-7, but you scored 6 of the 7, so you sit on the sideline with a stupid grin on your face, then whine like a little ***** when you don't get picked up for the next game. What you know about basketball wouldn't fill a shoebox. This has been evidenced by your repeated use of the same two gimmicks since you've reappeared here.

One of the better mean-spirited slams I've ever read. :applause:

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 08:08 PM
just wondering did u watch the start of the season last year?? kobe was changing the game helping his players he was in serious contention for the MVP. it wasn't until injuries that that fkd up the teams chances n chemistry.

Fudge
08-04-2007, 08:10 PM
First time i've seen Thorpe get mad (haven't been here that long so yeah). Though, he should, it's virtually a crime to be this ignorant (referring to BULLS' logic and knowledge).

Honestly, I think BULLS is Poseidon. Against all odds, Poseidon is against Duncan in every manner. Using emoticons for half of their posts. Calling people stupid and whatnot. It's him.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Kobe was the 2nd best player on that team. Without Kobe Shaq one another team. Without Shaq
kobe can't do anything

Fudge
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
No, he was actually the best player on his team.

Shaq was the most dominant. As in all cases, the big man will always be considered as the #1 option.

Shaq would have done nothing without Kobe.
:roll: Vice versa stupid.

Kobe's team, as bad as it is, has proven to do nothing but fail, game after game.

Put Duncan on the Lakers and see if they even make the playoffs.
Spurs isn't great of a team, honestly. The way they were meshed -- it was all anchored around Duncan. You actually think if Kobe was there, they'd win those 4 rings? No. He'd basically ruin their chemistry.

I'm sure you're the type of scrub who everyone considers a 5th option, but you touch the ball about one time a game, and celebrate when your team wins, although you had no impact on the game whatsoever.

Kobe can do whatever he wants because he's that good. Duncan is not. He needs a great team, like everyone.
How do you get so deeply detailed? Probably because that's your sitatuation when you play basketball.

Cannonball
08-04-2007, 08:17 PM

Why to you people measure how good a player is by his team?

You put duncan on the lakers without kobe he doesn't get out of the first round either... The suns would p0wn his ass.

DAXX
08-04-2007, 08:17 PM
just wondering did u watch the start of the season last year?? kobe was changing the game helping his players he was in serious contention for the MVP. it wasn't until injuries that that fkd up the teams chances n chemistry.
helping his players? nah. saw that in the Shaq days though. :roll:

DAXX
08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
These guys minds are so .. freaking childish. They remain to be hooked on stats, individual talent and dont take things like team success into consideration. Guys like Cannonball and BULLS must have just graduated from junior high.

Stats? LMFAO;

:roll: :roll:

Cannonball
08-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Shaq was the most dominant. As in all cases, the big man will always be considered as the #1 option.

Mega omg no. Shaq was killing people out there. You are an idiot if you think kobe was better than Shaq... Wow just wow.

Kobe's team, as bad as it is, has proven to do nothing but fail, game after game.

They make the P/o's then lose to the suns.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Shaq "one" with Wade.

Shaq would have won nothing without Wade

Shaq would have won nothing without Kobe.
so.. Kobe still is top 3. Not top 1.

cdot11
Kobe was the 2nd best player on that team. Without Kobe Shaq one another team. Without Shaq
kobe can't do anything

and without kobe shaq wouldnt have won.:)

i vote kobe.

el_locoteee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL9lORmoBFs

not a rick and roll

Dodonpa
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
kobe is the best single player right now.

duncan is the most dominant team player right now.

DAXX
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
So you think Kobe was the most dominant on that team? Fool. :oldlol:
he was the sidekick dumbass. shaq was the most dominant and was the best player.

dumbass alert. go back to school.

:oldlol:

Learn basketball. Chemistry has little to do with it. Kobe freaking Bryant will ruin chemistry, LOL. That's your argument? You are pathetic.

If Kobe was there, they wouldn't have been eliminated by Dallas in 06, and would have won 5 titles at least.
Chemistry has everything to do with it. telling people to learn basketball should be the last thing you should be telling to people. you should. Kobe bryant would look like an idiot playing for the sputs. hogging every possession.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 5 titles? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Selenium
08-04-2007, 08:23 PM
guy bases a player on individual talent.

