PDA

View Full Version : the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 05:54 PM
plus team values

In fact, the top 20 NFL teams alone make more money than all of World Soccer....I did not know that, I thought the all popular World Soccer made more.

http://vball.freeshell.org/valuations.html

NFL totals (32 Teams) Value $23,443 Revenue $5,330
NFL totals (Top 20 Teams) Value $15,881 Revenue $3,554
World Soccer totals (20 Teams) Value $8,853 Revenue $3,189

team values:

1 Manchester United $1,186
1 Washington Redskins $1,104
2 Dallas Cowboys $923
3 Houston Texans $905
4 New England Patriots $861
5 Philadelphia Eagles $833
2 Juventus $828
6 Denver Broncos $815
7 Cleveland Browns $798
8 Chicago Bears $785
9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers $779
10 Baltimore Ravens $776
11 Miami Dolphins $765
12 Carolina Panthers $760
3 AC Milan $759
13 Green Bay Packers $756
4 Real Madrid $751
14 Detroit Lions $747
15 Tennessee Titans $736
16 Pittsburgh Steelers $717
17 Seattle Seahawks $712
18 Kansas City Chiefs $709
19 St Louis Rams $708
20 New York Giants $692
21 Jacksonville Jaguars $688
22 New York Jets $685
23 Cincinnati Bengals $675
24 Buffalo Bills $637
25 San Francisco 49ers $636
26 New Orleans Saints $627
27 Oakland Raiders $624
28 San Diego Chargers $622
5 Bayern Munich $617
29 Indianapolis Colts $609
30 Minnesota Vikings $604
31 Atlanta Falcons $603
6 Internazionale $558
32 Arizona Cardinals $552
7 Arsenal $482
8 Liverpool $447
9 Newcastle United $398
10 Borussia Dortmund $355
11 Barcelona $345
12 Schalke 04 $340
13 Chelsea $339
14 AS Roma $304
15 Tottenham Hotspur $275
16 Celtic $200
17 Olympique Lyonnais $194
18 Glasgow Rangers $166
19 SS Lazio $162
20 Leeds United $147

i seen hippos
08-24-2007, 05:55 PM
It's called great marketing dumb****. Soccer is considerably more popular than football.

D-Wade
08-24-2007, 06:04 PM
A Soccer team is top of the list

Edit, ps there is no truth to that list Chelsea and Barcelona are now worth alot more and Leeds United are now bankrupt

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 06:08 PM
It's called great marketing dumb****. Soccer is considerably more popular than football.
I made mention to the fact that World Soccer is more popular in the OP...can you read?

I just thought it was cool to see a list of all the team values compared

I never made any claim to popularity

great marketing?...ok

SunsN07BookIt
08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I knew Man U was the highest revenue generating team in the world so I assumed almost all the top 10 teams were soccer teams. This is pretty amazing that the NFL generates so much more revenue from it's fans in the USA than world soccer. I guess the soccer fans aren't as hardcore as I thought they were. After all, people put their money where their hearts are.

i seen hippos
08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
I made mention to the fact that World Soccer is more popular in the OP...can you read?

I just thought it was cool to see a list of all the team values compared

I never made any claim to popularity

great marketing?...ok

When you say the NFL makes a lot more then mention the popularity of soccer, it sounds like you're being sarcastic or mocking it.

You know what I'm saying, eh?

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 06:59 PM
I knew Man U was the highest revenue generating team in the world so I assumed almost all the top 10 teams were soccer teams. This is pretty amazing that the NFL generates so much more revenue from it's fans in the USA than world soccer. I guess the soccer fans aren't as hardcore as I thought they were. After all, people put their money where their hearts are.
I think it is the fact that there are more fans in the US that have money...???

people all over Brazil are head over heels nuts for soccer but none of them have a penny...

could I be right?

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
When you say the NFL makes a lot more then mention the popularity of soccer, it sounds like you're being sarcastic or mocking it.

You know what I'm saying, eh?
no....I was just shocked to learn that the NFL generates more money than soccer does...

but now that I look at it...it really isn't that big of a surprise since soccer is so popular in poor countries...

SunsN07BookIt
08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
I think it is the fact that there are more fans in the US that have money...???

You could be right. I didn't realize that Europe was that much poorer than the USA especially with all their free health care, higher education and stuff.

Los Angeles
08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
To put things in perspective, I think a World Cup brings in more revenue then an entire NFL season.

I don't understand what was the point of your post, it's not even logical what you're claiming...those 20 NFL teams are all inside the United States borders...name me a country that has more money then US, a more important question...name me a country that has a greater marketing scheme then US...soccer is a much more popular sport, however there are hardly any elite teams in the United States.

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
You could be right. I didn't realize that Europe was that much poorer than the USA especially with all their free health care, higher education and stuff.
higher education?

the Ivy league is in the US...they have what? Oxford?

alot of Europe is very poor.

free health care?

how come they don't have dentists over there?

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 07:28 PM
To put things in perspective, I think a World Cup brings in more revenue then an entire NFL season.

I don't understand what was the point of your post, it's not even logical what you're claiming...those 20 NFL teams are all inside the United States borders...name me a country that has more money then US, a more important question...name me a country that has a greater marketing scheme then US...soccer is a much more popular sport, however there are hardly any elite teams in the United States.
what I am claiming?...what is not logical?

that the NFL generates more money than World Soccer...yeah...Forbes says so....I would have to think that includes the World Cup.

and you are right, soccer is more popular, but the NFL brings in more cash.

