PDA

View Full Version : NBA player's hands and feet??

andredagiant
08-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Everyone always talking about how ben wallace has small hands, shaq has big hands, etc. Does anyone actually know how big and how small nba player's hands are? I can see why it effects their game as the ability to palm the ball benefits them greatly, but what about shaq apparently his hands are "too big"? Anyway what are your opinions and if anyone could give me an idea or link to a site that tells you how big the hands are? Also feet as well, shoe size, if possible.:confusedshrug:

Dodonpa
08-20-2007, 01:13 AM
shaqs hands are too big because it covers too much surface of the basketball, and that disables an accurate shooting for free throws. It's like shooting a volleyball or something.

but then again, there's yao ming. I don't know if his hands are that big as well. so maybe it's just that shaq sucks at shooting.

blazerfan22
08-20-2007, 01:15 AM
In Portland, I received the Oregonian newspaper a month ago and an actual size of Greg Oden's hand was on the cover. He's got BIG hands!!

blazerfan22
08-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Kevin Durant has big hands too and we know how good of a shooter he is.

Force
08-20-2007, 01:21 AM
shaqs hands are too big because it covers too much surface of the basketball, and that disables an accurate shooting for free throws. It's like shooting a volleyball or something.

but then again, there's yao ming. I don't know if his hands are that big as well. so maybe it's just that shaq sucks at shooting.

No no...for Shaq, they say it's like shooting Tennis balls, not volleyballs... But that's not the only reason why he can't shoot FT's...there are people out there with big hands (maybe not Shaq big) who can shoot them..

Laker fans, remember how often Elden Campbell would lose the ball when he would go up for a dunk or lay up? Truth be told, Elden Campbell COULD NOT PALM A BASKETBALL! That's what Chick Hearn used to always say...he couldn't palm it even though he was 6'11"...pretty crazy.

L.Kizzle
08-20-2007, 01:23 AM
"You know what they say about guys with big feet?"

**Waitin' for someone who watches Fresh Prince to finish this statement**

Force
08-20-2007, 01:25 AM
If you wanna see Kareems foot, go back and watch "Game of Death", he kicks Bruce Lee in the torso and leaves a huge footprint, lol.

Dodonpa
08-20-2007, 01:26 AM
"You know what they syay about guys with big feet?"

what does that tell you about yao ming?

G-train
08-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Shaq also has limited movement in his wrists from a child hood accident, so he cant flick the ball for backspin.

I personally stand 6'6, and have size 16 feet, but my hand span is only 9 inches. I can barely palm a ball.

VCMVP1551
08-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Kwame Brown has really small hands. Jordan had very big hands especially considering he was a shooting guard.

dawsey6
08-20-2007, 03:10 AM
I remember going to the All-Star Cafe in Times Square in NYC before it closed down, and Shaq was playing for the Lakers at that time. There was a shoe in a glass case in the foyer of the restaurant that was Shaq's when he started with the Magic. It was a size 22 1/2 shoe, I believe. There was a description card on the glass that said it was still too small for him at that time. That thing was HUGE!

Lebron23
08-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Kwame Brown has really small hands. Jordan had very big hands especially considering he was a shooting guard.

I heard a rumor that Latrell Sprewell have a very small hands that is why he always went for a Double Pump Tomahawk slam when he is dunking.

VCMVP1551
08-20-2007, 03:13 AM
I heard a rumor that Latrell Sprewell have a very small hands that is why he always went for a Double Pump Tomahawk slam when he is dunking.

Very possible but he isn't that big for an NBA player anyway. He is 6'4" and kind of skinny.

Myth
08-20-2007, 03:18 AM
In Portland, I received the Oregonian newspaper a month ago and an actual size of Greg Oden's hand was on the cover. He's got BIG hands!!

OMG! I say that paper too. I also saw his hands as he signed my hat. They're like baseball gloves (the leather too).

Run&Gun=Fun
08-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Zarko Caparkapas hands were unaturally huge.... He could engulf his head with his hand.

AznBBoyX
08-20-2007, 11:12 AM
At the NBA store in NYC, they actually have molds of players hands. I was surprised by how big Chris Webber's hands were. They were seriously like fat mittens. I guess that's why he has soft hands.

ILballa
08-20-2007, 12:40 PM
At the NBA store in NYC, they actually have molds of players hands. I was surprised by how big Chris Webber's hands were. They were seriously like fat mittens. I guess that's why he has soft hands.

I've been there. The hands that those guys have are huge.

CakeorDeath
08-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I met Carlos Arroyo once and noticed that his hands were very large for a guy his size. He and I are about the same height but his hands were much bigger than mine.

bomber
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I met all the celtics last year except wally and pierce.

Telfair is about 5'10 5'11 and has average hands.

Rondo is taller but his hands are freaking ridiculous.

