PDA

View Full Version : Kobe 81

Legend
08-21-2007, 08:25 AM
What was your experience to Kobe's 81. What i mean is what were your expresion before and after you found out about the greatest offensive game in recent times.

> I was sleeping and woke in the middle of the night (for just a while thought)to see in the bottom line of ESPN Deportes: LAL Bryant 81 pionts(in spanish).

>I woke in the morning laughing telling my brotha (a crazy Kobe fan) i dreamt Kobe scored 81 points and that he couldnt do that. Yeah right:hammerhead: . Only to be watching SportsCenter and Kobe's 81 point highlights.:applause:

Next is LeBron James:rockon: :D

OneWay
08-21-2007, 08:33 AM
I, too wasn't watching. I was like, wth, it's the Raptors, who gives a flyng **** about this game.
Then I woke up, didn't even turn on the computer to see the score but I did turn the TV on and there it was, in the Croatian news they said Kobe scored 81.

And I was like...woooow baby.

At first I was shocked. Then happy. Then shocked. Then like wow.
Didn't go to school that day but went to have a drink with some friends instead.

And when I came back home I spent the whole day online.

But I can't quite explain how I felt.

I always knew Kobe would do something like that like now I know he"ll still win a few championships but it still caught me off guard.
So while I was suprised, in a way I was like "it's destiny, you know it was bound to happen".. so yeah, mixed reactions mostly.

Richie2k6
08-21-2007, 08:35 AM
All my friends had "81!!!" in the MSN name or were messaging each other about it. I didn't watch the game either because I didn't think it would be anything special. I woke up the next morning and turned on the radio and heard: "In sports news, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers scored 81 points last night against the Toronto Raptors."

Got up, ran on the computer and it was just about everywhere.

kwajo
08-21-2007, 08:45 AM
It made me sick. What a horrible display that game was. What a bunch of damn wiener kids the Raptors were for not sending the guy gunning for points to the deck hard. Where was their self-respect? I don't care if you get ejected, you don't take that sh!t from anyone. For the last several minutes of the game, it was all about Kobe getting points. I was watching the game live, yelling at the TV for the Raps to smarten up.
Not only were the Raps not fouling, but Smitch had guys like Joey Graham, Matt Bonner, etc. trying to guard Kobe and didn't use ball denial when the Lakers were obviously trying to get him the ball. It was just horrid to watch.
I lost all faith in the toughness of the NBA after that game. Guys like Oakley wouldn't have let that happen, but these kids these days are as soft as Kwame Brown's labia. Seriously, why didn't anyone foul him? Even if you just did a regular foul, he'd have to earn his points at the
line, not gunning for points in a game that was already over.

3stat2
08-21-2007, 09:01 AM
I went to NBA.com as usual and clicked on the boxscores without really looking at the headlines. I looked at the Lakers vs Raptors game, thought Mike James had a nice game of 26 and 10... then I saw the 81 points for Kobe and thought it was a typo

IGOTGAME
08-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I was watching the game in the library, will doing work..Looked up and was like no why...I told a couple of people and 5 minutes later there are 10-15 people watching the game in the library...

But imo the 62 in 3 quarters was more impressive...i think he would have got at least 80 that game..

kidachi
08-21-2007, 09:13 AM
the first time i heard it was with my classmate. where at school discussing the current events at class, and he joked about it being the main headline of all. including politics, etc.
so, i didn't take it seriously..
and when i got home... lo and behold. there's the "joke". its in the headline
KOBE SCORES 81, MAKES HISTORY

MaxFly
08-21-2007, 09:16 AM
I didn't watch the game... Woke up that morning and checked the scores of the games... Of course, news of the 81 poing game was everywhere. I read the recaps and then immediately logged into ISH. Almost every single thread on the first page was about the game with the exception of a game thread for the Seattle game.

It made me sick. What a horrible display that game was. What a bunch of damn wiener kids the Raptors were for not sending the guy gunning for points to the deck hard. Where was their self-respect? I don't care if you get ejected, you don't take that sh!t from anyone. For the last several minutes of the game, it was all about Kobe getting points. I was watching the game live, yelling at the TV for the Raps to smarten up.
Not only were the Raps not fouling, but Smitch had guys like Joey Graham, Matt Bonner, etc. trying to guard Kobe and didn't use ball denial when the Lakers were obviously trying to get him the ball. It was just horrid to watch.
I lost all faith in the toughness of the NBA after that game. Guys like Oakley wouldn't have let that happen, but these kids these days are as soft as Kwame Brown's labia. Seriously, why didn't anyone foul him? Even if you just did a regular foul, he'd have to earn his points at the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkqmvyIoHA

IGOTGAME
08-21-2007, 09:20 AM
honestly I think the best part of Kobe's big games is when you see the look on the defenders faces when he really starts getting hot..They look helpless...Sometimes its like they break...I'll never forget the facial expression Dahntay Jones or Josh Howard had this year after Kobe killed him, it was like he broke his will..

I dont really see that happen with any other player in the league

OneWay
08-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Although I do bet that the first reaction of some people was "how many shots did he take, how many assists he had" :oldlol:

clipps
08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
I turned on the tv when it was at the tail end of the game. I went to ESPNews to check highlights. I saw "Kobe Bryant: 79 Points" and I was like :eek: . I went to the Laker game just to make sure it was real and it wasn't a typo. Then I saw Kobe hit the final 2 freethrows that gave him 81.

thenextgreatbigman
08-21-2007, 09:51 AM
that's pretty much how i felt after watching it, kobe put up at least 20 shots in the last 5 mins. he had 60, the game was over and every time he got the ball he chucked it up. taking the worst shots possible and missing most of them. he got fouled shooting a 3 twice and flopped a few times.

jordans 69 was way more impressive
i'd even go as far as saying that crawfords 52 was more amazing considering that he hit 16 straight. crawford only played 39mins and went 20-30 after missing his first 4 shots and only scoring 3 in the 1st quarter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxKEou4vPHk

IGOTGAME
08-21-2007, 10:01 AM
that's pretty much how i felt after watching it, kobe put up at least 20 shots in the last 5 mins. he had 60, the game was over and every time he got the ball he chucked it up. taking the worst shots possible and missing most of them. he got fouled shooting a 3 twice and flopped a few times.

i'd even go as far as saying that crawfords 52 was more amazing considering that he hit 16 straight. crawford only played 39mins and went 20-30 after missing his first 4 shots and only scoring 3 in the 1st quarter.

and I would go as far as to say that whole post is factually wrong...that Kobe's 62 in 3 quarters was more impressive then Jordan's 69 in OT.

