PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne is the best in the game

Day La Ghetto
08-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Mixtapes and collabs with everyone and anyone. Kills most of them. Bow down.

Randy
08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/Image/pah/evvtor/Degonia%20Springs%20house2.jpg

Phar
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Mixtapes and collabs with everyone and anyone. Kills most of them. Bow down.

I Really hope you're kidding...

Hurlyburly
08-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Maybe the best in the game for the gutter rap/trash fans like Day La Ghetto.

Can't understand a single word this ignorant moron says. If I saw this piece of trash in the street I'd step on him. He's what's wrong with rap.

Day La Ghetto
08-11-2007, 06:21 PM

Can't understand a single word this ignorant moron says. If I saw this piece of trash in the street I'd step on him. He's what's wrong with rap.

Call me ignorant :oldlol: try listening to his music besides his singles bonehead.

L.Kizzle
08-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Michael Colyar is the man!

HollaBolla
08-11-2007, 07:03 PM

why are u dissing rap artist?, if ur not into that kind of music its fine but pls dont diss them.

Hurlyburly
08-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm into that kind of music. Look at my avatar, it's the cover of probably one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time.

You probably don't know what it is though, cause you only listen to ****ty rap.

Top_Of_Tha_World
08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Not close.

bomber
08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Artist of the Year

1a.Akon
1b. Lil wayne

But best in the game?

Eminem Jay-z and Nas are clearly still better than him.

FashionIssues
08-11-2007, 08:06 PM
jay-z biter but still can't get it down.

rhymes consist of meaningless random words. the body of his lyrics are all over the place. delivery wise, pretends to have good wordplay but really it's just good charisma.

t.i. is better if you like that stuff

geeWiz15
08-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Lil Wayne makes me laugh alot. Combination of his anything-goes free association content-less lyrics and his voice. Guy can really wrap himself around absolutely any beat, any type of song, with any other artist and make it his own.

He is not, however, the best rapper in the "game." How is rap a game anyway? Who came up with this term?

Also, I hate his albums. I can't stomach that much of him, a whole hour straight. Each album's got about 4 songs worth keeping. His collabos are what make him one of my favs. Granted most of my appreciation of Wayne is riddled with irony. I don't actually think his music's "good" good.

FashionIssues
08-11-2007, 08:40 PM
supergroup...

wayne should go back to his old flow

http://youtube.com/watch?v=06RGBPPC8-Y

"#1 rapper dippin lo lo
in a compressor, sippin mo' mo' "

Day La Ghetto
08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Lil Wayne makes me laugh alot. Combination of his anything-goes free association content-less lyrics and his voice. Guy can really wrap himself around absolutely any beat, any type of song, with any other artist and make it his own.

He is not, however, the best rapper in the "game." How is rap a game anyway? Who came up with this term?

Also, I hate his albums. I can't stomach that much of him, a whole hour straight. Each album's got about 4 songs worth keeping. His collabos are what make him one of my favs. Granted most of my appreciation of Wayne is riddled with irony. I don't actually think his music's "good" good.

There ya go, I like what you said. i agree totally. His not the best in the game ever, but he's having the best year. Although it really hasn't been raps best year.

I love how all these guys in here think he's another Yung joc or 50 cent. He's not. Listen to his songs, not his singles.

Put Back Dunk
08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Wayne is fake:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jHffFMmwndU

Gillie wrote for Baby too, mentions it about a minute in:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c9YS98TtGIc

"you kiss stunna in his mouth"...

http://www.hiddensecretlevel.com/hidden/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/WindowsLiveWriter/DontBeFake_12659/LilWayneKissingBaby%5B1%5D.jpg

RobertSwift31
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
He is good when he tries to be, but most the time he raps about useless ****. That's why I can't wait to hear his feature on Little Brother's new CD out in September. I know he will come focused working with them.

As far as best in the game now go, I would say Jay, Lupe, Andre 3000, Eminem (Talent Wise), Common (Maybe), and I like Budden Too.

ndPac
08-12-2007, 06:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvkaBKE9R4

Ummm. . . You obviously don't listen to anything but radio songs. . Lil Wayne is currently putting out the best mixtapes songs, flows, etc. right now by far. . Him and Game are the best out right now. . Like someone else posted he can flow to any beat, and can pretty much make a song about any subject matter and it will be good.

DieHardBullsFan
08-12-2007, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvkaBKE9R4

Ummm. . . You obviously don't listen to anything but radio songs. . Lil Wayne is currently putting out the best mixtapes songs, flows, etc. right now by far. . Him and Game are the best out right now. . Like someone else posted he can flow to any beat, and can pretty much make a song about any subject matter and it will be good.

right now I agree with you, hes gotten better by ever album hes released...if you would of said this 5 years ago I would of laughed at you....

but seriously is saying hes the best rapper right now is not saying much...because there are not a lot of good ones out there...all of them are too commercial and talk about the same stuff.

what happened with eminem and I would pick Nas over Lil Wayne any day.

monthh
08-12-2007, 11:45 PM
I think Common proved he is the best in the game right now. 10+ years putting out great albums, and now he has had the best album of 2005 and maybe 2007. Plus his album goes #1. The only album that I think might pass him is the new Talib Kweli, but I think that would be tough.

I do think if Eardrum is good though, Talib could have 2 of the top 5 albums of the year and be the rapper of the year.

And I don't understand why Nas said hip hop is dead. The Roots album from late last year was awsome, then the Talib and Madlib album was good, and now Common puts out another great album, Talib, Little Brother, Chamillionare, Lupe, Joe Budden, Raekwon, and Kanye are coming. This should be a good year for hip hop to me. Plus I think the Carter 3 is coming out. Eminem and Dr. Dre both have potential albums coming out at some point late this year/early next year. The new UGK album is supposed to be good as well.

DieHardBullsFan
08-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I think Common proved he is the best in the game right now. 10+ years putting out great albums, and now he has had the best album of 2005 and maybe 2007. Plus his album goes #1. The only album that I think might pass him is the new Talib Kweli, but I think that would be tough.

I do think if Eardrum is good though, Talib could have 2 of the top 5 albums of the year and be the rapper of the year.

And I don't understand why Nas said hip hop is dead. The Roots album from late last year was awsome, then the Talib and Madlib album was good, and now Common puts out another great album, Talib, Little Brother, Chamillionare, Lupe, Joe Budden, Raekwon, and Kanye are coming. This should be a good year for hip hop to me. Plus I think the Carter 3 is coming out. Eminem and Dr. Dre both have potential albums coming out at some point late this year/early next year. The new UGK album is supposed to be good as well.

I agree Lupe is awesome!! wasnt Dr. Dre going to release "D-Tox" (I think thats how you spell it:confusedshrug: Im off my spelling A game tonight) cuz he was talking about dropping that for a couple of years.....

I think "Tha Carter 3" is already out.....

Day La Ghetto
08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Common is good but never really has the right beats that mesh with his lyrics for me or get me going.

Phar
08-13-2007, 12:11 AM

I think he said that because, as a whole, Hip-Hop was kinda failing. With the stupid-ass "snap music", to music that didn't make any sense, and "beats over lyrics". The people you listed are really good for the "game", but people like 50 cent,T- Pain, DJ UNK, ect.. are messing everything up. A lot of artists have become too commercial, and appealing only to pop music lovers :banghead:. Common's album (in my book) is the only good one of 2007 so far.

Beyond that, R&B is REALLY hurting right now, more than any other. People like Neyo, Chris Brown, Beyonce, Ciara, and R. Kelly are really making the genre fall apart. That genre has gone TOO commercial. There are only a handful of active singers that are any good. (Tank, Kem*barely*,Joe, and even Robin Thicke).

Anyway, Record labels are the ones to blame. They promote useless crap, that they think will sell. They also won't sign new acts because they aren't part of a "trend". Beyond the perople you posted (which are quality artists BTW) the hip-hop industry needs to set their clocks back to the early 2000's, and look at what made tons of money for them, then.

FashionIssues
08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
then scratch all common tracks in this decade and just listen to one track:
"i used to love h.e.r."
whatever your rap style preference is, if you don't feel this, hang it up

ndPac
08-13-2007, 02:30 AM
right now I agree with you, hes gotten better by ever album hes released...if you would of said this 5 years ago I would of laughed at you....

but seriously is saying hes the best rapper right now is not saying much...because there are not a lot of good ones out there...all of them are too commercial and talk about the same stuff.

Yea. I had lil waynes block is hot and after that i hated all that cash money stuff for a long time. . never started listening to him again until The Carter, and since then hes like a brand new artist to me. . i dont know what it is but everything he puts out is just been crazy lately. .
Ya, I used to live Nas, but I didnt like his last album too much. . everytihng from illmatic to gods son is great though. . dont really like that he signed with def jam. that let there be light song off there was my favorite probably. .

and like Farr said, yea i was thinking that same thing there really isnt any real r&b anymore. . nothing even close to the new edition, k-ci & jojo, boyz II men, babyface, etc. sound. . now everythings like singing over rap and dance beats. .

