PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo or Michael Beasley

Interminator
11-06-2007, 11:09 AM
We're going to hear the talk heading up to the draft of who is better but this is basically a Young protype of Kidd/with athleticism of Francis vs a PG Prototype of Kobe Bryant vs the next Carmelo but much much stronger

Beasley
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePz17QJatrM WATCH THAT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=thqyAKMW0PQ

Rose
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6G_RRGHzfA WATCH THAT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_NkgDJvjz8

Mayo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YMf_wrFHMsk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2RKoXNToOnk

After what I saw with Rose last night,I am simply amazed by his game but he isnt the type of player who is clutch and will put a team on his back.So if I had the first pick I'd take Mayo.

Beasley plays on the 9th against some weak school where he can dominate
Mayo plays on the 10th

seriously omfg @ Rose:cheers:
Imagine if the Hawks **** this season up and he falls to the Suns

i seen hippos
11-06-2007, 11:26 AM
We're going to hear the talk heading up to the draft of who is better but this is basically a Young protype of Kidd/with athleticism of Francis vs a PG Prototype of Kobe Bryant vs the next Carmelo but much much stronger

Beasley
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePz17QJatrM WATCH THAT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=thqyAKMW0PQ

Rose
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6G_RRGHzfA WATCH THAT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_NkgDJvjz8

Mayo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YMf_wrFHMsk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2RKoXNToOnk

After what I saw with Rose last night,I am simply amazed by his game but he isnt the type of player who is clutch and will put a team on his back.So if I had the first pick I'd take Mayo.

Beasley plays on the 9th against some weak school where he can dominate
Mayo plays on the 10th

seriously omfg @ Rose:cheers:
Imagine if the Hawks **** this season up and he falls to the Suns

When did Rose prove he can't lead a team in crunch time?

When was there any question that Atlanta would **** up?

5 K!DD dribbles
11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Derrick Rose is a beast. Athletic as hell. OJ Mayo has the best court vision, and Beasly is talented as well. The NBA is heading in the right deirection as far as talent goes, not too sure about some other things.

loot
11-06-2007, 11:36 AM
what about eric gordon?

Valliant13
11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
OJ has the most talent but some character issues and a very strong prima donna streak. If he decided to be balanced PG he would be near unstoppable, but I suspect he will go into shoot first mode once his ego starts blowing up.

Beasley is an amazing athlete, but so good he's never had to work at it. If he can respond well to adversity I would take him first, but have worries about his effort level and will to win.

Even without a jumper Rose is a dream penatrate and kick out PG that can play lock down D. He's going to make any team better, and if his offensive skill set catchs up will be one of the best pure points in the leauge. So I'd take Rose, and hope OJ doesn't blow up into the offensive nightmare he has the potential to be.

kidachi
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
i always liked Derrick Rose. go rose go rose go rose go rose.

would there be a bust among the three?

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
When did Rose prove he can't lead a team in crunch time?

When was there any question that Atlanta would **** up?
Rose has never lead a team in crunch time or put the team on his shoulders when it matters.Look at MSE whenever a game ever came down to it the ball would be put in Eric Gordon's hands

Im hoping Atlanta doesnt **** up because Steve Kerr will ejaculate on himself after Dominique hands them the card of a Top 5 pick

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
i always liked Derrick Rose. go rose go rose go rose go rose.

would there be a bust among the three?

I highly doubt it.

Even if Mayo only averages 16 ppg in his NBA career,if that does happen he will have learned to pass the ball by then and have 8 apg
Rose can contribute in so many ways on defense that unless he becomes a constant substance abuse policy violater or suffers a serious injury then he'll do something in the NBA

Beasley is just a ****in monster,if he is a bust in the NBA he should just kill himself

Dizzle-2k7
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
oh my goodness. Rose is an incredible athlete. someone throw out the stats on these guys too.. height/weight/hs location/college etc.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:29 PM
what about eric gordon?
He's very good.

But he projects to be a Ben Gordon with hops

We're talking about guys who are 20 and under with potential to make 8+ All Star Teams in their careers

This draft has the best PG crop in ever ever...do you understand EVER!!!!!!!
Mayo
Rose
Lawson
Collison
Bayless(a monster as well)
Jamont Gordon

not to menton the Seniors
Ronald Steele(if he comes back healthy and returns to pre-injury form could be a Top 15 pick)
Sean Singletary

hateraid
11-06-2007, 12:31 PM
For overall talent and marketability I'd go with OJ Mayo. His attitude is only gooing to hurt his long term career. For the long haul I'd go with Beasley.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
oh my goodness. Rose is an incredible athlete. someone throw out the stats on these guys too.. height/weight/hs location/college etc.

Rose:
6-4 205 lbs
10/1/1988
Simeon HS,Chicago,Il
Memphis

Mayo:
6-5 210 lbs
11/5/1987
Huntington HS,Huntington,WV
USC

Beasley:(Beasley gained 10 lbs of muscle before the season:eek: :eek: :eek: )
6-9 245 lbs
1/9/1989
Notre Dame Prep,Mass
Kansas State

eeeeeebro
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Go bulls keep tanking the season we will get our kobe. BEASLEY! beasley just sounds like a bulls name.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
For overall talent and marketability I'd go with OJ Mayo. His attitude is only gooing to hurt his long term career. For the long haul I'd go with Beasley.
Really?

Mayo has Kobe's attitude

Kobe's been playing for how long?

kidachi
11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Beasley is just a ****in monster,if he is a bust in the NBA he should just kill himself

woahw. you're harsh..:lol:

but yeah, what if he suddenly turns into Kendrick Perkins?
became a bust with nothing to do so he just bash rookies and college ball...though he didn't play there. that fcukin punk.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Go bulls keep tanking the season we will get our kobe. BEASLEY! beasley just sounds like a bulls name.
Actually they more commonly call him

Michael BEASTley

Him and Thomas in the front court is :rockon: :rockon:

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:43 PM
woahw. you're harsh..:lol:

but yeah, what if he suddenly turns into Kendrick Perkins?
became a bust with nothing to do so he just bash rookies and college ball...though he didn't play there. that fcukin punk.

Kendrick Perkins?
I thought he was a ballboy for Kevin Garnett

Beasley is a SF

kidachi
11-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Kendrick Perkins? I thought he was a ballboy for Kevin Garnett

:lol:
he just better be a ballboy.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Im suprised they actually consider the rest of the team as players.Id just hire them all as ballboys and that'll cut their pay.

That team is
Option 1A:Garnett Option 1B:Pierce
Option 2:Allen
Option 3:PANIC :oldlol:

wang4three
11-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Eric Gordon got his tooth knocked out. Guy looks like funky. Also, Rose won't be NBA ready till after his sophomore year, in my opinion. He won't have a better season than Conley.

Mayo be the best college prospect. Can't really see Beasley doing much when it's Bill Walker's team.

Da KO King
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
The thing I find strange is everyone is gushing over the potential 2008 Rookie class of PG's yet very few of the guys getting mentioned in my opinion will ever be NBA PG's. Pretty much all of them to me will end up being under-sized SG's (Eric Gordon & Jared Bayliss) or SG's with some passing skill (OJ Mayo & Derrick Rose).

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Eric Gordon got his tooth knocked out. Guy looks like funky. Also, Rose won't be NBA ready till after his sophomore year, in my opinion. He won't have a better season than Conley.

Mayo be the best college prospect. Can't really see Beasley doing much when it's Bill Walker's team.
You're kidding me right?

Bill Walker's team?
Walker is an athletic freak but he is option 2 on that team like Augustin was option 2 for Texas

Its Beasley's team,the guy who recruited him is his Head Coach

Did you see Rose play last night?(hes NBA ready)

steve
11-06-2007, 01:17 PM
You're kidding me right?

Bill Walker's team?
Walker is an athletic freak but he is option 2 on that team like Augustin was option 2 for Texas

I thought it was Bob Huggins who recruited Beasley? They hired is AAU coach but the guy didn't recruit him. Also does it both anyone else that they're playing for Kansas State?