And I would go onto say the Kobe has around 20 high scoring game more impressive then Crawfords..

Poseidon
08-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Kobe is the greatest scorer since Wilt and his 81 point game is the most impressive scoring game of all time (surpassing Wilt's 100 IMO).

Kobe in (some former Bulls player) era would completely tear up the league, especially if you consider the defenders he would be facing on a nightly basis. Craig Ehlo, Jeff Malone, Danny Ainge, Paul Pressey, Roy Hinson, Gerald Wilkens, Gerald Henderson, etc......gimme a break. :oldlol:

This is the CRAP that the so-called "G.O.A.T." was dominating on a nightly basis while scoring 37 PPG in 1986-87. :oldlol:

glidedrxlr22
08-21-2007, 10:38 AM

Co-sign!

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 10:47 AM

Because when you're hot, you're supposed to stop shooting right? Does this only apply to Kobe?

OneWay
08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Because when you're hot, you're supposed to stop shooting right? Does this only apply to Kobe?

:roll:

Well, as long as there's world there"ll be idiots. Ignore them.

Erathia
08-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Kobe is the greatest scorer since Wilt and his 81 point game is the most impressive scoring game of all time (surpassing Wilt's 100 IMO).

Kobe in (some former Bulls player) era would completely tear up the league, especially if you consider the defenders he would be facing on a nightly basis. Craig Ehlo, Jeff Malone, Danny Ainge, Paul Pressey, Roy Hinson, Gerald Wilkens, Gerald Henderson, etc......gimme a break. :oldlol:

This is the CRAP that the so-called "G.O.A.T." was dominating on a nightly basis while scoring 37 PPG in 1986-87. :oldlol:

I have to completely agree with your post. I have discussed this very topic with many of my friends. Most of them, like I am sure most on this board, will disagree that Kobe's 81 was more impressive than Wilt's 100. But how many realize that during Wilt's era there was no offensive goaltending? Chamberlain faced the likes of Darrall Imhoff and Cleveland Buckner, anyone want to make a claim at their great defending skills? When the Knicks tried fouling other Philadelphia players to keep the ball away from Chamberlain, the Warriors countered by committing fouls of their own to get the ball back. Chamberlain shot 36-for-63 from the field and 28-for-32 from the foul line.

The 81 points by Kobe Bryant came on 28-46 shooting in just under 42 minutes of play, including 7-of-13 three-pointers. He shot 18-of-20 free throws.

thenextgreatbigman
08-21-2007, 10:56 AM
when the other team pulled out the lest scrub off the bench and stopped playing with 4 mins left? up by 10?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cVC3DtgoYZY

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
when the other team pulled out the lest scrub off the bench and stopped playing with 4 mins left? up by 10?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cVC3DtgoYZY

Kobe gets criticized for leaving the 62 points game at the end of the third quarter. Kobe gets criticized for staying in the game when he had a chance to be the highest scorer in Laker history and the 2nd in NBA history. Kobe gets criticized for rescuing a drowning infant. Why are you giving me the link for? I saw the game.

Jimmy2k8
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
The 81 point game was overrated. The Raptors didn't play defense in that game, giving up many shots.

Don't believe me?

Kobe Bryant 81 point game "prophecy of the phantom defense"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2hfr7OYqFA)

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 11:08 AM
The 81 point game was overrated. The Raptors didn't play defense in that game, giving up many shots.

Don't believe me?

Of course, it's phantom defense when a whole team is at the mercy of one player.:applause:

Erathia
08-21-2007, 11:11 AM

Don't believe me?

Well watching that video was a waste of time. Whoever did that Contested/Non-contested counter should really stop watching basketball all together. A turn around jumper from 18-feet with a hand in the air is uncontested? A 3-pointer with a defender flying at you with his hands up? Driving the lane through 3 defenders and putting a reverse lay up in?

Jimmy2k8
08-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Well watching that video was a waste of time. Whoever did that Contested/Non-contested counter should really stop watching basketball all together. A turn around jumper from 18-feet with a hand in the air is uncontested? A 3-pointer with a defender flying at you with his hands up? Driving the lane through 3 defenders and putting a reverse lay up in?

The 81 point game was great, but Kobe fan or not...everybody should know that the Raptors were the worst team at the time. The team had no defense at all.

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 11:26 AM
The 81 point game was great, but Kobe fan or not...everybody should know that the Raptors were the worst team at the time. The team had no defense at all.

Aren't bad teams made for others to dominate? :confusedshrug:

Loki
08-21-2007, 11:38 AM

Jordan's per 40 numbers at age 39 five seasons ago:

26.3 pts, 6.5 reb, 5.9 ast, 1.6 stl, .5 blk (42% FG)

Kobe's per 40 numbers at age 23 five seasons ago:

26.4 pts, 5.8 reb, 5.7 ast, 1.5 stl, .5 blk (47% FG)

OneWay
08-21-2007, 11:39 AM

Who didn't see this one coming? :roll:

Richie2k6
08-21-2007, 11:51 AM

Haha owned.

MaxFly
08-21-2007, 12:56 PM

Don't believe me?

Makes you really wonder how bad the other Lakers were... The Raptors managed to hold them to 33% shooting for the game... At the beginning of the second quarter, with Bryant on the bench, the Lakers went 1-11 with 4 turnovers. They managed to score only 3 points in the first 6 minutes of the quarter. :oldlol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Makes you really wonder how bad the other Lakers were... The Raptors managed to hold them to 33% shooting for the game... At the beginning of the second quarter, with Bryant on the bench, the Lakers went 1-11 with 4 turnovers. They managed to score only 3 points in the first 6 minutes of the quarter. :oldlol:

that's NOT funny !! that's very very sad (for us Laker fans).
It's that very reason why us Laker fans have continuing debate, amongst us, regarding how much shooting Kobe should undertake.

OneWay
08-21-2007, 01:26 PM

Poseidon
08-21-2007, 01:28 PM

How many other players scored 81 points against the pathetic Raptors during that season?

