Mboglee
08-16-2007, 05:13 PM
any ideas???????:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Wo1fshadow
08-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Doubt it.

simasu01
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
nobody anytime soon. why does everyone talk about filipinos here?

Mboglee
08-17-2007, 01:19 PM
nobody anytime soon. why does everyone talk about filipinos here?

its the international forum.....so why not??

simasu01
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
i know it is but people have such high expectations for them. did they even play in the asian games?

ErhnamDjinn
08-17-2007, 06:29 PM
i know it is but people have such high expectations for them. did they even play in the asian games?
we were banned from fiba numbnuts, but my expectations arent too high also, but i do hope someday we can atleast be 2nd in Asia

simasu01
08-17-2007, 08:09 PM
someday possibly

magic chiongson
08-18-2007, 02:03 PM
well the philippines was the best in asia from the early to the mid 20th century, and has been consistently among the top 5 ever since.

as for that question, the guy prolly aint born yet. i'm guessing he'll come from a division 1 school, not via playing in the philippines

snipes12
08-24-2007, 08:18 AM
ahhh ...

HoopNightmare
08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Japeth Aguilar

snipes12
08-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Japeth Aguilar

NBA? national bowling association
replacing paeng nepomuceno (greatest bowling player in the world)

common men .. isnt bowling , boxing and billiards are enough for us ?

we still have
Efren reyes = goat of billiards
Paeng nepumoceno = goat of bowling
Manny Pacquiao = goat in the making in the lower weight division

HoopNightmare
08-26-2007, 09:56 AM
NBA? national bowling association
replacing paeng nepomuceno (greatest bowling player in the world)

common men .. isnt bowling , boxing and billiards are enough for us ?

we still have
Efren reyes = goat of billiards
Paeng nepumoceno = goat of bowling
Manny Pacquiao = goat in the making in the lower weight division

He has the best chance. He is 6'9 atheletic and long. That's what NBA scouts look for. If he can developes into a small forward type at WKU, has a great couple of years statistically, performs well in the NCAA tourney, has good NBA workouts and does well in the NBA predraft camp. NBA is not just about talent it's about marketing. If he gets a great agent that can sell him! He'll have a legitmate chance of getting drafted. Put it this way... I've seen worse in the NBA.

Lebron23
08-26-2007, 05:03 PM
He has the best chance. He is 6'9 atheletic and long. That's what NBA scouts look for. If he can developes into a small forward type at WKU, has a great couple of years statistically, performs well in the NCAA tourney, has good NBA workouts and does well in the NBA predraft camp. NBA is not just about talent it's about marketing. If he gets a great agent that can sell him! He'll have a legitmate chance of getting drafted. Put it this way... I've seen worse in the NBA.

Japeth's father, Peter Aguilar whose 6-4 3/4 and a member of RP Team during Ron Jacobs' time, had a decent jumpshot from 15 to 18 feet with good shot selection and accuracy, interestingly a future profile for a Filpino forward at that time. Based on Japhet's games at Ateneo, he's limited to playing in the paint with his shotblocking prowess, exactly the opposite of his father's. I don't know if he has developed that perimeter offense though. I also tend to believe that his 6-9 height as advertised is more like 6-7 in actual measurement. Still, he has the tools and time to develop into the player we envisioned him to be.

Lets hope for Japeth's success as well as RP's future.

By the way Japeth Aguilar has only 2 years left in his playing years with Western Kentucky University and by the time 2009 arrive. He will no longer have any contractual obligation to play for his school which means that he can finally train with the RP Team for a longer period of time.

trig
08-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Jimmy Alapag is good enough for NBDL imo

Our biggest chance of producing an nba player might be in the pg position as we are severely undersized on other positions. Until now, only filams are playing on their right positions. Kelly Williams and young Danny Seigle are some examples. Arwind Santos might be the closest pure pinoy, he's around 6'6 and can play some sf.

Unless we start producing players that plays the right position, we wont have any nba players anytime soon

pg 6'0-6'4
sg 6'4 -6'7
sf 6'7-6'9
pf 6'9 6'11
C 6'10 7'6

Lebron23
04-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Filipino-American who made it in the NBA

1. Raymond "Ray" Townsend- was drafted as the 22nd overall pick by the Golden State Warriors in the 1978 NBA Draft.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=TownsRa01

3 Seasons NBA Stats:

4.8 PPG, 1.4 APG, 1.0 RPG in 154 games

He was a 6'3", 175 lb. guard.

Townsend played college basketball at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and was selected with the last pick in the first round (22nd overall) of the 1978 NBA Draft by the Golden State Warriors. He concluded his NBA career in 1982 as a member of the Indiana Pacers.

Townsend's mother is from the Philippines and his father is American.