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:17 PM
The thing I find strange is everyone is gushing over the potential 2008 Rookie class of PG's yet very few of the guys getting mentioned in my opinion will ever be NBA PG's. Pretty much all of them to me will end up being under-sized SG's (Eric Gordon & Jared Bayliss) or SG's with some passing skill (OJ Mayo & Derrick Rose).
Gordon is an undersized SG,whoever said he would be a PG

Bayless is the second coming of Arenas down at Arizona,but he'll make much more of an impact

Rose is a PG
Did you watch him play last night?
Mayo is a PG/SG

even if you dont include Bayless or Mayo

Rose
Lawson
Collison
Gordon
Steele
Those guys could've been lottery picks last year and bumped Law to the 2nd round

the 2nd class
Augustin
James
Weaver
Neitzel
Singletary
Chalmers
all are good pick-ups

I have yet to mention the best international player for this year's NBA Draft,Alexy Shved is a 6ft7 PG with incredible passing and ballhandling skills

NBADraft.net compares him to Penny Hardaway

You know you have some ****ing game when you're a white PG and get compared to a black PG:oldlol:
you gotta really have ****ing game when you're a 18 year old Russian and you get compared to Penny Hardaway:applause: :applause:

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I thought it was Bob Huggins who recruited Beasley? They hired is AAU coach but the guy didn't recruit him. Also does it both anyone else that they're playing for Kansas State?

Nah Bob Huggins hired an assistant from Charlotte(where Beasley originally committed) who is close to Beasley and recruited him.

Huggins recruited Walker but Walker only went to KSU because they were the only school on his list that would let him play last season
If he was able to play last season there is no doubt he would've gone to USC too

Yeah Kansas State is good for them because it will get them the chance to be stars rather than going to Duke or North Carolina and having to share the ball with other great high school recruits

Dizzle-2k7
11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
beasley is great but I really dont see any similarities between him and Melo. you wont find Melo throwing up floaters in the lane.. Melo finishes strong.

jamal99
11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Michael BEASTley is the most talented guy from all 2008 draft prospects. He's amazing athlete and has a good jumper too. He could play SF/PF in NBA right now. If he don't ****s up with his attitude he's going to be All Star.

T-Low
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I really like the first Derrick Rose mix...that sh!t is awesome...

jamal99
11-06-2007, 01:26 PM
beasley is great but I really dont see any similarities between him and Melo. you wont find Melo throwing up floaters in the lane.. Melo finishes strong.

Beasley can finish even stronger!! Im from Serbia and I watched him at U19 World Championship, he is a BEAST. He has dunks and lay ups u haven't seen before (lay ups are based on his athletecism when he fakes guy in mid air - pretty crazy when u see it live).

P.S. He dunks better than Melo!

steve
11-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Nah Bob Huggins hired an assistant from Charlotte(where Beasley originally committed) who is close to Beasley and recruited him.

Huggins recruited Walker but Walker only went to KSU because they were the only school on his list that would let him play last season
If he was able to play last season there is no doubt he would've gone to USC too

Yeah Kansas State is good for them because it will get them the chance to be stars rather than going to Duke or North Carolina and having to share the ball with other great high school recruits
They might be stars there, but they aren't going to do anything this season (which I suppose makes sense, considering that Beasley at least is just going to jump after this year).

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
They might be stars there, but they aren't going to do anything this season (which I suppose makes sense, considering that Beasley at least is just going to jump after this year).

Beasley knows he is going to jump after this year.
Walker would've jumped last year if he didnt blow out his knee.Hes a lock to jump this year.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I really like the first Derrick Rose mix...that sh!t is awesome...
watch the highlight of his first game for Memphis

IlliniFan
11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Had Rose played for Bruce Weber, he would have been a much better player.
Example: Deron Williams, and he didn't have anywhere near the hype Rose has around him right now coming out of HS.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
^^Caliparri can't?

Dajuan Wagner would be great if not for issues out of his control

Valliant13
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
or SG's with some passing skill (OJ Mayo & Derrick Rose).

Derrick Rose is 6'4, and a poor shooter. He's also a excellent pure point guard , with a pass first mentality, great court vision, and the abilty to split the D and kick it out...why would that suggest a SG in any way?

IlliniFan
11-06-2007, 01:46 PM
^^Caliparri can't?

Dajuan Wagner would be great if not for issues out of his control
We'll never know will we?

wang4three
11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
You're kidding me right?

Bill Walker's team?

You mean the same dude that recruited everyone on the team? The same guy that recruited Bill Walker? Bill Walker was a great player for them before he got hurt. It would be stupid to ask him to take a backseat for a freshman that is not that much better than him, if at all.

Secondly, Rose played against a horrible team. Good job on that. It's like watching Kobe play against Valparaiso, of course he's gonna look amazing.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
We'll never know will we?
so other than Williams

who else has Weber produced?:lol:

Dee Brown:roll: :roll:

Best PG school has been Arizona for the past decade
even Shakur was a good PG but very very highly underrated

IlliniFan
11-06-2007, 01:52 PM
so other than Williams

who else has Weber produced?:lol:

Dee Brown:roll: :roll:

Best PG school has been Arizona for the past decade
even Shakur was a good PG but very very highly underrated
Luther Head. And Weber has only been coaching at Illinois since 2003.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
You mean the same dude that recruited everyone on the team? The same guy that recruited Bill Walker? Bill Walker was a great player for them before he got hurt. It would be stupid to ask him to take a backseat for a freshman that is not that much better than him, if at all.

Secondly, Rose played against a horrible team. Good job on that. It's like watching Kobe play against Valparaiso, of course he's gonna look amazing.
I watched Rose play amazing against Oak Hill Academy,99% of them go to top division 1 schools

Huggins recruited Walker and Bennett,thats it.
Beasley was a by product of Huggins bringing over the guy who was recruiting him,Huggins knew that it would net Beasley
If the guy who recruited Beasley would've took a job at Rutgers then Beasley would've went there too
Huggins has recruited Walker since Walker was a freshman,Cincy was in on Walker because he played in Cincinnati

Interminator
11-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Luther Head. And Weber has only been coaching at Illinois since 2003.
Luther Head?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
You're telling me Weber developed Luther Head into a good PG
:lol:

IlliniFan
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Into a good guard, yes. No one had Head projected to be in the NBA till his senior season. Tell me who Calipari has produced?

Da KO King
11-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Derrick Rose is 6'4, and a poor shooter. He's also a excellent pure point guard , with a pass first mentality, great court vision, and the abilty to split the D and kick it out...why would that suggest a SG in any way?
I've only seen Rose in short stints. However, I didn't see a PG in those few minutes.

All I seen was a 6'4" kid with no real jumper who used excellent quickness to get into the lane and then pass.

He didn't control tempo offensively or defensively and wasn't especially accurate with his passes.

Bayless is the second coming of Arenas down at Arizona,but he'll make much more of an impact....

Rose
Lawson
Collison
Gordon
Steele
Those guys could've been lottery picks last year and bumped Law to the 2nd round

the 2nd class
Augustin
James
Weaver
Neitzel
Singletary
Chalmers
I don't consider Arenas a PG. Hell, I don't even view him as a combo guard. He's a straight up SG in my view.

I will say that you are one of the few people to put up all the potential prospects. Most people only bring up Rose, OJ Mayo, Bayliss, Eric Gordon, and Tywan Lawson.

I think the difference in view is that you are looking at the guys who may come out for 2008 while I'm looking at the guys who will be likely to come out.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 02:00 PM
iono.Antonio Burks?
Dajuan Wagner?

Tell me how many top recruits actually have made it to actually going to Memphis?

Interminator
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I've only seen Rose in short stints. However, I didn't see a PG in those few minutes.

All I seen was a 6'4" kid with no real jumper who used excellent quickness to get into the lane and then pass.

He didn't control tempo offensively or defensively and wasn't especially accurate with his passes.

I don't consider Arenas a PG. Hel,, I don't even view him as a combo guard. He's a straight up SG in my view.

I will say that you are one of the few people to put up all the potential prospects. Most people only bring up Rose, OJ Mayo, Bayliss, Eric Gordon, and Tywan Lawson.

I think the difference in view is that you are looking at the guys who may come out for 2008 while I'm looking at the guys who will be likely to come out.

Likely to come out:
Mayo-LOCK
Lawson-LOCK
Shved-LOCK
Collison
Rose
Gordon
James-LOCK

there goes the underclassmen

IlliniFan
11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
iono.Antonio Burks?
Dajuan Wagner?

Tell me how many top recruits actually have made it to actually going to Memphis?
Never heard of Burks and Wagner didn't do **** in the NBA.
I would answer your question if it was in english..

Da KO King
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
James???? You gotta include given names my man cause there are way too many NCAA prospects in my head to just go with James.

