PDA

View Full Version : Wade v.s. Dirk

cdot11
08-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I've noticed that on a lot of these top ten list people have Dirk over Wade, how so? I know Wade has a few health problems and he cant score on Hinrich :oldlol: but he has a ring and a finals mvp. only thing Dirk has on Wade is a better shot and a undeserving MVP. Who puts Dirk over Wade? Just wondering?

2006-2007:

Wade: 27.4 ppg, 7.5 apg, 4.7 rpg, 2.10 spg, 1.22 bpg

Dirk: 24.6 ppg, 3.4 apg, 8.9 rpg, .67 spg. .79 bpg

Career:

Wade: 23.8 ppg, 6.4 apg, 5 rpg, 1.7 spg, .9 bpg

Dirk: 22.3 ppg, 2.6 apg, 8.6 rpg, 1 spg, 1.1 bpg

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
dwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade is the best in the game and dirk is not a better shooter than wade...maybe 3 pointers but thats it but we really dont kno b/c wade doesnt shoot many 3s b/c hes smart enough to kno that driving is a better way to score unlike dirk who is 7ft but shoots 3s. Wade is the real deal hence the user name. Its also pretty sad how wade averages more blocks than dirk.

OneWay
08-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Wade.

OneWay
08-08-2007, 06:39 PM
And might I add, this is truly a case where Wade's 1 ring over Dirk's 0 really counts because we know what happened.

Richie2k6
08-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Dwyane Wade. A tip for next time: you shouldn't compare a guard to a center/forward.

cdot11
08-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Dwyane Wade. A tip for next time: you shouldn't compare a guard to a center/forward.

Yeah i know but i have seen multiple list with Dirk over Wade. I just wanted to see how many people really feel this way. ANd if you look at the overall stats it is almost like comparing two guards.

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Dirk is, was, and probably always will be a better shooter than Wade. It's not even a fair comparison

If i had a choice between wade or dirk on who to pick to drain a 15-20 footer i would take wade in a heartbeat.

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Wade drives to the hoop because he is an athletic freak who can blow by anyone, and nobody can do anything about it. I'm sure if Dirk had anything close to above average athleticism, he'd drive to the hoop a lot more, but he can't.

It's like asking a fat, 300 lb man to run the mile in 6 minutes. It's an unfair challenge.

If a player is too unathletic to attack the basket, and has a great jumper, he should shoot instead of driving, because he will be more successful.

I wasnt saying dirk should drive so dont put words in my mouth. I guess I have to spell it out b/c I thought it was obvious. Dirk should POST UP more b/c hes 7ft rather than chunk up 3s esp. late in the game. Hes a great foul shooter as well so he could get fouled if nothing else.

bballnoob
08-08-2007, 06:54 PM
So Dirk somehow gets worse shooting the ball nearer to the basket?

steve franchise
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Overall Dwayne Wade is better, and is of better quality than Dirk.

XxNeXuSxX
08-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Wade is the better competitor. But Dirk could be up there if he had the right coach still...

Carbine
08-08-2007, 07:20 PM

A tip for next time: get a brain.

Dirk is, was and never will be your typical center/power forward. He's a 7' guard...thus making this a legit comparison.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
wade is an over-rated injury prone free throw shooter that took advantage of other teams having to watch shaq...

I will take Dirk over a guy in a wheel chair

this thread is also proof that he is over-rated....he didn't even really play this year yet everyone is ranking him above the MVP of the league...

****in ridiculous

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 07:25 PM
wade is an over-rated injury prone free throw shooter that took advantage of other teams having to watch shaq...

this thread is also proof that he is over-rated....he didn't even really play this year yet everyone is ranking him above the MVP of the league...

****in ridiculous

it seems like the only thing u can ever say against wade is the wheelchair thing...when are u gonna get over that dirk is a choke and wade beat the crap out of ur mavs

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 07:26 PM
....he didn't even really play this year yet everyone is ranking him above the MVP of the league...

****in ridiculous

he played 3 quarters of the season u idiot...next time think b4 u type

Carbine
08-08-2007, 07:27 PM

His MVP award means little because of what he did in the playoffs (or lack thereof) so why even bring up his MVP?

Should we forget the absoulute ass whupin' Dwade put on DIRKS own Mavericks? Dwade took the championship from them, and played brilliantly. While Dirk sat back and shot jumper after jumper.

Dwade is rated fine.

cdot11
08-08-2007, 07:28 PM

****in ridiculous

and dirks not overrated or anything huh:rollingeyes: . dirk being mvp was a joke. but this is coming from someone whos avatar is deion so yeah you should no a little something about overrated.

TheHonestTruth
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wade
Wade + Stern > Dirk

There you go.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
and dirks not overrated or anything huh:rollingeyes: . dirk being mvp was a joke. but this is coming from someone whos avatar is deion so yeah you should no a little something about overrated.
WHOOOAA

time out...

are you sayig that Deion is over-rated?

mlh1981
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
we wouldn't be having this conversation about Dirk if he and his team didn't have the extreme misfourtune of facing the GSW in the first round. That was the only team who matched up well against them. Dirk has usually been a decent playoff performer in the past. He's certainly not the "choker" that he has been labeled as. He just had some awful moments this year that caused people to forget his successes last year in beating the Spurs. He could stand to be more assertive at times, but I would love to have a 7'0 guy who's not even 30 yet, who can bury a shot from anywhere on the court........

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
he played 3 quarters of the season u idiot...next time think b4 u type
and he got as far as Dirk did....next time don't post

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 07:38 PM
and he got as far as Dirk did....next time don't post

but i thought dirk was the glorious mvp...and wade didnt lose to an 8th seed...its also very hard to repeat and win with a team with players whose average age is 35...and i havent even mentioned the shoulder and knee

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
but i thought dirk was the glorious mvp...and wade didnt lose to an 8th seed...its also very hard to repeat and win with a team with players whose average age is 35...and i havent even mentioned the shoulder and knee
you were just tring to prove to me how much he played this year...

now you are saying it doesn't count because of injury...

plus your ****ing name is d-wade...there is no point in talking to you

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
you were just tring to prove to me how much he played this year...

now you are saying it doesn't count because of injury...

plus your ****ing name is d-wade...there is no point in talking to you

I honestly would change my opinion about wade if some1 would give me a reason why hes overrated that actually makes sense...hint: the word wheelchair does not count

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I honestly would change my opinion about wade if some1 would give me a reason why hes overrated that actually makes sense...hint: the word wheelchair does not count
shaq
refs/fouls
and yes....a wheelchair...the man is injury prone unlike Dirk

that about sums it up

he is a good player...but he couldn't have taken the Cavs to the Finals like Lebron did

I think when Shaq is gone people will think of Wade as being less than Melo

qrich
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM

Dirk is an over-rated choker who can't do anything but chuck shots due to using his height as an advantage for the shots, as opposed to scoring in the post.