But isn't that what this is about?

There is no doubt in my mind that TD is the greatest PF ever. But right now Kobe is the superior individual talent.

Kobe>Duncan
Duncan>everyone else

DAXX
08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
FOOL. who says that nowadays? oh yeah. guys like 8 -9 years old. nothing else to say thats why. thats what they do to back things up. it'll clog up on what they'll say

Fool!

Fool!

Cannonball
08-04-2007, 08:25 PM
These guys minds are so .. freaking childish. They remain to be hooked on stats, individual talent and dont take things like team success into consideration. Guys like Cannonball and BULLS must have just graduated from junior high.

Stats? LMFAO;

:roll: :roll:
I'm not hooked on stats. I don't even know what kobe's are.... Idiot. You can easily tell. If you need to score who in this league do you give the ball to? Kobe.. Who will contain the opposing teams best wing player? Kobe.

If LeBron develops the clutch play of kobe and a jumper he will be the best.

picc84
08-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Duncan.

Cannonball
08-04-2007, 08:28 PM
That makes him the most dominant player on his team, fool.

Yes exactly. No one could stop him and arguing about who is better shaq or kobe when they were on the lakers is retarded. It's so obvious....

picc84
How do you think Tony Parker gets so many layups and points in the paint in general?

By driving.

I cant believe people still attribute his paint points all to Duncan. The guy finishes layups with 3 people on him.

Odenorbust
stop arguing.

Thorpesaurous
How do you even come up with the idea that a poster would create two accounts? Had experience doing it? Sad, sad little kid.

Part of the giveaway is that your post count rarely moves.

This is so dumb that I'm sure you don't even believe it. You can't actually talke about changing the game in one post, and then claim that someone is better than Shaq. It's not possible.

This is the classic, "it's everybody else's fault" argument that people make when they know they're out of options. Great player's make their teammates excel. You've spent two weeks on here ripping
euroleague scrubs, and praising
freakish athleticism, and just generally being a beligerent prick with some of the best posters on here, dejordan, PSileous, etc.
Now you want to claim Duncan is a good player surrounded by a great team, which happened to start three euroleague vets, and a guy who's been cut by more teams then you have posts. They're also probably the least
freakishly athletic team in the league. Yet here they are, winning again, and in such a non-weak era. You should have a gold statue of Tim Duncan's Nuts hanging over your bed if you could even follow your lousey gimmick.

I'm sure you're the type of scrub who everyone considers a 5th option, but you touch the ball about one time a game, and celebrate when your team wins, although you had no impact on the game whatsoever.

And here's the proof that you're a me first dip**** who wouldn't know what to do if he was on a court with anyone who could play. You're probably one of those kids who stayed back a bunch of times because your dumb father thought if you could dominate at dodgeball in fourth grade, you'd get a one uh dem kolludge skolurchips. So as soon as you have to compete, you cry and go home and use the all star team against the Grizzlies in your 2K7.

Kobe can do whatever he wants because he's that good. Duncan is not. He needs a great team, like everyone.

Except get himself out of the first round.

You are by far the worst poster I've seen since I've been here. It concerns me that the board hasn't banned you yet. But good posters have been driven away for far less disruptive crap.

Fudge
08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Way to handle it, Thorpesaurous.

I place a bet --with anyone-- that BULLS won't read that. He'll take a short margin of the post and quote it by saying "Kobe's still better..blah blah blah" and use his little emoticons making it seem like everybody would follow his lead. He's obviously doing that because he has nothing else to say.

I'll place 50 bucks on the table that he'll use 8 :roll: emoticons.

Cannonball
08-04-2007, 08:34 PM

I place a bet --with anyone-- that BULLS won't read that. He'll take a short margin of the post and quote it by saying "Kobe's still better..blah blah blah" and use his little emoticons making it seem like everybody would follow his lead. He's obviously doing that because he has nothing else to say.

he'll prob read this first... add the fact that he hasn't responded yet and I doubt he uses all 8... I'll take that bet.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Bulls would try to tell you that NAte Robinson deserved to win the dunk contest.