Also, I don't consider Ty Lawson as a lock to come out.

wang4three
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I watched Rose play amazing against Oak Hill Academy,99% of them go to top division 1 schools

Huggins recruited Walker and Bennett,thats it.
Beasley was a by product of Huggins bringing over the guy who was recruiting him,Huggins knew that it would net Beasley
If the guy who recruited Beasley would've took a job at Rutgers then Beasley would've went there too
Huggins has recruited Walker since Walker was a freshman,Cincy was in on Walker because he played in Cincinnati

You've yet to prove me wrong that it isn't Walker's team.

bdreason
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I'll take Derrick Rose.

I think he will end up having the best NBA career.

Valliant13
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM

[.

You likely saw one of his earlier games. He made huge strides in the second half of the year in his point guard skills, and abiltly to control the game.

LBJ 4 MVP
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM
I seen Derrick Rose play yesterday for Memphis, and he looks like a serious baller, I havent seen enough of Mayo and Beasley, but Rose is going to be a special player.

VCMVP1551
11-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I'll take Rose. Mayo will be an Arenas type player while Rose can be a player I think you can build a championship around. I don't know about Beasley yet i've heard him compared to Carmelo Anthony but I'll have to see how he does in the NCAA.

Da KO King
11-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I seen Derrick Rose play yesterday for Memphis, and he looks like a serious baller, I havent seen enough of Mayo and Beasley, but Rose is going to be a special player.
Memphis played U of Tenn.-Martin. Considering they were a sub-.500 team in the Ohio Valley Conference I think you should hold off your player evaluation until you see Rose play within Conference USA.

Interminator
11-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Holy ****ing ****cakes *****ing

USC vs Memphis
Dec.4

God Loves Basketball

statman32
11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Had Rose played for Bruce Weber, he would have been a much better player.
Example: Deron Williams, and he didn't have anywhere near the hype Rose has around him right now coming out of HS.
Had Rose played for Lute Olsen he would have become a much better player.

Example: Damon Stoudemire, Jason Terry, Gilbert Arenas, Mike Bibby :confusedshrug:

statman32
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Anyways if I could choose any player out of the three it would be Rose. Reminds me of Payton so much I'm surprised Glove hasnt jumped on his dick yet.

Mayo reminds me of a taller Arenas and Beasley reminds me of Carmelo. ALl those are kinda obvious tho.

wang4three
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Memphis played U of Tenn.-Martin. Considering they were a sub-.500 team in the Ohio Valley Conference I think you should hold off your player evaluation until you see Rose play within Conference USA.
Even then it'll be a tough gauge. It's not like Conference USA was the power house it used to be.

new noise
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273090235&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Nice recap of D-Rose's first college game the other night. 17 points/6 boards/5 assists and a nice block. He looks great, and personally I'll take him over Mayo too, unless I see Mayo exhibit genuine point guard skills this year.

Easiest comparison to make with Derrick Rose is Dwyane Wade, both in skills and weaknesses. Ridiculous athlete, great scorer, real point guard skills, average jumpshot with room to improve. Similar in size and build to Wade too.

Da KO King
11-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Even then it'll be a tough gauge. It's not like Conference USA was the power house it used to be.
Conference USA was a powerhouse? :oldlol:

Honestly though, I do agree. With his athleticism the only games I'd even attempt to evaluate his standing as a prospect would be:

Dec 4 vs USC
Dec 29 Arizona
Feb 23 Tennessee

The rest of his game he'll be so far above his competition physical that he's likely to get by solely on his athleticism.

Interminator
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Did anybody see his highlights against Richmond?
that block was manly and dude pushed the ball up the court in just 4 seconds!!!!!

Payton might just jump on his dick and try to be his mentor,so he can get his name back out there for a team to look at

wang4three
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Conference USA was a powerhouse? :oldlol:

Honestly though, I do agree. With his athleticism the only games I'd even attempt to evaluate his standing as a prospect would be:

Dec 4 vs USC
Dec 29 Arizona
Feb 23 Tennessee

The rest of his game he'll be so far above his competition physical that he's likely to get by solely on his athleticism.
Well, atleast when Bob Huggins and Cinci was good.

geeWiz15
11-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I love watching Rose play. I'm not sure how effective he'll be in the NBA, but he's so damn graceful. so coordinated and fluid in motion. he might be the most coordinated player ever.. anyone know what I mean?

he seems to be a great passer but that's based on very limited viewing. what college is he going to?

Interminator
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
^^He plays at Memphis.

wang4three
11-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I love watching Rose play. I'm not sure how effective he'll be in the NBA, but he's so damn graceful. so coordinated and fluid in motion. he might be the most coordinated player ever.. anyone know what I mean?

he seems to be a great passer but that's based on very limited viewing. what college is he going to?
Love watching him play or love watching highlights? There's a big difference. I enjoy Stephon Marbury highlights...him as a player? Different story.

geeWiz15
11-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Love watching him play or love watching highlights? There's a big difference. I enjoy Stephon Marbury highlights...him as a player? Different story.
true. I've only seen one game of his and it was an all star game. and everytime he touched the ball was a highlight.

but he definitely has some of the nicest HS highlights I've seen.

I'll check him out at Memphis and reevaluate.

wang4three
11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
true. I've only seen one game of his and it was an all star game. and everytime he touched the ball was a highlight.

but he definitely has some of the nicest HS highlights I've seen.

I'll check him out at Memphis and reevaluate.

I saw two games of his when he was in high school since they played them when I was at Illinois. He's definitely a star, but I question whether he's going to be consistent at the college level. I can't really see him doing that much better than Conley did as a freshman. Which was still pretty damn good. He's pretty smooth, albeit being a stoic player. I haven't really seen much of the court vision everyone talks about, but Kevin Johnson is a good comparison. Before we start saying he's the next Glove.

sick_brah07
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Rose:
6-4 205 lbs
10/1/1988
Simeon HS,Chicago,Il
Memphis

Mayo:
6-5 210 lbs
11/5/1987
Huntington HS,Huntington,WV
USC

Beasley:(Beasley gained 10 lbs of muscle before the season:eek: :eek: :eek: )
6-9 245 lbs
1/9/1989
Notre Dame Prep,Mass
Kansas State

he is 6 god damn days older then me and 6 milleniums ahead of me athleticaly what the hell do use eat over there in america?

no scatrach that i jus relised in america use write the month first then the date so he is actualy 9 months older then my but athleteic ability still stands

wang4three
11-08-2007, 08:40 AM
he is 6 god damn days older then me and 6 milleniums ahead of me athleticaly what the hell do use eat over there in america?

no scatrach that i jus relised in america use write the month first then the date so he is actualy 9 months older then my but athleteic ability still stands
I felt the same when I found out LeBron is 3 months older than me.

AlThornton
11-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I saw two games of his when he was in high school since they played them when I was at Illinois. He's definitely a star, but I question whether he's going to be consistent at the college level. I can't really see him doing that much better than Conley did as a freshman. Which was still pretty damn good. He's pretty smooth, albeit being a stoic player. I haven't really seen much of the court vision everyone talks about, but Kevin Johnson is a good comparison. Before we start saying he's the next Glove.

yeah add in the fact that he has sick athleticism, has good size for a point, and is a hard worker, i don't see how this kid wont be a star.

Da KO King
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
yeah add in the fact that he has sick athleticism, has good size for a point, and is a hard worker, i don't see how this kid wont be a star.
Change athleticism for court-vision and good for amazing and this is Shaun Livingston all over again. :rolleyes:

AlThornton
11-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Change athleticism for court-vision and good for amazing and this is Shaun Livingston all over again. :rolleyes:

Rose isn't even close to the toothpick Livingston was. Not to mention he is a better defender, and is a better rebounder than Livingston was.

Da KO King
11-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Rose isn't even close to the toothpick Livingston was. Not to mention he is a better defender, and is a better rebounder than Livingston was.
I'm not comparing their build or game. I'm comparing the amount of praise they received.

Interminator
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
^^What praise did Livingston receive

All that was said was hes a 6ft7 PG who has the potential to become very good in the NBA if he gains weight and develops a jumpshot

Livingston would've been better at Duke for at least 3 years

Lebron23
11-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Michael Beasley the future no.1 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft

http://media.scout.com/media/image/41/415444.jpg

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas State guard Blake Young figured teammate Michael Beasley would break some records during his time with the Wildcats.

He just didn't know it would happen in his first game.

Beasley had 32 points and a Big 12 Conference-record 24 rebounds in his debut at Kansas State, leading the 25th-ranked Wildcats to a 94-63 victory over Sacramento State on Friday night.

"As far as (Beasley) jumping into the record books, I figured it was going to happen pretty soon," Young said. "Mike is excellent on rebounding. That's what he does. He's out there just snatching up everything that comes off the rim."

