PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron and Kobe flip-flopped spots, which team becomes better or worse?

Valiant Valor
09-16-2007, 05:11 AM
Cavs won 50 last year with LeBron.

Lakers won like 43 games with Kobe.

Does any one team become significantly worse or better if this exchange happened?

BankShot
09-16-2007, 05:27 AM
good question

i'm gonna say that the Lakers offense could be better with Lebon instead of Kobe. Lebron/Odom/Bynum would be one of the best passing front-courts in the league which would really make the offense flow nicely.

Heretik32
09-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Both teams improve; the Lakers would benefit from Lebron's more unselfish play, while the Cavs would benefit from Kobe not giving the scrubs around him unnecessary shots.

Valiant Valor
09-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Both teams improve; the Lakers would benefit from Lebron's more unselfish play, while the Cavs would benefit from Kobe not giving the scrubs around him unnecessary shots.
For real, how is this even possible?

wally_world
09-16-2007, 06:07 AM
good question

i'm gonna say that the Lakers offense could be better with Lebon instead of Kobe. Lebron/Odom/Bynum would be one of the best passing front-courts in the league which would really make the offense flow nicely.

true... and the Cavs might improve since they do not have much other scoring options so LeBron's passing ability is redundant... Kobe can shoot all he want...

Comedy Central
09-16-2007, 06:09 AM
Good question and indeed a very difficult one.

I think both teams have reasons to improve after a swap of their superstars and it's hard to estimate which one would improve more

Argument for Kobe:

He played in the west with a supporting cast that was no better than Lebron's, taking into account of Odom and Mihm's injuries and Kwame's incompetence, that 43 wins is even more impressive to me. So I think If he played in the East it would be possible for him to lead a team like the Cavs to 50+ wins (it does sound weird but the difference in competetiveness between the two conference is huge)

Argument for Lebron:

Skillwise Kobe is more complete but Lebron is a much better team player, adding him on any team should be a great boost on team chemistry both on and off the court, he should fit into the triangle really well.

Kblaze8855
09-16-2007, 06:14 AM
I remember for a good while people would point out that the Cavs had a better record vs the West than the Lakers did vs the east. Not sure what year that was though.

Anyway...neither team makes a major change. Not sure the Cavs get past the Pistons though. They lose that game where Lebron scored like 30 of their last 33 I doubt they win the series. And thats not a performance you can just assume an equally talented player could do on command.

But in general neither team does anything they couldnt do with the other.

abuC
09-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I remember for a good while people would point out that the Cavs had a better record vs the West than the Lakers did vs the east. Not sure what year that was though.

I believe they've had a better record against the West the last two years.

OneWay
09-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Cavs - 73 wins
Lakers - 14 wins

Would you stop comparing Kobe and LeBron, you knucklehead?

Poseidon
09-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Kobe in the East would make the Cavs a 52-55 win team and probably a #1 seed.

The Lakers (w/ LeBron) won't even make the playoffs.

It's not really the players themselves, but the conference they would be playing in.

The better question is.....can you ever discuss basketball w/o bring up LeBron's name?

Poseidon
09-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Cavs - 73 wins
Lakers - 14 wins

Would you stop comparing Kobe and LeBron, you knucklehead?

He can't help it. The little doucher has been banned multiple times and he keeps coming back like a bad yeast infection.

Nice avatar BTW. NWO 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lebron23
09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Kobe vs. Lebron Head to Head match up

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h.cgi?req=1&playoffs=N&p1=jamesle01&p2=bryanko01

Lebron James - 26.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, , 7.0 APG, 1.4 SPG

Kobe Bryant- 24.6 PPG, 4.3 RPG, , 4.1 APG, 1.6 SPG

Lebron James lead the series 4-3

OneWay
09-16-2007, 11:32 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h.cgi?req=1&playoffs=N&p1=jamesle01&p2=bryanko01

The thing is that Kobe got injured 2 times against LeBron and he only played 6 minutes one game and 17 minutes the other game.
That kind of makes him stats looks a lot worse.

Anyway, you folks watching Unforgiven tonite?

Lebron23
09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
The thing is that Kobe got injured 2 times against LeBron and he only played 6 minutes one game and 17 minutes the other game.
That kind of makes him stats looks a lot worse.

Anyway, you folks watching Unforgiven tonite?

