PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Need To Go Gay!

dffsaf
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
after many weeks of draft examination,ive made my final decsion that the raptors should take rudy gay number 1. Gay has been the consensus no. 1 pick for the 06 draft for the last 2 years. He has unbelievable talent and ability, i see almost no weaknesses to his game. And its not like he had a bad year in college, he juss didnt explode like expected, and why??? he was playing for the best team in the country.That team was incredible deep had far to many option on it for Rudy to be superman, the shots had to be shared, and the team was to crowded.Just to show how good that team really was i can tell you that guys off their bench are expected to be drafted this year!!!!..I say if you have number 1 you have to go with Gay.you look at marvin williams who went 2 last year and then you look at Gay (same age) and Gay is ten times the player and potential that marvin was and is suppose to be...Gay has a great body, great attitude, ridiculous ability, and out of this world potential. In a year where there is no cant miss pick , it may be the perfect oppurtunity to take a risk and go for the biggest reward.Toronto would be smart to go Gay..

TheReturnofCed
06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
after many weeks of draft examination,ive made my final decsion that the raptors should take rudy gay number 1. Gay has been the consensus no. 1 pick for the 06 draft for the last 2 years. He has unbelievable talent and ability, i see almost no weaknesses to his game. And its not like he had a bad year in college, he juss didnt explode like expected, and why??? he was playing for the best team in the country.That team was incredible deep had far to many option on it for Rudy to be superman, the shots had to be shared, and the team was to crowded.Just to show how good that team really was i can tell you that guys off their bench are expected to be drafted this year!!!!..I say if you have number 1 you have to go with Gay.you look at marvin williams who went 2 last year and then you look at Gay (same age) and Gay is ten times the player and potential that marvin was and is suppose to be...Gay has a great body, great attitude, ridiculous ability, and out of this world potential.Toronto would be smart to go Gay..

Bad pick IMO. Get Aldridge. Or trade down for Marcus Williams.

hawkfan
06-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Trade scenario:

Hawks get

Villenueva

Raptors get

No. 5 pick in the draft (which they can use on Rudy Gay, Adam Morrison or Brandon Roy - whoever is left).

The Hawks get a center in Villenueva, while the Raptors get a top wing player to go along with Bosh, Barghnani, Graham and whoever plays point guard.

24/7
06-07-2006, 04:05 PM
What's the news here? The Raptors and their fans already are gay.

Tips4
06-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Ha how origional ! Let me guess ...you are a Kobe Groupie ???

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
06-07-2006, 04:13 PM
if Gay goes to Canada.... the Raptors will continue to be the butt of all jokes

Sham
06-07-2006, 04:43 PM
if Gay goes to Canada.... the Raptors will continue to be the butt of all jokes

Wrong. That would still be the Knicks.

Dr.Funk
06-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Trade scenario:

Hawks get

Villenueva

Raptors get

No. 5 pick in the draft (which they can use on Rudy Gay, Adam Morrison or Brandon Roy - whoever is left).

The Hawks get a center in Villenueva, while the Raptors get a top wing player to go along with Bosh, Barghnani, Graham and whoever plays point guard.

Ummm...HELL NO!

I agree Rudy Gay is the guy the raps should pick.

craigthomasb
06-07-2006, 04:49 PM
WHAEY! rudy gay all the way baby! #1

with our cap space we can easily get a good PG and a banger in free agency, witch change to spare

also if we get denham brown in the 2nd, we will ahve 3 uconn guys who all played together (and won a championship together?)

Klepto
06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
after many weeks of draft examination,ive made my final decsion that the raptors should take rudy gay number 1. Gay has been the consensus no. 1 pick for the 06 draft for the last 2 years. He has unbelievable talent and ability, i see almost no weaknesses to his game. And its not like he had a bad year in college, he juss didnt explode like expected, and why??? he was playing for the best team in the country.That team was incredible deep had far to many option on it for Rudy to be superman, the shots had to be shared, and the team was to crowded.Just to show how good that team really was i can tell you that guys off their bench are expected to be drafted this year!!!!..I say if you have number 1 you have to go with Gay.you look at marvin williams who went 2 last year and then you look at Gay (same age) and Gay is ten times the player and potential that marvin was and is suppose to be...Gay has a great body, great attitude, ridiculous ability, and out of this world potential. In a year where there is no cant miss pick , it may be the perfect oppurtunity to take a risk and go for the biggest reward.Toronto would be smart to go Gay..

Just the fact you wrote the Raptors need to go gay makes me think you are possibly the biggest homo in here.