I will take Wade over a 7 foot chucker who also chokes.

...he didn't even really play this year yet everyone is ranking him above the MVP of the league...

****in ridiculous

Wade didn't play half the games this year? News to me, and who cares if he's the MVP..he CHOKED yet again

mlh1981
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
shaq
refs/fouls
and yes....a wheelchair...the man is injury prone unlike Dirk

that about sums it up

he is a good player...but he couldn't have taken the Cavs to the Finals like Lebron did

I think when Shaq is gone people will think of Wade as being less than Melo

In all fairness, Wade did experience some playoff success before Shaq............

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Wade didn't play half the games this year? News to me, and who cares if he's the MVP..he CHOKED yet again
so when did Dirk choke the first time?

was it against Miami?...if so then you can't give Wade any credit, because they would have lost if Dirk didn't choke...

pick one and roll with it...either Wade went off or Dirk choked, not both

qrich
08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
so when did Dirk choke the first time?

was it against Miami?...if so then you can't give Wade any credit, because they would have lost if Dirk didn't choke...

pick one and roll with it...either Wade went off or Dirk choked, not both

Quite simple, while Dirk was busy choking, Wade was taking over. As opposed to getting his team back in the game, and keep them calm while Wade was going off, Dirk was just sitting back and letting it happen

SsKSpurs21
08-08-2007, 08:19 PM
WHEN Dirk develops a post game he will be unstoppable. he needs to develop that power to post up players and take it strong to the rim like he did against the spurs in 06... his problem is that he relies way too much on jumpshots.

if he understands the post game you cant even hack a shaq him because he shoots close to 90% from the foul line.

Dirk with a post game = trouble from everyone in the league.

Agent_Zero
08-08-2007, 08:21 PM
At this point, I take Wade. He's won a ring, and won Finals MVP as well. Dirk choked in the finals and in the golden state series. Sure, he's been decent, but not remarkable the last two years. If Wade had not gotten injured, the Heat would get past the Bulls. Maybe not easily, but they would have. Wade is younger as well, and has many opportunities to win more titles. Don't know about Dirk though.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 08:22 PM
WHEN Dirk develops a post game he will be unstoppable. he needs to develop that power to post up players and take it strong to the rim like he did against the spurs in 06... his problem is that he relies way too much on jumpshots.

if he understands the post game you cant even hack a shaq him because he shoots close to 90% from the foul line.

Dirk with a post game = trouble from everyone in the league.
he is an outside shooter

avery needs to understand that his true power is from the outside...he is not a center

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 08:26 PM
At this point, I take Wade. He's won a ring, and won Finals MVP as well. Dirk choked in the finals and in the golden state series. Sure, he's been decent, but not remarkable the last two years. If Wade had not gotten injured, the Heat would get past the Bulls. Maybe not easily, but they would have. Wade is younger as well, and has many opportunities to win more titles. Don't know about Dirk though.
1.but he did get injured...he is injury prone

2. you are saying the only reason Wade has a ring is because Dirk choked...

Agent_Zero
08-08-2007, 08:30 PM
1.but he did get injured...he is injury prone

2. you are saying the only reason Wade has a ring is because Dirk choked...

He's young isn't he? 25 years old? He's coming back healthy next year, and while I don't believe the Heat will make much noise in the postseason, if at all, he will have a monster season.

It wasn't about Dirk not being clutch, it was about Wade making the right, aggressive plays, attacking the defense consistently, getting team mates involved. Posey and Haslem made a great effort on Dirk defensively and it showed through his frustration. Payton made some big plays, Shaq was still holding it down, even though not as dominant. His presence still provided something. Even 'Toine contributed some on the boards.

picc84
08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Wade all day every day.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 08:41 PM
He's young isn't he? 25 years old? He's coming back healthy next year, and while I don't believe the Heat will make much noise in the postseason, if at all, he will have a monster season.
Dirk will have a better season...and post season as long as GS isn't in the way

It wasn't about Dirk not being clutch, it was about Wade making the right, aggressive plays, attacking the defense consistently, getting team mates involved. Posey and Haslem made a great effort on Dirk defensively and it showed through his frustration. Payton made some big plays, Shaq was still holding it down, even though not as dominant. His presence still provided something. Even 'Toine contributed some on the boards.
so Dirk didn't choke then...Wade just went off?

picc84
08-08-2007, 08:47 PM
so Dirk didn't choke then...Wade just went off?

Both. In addition to the phantom menace effect from the refs.

It was a 3-pronged dagger for Dallas.

Agent_Zero
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM

Exactly.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM

they got hit with a trident?

Rockets(T-mac)
08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Wade.

picc84
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
they got hit with a trident?

The mother of all tridents.

I guess you could say this year with GS they got hit with a machine gun.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 08:56 PM
The mother of all tridents.

I guess you could say this year with GS they got hit with a machine gun.
lmao....true

every single player on the team choked, even the coach.

and GS couldn't miss a 3 pointer if they tried...

that was more like a nuclear missle

SsKSpurs21
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
he is an outside shooter

avery needs to understand that his true power is from the outside...he is not a center

even so, he still needs to develop a post game.

if you cant post up stephen jackson as a power forward then what can you do?
when the mavs need easy baskets they need their leader to get easy buckets and posting up and getting to the rim is the easiest way to get high percentage shots.

in the playoffs, when dirk plays some type of post game the mavs win (spurs, suns), when he doesnt they lose (heat, warriors). its not a coincidence.

picc84
08-08-2007, 09:01 PM
lmao....true

every single player on the team choked, even the coach.

and GS couldn't miss a 3 pointer if they tried...

that was more like a nuclear missle

Unfortunately for Dallas, it may be something different every year....but its always something.

Human Error
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Nowitzki is a deadly shooter but teams that start Nowitzki at the 4 face a structural problem because their starting power forward can't be in a position where he can grab or help his teammates to get offensive boards, given he's a power forward roaming around 20 feet away from the basket. And as we've already seen in the Finals, Nowitzki is ineffective when his shots aren't falling, while Wade still can go the rim at will for higher percentage shots even when his shots are off. And anyone who says Wade is a horrible shooter deserves a smack in the mouth, as Wade has saved the Heat numerous times with his mid-range jumper which one of the surest things that the NBA have in clutch situations.

Kblaze8855
08-08-2007, 09:20 PM
The NBA has had an unusual string of unimpressive(relative to history) MVPs. You lead a 67 win team to a loss in the first round to a 41 win team as you score 19 a game on 38% shooting including a 2-13 shooting 8 point elimination game....you just cant expect to get that usual MVP status.