I would be messing around the head of poseidon because he is trolling around in this thread. Anyway, I hope i can watch Unforgiven if you will give me some free links.

Back on the topic.

Kobe is better if he will play the supporting role for a 1st tier NBA Superstar, he is already 29 yrs.old and he is now currently in his prime and i cannot see him improving more in his game. While Kobe in the Cavs is actually good but he is still a selfish ball hog and if will only cause a problem in the teams chemistry.

Kobe will never make it in the 2nd round as the leader of his team because he is not getting his teammates involve in their offense and he attempted so many shoots in the regular season.

The Los Angeles Lakers are actually a better team than the Cleveland Cavaliers because they have an experience coach, who won 9 NBA Championship under his tutelage. Kobe Bryant might be the greatest scorer since Michael Jordan but he never have the leadership and innate ability of his airness. They already have Lamar Odom and Caron Butler in their lineup together a couple of season ago but the Lakers still cannot win a 1st round series againts the Phoenix Suns.

Make It Rain
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I would be messing around the head of poseidon because he is trolling around in this thread. Anyway, I hope i can watch armageddon if you will give me some free links.

Back on the topic.

Kobe is better if he will play the supporting role for a 1st tier NBA Superstar, he is already 29 yrs.old and he is now currently in his prime and i cannot see him improving more in his game. While Kobe in the Cavs is actually good but he is still a selfish ball hog and if will only cause a problem in the teams chemistry.

Exactly.

OneWay
09-16-2007, 11:43 AM
www.sportsonpc.com
Free link should be there.

Lebron23
09-16-2007, 11:44 AM
www.sportsonpc.com
Free link should be there.

Ok, thanks and i hope that Randy Orton will beat John Cena for the WWE championship. I am also expecting Batista or Rey Mysterio winning the WHC againts the 7'3 stiff name Great Khali.

OneWay
09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Ok, thanks and i hope that Randy Orton will beat John Cena for the WWE championship. I am also expecting Batista or Rey Mysterio winning the WHC againts the 7'3 stiff name Great Khali.

As much as I'd want it to happen, I don't see Orton beating the "Superman".
And Khali will lose his title, definitely.

Poseidon
09-16-2007, 11:59 AM
As much as I'd want it to happen, I don't see Orton beating the "Superman".
And Khali will lose his title, definitely.

I'm hearing rumors that Orton might actually win tonight, setting up a feud with HHH. I think Cena might be taking some time off.....so look for the kick to the head to "knock" Cena out of action for a couple of months.

We can only hope because Cena (and Vince McMahon's stupid story lines) have completely ruined the WWE.

At this point, I enjoy watching TNA more than WWE.

Real Men Wear Green
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm going to ask you to please not make the exact same topic in a million different forms. Yes, Lebron James is a great player. Is he better than Kobe Bryant? Maybe, but making stupid, repetitive, irritating topics and doing a piss-poor job of concealing your agenda will do nothing to prove him any better or worse. There is absolutely no chance that a topic made by you gets him the MVP award. So calm down. If I see any more than one LeBron James topic made by you in a week I'm going to delete it. I may not act immediately because I have a lot of other responsibilities but I promise you that every time I log on I check every topic that has been made since my last post. Your LeBron James obsession is just another form of spam that leads to ISH having the exact same tired discussion over and over again, and I (am many others) am tired of it. So knock it off. I'll leave this topic alone, so you can just keep your James topics in here. Or I can delete them. Your choice.

OneWay
09-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm hearing rumors that Orton might actually win tonight, setting up a feud with HHH. I think Cena might be taking some time off.....so look for the kick to the head to "knock" Cena out of action for a couple of months.

We can only hope because Cena (and Vince McMahon's stupid story lines) have completely ruined the WWE.

That would be pure awesomeness. :rockon:

Lebron23
09-16-2007, 12:11 PM

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/r/rickybanderas/05.jpg

Judas Mesias Character is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VM_CTmbWtE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBzg92MYjxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwi1xbZ8vhU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ONb0D6saM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5GssxaMTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-waVW8TC2k

I like that character. It seems like he's come from the depths of Hell to spread the blood of the innocent.

Just so you know, I'm a fan of supernatural, gothic, demonic gimmicks when done right. Look at Undertaker. That's not the only reason why I'm an Undertaker fan though, but he has personified that character.

that look was impressive, I said WTF out loud when I saw a knife piercing through the ring and he comes out with no pupils and blood flowing out of his mouth (kind of reminds me of Legion from Shadowman). I didn't care much for his attire though, I thought he would come out in black tights that had symbols on them with some studs on it. lol, i'm not even much of a tna fan, but I'm glad I watched that show that night.