What about 70 points? 60?

Lemme guess.....no other player jacked up as many shots as Kobe, right?

Go kill yourself. :rollingeyes:

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
How many other players scored 81 points against the pathetic Raptors during that season?

What about 70 points? 60?

Lemme guess.....no other player jacked up as many shots as Kobe, right?

Go kill yourself. :rollingeyes:

:applause:

While Wilt gets praised for scoring 100 on 36-63 shooting, Kobe gets bombarded with hate on 28-46 shooting. Anything wrong with this?

Poseidon
08-21-2007, 01:34 PM
:applause:

While Wilt gets praised for scoring 100 on 36-63 shooting, Kobe gets bombarded with hate on 28-46 shooting. Anything wrong with this?

Not only that.....but Wilt STAYED in a BLOW-OUT game where his teammates were force-feeding him the ball just for the purpose of breaking the 100 point barrier.

Kobe's 81 came in a game where his team was getting their asses kicked for 2 1/2 quarters.

Kobe's 81 > Wilt's 100 > MJ's 69

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Not only that.....but Wilt STAYED in a BLOW-OUT game where his teammates were force-feeding him the ball just for the purpose of breaking the 100 point barrier.

Kobe's 81 came in a game where his team was getting their asses kicked for 2 1/2 quarters.

Kobe's 81 > Wilt's 100 > MJ's 69

Kobe's 62 in 3 has to be in there too. :D

OneWay
08-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Also, why did DRob and Shaq score as much as they did?
Uh oh, because one chased the scoring title and the other got a birthday gift from his teammates.

But no one cares about that.

Why not, let's just take things away from Kobe, as always.

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Also, why did DRob and Shaq score as much as they did?
Uh oh, because one chased the scoring title and the other got a birthday gift from his teammates.

But no one cares about that.

Why not, let's just take things away from Kobe, as always.

Kobe is ring-less. He would have never won any rings without Shaq. Wow, Horry is great, 7 damn rings! Don't forget that one!

Rockets(T-mac)
08-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I started watching the game and I was tired and it was late. After the first quarter I was like "well it isn't that interesting and it's the Raptors" so I went to bed thinking it was going to be a normal game.:banghead: :hammerhead:

Next morning I woke up and saw on t.v "Kobe 81 points coming up next" and I was like WTF!! Then I saw the interview and the highlights and was like why the fu*k did I have to miss it.:banghead:

gts
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Kobe’s Teammates Lauded For Ability To Stay Out Of The Way

LOS ANGELES--Kobe Bryant may have done the unthinkable Sunday night by scoring 81 points, but it would not have been possible without his teammates. Players like Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, and Smush Parker didn’t fill up the stat sheet, but they contributed to Kobe’s record-breaking night by passing the ball to him and then deftly getting out of his way.

“This is definitely a team accomplishment,” Bryant told reporters after the game. “It’s not easy getting out of the way like my teammates did. At one point I almost tripped over Smush Parker on my way down the court, but he was so quick that he just dove out of the way. He actually landed in the first row of seats. He had blood pouring down his face. Talk about a warrior. I’ll go to battle with that guy any day of the week.”

Bryant also cited Odom, who took only 7 shots in his quest to help Kobe reach his milestone.

“Lamar is a great teammate. I told him at the beginning of this season that he really needed to practice getting out of the way. And he has. I especially liked when he intercepted that pass from Luke [Walton] that was intended for Kwame Brown and sent it right over to me. Luke made a mistake passing that ball to Kwame, and Lamar stepped in and corrected it. But that’s how this team is. We’re constantly picking each other up.”

One play in particular epitomized the getting-out-of-the-way ability of Bryant’s teammates. During the fourth quarter, while the Lakers were staging their comeback, Bryant grabbed a defensive rebound and began dribbling down the court. Each member of the Lakers then simultaneously fell to the floor and curled up in the fetal position to make sure they didn’t interfere with Bryant’s fast break. The result of the play? A two-point slam dunk.

Said Luke Walton: “That’s just teamwork right there. We just wanted to make sure we were not in his path to the basket, and also make sure he didn’t get any stupid ideas to pass it to us. We don’t want the ball. Seriously, everyone here knows we are better off just deferring to Kobe in those situations. In fact, if he starts trying to distribute the ball more often, I’m asking for a trade. I’m here to win a championship, not miss shots.”

In the past, Bryant has been criticized for his failure to get his teammates involved. Many critics say that he will never reach the level of Michael Jordan, simply because he can’t make those around him better.

Coach Phil Jackson, however, has asked Bryant not to change a thing.

“I coached both Kobe and MJ, and I know what each player can do. Who would you rather have shooting the ball, Kobe or somebody named Smush Parker? How about Devean George? Exactly. These guys are very, very good at not shooting the ball, and we want to put them in a position to exploits those talents. That’s why I’m such a great coach. I know how to get the most out of my players, or in this case, the least.”

But Kobe has bigger goals than winning a scoring title or breaking individual records. He wants to bring another championship to LA, and he’s made it clear that he can’t do it without his teammates.

“Obviously my number one goal is to win a championship,” he said. “The reward is so great. I’ll get to say that I brought yet another championship to the fans of LA, and my teammates get to say that they stood aside and watched the whole thing. They’re going to be witnesses to history! Talk about being in an elite club. They ’ll be right up there with Jack Nicholson and Diane Cannon.”

To show his appreciation after Sunday’s game, Bryant bought each of this teammates a brand new Rolex watch. The expensive, top-of-the-line time pieces were engraved with each player’s name and a personal message from Kobe: “Stay out of my way – KB”

http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/kobeteammates_full.htm

Who'sKobe
08-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Don't believe me?

Sure, but also take a look at who made the video. That mfer is the biggest Kobe ***** I've come across on the net, god help him.

gts
08-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Sure, but also take a look at who made the video. That mfer is the biggest Kobe ***** I've come across on the net, god help him.
i watched the video up to ten points... the guy has no idea what a contested or uncontested shot is...period, the guy who made the video is an idiot

MaxFly
08-21-2007, 02:30 PM
that's NOT funny !! that's very very sad (for us Laker fans).
It's that very reason why us Laker fans have continuing debate, amongst us, regarding how much shooting Kobe should undertake.

It's funny to me...