In 05 Nash killed it in the playoffs. In 06 he was also good. WCF at least. In 04 KG went to the WCF and put up 24/15/5 over 18 games including a 30/20 game 7 where he made literally every single shot in the 4th for his team. nobody else made a field goal i nthe 4th. In 03 Duncan put up 25/15/5 and led his team to the title nearly getting a quadruple double in the last game of the finals. In 02 Duncan put up 28/14/5 and lost to the Lakers. AI put up 33 a game and led his team to the finals and got one more win vs the Lakers than the entire west did. Shaq got 31 and 15 and led his team to a ring.

Even Karl Malones choking ass put up 22/11 and got out of the first round and shot better than Dirk in the 99 playoffs and we all know of his 97 year. Jordan in 98 won the title. Hakeem and Barkley either went to the finals or won it all. Drob the WCF. Magic and Mike won it all in MVP years before that. Magic got knocked out before the finals in an MVP year but it wasint in the first round. Jordan got knocked out before the finals in 88 but he put up 36/7/5 and shot 53%. Bird won the title or made the finals in his MVP years. gotta go back to Moses malone for an MVP who went out so early and he put up 25/21 in the playoffs when he went out. And it was a 4/5 matchup and vs the Sonics his team was the lower seed. And he put up 24/17.

Even Walton playing literally on one foot when his foot split and he tried to play through it put up 14/11 on 61% shooting in only 24 minutes a game his MVP year.

Dirk just led a team to the greatest upset defeat in modern sports history and went out like a chump being guarded by swingmen. IT was the poorest performance i nthe playoffs by an MVP probbaly ever. Its easily the worst ever if you dont count when MVPs got hurt. Cousy had a 20/9/6 playoff run as MVP where he shot 32% but at least they won the title.

Dirk combines among the worst play EVER seen out of the MVP in the playoffs with the biggest upset in nba history.

You cant expect him to get usual MVP props after that. Him being the MVP is more a source of humor to many fans than it is a reason to rank him over a guy like Wade who took his team to a title as Dirk faded in the finals.

I think Dirk will come back and make up for it eventually. But right now? Cant expect his rep to be as good as you would figure an MVPs would.

truwarrior93
08-08-2007, 09:21 PM
flash

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 09:31 PM
The NBA has had an unusual string of unimpressive(relative to history) MVPs. You lead a 67 win team to a loss in the first round to a 41 win team as you score 19 a game on 38% shooting including a 2-13 shooting 8 point elimination game....you just cant expect to get that usual MVP status.

In 05 Nash killed it in the playoffs. In 06 he was also good. WCF at least. In 04 KG went to the WCF and put up 24/15/5 over 18 games including a 30/20 game 7 where he made literally every single shot in the 4th for his team. nobody else made a field goal i nthe 4th. In 03 Duncan put up 25/15/5 and led his team to the title nearly getting a quadruple double in the last game of the finals. In 02 Duncan put up 28/14/5 and lost to the Lakers. AI put up 33 a game and led his team to the finals and got one more win vs the Lakers than the entire west did. Shaq got 31 and 15 and led his team to a ring.

Even Karl Malones choking ass put up 22/11 and got out of the first round and shot better than Dirk in the 99 playoffs and we all know of his 97 year. Jordan in 98 won the title. Hakeem and Barkley either went to the finals or won it all. Drob the WCF. Magic and Mike won it all in MVP years before that. Magic got knocked out before the finals in an MVP year but it wasint in the first round. Jordan got knocked out before the finals in 88 but he put up 36/7/5 and shot 53%. Bird won the title or made the finals in his MVP years. gotta go back to Moses malone for an MVP who went out so early and he put up 25/21 in the playoffs when he went out. And it was a 4/5 matchup and vs the Sonics his team was the lower seed. And he put up 24/17.

Even Walton playing literally on one foot when his foot split and he tried to play through it put up 14/11 on 61% shooting in only 24 minutes a game his MVP year.

Dirk just led a team to the greatest upset defeat in modern sports history and went out like a chump being guarded by swingmen. IT was the poorest performance i nthe playoffs by an MVP probbaly ever. Its easily the worst ever if you dont count when MVPs got hurt. Cousy had a 20/9/6 playoff run as MVP where he shot 32% but at least they won the title.

Dirk combines among the worst play EVER seen out of the MVP in the playoffs with the biggest upset in nba history.

You cant expect him to get usual MVP props after that. Him being the MVP is more a source of humor to many fans than it is a reason to rank him over a guy like Wade who took his team to a title as Dirk faded in the finals.

I think Dirk will come back and make up for it eventually. But right now? Cant expect his rep to be as good as you would figure an MVPs would.
people (like yourself) put way too much emphasis on how Dirk did that series and no one else...

what about Dirk's team mates?

what about Dirk's coach playing him at center when he is nota center?

what about the fact that GS made 800 three-point shots?

Dirk could have averaged 30/15 that entire series and the Mavs still would have lost...by alot

Dirk played poorly but some of that can be blamed on his coach as well as his team

and I guess Wade gets a pass in this year's play-offs because of his shoulder...figures

Wade can do no wrong to you people...he is so over-rated it isn't even funny

Rockets(T-mac)
08-08-2007, 09:35 PM
people (like yourself) put way too much emphasis on how Dirk did that series and no one else...

Dirk could have averaged 30/15 that entire series and the Mavs still would have lost...by alot

Dirk played poorly but some of that can be blamed on his coach as well as his team

and I guess Wade gets a pass in this year's play-offs because of his shoulder...figures

Why is it always so hard for you to except an flaws about Dirk? Every player has flaws.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Why is it always so hard for you to except an flaws about Dirk? Every player has flaws.
i do except them...what makes you think that I don't?

Rockets(T-mac)
08-08-2007, 09:39 PM
i do except them...what makes you think that I don't?
Well when ever something is said about Dirk you always bring up another player and state flaws about them.

Kblaze8855
08-08-2007, 09:43 PM
What is it about your experience with sports makes you think the treatment star players get when they lose is fair?

And it doesnt have anything to do with Wade. half the time I talk about him Wade fans act like I hate him because I give shaq a lot of credit for his success. But fact is once you have that ring you can only fall so far. not like Wade is a billups like finals MVP. That guy destroyed the Mavs and is a legit superstar. Wade and Dirk could play the exact same(and they didnt...Wade played better) but Wade has that ring...and he outplayed Dirk to get it. it will be tied to them forever unless Dirk does the same to him.

Just how it works.