SunsN07BookIt
08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
higher education?

The key word there was "free"(although it really isn't). The Ivy League as with pretty much every other form of higher education in the US is not free, then again neither is Oxford.

Los Angeles
08-24-2007, 07:46 PM
NFL brings in more money because of the market it's in.

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 07:52 PM
NFL brings in more money because of the market it's in.
i said that

the US has more money...

Los Angeles
08-24-2007, 08:01 PM
I guess I'm trying to understand why you made this thread, you're comparing apples to oranges here.

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 08:06 PM
I guess I'm trying to understand why you made this thread, you're comparing apples to oranges here.
I thought it was interesting that the NFL brings in more money (i never knew that) and I also thought it was cool to see a list of the teams value in comparison to each other....(lmao at Arizona)

why does this thread offend you or something?

Jackass18
08-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Soccer is considerably more popular than football.

Yep, the world is full of idiots.

-primetime-
08-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Yep, the world is full of idiots.
well...to be fair I wouldn't say they are idiots...they just don't have yet to be properly exposed to football.

In the US we have all played soccer at one point in time....you can't say the same about other countries and football though.

they just need someone to show them the light, that's all.

go_blue
08-24-2007, 11:09 PM
soccer is more popular in the world football is the popular sport in the u.s. by far

Pakalolo
08-25-2007, 10:57 AM
it has to do with the structure. Germany alone has thousands of soccer clubs. It all starts in th BuLi

Bundesliga->2. Bundesliga->Regionalliga Nord/S

Pakalolo
08-25-2007, 11:05 AM
well...to be fair I wouldn't say they are idiots...they just don't have yet to be properly exposed to football.

In the US we have all played soccer at one point in time....you can't say the same about other countries and football though.

they just need someone to show them the light, that's all.
you are so dumb and ignorant it's unbelievable. In Germany everyone who wants to watch American football can do it, it's just that barely anyone wants. Soccer is king, and I doubt that American football will ever increase it's current popularity. It's seen, just like Wrestling as a massively overblown event, and not as a sport.

It's just a cultural thing. I tried several times to watch a NFL game, but couldn't stand all the brakes. To each his own, and more often than not this means soccer.

20 Dimes A Game
08-25-2007, 11:08 AM
But neither make as much as NBA refs.....

thekavorka
08-25-2007, 01:41 PM
no **** that the top 20 nfl teams make more than the top 20 soccer teams.

The whole point about soccer is that there are literally HUNDREDS of teams. Compare the revenue generated by the NFL, CFL, etc to all of the soccer teams in the world.

DeuceWallaces
08-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah, there is a huge distortion here. ALl interest in football and revenue for that matter is focused on 30 teams where as there are hundreds and hundreds of pro soccer teams.

A simple search on the internet shows WOrld CUp ticket sales alone exceed 1 billion dollars and total revenue is 16+ Billion, and that was in '96.

I don't think that is included in the Forbes study.

LJJ
08-25-2007, 03:13 PM
The USA has what, a population of 300 million?
No European country even comes close, so soccer teams make less money.

It's pretty simple.

skillswithaz
08-25-2007, 03:18 PM
lmao @ all of the people getting offended by this thread.

qrich
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Like many have posted, in football, you have a great choice of leagues and games to watch, while in the NFL, theres one league, one choice to watch. In football, you have Series A, La Liga, Premier League, Bundelsiga, French Ligue 1, SuperLig, MLS, Mexican Liga, etc. etc. etc. Put together 30 teams from those leagues and have ONE super league world wide[cancel those other leagues] and I can guarantee you that world football will top the nfl money wise. AC, Inter, Juventes, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Galaxy[Becks $$], Lyon, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the list goes on and on.

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Like many have posted, in football, you have a great choice of leagues and games to watch, while in the NFL, theres one league, one choice to watch. In football, you have Series A, La Liga, Premier League, Bundelsiga, French Ligue 1, SuperLig, MLS, Mexican Liga, etc. etc. etc. Put together 30 teams from those leagues and have ONE super league world wide[cancel those other leagues] and I can guarantee you that world football will top the nfl money wise. AC, Inter, Juventes, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Galaxy[Becks $$], Lyon, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the list goes on and on.
the value of those teams are all listed in the OP

they are below most NFL teams...except for Manchester United

Hawker
08-25-2007, 05:37 PM
higher education?

alot of Europe is very poor.

free health care?

how come they don't have dentists over there?

the schools are much harder in England than the US BUT the school system is better in the US b/c there is more opporunity.

you screw up bad? Go to a community college and work back up again.

Hawker
08-25-2007, 05:42 PM

you arent getting it...If those were the ONLY POSSIBLE TEAMS that you could root for in the whole world of soccer then it would make more money.

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 05:48 PM
the schools are much harder in England than the US BUT the school system is better in the US b/c there is more opporunity.

you screw up bad? Go to a community college and work back up again.
I was about to reply to you post asking me to back up how alot of Europe is poor...

what happened to it?....did you decide it was a dumb question?

