PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Basketball

ABAZACKSHOOLA
10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Admin, Delete this thread, my user and all of my posts.

la bomba
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM
If the israeli league is one of the best ,which i totally disagree with,tell me how many teams have won the league in the last 30 years other than maccabi?1 maybe? was it Hapoel once.I am sorry but a league to be good has to be competitive,like the italian or the spanish where there are numerous teams every year that can win the league.The israeli is not.Maccabi are certainly one of the strongest teams in europe(or rather that play in europe!).They win the league every year almost without contest.Hapoel jerusalem is a good side.How many matches,league matches that is, do maccabi lose every year? 1 ? if that?
So as much as I think that Maccabi is a great side the israeli league is weak.Very weak.

la bomba
10-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Maccabi Tel Aviv has won about 37 titles and almost the same amount of Cups.
Hapoel Galil Elyon has one Championship title from the 1992/1993 season and 2 Israeli State Cups,and the other ****ing team to win a title was Hapoel ********* that won 5 Championships, who is currently playing in the 3rd division and collapsing.

And if you want to know how strong the league is so you better check out how many NBA Scouts are there in the Stadium (mainly of the Boston Celtics and the Seatle SuperSonics) who watch after future players and take a look at this league they do a lot of times, and if you didn't know there are more than a 1,000 players with a NBA resome that have played in Israel, in avrage year there are about 8 players with a NBA playtime who is playing in the league, and most of the American players or the other forigen players are ones who have done something in College, the minor leagues (CBA, USBL and NBADL etc.) or have done something in some European/other wheres in the world like taking championships winning awards and taking MVP and Cups titles. SO WHAT DO YOU SAY NOW, *****?!!!
I still say its a weak league.I am merely stating it from a competitive point of view.Its not competitive very rarely do maccabi lose a game.they have won all the leagues except one in the last few decades.The greek,italian ,spanish are the most competitive leagues.For a league to be strong there has to be several candidates not just one.
So as much as I appreciate how important basketball is in israel and what a huge club maccabi is,the league is not competitive therefore it is not one of the strongest.I would put the Serbian,croatian,russian,lithuanian,french and the big three already mentioned above the israeli.I would put the israeli league on a par with the slovenian,great traditional basketball nation with one dominant team.Look at how many slovenians play in the NBA or in big clubs in Europe.Nachbar,Nesterovic,Brezec,Udrih,etc in the NBA and Lakovic,Smodis and Slokar in big clubs in europe for example.Yet you wouldn't say the slovenian league was one of the strongest.
Plus I only disagreed with you,I never insulted you so hold ur horses with your verbal mate.have a bit more education.

simasu01
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
since when is israel the best league in europe?? since when is israel in europe?? off the top of my head i could say, obviously euroleague, but out of national leagues, SPAIN, italy, and greece. countries that have a few good teams but not so good leagues would be lithuania and france. russia and turkey have one or two good teams but neither is in europe. but the best national league outside of the nba is no question spain. nobody can compete with that even some spanish teams could compete with american ones.

berraco
10-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I think there is no discussion about Israel's league not being one of the top leagues in Europe. A league where the same team has won the title about 28 times in 30 years seems to be not very competitive (as a whole).

berraco
10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
My last word and I will stop arguing about this thing. You used the chances to win the Euroleague and ULEB Cup as a rating factor. I will use another silly factor, the number of teams in competition: two to four in almost every top league (Spain, Italy, Russia, Greece); one in the medium to low level leagues (Germany, for instance and, oh, Israel).

So you want predictions, here they are, very easy: Maccabi will win the league, and the Cup, with some chances for Hapoel Jerusalem to win the latter (everything can happen in one game).

simasu01
10-30-2007, 10:57 PM
you asked people to answer your question. the answer is maccabi for everything. thats the only team in israel thats good.
you wanna talk about national teams?? how about the bad league of lithuania? WE are the number one country in european titles out of existing countries. in i believe about 20 years WE have done more than anyone basketball wise. why dont you follow the lithuanian league?? you dont care about it right? it has twice as much euroleague teams as israel. then it is twice as competitive because it is 2 teams fighting for the title, not 1 like in israel. how about the horrible league of germany? just about any country that participated in the euro tournament is better than israel. want proof?
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/p/rankMen.html
the only countries that they are better is poland (SURPRISE!!) and Latvia who would kill them if they played. and portugal who God knows how they made it this far.
back to club talk. only 6 guys are from israel on maccabi. 3 of them are good. the only reason they won back to back euroleagues is because of Jasikevicius who is from a terrible league from a country called Lithuania, as you mentioned that league is bad.
as berraco said there is 1 israeli team in the euroleague. the countries with worse leagues have more or as many :

Lithuania 2 (Zalgiris Kaunas, Lietuvos Rytas)

Greece 3 (Panathanaikos, Olympiakos, Aris)

Spain 4 (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Tau Ceramica, Unicaja)

Italy 4 (Virtus Bologna, Montepaschi, Lottomatica Roma, Armani Jeans Milano)

Russia 1 (CSKA Moscow)

France 2 (Roanne, Le Mans)

Serbia 1 (Partizan)

Croatia 1 (Cibona)

Slovenia 1 (Olimpia)

Poland 1 (Prokom Trefl)

Germany 1 (Brose Basket)

Turkey 2 (Efes Pilsen, Ulker)

i think that should tell you that there are good leagues in europe. by this i could say there are 6 leagues with more competition because they have more teams in the euroleague. 6 other leagues are just as competitive because they have the same amount. i know that these 6 isnt true, but the way you think it should make sense then.
nobody is denying maccabi their rich and have good players. but is there really competition in israel?? do you honestly think anyone has a chance?? this is like one of the leagues with one team in the euroleague. its obvious who will win it. why make a big deal about it?? we all know its the teams in the euroleague that have the best chance to win their national leagues. do you have anymore questions? i think everyone can deny that israel is NOT the best in europe. no way. NO WAY.

la bomba
10-31-2007, 05:58 AM
First the first europeans to beat an NBA team i believe was the Soviet Union who beat The dominique Wilkins lead Hawks.The Soviet Union team then was plagued by Lithuanians,the total stars in that team.First european club to beat an nba team was Barca I think against the sixers.When are israelis going to realiase that they are not europeans,they play in europe but they are not europeans!3 spanish teams have beaten NBA teams,there is no way that 3 different israeli clubs would compete against NBA teams,reinforcing the strength in depth of the spanish league and the opposite about the israeli league.Once again this forum is at an end when you start talking about european leagues as the Israeli one is an asian league.

simasu01
10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
how right is la bomba?? 200%. as a result you cannot reply to my messages or his. i think your out of words. there isnt much else to discuss because you are completely in a corner. what i mean is that you are trapped and have to admit that 1. stop pretending that israel is in europe 2. stop pretending that the league is good 3. do i need any more reasons?

simasu01
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
hahaha your cool son. you sure know how to speak english. you cant say a thing that makes sense. like i said your out of words. so glue your dick back on and start talking about basketball and watch the euroleague, the EUROleague.

la bomba
10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Shut the **** up you louzy European WIJA you suck ***** all night long, and then you shout: "Oh my ****ing lithunia, my ****ing lithunia, Simas Jasitis Sharas you gays come over here and **** me", you gay you louzy ******* you son of a ***** your mom is my main ***** and I'm her PIMP you gay hootcie that licks *****, you working as a slut over the hoods and have sex for money like those on Streetblowjobs you gay, and you mom is coming over to place tonight, so is it fine with you??!! YOU KNOW WHAT??!! I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I'LL **** YOUR MOM UNTILL SHE WILL GET OUT OF FUEL, *****!!!!
People who can't argue properly normally resort to this trash talk when they run out of excuses.
No one has insulted you,we just had a discussion in which we didn't agree,Berraco,simasu and myself put our points through and you had no answer other than to insult and throw your toys out of the pram.Anyway I read your news and it re-inforces my point if Elton Brown(never heard of him)is waived by a side like the lakers who aren't the deepest,chooses to play for the ndbl instead of israel it shows how poor it is.I bet he would have jumped at the chance to play for a mid table spanish team.Look at ACB.com and check the highlights,great games all very competitive,as I am sure the israeli is ,whenever Maccabi Tel Aviv aren't involved.

la bomba
11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
What's the matter simas, you are afraid to admit that your country has a lil weak league, come on' we all know that all the european leagues are basicly based on the avrages of the American players playing in it and all the team's are using their native players to waive towells on the bench, and do you think I don't know how do you make the American players to come over to your louzy european leagues, you are offering players from the NBDL or a College graduators a contract that seems to them like alot of money because they have never play for money, before.

And you'll better check out and see that all of the latest famous and leading players in the Euroleague have played in Israel (and there ar many like these) and you know what I'll give you a few examples: Marcus Goree (of CSKA Mosscow), Rimas Kakunas (Siena), Horace Jenkins (Klememio Bolunga) and should I go on (I think you got the picture).

You think that Elton Brown is decide to stay in the NBDL just because you think that he won't get the same money in Israel, so think again, ass-hole, he got two offers in the 300,000 $ Dollars range but decided to ditch them because he rather keep playing in the United States than going to play in Europe and start a trip around the world, and in this league he could get an NBA stint contracts and that's his main goal.

And about your "dear" ACB, you better check out their players history (espacialy the American players of this league) and you'll find Quincy Lewis who is playing in Bilbao and a few other guys with a playing time over Israel in their past, in the Itallian Seria A this year they have a lot of players who played in Israel even last year.

Should I remind you how many players in the NBA have played in Israel: Roger Mason Jr. of the Washington Wizards have played in Jerusalem before he returned to the NBA, Anthony Parker of the Toronto Raptors that played in Maccabi Tel Aviv and was the best player in Europe (gee... You are weak, his avrages in the Israeli league were slightly lower than those he have done in Europe), Maceo Baston who also played in Maccabi Tel Aviv and currently plays in Toronto Raptors, and Ryan Bown of the New Orleans Hornets who played last year in Ironi Nahariya.