Beasley, the most highly touted recruit in school history and rated the nation's No. 1 incoming freshman by Rivals.com, broke the Big 12 mark of 23 rebounds set by Kevin Durant, who starred at Texas as a freshman last season, and Kansas' Nick Collison.

It was the second 30-point, 20-rebound game in Kansas State history. Bob Boozer had 36 points and 23 rebounds in 1957.

The dominating performance left Kansas State coach Frank Martin -- who won in his first game ever as a college head coach -- rather impressed. He even dared to mention Beasley in the same breath as that freshman who dominated the Big 12 last season.

"I'm not into comparing people," Martin said. "I think everyone's an individual, but the obvious comparison is with Kevin Durant because Kevin Durant was such a great player. If Kevin Durant was a freshman this year and Mike was a freshman last year, everybody would be trying to figure out if Kevin Durant can play up to Michael Beasley's standards.

"Mike's a heck of a player."

Martin is keeping Beasley and the rest of Kansas State's newcomers from talking to the media until further notice.

Young had 22 points and Jacob Pullen added 18 points and five assists for the Wildcats (1-0), who are ranked in the preseason poll for the first time since 1972. Young was 5-for-8 from the field, including 4-of-5 on 3-pointers.

Loren Leath had 23 points for the Hornets (0-1).

Kansas State was without three of its key returning players. Redshirt freshman Bill Walker and seniors David Hoskins and Clent Stewart all did not play because of injuries.

Martin said Hoskins -- who was second-team All-Big 12 selection last season -- could be out for an extended period of time after having surgery on his knee Thursday.

Walker and Stewart are both expected to be back shortly, Martin said.

With that said, Martin is not expecting a drop-off in the performance of his team.

"That's sports," he said. "If I start making excuses, then all I'm doing is preparing our team to fail. Injuries are a part of sports."

The Wildcats played at much more of an uptempo pace than last season, when they averaged 70.1 points per game under Bob Huggins, who left after just one season in Manhattan to return to West Virginia, his alma mater.

While that fast-paced, breakneck style produced a lot of points, it also created a ton of turnovers. The Hornets had 31 and Kansas State had 26, including eight from Beasley and six from Pullen, a freshman point guard.

"It sounds like nitpicking, but for us to be any good we cannot have 26 turnovers in a basketball game," Martin said.

The Wildcats' pressure defense had the Hornets' offense out of rhythm from the beginning, forcing 10 turnovers in the first 8 minutes and taking a 20-9 lead.

"Up close they are deceptively quick and I was very impressed with that," Sacramento State coach Jerome Jenkins said. "They've got really long arms that can get into the passing lanes."

Kansas State -- looking for its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1996 -- led 50-33 at halftime, and by then Beasley already had 16 points and 17 rebounds. He broke Norris Coleman's freshman school record for rebounds in just 19 minutes.

"He's a pro," Jenkins said. "They'll be lucky to have him after this year. That's all I can say about him."

The No.1 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the Miami Heat select Michael Beasley from Kansas State University.

http://www.shaquille-oneal.us/images/shaq8.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal: " Beasley would be coming to Miami Next season to save our franchise, and i cannot wait to passed the torch to the future phenom".

Michael " The Beast" Beasley"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9u0JWU3Tdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ttB8P0lT4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePz17QJatrM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2FHoXPF8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thqyAKMW0PQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1yqOwIMdUA

Da KO King
11-10-2007, 07:21 AM
^^What praise did Livingston receive

All that was said was hes a 6ft7 PG who has the potential to become very good in the NBA if he gains weight and develops a jumpshot

Livingston would've been better at Duke for at least 3 years
You only joined ISH recently so you missed the Shaun Livingston bandwagon. Livingston was said to be "the best PG to hit the draft since Jason Kidd" and the "next Magic Johnson".

Just because you missed or chose not to ride the "S-Live" Express doesn't mean it didn't come rolling through here.

Interminator
11-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Michael Beasley the future no.1 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft

http://media.scout.com/media/image/41/415444.jpg

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas State guard Blake Young figured teammate Michael Beasley would break some records during his time with the Wildcats.

He just didn't know it would happen in his first game.

Beasley had 32 points and a Big 12 Conference-record 24 rebounds in his debut at Kansas State, leading the 25th-ranked Wildcats to a 94-63 victory over Sacramento State on Friday night.

"As far as (Beasley) jumping into the record books, I figured it was going to happen pretty soon," Young said. "Mike is excellent on rebounding. That's what he does. He's out there just snatching up everything that comes off the rim."

Beasley, the most highly touted recruit in school history and rated the nation's No. 1 incoming freshman by Rivals.com, broke the Big 12 mark of 23 rebounds set by Kevin Durant, who starred at Texas as a freshman last season, and Kansas' Nick Collison.

It was the second 30-point, 20-rebound game in Kansas State history. Bob Boozer had 36 points and 23 rebounds in 1957.

The dominating performance left Kansas State coach Frank Martin -- who won in his first game ever as a college head coach -- rather impressed. He even dared to mention Beasley in the same breath as that freshman who dominated the Big 12 last season.

"I'm not into comparing people," Martin said. "I think everyone's an individual, but the obvious comparison is with Kevin Durant because Kevin Durant was such a great player. If Kevin Durant was a freshman this year and Mike was a freshman last year, everybody would be trying to figure out if Kevin Durant can play up to Michael Beasley's standards.

"Mike's a heck of a player."

Martin is keeping Beasley and the rest of Kansas State's newcomers from talking to the media until further notice.

Young had 22 points and Jacob Pullen added 18 points and five assists for the Wildcats (1-0), who are ranked in the preseason poll for the first time since 1972. Young was 5-for-8 from the field, including 4-of-5 on 3-pointers.

Loren Leath had 23 points for the Hornets (0-1).

Kansas State was without three of its key returning players. Redshirt freshman Bill Walker and seniors David Hoskins and Clent Stewart all did not play because of injuries.

Martin said Hoskins -- who was second-team All-Big 12 selection last season -- could be out for an extended period of time after having surgery on his knee Thursday.

Walker and Stewart are both expected to be back shortly, Martin said.

With that said, Martin is not expecting a drop-off in the performance of his team.

"That's sports," he said. "If I start making excuses, then all I'm doing is preparing our team to fail. Injuries are a part of sports."

The Wildcats played at much more of an uptempo pace than last season, when they averaged 70.1 points per game under Bob Huggins, who left after just one season in Manhattan to return to West Virginia, his alma mater.

While that fast-paced, breakneck style produced a lot of points, it also created a ton of turnovers. The Hornets had 31 and Kansas State had 26, including eight from Beasley and six from Pullen, a freshman point guard.

"It sounds like nitpicking, but for us to be any good we cannot have 26 turnovers in a basketball game," Martin said.

The Wildcats' pressure defense had the Hornets' offense out of rhythm from the beginning, forcing 10 turnovers in the first 8 minutes and taking a 20-9 lead.

"Up close they are deceptively quick and I was very impressed with that," Sacramento State coach Jerome Jenkins said. "They've got really long arms that can get into the passing lanes."

Kansas State -- looking for its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1996 -- led 50-33 at halftime, and by then Beasley already had 16 points and 17 rebounds. He broke Norris Coleman's freshman school record for rebounds in just 19 minutes.

"He's a pro," Jenkins said. "They'll be lucky to have him after this year. That's all I can say about him."

The No.1 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the Miami Heat select Michael Beasley from Kansas State University.

http://www.shaquille-oneal.us/images/shaq8.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal: " Beasley would be coming to Miami Next season to save our franchise, and i cannot wait to passed the torch to the future phenom".

Michael " The Beast" Beasley"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9u0JWU3Tdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ttB8P0lT4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePz17QJatrM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2FHoXPF8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thqyAKMW0PQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1yqOwIMdUA
YES!!!!!!
As ive said before Beasley is better than Durant,I cant wait to see how OJ debuts
Its today against Mercer

Hes going to score 50

sawyersauce
11-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Depends on the team needs, a team like Seattle with an established primary scorer would want Rose who probably brings less firepower but more intangibles ie: D, leadership and passing ability

Interminator
11-10-2007, 11:06 AM
^^Philly has Sour Lou and Iggy Pop

Charlotte has Raymond Felton and Richardson and Carroll

sawyersauce
11-10-2007, 11:10 AM
^^Philly has Sour Lou and Iggy Pop

Charlotte has Raymond Felton and Richardson and Carroll

Charlotte have a bunch of co-stars, no-one stands out as the go to guy...
Iggy is a great player but i see him as a 2ndary scorer, like pippen was to jordan, he has to take the scoring load at the moment cos theres no one else

wang4three
11-10-2007, 11:30 AM
YES!!!!!!
As ive said before Beasley is better than Durant,I cant wait to see how OJ debuts
Its today against Mercer

Hes going to score 50

He won't. It's an exhibition game. Floyd would be dumb to keep Mayo in for that long. He should be testing out different set of lineups.