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
you arent getting it...If those were the ONLY POSSIBLE TEAMS that you could root for in the whole world of soccer then it would make more money.
those are the teams that play for the World Cup right?:confusedshrug:

am I supposed to include college football as well...

this is just a comparison of the NFL to World Soccer....that doesn't include the MLS or any other league....teams that play for the World Cup

Hawker
08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
I was about to reply to you post asking me to back up how alot of Europe is poor...

what happened to it?....did you decide it was a dumb question?

I had a much better point and it wasnt the question it was stating how dumb of a statment that is, "a lot of Europe is poor" doenst sound very smart and someone would be dumb to believe that from somebody on the internet.

You ALWAYS make random ass statements out of ignorance or back-up.

skillswithaz
08-25-2007, 05:53 PM

thats why its the NFL, not american football. He's comparing the two biggest leagues for the sports.

There are other football teams. What about NCAA football, high school football, AFL, Australian football...

The NFL aren't the only teams we can vote for.

If you guys want to include all of the smaller soccer leagues, then you would need to include all of the smaller football leagues too. And that's not what he's doing. He's simply comparing the two largest leagues.

Hawker
08-25-2007, 05:53 PM

this is just a comparison of the NFL to World Soccer....that doesn't include the MLS or any other league....teams that play for the World Cup

I am not talking about the goddamn world cup. Club teams dont play in the World cup; Only national teams do. Do you see any national teams up there?

If you want to include World cup alone, goddamn that would be a lot of money.

What qrich is saying if you took the top 32 club teams in soccer IN THE WHOLE WORLD and made it into one league and ONLY one league then it would make more money then the NFL.

What I am saying is the value of each of those teams would skyrocket and surpass the NFL teams.

And about NCAA football, those players FEED into NFL football.

those teams would have youth teams.

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
plus team values

this interesting, but you're forgetting an important thing. 32 football teams represent the whole NFL, and almost the whole worldly played american football.

The first 20 football teams in the world are far from being even a slight part of "all the soccer in the world", obviously from the popularity point of view, but als the economical.
To explain what I'm talkin about, I'll tell you how big is the soccer world in Italy only. You can compare it to US. Football.
Each team has an average of 22 players (to help you make the comparison)

Serie A (the first division) is a 20 teams division
Serie B counts 24 teams
Serie C is divided in 5 groups, each of 20 teams
Serie D is divided in.. I think something like 10 groups, each of about 20 teams

These are the national leagues
Each player of each team in each of this groups can live with what he earns from his play. That's almost 8000 players, in Italy.

Then there's the "half-amateurs".
That's to say, in every region (Italy is divided in 20 regions) has:
Eccellenza (10 groups or something)
Promozione (idem)
1st, 2nd, and 3rd categories, eache of some groups.
The teams in this categories are from half professional to "let's catch up with the bar mates and play soccer against other people"
Even so, even the worse of this teams, the one you could build up with your friends to have something to do 3 nights a week, has so much money to waste (something like 10'000 euros every year) that I'm embarassed to say it.

This should explain what I was meaning. US football is super-hyped, filled with money to the bone, but this is (also) because almost the whole economical and social attention of a half continent is directed towards 32 teams.

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I had a much better point and it wasnt the question it was stating how dumb of a statment that is, "a lot of Europe is poor" doenst sound very smart and someone would be dumb to believe that from somebody on the internet.

You ALWAYS make random ass statements out of ignorance or back-up.
wtf??

so ALL of Europe is rich???

obviously there are poor parts of Europe...

but since you asked me to back it up alright....let us compare Europe to the Untited States

United States:

Unemployment : 4.4%
GDP : $13.13 trillion
GDP per capita : $44k
population : 299,811,596

Europe:

Unemployment : 8.8%
GDP : $12.82 trillion(US)
GDP per capita : $29k(US)
population : 710,000,000

In other words, Europe has more than twice as many peoiple than the United States yet we have more money....

the average American has 2x more money than the average Euro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Europe

skillswithaz
08-25-2007, 06:00 PM
this interesting, but you're forgetting an important thing. 32 football teams represent the whole NFL, and almost the whole worldly played american football.

The first 20 football teams in the world are far from being even a slight part of "all the soccer in the world", obviously from the popularity point of view, but als the economical.
To explain what I'm talkin about, I'll tell you how big is the soccer world in Italy only. You can compare it to US. Football.
Each team has an average of 22 players (to help you make the comparison)

Serie A (the first division) is a 20 teams division
Serie B counts 24 teams
Serie C is divided in 5 groups, each of 20 teams
Serie D is divided in.. I think something like 10 groups, each of about 20 teams

These are the national leagues
Each player of each team in each of this groups can live with what he earns from his play. That's almost 8000 players, in Italy.

Then there's the "half-amateurs".
That's to say, in every region (Italy is divided in 20 regions) has:
Eccellenza (10 groups or something)
Promozione (idem)
1st, 2nd, and 3rd categories, eache of some groups.
The teams in this categories are from half professional to "let's catch up with the bar mates and play soccer against other people"
Even so, even the worse of this teams, the one you could build up with your friends to have something to do 3 nights a week, has so much money to waste (something like 10'000 euros every year) that I'm embarassed to say it.

This should explain what I was meaning. US football is super-hyped, filled with money to the bone, but this is (also) because almost the whole economical and social attention of a half continent is directed towards 32 teams.

He's comparing the leagues! Not every single soccer team in the world versus an extremely small portion (yet well marketed) of the world's football teams.

