PDA

View Full Version : Adam Morrison smokes cigarettes

PK3434
10-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I read this on a few NBA rumor sites today....That can't be good for an athlete, especially one with diabetes.

**Waits for photoshopped Morrison picture, smoking a camel**

~spectre~
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
"It's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

Timmeh
10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I want a link to this "rumor". If it's not up by tomorrow this thread's getting deleted.

PK3434
10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I want a link to this "rumor". If it's not up by tomorrow this thread's getting deleted.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18892573&BRD=1699&PAG=461&dept_id=46370&rfi=6
towards the bottom.

and this one is more of a comical article http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2007/10/adam_morrison_is_disgusting.html

Timmeh
10-08-2007, 06:04 PM
The second article quotes from the first article. I have a hard time believing a rumor without it being from a credible source.

~spectre~
10-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Aw man...don't do that! I NEVER get to use that "cool" quote and this was just the perfect opportunity (I'm really dying to use the quotes about the cost of ammo...hopefully Morrison will help me out there eventually).

Eh, if it's true it's his business...not like he parades it around. I can imagine enough people would give him enough grief (trainer, coach, players, etc.) that he'll eventually quit.

Not a big deal IMO.

Bobcat4Ever
10-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Maybe that's why he can't play defense worth a damn

liverpooty
10-08-2007, 09:56 PM
If he does smoke Im not sure as to why its that big a deal. Half the NBA probably smokes Marijuana. No use in deleting the thread even if its not true, I actually got a good chuckle out of it.

TarHeelBorn
10-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Eh, this is kinda dumb and pointless, regardless of whether or not it's true. I mean, a buddy of mine can run a mile in under 5 minutes and he smokes. And I worked with a guy who smokes but has run in 4 marathons. But I'm with you Timmeh.

ILuvThisGame
10-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Man you can hate on smoking all you want... but when someone starts talking about my beloved dip they have gone too far!

Yea, I've known plenty of guys who played sports and smoked, singers are always shown with big cigars.... when you are 20 something and smoke as long as you condition hard enough it's not going to impeded your athletic ability, 30 and 40 something.... your screwed.

DieHardBullsFan
10-08-2007, 10:43 PM
this is not a shock that Morrison smokes...I mean the majority of these guys smoke :pimp: thats just like saying that NBA players dont have affairs with there wives :roll: :hammerhead:

onewickedlady
10-08-2007, 11:46 PM
this is not a shock that Morrison smokes...I mean the majority of these guys smoke :pimp: thats just like saying that NBA players dont have affairs with there wives :roll: :hammerhead:

It should be easy to have an affair with one's wife. It's when the affair is with someone other than one's wife that things can get messy.

~spectre~
10-09-2007, 08:32 AM
The original source.

Sonics Blog (http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sonics/)

Casey traveled to China with Blazers guard/forward Martell Webster and former Gonzaga star Adam Morrison (Charlotte) for an Adidas camp and both Webster and Casey had some funny stories about Morrison. My favorite was that Morrison is still into the chew (tobacco), but would also take smoke breaks with the Chinese outside the facility. They formed a semi-circle around the 6-foot-9 NBA player puffing away. How Morrison does it and still plays, nobody knows -- including Casey and Webster.

Seems true...I'd say Dwane Casey is a credible sourse. The "6'9" thing has me scratching my head tho.

PK3434
10-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Larry Bird was also known to smoke an occasional cigarette.

I made this thread because I thought it was kind of funny...In no way am I trying to bash Morrison.

Yes, a lot of players smoke weed but I'm almost positive that very few smoke cigarettes and dip.

TarHeelBorn
10-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I can guarentee a lot smoke cigars as well but that's different b/c you don't inhale and it doesn't F-up your lungs.

onewickedlady
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I can guarentee a lot smoke cigars as well but that's different b/c you don't inhale and it doesn't F-up your lungs.

I hate to tell you this but weed also harms the lungs just like tobacco and there are likely many more players that smoke weed than tobacco. So what's your point about Stache and his nicotine?

TarHeelBorn
10-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Did I say anything about weed?

onewickedlady
10-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Did I say anything about weed?

Somebody did. Anyway-- I think that this is all in the context of the players doing stuff that can have a negative impact on their play.

Timmeh
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, how many pictures of MJ have we seen with a cigar shoved in his cakehole?