And if we are already speaking of money, you need to know that the wages in the Spainish top league is between 300,000 - 800,000 Dollars per a year according to this league's rules, while in Israel a young players are earning 30,000 $ and the most famous and notebale players (like the gay Nickola Vujicic) are earning 1,700,000 $ per a year (a contact which is usually in Russia), and in the NBDL the wage is between 12,000 and some earns 18,000 and the most notable players are earning 24,000 Dollars per a year.

NOW YOU GOT ****ED UP WIJAS, SO YOU BETTER SHUT UP, LOUZY EUROPEANS AND EUROPE LOVERS!!!:D
The fact that this brown got offered the same money in israel and yet didn't go still reinforces more the lack of attraction the league offers.Simasu can defend himself no doubt,however,i'd like to point out Lietuvos 92 macabbi tel aviv 74.
Top scorer Jomantas(not average american but lithuanian)Top rebounder,Petravicius(again Lituanian I hasten to guess)So no towel waving from them.Maybe from macabbi yes as the two israeli stars halperin and Eliyahu scored a dizzying 4 points between them.. I don't know why you go on about money,no one is saying that the israeli league is poor financially,that doesn't mean its competitive or a good league.

Quickness
11-01-2007, 10:30 PM
they don't get paid much there do they? :S

la bomba
11-03-2007, 05:46 AM
:D There are a lot of leagues in Europe that have players who played in Israel as their leading players like the: Russian league, the Turkish League and the Ukraine basketball league so you simasu gay better shut up before you will reply here.

Transitions and Results:

*Marcus Slaughter have singed with Hapoel Jerusalem for a one year contact in which he will earn 430,000 $ and another season/year option, his contract secured him to play in the Pre-Seasion next year and to pay the team an amount of money to buy-out his next year contract if he will be sign with an NBA team.
Slaughter, is a San Diego College graduted from 2006, who played last year in Karshiaka of the Turkish primer league and avraged 13.3 ppg 10.2 rpg and 2.3 blocks per a game, he also played in the Turkish All-Star game and was Named to the 2nd All-Turkish league team (he achived all of those things on his first year as a professional player), earlier this summer he decided to try and enter the NBA, and recently singed a 2 years contract with the Miami Heat, who waived him this Monday.
* Maccabi Tel Aviv - Latvious Ritas (Lithunia) 92 - 74 at Lithunia, during the 2nd game/match of the Euroleague, Maccabi Tel Aviv has a current rotation problems because there are really alot of good players there that don't know how to play together or to fit into this situation in which there are alot of great players in the many positions in the stock, at the Lithunia side the American Guard Price have really done a good job with his quickness in order to beat the game (that's just as wierd as Olympiacos have lost on Slovenia to Lublijana 87-78).

And remember that this is a thread about the Israeli League, so discuss and talk about it without comparing it to another European leagues.You obviously have delusions of grandeur about the israeli league which no one has said is ****,just that it has no depth therefore its not competitive and therefore isn't a good league.So I am not going to throw anymore more proof in your face.About the lietuvos rytas Maccabi game,I know basketball enough to know one game means nothing,but my emphasis was that you said lituanian players were bailed out by average americans.Arturas Jomantas was the star player with marijonas peratvicius who didn't have the standout game he had last week!thats all.However in maccabi the opposite can be said,Vujcic as usual was the best,Halperin and eliyahu as usual outside israel were invisible!Is Kattash the coach now?

simasu01
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
i got you know. YOU will never admit that israel is **** in the basketball world. EVEN MACCABI LOST to who?? to LIETUVOS RYTAS? hahahaha. how embarrased are you to lose to the SECOND team in Lithuania??? now your gonna blame rotation you ****ing ******? im not gonna post **** here no more, Lietuvos Rytas victory speaks for itself. and if your gonna go around talking who played in israel or who plays where from israel, then look up how many lithuanians play around the world. and why don't you look up who was the leader of maccabi when they won the euroleague twice. Oh and the man with the same name as me, Simas Jasaits. And you mentioned Kaukenas earlier who is also Lithuanian. Should i keep on going? i think you can research yourself. i think i proved my point, so good luck israel, try to become europeans and try TRY to beat Lietuvos Rytas next time. I'm not even gonna mention israel to catch up to ACB and the level that is there. Peace

la bomba
11-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes, Oded Katash is the head coach of the team, but he lost only because he dosen't keeping a soild game plannings such as: how to use Marcus Fizer who is Way-More better than Vujcic and the rest of the big men playing in Europe (let's don't forget what the man have done in his entire basketball carear), he don't seem to know how to use Terrence Morris with Fizer on the court on the same time, but you will see he will sucssessfuly will fix it and achived what he wants to do, and I want to tell you that Vujcic was nothing in this game, Will Bynom was best of Maccabi players, he done things that the Lithunain team could'nt stop or compete with, his skills of dunks and quick un-planned moves are suprising and have suprised the other team all night long.
And about the whole-Elton Brown thing, you should know that he dose'nt wants to play elsewhere outsied the United States so it's not an "Image Problems", that caused him to skip the options to play in the Israeli League but the desire to get a contract in the NBA through basing himself as a leading player and gain more experience in the NBDL (in this case), and you can find an NBA and an NBADL player who won the NBDL Championship last year/season who came all the way to Israel and signed with Ironi Ramat Gan, Jerome Beasley, you know why did he done it because his goal unlike the one of Brown is to earn and get more money because he sees it as a business, so how can you explain it (or call it an "image problems" of the league in one of your posts).
And if you really want to see that the league is cometetive (with or without Maccabi Tel Aviv in it) you should keep watching the game results, and then you'll see for yourself, and still you and your louzy ****ing friends opened a thread about the Phillipinese Basketball league and think it to be "good" and competitive more than the rest of the leagues out side the NBA and the American Basketball Leagues.
i cannot find the phrase "image problems " in any of my posts.I have nothing to do with any post about the phillipine league,I don't anything about that league so I am in no position to comment.Vujicic is maccabi's best player by far!he reads the game far better than any point guard.Fizer?mm you said all the great players in europe played in israel first,where did Fizer play last year I wonder??mid table ACB team.
cheers.

la bomba
11-03-2007, 08:04 PM
You did'nt said it clearly, but you (have) referd to it with your own words, allthough you used other words, that is what you mean in your last post.
And if you want to talk about Marcus Fizer, go on and open a thread about him, but you should know that as far as I know he is one of the best players playing out of the NBA today.
And about your will and issue to add and compare the ACB league during the entire thread, you should remember that I have asked you to only refere/discuss and talk about the Israeli League and no-other league in the world exept the Israeli League.
Never said Fizer wasn't good,you are also now saying that what you said I said was only what you think I said.mm confusing.Well my discussion about the league ends here,I predict maccabi to win the double.
Thanks for the discussion.

ariel64
11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
DArn it! ashkeon just lost to afullla cause of the a-hole

refs/:banghead:

arg!!!

any way if we talk about the pkayers who played here and now playing in a strong team you might remindL

KELLY MC'CARTY
ARIEL MC'DONALD
SARONS JASKIVICIUS(OR JUST SARAS)
NDUDI EBI-whos currently play is ramat-gan
and plenty more!:party:

la bomba
11-06-2007, 05:43 PM
If the Israeli League is "not-so good" as you say, so how can it be that all the French 1st division's teams are signing all the waived players from Israel, explain that, you latin ass-hole!!!!

The latest news from Israel:

*Or Eithan, who left BC Chole from the Franch division 1 (by his request), have returned to Israel and currently his agents are checking offers from Europe for him, while in Israel he is wanted by Hapoel Galil Elyon allthough his promise in the radio last year that if he will leave France and will play in Israel, he will have to do it with his hometown team, Hapoel Gilboa/Afula who is checking the option to sign him, as well.
*Hapoel Galil Elyon is still have to sign a forigener Center, and it's roster is still not-closed because of the fact that all the American players that they have signed in the summer have been injured or didn't get along with the coach.
*Hapoel Holon is still looking after an American Center, as they have done all summer looking for a center and even set terms with Estaban Batista (who decided to ditch them in the last moment) and even convinced Malvin Ely to agree their terms and come play in Israel if he won't be signed with an NBA team (this have happen), they are currently in a hunt for one of the NBA Preseason's centers.
*Two Israeli leading clubs will play tonight in the Uleb Cup:
Hapoel Galil Elyon - Gomadan (Austria -who is coached by an Israeli coach).
Hapoel Jerusalem -Shtrasburg (France - that have Israeli player in it and an American player that played in Israel).
*Maccabi Tel Aviv: Nickola Vujcic is out for 4-6 weeks due to an injuree, and Maccabi Tel Aviv will have to face off Efes Pilsen of the Israeli-American coach David Blatt (who coach Maccabi Tel Aviv in the past, and led the Russian National Team to win the EuroBasket 2007 title earlier this summer) in the Euroleague close match.
First of all I never insulted you.So why do you have to insult me,secondly what makes you think i am latin,thirdly did i ever mention the french league as a strong league?You guys are always on the defensive never able to take criticism its the same in politics , anybody has an argument against israeli apartheid! and straight away instead of giving their side of their argument in a civilized educated manner they come out accussing people and insulting.You are no use mate.You are a microcosm of your country's attitude.
I hate mixing politics and sports but the striking similarity in the defensive attitude is too great to ignore.I am an educated person and I still won't insult you even though you have done nothing but.You won't be hearing from me.this is a forum for people who love basketball to discuss,agree or disagree it doesn't matter not for uneducated folk to come out and insult.bye.

la bomba
11-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Just that you'll know: I'm American, you ***** wija, and I have opened this thread for discussion between the members and not as a political issue as you think so and severe, and here in the States all the people know Israel well enough so they don't have to listen to what you said.