Hawker
08-25-2007, 06:03 PM
wtf??

but since you asked me to back it up alright....let us compare Europe to the Untited States

United States:

Europe:

In other words, Europe has more than twice as many peoiple than the United States yet we have more money....

ok...does that prove they are poor?

Hawker
08-25-2007, 06:04 PM
He's comparing the leagues! Not every single soccer team in the world versus an extremely small portion (yet well marketed) of the world's football teams.

you're not getting it either. If you take attention off all those smaller teams and put them into the bigger leagues then it would make more money.

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-25-2007, 06:04 PM
wtf??

United States:

Europe:

Averages are a bad beast.
Notwithstanding the fact that those average are generated including many countries that are just getting out from a really long period of desperation, you forget the trite joke:

If I have two chickens and you have no chicken, the average says we both have a chicken, while I'm fat and you're starving.
(that means that researches have shown how US, while being at the same time a country with plenty of rich people, has much more poor people than europe, for example)

skillswithaz
08-25-2007, 06:07 PM
you're not getting it either. If you take attention off all those smaller teams and put them into the bigger leagues then it would make more money.

the only thing im not getting is what you just wrote.

if you take attention off of smaller teams (you mean attention as in marketing? how much money the make?) and put them in bigger leagues it would make more money. (but if you took attention away from a team wouldn't it make less money?)

And I think I'm the only one in the thread that does get what Primetime is talking about actually.

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM

what I was trying to say is that it's not an extremely small portion. It almost all the football that exists on the planet. With small exceptions (to which I belong) nobody gives a damn about it outside the us.
I guess soccer is "richer", but money is far more spreaded.
Moreover, people already told you that there's not such a league in europe
the fact is that the concept of "sports league" outside the us doesn't exist.
they're called leagues, or ligas, or Lega, sure, but they've nothing to do with what you think to when you hear Nba or Nfl

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 06:10 PM
ok...does that prove they are poor?
now this is a dumb question....it without a doubt shows that alot of them are poor....8.8% of those 710,000,000 people are unemployed

ALL OF THEM???.....no

some of them?...yes

to be honest, when I think of Europe I think of smelly, unbathed people that don't shave and have bad teeth.

I am now failing to see what you are getting at though....are you trying to claim that none of them are poor?

you said I was dumb to say that alot of Europe is poor....well prove me wrong instead of "just pulling it out of your ass".

the whole point of that statement was to show why it is that the NFL makes more money.....because we have more money

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-25-2007, 06:10 PM
the only thing im not getting is what you just wrote.

if you take attention off of smaller teams (you mean attention as in marketing? how much money the make?) and put them in bigger leagues it would make more money. (but if you took attention away from a team wouldn't it make less money?)

And I think I'm the only one in the thread that does get what Primetime is talking about actually.

What he's trying to say is that if there were only 32 soccer professional soccer teams in the world they would be much richer than how are now the richest 32 soccer teams in the world

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Averages are a bad beast.
Notwithstanding the fact that those average are generated including many countries that are just getting out from a really long period of desperation, you forget the trite joke:

If I have two chickens and you have no chicken, the average says we both have a chicken, while I'm fat and you're starving.
(that means that researches have shown how US, while being at the same time a country with plenty of rich people, has much more poor people than europe, for example)
that is why I included the unemployment %

the United States has a bigger middle class

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-25-2007, 06:23 PM
that is why I included the unemployment %

the United States has a bigger middle class

Uhm. I'm not following you. Apart, again, that you shouldn't take for molten gold those averages, as they include countries like Poland, Romany, Hungary, Bulgary, Turkey.. etc. etc. .. that are in deep trouble (In italy we have an unemployment rate bween 6 and 7 and we consider high in comparison with other european countries.. so I guess there's a much lower rate in east countries, that lowers the average)... what do you mean with middle class?
I think we have less rich people, but we DO have free education and healthcare system.
If someone is poor, here, he is entitled to education and health formally by our Constitution and pratically by laws that permit you to attend universities and receive medical treatment with statal money.
I've never been in the US yet, but I've been told that if someone is poor, there, and not particulary endowed in his field, he won't attend University. And if he is very poor, and ill, he can die, for what the government cares.

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Uhm. I'm not following you. Apart, again, that you shouldn't take for molten gold those averages, as they include countries like Poland, Romany, Hungary, Bulgary, Turkey.. etc. etc. .. that are in deep trouble (In italy we have an unemployment rate bween 6 and 7 and we consider high in comparison with other european countries.. so I guess there's a much lower rate in east countries, that lowers the average)... what do you mean with middle class?
I think we have less rich people, but we DO have free education and healthcare system.
If someone is poor, here, he is entitled to education and health formally by our Constitution and pratically by laws that permit you to attend universities and receive medical treatment with statal money.
I've never been in the US yet, but I've been told that if someone is poor, there, and not particulary endowed in his field, he won't attend University. And if he is very poor, and ill, he can die, for what the government cares.
it is simple...

8.8% of Europe's 710,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 62,480,000 people

4.4% of the United States 300,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 13,200,000 people

thus there are more poor people in Europe than in the United States....the unemployment % proves your theory that "averages are bad" wrong

Out Of Shape
08-25-2007, 06:48 PM
If we have so much more money than them why is that they always turn their noses up at us like we are a bunch of mostly dumb, uneducated, uncultured rednecks?