I hate smoking just as much as the next guy. Maybe it's because (and yeah, I'm going this far) Morrison is white and that is the reason that people profile him and single him out for smoking a cig when they consciously know that a majority of the rest of the NBA smokes marijuana.

onewickedlady
10-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah, how many pictures of MJ have we seen with a cigar shoved in his cakehole?

I hate smoking just as much as the next guy. Maybe it's because (and yeah, I'm going this far) Morrison is white and that is the reason that people profile him and single him out for smoking a cig when they consciously know that a majority of the rest of the NBA smokes marijuana.

Could be. But also lots of folks have soured on Ammo because he had a bad first season against all expectations. I'm hoping to keep an open mind.

Tomorrow night is the pre-season opener and I know that the game will be broadcast on the radio, but will the game be aired over the internet?

~spectre~
10-09-2007, 06:48 PM
You have to register, but it's free all year:

NBA Audio League Pass (http://www.nba.com/broadband/alp_schedule.html)

LJJ
10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
I hate to tell you this but weed also harms the lungs just like tobacco and there are likely many more players that smoke weed than tobacco. So what's your point about Stache and his nicotine?

But how much does he smoke? Is he just a 'social smoker' or an addict?

Thing is, if you smoke a pack of sigarettes a day you aren't even considered a heavy smoker. But the heaviest mariuana smoker won't smoke more than three a day, and you can't keep that up if you have to do real practice everyday.

Another thing, Morrison is one of the worst athletes in the NBA at his position, and then he goes out smoking. I can understand stuff like that if you are incredibly gifted physically, but not if you are a 'bust' rookie who spent all season struggling to keep up against better athletes.

ILuvThisGame
10-11-2007, 12:49 PM
weed is unfiltered, you inhale and hold it in.... a couple blunts a day will piss the lungs away.

liverpooty
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
But how much does he smoke? Is he just a 'social smoker' or an addict?

Thing is, if you smoke a pack of sigarettes a day you aren't even considered a heavy smoker. But the heaviest mariuana smoker won't smoke more than three a day, and you can't keep that up if you have to do real practice everyday.

Another thing, Morrison is one of the worst athletes in the NBA at his position, and then he goes out smoking. I can understand stuff like that if you are incredibly gifted physically, but not if you are a 'bust' rookie who spent all season struggling to keep up against better athletes.

Im not sure who you hang around with, but Ive had friends smoke 3 joints within the first 3 hours of them waking up.

ILuvThisGame
10-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Im not sure who you hang around with, but Ive had friends smoke 3 joints within the first 3 hours of them waking up.
to quote Sublime
"I smoke two joints in the morning.
I smoke two joints at night.
I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
And then I smoke two more"

LJJ
10-12-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm guessing the weed is stronger here.

But you don't tell me an NBA player smokes a joint every hour and his employers are going to be fine with that and he is going to pass all the drug tests?

onewickedlady
10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
But you don't tell me an NBA player smokes a joint every hour and his employers are going to be fine with that and he is going to pass all the drug tests?

Well at least someone's brain is in shape to think clearly!!!! Thanks LJJ!

liverpooty
10-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Um, you're right, I didnt say an NBA player would smoke a joint every hour and pass a drug test with his employers being fine with it. I was just pointing out that someone smoking 3 joints a day isnt as big an addict as some think, and no I dont smoke Marijuana.

onewickedlady
10-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Um, you're right, I was just pointing out that someone smoking 3 joints a day isnt as big an addict as some think....

What's your expertise with the subject of addiction? Since you have no expertise it may be wise to speak about something that you know something about.

liverpooty
10-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I was actually a counselor for drug addiction at a local hospital this past summer. So I have a fair amount of knowledge regarding the matter.

Thanks.

onewickedlady
10-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I was actually a counselor for drug addiction at a local hospital this past summer. So I have a fair amount of knowledge regarding the matter.

Thanks.

#1) I was not saying that everyone who smokes 3 joints a day is an addict and yes you've likely seen much worse than someone who functions while using their drugs--much depends on how badly the person's life is impacted; #2) I'm sure that your summer of experience far outweighs my years of schooling and my fifteen-or-so years in the addiction and psychology fields. #3) Good for you that you are doing something that will actually save lives; I respect you for that.