And now for yesterday's results and signings:

Uleb Cup's first match:

*Hapoel Galil Elyon -Suans Gomadan: 74 - 79 (at Galil, the Galil kept on a close game almost all game long agaist the American players of the Austrian Champion, who used them as their "ultimatesand main players" while their local players have been more like a roll-players, before they have missed a wining play and also because they still missing a Center).
*Hapoel Jerusalem - Starsburg: 74-73 (at Jerusalem, the French team have kept on a close game before the Israeli team, that like them are struggling in their local league, have start to blast them off and won the close game).
*Or Eithan have signed with Hapoel Galil Elyon, just before of the European game.In discussions their are disagreements you don't take kindly to any disagreement.So don't discuss then.As I see u still keep insulting me as i assume the stars are for a censored word as for wija I don't have a scooby what it means mate!

ariel64
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Ashkelon's coach oder berkowitz has left his job after onlly 3 games. His assistant will replace him next game.
Dror Ozeri who were the the ast.couch 2 years ago might take the lead

:confusedshrug:

b.jerk
11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Israeli basketball is addictive and it's the most physical style of basketball to watch. The BSL isn't competitive to the nba, ACB or Greece but it's one the better second tier leagues and it's got a lot of players with the right coaching could make the transition to the best leagues. The BSL could help themselves if Hapoel Jerusalem would play in the euroleague and Ironi Naharyia with Bnei Hasharon would play in the ULEB.

la bomba
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=b.jerk]Israeli basketball is addictive and it's the most physical style of basketball to watch. The BSL isn't competitive to the nba, ACB or Greece but it's one the better second tier leagues and it's got a lot of players with the right coaching could make the transition to the best leagues. The BSL could help themselves if Hapoel Jerusalem would play in the euroleague and Ironi Naharyia with Bnei Hasharon would play in the ULEB.[/QUOTAt last someone in this forum with a more accurate description of the israeli league.

b.jerk
12-06-2007, 04:39 PM
About Maccabi, what's with Omri Casspi he's playing a lot worse than he did last year is something like a growth spurt effecting his game.

What do you think about the weird statements Greg Popovich made about Omri Casspi. I don't think Casspi has played well enough to earn Greg Popovich's approval but Greg Popovich is smarter than his peers.

la bomba
12-14-2007, 01:09 PM
How can you say it about this league, the Israeli league is one of the greatest leagues in the world, look at Better-Basketball.com advertise (they are using a pictures and screenshots of a game of Maccabi Tel Aviv against Hapoel Jerusalem), look at the amount of players with an Israeli record playing in the NBA, the league's level and the ammount of players in the highest levels that are playing or played in the past in this league, unless how can you explain that a team like Ashkelon have signed most of the NBA free-agents last year, or the fact that ESPN is still trying to buy the rights to broadcast the Israeli League in the USA, or the fact that Lee Nailon have ditched the upcoming scouts of CSKA Mosscow, Dynamo Mosscow and Tau Vitoria last year because he prefered to play in Israel and almost set his terms with Hapoel Holon this summer or the fact that this league is much more tited to the NBA than any league there is (Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hapoel Jerusalem having a summer contact with the NBA for an exebinhition games) how teams bringing players such as Dion Glover, Tang Hamilton or even AJ Guyton (that you ahve speaked of lately) for tests while those guys are still looking after a contract in the NBA.

the Spainish league is no better, it has three teams in it with a 18 million Dollars budget (THAT ARE SUPPORTED BY A LARGE GOVERMENOTOAL BANKS) while some of the lower side of the league have barely a 1.5 million Dollars budget (while in Israel there are six teams with this kind of budget) a thing that makes this league into a totall-not-compatitive league (look in the results: a high scores and gaps in the games of the leading team versus the mid-low level teams), in the Greek league there are 2 teams that are hold by billionaire families that "using their Basketball teams as a hobby" (Olympiacos and Panathinaikos) and one team based on comapanies as sponssers (Aris Theseloniki) while the rest of the league stinks and have barely a budget in the size of Ironi Ramat Gan or Elitzur Ashkelon, and not to mention the high frequently of players getting contracts and released in the Greek League, and the Italian league is based on sponsers that can collapse the teams if they decided to and they're almost never calming down with their "waiving and signing" players movment.

If you wanna track the games results up enter this link: http://www.flashscore.com/basketball/israel/

Uleb Cup game 4 results:

*Hapoel Galil Elyon - Zeleznik: 65-93 (at Montenegro).
*Hapoel Jerusalem -Zadar: 84 -83 (at Jerusalem, Marcus Slaghter have scored from the line 0.4 seconds to the end).

A "stucked" match result:

* Hapoel Afula/Gilboa - Hapoel Holon: 80-76 (at Holon).

FIBA Eurocup 2nd early round:

* Ironi Nahariya - Barrons Riga: 83 -80 (at Nahariya, the Israeli team kicked their ass but won't take part in the EuroCup thanks to FIBA's rules to beat your oppenenet by a higher score than the gap).

Euroleague game 5 result:

*Maccabi Tel Aviv - Aramani Jeans Millano: 82 -81 (at Millano, Terence Morris have made a winning basket move just seconds to the finish, and secured Maccabi Tel Aviv's first victory in Europe this season).

Latest Rummors:

*Jamie Arnold was announced ULEB Cup MVP for the 2nd week in a row.
*Ramel Curry is being watched by servel teams from Italy, those teams have already asked Hapoel Jerusalem for a buy-out of the Gaurd that was the 3rd leading scorer in the Italian league.
You go on about budgets but then say hapoel jerusalem didn't enter the euroleague because of the budget.Nevermind its not about the money,I know there is money in the israeli league and also rate the league and its national squad always have.What I have been saying is that it is not as competitive because maccabi win all the time.
As for comparing it with acb:
ULEB.
Spanish teams
DKV Joventut 6 and 0
Akasvayu Girona 5 and 1
Pamesa valencia 5 and 1
gran canaria 4 and 2
israeli teams
Elan Chalon 2 and 4
Galil elyon 1 and 5
hapoel jerusalem 3 and 3
Euroleague
spanish teams
AXA Barcelona 6 and 2
real madrid 6 and 2
Unicaja 6 and 2
Tau 5 and 3
israeli team
maccabi 6 and 2

The same history as always.Maccabi strong the rest not so strong.These are facts.

b.jerk
12-14-2007, 06:48 PM
You go on about budgets but then say hapoel jerusalem didn't enter the euroleague because of the budget.Nevermind its not about the money,I know there is money in the israeli league and also rate the league and its national squad always have.What I have been saying is that it is not as competitive because maccabi win all the time.
As for comparing it with acb:
ULEB.
Spanish teams
DKV Joventut 6 and 0
Akasvayu Girona 5 and 1
Pamesa valencia 5 and 1
gran canaria 4 and 2
israeli teams
Elan Chalon 2 and 4
Galil elyon 1 and 5
hapoel jerusalem 3 and 3
Euroleague
spanish teams
AXA Barcelona 6 and 2
real madrid 6 and 2
Unicaja 6 and 2
Tau 5 and 3
israeli team
maccabi 6 and 2

The same history as always.Maccabi strong the rest not so strong.These are facts.

I think israel has a bunch of nice little teams some nice young talent, if some of the nice young players given the resources and the opportunity could be great players in the nba and if the effort and money were spent on some of the smaller teams like Bnei Hasharon, Ironi Naharyia or Hapoel Holon could be good euroleague teams. My honest opinion is Maccabi does more to hinder israeli basketball than to help it by hiring foreigner and using it's best players for practice fodder. Israeli players are so distrustful of maccabi that Omri Casspi has an opt-out with his contract and Sharon Sasson with Yaniv Green refused to resign with maccabi.

la bomba
12-14-2007, 08:23 PM
I think maccabi has a bunch of nice little teams some nice young talent, if some of the nice young players given the resources and the opportunity could be great players in the nba and if the effort and money were spent on some of the smaller teams like Bnei Hasharon, Ironi Naharyia or Hapoel Holon could be good euroleague teams. My honest opinion is Maccabi does more to hinder israeli basketball than to help it by hiring foreigner and using it's best players for practice fodder. Israeli players are so distrustful of maccabi that Omri Casspi has an opt-out with his contract and Sharon Sasson with Yaniv Green refused to resign with maccabi.
Maccabi remind me of rangers and celtic football teams in scotland,only they have each other to beat atleast.
Casspi hasn't been given a lot of time in euroleague.Even Eliyahu doesn't seem to get any consistency.sometimes he plays a lot sometimes he doesn't play atall.with morris,fizer,batista and vujcic to comeback,he isn't going to get much minutes i suspect.

b.jerk
12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Maccabi remind me of rangers and celtic football teams in scotland,only they have each other to beat atleast.
Casspi hasn't been given a lot of time in euroleague.Even Eliyahu doesn't seem to get any consistency.sometimes he plays a lot sometimes he doesn't play atall.with morris,fizer,batista and vujcic to comeback,he isn't going to get much minutes i suspect.