Europe has a 9% unemployment rate? Wow. :eek: I thought that was just in Germany and France. Combined with that poll that someone posted the other day that has 3 to 4 times as many Americans who are happy with their lives versus the Euros, my view of Europe is really changing.

Hawker
08-25-2007, 10:44 PM
ok primetime...why dont the rich people in europe play football?

That is where your logic if flawed.

Fuhqueue
08-25-2007, 10:49 PM
America in "has lots of money" shocker

qrich
08-25-2007, 11:02 PM

Did you even read my post? Obviously not, because if you did, you would understand that I meant if you take away most of the leagues and only give those who want to watch pro football only those 32 teams or so, the amount those squads make will skyrocket.

I didn't know ManU was a country, nor Inter Milan, nor AC Milan, nor Barcelona, etc. etc. etc. Is there a World Cup of Clubs, yes, but the World Cup is ONLY nations.

What does college football have to do with pro sports? Plus, those college players go into the NFL, while, a real football player in college can go to the MLS, EPL, Serie A, etc. etc. etc.

If you want to compare the NFL to world football, compare how much the World Cup made vs what the NFL makes.

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 11:09 PM
ok primetime...why dont the rich people in europe play football?

That is where your logic if flawed.
I don't understand your question...

I just am trying to say that the NFL makes more money because it is in America....a place that has more money....get it?

people in Europe rich/poor don't play football because there is no football...

are thier schools in Europe with football teams?

-primetime-
08-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Did you even read my post? Obviously not, because if you did, you would understand that I meant if you take away most of the leagues and only give those who want to watch pro football only those 32 teams or so, the amount those squads make will skyrocket.

I didn't know ManU was a country, nor Inter Milan, nor AC Milan, nor Barcelona, etc. etc. etc. Is there a World Cup of Clubs, yes, but the World Cup is ONLY nations.

What does college football have to do with pro sports? Plus, those college players go into the NFL, while, a real football player in college can go to the MLS, EPL, Serie A, etc. etc. etc.

If you want to compare the NFL to world football, compare how much the World Cup made vs what the NFL makes.
what league are all those teams in???

I seriously don't know....I just found that Forbes article that compares the NFL to World soccer....that is all

are those all the EPL teams?

Kiddlovesnets
08-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, it probably indicates that, for marketing, America is better than the sum of the other countries.

Pakalolo
08-26-2007, 12:22 AM

I seriously don't know....I just found that Forbes article that compares the NFL to World soccer....that is all

Milan or Barcelona are in England? Are you really THAT dumb?:hammerhead:

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Milan or Barcelona are in England? Are you really THAT dumb?:hammerhead:
uhhh...did i say they weren't?

i seen hippos
08-26-2007, 12:48 AM
uhhh...did i say they weren't?

So you're saying they are?:confusedshrug:

LowRider236
08-26-2007, 01:21 AM
If we have so much more money than them why is that they always turn their noses up at us like we are a bunch of mostly dumb, uneducated, uncultured rednecks?

Europe has a 9% unemployment rate? Wow. :eek: I thought that was just in Germany and France. Combined with that poll that someone posted the other day that has 3 to 4 times as many Americans who are happy with their lives versus the Euros, my view of Europe is really changing.
who gives a damn ur view is changing
you ARE the dumb, uneducated, uncultured redneck

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Thanks for providing a VERY, VERY, VERY old list -primetime-

I'll only do Top 10, since I can't be screwed doing any more then that. Anyway, the lists don't mean anything. It's just how much teams make per year. It's not a net worth of how much they make. I'm almost certain that if it were, then teams like Chelsea and Barcelona, and even Manchester would have be worth much more then they are. It also deducts for every time a team spends money on a player (Soccer is the worlds highest paying game by a wide margin).

Anyway, this is how the real list looks..

1. Machester United $1,436
2. Real Madrid $1,036
3. Arsenal $915
4. Bayern Munich $838
5. AC Milan $824
6. Juventus $567
7. Inter Milan $555
8. Chelsea $537
9. Barcelona $535
10. Schalke 04 $471

Top 25 (http://www.forbes.com/forbeslife/2007/03/29/biz_07soccer_all_slide_2.html?thisSpeed=15000)

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Also, can you provide revenue for NFL teams -primetime-, I'd like to see how they stack up against the Soccer ones.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Thanks for providing a VERY, VERY, VERY old list -primetime-

2004....3 years old

someone told me that the Cowboys just recently passed the Redskins .....

I know the Cowboys are worth at least 1.1 billion now...

I can't find a 2007 list...I will keep trying though

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 02:00 AM
2004....3 years old

someone told me that the Cowboys just recently passed the Redskins .....

I know the Cowboys are worth at least 1.1 billion now...

I can't find a 2007 list...I will keep trying though

Well, Leeds is bankrupt. A lot happens in 3 years, you know.