Wade has a ring. Dirk doesnt. Dirk played like ass vs a vastly inferior team being guarded by average defensive swingmen on a team that plays offense first, second, and third. Wade played below standards but better than Dirk vs an equal or better team guarded by two very good defenders(Kirk and Thabo) on one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Of course wades rep isnt gonna suffer as much. You cant both play like ass and lose the biggest upset ever and not lose respect. You can do one...you cant do both.

Just how sports is. Imagine Peyton Manning had lost to the Broncos in the first round after that 49TD season and he went 12 of 42 for 110 yards with no TDs, 4 picks, and 2 fumbles. Thats the kind of ending Dirk just had to his season.

That doesnt happen without a big loss of respect.

picc84
08-08-2007, 09:45 PM

Whats funny is I remember being in the game threads and everyone commenting on every player *but* Dirk keeping Dallas in the game. Even Austin Croshere at one point was demanding the ball from Dirk, who was happy to give it to him. :oldlol:

No way. Wades shoulder is no excuse for the Bulls series. However the Mavs were the 1 seed and won 67 games with a very well-built team, and they got demolished. It was the worst upset in NBA history. And it wasnt the first time Dirks Mavs have choked. They make a habit of being embarrased, and you cant deny it.

30 point 4th quarter comeback from the Lakers in 2003 season, Dirks team
Kobe outscoring the entire team through 3 quarters by himself last year
Last years finals vs. Miami
This year vs. Golden State

Wade got swept one year by a team that was obvioulsy much better than Miami was. They didnt choke, they just got outplayed.

Dirk has a history of choking througout his career in different situations. Thats the difference between Wade and Dirk that people are using here.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Well when ever something is said about Dirk you always bring up another player and state flaws about them.
the name of this thread is Dirk vs. Wade

of course I am going to bring up Wade's flaws

as for the GS series I clearly acknowledged the fact that Dirk played poorly

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
What is it about your experience with sports makes you think the treatment star players get when they lose is fair?

And it doesnt have anything to do with Wade. half the time I talk about him Wade fans act like I hate him because I give shaq a lot of credit for his success. But fact is once you have that ring you can only fall so far. not like Wade is a billups like finals MVP. That guy destroyed the Mavs and is a legit superstar. Wade and Dirk could play the exact same(and they didnt...Wade played better) but Wade has that ring...and he outplayed Dirk to get it. it will be tied to them forever unless Dirk does the same to him.

Just how it works.

Wade has a ring. Dirk doesnt. Dirk played like ass vs a vastly inferior team being guarded by average defensive swingmen on a team that plays offense first, second, and third. Wade played below standards but better than Dirk vs an equal or better team guarded by two very good defenders(Kirk and Thabo) on one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Of course wades rep isnt gonna suffer as much. You cant both play like ass and lose the biggest upset ever and not lose respect. You can do one...you cant do both.

Just how sports is. Imagine Peyton Manning had lost to the Broncos in the first round after that 49TD season and he went 12 of 42 for 110 yards with no TDs, 4 picks, and 2 fumbles. Thats the kind of ending Dirk just had to his season.

That doesnt happen without a big loss of respect.
seriesly....you are making your entire comparison of the two players based on one god damn series...

Dirk "choked" because Dirk was considered to be better than Wade who didn't "choke" because people expected him to lose...

Dirk gets looked at as a choker because people think highly of him

people say he choked against Miami because deep down inside they know the Mavs were a better team...

hwliuLAP
08-08-2007, 09:54 PM
people say he choked against Miami because deep down inside they know the Mavs were a better team...

I knew the Mavs were better,
but they didn't get the ring,
what's the point? isn't that the classic example of chocking?

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I knew the Mavs were better,
but they didn't get the ring,
what's the point? isn't that the classic example of chocking?
my point is Dirk > Wade

classic example of choking is missing an easy put in golf because everything was on the line

missing an easy feild goal in over-time

missing the 8 ball in a $1000 game of pool

BigDaddy
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Who's better, Dirk or Wade? Lets see, they met in the finals, Wade played like an all-star, better than Dirk, there you go. As simple as that.
What good are stats if they fail when you really need them, Wade is better.
Season or playoffs, it doesn't matter.

Kblaze8855
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
seriesly....you are making your entire comparison of the two players based on one god damn series...

Not really. Just explaining the reason it impacts the ranking as much as it does for much of the fanbase.

Dirk "choked" because Dirk was considered to be better than Wade who didn't "choke" because people expected him to lose...

Best player isnt expected to win every series. But the best team is. The Mavs were probably better than the Heat. Doesnt mean everyone believed Dirk to be better than Wade. Though 6 minutes left in game 3 Dirk hit the highest level of universal respect he probably ever had(maybe a tad less than game 7 vs the Spurs). The last 6 minutes and 3 games changed things forever.

Not all people labeled chokers are that because they are expected to win. I consider Karl Malone one...I never thought highly of him. Many considered Manning one...and never thought highly of him.

And that fact is a positive for Dirk to you?

hwliuLAP
08-08-2007, 10:05 PM
my point is Dirk > Wade

classic example of choking is missing an easy put in golf because everything was on the line

missing an easy feild goal in over-time

missing the 8 ball in a $1000 game of pool

losing to a team that is expected to lose to you........TWICE in the playoff
that's a pretty decent resume for me

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Who's better, Dirk or Wade? Lets see, they met in the finals, Wade played like an all-star, better than Dirk, there you go. As simple as that.
What good are stats if they fail when you really need them, Wade is better.
Season or playoffs, it doesn't matter.
I guess Tony Parker is better than Dirk as well then...

Richie2k6
08-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Dirk is, was and never will be your typical center/power forward. He's a 7' guard...thus making this a legit comparison.
Right, and then after we can compare Allen Iverson to Mehmet Okur. Because that's basically what this is, comparing Wade and Dirk. Wade's game is a lot like Iverson's and Dirk is an advanced version of Mehmet Okur with more skill. Legit comparison, eh?

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
losing to a team that is expected to lose to you........TWICE in the playoff
that's a pretty decent resume for me
you are right....the Mavs/Dirk choked

my point is that it is considered a choke because everyone thinks Dirk > Wade

get it now?

Kblaze8855
08-08-2007, 10:09 PM
No its considered a choke because the Mavs were expected ot beat the heat. That doesnt make Dirk better than Wade.

cdot11
08-08-2007, 10:13 PM

get it now?

:roll: nice spin.

hwliuLAP
08-08-2007, 10:13 PM

get it now?

so I guess Billups is better than Shaq now since they beat him in the finals

how can you even put Dirk choked and Dirk > Wade who has a ring in the same post? :confusedshrug:

BigDaddy
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I guess Tony Parker is better than Dirk as well then...