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/CelticsLogo_History.gif

Who'sKobe
08-21-2007, 02:43 PM
i watched the video up to ten points... the guy has no idea what a contested or uncontested shot is...period, the guy who made the video is an idiot

It's not just this video that makes him an idiot, he recently made 2 videos drunk, discussing about how much he hates Kobe.

The guy is insane.

hotsizzle
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
:oldlol: @ Crawford's 52 being more impressive than Kobe's 81.

I like the people that say "Oh look, he did it against the Raptors"...if its so easy, then why out of all the horrible teams throughout history and great players there was, 80+ wasn't done too many times?

Poseidon
08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Kobe's 62 in 3 has to be in there too. :D

You're right. Actually think that was more impressive than his 81. Had he played the 4th, Kobe could've scored 90 pts in that game.

Kobe's 62 in 3 > Kobe's 81 > Wilt's 100 > Kobe's 56 in 3 > MJ's 69

Loki
08-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Had he played the 4th, Kobe could've scored 90 pts in that game.

Sure, if the refs sent him to the line another 17+ times like they did in the 3rd quarter. :oldlol:

poeticism707
08-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Before Kobe scored 81, I just thought he was overrated.

HOWEVER, after he scored, 81, I KNEW HE WAS OVERRATED.

kobedaman24
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I was just watching some Fresh Prince reruns till I decided to check out ESPNEWS. The alert read, "Kobe Bryant scores 81."

When I got onto the computer I had to check other sources to make sure it was not a typo lol

ThaRegul8r
08-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I didn't actually see the game, I turned the radio on and was listening to the sports update and it said that Kobe scored 81, the second-highest single-game total in NBA history. And I was like, :eek: WTF? And I got on the computer to check it out to make sure it was legit and I wasn't just hearing things. lol Then I saw that it was indeed true, and I was still like :eek:

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-21-2007, 10:46 PM
It's sad that some of these posters cannot just recognize and respect that his 81 points was an unbelievably remarkable feat...one of the great all-time individual performances....and leave it at that.

TheHonestTruth
08-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Before: Kobe is overrated.
After: Kobe is overrated AND supported by Stern.

brwnman
08-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I was at the game...

Poseidon
08-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Before this thread: had a feeling that you're an idiot
After this thread: confirmed the fact that you're an idiot

Kobe24
08-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Before this thread: had a feeling that you're an idiot
After this thread: confirmed the fact that you're an idiot

Now THAT, was the honest truth. Zing!

Poseidon
08-21-2007, 11:22 PM
I was at the game...

Lucky bastard! :D

I wonder how many season tix holders gave away their seats for that game because the lowly, pathetic, hapless, worthless, dreadful, horrific, atrocious, embarrassing Toronto Raoptors were in town?

hotsizzle
08-21-2007, 11:24 PM

I wonder how many season tix holders gave away their seats for that game because the lowly, pathetic, hapless, worthless, dreadful, horrific, atrocious, embarrassing Toronto Raoptors were in town?

Jack was one of them. And then theres this dude that supposedly had tix to Wilt's 100 and Kobe's 81 but missed both of them.

Fatal9
08-22-2007, 12:33 AM
I personally think the 4 straight 50+ points streak was more impressive, probably because I watched all four games. It was amazing to see how he clearly came in with the mindset to score 50 in 3 of those games but the teams still couldn't stop him.

Poseidon
08-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Jack was one of them. And then theres this dude that supposedly had tix to Wilt's 100 and Kobe's 81 but missed both of them.

Talk about sh!tty luck......TWICE.

RoseCity07
08-22-2007, 08:09 AM
I was browsing people's myspaces and came across one of my brothers friends who watches NBA. He had some thing on his page about how Kobe is the greatest and the number 81. I checked it out and was shocked.

I didn't see it live but did download the game. I did see the entire game where he dropped 65 on Portland. Lamar Odom was being a sore loser trying to start fights because we were owning, and then Kobe had to be the hero dropping 3 after 3. I thought that game was pretty amazing.

The points just kept adding up and before I knew if he had 65.

RoseCity07
08-22-2007, 08:11 AM

I'm no Laker fan but if I was in LA or lived there I would go to any Laker game I had tickets to. How can any NBA fan not go to a game to see Kobe play. He's the most entertaining athlete in the world.

Poseidon
08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Sure, if the refs sent him to the line another 17+ times like they did in the 3rd quarter. :oldlol:

I find it oddly amusing that a Michael Jordan fanatic is complaining about another player getting preferential calls from the ref. :oldlol:

dejordan
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I personally think the 4 straight 50+ points streak was more impressive, probably because I watched all four games. It was amazing to see how he clearly came in with the mindset to score 50 in 3 of those games but the teams still couldn't stop him.
i think this is kobe's greatest strength. when he's hot, he has the ability to personally confound team defenses. that is a rare gift. i think that's why so many players in the game today consider him the best out there. his offensive game is really frightening when it's in full gear and his hot streaks can last a week.

Heretik32
08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
81? Impressive, certainly, but I prefer my heroics with a side dish of necessity and at least some semblance of purpose outside of breaking records.

Scoring 81 in that game was completely unnecessary and thus it left me a whole lotta less wet than most Kobe fans. And as Kwajo said, it was a disgrace by the Raptors defense to act or neglect to act the way they did that night.

Loki
08-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I find it oddly amusing that a Michael Jordan fanatic is complaining about another player getting preferential calls from the ref. :oldlol:

Michael Jordan from age 26-29: 7.9 FTA/gm

Kobe Bryant from age 26-29: 10.1 FTA/gm

17 FT's in a quarter is absurd. He shot nearly as many FT's as the entire Mavs team that game.

gb8
08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
81? Impressive, certainly, but I prefer my heroics with a side dish of necessity and at least some semblance of purpose outside of breaking records.

Scoring 81 in that game was completely unnecessary and thus it left me a whole lotta less wet than most Kobe fans. And as Kwajo said, it was a disgrace by the Raptors defense to act or neglect to act the way they did that night.

What point total do you think was neccasary? Out of 82 games in a year a player shouldnt go for records? Is the game sometimes not allowed to be about more then just winning? Is wilts 100 point game not impressive because his team was fouling the opposition on purpose?

gb8
08-22-2007, 01:23 PM

17 FT's in a quarter is absurd. He shot nearly as many FT's as the entire Mavs team that game.

You seen the game right? How many were deserved loki?

picc84
08-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Pretty much all of them, especially considering the Mavs were blatantly hacking at him out of anger.