Judas Mesias is no exception. I expect a big future from him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEN-P3WJJk&mode=user&search=

TNA: The Debut Of Judas Mesias

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-16-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm going to ask you to please not make the exact same topic in a million different forms. Yes, Lebron James is a great player. Is he better than Kobe Bryant? Maybe, but making stupid, repetitive, irritating topics and doing a piss-poor job of concealing your agenda will do nothing to prove him any better or worse. There is absolutely no chance that a topic made by you gets him the MVP award. So calm down. If I see any more than one LeBron James topic made by you in a week I'm going to delete it. I may not act immediately because I have a lot of other responsibilities but I promise you that every time I log on I check every topic that has been made since my last post. Your LeBron James obsession is just another form of spam that leads to ISH having the exact same tired discussion over and over again, and I (am many others) am tired of it. So knock it off. I'll leave this topic alone, so you can just keep your James topics in here. Or I can delete them. Your choice.

now THATS what a mod is supposed to do.
thanks.

MaxFly
09-16-2007, 12:46 PM

Wow... just another example of why it's hard to have an honest debate with certain posters. Some people will do and say anything to win an argument.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-16-2007, 01:00 PM

did you even look at your own link?
if so, you would have noticed that in the 2 (of 7 total games), Kobe only a played a grand total of 23 minutes. Do you think that impacted the stats you posted? did you think no one would catch you on that?

Uchiha_Hai
09-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Better question would be, "If Lakers were in the East, Cavs in the West?"

Make It Rain
09-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Better question would be, "If Lakers were in the East, Cavs in the West?"
I'd still take the Cavs. LeBron has proved he can win ballgames with less. Even though the cast surrounding Kobe is better, he lacks leadership.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I'd still take the Cavs. LeBron has proved he can win ballgames with less. Even though the cast surrounding Kobe is better, he lacks leadership.

yea, Kobe's cast of Smush Parker, Kwame, & Luke is just outstanding!!!
Odom > Gooden
that's it.
as for leadership, Kobe led his injury riddled pack of scrubs to the playoffs, for the 2nd year in a row, in the tough West Conf, only to meet a very very good Suns team. When your starters include Smush and Kwame, yet you still make it to the playoffs in the West, then your leader deserves big props.

Make It Rain
09-16-2007, 03:04 PM
yea, Kobe's cast of Smush Parker, Kwame, & Luke is just outstanding!!!
Odom > Gooden
that's it.
as for leadership, Kobe led his injury riddled pack of scrubs to the playoffs, for the 2nd year in a row, in the tough West Conf, only to meet a very very good Suns team. When your starters include Smush and Kwame, yet you still make it to the playoffs in the West, then your leader deserves big props.
The Cavs have a very good record against the West. Try again.

Some Laker fan you are to call your team scrubs. I'm gonna guess that you're a Kobe fan first, and a Laker fan second.

Anyhow, Luke Walton and Lamar Odom are very good players. I'd give up Larry Hughes and Big Z or Gooden for those two. Then look at how good Cleveland would be.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM

Some Laker fan you are to call your team scrubs. I'm gonna guess that you're a Kobe fan first, and a Laker fan second.

Anyhow, Luke Walton and Lamar Odom are very good players. I'd give up Larry Hughes and Big Z or Gooden for those two. Then look at how good Cleveland would be.

Lebron did an outstanding job of leading his team to the finals. outstanding.

been a Laker fan since...well, probably before you were born.
Lakers had 3 starters who probably not start for most teams.

honestly, who would you rather have:
Hughes/Booby or Smush/Farmar ???
BigZ/Varejao or Kwame/Bynum ???
Pavlovic/Marshall or Luke/Evans ???
Honestly !

Bynum has real potential, but is not yet there. Otherwise...

yes, you can be a fan and still call your team scrubs. my goodness, they START Smush & Kwame.

Poseidon
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM

Mods....

I'd donate $25 to this site if you perma-ban this idiot forever!!!

I'm serious.

Jimmy2k8
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM

hmm. Yea, and those Western Conference "teams" happen to be bad WC teams btw.

4-5 record against strong WC teams. by strong, I mean 1-5 seeding.