I can say for the first time the israel actually has a nice little basketball league. Teams have figured out that if they play basketball the israeli way which is what I believe the right way, playing the most intense as possible, aggressive and using your body to get through the defender and to the basket on offense and using your body to be always be between the basket and the defender rather than the finesse game the way most european team play, then bsl teams have a good chance to beat maccabi. Cummings, Fizer, Vujcic, Sharp and Blumenthal haven't looked impressive this year in the bsl especially their last two game and if it wasn't for Casspi and Eliyahu for the first two games of the season maccabi would have a losing record in the bsl. Maccabi has a two game losing streak in the bsl and I'm curious how maccabi's core will perform at Asklelon because I think the bsl has figured maccabi out.

b.jerk
12-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Marcus Fizer sprained his ankle because of David Blumenthal and most likely won't play against Rytas. Lior Eliyahu and Omri Casspi seemed happy that Marcus Fizer could be out of the rotation and they would most likely play more. It's not right but that's the mindset of a nba player.

b.jerk
12-28-2007, 03:42 AM
Does anyone have an opinion about Casspigate? I don't agree with his father that Oded Kattash is jealous of Omri Casspi and I'm sure Oded Kattash is done with the "glory" during his playing day and if anything Oded Kattash only regret was not playing in the nba. I do think that maccabi and in particular Sherf does bully israeli players and takes them for granted, Yaniv Green and Sasson chose not to resign with maccabi where they could of made more money and veteran israeli players aren't willing to playing for Sherf with the national team. I also think maccabi plan of a nucleus of Omri Casspi, Lior Eliyahu and Yotam Halperin is unrealistic. All Omri Casspi has to do is show his ability in a workout and someone will draft him, Lior Eliayhu seem dissatisfied at maccabi and Yotam Halperin will most like play in Oklahoma City next year or the year after.

b.jerk
12-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Ramat Gan beat Maccabi Tel Aviv today, the game wasn't even competitive. On the court the israelies were the aggressors, Fizer, Sharp, Cummings, Garcia, Blumenthal and Morris were easily controlled by Ramat Gan. Maccabi played poor defense, especially by Sharp and Blumenthal. If I were Maccabi I would take the team in the new direction and release Sharp, Sherf, Blumenthal, and Moshe Fanan. I don't believe Kattash is the problem, I believe many of the bad coaching decisions like playing Garcia and Blumenthal and benching Casspi and Eliyahu were made by management and Sherf and not Kattash. Maccabi needs a coach that knows how to develop israeli basketball players and Kattash knows how to. Israeli basketball has come a long way and what worked in the past isn't good enough to win anymore.

la bomba
01-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Ramat Gan beat Maccabi Tel Aviv today, the game wasn't even competitive. On the court the israelies were the aggressors, Fizer, Sharp, Cummings, Garcia, Blumenthal and Morris were easily controlled by Ramat Gan. Maccabi played poor defense, especially by Sharp and Blumenthal. If I were Maccabi I would take the team in the new direction and release Sharp, Sherf, Blumenthal, and Moshe Fanan. I don't believe Kattash is the problem, I believe many of the bad coaching decisions like playing Garcia and Blumenthal and benching Casspi and Eliyahu were made by management and Sherf and not Kattash. Maccabi needs a coach that knows how to develop israeli basketball players and Kattash knows how to. Israeli basketball has come a long way and what worked in the past isn't good enough to win anymore.
bye bye Kattash.

b.jerk
01-02-2008, 03:25 AM
bye bye Kattash.

Is it just me or does Sherf always have blood shoot eyes, sweating and shaking and am I the only person that thought Sherf looked like he blackout at the sidelines during the eurobasket. I really believe maccabi made a huge mistake replacing Kattash with Sherf. Maccabi built itself around statistical compilers and they're going to struggle against the "wild west", "commando" and "mercenary" style of the israeli basketball teams. Neven Spahija is a great coach and he struggled against israeli team last year. Maccabi fired Kattash because it was easier than making the tough decisions and transition of today's era. It was a mistake of the magnitude of Hapoel Tel Aviv and maybe the first mistakes of several more big mistakes.

la bomba
01-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Is it just me or does Sherf always have blood shoot eyes, sweating and shaking and am I the only person that thought Sherf looked like he blackout at the sidelines during the eurobasket. I really believe maccabi made a huge mistake replacing Kattash with Sherf. Maccabi built itself around statistical compilers and they're going to struggle against the "wild west", "commando" and "mercenary" style of the israeli basketball teams. Neven Spahija is a great coach and he struggled against israeli team last year. Maccabi fired Kattash because it was easier than making the tough decisions and transition of today's era. It was a mistake of the magnitude of Hapoel Tel Aviv and maybe the first mistakes of several more big mistakes.
spahija struggled but they still won the league!He is now in a much more competitive league and really finding it hard.5th in the ACB.
Maccabi will regain themselves when Vujcic is back.Anyone think Maccabi won't win the israeli league this year?

b.jerk
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
spahija struggled but they still won the league!He is now in a much more competitive league and really finding it hard.5th in the ACB.
Maccabi will regain themselves when Vujcic is back.Anyone think Maccabi won't win the israeli league this year?

2 games behind first early in the season and qualifying for the second stage early isn't what I would call struggling. Nikola Vujcic is an offensive genius but there's a reason he's doesn't have a nba contract. Vujcic is known to give up more than his fair share of points on defense.

la bomba
01-02-2008, 10:50 PM
2 games behind first early in the season and qualifying for the second stage early isn't what I would call struggling. Nikola Vujcic is an offensive genius but there's a reason he's doesn't have a nba contract. Vujcic is known to give up more than his fair share of points on defense.
Could it not be that maybe he is not that interested in the NBA?genuine question.Or maybe the NBA don't need players of his qualities as their game is slightly different.Look at Smodis he is tremendous too,and a strong defender,yet he is nearly 30 and hasn't been to the nba either.Bodiroga never went and jasikevicius went late,maybe some players have some sense and don't see the attractiveness of going there.

b.jerk
01-03-2008, 06:32 AM
every league is going to have lesser teams,they can't all be contenders,but no league has more contenders than ACB.You say that the lower half is poor.well Barca have lost to Cajasol and Menorca both in the bottom 6.Barca are 4th with 4 defeats.Bilbao are first,they have lost only 3 games.1 of them against murcia who are 11th.TAU have lost one of their matches to Manresa who are in 15th place.So to say that the lower half can't beat the top half is totally false.
I have a great deal of respect for the israeli league and their national team,they overachieve for such a small nation,and they truely love their basketball.But it would be foolish to say their league is anywhere near the top leagues in the med.

I never said they were near the level of the ACB, Greece or the Adriatic league but if Israel added another euroleague team which the country has the talent for they wouldn't be the favorite but would be a consideration. Israel's basketball culture has the aggressiveness, fearlessness and meanness that other countries don't. Maccabi didn't give their last three domestic loses away bnei hasharon, hapoel holon and Ramat Gan took them.

Saw maccabi play today and even if they won they didn't look that great. Maccabi is out of touch and for a team that depends of public funds it will be an issue in the future.

la bomba
01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
I never said they were near the level of the ACB, Greece or the Adriatic league but if Israel added another euroleague team which the country has the talent for they wouldn't be the favorite but would be a consideration. Israel's basketball culture has the aggressiveness, fearlessness and meanness that other countries don't. Maccabi didn't give their last three domestic loses away bnei hasharon, hapoel holon and Ramat Gan took them.

Saw maccabi play today and even if they won they didn't look that great. Maccabi is out of touch and for a team that depends of public funds it will be an issue in the future.
Thats an interesting comment about the public funds.Is that why non-maccabi fans dislike them so much?Is there resentment that they get helped by the state?and why is this allowed?
I don't know about having two israeli teams in euroleague at the moment,however it can't be worse than having two french teams!I mean Le mans are a disgrace,and chorale roanne are only half decent because of Salyers!I hope this will get the euroleague thinking and down their quota to 1!

b.jerk
01-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Thats an interesting comment about the public funds.Is that why non-maccabi fans dislike them so much?Is there resentment that they get helped by the state?and why is this allowed?
I don't know about having two israeli teams in euroleague at the moment,however it can't be worse than having two french teams!I mean Le mans are a disgrace,and chorale roanne are only half decent because of Salyers!I hope this will get the euroleague thinking and down their quota to 1!

The beauty of the euroleague is the worst teams will be regulated. Maccabi's problem is that it has domestic players good enough to win games in the euroleague but the management chooses to bench them for foreign players. Those foreign players are paid millions with public funds by the public television station and the money would be more efficiently used divided equally amongst the domestic teams. If you watch Maccabi you don't see the speed and really the artistic way the israelies play the game and it's more fun to watch the smaller teams play than maccabi. Maccabi has had a lot of bad press recently and the team looks out of touch and for first time the majority favors maccabi's domestic competition over Maccabi. Marcus Fizer, Derek Sharp, David Blumenthal believe Maccabi lost because they weren't motivated by Oded Kattash and the team can win by flipping a switch. The truth is Maccabi isn't as good as they believe they are and when israelies play efficient, fast and physical Maccabi will likely loose. Maccabi isn't done being blowout domestically this year, if anything they'll look worse with their new and likely alcoholic coach.

b.jerk
01-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Will Bynum along with Cummings was arrested last night. He approached a mother at a bar and asked her for sex, her husband intervened. Bynum then sucker punched him in his face after the sucker punch the husband kicked Bynum ass. Cummings and Bynum withdrew into maccabi owned car with a hostile crowd taunting them and trashing their car. Bynum then drove the maccabi owned car into the crowd and running over the 22 year old deejay and I'm not joking than tried to allude the police. The Police caught Bynum and Cummings, arrested him and two Maccabi players are suspects for attempted murder with a vehicle, assault and disorderly conduct. Worse the new coach of Maccabi, Sherf was too drunk to visit the arrested players at the police station and the team owner is trying to justify their actions. Maccabi has so many problems israeli players are refusing to sign to maccabi, their best two prospects Omri Casspi and Lior Eliyahu are unhappy at maccabi and can leave maccabi next year, the foreign players are being blown out by it's domestic rivals and the public views the franchise as out of touch and supports the withdrawl public funds from the team.

la bomba
01-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Will Bynum along with Cummings was arrested last night. He approached a mother at a bar and asked her for sex, her husband intervened. Bynum then sucker punched him in his face after the sucker punch the husband kicked Bynum ass. Cummings and Bynum withdrew into maccabi owned car with a hostile crowd taunting them and trashing their car. Bynum then drove the maccabi owned car into the crowd and running over the 22 year old deejay and I'm not joking than tried to allude the police. The Police caught Bynum and Cummings, arrested him and two Maccabi players are suspects for attempted murder with a vehicle, assault and disorderly conduct. Worse the new coach of Maccabi, Sherf was too drunk to visit the arrested players at the police station and the team owner is trying to justify their actions. Maccabi has so many problems israeli players are refusing to sign to maccabi, their best two prospects Omri Casspi and Lior Eliyahu are unhappy at maccabi and can leave maccabi next year, the foreign players are being blown out by it's domestic rivals and the public views the franchise as out of touch and supports the withdrawl public funds from the team.Sounds like Bynum and cummings are in a lot of trouble!!We could finally see another team win the league in Israel?wow that would be refreshing.Yet in the Euroleague they went to efes and blew them out,with a great Morris.An israeli team feeling more pressure in tel aviv than in istanbul,thats bizarre.Maybe in Israel they should limit the amount of foreigners they can play like in the ACB?

b.jerk
01-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Will Bynum is guilty of being an ass and getting his ass kicked by a pedestrian in a bar. But he isn't a criminal if his story is true and he's going to pay the price for being ass by spending his next five days in jail. I felt sorry for him after seeing the video of him under arrest at the police station.