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-22-2007, 03:38 PM
any time a player drops 50 pts and gets the W we should be properly impressed.
for a player to drop 81 is beyond-the-pale insane. it should not be possible in today's game.

hotsizzle
08-22-2007, 04:06 PM

You see the game though? There was a flagrant foul in there...thats 4 FTs for you. And two technicals I believe. And he just kept attacking the Mavs...and Mavs were pretty much intentionally hacking him.

picc84
08-22-2007, 04:25 PM
You see the game though? There was a flagrant foul in there...thats 4 FTs for you. And two technicals I believe. And he just kept attacking the Mavs...and Mavs were pretty much intentionally hacking him.

You think it matters? :oldlol:

Kobe24
08-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Hasn't Loki already admitted that he judges most of the games by box scores?

OneWay
08-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Hasn't Loki already admitted that he judges most of the games by box scores?

Yeah which is really freaky since he doesn't even like Kobe.

He's sometimes like "oh great, now I expect to see "Kobe Bryant hit a 25 footer".
Things like that.

Los Angeles
08-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Either claim they were undeserved or please be quiet...because Kobe was the aggressor that entire quarter and a lot of those were frustration fouls by Dallas because of how well Kobe was playing.

All you do is live by the numbers from what I've noticed, try watching the game because numbers usually don't tell the entire story.

Los Angeles
08-22-2007, 04:40 PM
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 20 (Ticker) -- Kobe Bryant always has wanted to be mentioned with the all-time greats. His performance against the Dallas Mavericks certainly was the stuff of legend.

Bryant scored a phenomenal 62 points - the most in the NBA in 11 years - to propel the Los Angeles Lakers to a 112-90 rout of the Mavericks.

The 27-year-old Bryant became just the 19th player in league history to reach the 60-point plateau and the first since Philadelphia's Allen Iverson against Orlando on February 12 of last season.

His explosion was the most points by any player since San Antonio's David Robinson scored 71 points in pursuit of a scoring title in the 1993-94 season finale at the Los Angeles Clippers.

After scoring 43 points in Los Angeles' 109-106 triumph December 12 at Dallas, Bryant picked up right where he left off with 32 points in the first half before a historic 30-point third quarter.

In the fourth-highest scoring quarter in league history, Bryant made 7-of-13 shots and 14-of-16 free throws as he thoroughly frustrated the Mavericks, who began arguing with officials and taking hard fouls. He finished with a flourish, drilling a 3-pointer with 4.4 seconds left to open a 95-61 lead.

Just as in his previous career high of 56 vs. Memphis on January 14, 2002, Bryant did not play the fourth quarter.

The superstar guard connected on 18-of-31 shots, including 4-of-10 from the arc, and 22-of-25 free throws. He had no assists, but by the second quarter, no one in the Staples Center wanted him to pass.

Through three quarters, the shellshocked Mavericks made 22-of-65 shots, including 0-of-10 3-pointers, and 17-of-24 free throws.

The outburst pushed Bryant's scoring average from 31.3 points to 32.5, still second in the league behind Iverson.

Dallas never led as it saw a three-game winning streak halted. The frustration began early in the third quarter when All-Star Dirk Nowitzki was hit in the face by Bryant's flailing arm. When the foul was called on Nowitzki, he received a technical foul for throwing his mouthpiece.

Less than three minutes later, Josh Howard was called for a flagrant foul after clotheslining a driving Bryant. Mavericks coach Avery Johnson was called for his second technical foul of the quarter and was ejected with 7:46 left. Everything fell apart for Dallas thereafter.

Noob Saibot
08-22-2007, 04:43 PM
the 81 point game is overrated. Wilt's 100 points is still more impressive.

Jimmy2k8
08-22-2007, 04:55 PM

Both games are overrated. Wilt's 100 point game was against a weak New York Knick team that only won 22 games. Kobe's 81 point game was against a weak Toronto team, that only won 20 games.

DTD
08-22-2007, 04:57 PM

Care to expand why it was more impressive? Since there is no video of the game, we know you didn't see it. The facts of the game are not disputed, it was a blowout and he was being force fed the ball to try and break the record. He missed multiple attempts towards the end of the game but kept shooting so he could get to the magic number.

What was more impressive about it? Is it the number that stands out as impressive (which I admit "100" is a powerful iconic symbol)?

OneWay
08-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Noob Saibot is a well known troll around here. I don't know why you folks are paying attention to that idiot.

DTD
08-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Kobe's 62, and being hacked:

[QUOTE]Dirk Nowitzki is the Mavs

Noob Saibot
08-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Honestly, Kobe's best game was the 62 points in 3 quarters vs the Mavs.

Care to expand why it was more impressive? Since there is no video of the game, we know you didn't see it. The facts of the game are not disputed, it was a blowout and he was being force fed the ball to try and break the record. He missed multiple attempts towards the end of the game but kept shooting so he could get to the magic number.

What was more impressive about it? Is it the number that stands out as impressive (which I admit "100" is a powerful iconic symbol)?

Good question.

Let's see: Kobe scored 81 points, but only had 2 assists. He made 27 out of 46 shots right.

Chamberlain made 36-of-63 field goals and 28-of-32 free throws to get 100 points. Wilt was known to be a terrible free throw shooter but he missed only 4 free throws in the game. He also grabbed 25 rebounds.

Still not impressed.

DTD
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Wilt's 25 rebounds are what possibly makes it more impressive. Though some would argue that Wilt was a goliath in that age of ball playing against much smaller competition. The Knicks had some size in that game, but Cleveland Buckner who guarded Wilt was a 6'9 twig of sorts, and the Knicks starting center was out of the game with the Flu.

I just find it amusing when posters here attempt to put down the 81 by saying he was jacking up shots in the last 5 minutes therefore it was 'slimed" or "tainted." Wilts own teammates began fouling the opposing team just to get Wilt the ball back to him!!

A look at Wilts game:

He scored 23 points in the first quarter and had 41 by halftime, then tallied 28 in the third quarter, when the fans began to chant, "Give It To Wilt! Give It To Wilt!"