ZHAKIDD532
11-10-2007, 01:24 PM
to me rose was the most impressive overall, though mayo really did look like he wasn't putting in much effort and getting that type of result. beasley wasn't as much wow as the other 2, but just as effective.

Younggrease
11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
to me rose was the most impressive overall, though mayo really did look like he wasn't putting in much effort and getting that type of result. beasley wasn't as much wow as the other 2, but just as effective.

Why is Eric Gordon getting no love??

fatboy11
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
YES!!!!!!
Its today against Mercer

Hes going to score 50Guess you had to settle for 32 and a lose to fukcing Mercer........

:applause:

Samurai Swoosh
11-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Derrick Rose > OJ Mayo

GOBB
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Sixers fan? I'll take either OJ or Derrick.

Derrick Rose > OJ Mayo

OJ Mayo = Derrick Rose until someone seperates themselves from the other during the season. Lets use our brains here. :no:

Samurai Swoosh
11-10-2007, 08:39 PM
They already do have a seperartion. Rose is a smarter and more selfless player, whose humble and essentially a good person @ heart and is willing to learn and grow as a person and player.

Where as Mayo is a punk ass ghetto piece of crap, with a "me first" mentality to the 10th degree, and from all accounts is pretty unstable. His attitude is going to be the death of him.

Samurai Swoosh
11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
What about Eric Gordon, btw? BIG time scorer. Or Jared Bayless ... or Kevin Love. This is one of the best freshmen classes for College basketball in a LONG time.

GOBB
11-10-2007, 08:51 PM
They already do have a seperartion. Rose is a smarter and more selfless player, whose humble and essentially a good person @ heart and is willing to learn and grow as a person and player.

Where as Mayo is a punk ass ghetto piece of crap, with a "me first" mentality to the 10th degree, and from all accounts is pretty unstable. His attitude is going to be the death of him.

So basically the seperation is your personal bias. Derrick Rose is the cool kid, modest, humble person portrayed in the media who really doesnt dominate the media like OJ Mayo who has a history of articles, reports (2nd hand accounts) that arent so positive. So therefore you conclude after lookin at youtube highlights, nbadraft.net, draftexpress.com, rivals.com and whatever sites you get your information to base your opinion on hangs on character/personality? :oldlol:

Notice how you just bashed OJ the person and now his game. The boy has game.

So again OJ Mayo = Derrick Rose...until they seperate from one another. I dont care if you would let Derrick Rose pork your sister before OJ Mayo. I dont care if you would add Derrick Rose on myspace and deny OJ because he thinks he is the shyt. F*cking irrelevant so get out of here!

And OJ dropped 32pts today.

Samurai Swoosh
11-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Where did I say OJ didn't have game?

I think his characteristics as a person will ultimately affect his on court performance.

To act like things off the basketball court can't and don't determine who is potentially a better or worse basketball would be complete and utter ignorance. And so in this case, you are a prime example.

So go about it, champ.

And I denied OJ Mayo on facebook today.

GOBB
11-10-2007, 09:31 PM

You didnt...where did I imply you did??? Oh I didnt dumbass.

What was said is your basis for seperation is based solely on character of each player which is moronic. Because one guy is an a-hole to you and the other isnt...the one who isnt wins the ">" contest? :roll:

I think his characteristics as a person will ultimately affect his on court performance.

To act like things off the basketball court can't and don't determine who is potentially a better or worse basketball would be complete and utter ignorance. And so in this case, you are a prime example.

How? Show me how off the court issues has affected OJ Mayo. He still was a top rated talent. He still was a sought out recruit. He still is a top NBA prospect. He dropped 32pts. His HS season speaks for itself production wise. What off the court problems, issues has affected his game? Come on kid I'm all ears or eyes in this case.

I dont like, never liked Karl Malone...it doesnt affect me when I speak on his NBA career, talent, skills vs other great players at his respective position. I dont think he is the best PF of all time not because I dont like the guy...its because I feel another player is BETTER than he was when both were at thier very best.

You cant do the same when discussing Derrick Rose vs OJ Mayo. So again after OJ Mayo drops 32pts today...we shall wait until either has gained seperation from the other because as of today its even.

Interminator
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM

So go about it, champ.

OJ's attitude is very similar to Kobe's

They know they are the ****,but they will tell the public that they will do whatever it takes for the team to win but they want to win the game for the team

OJ isnt unstable.Hes just cocky.

Ron Artest is unstable:lol:

playtetris
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM

So go about it, champ.

and do you feel the same way about kobe?
because attitude-wise, they're not all that dissimilar.

wang4three
11-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Anyone giving these indepth analysis of Rose and Mayo before they played a real national game is enjoyable. Atleast Mayo had some nationally televised game like against St. Patrick's Corey Fisher..which he's lost. But to the rest of you, when your basis is of youtube highlight reels, get out of here.

I'm not a fan of, but Mayo will be the better college prospect and have the better college season. Rose to me, won't do anything Mike Conley Jr. hasn't. Maybe average more points seeing how Memphis is more of an up and down team, but he won't be the man. If he averages more than 16/7 I'll be surprised. Which is still damn good for a freshman.

I'll go as far to say this as well: Eric Gordon will have a better college season than Derrick too. The players they are, are just better fitted for the college game right now than Derrick.

Interminator
11-11-2007, 02:06 PM
^^Eric Gordon will be good,very good but we're talking about the Top 3 picks in the NBA Draft

Eric Gordon is Ben Gordon with hops

Lebron23
11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Eric Gordon scored 33 points in his NCAA Debut

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/10/30/eric.gordon/p1_gordon.jpg

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) -- Indiana fans welcomed Eric Gordon by chanting his name Monday night. The highly touted freshman responded with an opening act that lived up to the billing.

Gordon finished with 33 points, the most ever by an Indiana player in his college debut, and it was his play at both ends of the court that eventually helped the eighth-ranked Hoosiers beat Chattanooga 99-79 in their season opener.

"If he plays like he did tonight, we'll be OK," coach Kelvin Sampson said, drawing laughter. "He's going to play hard every night, and the thing I like is that he practices at the same pace every day. When I was at Michigan State, Magic Johnson was like that. There's a reason those guys are good."

While the comparisons to Johnson are premature, Gordon proved to everyone Monday why he was considered one of the highest-rated recruits a year ago. He made spectacular plays on offense, delivered a shutdown performance on defense and eclipsed the previous debut record that belonged to former NBA player George McGinnis, who scored 26 points against Eastern Michigan on Dec. 1, 1970.

Gordon's final line: 9-of-15 from the field, 7-of-11 on 3-pointers, six rebounds, four assists.

Numbers didn't tell the whole story, though. He ignited Indiana's second-half charge and prompted Mocs coach John Shulman to admit he couldn't do anything on offense or defense to stop Gordon.

"This is not an easy atmosphere for anyone to come in, especially on Eric Gordon freshman night," Shulman said. "They should have given out posters. I'd get mine autographed. He was terrific. I had no answer."

Gordon's teammates took advantage of his presence, too.

Senior forward D.J. White, who spent most of last season trying to fight through extra defenders, finished with 17 points. Point guard Armon Bassett scored 20 points and the Hoosiers' other big freshman, Jordan Crawford, had 13.

The 99 points was the sixth-highest mark in a season opener in school history, and the Mocs (1-1) simply couldn't keep up with the pace.

Kevin Bridgewaters led Chattanooga, scoring 14 points in the first half before getting shut out for the final 20 minutes when Sampson asked Gordon to defend him. Kevin Goffney scored 13 points and Nicchaeus Doaks had 12.

"We couldn't get off ball screens and he disrupted everything we did offensively," Shulman said of Gordon. "He was the difference at both ends."

The night was far from perfect.

After Indiana (1-0) used a 12-3 run to take a 29-18 lead midway through the first half, Hoosiers fans expected a rout.

Instead, Chattanooga rallied with a 12-0 spurt to take a 44-40 lead with 3:39 left in the half and it led 50-46 at halftime. As Indiana left the court, there was a smattering of boos.

Gordon and White changed that early in the second half.

White grabbed a rebound and dunked, and then Gordon, trailing on a breakaway, made a highlight-reel one-handed slam that brought the crowd to its feet.