We all know who's better between those two. Parker is not the #1 guy in his team. If you talk about the Spurs' #1 guy just like Dirk is in his team, Duncan is better than Dirk. I know Duncan is not the point in this thread but if you bring out the Spurs, Duncan is better than Dirk.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
We all know who's better between those two. Parker is not the #1 guy in his team. If you talk about the Spurs' #1 guy just like Dirk is in his team, Duncan is better than Dirk. I know Duncan is not the point in this thread but if you bring out the Spurs, Duncan is better than Dirk.
and IMO Wade was not the #1 guy on his team either

and please don't put up Shaq's numbers....I have seen them 100 times

Shaq's presence is why teams are unable to double Wade....he is the reason Kobe won and he is also the reason Wade won

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:18 PM
No its considered a choke because the Mavs were expected ot beat the heat. That doesnt make Dirk better than Wade.
yes it does...

before that series started 90% of all NBA fans thought that

Richie2k6
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM

Wow. Just wow.

hwliuLAP
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
before that series started 90% of all NBA fans thought that

that only means Dirk > Wade is old news
because you know..... people do judge players based on performances
just because people thought of that one year and a half ago
doesn't mean anything

the fact is that after Dirk choked, people considered Wade better since he played his best when it comes down to the most important game of his career.
Things like that DO MATTERS

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:25 PM
that only means Dirk > Wade is old news
because you know..... people do judge players based on performances
just because people thought of that one year and a half ago
doesn't mean anything

the fact is that after Dirk choked, people considered Wade better since he played his best when it comes down to the most important game of his career.
Things like that DO MATTERS
they do...

but not enough to put Wade over one of the NBA's few big men

Wade is not a top 5 player in the NBA...

wade was injured...
Things like that DO MATTER

InfiniteBaskets
08-08-2007, 10:28 PM

I think going into the finals people thought much more highly of Wade than Dirk. Espeically looking at the numbers each had put up in the playoffs up to that point.

I'm a heat fan and even I knew the Mavs were a better team. I was pumped when the Heat beat the Pistons in ECF and that was all I thought we were getting which was nonetheless a step ahead of what we did the year prior. The majority of analysts and fans rated Dallas' team higher.

I remember thinking that the only way the Heat would have a chance was if Shaq had a monster serious somehow or else this is just gonna get ugly. But Wade really proved himself in that series alone. I'm not saying he did it alone but it's obvoius he LED his team to victory over the Mavs. Throughout the series I'd say he was the best player on either team.

Now, I'd still take Wade. He's young and more than likely he's going to heal. Wade's clearly because he's athletic and skilled. He's got a good looking jumper from the top of the key or the banker from either side. And he's better at finishing around the basket than Nowitzki, he's prob got more points in paint than Dirk.

The only thing Dirk has on Wade is shooting. Yes rebounding, but he's taller so that's expected. 9 rebounds a game doesn't even break top 20. But then again I don't blame him, he doesn't stick around the paint much. Dirk's interior D isn't threatening, Wade's got more blocks than him and Dirk really did nothing to prevent Wade nor Baron Davis etc.. from finishing around the basket after they beat their original guard.

The only other thing you might say is that Dirk is less injury-prone than Wade. Well Dirk is probably less injury prone than most guards or bigmen because he doesn't spend much time in the paint. Wade's more injury-prone because he aggresively attacks each play, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

SsKSpurs21
08-08-2007, 10:32 PM

now you know how spurs fans feel when the DRob vs Hakeem comparisons come up. people base EVERYTHING on that one series and forget the rest...thats life i guess.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Now, I'd still take Wade. He's young and more than likely he's going to heal. Wade's clearly because he's athletic and skilled. He's got a good looking jumper from the top of the key or the banker from either side. And he's better at finishing around the basket than Nowitzki, he's prob got more points in paint than Dirk.

The only thing Dirk has on Wade is shooting. Yes rebounding, but he's taller so that's expected. 9 rebounds a game doesn't even break top 20. But then again I don't blame him, he doesn't stick around the paint much. Dirk's interior D isn't threatening, Wade's got more blocks than him and Dirk really did nothing to prevent Wade nor Baron Davis etc.. from finishing around the basket after they beat their original guard.

it doesn't matter that it is expected...

I guess iverson is better than Wilt?

Wilt is tall so all the things he did were expected...unlike AI

Richie2k6
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
it doesn't matter that it is expected...

I guess iverson is better than Wilt?

Wilt is tall so all the things he did were expected...unlike AI
Nobody penalizes Shaquille O'Neal for not averaging 8 assists per game, because it's not his job to do that. Same goes for rebounding.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Just because the Mavs were the favouites doesn't mean that Dirk is better than Wade.

How can you possible say that Wade wasn't the first option.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Nobody penalizes Shaquille O'Neal for not averaging 8 assists per game, because it's not his job to do that. Same goes for rebounding.
and no one is penalizing Dirk for assits either...

what someone is doing is not giving Dirk credit for something due to the fact that he is tall...and that is unfair

like I said...AI > Wilt if we can't give credit to things people do because of thier height

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Just because the Mavs were the favouites doesn't mean that Dirk is better than Wade.

How can you possible say that Wade wasn't the first option.
imo wade couldn't have done any of that non-sense without Shaq and the refs..

I don't say Wade was the #1 for the same reason I don't say Kobe was...

Richie2k6
and no one is penalizing Dirk for assits either...

what someone is doing is not giving Dirk credit for something due to the fact that he is tall...and that is unfair

like I said...AI > Wilt if we can't give credit to things people do because of thier height
No, Dirk can get all the credit he wants for rebounding. Just don't take away from Wade for not being as good at it, because again, he's not supposed to be as good as forward/centers at it, at least prototypically. (Excluding Jason Kidd).

theinfamousmobb
I would compare Dirk to the Kg's, AI's, and such of the games, 2nd tier while the Lebrons, Kobes, Duncans,and Wades the 1st tier of superstars.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
imo wade couldn't have done any of that non-sense without Shaq and the refs..

I don't say Wade was the #1 for the same reason I don't say Kobe was...
Yes Shaq opened up lanes for Wade but you can't give him all the credit. Wade has the amazing ability to find ways into the lane. Watch the games this season when Wade played without Shaq he was still doing what he does with Shaq.

Something you seem to disregard is that Wade is a better defender than Dirk which also plays into why Wade is better.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I would compare Dirk to the Kg's, AI's, and such of the games, 2nd tier while the Lebrons, Kobes, Duncans,and Wades the 1st tier of superstars.
stfu

theinfamousmobb
08-08-2007, 10:59 PM
stfu

STFU

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 11:00 PM
STFU

lol...true

I expected that right after i posted

but saying the MVP is not first tier is ridiculous

theinfamousmobb
08-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Yes Shaq opened up lanes for Wade but you can't give him all the credit. Wade has the amazing ability to find ways into the lane. Watch the games this season when Wade played without Shaq he was still doing what he does with Shaq.