Bobcat4Ever
08-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Kobe for sure

Selenium
08-04-2007, 08:36 PM
FOOL. who says that nowadays? oh yeah. guys like 8 -9 years old. nothing else to say thats why. thats what they do to back things up. it'll clog up on what they'll say

Who exactly are you addressing?

Thorpesaurous
08-04-2007, 08:38 PM
This idiot just made a post in the Tyrus Thomas thread claiming that Tony Parker is a freakish athlete, and is the quickest player in history of the league. Now he'll come in here and site that.

There you go. The odd thing is is that you knew what I meant.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-04-2007, 08:42 PM
BULLS is an idiot I realized that after about 5 posts from him.

BULLS favourite phrases:

"He played in a WEAK era."

"That era didn't need any athleticism."

"He only averaged 10 points he sucks."

"AI is a fool he should have stayed on philly and increased his stats instead of coming to denver to win."

"Rings are overrated, stats are everything."

Yup he is the biggest troll on this board.

As for the topic easily Duncan.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 08:44 PM
BULLS is an idiot I realized that after about 5 posts from him.

BULLS favourite phrases:

"He played in a WEAK era."

"That era didn't need any athleticism."

"He only averaged 10 points he sucks."

"AI is a fool he should have stayed on philly and increased his stats instead of coming to denver to win."

"Rings are overrated, stats are everything."

Yup he is the biggest troll on this board.

As for the topic easily Duncan.
Poor kid, he'sd eiether a gimmick account, or he's got a IQ less then his number of digits..

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 08:46 PM

You owe cannnonball 50 bucks.

hwliuLAP
08-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Larry Hughes

and it's not even close

Duncan

Agent_Zero
08-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Duncan.

BigTicket
08-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Duncan, and there isn't really any doubt about it. Sure he has help but he also has 4 rings and 2 MVP's, and while I am a cleveland fan I will be the first to admit Lebron has neither yet. As for Kobe he has the skill to be the best but he lacks the mental aspects of a truly great player, and the accomplisments.
Noone else really has much of an argument.

Fudge
08-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Tim Duncan.

Thorpesaurous
08-04-2007, 08:54 PM
You skipped over the part where you painted yourself into a corner. Poor showing by you.

Los Angeles
08-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Tim Duncan is the best basketball player in the world...Kobe is the most talented player in the world.

#1 is Duncan

Fudge
08-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Thorpe, put that statement into 'babytalk' english. Doubt that idiot could understand that.

Tim Duncan is the best basketball player in the world...Kobe is the most talented player in the world.

#1 is Duncan

This is coming from a Laker fan(i'm assuming you are), BULLS.

Dodonpa
08-04-2007, 08:56 PM
I am gonna post.
It will probably be hidden and unnoticed, with the arguments going on.
Today is a nice day.

Loki
08-04-2007, 09:04 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Thorpesaurous
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Anyone have any guesses as to who this idiot is. He's too familiar with the board functions to be that new. He's as stupid as Nastywin was, but seems too agressive. Who used to use the big quote breakdown's like that, Shogun? Maybe Gobb is bent outta shape after being attacked by the admins for his intentional barage of OTs the other day? He's the only one I've ever seen who could post at this type of rate, but Gobb would probably be better at this if it were him. This isn't even that well executed.

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 09:21 PM
omfg, its amazing u all say duncan yet he wasnt even the one that got the finals mvp.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-04-2007, 09:26 PM
omfg, its amazing u all say duncan yet he wasnt even the one that got the finals mvp.
It is amazing you say Kobe but he didn't even get out of the first round.

selrahc
08-04-2007, 09:27 PM
kobe

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 09:30 PM
It is amazing you say Kobe but he didn't even get out of the first round.
ye he dosnt get out of the first round but gets 3 championships i wonder how that works.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-04-2007, 09:34 PM
ye he dosnt get out of the first round but gets 3 championships i wonder how that works.
If you had some common sense, you would realize that I was referring to the last 3 years where Shaq isn't playing on the Lakers.

And its not like Kobe won any finals MVPs himself or regular season MVPs.

Odenorbust
Duncan has 4.

last I checked
4>3

And anyway Kobe had Shaq.