Anyway, the highest revenued team is Barcelona at $327 million. I'll post the entire thing later on.

qrich
08-26-2007, 02:17 AM

Ok, at least you admit you don't know where those squads belong too. Not trying to put you down, but thanks for finally admitting something instead of coming back with a pretty bad response to hide it. Here are some of the most popular teams in each major league:

Premier League[England]: Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal
Serie A[Italy]: AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventes, Roma
La Liga[Spain]: Barcelona, Real Madrid
MLS[US obviously]: LA Galaxy
Bundesliga[Germany]: Bayern Munich, Stuttgart
Ligue 1[France]: Lyon
Eredivisie[Holland]: PSV Eindhoven, AFC Ajax
Russian Premier League: CSKA MoscowDynamo Moscow
S

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 02:19 AM
^

Juventus is in the second league.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE=qrich]Ok, at least you admit you don't know where those squads belong too. Not trying to put you down, but thanks for finally admitting something instead of coming back with a pretty bad response to hide it. Here are some of the most popular teams in each major league:

Premier League[England]: Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal
Serie A[Italy]: AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventes, Roma
La Liga[Spain]: Barcelona, Real Madrid
MLS[US obviously]: LA Galaxy
Bundesliga[Germany]: Bayern Munich, Stuttgart
Ligue 1[France]: Lyon
Eredivisie[Holland]: PSV Eindhoven, AFC Ajax
Russian Premier League: CSKA MoscowDynamo Moscow
S

qrich
08-26-2007, 02:24 AM
^

Juventus is in the second league.

Juve was in the Serie B, but they have been promoted back last I heard.

Wiki:
[QUOTE]With the exception of one season,[4] the club has spent its entire history in the top flight of Italian football.[5] After winning Serie B, Juventus were promoted back to Serie A for the 2007

qrich
08-26-2007, 02:28 AM
ok so that was a list of the top 20 teams from ALL the leagues???

so now I can see why that would not include the world cup because the world cup is different...all the players from those leagues get together and play for thier home country right?

That was some of the most popular from the major leagues.

Correct, the World Cup is like the World Basketball Championships, or whatever. Doesn't matter if your Brazilian but play in Italy for a club, because if you are on the World Cup or National Team, your going to play for them. Example: Kaka and Ronaldinho are both Brazillian and play for Brazil, but Kaka is currently playing in Italy while Ronaldinho is playing in Spain, but when the World Cup or other national games roll aorund, they'll play for Brazil.[Sorry, I know it was sort of confusing, just tired]

NOW, there is a World Cup for Club teams, but it's not very popular yet.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 02:29 AM
ok I get it now....

they say this at the end:

NFL totals (32 Teams) $23,443
NFL totals (Top 20 Teams) $15,881
World Soccer totals (20 Teams) $8,853
Number of "Leeds United" equivalent teams needed to equal NFL valuation / revenue: 99

according to you guys Leeds is now bankrupt but in 2004 they were worth $150 mill....

so they are saying that there would have to be 99 more teams worth $150 mill in World soccer to equal the NFL....but there are not 99 more worth that much.

so in 2004 the NFL was worth more than ALL soccer clubs combined...although that could be different now in 2007 with Beckham and everything

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Juve was in the Serie B, but they have been promoted back last I heard.

Wiki:

Didn't they have a 15 point deduction from the Serie B league as well though, or did they win the league by more then 15 points? Sorry, I haven't had a look at the Italian league standings or results in a LONG time. They were at the 3rd game of the season when I last checked.

qrich
08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Didn't they have a 15 point deduction from the Serie B league as well though, or did they win the league by more then 15 points? Sorry, I haven't had a look at the Italian league standings or results in a LONG time. They were at the 3rd game of the season when I last checked.

I'm in the same boat as you, I was talking with friends, and they said they were promoted for winning the Serie B, but I thought they lost it with the decution and according to Wiki, they have been promoted.

It's sad how most people know AC, Inter, Roma, Juve but the Serie A hardly gets any coverage.

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
ok I get it now....

Number of "Leeds United" equivalent teams needed to equal NFL valuation / revenue: 99

according to you guys Leeds is now bankrupt but in 2004 they were worth $150 mill....

so they are saying that there would have to be 99 more teams worth $150 mill in World soccer to equal the NFL....but there are not 99 more worth that much.

so in 2004 the NFL was worth more than ALL soccer clubs combined...although that could be different now in 2007 with Beckham and everything

I said it before..

I'll only do Top 10, since I can't be screwed doing any more then that. Anyway, the lists don't mean anything. It's just how much teams make per year. It's not a net worth of how much they make. I'm almost certain that if it were, then teams like Chelsea and Barcelona, and even Manchester would have be worth much more then they are. It also deducts for every time a team spends money on a player (Soccer is the worlds highest paying game by a wide margin).

They don't take everything into effect. Like for instance, the money gets deducted when you spend it on a player. No league in the world, except for probably MLS has a salary cap like the American Sports do, and the price of players now is well above anything the NFL players are getting paid. If they didn't subtract the money they spent on players, I can tell you that this list wouldn't even be close.

Barcelona and Real Madrid for instance would have at least another 200+ million added onto them. As would Chelsea, who have the highest paying (to players) management in the world.

The NFL is controlled by the salary cap, meaning they would be much lower in this list in terms of team value had they been allowed to spend however much they wanted on players like every club in Europe is allowed.

Understand?

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
I said it before..

They don't take everything into effect. Like for instance, the money gets deducted when you spend it on a player. No league in the world, except for probably MLS has a salary cap like the American Sports do, and the price of players now is well above anything the NFL players are getting paid. If they didn't subtract the money they spent on players, I can tell you that this list wouldn't even be close.

Barcelona and Real Madrid for instance would have at least another 200+ million added onto them. As would Chelsea, who have the highest paying (to players) management in the world.

The NFL is controlled by the salary cap, meaning they would be much lower in this list in terms of team value had they been allowed to spend however much they wanted on players like every club in Europe is allowed.