YAWN
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Exactly.

:roll:
someone was actually dumb enough to agree with that statement. wow.

CristianoVirtuos
09-16-2007, 07:28 PM
someone was actually dumb enough to agree with that statement. wow.

It doesn't get any dumber than Make It Rain.....

K.Koscik
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM

Not in the playoffs they don't. 0-4 isn't it?

Make It Rain
09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Uh oh here come the Kobe fanboys on the rampage.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Uh oh here come the Kobe fanboys on the rampage.

You dont have to be a Kobe fan to recognize your BS. your non-response speaks volumes.

Valiant Valor
09-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Lebron did an outstanding job of leading his team to the finals. outstanding.

been a Laker fan since...well, probably before you were born.
Lakers had 3 starters who probably not start for most teams.

honestly, who would you rather have:
Hughes/Booby or Smush/Farmar ???
BigZ/Varejao or Kwame/Bynum ???
Pavlovic/Marshall or Luke/Evans ???
Honestly !

Bynum has real potential, but is not yet there. Otherwise...

yes, you can be a fan and still call your team scrubs. my goodness, they START Smush & Kwame.
So if Kobe is better than LeBron like you say, here's how the comparison match-up works from best to worse players on each team:

Kobe > LeBron

Odom > Hughes

Smush < Z

Walton = Gooden

Kwame = Palovic

Lakers Bench < Cavs Bench

Lakers coach >> Cavs coach

So there you go. If I listen to you, anytime you start a comparison between these two teams, the Lakers OBVIOUSLY have the best 2 players when doing so. Kobe/Odom are better than any given set of two players the Cavs have...atleast according to you.

So how do you believe the Cavs have better talent?

Brunch@Five
09-16-2007, 10:11 PM
GTFO. :oldlol:

Luke ****ing Walton? Guy is a 12th man on any decent team.

Kwame is garbage.

Coaching has nothing to do with it. Players win games, not coaches.

I think you're the one who needs to "GTFO!" :banghead:

TMT
09-16-2007, 10:15 PM
If Kobe and LeBron switched roles, I think the Cavs would be more successful than the Lakers still. These would be the starting lineups.

Cavs:

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Drew Gooden
SF - Donyell Marshall (?)
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Larry Hughes

Key Reserves: C/PF - Anderson Varajao, PG/SG - Daniel Gibson, SG - Sasha Pavlovic, PG - Eric Snow

Lakers:

C - Chris Mihm
PF - Kwame Brown
SF - LeBron James
SG - ???
PG - Derek Fisher

Key Reserves: SF - Lamar Odom, PG - Smush Parker, C - Andrew Bynum

The problem is that LeBron doesn't fit into the Lakers lineup because they have Lamar Odom there already.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM
So if Kobe is better than LeBron like you say, here's how the comparison match-up works from best to worse players on each team:

Kobe > LeBron

Odom > Hughes

Smush < Z

Walton = Gooden

Kwame = Palovic

Lakers Bench < Cavs Bench

Lakers coach >> Cavs coach

So there you go. If I listen to you, anytime you start a comparison between these two teams, the Lakers OBVIOUSLY have the best 2 players when doing so. Kobe/Odom are better than any given set of two players the Cavs have...atleast according to you.

So how do you believe the Cavs have better talent?

you are comparing a PG (Smush) to a C (Big Z)

you are comparing a C (Kwame) to an SF (Pavlovic).

give it another try.

echo484
09-16-2007, 10:23 PM
The problem is that LeBron doesn't fit into the Lakers lineup because they have Lamar Odom there already.
They would probably have Odom at the 4 and Bynum/Brown/Mihm at center.

bleedinpurpleTwo
09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
If Kobe and LeBron switched roles, I think the Cavs would be more successful than the Lakers still. These would be the starting lineups.

Cavs:

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Drew Gooden
SF - Donyell Marshall (?)
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Larry Hughes

Key Reserves: C/PF - Anderson Varajao, PG/SG - Daniel Gibson, SG - Sasha Pavlovic, PG - Eric Snow

Lakers:

C - Chris Mihm
PF - Kwame Brown
SF - LeBron James
SG - ???
PG - Derek Fisher

Key Reserves: SF - Lamar Odom, PG - Smush Parker, C - Andrew Bynum

nah. Luke plays SF. Odom plays PF

Valiant Valor
09-16-2007, 10:32 PM
you are comparing a PG (Smush) to a C (Big Z)

you are comparing a C (Kwame) to an SF (Pavlovic).

give it another try.
How about you pay attention instead of avoiding my question.