Something you seem to disregard is that Wade is a better defender than Dirk which also plays into why Wade is better.
Wade opens up the lanes for Shaq just as much as Shaq does for Wade.Plus less and less teams are doubling Shaq now a adays, shoot most teams play him straight up now. And Wade actually plays better, that is steps his game up when Shaqs out.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Wade opens up the lanes for Shaq just as much as Shaq does for Wade.Plus less and less teams are doubling Shaq now a adays, shoot most teams play him straight up now. And Wade actually plays better, that is steps his game up when Shaqs out.
WTF...

Shaq drives thru lanes?...when did this happen?

cdot11
08-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I think going into the finals people thought much more highly of Wade than Dirk. Espeically looking at the numbers each had put up in the playoffs up to that point.

I'm a heat fan and even I knew the Mavs were a better team. I was pumped when the Heat beat the Pistons in ECF and that was all I thought we were getting which was nonetheless a step ahead of what we did the year prior. The majority of analysts and fans rated Dallas' team higher.

I remember thinking that the only way the Heat would have a chance was if Shaq had a monster serious somehow or else this is just gonna get ugly. But Wade really proved himself in that series alone. I'm not saying he did it alone but it's obvoius he LED his team to victory over the Mavs. Throughout the series I'd say he was the best player on either team.

The only other thing you might say is that Dirk is less injury-prone than Wade. Well Dirk is probably less injury prone than most guards or bigmen because he doesn't spend much time in the paint. Wade's more injury-prone because he aggresively attacks each play, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

good point.

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 11:43 PM
primetime needs to understand that being injury prone does not diminish ones skills on the court when that player is healthy...it may decrease their value slightly but it does not interfere with talent

picc84
08-08-2007, 11:43 PM
How can you say Wade wasnt the reason they won?

Here's a fact. When I watching the series, I was rooting for Dallas. Every single game. Know something funny? I was more scared of Miami when Zo was in, then when Shaq was. A sentiment most people I know who rooted for Dallas shared. Its entirely possible they win that series without him playing more than 15 mins a game.

SupermanOnSteroids
08-08-2007, 11:45 PM
rings and finals MVP

Wade:1
Dirk: 0

EOT.

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 11:49 PM
How can you say Wade wasnt the reason they won?

Here's a fact. When I watching the series, I was rooting for Dallas. Every single game. Know something funny? I was more scared of Miami when Zo was in, then when Shaq was. A sentiment most people I know who rooted for Dallas shared. Its entirely possible they win that series without him playing more than 15 mins a game.

I share this sentiment. I liked it when zo was in b/c wade didnt screw around by deferring to shaq. He would just take over. And stop with the phantom calls. Yes there were a few but he scored 40 pts a game and maybe a couple of those pts came off of bad calls.

-primetime-
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM
rings and finals MVP

Wade:1

EOT.
rings and finals MVP

Parker:4

TA (try again)

SupermanOnSteroids
08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
as the team leader??

and don't tell me shaq was the one that was carrying that miami team.

wade is a better player than dirk. but still if i were starting a team i'd pick dirk over wade. its a similar situation as kobe vs duncan. kobe is the arguably the best player in basketball but he wouldn't be the first choice for many GMs. dirk's presence on the floor changes things and forces teams to adapt unless that team is golden state

d-wade2923
08-08-2007, 11:58 PM
as the team leader??

and don't tell me shaq was the one that was carrying that miami team.

wade is a better player than dirk. but still if i were starting a team i'd pick dirk over wade. its a similar situation as kobe vs duncan. kobe is the arguably the best player in basketball but he wouldn't be the first choice for many GMs. dirk's presence on the floor changes things and forces teams to adapt unless that team is golden state

I still dont understand how ppl can say that one player is better than another but they would take the lesser player first when starting a team. Makes no sense to me. Wouldnt u want the best player???!!!

-primetime-
08-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I still dont understand how ppl can say that one player is better than another but they would take the lesser player first when starting a team. Makes no sense to me. Wouldnt u want the best player???!!!
because Dirk is a big man....hard to find

and deep down inside he knows that Dirk is more valuble (aka better) he just doesn't want to admitt it.

jo3y91
08-09-2007, 12:12 AM
in all seriousness, wade is better then dirk and lebron is better then both of them. wade has more skill and leadership. everytime dallas looked to dirk as a leader he always disapeared example goldenstate series.

dallas won alot of games because they were a great team. look to dirk team gone dirk chokes.

d-wade2923
08-09-2007, 12:12 AM
because Dirk is a big man....hard to find

and deep down inside he knows that Dirk is more valuble (aka better) he just doesn't want to admitt it.

so u would take shaq over jordan or better yet duncan over jordan....and i think ur right about the 2nd part of what u said b/c i dont see how u could say one guy is better but then take the other guy

d-wade2923
08-09-2007, 12:13 AM
in all seriousness, wade is better then dirk and lebron is better then both of them. wade has more skill and leadership. everytime dallas looked to dirk as a leader he always disapeared example goldenstate series.

dallas won alot of games because they were a great team. look to dirk team gone dirk chokes.

the only thing that lebron can do better than wade is dunk and rebound...and i dont associate dunking ability with greatness...but thats another story

-primetime-
08-09-2007, 12:15 AM
so u would take shaq over jordan or better yet duncan over jordan....and i think ur right about the 2nd part of what u said b/c i dont see how u could say one guy is better but then take the other guy
If I thought either of them were better than Jordan

but I don't

I think that Dirk is better than Wade

Jakez On Point11
08-09-2007, 02:09 AM
I'd rank Dirks MVP next to Nash's 2 MVPS, on the level of hilarious. A player like Abdudl deserved his, and I'm not saying Nash didn't deserve one, but a confident player with athleticism passing hardly makes him a MVP forerunner.

Where's Dwyane's? I know it's comin!

BTY Dirk wins one on one but wade is better overall and always will be

picc84
08-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I share this sentiment. I liked it when zo was in b/c wade didnt screw around by deferring to shaq. He would just take over. And stop with the phantom calls. Yes there were a few but he scored 40 pts a game and maybe a couple of those pts came off of bad calls.

Its cool that we agree and all but dont lowball the phantom menace effect. There were more than just a couple bad calls, and a lot of them happened in critical 4th quarter situations. Lets not write this off as if everything was going wrong in the 1st quarter where it'd be more inconsequential.

Optimus Prime
08-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Choking aside, I would say Dirk is the better player. He's tall. He won league MVP. It's not a very large margin, but it's there.