2. Ricardo Brown- 1985 PBA Most Valuable Player of the Year, was originally drafted by the Houston Rockets in the 1979 NBA Draft.

Picked No. 59 overall in the 1979 NBA Draft by the Houston Rockets. Never played an NBA game but became one of the best Guard in the Philippine Basketball Association

http://www.armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Category:1979_NBA_Draft_Picks

Firsts Filipino-American Coach in the NBA

Erik Spoelstra- Soon to be headcoach of the Miami Heat

http://www.gmanews.tv/webpics/articles/spoelstra1.jpg

iapsports
04-29-2008, 12:17 AM
July 18th-21st Iap sports is holding Canada's first 5 star basketball International recruitment camp/tournament..... there will be 36 teams, each team will have 10 players and each team will have a coach from a university or college from both the US and or Canada.

The event is held to get everybody noticed and everybody seen... We have organized it so it gives you a college feel. That means there will be chances you wont know anybody on your team an thats exactly how its gonna be when you sign d1, d2 or go to another juco.

All your games will be taped by us an you have the option of asking us to make a highlight tape to put on your profile, which will be located on our site. (www.iapsports.com) All games will be put on our IAP sports TV web-site so you can build your own fan base an grab the attention you deserve.

You'll already be getting noticed from the coaches that are coaching you or coaching against you, or even the coaches that are just gonna be there to watch you play.

There will be 2 Canadian based live television programs there in Global TV(The Score), and Rogers which will be there for sure.

In regards to the material things, you will be getting 2 uniforms or possible reverse able uniforms. You will be given a number that will label you an direct coaches to the player they want to see.

Your guaranteed 6 games in your division and than playoffs. Its a 32 team playoff which means 16 games on each playoff bracket. Its one game knock-out so make sure you come hard.

This will all be held at the Hoop Dome, the all-star game, three point and dunk contest will be at York and or Ryerson University..... and the championship game will be at the ACC. ( Yes the home of the raptors )

To register is $150

This event is invitation based cause we need to promise the coaches quality athletes so that they come out here on a year in year out basis but anyone can register. People with invitations are just guaranteed to participate.

* To people who do not live in Canada speak with me and we'll arange transportation cost and hotel fee's an the best possible rate. We will also be sponsoring athletes as well to make life easier on athletes. As of right now your only focus will have to be your transportation out here (i.e. plane ticket or greyhound ticket, and your registration fee. Food, transportation and hotels we have covered.)

** I will also like to announce that this event will be turned into a television series with 4 selected atheletes. This means that if you are chosen you will have a camera on you at all time watching you every move an action to broadcast your experience. Deadline to register is May 21st and registers is filling up Extremely so contact me ASAP

President of IAP sports,

Contact Information are as follows;
Email: kwilliams@zalpro.com

Event site; www.iapsummerrush.com

Lebron23
11-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Jordan Clarkson aka the 2nd Filipino-American in the NBA. He's playing in the NCAA Division I school. He's eligible to play for the Philippines National Team because he already acquired a Philippine Passport before he turns 16.

http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/JordanClarkson/1382369922.jpg

veilside23
11-29-2013, 03:54 AM
what are his stats ? ^^

tgan3
12-02-2013, 04:44 AM
Jason Castro looks good. He is the best pg in asia. Though there are tons of talented guards in the NBA so almost zero chance.

Lebron23
12-03-2013, 03:49 AM
what are his stats ? ^^

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51323/jordan-clarkson

19.4 ppg on 53.5 FG%, 3.3 rpg, 3.4 apg and 1.1 spg.

miamiandorlando
12-03-2013, 11:04 AM
solid stats

veilside23
12-04-2013, 08:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51323/jordan-clarkson

19.4 ppg on 53.5 FG%, 3.3 rpg, 3.4 apg and 1.1 spg.

quite good.. i wonder if he can get drafter this year if ever... want to see him play :)

Twin Beadles
12-14-2013, 08:05 PM
jason brickman leading ncaa d1 in assists per game

veilside23
04-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Jordan Clarkson aka the 2nd Filipino-American in the NBA. He's playing in the NCAA Division I school. He's eligible to play for the Philippines National Team because he already acquired a Philippine Passport before he turns 16.

any chance he would play for the philippines?

his game kinda reminds me of a courtney lee

tgan3
04-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Anybody think Kobe Paras or Keifer Ravena has a chance? I mean even Japan has an ex-nba player (Yuta Tabuse) and Japan isn't a better basketball country then philippines.

veilside23
06-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Anybody think Kobe Paras or Keifer Ravena has a chance? I mean even Japan has an ex-nba player (Yuta Tabuse) and Japan isn't a better basketball country then philippines.

if anything it would be parks... kobe paras maybe kid is just 16 ... and he is studying in USa right now I believe. so if he gets a scholarship I wont mind it he is already 6'4 and may grow more .