I'm asking you, when you list the Lakers and Cavs players from best-to-worst, do or do not the Lakers have an advantage?

Try it out for yourself. List the players on each team and determine which players has the advantage in that role (ie..primary, secondary, and so on). I guarantee your list won't look too much different than mine.

Go ahead and try for yourself. I'm waiting.

TMT
09-16-2007, 10:36 PM
They would probably have Odom at the 4 and Bynum/Brown/Mihm at center.

nah. Luke plays SF. Odom plays PF

Very true. Luke seems kind of young and unprepared to be starting though. Odom could play the PF because his 6"10 height but if Lamar Odom were really going to become a PF then I think he would need to buff up a little more.

Valiant Valor
09-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Secondly, is there any person on this planet that can sanely believe this line-up:

Z
Gooden
Palovic
Kobe
Hughes

Bench: Marshall, Gibson, Snow, Jones, Varejao

...would do better than this line-up:

Kwame
Odom
Walton
LeBron
Fisher

Bench: Radmonivic, Bynum, that Euro guard, Evans, Mihms

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

C'mon, that Laker line-up is good for atleast 52 wins while that Cavs team is nothing more platform for Kobe to gun them to 43 wins.

If you believe anything other than this, you are a joke.

ibricklayups
09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
nah, Lakers look good this year so yes Lakers would much be better while the Cavs have slight improvement because nothing is happening with the talent.

Lebron23
09-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Kobe will never win an NBA Championship in the next 10 years of his NBA Career, I cannot even envisioned this guy making it in the Western or even in the lesser Eastern Conference Finals as the lone Superstar of his team.

End of thread

hotsizzle
09-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Kobe will never win an NBA Championship in the next 10 years of his NBA Career, I cannot even envisioned this guy making it in the Western or even in the lesser Eastern Conference Finals as the lone Superstar of his team.

End of thread

ok ms. cleo

Valiant Valor
09-16-2007, 11:39 PM
nah, Lakers look good this year so yes Lakers would much be better while the Cavs have slight improvement because nothing is happening with the talent.
Okay, so the Lakers get Mihm and Fisher back and all of a sudden people are finally admitting they're more talented than Cleveland.

Wow.

That must mean the Lakers and Cavs were equally as talented last year, no?

Where's MaxFly when you really need him, eh? :confusedshrug:

ibricklayups
09-17-2007, 01:04 AM
if they are all healthy then yes. rad, brown, odom, luke, mihm what a chunk of injured men. improvement of bynum? cavs have some talents that can improve but many of them would hardly improve. keep trolling anyway we don't mind. troll.

Jimmy2k8
09-17-2007, 03:54 PM

End of thread

Tell that to the Chicago Bulls when they get Kobe after Kobe opts out.

MaxFly
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Okay, so the Lakers get Mihm and Fisher back and all of a sudden people are finally admitting they're more talented than Cleveland.

Wow.

That must mean the Lakers and Cavs were equally as talented last year, no?

Where's MaxFly when you really need him, eh? :confusedshrug:

I'm right here... it's amazing how similar the Laker gr()upies and Cavs gr()upies are in their ignorance.

Here's an example:

Lebron will never win an NBA Championship in the next 10 years of his NBA Career, I cannot even envisioned this guy making it in the Western or even in the lesser Eastern Conference Finals as the lone Superstar of his team.

End of thread

Just change the name, and the posting style is indistinguishable: assertions with no logic or evidence to back them up...

AlphaWolf24
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM

End of thread

You did it again!!!......

09' Champion with a teamate who never won 1 playoff game:roll:

Lebron joined Wade's team:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

now...... End of thread

next

amfirst
10-06-2011, 07:29 PM
good question

Question is who would space the floor. Certainly not LeBron. Fact is Lakers have no good spacers but Kobe himself. I can see teams packing the paint and it would be their downfall.

MP.Trey
01-14-2014, 07:43 PM

End of thread
:roll: Someone ban this ****boy already.

TheMarkMadsen
01-14-2014, 07:45 PM

End of thread

Cold soul
01-14-2014, 08:19 PM

End of thread

Exposed. Not to self don't take Lebron23 seriously. You're an idiot. :roll: