PDA

View Full Version : why do little leaguers suck now?

baseketball4life
08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
What happened to those days when there would be one pitcher who threw high 70s? that translates to over 100 mph from MLB mound.

i remember there always was one guy who threw very very hard and struck out everyone...

danny almonte
some dude from florida in 04? or 05?
some dude from kentucky in 04? when they beat japan... had a good SS and a big pitcher who homered in the title game

the kids playing today are terrible throw low to mid 60s... kids look much smaller too...

is this just an illusion caused by danny almonte?

Put Back Dunk
08-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Danny Almonte was like 45 years old, and there was some tall goofy kid yesterday that was pitching over 70 but he's probably lying about his age too.

Wasn't there a friggin 6'4 kid last year? Unreal.

baseketball4life
08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Danny Almonte was like 45 years old, and there was some tall goofy kid yesterday that was pitching over 70 but he's probably lying about his age too.

Wasn't there a friggin 6'4 kid last year? Unreal.
yea lol 6'4 and supposed to be 11 or 12 LOL my ass

White Chocolate
08-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Fundamentals are not being taught these days. Think about it. Back in the 60s and 70s, you had Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson and Nolan Ryan as role models. In the 90s and 00s, you have Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, etc.

Last year's Saudi Arabian team had a 6'8" kid. My dad was about 6'2" at 12, so it is possible to be that tall at a young age.

RandomBalla55
08-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah. I felt REALLY bad for that kid.

He got so much natl coverage. Dude just wanted to play baseball. Let him play, ****. Instead he was ridiculed and looked like a fool at times because his strike zone was so damn big. Think his name was Aaron Dursley or whatever.

And yes, the fundamentals are no longer there in baseball. And also, for better or for worse, I think it's good that the pitching speed is lower. Do you really want kids (and yes, they're kids) to be throwing ridiculous speeds and hurting themselves before they can even get to High School? Hopefully they stop kids pitching curveballs and stuff too. Stuff is gonna blow your arm out when your 11.

Some kids though are just really good. Amazes me at how good they are at 11-12.

The kid last year from Georgia was legit though. Kyle Carter or something. Dude pitched like 70 mph constantly but damn he could swing too. I'm glad most of the kids are dual threats. Dunno how they beat Japan, tho. Japan and Curacao though, are always imho the favorites.

baseketball4life
08-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah. I felt REALLY bad for that kid.

He got so much natl coverage. Dude just wanted to play baseball. Let him play, ****. Instead he was ridiculed and looked like a fool at times because his strike zone was so damn big. Think his name was Aaron Dursley or whatever.

And yes, the fundamentals are no longer there in baseball. And also, for better or for worse, I think it's good that the pitching speed is lower. Do you really want kids (and yes, they're kids) to be throwing ridiculous speeds and hurting themselves before they can even get to High School? Hopefully they stop kids pitching curveballs and stuff too. Stuff is gonna blow your arm out when your 11.

Some kids though are just really good. Amazes me at how good they are at 11-12.

The kid last year from Georgia was legit though. Kyle Carter or something. Dude pitched like 70 mph constantly but damn he could swing too. I'm glad most of the kids are dual threats. Dunno how they beat Japan, tho. Japan and Curacao though, are always imho the favorites.
mike broad in 03'

and

aaron alvey in 02'

i think the 02' kentucky team was the best team ever... i dont think they gave up a run the whole series and they one hit japan in the finals... it wasnt fair they had alvey and one other kid who also threw the ball in the high 70s

Timmeh
08-12-2007, 12:54 PM
They don't take steroids anymore.

Lebron23
02-21-2014, 07:15 AM
I still remember Danny Almonte. He was literally Man among Boys. It really ruined his reputation, and he didn't get drafted in the MLB Draft.

ICONIC
02-21-2014, 07:21 AM
I still remember Danny Almonte. He was literally Man among Boys. It really ruined his reputation, and he didn't get drafted in the MLB Draft.
:roll:

embersyc
02-21-2014, 08:14 AM
At young ages they don't even keep score anymore.

:wtf:

DukeDelonte13
02-21-2014, 10:10 AM
I feel like when i was playing little league baseball every single kid that pitched claimed he could throw over 70 mph :oldlol:

"dude that's what the speedometer said at the fair"