I couldn't notice Gerald Green's missing finger.

L.Kizzle
08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Bob Lanier has the biggest feet ever in the NBA, size 22s.

MJ23
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
"You know what they say about guys with big feet?"

**Waitin' for someone who watches Fresh Prince to finish this statement**

they have big shoes

KWALI
08-20-2007, 01:36 PM

It's not the size it's the ratio palm to finger...its better to touch the ball all fingers Shaq letsd the ball rest in his hands alot.

andredagiant
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
So no one has any idea, how big the hands are? I've seen shaq and yao's shoes, they are huge......:eek: But yao only wears 18s whereas shaq wears 22 1/2s, but they didnt seem too different in size, anyway, what about other nba players?

Da KO King
08-20-2007, 04:17 PM
In Orlando outside the NBA Restaurant (didn't actually eat there went to buy a jersey for my son; anyone know how the food is?) they had a mold of Charles Barkley's hand. Mine was the approximately the same size but his hand was a little narrower.

They had Kevin Garnett's hand out there also. Judging by the mold KG has ET-like fingers.

Samurai Swoosh
08-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Kobe Bryant has really small hands and feet for his size.

dejordan
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
an old jordan coffetable book had his hands at full size. if i recall my fingers came to the second knuckles of his (i'm 5' 10" though, so take that for what it's worth). stockton also has gigantic hands for his size (so does jerry west).

Samurai Swoosh
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Haha, I have that same book man ... I think it was called Rarefied Air or something. My fingers ended at his upper knucle by his finger tips. Oh, and I'm 5'11.

StroShow4
08-20-2007, 05:24 PM
here are some NBA player's shoe sizes i know off the top of my head.. (i collect player exclusive sneakers)

shaq: 22
stromile swift: 16
kenyon martin: 14
quentin richardson: 15
jamal crawford: 14
kwame brown: 18
darius miles: 18
shawn marion: 14
tim thomas: 14
desmond mason: 15
allen iverson: 10.5

Manute for Ever!
08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
I personally stand 6'6, and have size 16 feet, but my hand span is only 9 inches. I can barely palm a ball.

I'm about 6'8" and wear a size 12 shoe, the distance between the tip of my thumb and pinky is longer than my foot. All palm, though....

andredagiant
08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow, your 6 8 and your feet are size 12?:eek: Well I just saw on TV that Rasheed Wallace's shoes are only 13s....he's 6 11.....that's crazy......how can the basketball be considered too small for shaq? I realise he has humungous hands but when you have such huge hands shouldn't shooting the ball be easier, if it really is like a tennis ball, maybe he should start throwing it to the hoop instead of shooting it.....then he could be more accurate, not trying to hate on him or anything, but I think he's just making up excuses for the fact that he just can't shoot free throws, just like most centers can't shoot 3s, same thing......:hammerhead: :no:

Manute for Ever!
08-22-2007, 02:10 AM
Wow, your 6 8 and your feet are size 12?:eek: Well I just saw on TV that Rasheed Wallace's shoes are only 13s....he's 6 11.....that's crazy......how can the basketball be considered too small for shaq? I realise he has humungous hands but when you have such huge hands shouldn't shooting the ball be easier, if it really is like a tennis ball, maybe he should start throwing it to the hoop instead of shooting it.....then he could be more accurate, not trying to hate on him or anything, but I think he's just making up excuses for the fact that he just can't shoot free throws, just like most centers can't shoot 3s, same thing......:hammerhead: :no:

If Shaq cradled the ball in his finger tips (the correct way of shooting) on free throws, it would be hard for him to make the huge hands excuse. Also, this may have been brought up in the past, but has anyone else ever noticed that EVERY free throw he takes is a violation? FT shooter can't step over the line until the ball hits the rim, yet he steps over on his release. Just an observation and something that kind of bugs me.

WoGiTaLiA1
08-22-2007, 04:26 AM
The NFL has them during its combine, not sure about the NBA.

I do know that most of the NFL guys have above average hands but not huge. As in my hands would be in the top 10 of every year I've seen and top 5 of most and whilst my hands are larger than normal, they aren't massive. I remember Luc Longley had pretty massive hands when I met him.

Manute for Ever!
08-22-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm fairly sure Kevin Willis wore a size 12. Pretty small for 6'11".

FultzNationRISE
09-25-2019, 12:37 PM
Lebron’s the biggest

Edit: and it isnt CLOSE. :eek:

72-10
09-25-2019, 01:48 PM
Kobe Bryant has really small hands and feet for his size.

Considering that Kobe shot the fadeaway so much, his hands were quite small.

keep-itreal
09-25-2019, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]Lebron

HoopologyPhD
09-25-2019, 04:31 PM
I thought Giannis has the biggest hands in the NBA?

Boban