Let me remind you. It's the best player right now, and right now Kobe hasn't gotten out of the first round for 3 years.

jo3y91
ISH is full of too many bandwagoners. if duncan got injured u guys wont remember who the **** he is in a month

Heilige
08-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Easily Kobe. This is the stupidest poll ever. Prior to this season, Duncan wasn't even the undisputed best PF in the game. There were many people who wanted to argue KG and Dirk over Duncan. Now all of a sudden because Duncan has a fat ref fixing games for him, and a fool commissioner suspending the most athletic center of our era, he is the best player in the game? Get real.

I'll give you this. Duncan is freakishly efficient, and probably the best PF in the game. If Duncan cared enough about padding his stats, the numbers show that he could, if he wanted to, probably average over 26 ppg.

Kobe is still a hell of a lot better than Duncan.

Can you please elaborate on all the reasons why you believe Kobe is better than Duncan and the best?

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Duncan has 4.

last I checked
4>3

And anyway Kobe had Shaq.

Let me remind you. It's the best player right now, and right now Kobe hasn't gotten out of the first round for 3 years.
and tim duncan also had david robinson for two of those chips.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 09:40 PM
and tim duncan also had david robinson for two of those chips.
Kobe had Shaq for all three a prime shaq, while Duncan had a washed up robinson

Kobe has never won a chip as the main superstar

Duncan has.

Sit down son.

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Kobe had Shaq for all three a prime shaq, while Duncan had a washed up robinson

Kobe has never won a chip as the main superstar

Duncan has.

Sit down son.
main superstar? thats definately why tony parker got the finals mvp because duncan is the superstar. i think u should sit down.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 09:50 PM
main superstar? thats definately why tony parker got the finals mvp because duncan is the superstar. i think u should sit down.
DUNCAN IS THE SUPERSTAR. You are honestly retarted. When I rise to power, I will make a island where you and BULLS can live. It will be called retart island, and you probably just surpassed bulls as my leading candidate for president.

BankShot
Kobe Bryant. Total package when he wants to be as a scorer, defender, and solicitizer (ha Paul Pierce)

Rockets(T-mac)
Are you implying that Parker is on Duncans level? If you are you are a fool.

And Parker won it because he had a better series than Duncan not because he is a better player.

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Kobe is the most talented player in the game. Duncan is the best. It's simple.

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 09:52 PM
DUNCAN IS THE SUPERSTAR. You are honestly retarted. When I rise to power, I will make a island where you and BULLS can live. It will be called retart island, and you probably just surpassed bulls as my leading candidate for president.
ur doing a good job of rising to power atm sitting on an internet basketball forum argueing with a 16 year old from australia of who is better duncan or kobe...and losing in the process.

Devientz
08-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Kobe is the most talented player in the game. Duncan is the best. It's simple.

Exactly.

/endthread

Odenorbust
08-04-2007, 09:57 PM
ur doing a good job of rising to power atm sitting on an internet basketball forum argueing with a 16 year old from australia of who is better duncan or kobe...and losing in the process.
Oh I see.. your from austrailia. and your 16... Im only 14

BULLS
Do you how many people have been compared on Numerous occasions to Micheal Jordan? Tons! so simply stating OMG HE'S THE BEST HE'S been compared to Jordan! It does nothing.

Duncan has 4 Chips, is the best player, and can individual lead a team to a championship with a average supporting cast that he makes better.

Dodonpa
08-04-2007, 09:59 PM
you calling the spurs- average supporting cast? :oldlol:

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 10:02 PM
ok king floposis(ginnobli) is not avg. probably the greatest and most clutch vet atm in the game robert horry who has surpassed jordan in championships is not avg. tony parker the fastest player atm is not avg, having the best defender in the league on ur team is not avg.

go sit down boi.

sammdogg
08-04-2007, 10:04 PM
IMO Kobe is the best player in the league. Duncan is the best player on the best team, that doesnt make him the best in the league.

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 10:05 PM
IMO Kobe is the best player in the league. Duncan is the best player on the best team, that doesnt make him the best in the league.
i thought that was dirks excuse for the mvp?