"It's just two points," Gordon said. "But you love to get the crowd going."

The Mocs were within 65-61 with 11:30 to go.

Gordon's long 3-pointer in the middle of a 13-6 run got the crowd revved again and when it was over the Hoosiers finally control with a 78-67 lead with 9:12 left.

Indiana endured only one real scare after that.

With 6:09 to go, a jumping White was undercut by a Mocs player. White crashed hard to the floor and teammates quickly gathered around him, some holding his bleeding head off the ground.

A few minutes later, with a towel on his cut left eye, White gave fans a thumbs-up as he was helped to the locker room.

Sampson said White needed stitches to close the gash, and Bassett indicated he would likely be OK to play in the Hoosiers' next game, Sunday against Longwood.

"D.J.'s fine, he's going to be all right," Bassett said. "He feels a little tweety-birdish right now."

But it was the coming out party that Gordon and the Indiana fans had envisioned since last fall, when Gordon took back his commitment from Illinois and signed with the Hoosiers.

"I thought I played pretty good," he said. "I just tried to step up in different situations and so did a lot of other players on our team."

I think Eric Gordon would be a better player than Ben Gordon because he is a better scorer, and Gordon is also one of the flashiest player today in the NCAA.

He has both the strength and a fantastic feel for finishing at the rim, knowing how and when to use the glass and being equally adept at using either of his massive hands to go along with his outstanding frame and length.

Despite being barely 6-3 Gordon he has an NBA type of body to be able to drive into the basket and forced some contact. He is more of a SG Trap under a PG's Body but his offensive skills, and high basketball IQ would definitely bring him into a greater success in the professional league.

This Kid is destine to become a lottery pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, and all i can say he might be the second coming of Mitch Richmond only a bit shorter but faster compare to Richmond during his prime years in the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273160084

Eric Gordon Basketball Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQRKsZYXZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDoqI-CihM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL5Ur4m0hKM

wang4three
11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
^^Eric Gordon will be good,very good but we're talking about the Top 3 picks in the NBA Draft

Even that may be projecting too far. EJ is a nice player, but Ben Gordon was a beast in college.

picc84
11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Eric Gordon, 33 pts on 15 shots.

OJ Mayo, 32 pts on 27 shots.

clayton
11-13-2007, 07:45 PM
OJ MAYO looks like an NBA star already. Dunno how much chance he will have though.

Younggrease
11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Even that may be projecting too far. EJ is a nice player, but Ben Gordon was a beast in college.

Well I have watched Eric Gordon twice so far this year at Indiana..I get the Big ten betwork.. and he is better then Ben Gordon was in college. He is utterly dominant. He can stroke it, but unlike Ben he is an explosive finisher in games. His body type makes a big difference. Dont forget Eric Gordon is also a very very good defender as well.

Imo from the little I have seen, right now Eric Gordon is the best freshmen guard of the three. I havent seen Beasley play yet so I cannot comment.

Edit: forgot to add that Eric is also a very good passer as well, and shows good courtvision

Interminator
11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
we'll see how they play against tougher competition.

Im now falling in love with this Austin Daye kid from Gonzaga,dude might be the next Kevin Durant

eeeeeebro
11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
beasley scored 34 points and 10+ rebounds his first game. he got 30 points last game. as far as i know he is averaging 30 points

eliteballer
11-13-2007, 08:42 PM

Ben Gordon has hops.

Da KO King
11-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Can we wait until these guys play some guys against better athletes before rating them as prospects?

Or at the very least not argue over what they are doing against the U of Tenn.-Martin's of the NCAA world?

Younggrease
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Can we wait until these guys play some guys against better athletes before rating them as prospects?

Or at the very least not argue over what they are doing against the U of Tenn.-Martin's of the NCAA world?

this is very true..I was gonna do that until people just started righting off Eric Gordon...

GOBB
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Eric Gordon, 33 pts on 15 shots.

OJ Mayo, 32 pts on 27 shots.

So you're knocking OJ Mayo?

picc84
11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Gordon had a much better game. Thats all. Still much to be seen from both.

imjustlikemusiq
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Beasley grabbed 23 boards as well, he's the best player of the bunch, he reminds me of a young Vince Carter.

Maryland is becoming a basketball factory, off the top of my head some recent guys to come out of MD are Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Donte Greene (Freshman Syracuse), Mike Beasley, Austin Freeman (Freshman Georgetown), thats off the top of the dome

GOBB
11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Beasley grabbed 23 boards as well, he's the best player of the bunch, he reminds me of a young Vince Carter.

Maryland is becoming a basketball factory, off the top of my head some recent guys to come out of MD are Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Donte Greene (Freshman Syracuse), Mike Beasley, Austin Freeman (Freshman Georgetown), thats off the top of the dome

Sacremento State and Pittsburgh State? I've never heard of those schools in my life. Give me a damn break...lets see Beasley vs Big 12. Thanks

hito da god
11-14-2007, 03:09 AM
O.J. is in a class of his own...

i've seen him play numerous times... a few times in the entertainer's classic out here in NYC

and i've never seen a player completely control the pace of a game... he was 16 at the time and was playing in the entertainer's classic vs. grown ass men :lol:

what the hell ever happened to billy walker btw?

wang4three
11-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Well I have watched Eric Gordon twice so far this year at Indiana..I get the Big ten betwork.. and he is better then Ben Gordon was in college. He is utterly dominant. He can stroke it, but unlike Ben he is an explosive finisher in games. His body type makes a big difference. Dont forget Eric Gordon is also a very very good defender as well.

Imo from the little I have seen, right now Eric Gordon is the best freshmen guard of the three. I havent seen Beasley play yet so I cannot comment.

Edit: forgot to add that Eric is also a very good passer as well, and shows good courtvision

I get the BTN too and watch EJ, but realize that he's playing against very inferior competition. Lets not jump the gun here.

sick_brah07
11-14-2007, 09:53 AM
O.J. is in a class of his own...

i've seen him play numerous times... a few times in the entertainer's classic out here in NYC

and i've never seen a player completely control the pace of a game... he was 16 at the time and was playing in the entertainer's classic vs. grown ass men :lol:

what the hell ever happened to billy walker btw?

injury

deion2123
11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Eric Gordon scored 33 points in his NCAA Debut

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/10/30/eric.gordon/p1_gordon.jpg

I think Eric Gordon would be a better player than Ben Gordon because he is a better scorer, and Gordon is also one of the flashiest player today in the NCAA.

He has both the strength and a fantastic feel for finishing at the rim, knowing how and when to use the glass and being equally adept at using either of his massive hands to go along with his outstanding frame and length.

Despite being barely 6-3 Gordon he has an NBA type of body to be able to drive into the basket and forced some contact. He is more of a SG Trap under a PG's Body but his offensive skills, and high basketball IQ would definitely bring him into a greater success in the professional league.

This Kid is destine to become a lottery pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, and all i can say he might be the second coming of Mitch Richmond only a bit shorter but faster compare to Richmond during his prime years in the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273160084

Eric Gordon Basketball Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQRKsZYXZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDoqI-CihM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL5Ur4m0hKM

how is Eric Gordon better than Ben Gordon ?? they both do the same thing pretty much...gets most of their pts from outside jumpers..and Eric Gordon isn't that flashy at all....

fatboy11
11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
how is Eric Gordon better than Ben Gordon ?? they both do the same thing pretty much...gets most of their pts from outside jumpers..and Eric Gordon isn't that flashy at all....Guess you didn't see those dunks he threw down in his debut......

i seen hippos
11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
As college players, I'd rank them as so:

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Love
5. Gordon

Those are the "big 5". Guys like Singler, Flynn, Bayless, etc. are right behind.

If I were BC (as a raps fan I feel obligated to do this), I'd definitely take Beasley and put him at the sf/pf position.

Interminator
11-14-2007, 06:34 PM
1.Beasley
2.Mayo
3.Rose
4.Love
5.Daye(Gonzaga Freshman is a beast)

Younggrease
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Guess you didn't see those dunks he threw down in his debut......

or the lockdown defense and court vision he displayed

A.M.G.
11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Derrick Rose reminds me of Dwyane Wade, but he looks like Marbury.

TruthKGRay3412
11-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Gordon reminds me of a very young Tony Parker.I just watched some of his highlights and there are a lot of TP like moves in them. When he drives to the lane he switches directions just like TP does.