FCardelle
08-09-2007, 01:28 PM

If Dirk were a guard, he would be the slowest guard in the historiy of the NBA :oldlol:
Dirk is a big man who can shoot. Nothing special nowadays.

And, yes. I think Dirk is better than Wade.

NBA4EVER
08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
WADE

IGOTGAME
08-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Dirk is not a big man in the good sense..Its harder to build a team around Dirk then it is Wade and that because Dirk is a jumpshooter that that plays the 4 with bad defense...

So everytime they lose he cries "We need a post presence", newsflash your the dam pf...And there arent that many post prences in the lg at the center spot that can also make up for you defensive weaknesses as well

then he cries about pg play...newsflash "you had the best pg in the lg" yeah you couldnt get it done with him and he has played much better without you...

And plus dirk admitted to choking in the clutch and tried rationalize it like every1 does...

Wade is way better then Dirk...

steve franchise
08-09-2007, 03:39 PM

and please don't put up Shaq's numbers....I have seen them 100 times

Shaq's presence is why teams are unable to double Wade....he is the reason Kobe won and he is also the reason Wade won

Wade was and is the #1 guy in his team. I know is hard for you to realize that because shaq has always been his teams #1 guy. Wade is the number #1 option for his team, Shaq WAS in L.A. I know that. Wade and Kobe couldn't had won without Shaq but he wasn't the number one guy when Heat won the finals. YOU WANNA START A FAN VOTE TO SEE WHO IS THE NUMBER GUY FOR THE HEAT. I DON'T THINK SO. YOU'LL LOOSE.

elz
08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
This is unfair comparison
I like Wade more than Dirk

but Dirk is the man on his team

Wade has Shaq & even though Shaq is declining.
Shaq is still the veteran that team looks to for leadership.
and Shaq is still 300 plus pounds and when he wants to do something
no one can stop him

By Default IMO Dirk should get the benefit of the doubt.
Wade is not carring the heat by himself.
That team is built around Shaq not Wade.
Dirk has a great supporting cast but no one's double teaming Josh howard nor Jason Terry.
Shaq would drop 25 plus if he wasn't still being double teamed.
Teams can't gear their defenses toward Wade because Shaq's there.
Wade job is far more easier than Dirk.
However I do think is Dirk soft.

IGOTGAME
08-09-2007, 03:55 PM
This is unfair comparison
I like Wade more than Dirk

but Dirk is the man on his team

Wade has Shaq & even though Shaq is declining.
Shaq is still the veteran that team looks to for leadership.
and Shaq is still 300 plus pounds and when he wants to do something
no one can stop him

By Default IMO Dirk should get the benefit of the doubt.
Wade is not carring the heat by himself.
That team is built around Shaq not Wade.
Dirk has a great supporting cast but no one's double teaming Josh howard nor Jason Terry.
Shaq would drop 25 plus if he wasn't still being double teamed.
Teams can't gear their defenses toward Wade because Shaq's there.
Wade job is far more easier than Dirk.
However I do think is Dirk soft.

Steve Nash
Nick Van Excel
Mike Finley
A. Jamison
A. Walker
Josh Howard
M.Daniel

Dirk has had talent around him...he just cant get it done

elz
08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Wade was and is the #1 guy in his team. I know is hard for you to realize that because shaq has always been his teams #1 guy. Wade is the number #1 option for his team, Shaq WAS in L.A. I know that. Wade and Kobe couldn't had won without Shaq but he wasn't the number one guy when Heat won the finals. YOU WANNA START A FAN VOTE TO SEE WHO IS THE NUMBER GUY FOR THE HEAT. I DON'T THINK SO. YOU'LL LOOSE.

Wade is number one

that doesn't change the fact that Shaq is 300 pounds and when close to the rim you still have to double him or its an automatic 2pts.
Shaq still damn near 60percent from the field. You can't double Wade when Shaqs on the floor. You'd be an absolute fool if you did. So yeah Wade is the number one option, but thats also because he's a ball handler and a Guard. Shaq's not walking the ball down court and setting up the offense.
Everyone knows when Shaq's on the floor the ball goes into Shaq and when the double team comes he kicks it back out to Wade or whoever for an easy 2pts.
Here's a better Point
Didn't Shaq single handedly get Miami into the playoffs by himself last yr!
While Wade had the shoulder injury and sat out till the playoffs. Wasn't Shaq the Runner up in the MVP voting the yr they won the championship. Wade's great but that team ain't sht without the Diesel!
As long as Shaq plays they're going to compete every yr. When he retires they're gonna rebuild, Why cause thats not Wade's team. Those pieces are built around Shaq.
Same goes for Dirk thats Dirk team they'd suck without Dirk. They're a championship team with him and a Lottery team without him and that in the Western Conference. Take Shaq off Miami, even with Wade they'd be lucky to be an Eight seed.

elz
08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Steve Nash
Nick Van Excel
Mike Finley
A. Jamison
A. Walker
Josh Howard
M.Daniel

Dirk has had talent around him...he just cant get it done

I agree
I admit he's soft

but until a team is built around Wade
I don't see how you can put Wade over Dirk
as soft as Dirk is
can you imagine if you put Shaq on his team
thats my point
No one on that list comes close to how much of a offensive and defensive nightmare Shaq is.
If you put Dirk next to Shaq or Tracy or Garnett or any quality Allstar player in the league. They're winning a championship. Shaq is still that much of a problem. he's well over 300 pounds. No one can stop him when he close to the basket no matter how old he is. Until his legs break down teams will always have to double team Shaq. So your never gonna be able to double team Wade. Your never gonna be able to game plan for him. Dirk gets doubled and game planned against. Its not a fair comparision until Wade has his own team

IGOTGAME
08-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I agree
I admit he's soft

but until a team is built around Wade
I don't see how you can put Wade over Dirk
as soft as Dirk is
can you imagine if you put Shaq on his teamthats my point
No one on that list comes close to how much of a offensive and defensive nightmare Shaq is.
If you put Dirk next to Shaq or Tracy or Garnett or any quality Allstar player in the league. They're winning a championship. Shaq is still that much of a problem. he's well over 300 pounds. No one can stop him when he close to the basket no matter how old he is. Until his legs break down teams will always have to double team Shaq. So your never gonna be able to double team Wade. Your never gonna be able to game plan for him. Dirk gets doubled and game planned against. Its not a fair comparision until Wade has his own team

Shaq needs a closer on his team...Dirk already said he chokes

"I think everybody who says they don't get tense, they're lying,"

guess what Wade doesnt tense up...wait I think he already knew that

It might not be Dirk's team then

wade on dirks leadership

he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be."