Dodonpa
08-04-2007, 10:05 PM
ok king floposis(ginnobli) is not avg. probably the greatest and most clutch vet atm in the game robert horry who has surpassed jordan in championships is not avg. tony parker the fastest player atm is not avg, having the best defender in the league on ur team is not avg.

go sit down boi.
wtf are you talking about, son?
type properly before i smack u back into your momma's womb

jo3y91
08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
wtf are you talking about, son?
type properly before i smack u back into your momma's womb
coming from a guy that just said momma and wtf.

Hawker
08-04-2007, 10:35 PM

Duncan has 4 titles. You don't. Nice try.

truwarrior93
08-04-2007, 10:48 PM
gotta go with kobe, i mean no one in the leauge can stop him although my man ron can slow him down a bit no one can shut kb24 down. Duncan is not the best but is the big fundamental and at timz he is unstoppable with that bank shot as well, but bryant is still #1 and lebron is next after td.

Hawker
08-04-2007, 11:04 PM
goddamn joey91 cannot put a decent sentence together. All he does is post one liners or 1.5 liners.

Why does Duncan need to prove himself with huge stats when he doesnt even need to do that to win. He can just dominate the paint and allow others to score by the way he plays.

bulls has horrible logic and wit joey91 by your side you won be doing well.

Heilige
08-04-2007, 11:05 PM
- Kobe scored 81 points, the most amazing feat in NBA history. For a wing player to score 81 points on anybody, in any game, just shows how incredibly athletic and skilled he is.

- Kobe has won back to back scoring titles. There are many fools who think stats mean nothing. Stats mean nearly everything. Stats show just how great an individual player is. Kobe put up 35.4 ppg in 2006, a number that is just unheard of.

- Kobe tried to get his WNBA teammates involved earlier during the this season, and it was evident by his single digit first half point performances. Once he realized how much ass his team sucked, he decided to take over by scoring, knowing that it was the only way to lead such a pathetic team to the playoffs. If you recall, he was well behind Carmelo for the league lead for a good amount of the season. 31.6 ppg is nowhere near his peak.

- Kobe won 3 titles.

- Kobe has, on numerous occassions, been compared to Jordan, the greatest player of all-time. Experts don't compare a player to the greatest for no reason, or predict that he will go down as the greatest for no reason either. They do it because he is that good.

Which experts are saying he will go down as the greatest ever?

Do you actually believe he is going to end up better than Jordan?

Fudge
08-04-2007, 11:10 PM
coming from a guy that just said momma and wtf.
What the hell is this? :oldlol:

West-Side
08-04-2007, 11:13 PM
What you guys are forgetting about Duncan, is that he's probably the most unselfish superstar in the game right now. If he really wanted to, he could score 25 and stack up his numbers, to prove to you guys he's capable of putting up Kobe like numbers...and Kobe is NOT selfish, he is forced to put up big numbers on the Lakers. I hate it when people compare anything but their skill set...Kobe is in a much worse situation then Duncan, his numbers are inflated because he's forced to do his very best, Duncan can ease up during the season and let his teammates do the work, doesn't mean he can't dominate the game when he wants to, or when his teams need him to. Just look at what he does in the playoffs when his team needs them the most, guy is the best player in the world bar none, and I'm a huge Kobe fan.

Talent wise, I mean PURE talent there is no one that can eclipse Kobe right now...to me his work ethic, determination and willingness to win games at all cost is second to none, I don't think beside maybe Garnett & Iverson...I have not seen a player today that can match Kobe's passion to win games.

Unreal Skill
08-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I have to go with Kobe...that dude can score on will. He can shoot, drive, play decent D, and is clutch. Sometime it seem he is unstoppable...just scoring play after play, even when doubled team.

Los Angeles
08-04-2007, 11:31 PM
play decent D

Kobe is actually a terrific defender and is VERY underrated by the fan base, as I noticed. Everyone are quick to claim he gambles way too much and he doesn't try...which is a very valid point and I fully agree, but when he does try to play defense mainly late in the game, I would not pick a single basketball player right now in the game over him to cover a perimeter player.

He is better then Artest, Bowen, Wallace, Kirilenko, Prince etc...I believe he has the better instinct, lateral movement, quickness and smarts...those players make their dough by containing superstars game in game out, they are known primarily for their defense, so fans usually tend to compare them to Kobe. Kobe has to do a little of everything for his team...plus there is no reason for him to accumulate so much of his energy playing defense for a team like the Lakers, who are just horrible in every facet of the game, defensively.