Interminator
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Is anybody checking for Kosta Koufus

this dude is now the #1 ranked player for the 2009 NBA Draft

Koufus might be the Greek Dirk,one game hes gonna go off from 3 and NBA scouts are going to ejaculate all over themselves

GOBB
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM

Koufus might be the Greek Dirk,one game hes gonna go off from 3 and NBA scouts are going to ejaculate all over themselves

Stay off nbadraft.net please. Geeze

Younggrease
11-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I didnt see Mitch Richmond much but how does his body type compare to Gordon??

GOBB
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I didnt see Mitch Richmond much but how does his body type compare to Gordon??

Whats Eric Gordons height? I see conflicting listings from 6'4 and some change down to 6'2. Is he taller or the same height as Derric Rose? :confusedshrug:

Mateo
11-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm afraid of Mayo becoming Marbury 2.0.

Younggrease
11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm afraid of Mayo becoming Marbury 2.0.

its not possible...they are nothing alike in game or personality...

Whats Eric Gordons height? I see conflicting listings from 6'4 and some change down to 6'2. Is he taller or the same height as Derric Rose?

he loooks to be about 6"4, taller then Rose

Interminator
11-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Rose is said to be 6ft4
Gordon is said to be 6ft3
Mayo is said to be 6ft5

steve
11-14-2007, 08:05 PM
its not possible...they are nothing alike in game or personality...
You're right, Marbury was much down to earth at this point in his life.

thenextgreatbigman
11-14-2007, 08:21 PM

I got to watch him play a few days ago (might have been yesterday for all i know) and he was pretty good. The kid plays smart, has some post game and even hit a baseline 3. Giving ohio more offense than they got from oden last year.

Jailblazers7
11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
As college players, I'd rank them as so:

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Love
5. Gordon

Those are the "big 5". Guys like Singler, Flynn, Bayless, etc. are right behind.

If I were BC (as a raps fan I feel obligated to do this), I'd definitely take Beasley and put him at the sf/pf position.

This is pretty much how my list is also. I am absolutely in love with Rose's game at this point they need to put some Memphis games on TV.

wang4three
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM

Koufos is nice. He's shown me an inside and outside game. Problem is that he's forcing up shots right now. But he definitely has talent.

GOBB
11-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I like Love's game but he is doomed when he choose UCLA. They always pump out softies and sellouts for the most part. Baron Davis breaks the mold off the top of my head. Cant think of anyone else. Dont mention mofos from the past...irrelevant. Talkin last 10yrs. Hopefully he breaks the mold like Elton Brand did the "Duke curse".

i seen hippos
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
I like Love's game but he is doomed when he choose UCLA. They always pump out softies and sellouts for the most part. Baron Davis breaks the mold off the top of my head. Cant think of anyone else. Dont mention mofos from the past...irrelevant. Talkin last 10yrs. Hopefully he breaks the mold like Elton Brand did the "Duke curse".

Ben Howland isn't known for turning his players into softies.

wang4three
11-14-2007, 10:57 PM

Matt Barnes and Trevor Ariza?

steve
11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Honestly though, how many good teams has UCLA had in the last 15 years?

sumakwel
01-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Miami = Beasley

Minnesota = Mayo

Seattle = Rose

New York = Gordon

or the other way around :roll:

BIZARRO
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Miami = Beasley

Minnesota = Mayo

Seattle = Rose

New York = Gordon

or the other way around :roll:

IMO, it's not Rose, Mayo, or Beasley.

In this upcoming draft, Gordon is the one. :bowdown:

loot
01-03-2008, 02:08 PM
He's very good.

But he projects to be a Ben Gordon with hops

We're talking about guys who are 20 and under with potential to make 8+ All Star Teams in their careers

This draft has the best PG crop in ever ever...do you understand EVER!!!!!!!
Mayo
Rose
Lawson
Collison
Bayless(a monster as well)
Jamont Gordon

not to menton the Seniors
Ronald Steele(if he comes back healthy and returns to pre-injury form could be a Top 15 pick)
Sean Singletary

Ben Gordon already got hops. To me Eric Gordon looks like Mitch Richmond a lot.

And imo Paul, Felton, Deron >> the next draft. Mayo, I see him becoming a Marbury type.

clayton
01-03-2008, 02:13 PM
OJ has a little bit of Kobe in him.

Younggrease
01-19-2008, 10:50 PM
OJ has a little bit of Kobe in him.

about as much as Larry Hughes has...

My prediction is OJ Mayo will never start an all star game and prob only make 1-2 tops...This dude is just vastly overrated or WAS vastly overrated.

Mr_Basketball#1
01-19-2008, 10:51 PM
about as much as Larry Hughes has...My prediction is OJ Mayo will be closer to larry hughes in washington then Kobe Bryant...This dude is just vastly overrated or WAS vastly overrated.
OJ who??? :confusedshrug:

Younggrease
01-19-2008, 10:53 PM
OJ who??? :confusedshrug:

OJ "Overrated" Mayo...Although I changed my post because I forgot for a moment how bad larry hughes is...He cant be that bad

Interminator
01-19-2008, 10:58 PM
OJ "16 points @ UCLA" Mayo

Mayo is Gilbert Arenas jr w/Superstar Hype.

Mayo will have to learn over time that he is not a distributing PG and will not make anyone better in the NBA,his job will be to push the ball up the court and score.

In the right situation,Mayo will make 10-12 All Star Games and compete for 5-7 Scoring Titles.

Interminator
01-19-2008, 11:00 PM
OJ "Overrated" Mayo...Although I changed my post because I forgot for a moment how bad larry hughes is...He cant be that bad
OJ Mayo is nowhere near as bad as Larry Hughes has become.

How is OJ Mayo overrated?

Did you really think he was going to average 35 PPG/10/6 at USC?

Mr_Basketball#1
01-19-2008, 11:02 PM

No, but I did think he would prove his worth for the first overall pick. So far he has failed.

Interminator
01-19-2008, 11:08 PM
No, but I did think he would prove his worth for the first overall pick. So far he has failed.
How?

Because Beasley is such a ****ing monster at Kansas State he cant compare

Younggrease
01-19-2008, 11:15 PM

he was freakin compared to the best sg in the league as a prospect... I had guys on here tell me he is the same caliber athlete as a young Kobe...Tell me he could be a better scorer... Then people act like he can just turn into Gilbert Arenas like its easy... He was susposed to be the "savior" of USC and one of the best players in the country... Right now he prob isnt even an all american or close to it... And dont act like it cant be done, the top prospects like Durant and Oden dominated college, look at Beasley...where is OJ Mayo, who at one time was called the next Lebron??

If that isnt overrated then I dont know what it is??

ChrisConley
01-20-2008, 02:57 AM
when usc plays a solid team that actually plays decent defense, mayo chucks bricks. and that's single coverage. i think when he hits the nba and draws tough defenders and double teams, he'll barely crack 40% from the field.

Human Error
01-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Kapono is a tough dude. If he were a softie, he wouldn't have said something like "I could've changed my name to Vladimir Kaponovic and could've gone in the lottery". :rockon:

donsanchez306
01-20-2008, 04:35 AM
ummm give me any of those over nicholas batum whom everyone to ever do a mock draft gives us. with our top pick.

Created Player
01-20-2008, 05:17 AM
I see people are already jumping off the OJ bandwagon.

You talk about fickle. :oldlol:

Durant puts up all-time numbers for a freshman and 80% of this board hailed him as an future NBA Great. Now OJ is playing within the system and you got dudes saying he's 'overrated'.

Funny.

Again, this is why I'm me, and you're you. I do my homework. I see inside the numbers. I evaluate talent with the keennest of eye. Obviously you people do none of this. You see a few games here and there and want to make extreme decisions based on irrelevant statistical boxscores.

Believe this, is anyone from this draft can be great, it will be OJ Mayo. I'm not saying he will be great, but his ceiling blows the rest of these cats out the water. He just big/strong/quick/explosive/composed enough to do anything he wants on the court. He doesn't need a position cause he is the position. If he's at point, he has to much strenght and size. Try to defend him at the SG position, and he'll use his quickness and in between game to eat you up. Plus he's a quality passer at whatever position he plays.

You dudes are too funny. Learn to make your own decisions and guage talent with your own eyes. If you thought Durant would a great in the NBA, then should really be saying the same Mayo, not because of a few freshman college games, but because HIS INDIVIDUAL SKILLSET TRANSLATES AT THE PRO BETTER.

As a pro Mayo > Durant.

Easy call here. Talk to me when you see the same.

Younggrease
01-20-2008, 05:43 AM

Durant puts up all-time numbers for a freshman and 80% of this board hailed him as an future NBA Great. Now OJ is playing within the system and you got dudes saying he's 'overrated'.