I'm not for acb quotas, having fans more aware of the world because of basketball is a good thing.

I laughed but does the media have to video Will Bynum in handcuffs, foot chains and wearing a maccabi warm up. It isn't right to humiliate someone before a trial and before the investigation is even complete.

http://images.one.co.il/images/d/gg789977.jpg

http://www.iba.org.il/media/?recorded=tv&broadcastUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fswitch5%2Ecastup%2Enet%2 Fframes%2F20040704_IBA_Popup%2Fiba_gray%2Easp%3Fai %3D3191zA81ar%3Dspecialtv-kadursal_Men-2
If you want to watch today's maccabi's game.

stewen12
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
the isrealie league has been real big lately. Some of the good college players that don't make it in the pros go to the Isreal league. E.G. Lee humprey
Billy Thompson a great dunker who played in the aba played there too

b.jerk
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Will Bynum is going to jail if the tel aviv police can prove he had prior intent to run over a pedestrian.

b.jerk
01-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSFdO3em2I8&eurl=http://www.safsal.co.il/) video of a typical fight for a youth basketball game in israel. It's a sin to like israeli basketball like football, rugby and tabloid journalism but I do.

la bomba
01-08-2008, 07:44 PM
so much for israeli basketball.Hapoel jerusalem have not done them a favour.
Unics 98 Hapoel Jerusalem 45!!!!!wow.one game means nothing I admit but it never helps.

b.jerk
01-09-2008, 02:20 AM
so much for israeli basketball.Hapoel jerusalem have not done them a favour. Unics 98 Hapoel Jerusalem 45!!!!!wow.one game means nothing I admit but it never helps.

Hapoel Jerusalem had to play the game one hour after the plane landed and they beat Unics by over thirty the last game. Israeli basketball is a lot like the SEC, lot's of local talent and a culture that believes in a standard. Their teams will learn to play hard two games a week in the next two years. After that happens their national team will be good enough to beat any team including team USA. Let's hope in the future that game will be played, in the past team USA played in fiba events even if team usa refused to take a fiba drug test. Nba players may not show up to future fiba events if fiba required nba players to take their drug test.

berraco
01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Hapoel Jerusalem had to play the game one hour after the plane landed and they beat Unics by over thirty the last game. Israeli basketball is a lot like the SEC, lot's of local talent and a culture that believes in a standard. Their teams will learn to play hard two games a week in the next two years. After that happens their national team will be good enough to beat any team including team USA. Let's hope in the future that game will be played, in the past team USA played in fiba events even if team usa refused to take a fiba drug test. Nba players may not show up to future fiba events if fiba required nba players to take their drug test.

I really doubt Israel can reach that level in just two years, but I think they could be in their way to increase the chances to be a contender in the future. If I remember well, they were 5th or 6th in the U20 eurobasket, so the initial talent is there. But reaching the level of USA (with their best players), Argentina or Spain is difficult. And they probably will need to protect these young players limiting the number of foreing players. We will see.

b.jerk
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I really doubt Israel can reach that level in just two years, but I think they could be in their way to increase the chances to be a contender in the future. If I remember well, they were 5th or 6th in the U20 eurobasket, so the initial talent is there. But reaching the level of USA (with their best players), Argentina or Spain is difficult. And they probably will need to protect these young players limiting the number of foreing players. We will see.

A real test for a basketball culture is the performance of their lesser national teams. It's true that the israeli youth teams aren't good as they should be since the maccabi youth players selected aren't always the best player available but israel still has a winning history with their university teams and other B level competition. America, Spain and Argentina are larger countries with great basketball coaches but a smaller country like Greece has been competitive to those bigger countries. A lot(really most) of america's best athletes come from a relatively small area of southern military bases where it's hot and there's a culture of athleticism. It wouldn't surprise me if israel does really well in basketball in the future since Israel has a comparable subculture where it's even hotter with more of a focus of athleticism that the majority of countries don't have.

b.jerk
01-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Saw the Maccabi and Unicaja game and Maccabi looked more like the team in preseason than the team at Ramat Gan. Omri Casspi wasn't the only side story of the game but his was the best. Management didn't realize how good Omri Casspi was until a visit from a San Antonio Spurs scout. Omri Casspi played eleven minutes and he looked like the Omri Casspi from Galil-Elyon and not the player at Maccabi. A casual fan could tell he matured this year with maccabi by his improved defense and decision making but he hasn't learned to play the game with all his athleticism. Omri Casspi was dominant enough for Unicaja to choose not to exploit David Blumenthal foul-prone and weak defensive play to keep Casspi on the bench. For the eleven minutes Casspi played he was the best player at 19 not in the nba.

b.jerk
01-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Two interesting side notes, Lior Eliyahu is unhappy with his lack of playing time at maccabi tel aviv and may part ways next season and commentators are saying the youth players will be best prospect ever even better than Omri Casspi(The only player that made Michael Beasley look bad).

la bomba
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Two interesting side notes, Lior Eliyahu is unhappy with his lack of playing time at maccabi tel aviv and may part ways next season and commentators are saying the youth players will be best prospect ever even better than Omri Casspi(The only player that made Michael Beasley look bad).
Any ideas or rumors about where he might go?It seems strange that he doesn't play,every time he plays he looks dangerous,Was it with the same coach when he played the eurobasket in spain? He didn't play the first game then played against Croatia(i think) and was great.

b.jerk
01-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Any ideas or rumors about where he might go?It seems strange that he doesn't play,every time he plays he looks dangerous,Was it with the same coach when he played the eurobasket in spain? He didn't play the first game then played against Croatia(i think) and was great.

Eliyahu can play but I think he's too much of a hebrew school kid rather than a diamondair or other less kind elements people ignore. He's behind Marcus Fizer who plays the game on the offensive end my opinion the right by using his body to go through the defender and Terrance Morris and he plays good enough in the euroleague. Him and Omri Casspi are being used as "safe wall" in the bsl to prevent upsets. Since the rotation didn't change when Oded Kattash resigned I have a feeling Sherf was always in charge of the rotation. I think Lior Eliyahu will play more either because of an injury to Terrance Morris or Marcus Fizer or as a rotation adjustment to a CSKA, Paok, Tau or Olympicos in the second stage. Maccabi seems to rather build around foreigners or some of their youth prospects rather than Eliyahu and I would be surprised if Maccabi and Eliyahu didn't part ways this offseason.

la bomba
01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Where do you think he will go?very few israelis actually play outside israel.I know Halperin played in Slovenia.I think he would do well in spain or greece.I know he had been drafted but I think his career has gone back a step because of his lack of minutes this season.

b.jerk
01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Where do you think he will go?very few israelis actually play outside israel.I know Halperin played in Slovenia.I think he would do well in spain or greece.I know he had been drafted but I think his career has gone back a step because of his lack of minutes this season.

Only him and his agent would know but he played well today on sport5+. Preseason last year coach of maccabi and this years coach of Tau Victoria requested Lior Eliyahu for a loan.

la bomba
01-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Only him and his agent would know but he played well today on sport5+. Preseason last year coach of maccabi and this years coach of Tau Victoria requested Lior Eliyahu for a loan.yes he did well for spahija but will spahija still be at tau next year?There are rumours that dusko ivanovic will return to TAU as he finishes his contract with barca who are definately not going to offer him a new one.

b.jerk
01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
I think the Rockets will offer him the standard nba contract next year since the Rockets like most teams want to save money and the league standard for a second round draft pick is 500K. But basketball is a business and he will be offer more money to play in europe and likely won't leave. It won't surprise me other players like Rudy Fernandez or Tiago Splitter will be offered more money to stay in europe or better nba players are offered competitive contract. Two selling points I periodically read about Lior Eliyahu and Omri Casspi are their leaping and athleticism didn't come from doping(hgh) and players that do dope won't have the same longevity and athleticism throughout their careers.

Saw the game with AJ Milano and Sherf played Batista at center and Vujcic at small forward as if Vujcic could stop any power forward that can jump two feet. It looks like Maccabi is going to Yaniv Green, Lior Eliyahu and Sharon Sasson, Omri Casspi. I believe both will rather leave Maccabi than waste their careers on maccabi's bench and the better israeli players will refuse to sign with maccabi. Sherf succeeds because he is surrounded by better talent, maccabi won't have the same magnitude advantage next year and will be exposed.

b.jerk
01-26-2008, 09:00 PM
It's been a great two weeks for Israeli basketball 6-0 in international competition, Raviv Limonad(the only elite player Le Mann has) leading Le Manns to their first euroleague victory and the construction of a new stadium at euroleague standards for Hapoel Jerusalem advances. If Hapoel Jerusalem could sign Raviv Limonad, Lior Eliyahu and Yaniv Green this off season they could make it to the euroleague and be a force against maccabi.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3633/netaniastadium12072007npi4.jpg

b.jerk
01-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Typical and eventful week in the bsl there were multiple fights during multiple games and the Hapoel Jerusalem and Bnei Hasharon game was the most violent. There were some many forearms to the throat and back hands to the head the referees stopped caring and didn't call them. There was one point Dror Hagag through one of the ex-nba american center over his back and to the ground. Maccabi is still a mess Lior Eliyahu is sick of maccabi and wants to leave, the coach Sherf to the media complained about the officiating and the Galil coach called maccabi a bunch of crybabies and even said maccabi was so out of touch that maccabi eventually fall and Galil had more of a future in israeli basketball. All in all a typical week of israeli basketball including the usual death threats, racist chants by fans and the entire league having no respect and hating the national team coach. On the positive side no maccabi players ran over a pedestrian three times, or homemade bomb thrown on the court threating player and maiming a security guard, or vandalization of the bsl headquarter with the typical graffiti of "we know where you live and we want to kill you, traitors".

b.jerk
02-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Thank you for being polite, but you totally missed my point.
I wasn't talking about this year in particular, but rather on the long-term ability of the franchise.