Kobe probably doesn't deserve to make All-NBA team because he doesn't put an adequate effort game in game out like some of the other players, but I think he makes those teams because the experts agree with what I just said.

YAWN
08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Kobe

Duncans been at home relaxin enjoying his nba title while Kobes been working on his game for Team USA. Therefore "right now" Kobe.

Hawker
08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Kobe has back to back scoring titles. Duncan doesn't. Nice try.

Kobe is a freakish athlete. You aren't. Nice try.

What does being a freakish athlete and having back to back scoring titles get you? Nothing by the looks of kobe.

Dbrog
08-05-2007, 12:20 AM
It depends what you are saying #1 is. If it is the most skilled player, it is 100% kobe. No one else even comes close skillwise.
However, if it includes individual success AND team success, then it has to be 100% Duncan.

evinecz
08-05-2007, 12:30 AM
allen iverson is the best player right now.......

Loki
08-05-2007, 12:30 AM
He is better then Artest, Bowen, Wallace, Kirilenko, Prince etc...I believe he has the better instinct, lateral movement, quickness and smarts....

Kobe does not have better "defensive instincts" than guys like Kirilenko, Wallace, Prince etc.

NBAFan
08-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Duncan

Agent_Zero
08-05-2007, 12:34 AM
allen iverson is the best player right now.......

What? I'm afraid I have to disagree.

evinecz
08-05-2007, 12:42 AM
what is there to disagree.. iverson is da best..

Agent_Zero
08-05-2007, 12:53 AM
There was a point in time when Allen Iverson was arguably the greatest scorer of this generation. Had he not been a fool and went to Denver, he may have stayed the best player in the game.

He went to the Nuggets cause he wanted a ring, which is what every player in the NBA should want. What's foolish about that? Go to Denver and try to win a ring or stay in Philly, break scoring records, but miss the playoffs every year?

RidonKs
08-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Why was KG left out of the 'players to be considered' list?

Oh, and Duncan.

But what's funny is that this post...

Prior to this season, Duncan wasn't even the undisputed best PF in the game. There were many people who wanted to argue KG and Dirk over Duncan.
Is right to a certain extent. Duncan wasn't considered anywhere near as good as he's thought of now on ISH, at the start of the season. He was probably considered the best PF in the league in a poll, but it'd be damn close, and Dirk/KG would've been right there. Even halfway through the season, while the Mavs were dominated, you had a ton of non-Mavs fans coming in saying that Dirk was better, or somesuch, because of how well the Mavs were playing.

I'm going to look up some threads, see what I can find.

RidonKs
08-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Aaaaaand...

1 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29936&page=2) and 2 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33354)

Two threads with a number of people having Dirk above Duncan in their lists. If asked now, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to have those same people saying it's not even close, and giving a mamouth edge to Duncan. There are probably way more too, I didn't look for all that long.

Duncan is quickly becoming insanely overrated on this board. The whole post-presence/defensive anchor argument is so overdone lately, it's starting to get out of hand. Of course bigmen are more valuable, but only to a certain extent. Duncan isn't some sort of God looking down at superstars like Kone, Bron, and Wade as if they were specs of dust. He is the best player IMO, but not by as wide a margin as people tend to think.

-primetime-
08-05-2007, 01:44 AM
tim

raid09
08-05-2007, 02:25 AM
Aaaaaand...

1 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29936&page=2) and 2 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33354)

Two threads with a number of people having Dirk above Duncan in their lists. If asked now, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to have those same people saying it's not even close, and giving a mamouth edge to Duncan. There are probably way more too, I didn't look for all that long.

Duncan is quickly becoming insanely overrated on this board. The whole post-presence/defensive anchor argument is so overdone lately, it's starting to get out of hand. Of course bigmen are more valuable, but only to a certain extent. Duncan isn't some sort of God looking down at superstars like Kone, Bron, and Wade as if they were specs of dust. He is the best player IMO, but not by as wide a margin as people tend to think.

Exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread.