Understand?
yeah...I can understand how it takes more money to run more teams and shorting it to only 32 teams would attract all the fans that did not have a team...true

and the point on the salary cap is true as well...I have no idea what the salary cap is in soccer but I will take your word for it that they make more than NFL players I guess....although I could have sworn I saw that Peyton Manning was the #2 highest paid athlete last year...but I believe you...

btw... 5000 posts

yeah to me!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m4/_primetime__photos/5000dollarbill.jpg

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 02:46 AM
btw... 5000 posts

yeah to me!

Congratulations.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 02:52 AM
Congratulations.
thank you thank you thank you

anyways...

someone needs to hunt down a 2007 NFL value list...I can't find one...I want to see how much my Boys are worth these days and if they are #1 now

i also wouldn't mind seeing how much the Yankees are worth...

LowRider236
08-26-2007, 02:55 AM
yeah...I can understand how it takes more money to run more teams and shorting it to only 32 teams would attract all the fans that did not have a team...true

and the point on the salary cap is true as well...I have no idea what the salary cap is in soccer but I will take your word for it that they make more than NFL players I guess....although I could have sworn I saw that Peyton Manning was the #2 highest paid athlete last year...but I believe you...

btw... 5000 posts

yeah to me!

good for u, damn hillybilly redneck.
have you bred with ur sister yet?
damn amerikans.

AtTheDriveIn
08-26-2007, 03:00 AM
damn amerikans.

:confusedshrug: Where are you from?

Jackass18
08-26-2007, 03:01 AM
He's lives on the corner of Desperate and Lonely.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 03:06 AM
damn amerikans.
you must really hate your life....

do us all a favor and jump off a building....your life is headed that way anyway.

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-26-2007, 04:57 AM
it is simple...

8.8% of Europe's 710,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 62,480,000 people

4.4% of the United States 300,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 13,200,000 people

thus there are more poor people in Europe than in the United States....the unemployment % proves your theory that "averages are bad" wrong

Uhm. It seems there's some things you don't know. An unemployed person in Italy is of course poor in comparison with one who has a job, but if by poor we mean someone who has troubles to live (not to live well and have a plasma tv. just live), then he is not.
An unemployed person still receives the same medical treatments that workers have for free (and that's something that doesn't happen in the US, correct me if I'm wrong).. the son of an unemployed person can attend university without having to contract a debt with the institutions.. and the unemployed, proven that he is trying to find a job, can receive something called "unemployement cheque", statal money given to get the minimum necessary to live a decent life.

Pakalolo
08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
ok I get it now....

you don't get it; there are literally thousands and thousands of soccer teams. And also, you should take into account, that you have to differentiate between league and international play. So, you also have to include the money the FIFA generates at the WC or UEFA (European soccer federation) at the EC, ...

Also, you have to include the national federations. The DFB (German federation) for example got an offer from NIKE to pay 500 mill. Euros for an eight year contract to supply the equipment for the German national team, instead of Adidas. The DFB has nearly 7 million members, and I'm pretty sure that they generate several hundred million dollars per year. And so on...

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Uhm. It seems there's some things you don't know. An unemployed person in Italy is of course poor in comparison with one who has a job, but if by poor we mean someone who has troubles to live (not to live well and have a plasma tv. just live), then he is not.
An unemployed person still receives the same medical treatments that workers have for free (and that's something that doesn't happen in the US, correct me if I'm wrong).. the son of an unemployed person can attend university without having to contract a debt with the institutions.. and the unemployed, proven that he is trying to find a job, can receive something called "unemployement cheque", statal money given to get the minimum necessary to live a decent life.
ok...

Americans recieve "unemployment" and "welfare" money though...

hey, I am not trying to say that Euros are poor, the whole point was to point out that the US has more money than all of Europe so that should be an indicator as to why the NFL makes so much money when compared to soccer...that's all.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 02:18 PM
you don't get it; there are literally thousands and thousands of soccer teams. And also, you should take into account, that you have to differentiate between league and international play. So, you also have to include the money the FIFA generates at the WC or UEFA (European soccer federation) at the EC, ...

Also, you have to include the national federations. The DFB (German federation) for example got an offer from NIKE to pay 500 mill. Euros for an eight year contract to supply the equipment for the German national team, instead of Adidas. The DFB has nearly 7 million members, and I'm pretty sure that they generate several hundred million dollars per year. And so on...
yeah but those thousands and thousands do not add up to 99 teams worth $150 mill each....most of those teams are worth nothing

I understand your point about the world cup though, and I agree with it.

dgbigballer9329
08-26-2007, 02:30 PM
People trying to find excuses for the NFL being top dog. Which it is.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 02:36 PM
why is my post count below 5000 today?

just noticed that...

oh well

sunsfan1357
08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
In regards to this whole Europe/US rich poor thing why are we comparing the unemployment rate of a continent to a country?

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 03:19 PM
In regards to this whole Europe/US rich poor thing why are we comparing the unemployment rate of a continent to a country?
I said that part of the reason the the NFL makes so much in comparison to euro soccer is because the US has more money and there are so many poor areas in Europe...

Hawker said "prove it"....so I did

Europe has more than twice the population of the United States and the US has more money and a lower unemployment rate...8.8% compared to 4.4% are unemployed...

Hawker
08-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I said that part of the reason the the NFL makes so much in comparison to euro soccer is because the US has more money and there are so many poor areas in Europe...

