PDA

View Full Version : Is this chick stupid or something?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-15-2007, 08:21 PM
She's a friend of mine, she's not white (won't specify the race, not important) and she is studied abroad and fell in love with a European who is 12 years older than she is...

well she got into a fight with her parents saying she is too young and that they want her to marry into their own ethnicity.. yadda yadda.

she was complaining to me and I was just being a friend and consoling/supporting her.

but she said something really stupid... I didn't say this to her because it would not have been relevant, but it was so stupid that I felt I had to write this on ISH... weird...

anyway

she said her parents forbade her from dating a white guy.

she responded: "he's not white. He's European! Italian to be exact."

:banghead:

ALBballer
09-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Some people (Italians themselves) don't consider Italians to be white. Granted it also depends on the area of Italy the person is coming from. For example, people from Northern Italy (Milan for argument sakes) tend to be fairer in skin color and are more nordic looking then say someone from Sicily or Calabrese (southern Italy) who are typically more darker in skin and hair color.

What she said isn't really that dumb.

LongBeachLakers
09-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Irish and Italians weren

LongBeachLakers
09-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Would you consider this Italian (Sicilian) woman white?
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/909/giovannapercent7e0339po5.jpg

final.wrath
09-15-2007, 09:36 PM

forget that racist ho. she has no idea what shes talking about.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
wow I had no idea Southern Italians were so... Mediterranean...

the only Italians I have had dealings with are out of Tuscany.. Florence to be exact.

final.wrath
09-15-2007, 09:39 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard sicilians were consistently raped and pillaged by moorish invaders, who were black. and thats why southern italians have darker skin tones.

skillswithaz
forget that racist ho. she has no idea what shes talking about.
it's his friend not his girl...

is this guy I just quoted stupid or something?

Hawker
common mistake VC...i wouldnt call either of you stupid.

but then again...the italian guy might actually be one of those white italians.

LongBeachLakers
http://www.tampasnackbar.com/images/WhiteTrash/WhiteTrash.jpg

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-15-2007, 09:43 PM
correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard sicilians were consistently raped and pillaged by moorish invaders, who were black. and thats why southern italians have darker skin tones.

like Othello?

TMacsOneGoodEye
09-15-2007, 10:12 PM
VC always coming with the race issues.

Dudes got an agenda.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-15-2007, 10:13 PM
if so, what is my agenda specifically?

what racial flames am I fanning here?

Richie2k6
09-15-2007, 10:46 PM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/909/giovannapercent7e0339po5.jpg
McGrady's sister? :confusedshrug:

FinishHim!
11-15-2013, 12:55 AM
I am 110% certain this story is true. :biggums:

TheReal Kendall
11-15-2013, 12:58 AM
This story is 6 years old

IamRAMBO24
11-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Wait so you're "friends" with girls?

flipogb
11-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Filipino girl ?

Meticode
11-15-2013, 08:37 AM
:oldlol: at people replying to a 6 year old thread.

Nick Young
11-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Some people (Italians themselves) don't consider Italians to be white. Granted it also depends on the area of Italy the person is coming from. For example, people from Northern Italy (Milan for argument sakes) tend to be fairer in skin color and are more nordic looking then say someone from Sicily or Calabrese (southern Italy) who are typically more darker in skin and hair color.

What she said isn't really that dumb.
All native Italians are white, regardless of what they consider themselves.

rufuspaul
11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
:oldlol: at people replying to a 6 year old thread.

:oldlol: And VCDAPTW one at that!

MavsSuperFan
11-15-2013, 12:36 PM
wow I had no idea Southern Italians were so... Mediterranean...

the only Italians I have had dealings with are out of Tuscany.. Florence to be exact.
iirc alot of europeans from southern europe have significant amounts of arab or african DNA. Because of the Moorish conquests during the middle ages. It was until later that europeans managed to re-conqueror significant portions of spain and other parts of southern europe.

BarberSchool
11-16-2013, 06:06 PM
iirc alot of europeans from southern europe have significant amounts of arab or african DNA. Because of the Moorish conquests during the middle ages. It was until later that europeans managed to re-conqueror significant portions of spain and other parts of southern europe.very true, but mind you this "african" blood is never sub-saharan african (aka black african), any and all historic north african blood in spain, france, italy, etc is Of Arab, Berber, Tuareg, or Moorish origin.

Brunch@Five
11-16-2013, 06:22 PM
even tuscan Italians (or Etruscans, more specifically) are descendants of oriental (or what now is Turkey) tribes that migrated some 3000 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_civilization

Inactive
11-16-2013, 07:14 PM
iirc alot of europeans from southern europe have significant amounts of arab or african DNA. Because of the Moorish conquests during the middle ages. It was until later that europeans managed to re-conqueror significant portions of spain and other parts of southern europe.

very true, but mind you this "african" blood is never sub-saharan african (aka black african), any and all historic north african blood in spain, france, italy, etc is Of Arab, Berber, Tuareg, or Moorish origin.The Arab*/North African influence on southern Europe goes back much further than that. Sicily was fought over by Greeks, and Phoenicians prior to the Punic wars. Some of the larger cities in Spain were Phoenician colonies e.g Barcelona (named after the Barcid clan, of which Hannibal is the most famous member), and Cartagena (New Carthage). Greeks* built cities along the coast in North Africa, and the Levant. There were exchanges of culture, trade, and genetics, throughout the Mediterranean, since before written history.

Italians (many of them at least) have been swarthy, olive skinned mofos for at least 2000 years.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Meister_des_Portr%C3%A4ts_des_Paquius_Proculus_001 .jpg/203px-Meister_des_Portr%C3%A4ts_des_Paquius_Proculus_001 .jpg
Portrait Terentius Neo and his wife. Pompeii, AD 55

B-Low
11-16-2013, 07:20 PM
VC I hope your new username still finds these replies very helpful

lilbeastnani
11-17-2013, 05:35 PM
VC I hope your new username still finds these replies very helpful
:oldlol:

Ai2death
11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
She's a friend of mine, she's not white (won't specify the race, not important) and she is studied abroad and fell in love with a European who is 12 years older than she is...

well she got into a fight with her parents saying she is too young and that they want her to marry into their own ethnicity.. yadda yadda.

she was complaining to me and I was just being a friend and consoling/supporting her.

but she said something really stupid... I didn't say this to her because it would not have been relevant, but it was so stupid that I felt I had to write this on ISH... weird...

anyway

she said her parents forbade her from dating a white guy.

:banghead:

This is the stupidest part about this.

Maniak
11-17-2013, 08:49 PM
a majority of posters on this site probably don't know who he is.

outbreak
11-17-2013, 09:06 PM
A lot of italians have dark enough skin to pass as middle eastern/indian. I've known some who have darker skin than latinos and asians.

undertaker21
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
That was probably the point of bumping it. Just a thought.