Yes, Hapoel Jerusalem kind of fell on their faces this year but a franchise with 5,000,000$ and a potential to bring 6,000 fans every game, could make it in the ACB.
But Beni-Hasharon and Holon, despite having a good year, and other clubs like Naharia and the Galille simply don't have the budget and fan base to compete in the ACB for a long term.
Perhaps Holon, Naharia, and Galille together with the late Hapoel Tel-Aviv have the potential to be there at some point in the future, but not now.

If you're saying that the stadiums are better and the operation are better in the acb than the bsl than I completely I agree with you but israel is building some new stadiums. You may think I'm crazy and delusional but I really don't want the bsl to become the acb and one of the bsl most endearing features is it's lack of size and it's small town feel. It's one of the few leagues were a guy who is a great pickup basketball and has the size and attitude doesn't have the barriers preventing them from the major league. Sometimes when I watch professional basketball I wonder if I'm seeing the best basketball possible because there's a lot of politics involved and people who could be great players do get discouraged and quit. With the shekel rising and strong television ratings it's not inconceivable to see a $4-5 budget average in the near future.

b.jerk
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Hapoel Jerusalem upset Maccabi to retain the cup and Maccabi fans are already calling for Sherf's dismissal. It isn't like Maccabi is mediocre, maccabi has improved a lot during the season and are now really good. Hapoel Jerusalem struggled in the midpoint of the season but are now looking really good and to be honest all the bsl is underrated and are really good. Jamie Arnold was the mvp of the game and he will never get his chance to play in the nba again but he could. Omri Casspi looked good and if he played more he would be the best at 19 in europe and maybe more but maccabi understandably doesn't want to put their fortune with a teenager but he's going to be huge in the euroleague or in the nba.

If you want to view the game over the net here is a link (http://www.iba.org.il/media/)

final.wrath
02-07-2008, 11:07 PM
isreal needs to check itself. america's youth has woken up and we know about the rothschilds.

b.jerk
02-08-2008, 03:34 AM
isreal needs to check itself. america's youth has woken up and we know about the rothschilds.

Please enlighten me

b.jerk
02-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Maccabi looked really good today and better than any team in the acb now but I have to ask the question why didn't Omri Casspi play more? He may not have developed earlier in the year but he's got the too big and too good to be stopped quality to him. With him Maccabi's got the chance to get lucky and pull an upset in the big games later on.

b.jerk
02-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Hapoel Jerusalem and Maccabi played today, some would call it a rivalry but until Hapoel Jerusalem wins the championship I won't consider the matchup a rivalry. Omri Casspi and Lior Eliyahu seemed to get along well and have a nice conversation with the management and coach of Hapoel Jerusalem and it would be a disaster for Maccabi if either of them left.

b.jerk
02-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Hapoel Jerusalem was blew out in the fourth quarter by Besiktas Turka, Hapoel Jerusalem didn't get the calls but they still need to perform regardless. The israeli coaches need to be held accountable for their team choking and player not performing consistently.

stax
03-02-2008, 05:34 AM
http://www.ballineurope.com/specials/funny-notes/team-of-heroes-nike-goes-europe/#more-531

crazy!

b.jerk
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Surprisingly, Maccabi lost again domestically.

b.jerk
03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Oded Kattash is returning as coach of Galil Elyon, I kinda of feel bad for him since he was responsible for many of the successful signings of Maccabi Tel Aviv including Terrance Morris and it wasn't his fault maccabi didn't jell as early as they should of. He wouldn't of been better off staying at Galil Elyon and leading them in the ULEB but now Galil Elyon is no longer qualified for the uleb and he has to start from scratch again. I think he'll be successful since he knows how to develop raw talent with ability and that raw talent is plentiful where he is.

b.jerk
04-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Hapoel Holon upset Maccabi Tel Aviv today, I got three thoughts. Morris was great but even his best game wasn't good enough for a win and if Maccabi losses key players next year could be a disaster for maccabi. I want to compliment Maccabi's management for still believing in David Blumenthal after losing maccabi 10+ games most teams would bench him or release him but maccabi has faith in Blumenthal, his complete game and his defense. Casspi has as much talent as everyone else but he isn't ready for the nba, he only took eight shots today and someone with his natural talent should be taking at least 15. Maccabi has too much scoring potential for him to get 20 shots a game consistently but physically and skill wise he has everything but he needs to learn how to get and manage more shots for a game, the great players in the nba usually manage 30 shots a game but they can manage 35-40 shots per game and sometimes even more.

gsafier
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Not an upset. Hapoel Holon today is as good as Maccabi.
I'm not sure who would win in a series between the two.

b.jerk
04-26-2008, 03:01 PM
It's only my opinion, maccabi is the most talented team in israel because they made it to the euroleague final four and that's something Hapoel Holon couldn't do. With that said I also have the opinion that the management of maccabi incompetence has been masked because they were the only team with a real budget and stadium in israel and now that other teams are making some revenue things are going to change.

b.jerk
04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I want to congratulate maccabi's leadership and their belief in David Blumenthal, it is obvious that maccabi is in control and are free from doubt of their ability over their domestic rivals.

b.jerk
05-07-2008, 04:42 AM
It looks like Hapoel Jerusalem will finally get their euroleague stadium, construction will start in two weeks and will seat 5,700 people with the option of further construction seating 10,000 people

b.jerk
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Maccabi lost again and they are 1 out 5 for their last domestic games and maccabi was lucky to get that win. Congratulations to David Blumenthal he was his usual self in the fourth quarter 0 points in 15 minutes. What can I say Oded Kattash is the better coach.

la bomba
05-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Maccabi lost again and they are 1 out 5 for their last domestic games and maccabi was lucky to get that win. Congratulations to David Blumenthal he was his usual self in the fourth quarter 0 points in 15 minutes. What can I say Oded Kattash is the better coach.
who leads at the moment in israel?

gsafier
05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
who leads at the moment in israel?

Hapoel Holon, which in my opinion, are just as good as Maccabi.
Meaning, in a series between the two, I'm not sure who would win.

la bomba
05-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Hapoel Holon, which in my opinion, are just as good as Maccabi.
Meaning, in a series between the two, I'm not sure who would win.
so lets say that miraculously maccabi do not win the league.who goes to the euroleague?is it always the champion?
Or do maccabi have a guaranteed place?

b.jerk
05-10-2008, 08:49 PM
It wouldn't be an issue, neither Hapoel Holon and Hapoel Jerusalem won't have a facility ready for the euroleague next year but when they do which will be soon than the israeli league will be in a different tier

b.jerk
05-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey Maccabi lost again 5 out of the last 6 domestically, How's Sherf's job security since Kattash was fired for much less

gsafier
05-13-2008, 12:36 PM
so lets say that miraculously maccabi do not win the league.who goes to the euroleague?is it always the champion?
Or do maccabi have a guaranteed place?

First of al this year it wouldn't be so miraculous (though it does seem funny when you think Maccabi is supposed to be the 2nd best in Europe).

But if it happens, Maccabi's spot is safe and sound under a contract.
Pretty much like the CSKA & Zalgiris contracts.
That's on top of the arena's issue B.J mentioned before.

la bomba
05-13-2008, 04:18 PM
First of al this year it wouldn't be so miraculous (though it does seem funny when you think Maccabi is supposed to be the 2nd best in Europe).

But if it happens, Maccabi's spot is safe and sound under a contract.
Pretty much like the CSKA & Zalgiris contracts.
That's on top of the arena's issue B.J mentioned before.
Yeah I thought so.the euroleague have triannual agreements with clubs based on their coefficient from domestic league,cups etc.Unicaja and TAU in Spain have guaranteed participation next year even if they go out of the league in the qtr finals.Unicaja finished 8th in the regular season and now have madrid in the qtrs, so they could be out,yet they will be in the euroleague.

b.jerk
05-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Maccabi isn't a sure thing, I saw Nitzan Hanochi play today and if maccabi is going to put David Blumenthal on him than maccabi is going to lose. If the big euroleague teams are smart than they'll give Nitzan Hanochi an invite. He's talented enough to play in the nba but with league politics, he won't.

b.jerk
05-21-2008, 10:43 PM
It's my opinion that Kattash is right about Sherf and I predicting Meir Tapiro and Nitzan Hanochi will have a solid final four and Bnei Hasharon will be domestic champions

b.jerk
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
It looks as if Tvika Sherf goes on drunk rampages at Lior Eliyahu at practice and the entire national team hates Sherf but yet he remains coach, why am I not surprised.

b.jerk
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Maccabi stole the win against Bnei Hasharon, Bnei Hasharon was leading most of the game but should of played better, bnei blew a comfortable win

b.jerk
05-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Thanks to Tubby Blumenthal Hapoel Holon is the champion of the bsl, next year Hapoel Holon along with Bnei Hasharon and perhaps hapoel jerusalem with Kattash as coach will be playing in the uleb.

Maccabi had the potential to be as good as a nba playoff team but instead management wanted to do things as they always did and as a result maccabi was second best in the winners cup, euroleague and the bsl. Kattash wanted a lineup for the future but Sherf had the final say and maccabi was always playing in the past with Blumenthal and Sharp and it's time for Maccabi and the national team to move on. Casspi maybe drafted but unsigned and maccabi has Anton Shoutvin so maccabi has a chance to be the dominant team next season but management needs a new plan for next season.