That's exactly what the Warriors did, feeding Chamberlain at every opportunity in the fourth quarter. The Knicks tried fouling other Philadelphia players to keep the ball away from Chamberlain, but the Warriors countered by committing fouls of their own to get the ball back.

Los Angeles
08-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Scoring 81 or 100 points in a 48 minute game in HIGH SCHOOL is impressive, how on earth is it overrated in the NBA? :rollingeyes:

brwnman
08-22-2007, 11:57 PM
this thread was almost perfect because it had 81 replies before mine... either way, I lied about being at the game (I had to - just wanted to get bashed or feel nice for a bit)... neither really happened, but oh well... but I did watch the whole game and you could see that game slipping away from the Raps after such a huge lead...

poeticism707
08-23-2007, 12:01 AM
:oldlol: :applause: :oldlol:

poeticism707
08-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Noob Saibot is a well known troll around here. I don't know why you folks are paying attention to that idiot.

Trolls identifying trolls...imagine that.

G-train
08-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Anyone who thinks scoring 81 points in a professional game of basketball ISNT impressive (no matter what the opposition) has never played basketball, nor has any real knowledge of the sport. Or is possibly just a fool.

Fact.

Jimmy2k8
08-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Anyone who thinks scoring 81 points in a professional game of basketball ISNT impressive (no matter what the opposition) has never played basketball, nor has any real knowledge of the sport. Or is possibly just a fool.

Fact.

Its impressive...dur.

still, it was against a weak ass Toronto Raptor team. oh well. Kobe can score 50+ on anybody.

G-train
08-23-2007, 12:54 AM
'dur' right back at you dumbass.

81 points is neither unimpressive (as others put it) or overrated (as you put it).

It is an all time great achievement against any NBA team.
Every 5-10 points after 50 is very hard to achieve. That is why it is the second highest score ever, and every great scorer has played against weak teams. Why haven't they done it? Because its a friggin unbelievable feat.

TennesseeFan
11-30-2010, 05:43 PM
bump

Toni
11-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Its impressive...dur.

still, it was against a weak ass Toronto Raptor team. oh well. Kobe can score 50+ on anybody.

They almost lost that game to a weak ass Raptor team.

Samurai Swoosh
11-30-2010, 05:52 PM

Fact.
Exactly ...

VishaltotheG
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
I wish Kobe can just change his jersey number to 81 so we can stop hearing this sh*t from people.

Droid101
11-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Chris Bosh was on the floor during that explosion.

Lyoto15
11-30-2010, 06:55 PM
I find it hilarious how everybody loves what Wilt did, tho they did not actually see the game nor is it possible for us to see since there is no video of that game.

You should just acknowledge the fact you witnessed something incredible in the game of basketball in our time.. It really shouldnt matter who the one achieving this feat was.. It so happend to be kobe.

Everybody would have been chucking up shots while hot, while winning and while on your way to breaking a laker record and possibly more.

Respect it.

crisoner
11-30-2010, 06:59 PM
http://www.individualsole.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/nike-zoom-kobe-81-1.jpg

zizozain
11-30-2010, 07:14 PM
we need to hear from indian guy - bruce - loki - duma - powerglove - asbelly - NBASTATMAN - ginobli 432? -

or any poster with good imagenation can tell us how these guys felt

DeronMillsap
11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Like many Laker fans, I feel this was just another meaningless regular season game.

Let's see him score 63 in the playoffs. That would be special. :pimp:

Nevaeh
11-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Like a few guys here, I was at work and heard it on the radio in my truck. The first thing that came to my mind was "81?? But HOW though, in todays modern game?" I'll admit I was impressed but I knew that the Non-Kobe fans would never hear the end of it lol.

As people know, I'm not the BIGGEST kobe fan here, but it's only because I want to keep his career in perspective. However on that day for him, I'm sure he tossed back a few cold one's and said "Damn, I F@cked Niqqas UP tonight!!"

As crazy as it sounds, I think having a Kobe around makes for great debate threads, which keeps the board interesting. I love facing him in NBA 2k11 because, just like real life, he keeps you on your toes, not knowing when and IF he's gonna go off on you. When he Dropped 49 on my 96 Bulls team to beat us, I just smiled and said "Yep, that's Kobe" lol.

Sroek
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Its impressive...dur.

It doesn't really matter - the Toronto Raptors is still an NBA team with NBA players. It's the highest level league for basketball. 81 is God-tier.

RoseCity07
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I remember going to a friends myspace or something where they had some kind of notice about Kobe being the best player ever 81 points blah blah.

Couldn't believe it. Then I went to ESPN. Crazy seeign 81 in a boxscore.

I actually witnessed Kobe score 65 against Portland.

PowerGlove
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM
we need to hear from indian guy - bruce - loki - duma - powerglove - asbelly - NBASTATMAN - ginobli 432? -

or any poster with good imagenation can tell us how these guys felt

My story?

I'd rather not talk about it. Oh, the agony. I didnt watch the game or sportscenter in the morning, and went to school in my Raptors jersey. You can figure out the rest.

ZaaaaaH
11-30-2010, 08:33 PM
How can ya hate on Someone who scored 81 points in a NBA game?

I love how people say it was bad defense and 81 points is not all that :lol

Either haters or just dont know anything about basketball.

IllegalD
11-30-2010, 08:35 PM

Unless you were at the game (which I seriously doubt), there is no visual evidence to support this.

Kobe's 81 came in a variety of ways. At one point he was just pulling up from way beyond the 3 point line (as he's done numerous times when he's gotten that ridiculously hot hand he gets when he's on a tear like that) and hitting them like they were freethrows.

Wilt played in an era in which there weren't many players who could match his size and athleticism.

thejumpa
11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Wierd thing about Kobe scoring 81 is it was the same night as Ray Allen scoring 52 with the game winning 3pt shot against Phoenix in 2OT. I was so wrapped up in this game that I didn't even care much about what Kobe did. This was about a week after I met Ray so I was extra pumped about seeing him kill Phoenix like that. From a fans perspective, it's hard for me to even say that Kobes performance was greater. I never saw it and was a hardcore Sonics fan so....all I saw was highlights and info on the ticker.