When Nas said "hip hop is dead" he meant cuz yea theres no originality anymore and its alota the same snap music. . and companies like interscope are the powerhouse so majority of the people will only hear what they are paying people to advertize. . good to see another joe budden fan, hes one of the deepest and underated out. . check out this Budden track its one of my favs by him called "Whatever It Takes" for some reason it wasnt on youtube only a live version so whoever hasnt heard it should download it and check it. its off of clinton sparks cd, might be alittle hard to find but worth it. . . heres antoher good one:

"Unforgiven"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxLOZjx6z7A

oh and check this one "when thugs cry" was my favorite song by him its kinda old off a mixtape before his 1st album:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U2c7zhQgkTY

Sagat
08-13-2007, 10:29 AM
I listen to all levels of hip-hop, and have been for almost 20 years. Anything from Cadence Weapon... to Jedi Mind Tricks... to Fat Joe... to Nelly. You name it, I've probably heard it.

Right now... Lil Wayne is the best in the game. Backpackers keep downplaying his talent. People need to wake up. His CMR counterparts are garbage, but Lil Wizzy is the future.

I'm getting tired of people saying Fat Joe is trash too. Fat Joe is probably the most underrated artist out there. Check the classic video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcXtidj3wGQ

funkylikemonkey
08-13-2007, 10:39 AM
"I feel like dying" is so out there, but I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sV4G-kVHZA

"Play basketball with the moon, got the whole world at my feet."
"Mingle with the stars, throw a party on mars."

ndPac
08-13-2007, 08:00 PM
I listen to all levels of hip-hop, and have been for almost 20 years. Anything from Cadence Weapon... to Jedi Mind Tricks... to Fat Joe... to Nelly. You name it, I've probably heard it.

Right now... Lil Wayne is the best in the game. Backpackers keep downplaying his talent. People need to wake up. His CMR counterparts are garbage, but Lil Wizzy is the future.

I'm getting tired of people saying Fat Joe is trash too. Fat Joe is probably the most underrated artist out there. Check the classic video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcXtidj3wGQ

Yea im the same, I listen to just about every kind there is and everybody, dont like it all but am framiliar with most of it. . For some reason ive never really like Fat Joe at all though

Fat Joe's "Live My Fifestyle" Remix feat Jadakiss was sick though, i love Jadas verse in it and the beat too. . tried to find a youtube of it but it wasnt on there.

Rocketz_Foreva
08-13-2007, 10:17 PM
I am the next weezy baby.

please say da baby.

IBLEEDGREEN43
08-13-2007, 10:19 PM

lil wayne absolutily kills everything he spits over.. literally.. and he isnt an album rapper at all, he is a mixtape legend.. best rapper alive, dedication 1 and 2, drought 3, like father like son mixtape, the prefix, suffix, they are all insane mixtapes..

wayne kills it.. every time..

IBLEEDGREEN43
08-13-2007, 10:20 PM

lil wayne absolutily kills everything he spits over.. literally.. and he isnt an album rapper at all, he is a mixtape legend.. best rapper alive, dedication 1 and 2, drought 3, like father like son mixtape, the prefix, suffix, they are all insane mixtapes..

ndPac
08-13-2007, 11:09 PM

Exactly. . I think when Carter 3 comes out it will be his best real album yet. . But yea, hes definently the best there is in the mixtape game right now. out of every cd and/or mixtape of the last 5 years if i could only have two ide have Weezy - Dedicaiton 2 and Weezy - Da Drought 3. never get tired of listening to those theyre playing in my car daily.

qwerty
08-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Exactly. . I think when Carter 3 comes out it will be his best real album yet. . But yea, hes definently the best there is in the mixtape game right now. out of every cd and/or mixtape of the last 5 years if i could only have two ide have Weezy - Dedicaiton 2 and Weezy - Da Drought 3. never get tired of listening to those theyre playing in my car daily.

i guess you've never heard of mood muzik...

monthh
08-14-2007, 01:18 AM
I don't care much for mixtapes, so maybe that is why I am missing out on him or something. To me he has some hot lines, hot verses, and hot songs, but when you put out a thousand verses a year, 20 of them are hot by default. Give me MF Doom if you are going with quantity. If you are just talking about "hot" lines and stuff give me T.I. If you are going with "quality" music give me Common.

I guess I just like rappers who put out quality over quantity. Give me a Brother Ali or KO-S album every 5 years over a Lil' Wayne mixtape every 5 months. I do like Lil' Wayne, but I don't live on the new stuff and that is why he really hasn't ever been in my current top 10 favorites except for when Tha Carter came out. I live on the stuff that is new to me. The only new stuff I listen to are by artists that I really like.