I thought the israeli's players improved a lot this year but until they have some individual strategy for a particular game, rebound, one-on-one breakdown the bsl will still be a one team league, the barrier was the strategy and game play and not athleticism. To often Meir Tapiro, Casspi, Shasson or Eliyahu would disappear because of a lack of a game plan or didn't have an idea for an one-on-one offensive breakdown.

la bomba
06-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Thanks to Tubby Blumenthal Hapoel Holon is the champion of the bsl, next year Hapoel Holon along with Bnei Hasharon and perhaps hapoel jerusalem with Kattash as coach will be playing in the uleb.

Maccabi had the potential to be as good as a nba playoff team but instead management wanted to do things as they always did and as a result maccabi was second best in the winners cup, euroleague and the bsl. Kattash wanted a lineup for the future but Sherf had the final say and maccabi was always playing in the past with Blumenthal and Sharp and it's time for Maccabi and the national team to move on. Casspi maybe drafted but unsigned and maccabi has Anton Shoutvin so maccabi has a chance to be the dominant team next season but management needs a new plan for next season.

I thought the israeli's players improved a lot this year but until they have some individual strategy for a particular game, rebound, one-on-one breakdown the bsl will still be a one team league, the barrier was the strategy and game play and not athleticism. To often Meir Tapiro, Casspi, Shasson or Eliyahu would disappear because of a lack of a game plan or didn't have an idea for an one-on-one offensive breakdown.
So Maccabi didn't win the israeli league?wow!
Where is Vujcic going next season?he has just been released.

cartmanclone
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I can't watch a league based in an illegitemate country like Israel

b.jerk
06-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I can't watch a league based in an illegitemate country like Israel

There are reasons to feel that way but as long as there are people there that do exceptional work someone will always do business with israel

b.jerk
06-06-2008, 03:11 PM
It will depend who slips but it looks like Casspi has earned enough interest to play in the nba next season, we'll see what maccabi does with Anton Shoutvin.

Effi Birenboim will be replacing Ziv Sherf but Sherf will remain with the maccabi organization. Maccabi's inability to get an established euroleague coach is likely a sign of problems within the organization.

Nikola Vujcic is leaving maccabi, he would earn more money with other teams and was too much of a finesse player for the israeli league.

Maccabi Haifa has signed Ido Kozikaro and Sharon Sasson. The league spread itself thin with 12 teams and will rely on unproven players in interleague and league competition.

b.jerk
06-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Maccabi is reportedly trying to sign Guy Pniny and there's no official information coming from Omri Casspi workouts. What is available is the bloggers and reporters with no association with israel saying that he's doing very well, you never know until draft day but Casspi is likely gone from maccabi.

b.jerk
06-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Yotam Halperin maybe leaving maccabi for Olympiacos

b.jerk
06-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Casspi has spurn the nba and decided to remain with maccabi for more money, it's a good thing for maccabi because they had already lost Halperin to Olympiacos and Eliyahu to either Tau or Holon. He was going to be either a late first round or early second round pick but it looks like the nba isn't as big of a deal as it used to be. Too bad for the nba, teams are having a hard time paying the bills and needed a new market.

Looks as if Denver wanted Halperin's rights from Seattle but Halperin would make more money with Olympiacos.

b.jerk
07-20-2008, 05:56 AM
It looks as if Lior Eliyahu is going to screw maccabi and sign with Tau Ceramica. Good for him, maccabi treated him like **** and used patriotism as they always do to rationalize it.

la bomba
07-21-2008, 11:23 AM
It looks as if Lior Eliyahu is going to screw maccabi and sign with Tau Ceramica. Good for him, maccabi treated him like **** and used patriotism as they always do to rationalize it.
Eliyahu is a really underestimated player and totally misused by maccabi and israel.Last year in the euros(why do israel play in them?another story)he was their best player when they decided to play him against croatia and then the next game back to then bench.With Maccabi its the same.Is it true he is going to TAU?I hope Ivanovic won't destroy his career like he almost certainly has at barca with vasquez,kasun and nearly ilyasova.Kozikuro and shasson are good local signings for maccabi.I think there should be no israeli teams in the euroleague,however as that is not the case,I think Israel and russia deserve two teams ,they are far better than the Fench and German muck that we get every year devaluating the competition.

b.jerk
07-21-2008, 07:02 PM
In the past other euroleague countries didn't scout in israel but it's different now. Israel could have two good euroleague teams and be a smaller Greece but they rather have a 12 team bsl and a 16 team soccer league.

la bomba
07-22-2008, 09:34 AM
In the past other euroleague countries didn't scout in israel but it's different now. Israel could have two good euroleague teams and be a smaller Greece but they rather have a 12 team bsl and a 16 team soccer league.
12 and 16 are good numbers respectively.

b.jerk
07-22-2008, 12:30 PM
No it's 12 and 16 is past their market size and it only benefits maccabi

la bomba
07-27-2008, 03:11 PM
doesn't look like eliyahu has signed for TAU.Infact Pamesa want him.and cajasol want Limonad.

b.jerk
07-31-2008, 06:31 PM
I really don't care but it's so obvious that I have to say this. The israeli national teams have the worse coaching ever, most coaches prepare their teams for every game but the israeli teams are only prepared 60% of the time. They never make it to the next round because they either lose to portugal, or to Italy by 40 but they beat Serbia or Croatia or Lithuania. They would even beat teams like Spain and Greece sometimes if they were prepared for four quarters. And it's always the same coaches that always justify their incompetence by blaming the players.

b.jerk
08-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Sport5 is online and there is a whole community around the world the have links to archived and live broadcasts. The government limits broadcasting of private media(just think if all television was like PBS) and there's a whole net media thing that is exist as a counterbalance that I don't necessarily agree with but I understand why it's there. Really webtv and internet news exists today the way it does because of what those guys did.

la bomba
08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Arroyo to maccabi.
Very good signing bjerk?

b.jerk
08-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I think Carlos Arroyo and his Puerto Rico pride is going to take a hit with Maccabi. In a month or two he's going to look human and the spectators will either by saying that he wasn't any good or the guard play in the bsl was underrated. Regardless, Maccabi is no olympiacos.

la bomba
08-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I hear moni fanan has finally retired and shelef taken over.Is this good or bad ?

b.jerk
08-08-2008, 03:12 AM
I hear moni fanan has finally retired and shelef taken over.Is this good or bad ?

Moni Fanan left because Maccabi believed a new philosophy was necessary and stated the goal of player development over recruitment. Sherf is still with maccabi but we've all had a our Sherf in our family or at work and he's not going to be accomplishing anything.

In other news Ralph Klein died, he was coach of maccabi and won one of the greatest matches in sports ever played, the championship over the USSR was bigger than the 79 miracle.

Grinder
08-22-2008, 03:28 AM
Hapoel Jerusalem has inked Adam Haluska. Good signing for them.

ball4real
09-03-2008, 02:47 AM
why hasnt anyone signed mike campbell?? he is one of the best players out there now...smart, good shooter, and great team player...

b.jerk
10-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Things are getting hot for maccabi, maccabi lost seven in a row including being knocked from a preseason tournament by Galil. I always thought maccabi wasted their domestic talent and it looks like it's finally caught up to them.

Grinder
10-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Maccabi lost to Galil 77-79, lmao.

Brian Roberts dropped 24 on them.

Huey Freeman
10-16-2008, 01:09 AM
I think Carlos Arroyo and his Puerto Rico pride is going to take a hit with Maccabi. In a month or two he's going to look human and the spectators will either by saying that he wasn't any good or the guard play in the bsl was underrated. Regardless, Maccabi is no olympiacos.
Yeah, I don't know where this Arroyo is so good nonsense came from. I mean I bet he'll probably shine with Maccabi (or at least do better than he did on the Magic). But he's really not that impressive of a player.

b.jerk
10-16-2008, 05:04 AM
Carlos Arroyo wasn't an elite point guard in the nba but he was one of the better ones. It's a different game, the nba is a slow jogging/walking game where players isolate and do their thing. The game in Israel is all about speed and a lot of nba players would struggle like Arroyo. There's some inconsistency from game to game but I'm surprised with the talent level this year and I didn't think it be this good this fast. The adjustment Galil made to Arroyo in two weeks was incredible.

b.jerk
11-21-2008, 01:48 AM
This is a great link if you're interested in basketball. (http://www.triangleinternet.tv/)

b.jerk
11-26-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm saying now Pini Gershon's second go around with maccabi will be a failure. Maccabi has the talent nba teams would salivate over but management is incompetent and they can't manage today's team. Maccabi will suffer more loses with Pini Gershon than if maccabi kept Birenboim. Maccabi didn't have to deal with the same level of competition in his glory days. It will be interesting which team(s) will fill maccabi's void.

I will only retract if Gershon builds the season around their two most talented players Lior Eliyahu and Casspi.

b.jerk
12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Lior Eliyahu caught cibona with their pants down in a statistical sense. It was an impressive performance, but he needs to be more of a finisher. He could of had more of an impact during the end of the game.

Grinder
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Bnei Hasharon defeats Maccabi Tel-Aviv despite Arroyo's 21/7/7 performance further showing how ****ty of a team Maccabi is. They can't even beat the 6th best team in Israel. :lol

Huey Freeman
12-17-2008, 02:43 AM
Just one game.

b.jerk
12-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Carlos Arroyo lost the game, he physically wasn't fast enough to stay in front of the bnei hasharon guards on defense. What happened was Bnei Hasharon is now getting some production from it's younger inexperienced players that they didn't get at the start of the season. For the last three years the bsl teams started weak because of inexperienced but finished strong. The same thing is happening this year.

Huey Freeman
12-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Is that game up on Triangle Internet.tv yet? I've been trying to watch it, but not having luck. Also, I want to start catching Euroleague games (Maccabi Tel Aviv ones to be exact), what's the best way to watch them?

b.jerk
12-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Is that game up on Triangle Internet.tv yet? I've been trying to watch it, but not having luck. Also, I want to start catching Euroleague games (Maccabi Tel Aviv ones to be exact), what's the best way to watch them?

euroleague.net has all the games available for a fee.
http://www.myp2p.eu/ and jumptv are free.
talkbasket forums always have a link to a game.