CeltsFanNumbaOne
06-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Dude, the raptors have chris Bosh, Charlie V, and Joey Grahm. They have enoug yout. They need to trade their pick and maybe a player for a true center or point guard or maybe some money for a free agent. But another young guy will not help much. They are in more need of leadership than anything else. If they can sign a cheap vet, trade for a good vet then the will be in better shape then ever. But dude, using their pick?:no:

Unregistered
06-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Dude, the raptors have chris Bosh, Charlie V, and Joey Grahm. They have enoug yout. They need to trade their pick and maybe a player for a true center or point guard or maybe some money for a free agent. But another young guy will not help much. They are in more need of leadership than anything else. If they can sign a cheap vet, trade for a good vet then the will be in better shape then ever. But dude, using their pick?:no:

RUDY GAY SUCKS

WEAK MINDED OVERRATED NO HANDLES NO JUMPER PITCHSQUEAK VOICE BARELY ATHLETIC UCONVICT CRIMINAL CALHOUN PIECE OF CRAP "PROJECT"

DIE DAM UCONVICTS DUKE WUZ BETTER LAST YEAR AND FLORIDA AND GEROGE MASON STUPID AJ PRICE CLEARED

SecondFiddle
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
RUDY GAY SUCKS

WEAK MINDED OVERRATED NO HANDLES NO JUMPER PITCHSQUEAK VOICE BARELY ATHLETIC UCONVICT CRIMINAL CALHOUN PIECE OF CRAP "PROJECT"

DIE DAM UCONVICTS DUKE WUZ BETTER LAST YEAR AND FLORIDA AND GEROGE MASON STUPID AJ PRICE CLEARED

He does not Suck, but he is not the No.1 overall pick. They should trade down and get more picks:banghead:

kwajo
06-07-2006, 05:13 PM
WHAEY! rudy gay all the way baby! #1

with our cap space we can easily get a good PG and a banger in free agency, witch change to spare

also if we get denham brown in the 2nd, we will ahve 3 uconn guys who all played together (and won a championship together?)

damn straight! UCONN Raptors all the way baby! :pimp:

dffsaf
06-07-2006, 05:17 PM
rudy,rudy,rudy,rudy!!!!!!!!!

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
06-07-2006, 05:19 PM
damn straight! UCONN Raptors all the way baby! :pimp:

Awww shucks.

I wish u guys still had Camby (from Hartford) and Carter playing. I would love a squad like this:

PG - MARCUS WILLIAMZ
SG - VINCE CARTER
SF - RUDY ***
PF - CHARLIE VILLANUEVA
C - MARCUS GUMBY

Fatal9
06-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I actually wouldn't mind picking RG. Joey Graham hasn't impressed me at all, he'll probably be a bench player for a while. He wouldn't be half as bad if he could just control himself and make less bone-headed plays. Anyways, Rudy would give us a much needed swingman but if we are going to get him I'd trade down to the 3rd or 4th pick. I like the idea of Marcus Williams coming to TO better, we are absolutely screwed next year PG wise. Calderon impressed me at the start but fell off, he has no shot and can't make layups. I don't want him to start, he should stay as a bench guy.

craigthomasb
06-07-2006, 05:40 PM
iideal for the raptors is to trade the #1 (and maybe 35 and 56)to chicago (to guarentee they get aldridge) for their #2 and #16, that way they dont have all the spotlight on rudy being #1 and with #16 they can get themselves a servicable back up cnetre or PG (armstrong, simmons, or rondo, lowry or rodreiguez)

ideally "the spanish steve nash"

then

calderon / rodrieguez / jay williams
Peterson / Gay
Villy / Graham
Bosh / Bonner
Free Agnet / Sow / Araujo

ideally pryzibla or nene

or go with armstrong

calderon / jay willaims
peterson / gay
chalrie v / graham
bosh / bonner / sow
pryzibla / armstrong / aruajo

also be quite felxible with ukic and slokar and providing we dont spend too much on pryzibla (no more than $8 million a season) we should still have a fair amount of cap space

Bourne
06-07-2006, 06:10 PM
No. Aldridge is still the best number 1 pick. All other good picks require a trade of some sort, of either the pick or a player.

To get Marcus, you need to trade down. To get gay, you need to trade Charlie or graham and have gay be behind charlie. You still need a center.

Therefore, Aldridge is the bets pick at number 1. Best option overall? Prolly, but def. the best pick at 1.

GoRapz
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
hey i asked this in the other thread but ill ask it here again.

If gay gets picked to be our #1 pick and assuming that Charlie V still plays the 3 for next season, will either Charlie and Gay go?

Shade8780
04-30-2013, 04:12 PM
That's funny.