Chrono90
08-14-2007, 01:28 AM
jay z

RobertSwift31
08-14-2007, 04:44 AM
Finally seeing some other Joe Budden Fans

ndPac
08-14-2007, 10:41 AM
i guess you've never heard of mood muzik...

Of cousre i have. . Mood Muzik 2 is real good. . right now ide still take those two waynes over it though. . .Ive got like every Budden song hes got out, too bad they wont seem to release his 2nd album., I think his 1st was very under rated. . Too bad Pump It Up kind of put him in the mainstream rap category, when hes almost the complete opposite . .

He hasnt really put anything new out in awihle too he needs another mixtape at least. . But right now no one is coming close to Weezy witt consistancy and new material.

SCREWstonRockets
08-14-2007, 10:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAH. Damn, you know rap is in a bad state when you got mothafukas saying he's the best in the game. How can you be the best in the game when he has yet to drop a album with classic status? Mixtapes and features don't make you the best in the game. Lyrically, i think he's very overrated. He has some good lines but most of them are very very corny. There is more to rap than a good punchline.

"I can say don't rhyme, and it's gon' rhyme" :banghead:

Sagat
08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
If this was any year prior to say... 1999 - there's no way Lil Wayne of today would be considered "the best in the game today" ... but with the current state of hip-hop, especially mainstream hip-hop, pretty safe to say Lil Wayne is right at the top of the list.

Rasheed1
08-14-2007, 12:20 PM
wayne is the best of the worst hip hop has to offer right now..

ndPac
08-14-2007, 12:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAH. Damn, you know rap is in a bad state when you got mothafukas saying he's the best in the game. How can you be the best in the game when he has yet to drop a album with classic status? Mixtapes and features don't make you the best in the game. Lyrically, i think he's very overrated. He has some good lines but most of them are very very corny. There is more to rap than a good punchline.

"I can say don't rhyme, and it's gon' rhyme" :banghead:

Yea i know what youre saying. . I hate punchline rap like lloyd banks where thats all they do. . I kinda view Wayne different though, like hes not pure punchilines and some of his arent that good but lately hes been comin up with some real creative stuff. . and like its more about his flow, punchlines, wordplay all together why i like him over anyone else right now, and he covers all the issues, he donest always have to do punchline stuff. . and thats why i said "best in the mixtape game" . . i dont even really like real albums that much anyways tho, alot of that stuff has to get approved by publlishing and companies and stuff and they dont always get to put the best stuff out, or the stuff they really intended to. . .Best album of last year was Doctors Advocate in my oppinion, but alot of people didnt like it and it didnt sell well. . I love westcoast music the best though so i might be biasd. .

"Got that sub-zero flow, how u want me ma/ n**** get over here like Scorpion/ And when it comes down to this recordin, I must be Lebron James if hes Jordan/ No, I want range from my performance, Im more Kobe Bryant of an artist"
- it dont sound that good in print but when he raps it it all rhymes and fits perfect. . its not that great of a line but i like the creativity and the way it sounds, hes kinda got his own style right now that no one else is doing.

oh and. . .

"U aint heard the latest?/ Weezy F the greatest, battle anybody n**** f.u.c.k. who in your favorites/ I dont really want to, but these n***** makin me/ puta mutha****a on ice like the Maple Leaves/ thats a hockey team, and i aint on no hockey team/ but im a champion, wheres the fu.ck.in Rocky theme? / Damn.. rest in peace Apollo Creed/ Ima monster, every day is Halloween/ Big balls, and they jingle like alota keys/ Even deaf bit.ches say hi to me, she tell a blind bi.tch and she say 'i gotta see' " . . .. :eek: . . .I dont know why but thats prob my favorie verse off Drought 3. . Just the way he flows it all and puts it together it sounds so dope. .

and as for something without punchlines im sure youver heard Georgia Bush.. Thats a song with meaning and i think its just as tight as his punchline stuff with no meaning. . thats why i say hes currently making the best stuff right now, cuz either way whatever hes doing a song about its coming out good. . as oppose to the Piles, t-pain, shop boyz, and all the other shi.t thats being released nowadays. .
here it is if you havent heard it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=giJt4IBLBhc

elz
08-14-2007, 12:35 PM
I like Lil Wayne but he's overrated as hell

Carter 3 might be a classic
I hope

but Lil Wayne fans are worse than Jay-Z fans in his prime
yall act like he's god of Rap and exaggerate how good he is.