I remember turning on Sportscenter later on that night and they didn't even talk about the Sonics game. It was Kobe 24/7. I'll say this...that was the day that I finally just let my hate go and gave the man his props. I'm not the biggest fan but 81 is ridiculous. I was most impressed that he had the stamina to keep going like that. Insane.

Kellogs4toniee
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Since this thread mysteriously popped up again, i'll just put in my two cents.

For those who still are trying to down-play Kobe's 81-game performance as

1. Raptors bad defense.
2. He didn't pass the ball.

For peat sakes, are we all enjoying the same game here? 81 points is 81 points, regardless. In the end the NBA is all about Superstars and winning. Kobe epitomized both in this game. Not a big fan of Kobe, but I will always consider myself blessed to have been a big fan of b-ball during this event.

AMISTILLILL
11-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I lifted an eyebrow and when I realized it was against the Raptors and went back to studying and didn't think twice about it.

Samurai Swoosh
11-30-2010, 09:07 PM
I lifted an eyebrow and when I realized it was against the Raptors and went back to studying and didn't think twice about it.
:rolleyes:

AMISTILLILL
11-30-2010, 09:08 PM
:rolleyes:

:hammertime:

G-Funk
11-30-2010, 09:08 PM
I was amazed I got home late, so i got to see the last 3 quarters. Kobe dropped 81 on a team that gets paid millions to play b-ball. I bet no one on here would even score 3 on that raptors team.

Samurai Swoosh
11-30-2010, 09:09 PM
I was amazed I got home late, so i got to see the last 3 quarters. Kobe dropped 81 on a team that gets paid millions to play b-ball. I bet no one on here would even score 3 on that raptors team.
I don't think anyone here (maybe a few) could score 81 on a youth girl's basketball team

:oldlol:

thejumpa
11-30-2010, 09:10 PM

**** that. I'd drop 20 on Calderon.

Jokes people.....jokes

crisoner
11-30-2010, 09:10 PM
81 son!!!!!

JJ81
11-30-2010, 09:38 PM
He wasnt just looking to get his points. His team was down 20 at halftime, he had to do it.

Big#50
11-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Greatest display of chucking ever.

lakers_forever
11-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Where's the original thread of that game?

TryToBeUnbias
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
this.

PowerGlove
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
There isnt.:oldlol:

The game was on January 2006 and I think forum switched formats or whatever in Jun 2006 so you would have to go search for it on the internet time machine.

DeronMillsap
11-30-2010, 11:45 PM
This is an actual quote from a Laker fan.

I'm not. Kobe is gunning for MVP, Pau is pre-'09 soft, and no one else gives a shit about the regular season.

Can't have it both ways, so this 81 points means absolutely nothing. :no:

Lakers13
11-30-2010, 11:48 PM

Dude that was before the Lakers were contenders and Kobe was playing with Smush, Kwame and Luke as starters :ohwell:

raptorfan_dr07
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Ahhh Poseidon, I remember that moron. During the 08 Finals the dumbsh*t started a thread about how he was sending a letter to the NBA offices to investigate the Celtics for tampering with the rims during halftime so that Kobe couldn't hit shots. :oldlol: :oldlol: Guy was dead serious too. Then I remember after Game 4 he was ready to trade Kobe. :roll: Seeing his name in this thread brings back some memories lol. I wonder if he's one of these new Kobe trolls operating under a new username. :confusedshrug:

Doranku
11-30-2010, 11:56 PM

What in God's name does that have ANYTHING to do with Kobe's 81?

Sroek
11-30-2010, 11:56 PM
People act like the Raptors just gave up, stood frozen on defense and let Kobe have uncontested shots all day.

LA_Showtime
12-01-2010, 12:00 AM
People act like the Raptors just gave up, stood frozen on defense and let Kobe have uncontested shots all day.

No kidding. At least they were playing defense. Kobe could've had 90 had he pulled the same shit Wilt did. Just foul the other team and try and score as quickly as possible.

Simple Jack
12-01-2010, 01:23 AM
I didn't read the whole thread but I'm surprised no one mentioned the other game on that night. It was quite possibly one of the best nights of basketball.

The game before was Phoenix vs Seattle, went to Double OT IIRC, where Ray Ray hit a 3 for the win. It was an unbelievable game. Laker game was just past halftime I think, at which point I saw Kobe was going for something special. Tuned into that game, didn't sleep for the next few hours because of how hyped up it got me. Damn. I love ball.

Round Mound
12-01-2010, 01:24 AM
One of the Greatest Ball Hogging Moments in NBA History.

Vs the Worst Defensive Team in NBA History ofcourse.

A Player that shoots below 50& FG should never take more than 15 FGAs PG. Ever

rizzy
12-01-2010, 01:27 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2moo9rr.jpg

AirJordan&Magic
12-01-2010, 01:31 AM
One of the Greatest Ball Hogging Moments in NBA History.

Vs the Worst Defensive Team in NBA History ofcourse.

A Player that shoots below 50& FG should never take more than 15 FGAs PG. Ever

The Lakers were down majority of the game and Kobe's "ballhogging" led them to a comeback win. It is still an impressive game, no matter how you put it.

PHILA
12-01-2010, 01:35 AM
No kidding. At least they were playing defense. Kobe could've had 90 had he pulled the same shit Wilt did. Just foul the other team and try and score as quickly as possible.It's too bad Chamberlain didn't have the fortune of playing today. What a thrill it would have been to see him eat up Laker bigs Gasol & Bynum.

Round Mound
12-01-2010, 01:36 AM
The Lakers were down majority of the game and Kobe's "ballhogging" led them to a comeback win. It is still an impressive game, no matter how you put it.

In a Season Game vs THE CLIPPERS

What where is Assist Totals, Rebound Totals, Steal Totals? Block Totals?

Shoot Shoot Shoot Shoot.

This is a Team Game

AirJordan&Magic
12-01-2010, 01:38 AM
In a Season Game vs THE CLIPPERS

What where is Assist Totals, Rebound Totals, Steal Totals? Block Totals?

Shoot Shoot Shoot Shoot.

This is a Team Game

The Clippers game has absolutely nothing to do with his game vs the Raptors.

As I said, 81 points in a professional basketball game is impressive, no matter how you slice it. Beyond impressive.

Round Mound
12-01-2010, 01:41 AM

As I said, 81 points in a professional basketball game is impressive, no matter how you slice it. Beyond impressive.