Keep in mind, I do think Duncan is above the rest, but he has become overrated in comparison to the league on this board. He has the most effect on the game out of any of the players currently, but not nearly as much as you all are claiming. Tim does make the players around him (Parker, Ginobili) better, but you all are acting as if they are scrubs without him. They would both still be above average players without him. Duncan does change the game like no other, but he has ALWAYS had a strong supporting cast, and don't give me that bull**** about how he makes them strong, because it would be a good-great team with a number of superstars in his place (not a demi-dynasty).

Players like Kobe and LeBron have pretty poor teams, and no I do not believe Tim Duncan would turn players like Smush and Kwame into almost all-stars.

I do believe Tim Duncan is the best player in the game right now, but not by that much, and certainly not as much as you all are claiming.

wally_world
08-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Duncan/Nash... but since Duncan has rings... i'll give it to him...

dejordan
08-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Are you implying that Parker is on Duncans level? If you are you are a fool.

And Parker won it because he had a better series than Duncan not because he is a better player.
parker didn't even have a better series if you actually watched the games and are able to follow a play beyond the guy with the dribble and the guy who takes the shot.

tony took more shots because he wasn't being doubled on the catch like timmy was, and as he has the past two seasons, he exploited the new rules that allow quick perimeter players to go to the hole at will and has the coordination to finish in traffic. duncan dominated the defense in a series that was a defensive struggle and won the team crucial extra possessions throughout the four games by getting important offensive rebounds and making precise passes.

like james worthy and joe dumars before him, parker won the finals mvp by exploiting the openings created by the all-nba 1st teamers who actually led their teams to victory and amassing a bunch of pts in the process (which is fine. awards generally recognize the guy who finishes plays rather than they guy who makes them work off the ball).

you could replace duncan with no one except perhaps garnett and expect the same results. you've got to think that iverson, wade, bryant, bdiddy, d. williams, nash (when the mavs refused to rotate against his penetrations in the 2005 playoffs he scored 48 pts on 22 for 28 shooting in a losing effort), and probably a few other quick handled guards who can finish against late rotating backline d could have filled in for parker with similar results.

and if you look at the stats, duncan has an argument for having been more productive as well. game 1 parker outscored him by 3 and had more assists, but duncan dominated the boards and the defensive numbers (5 blocks). game 2 tony had 7 more points but timmy had 6 more assists and 5 more rebounds (most of them offensive). game 3 tony again had 3 more points and duncan had 4 more boards, 1 more steal, and 2 more blocks. game 4 tony had 12 more points and his best shooting game while duncan had his worst, but timmy still had 15 boards (8 more than tony) including 5 offensive, 2 more assists, 2 more steals, and 2 more blocks. so anyway, statistically speaking and in terms of overall team impact, particularly at the defensive end, duncan was probably more valuable. but he isn't married to a desperate housewife, and he's never been on extra.

baseketball4life
08-05-2007, 02:45 AM
kobe

L.Kizzle
08-05-2007, 03:00 AM
TimmotHy DunCan.

johndeeregreen
08-05-2007, 03:18 AM
This is pure comedic gold.

dirk is better than yao. Dirk is better than duncan. Its really difficult to make an argument otherwise.

What a f*cking moron.

K.Koscik
08-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Kobe Bryant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannonball
08-05-2007, 04:16 AM
What does being a freakish athlete and having back to back scoring titles get you? Nothing by the looks of kobe.
1. More money than you and I could ever dream to make
2. More ***** than a porn star.
3. The best job ever.
4. Gro0pies.

sick_brah07
08-05-2007, 04:19 AM
kobe is the best player right now

Make It Rain
08-05-2007, 04:20 AM
BULLS = Poseidon

Cannonball
08-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Aaaaaand...

ISH is sooooooooo "what have you done for me now"

Lol at mid season people had Nash and Dirk as unquestionably the top players in the league. One thread that comes to mind was "when was the last time to white players were the best in the league". When gilbert went on his tear people had him above wade and bron right below kobe dirk and nash. lols

In the P/o's people starting putting Barron as a top 10 player... Which he still could be :confusedshrug: but I'm just saying that people only remember the last game they watched apparently...