elz
08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Shaq needs a closer on his team...Dirk already said he chokes

guess what Wade doesnt tense up...wait I think he already knew that

It might not be Dirk's team then

wade on dirks leadership

So Dirk can't hit a game winner
he's never hit a game winner
cause that makes him a closer
Dirk hasn't closed out a series or two
guess he's incapable of being a closer
and we can argue how much pressure wade is feeling when he has Shaq as a safety net
Doubt Dirk would feel as much pressure if he had Shaq as a safety net
didn't they beat Pheonix that yr to get to the finals
Yep he can't close

I like Wade but until its his team
he's not over Dirk

hwliuLAP
08-09-2007, 04:41 PM
IF the Heat wins another ship this year
then Wade is better than Dirk as a fact
before that, it is always arguable

how?
Wade is to Shaq
as
Parker is to Duncan

just because both Wade and Parker got the final MVP
doesn't make them the biggest impact player on the team

we'll see how far a healthy Wade
can lead a now really old and injured Shaq

probably not far

But Dirk did take his team to the finals OVER the Spurs

IGOTGAME
08-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Dirk showed signs of being an elite closer before Shaq got there in his first playoff series...He freakin owned Dirk in the playoffs...

Dirk wouldnt win a championship playing with Shaq... You honestly think Dirk could have taken over like Wade did that series..That is one of the greatest performances in Finals history...

Wade takes his anger out on the court...this is how dirk takes out his anger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysAH1c8nMrA

this is what Wade does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtuWXM2xc4

In that series shaq ave 13 and 10 and was being single coverd by Dampier and Diop and had trouble with their big bodies for a little bit..They double sometimes but that is no where near the Shaq that won the MVP...

Every1 has teammates that stepup and play well, i just dont get why people fault him for playing with Shaq...He averaged 35 a game, and was doubled but it didnt work because they keep fouling wade because he is too quick..

elz
08-09-2007, 05:01 PM
your entitled to your opinion

its obvious that Dirk could win a championship with Shaq
and more Obvious Shaq can win one with any player
and secondly with Shaq Dirk might not have to come back and win 4 games straight! your giving Wade all the credit is the real problem

Im out quitting time peace

InfiniteBaskets
08-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Wade is number one

that doesn't change the fact that Shaq is 300 pounds and when close to the rim you still have to double him or its an automatic 2pts.
Shaq still damn near 60percent from the field. You can't double Wade when Shaqs on the floor. You'd be an absolute fool if you did. So yeah Wade is the number one option, but thats also because he's a ball handler and a Guard. Shaq's not walking the ball down court and setting up the offense.
Everyone knows when Shaq's on the floor the ball goes into Shaq and when the double team comes he kicks it back out to Wade or whoever for an easy 2pts.
Here's a better Point
Didn't Shaq single handedly get Miami into the playoffs by himself last yr!
While Wade had the shoulder injury and sat out till the playoffs. Wasn't Shaq the Runner up in the MVP voting the yr they won the championship. Wade's great but that team ain't sht without the Diesel!
As long as Shaq plays they're going to compete every yr. When he retires they're gonna rebuild, Why cause thats not Wade's team. Those pieces are built around Shaq.
Same goes for Dirk thats Dirk team they'd suck without Dirk. They're a championship team with him and a Lottery team without him and that in the Western Conference. Take Shaq off Miami, even with Wade they'd be lucky to be an Eight seed.

Without Shaq a rookie-year Wade lead Heat to be a fourth seed and hit the game-winner in game 7 against Baron Davis and the Hornets of back then. Why do people keep forgetting?

Jasper
08-09-2007, 06:19 PM

It's amazing people forget that 2 seasons in a row Dirk was considered a superstar and leader of his team.... no excuses folks , he choked .
Coach knows it.
Team Knows it.
Media knows it.
League knows it.
Hell even Stern knows it.
And ahhhh Dirk knows it.
But the loyal Dirk fans DON'T..... two rolls to you :roll: :roll:

Hawker
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
What's sort of funny about people saying Wade was the #1 option is when Miami was down 2-0 and even BEFORE the series started Pat Riley was stating OVER AND OVER again, "We need to get shaq more touches, we need to get shaq more touches." That right there indicates that shaq was the #1 option going into the game.

-primetime-
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
It's amazing people forget that 2 seasons in a row Dirk was considered a superstar and leader of his team.... no excuses folks , he choked .
Coach knows it.
Team Knows it.
Media knows it.
League knows it.
Hell even Stern knows it.
And ahhhh Dirk knows it.
But the loyal Dirk fans DON'T..... two rolls to you :roll: :roll:
I have stated plenty of times that I am fully aware that Dirk had an awful series...

the coach and team also know that they are just as much to blame as Dirk is...he needs them just like Wade needs Shaq

that series alone is not enough to make him worse than a free-throw shooting, injury prone team mate of Shaq's...

Dirk is a more valueble player than Wade is...PERIOD

Richie2k6
08-09-2007, 08:03 PM
the coach and team also know that they are just as much to blame as Dirk is...he needs them just like Wade needs Shaq
You can say they were to blame, but not as much as Dirk.

that series alone is not enough to make him worse than a free-throw shooting, injury prone team mate of Shaq's...
The series alone didn't make him worse than Wade, Wade was better even prior to that. (Prior to his shoulder injury obviously.)

Dirk is a more valueble player than Wade is...PERIOD
Well Dirk is what, 29? Wade is, what, 24 or 25? In the words of your famous analogy, slighty altered, more GMs would take Wade over Dirk right now simply because of what Wade has proven he can do, and age. Game 7 of the NBA Finals, give me Wade in a heartbeat. Building a franchise, give me Wade in a heartbeat.

-primetime-
08-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Well Dirk is what, 29? Wade is, what, 24 or 25? In the words of your famous analogy, slighty altered, more GMs would take Wade over Dirk right now simply because of what Wade has proven he can do, and age. Game 7 of the NBA Finals, give me Wade in a heartbeat. Building a franchise, give me Wade in a heartbeat.
this is true...

Dirk is 30

Wade is young

GMs would take Wade over Dirk

I ment more like Dirk is more valueble right now....

Shaq can win games without Wade

basketballer4
08-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Dirk is 30

-primetime-
08-09-2007, 10:28 PM
lol....**** you

FKAri
03-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Old thread but ppl in here talkin bout how Wade's a better shooter than Dirk. lol

I was actually gonna make a thread like this but I found this so figured I'd bump it.

JohnFreeman
03-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Wadee

retaxis
03-03-2014, 06:00 AM
Old thread but ppl in here talkin bout how Wade's a better shooter than Dirk. lol

I was actually gonna make a thread like this but I found this so figured I'd bump it.
Of course Wade is a better shooter. Just look at their career mid range %