Raptors = Clippers.

Expanshion Team of the weak 90s

"Oh i wan`t to break Wilt`s record."

That was Kobe`s attitude.

Nothing impressive.

DeronMillsap
12-01-2010, 01:44 AM

Who cares...:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

It was only a regular season game. Most Laker fans don't even care regular season games so why should we care about Kobe's 81?

AirJordan&Magic
12-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Raptors = Clippers.

Expanshion Team of the weak 90s

"Oh i wan`t to break Wilt`s record."

That was Kobe`s attitude.

Nothing impressive.

Yes, you know this because you had a convo with Kobe before the game. :rolleyes:

And :oldlol: at "the weak 90's". Btw, Charles Barkley is overrated. He dominated in the "weak 90's".

Round Mound
12-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Yes, you know this because you had a convo with Kobe before the game. :rolleyes:

And :oldlol: at "the weak 90's". Btw, Charles Barkley is overrated. He dominated in the "weak 90's".

I watched the whole game.

It was clear he just wanted to beat Wilt`s record.

:facepalm

Barkley dominated the 80s more than the 90s u frekin troll.

Barkley`s way of scoring was at the half 14-17. Then let others shoot.

Kobe`s is i miss 10 straight FGAs...I shoot 30 FGAs for 43% FG :bowdown:

Great Scorer :banghead:

Simple Jack
12-01-2010, 01:55 AM

You don't appreciate basketball if you don't appreciate that performance.

In the modern era, to make that many absurd jumpshots, have your team come back, and lead them to victory; it's just unbelievable.

I have no idea how you non-chalantly brush it off as "not impressive". The man had 81 points in a game.

AirJordan&Magic
12-01-2010, 02:24 AM

What was clear, was that he was trying to bring his team back to victory, you blind Barkley homer.

It is idiots like you that look at crap like "he didn't shoot 50% from the field" and talk out of your ass about what makes a "great game".

And :oldlol: at you making a Charles out to be the standard of what a basketball player should be.

Simple Jack
12-01-2010, 02:28 AM
What was clear, was that he was trying to bring his team back to victory, you blind Barkley homer.

It is idiots like you that look at crap like "he didn't shoot 50% from the field" and talk out of your ass about what makes a "great game".

And :oldlol: at you making a Charles out to be the standard of what a basketball player should be.

He did; he was 28-46 from the field.

There should be NO criticism of this game from Kobe. It's an all-time great performance.

AirJordan&Magic
12-01-2010, 02:36 AM
He did; he was 28-46 from the field.

There should be NO criticism of this game from Kobe. It's an all-time great performance.

I know Kobe did. He shot 60% from the field. I'm really referring to his "A player that doesn't shoot over 50% should not attempt more than 15 fga" statement.

Anyway, it is completely ridiculous to call a performance like this "unimpressive". Whether you like him or not.

Simple Jack
12-01-2010, 02:41 AM
I know Kobe did. He shot 60% from the field. I'm really referring to his "A player that doesn't shoot over 50% should not attempt more than 15 fga" statement.

Anyway, it is completely ridiculous to call a performance like this "unimpressive". Whether you like him or not.

Agreed. If Barkley scored 81, i think this dude's head would have exploded.

Round Mound
12-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Agreed. If Barkley scored 81, i think this dude's head would have exploded.

Barkley was not a streak shooter, chucker or ball hogg like Kobe.

Barkley was a an efficient type scorer like Dantley. He would need 16-17 FGAs to get his 30 and that was enough.

Kellogs4toniee
12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Since this thread mysteriously popped up again, i'll just put in my two cents.

For those who still are trying to down-play Kobe's 81-game performance as

1. Raptors bad defense.
2. He didn't pass the ball.

For peat sakes, are we all enjoying the same game here? 81 points is 81 points, regardless. In the end the NBA is all about Superstars and winning. Kobe epitomized both in this game. Not a big fan of Kobe, but I will always consider myself blessed to have been a big fan of b-ball during this event.

Only in ISH would I get neg repped for this comment.

step_back
12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
While the raptors D did suck back then Kobe was on fire! Had he not gone off like he did the lakers would have lost. I think in the 3rd quarter the entire team apart from him went stone cold.

Babalu
12-01-2010, 02:53 PM

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/Captain802_Second/obvious_troll.jpg

oh the horror
12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
The irony here is that some of these people hating on this, kobe, or his performances will eventually learn to miss him when he is done, and retired. You'll miss the basketball performances, and yes....you'll even miss being able to hate on him. Some people here DO love to hate, and thats a fact.

Upon reflection after his career is over, will people finally come to terms with the simple fact that it WAS an INCREDIBLE performance. I dont care HOW "shitty" the defense was. He was clearly in the zone, and it was amazing to watch a player do that.

talamo
12-01-2010, 04:00 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/14sfp6t.jpg

sagr32
12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
The irony here is that some of these people hating on this, kobe, or his performances will eventually learn to miss him when he is done, and retired. You'll miss the basketball performances, and yes....you'll even miss being able to hate on him. Some people here DO love to hate, and thats a fact.

Upon reflection after his career is over, will people finally come to terms with the simple fact that it WAS an INCREDIBLE performance. I dont care HOW "shitty" the defense was. He was clearly in the zone, and it was amazing to watch a player do that.
This

Round Mound
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/Captain802_Second/obvious_troll.jpg

So u are then admiting that Kobe is not an efficient scorer? yes. :applause:

tpols
12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Obviously a rebounding power forward is going to be more efficient than a shooting guard who operates from the perimeter. Jordan led the league in fga attempts as much as anyone to ever play in the nba and was less efficient than barkley, yet he was three times the player. The same holds true for kobe. He simply is just a much better player than barkley ever was.

Simple Jack
12-01-2010, 04:43 PM

Who cares if he isn't that efficient? This isn't about comparing Kobe to others. If Gilbert Arenas dropped 81 it would still be amazing despite how inefficient he is. Did you hate on Iverson's high scoring output games? How about Brandon Jennings 50 point game last year?
:hammerhead:

crisoner
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs763.snc4/66387_1524110136077_1034310212_31273211_2595709_n. jpg

Yao Ming's Foot
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
bump for those with selective memories

Yao Ming's Foot
03-29-2011, 01:39 PM

Don't believe me?

ahem