Miller Time
08-05-2007, 04:32 AM
I vote for Aaron Williams because when he got drafted (1993). He played in a "Freakish Atletic" ERA. Duncan got drafted 1997, thats when the WEAK era started so thats why Aaron Williams is much better. If Aaron Williams was drafted the same year as Duncan(and same age) and he and Duncan switch teams, I predict this: 11 Allstar selection, 4 DPOY, 1 ROY, 8 MVP, 7 Finals MVP. Aaron Williams is obviously the best player in the nba right now. He played in a FREAKISH era, dont forget that! Duncan and his WEAK era is nothing compared to Aaron Williams FREAKISH era.

Happy now BULLS?

Oh and I vote for Duncan.

Kebab Stall
08-05-2007, 04:59 AM
I place my vote for good ol' Timothy Theodore Duncan.

gibbo3000
08-05-2007, 05:07 AM
the best player doesn't neccesarily go to the finals, the best team does
i think if this vote was done at the end of the regular season duncan wouldn't have got as many votes

i think many people suffer from long term memory loss, they can't remember before the finals

Kebab Stall
08-05-2007, 05:09 AM
the best player doesn't neccesarily go to the finals, the best team does
i think if this vote was done at the end of the regular season duncan wouldn't have got as many votes

i think many people suffer from long term memory loss, they can't remember before the finals
On ISH, Duncan would get just as many votes whether it was during last season or during the playoffs.

RDavis31
08-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Kobe Bean Bryant

kobelamarjackson
08-05-2007, 06:41 AM
DUNCAN

i got lots of respect for that guy

jo3y91
08-05-2007, 06:50 AM
His stats are going down, fool. Stats are what matters, not rings.

Who cares about the playoffs? Individual greatness is measured by stats, not rings. Unless it's painfully obvious that one man(with the help of a defensive stopper) won 6 rings single-handedly, rings are overrated.
wow......ur a ****ing idiot.

KIWI
08-05-2007, 07:30 AM
<<<<< nobody impacts the game on both ends like him!

kwajo
08-05-2007, 07:46 AM
dejordan pointed out my exact reasons for why I didn't want Tony to win Finals MVP. I know he deserved it for playing so well, but the problem is that because Tim didn't get it, we will forever be subject to people claiming that Duncan isn't the only superstar on the Spurs, or Tim was carried by Tony in that series, or Tim was declining, etc. While anyone who watched the games would realize Duncan was the best player on the court in every game, and that even though Tony was leading scorer, Tim led the series in rebounds, assists, blocks (and steal? I can't recall) per game.

And btw, yes I vote for Duncan.

krazy19
08-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Who cares about the playoffs? Individual greatness is measured by stats, not rings.

:oldlol:

BA_God
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
If you ask any GM to build their team around one player in his prime, every one of them would take Kobe over Duncan.

Are you on drugs?
U look like brain-damaged since Jordan left the bulls.

Kebab Stall
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
If you ask any GM to build their team around one player in his prime, every one of them would take Kobe over Duncan.
That is a very stupid comment to make.

Richie2k6
08-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Why do you guys keep responding to him? Just put him on your ignore list and move on in life. It works for me; makes it seem like he doesn't even exist.

gb8
08-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I would say its hard to say, Kobe in the backcourt duncan in the frontcourt.

crisoner
08-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Kobe Duncan is the greatest player.

Followed by Lebron Wade.

Carbine
08-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Kobe Duncan is the greatest player.

Followed by Lebron Wade.

Shaq Bryant is right up there, too.

StrengthAndHonor
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM

eye know rite? kobe led shaq n da lakers to 3 titles duncan has nevaa once ben a scoring champ in his hole career! :roll:

NBA_Analyst
08-05-2007, 02:07 PM
According to the highly accurate player judging system

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49362

Tim Duncan is the best Player in the NBA

StrengthAndHonor
08-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I agree. Duncan is woefully overrated. Kobe is a much better player than Duncan.

yehh diz foolz jus hatin kobe. mamba dropped 81 pts yo! 81 pts! duncan cant neva do that.

Fudge
08-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Y DoO U TyP3 LykE DaT? I'm n0T HayTiNz! I gotZ Mad Luvz fOr Mi boi MamBa.

clipps
02-16-2021, 11:48 AM
Gotta be Kawhi, Giannis, Luka or KD.