Europe has more than twice the population of the United States and the US has more money and a lower unemployment rate...8.8% compared to 4.4% are unemployed...

That didnt prove they were poor just less rich than the US.

The NFL isnt top dog in the world that's for sure.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 05:24 PM
That didnt prove they were poor just less rich than the US.

The NFL isnt top dog in the world that's for sure.
lol...there are plenty of poor people in Europe....give it up

it proved there are more unemployed "poor" areas in Europe than in the US

and the NFL isn't the top sport, but it is the top sport's league in the world.

combining all the soccer leagues in the world vs. the NFL isn't very fair....I didn't include college football and college football makes an ass load of money.....there are arena league football teams worth more than alot of soccer clubs.

Hawker
08-26-2007, 05:40 PM
lol...there are plenty of poor people in Europe....give it up

it proved there are more unemployed "poor" areas in Europe than in the US

and the NFL isn't the top sport, but it is the top sport's league in the world.

combining all the soccer leagues in the world vs. the NFL isn't very fair....I didn't include college football and college football makes an ass load of money.....there are arena league football teams worth more than alot of soccer clubs.

1. nope...

2. Once again, quit making statements like these with no back-up.

Of course there are plenty poor people in europe just like there are plenty poor people in the USA.

Wealthy people do exist in Europe however they still dont play football. That's where your logic is flawed.

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
1. nope...
name "one" single soccer league worth more please...it seems that you are now the one talking out of your ass

2. Once again, quit making statements like these with no back-up.

are you saying that arena football teams are not worth as much as "any" soccer team?...do I really need to back that common sense statement up for you?....you are a jack ass....I said that there are poor areas in Europe and you asked me to back that up now you want me to compare arena footaball values to the lowest of soccer....give me a fu-ckin break....do I need to have scientific proof that the sky is blue for you?

Wealthy people do exist in Europe however they still dont play football. That's where your logic is flawed.
explain...

when did I say that all rich people play football?

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
here you go HawkShit

[I]Recent growth suggests the AFL has made the right moves for some time now:

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
ok...

Americans recieve "unemployment" and "welfare" money though...

hey, I am not trying to say that Euros are poor, the whole point was to point out that the US has more money than all of Europe so that should be an indicator as to why the NFL makes so much money when compared to soccer...that's all.

and I was trying to point that, even if probably what you are saying is kinda true, it's quite strange to say a country is "rich" or not. US has probably more money, yep... but I was trying to help you notice that "more money" isn't necessarily "richer". I don't know if I was able too.

However, the comparison remains strange.. but it's another part of the discussion..

-primetime-
08-26-2007, 07:41 PM
and I was trying to point that, even if probably what you are saying is kinda true, it's quite strange to say a country is "rich" or not. US has probably more money, yep... but I was trying to help you notice that "more money" isn't necessarily "richer". I don't know if I was able too.

However, the comparison remains strange.. but it's another part of the discussion..
I understand that....but when you do the math between population and unemployment rate you can see that Europe is definatly "poorer" than the US.

I can't say that one is richer than the other but I can say that there are more poverty stricken areas in Europe than in the U.S....does that make sense?

orfeomorfeo-ita
08-26-2007, 08:32 PM
I understand that....but when you do the math between population and unemployment rate you can see that Europe is definatly "poorer" than the US.

I can't say that one is richer than the other but I can say that there are more poverty stricken areas in Europe than in the U.S....does that make sense?

a little more. Even if we should take consideration of many other things... first of all we should define "poor". And don't you think it's that easy :)
Poor could be one who earns less than a certain amount every year. But it's an incomplete vision of the matter. You could divide that amount for a number, different in every country, because life has a different cost in every country, and a poor person in one place could , earning the same money, become a king in another (this is an important explanation in immigration phenomena)..The different cost in the countries is important. Try and imagine that it's important even INSIDE a country: in Italy, life cost is very different from north to south. A HS teacher has a statal contract, so he earns the same wages if he lives in Milan or Naples.. but what he can do with that money in those two cities is really different.
And so it is in the US. Your wages are surely higher, for jobs of the same level, but you also spend much more to live. That's all the numbers you have to take in consideration.. food, house, school and hospital costs are very different from country to country.
you could even have to add to the formula the fact that he who produces his own food doesn't "earn" anything but at the end of the year he's certainly a bit richer...

In the end, I think you're probably right, for the developement of tech and the availability of natural sources is so higher for US.. but you shouldn't underestimate how poor are the US poors. in Europe they usually says that we may have more poor people, but each of them is less poor than an american one. I don't know if it's completely right, but it does have a point.

Have you seen "the pursuit of happiness", an american movie directed by an italian?

Pakalolo
08-27-2007, 08:56 AM

I don't know what numbers you use, but the EU has 493 milion inhabitants compared to the 300 million in the USA. Both 'unions' have roughly the same money (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29), despite the fact that such economical powers like Slowenien, Cyprus or Lithuania are part of the EU. On average an American has more money than a 'European', but the difference is not THAT much. You are right that the unemployment rate in the EU is significantly higher than in the USA, but you should remember that in the USA many people work for less money than, someone in Germany f.e. gets as welfare, when he is unemployed.

Also, the gap between the poor aand rich in the USA is much higher than in most of the EU, and really threatening the economy (http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0614/p01s03-usec.html).