Huey Freeman
12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
euroleague.net has all the games available for a fee.
http://www.myp2p.eu/ and jumptv are free.
talkbasket forums always have a link to a game.
Thanks. I really appreciate it. :)

Huey Freeman
12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
http://www.maccabi.co.il/News.asp?id=1743&language=english

:(

b.jerk
12-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Naharyia is my favorite team in the bsl, Raviv Limonad is my favorite player and I enjoy nothing more than a maccabi domestic loss. The way the media and owners handle their disappointment is always a joy to watch. I expected the league would learn to handle Carlos Arroyo because the same happened with Marcus Fizer, Lee Nailon and other players in the past, but I didn't think they would learn this fast. Everyone knew the athleticism was there but know-it-alls wearing the jackets with elbow patches or the good-ole boys with the golf shirts at the country club.

b.jerk
02-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Maccabi lost again to galil elyon this time by twenty. Lior Eliyahu didn't play and Omri Casspi got injured and didn't play much and you could see how much maccabi needs them. This wasn't the best time to buy my Carlos Arroyo maccabi jersey.

Taras Bulba
02-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Maccabi lost again to galil elyon this time by twenty. Lior Eliyahu didn't play and Omri Casspi got injured and didn't play much and you could see how much maccabi needs them. This wasn't the best time to buy my Carlos Arroyo maccabi jersey.
It was a practice game...

b.jerk
02-17-2009, 03:18 PM
It was a practice game...

Maccabi still really sucks without Eliyahu and Casspi. You just have to wonder what the hell management is thinking, if they can think.

Taras Bulba
02-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Maccabi still really sucks without Eliyahu and Casspi. You just have to wonder what the hell management is thinking, if they can think.
Well, I don't know many European teams that wouldn't have a reduced performance without 2 of their best players. This particular game was a friendly game, which are used to rest some players and give playing time to other players in order to help them gel in.

Eliyahu is rumoured to have offers from other European clubs in the summer.

b.jerk
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, I don't know many European teams that wouldn't have a reduced performance without 2 of their best players. This particular game was a friendly game, which are used to rest some players and give playing time to other players in order to help them gel in.

Eliyahu is rumoured to have offers from other European clubs in the summer.

Good for Lior Eliyahu he should leave maccabi for the way he was treated

la bomba
02-18-2009, 06:57 AM
I thought Eliyahu was joining TAU this year. I think he is a great player that could be a force if he left maccabi.
This is not a question to antagonize israelis,but the shahr peer thing is pissing me off,so much attention over nothing.let's test israeli double standards, you argue not to mix sports and politics,which I am all for,and I am also in favour of letting her play(probably wouldnt get past the 2nd rd) however is maccabi playing in the euroleague not political? Is Israel playing in european competitions and european qualifyers not political? what will it be? I say let peer play in dubai as she should but then play qualyfiers for the asian cups and lets face it for football you would have a better chance of getting to a world cup.Lets not say you dont play in syria and iran for safety reason because that is the reason dubai rejected peer visa.

b.jerk
02-18-2009, 02:29 PM
The politics makes me sick so I avoid it. Turkey's really an asia country but they play in europe because of the competition and the same is with israel. In any fair competition israel would dominate the middle east and that would either be boring to watch or the politics annoying. The bottom line is israel is good for business and that why they're in. Maccabi's is bigger business than more than half the nba.

kohsterized41
04-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey check out my blog about trying to become a pro basketball player overseas. I think you will like it! http://kohsterized.blogspot.com

Grinder
05-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Maccabi has signed Chuck Eidson. Big pickup for them, he lead Rytas to the Eurocup, National Championship, President's cup and Baltic league titles.

la bomba
05-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Maccabi has signed Chuck Eidson. Big pickup for them, he lead Rytas to the Eurocup, National Championship, President's cup and Baltic league titles.
I saw him a couple of years ago when Rytas got to the uleb cup final,he was good but last year in the euroleague he was very mediocre.

Psych0
05-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Some say that Maccabi is interested in Allan Anderson who currently plays for Cibona. He is great player who puts big numbers in Adriatic league and A1 league (croatian championship). He was very good in Euroleague too...

Great physical play and average shoot, but he is not selfish player ang could have place in Maccabi.

la bomba
05-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Some say that Maccabi is interested in Allan Anderson who currently plays for Cibona. He is great player who puts big numbers in Adriatic league and A1 league (croatian championship). He was very good in Euroleague too...

Great physical play and average shoot, but he is not selfish player ang could have place in Maccabi.
maccabi are renowned for making shrewd signings. Parker,Morris,Fischer,baston etc ,players that were not very well known but did big things for maccabi.ok they do screw it up sometimes,like bluementhal or bynum.

Lu
05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
maccabi are renowned for making shrewd signings. Parker,Morris,Fischer,baston etc ,players that were not very well known but did big things for maccabi.ok they do screw it up sometimes,like bluementhal or bynum.

Maccabi hasn't, nowadays, the roster they had in the past, mainly when Anthony Parker, Sarunas Jasikevicius and Nikola Vujcic were there. With this players, the yellow and blue team won back-to-back Euroleague titles (2004, 2005).

b.jerk
05-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Can someone explain to me why Casspi wants to play for rookie scale in the nba if he has offers for 3-4 million tax free. Is the nba really great to sacrifice being a big star in europe.

Taras Bulba
05-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Can someone explain to me why Casspi wants to play for rookie scale in the nba if he has offers for 3-4 million tax free. Is the nba really great to sacrifice being a big star in europe.
Nobody offers 3-4m to Casspi.

la bomba
05-30-2009, 06:55 AM
The lure the NBA has for some(most players) to me is a mystery. I have always played basketball and even in my wildest dreams I didn't even think of the NBA,my wildest dreams where always winning the european cup final/final four.I saw one of the best of 7 kobe vs nuggets games and it was ludicrous.At one point Kobe had 3 possessions in a row where he used all 24 seconds and did not pass it to anyone!Kept bouncing and bouncing and when time ran up he stepped back and threw a brick.If I was Gasol ,Fisher or any of the other lackeys I'd have ****ed off!Lakers have only won that tie once they decided to play inside to Gasol and Kobe cuts his shots down from 1567 to 20!

b.jerk
05-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know when the result for the vertical jump, speed and strength tests will be released?

b.jerk
06-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Here's a link to Omri Casspi's workout in Sacremento. (http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2009_06.html) From what I saw he's an nba athlete but by the amount of mistakes he made, he's not ready for the nba. He needs to spend a year away from Israel on a team that's not going to kiss his ass and fix the mistakes in his game and develop in the weight room. I think the star potential if he gets that america's not israel and is a chrissy-chris country.

b.jerk
06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Former newspaper and current washed-up left-wing blog Haaretz that likes washed-up Derek Sharp is reporting rumors from washed-up management of maccabi that Casspi will return to maccabi and not play in the washed-up nba. The washed-up nba is currently part of the "sports entertainment" industry along with the wwe and is not considered a "sports league" like the euroleague, nhl, nfl, and mlb. The nba draft is full of boring players with no personality in their game. I'm not going to watch Stephan Curry because he's Dell Curry's son.

cormacraig
06-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Nobody offers 3-4m to Casspi.

And he is still far from being a European star...

cormacraig
06-16-2009, 07:41 AM

Eidson hadn't yet sign officially. Same for Allen Anderson.

b.jerk
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
And he is still far from being a European star...

Second half of the year he did well. Winning won't be a given with Chuck Edison or David Blumental. Casspi is someone to draft to see his potential after six months in the weight room and learning the nba game.

Jeremy Tyler is allegedly signing at Maccabi Haifa. I think it's great for Maccabi Haifa but I don't know how it benefits Jeremy Tyler. Center is the one position in israel that will less like suffer the Marcus Fizer or Carlos Arroyo effect. Still, Maccabi Haifa isn't in the euroleague, I don't think player development in israel is that good, and he could be the next guy that comes to israel and struggles.

Grinder
06-16-2009, 08:46 PM
This will get Haifa a lot of publicity if nothing else.

cormacraig
06-22-2009, 07:27 AM
This will get Haifa a lot of publicity if nothing else.

Don't dismiss publicity so easily - in a league were the last 40 years had one team winning 38 championships, making some PR impact could really help in money recruit for the team.

Slam1
08-03-2009, 10:27 AM
What does everyone think of the national Israeli team in the Eurobasket 2009. This Israeli team could really surprise a lot of people because they have some go-to-scorers in Halperin and Eliyahu, a good post presence in Green, and hopefully a rising star in Casspi even though it looks like he won't play this year. Look for Israel to advance at least one round in this tournament (http://euroleagueadventures.com/israel-i-believe-you-believe-we-believe/) and possibly shock Croatia in it's first game.

-Slam

http://euroleagueadventures.com/

Husodonsede
09-05-2009, 07:26 PM
22 juil 2008 Du viagra contre les problemes sexuels des femmes depressives - Le Viagra, connu pour ses effets contre l'impuissance, s'est montre efficace
Vente Viagra (http://board.talibkweli.com/index.php?showuser=4408)
Vente Viagra online (http://board.talibkweli.com/index.php?showuser=4410)
Acheter Viagra Generique (http://forums.3ivx.com/index.php?showuser=16784)
Acheter Viagra online (http://www.folkd.com/user/sventin)
Acheter Viagra Generique (http://www.codeproject.com/Members/stagor)
Avant de commander Viagra, il est
important d'etre prevenu des possibles effets secondaires. Ceux-ci peuvent entrainer : - une alteration de la Vision,

b.jerk
10-20-2009, 05:37 AM
The off court antics of israeli basketball continues. Pini Gershon refused to leave the court in an exhibition game against the Knicks. Maccabi is not a good team this year but if my team outcome was predetermined by the officiating, I would make a statement too. Best line was "I don't work for the nba"

Moshe Fanan committed suicide, it's another sad story of an athlete with nothing but his sport. There are way too many sad stories of athletes being dumb ex-jocks because they had no identity outside of basketball, football, soccer....

Huey Freeman
11-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Any more links to Maccabi Tel Aviv games?