Funny.

Again, this is why I'm me, and you're you. I do my homework. I see inside the numbers. I evaluate talent with the keennest of eye. Obviously you people do none of this. You see a few games here and there and want to make extreme decisions based on irrelevant statistical boxscores.

Believe this, is anyone from this draft can be great, it will be OJ Mayo. I'm not saying he will be great, but his ceiling blows the rest of these cats out the water. He just big/strong/quick/explosive/composed enough to do anything he wants on the court. He doesn't need a position cause he is the position. If he's at point, he has to much strenght and size. Try to defend him at the SG position, and he'll use his quickness and in between game to eat you up. Plus he's a quality passer at whatever position he plays.

You dudes are too funny. Learn to make your own decisions and guage talent with your own eyes. If you thought Durant would a great in the NBA, then should really be saying the same Mayo, not because of a few freshman college games, but because HIS INDIVIDUAL SKILLSET TRANSLATES AT THE PRO BETTER.
As a pro Mayo > Durant.

you dont even understand his skill set...

either you havent seen him play much or you are horrible at evaluating talent..OJ Mayo has a decent first step, he isnt blowing by any1 and has trouble getting where he wants on the floor against mediocre teams in D1... he isnt big and if you think he is blowing by nba 2 guards you are joking...He cant even blow by dudes in NCAA in single coverage...

Da KO King
01-20-2008, 10:56 AM

You talk about fickle....
Have you watched him at all in college? He has not blown by anyone. He has not elevated over anyone. He has not overpowered anyone.

I know you love anything Ohio related but you are really reaching on this one.

Make It Rain
01-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Really?

Mayo has Kobe's attitude

Kobe's been playing for how long?
Kobe didn't put on this "badboy" persona (or at least tries to) till recently. He built his career on his "goodguy" image early on, which is why he was so marketable. Mayo looks like trouble. Rose and Beasley are safer picks. Mayo's a risk player.

Make It Rain
01-20-2008, 11:11 AM
he was freakin compared to the best sg in the league as a prospect... I had guys on here tell me he is the same caliber athlete as a young Kobe...Tell me he could be a better scorer... Then people act like he can just turn into Gilbert Arenas like its easy... He was susposed to be the "savior" of USC and one of the best players in the country... Right now he prob isnt even an all american or close to it... And dont act like it cant be done, the top prospects like Durant and Oden dominated college, look at Beasley...where is OJ Mayo, who at one time was called the next Lebron??

If that isnt overrated then I dont know what it is??
He IS the same caliber athlete as young Kobe. Kobe was never that athletic. He made his name off of jumpshooting.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Who compared Mayo to Kobe skillwise

Mayo has the swagger of Kobe,and the talents of ?????

Nobody expected Mayo to be a savior at USC,nobody even thought he was going to come.Everyone knows that he is a one-and done player and he went to USC because LA is a major market and it will get him some more attention.

Nobody thought this USC team had a chance this year anyways,so really :oldlol: @ you thinking we were hailing him as the savior for USC basketball.

You also have to count the fact that the Pac 10 is the best conference in the country and USC had few non-conference games against weak opponents,compared to Mike Beasley who dominated guys at the start of the year.

Beasley didnt have the hype coming out of HS that Mayo had,like Durant didnt have the hype Greg Oden had.

Sharas
01-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Kobe was never that athletic.

second BS of the year nomination in just a few days:cheers:

put the crack pipe down.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Kobe didn't put on this "badboy" persona (or at least tries to) till recently. He built his career on his "goodguy" image early on, which is why he was so marketable. Mayo looks like trouble. Rose and Beasley are safer picks. Mayo's a risk player.

Kobe had swagger when he was younger,like LeBron has swagger,and D-Wade has swagger.

Beasley is the most unsafe pick in the entire draft,now from what I've learned more about him is that his work ethic is extremely questionable,he clashes against systems thats one reason why he transfered out of Oak Hill.Beasley also is an extreme ballhog who calls for the ball 24/7 and doesnt even look to pass to an open guy when he has it on the low block,the only time he passes is on the perimeter and then he makes his move to the post and calls for the ball.
Beasley does not play hard 24/7,when the going gets tough he gets frustrated and has a temper tantrum basically when he isnt getting the ball.

OJ Mayo has swagger but he plays hard 24/7,Washington State was up by 10 with about 12 seconds left in the game and OJ is playing hard defense against Weaver like the game was tied while the rest of the players are wandering around accepting defeat.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
second BS of the year nomination in just a few days:cheers:

put the crack pipe down.
Hes right.

Look at HS clips of Kobe,he wasnt that great of an athlete.

Kobe basically played like Martell Webster in High School

GOBB
01-20-2008, 11:22 AM

Funny.

As a pro Mayo > Durant.

Kansas, Memphis, Stanford, UCLA, Oklahoma, explain OJ Mayo's performance.

Only game vs good competition where he performed well was Wash St. USC has talent and OJ Mayo is supposed to be the star studded freshman to lead the way. He's done no such a thing besides been a player that shot more than his teammates. What are you seeing so special from him? Outside of scoring what does he bring? Not playmaking ability or the ability to run an offense like a PG which is what many claimed he would develop into.

I see OJ Mayo and I see Larry Hughes at St Louis.

Sharas
01-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Hes right.

whether he used it to the fullest, is the other thing. but to say he wasn't "that athletic"? have you watched kobe/shaq lakers at all? he won the dunk contest too. he surely isn't in discussion for greatest dunker of all time, but "he wasn't that athletic" is also very far from the truth.

even now he does some great stuff from time to time.

GOBB
01-20-2008, 11:30 AM
What do u mean Kobe wasnt that great of an athlete in H.S?

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:32 AM
whether he used it to the fullest, is the other thing. but to say he wasn't "that athletic"? have you watched kobe/shaq lakers at all? he won the dunk contest too. he surely isn't in discussion for greatest dunker of all time, but "he wasn't that athletic" is also very far from the truth.

even now he does some great stuff from time to time.

It doesnt matter if you won the dunk contest our not,its how you play with your athleticism and all Kobe did at the start of his career was to shoot jump shots or go to the rim the way T-Mac does now.

You cant judge a players athleticism in a game off of a fast break dunk or in a slam dunk contest.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:33 AM
What do u mean Kobe wasnt that great of an athlete in H.S?
Lebron HS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe HS

Lebron(HS)-Great athlete
Kobe(HS)-Good athlete

Sharas
01-20-2008, 11:36 AM

Lebron(HS)-Great athlete
Kobe(HS)-Good athlete

so what does that prove? i'll correct it for you:

Lebron - arguably the GOAT athlete
Kobe - great athlete

GOBB
01-20-2008, 11:37 AM
ISH needs to do random drug testing here.

GOBB
01-20-2008, 11:38 AM
so what does that prove? i'll correct it for you:

Lebron - arguably the GOAT athlete
Kobe - great athlete

Thank you, because I've seen Kobe in HS and Sonny Hill leagues (during the summer). Good athlete is a slight.

Lebron23
01-20-2008, 11:40 AM

Lebron(HS)-Great athlete
Kobe(HS)-Good athlete

Kobe Bryant was a better Highschool player than Lebron James.

Bryant attended Lower Merion High School, after having spent a part of his childhood in Italy. While in high school, Bryant proved to be a star player on the courts, and earned enough honors and triumphs to make up for his lack of college basketball experience.

As a senior Kobe was voted USA Today and Parade Magazine's National High School Player of the Year and he led his team to Class AAAA state title with a 31-3 record. Kobe also broke records along the way. With an average of 30.8 points, 12 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 4.0 steals, 3.8 blocked shots per game, and a total of 2,883 points, Bryant became the leading scorer in Southeastern Pennsylvania history -- beating out previous records set by NBA great Wilt Chamberlain and Carlin Warley.

A four-year starter, Bryant was recognized for his innate basketball skills by being named Naismith Player of the Year, Gatorade Circle of Champions High School Player of the Year, and became a McDonald's All-America Team member.

http://www.addinternet.com.ar/kobeeng.htm

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Kobe Bryant was a better Highschool player than Lebron James.

http://www.addinternet.com.ar/kobeeng.htm
Kobe was not a better HS player than LeBron James,you can look at the stats and all that.

LeBron was a 3-time 1st Team Parade All-American in HS,and had NBA hype oozing out of his pores as a HS JR.LeBron tried to enter the NBA Draft after his HS JR year do you realize that?

Now if we're talking about hype than neither is in the same league as OJ Mayo

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Heres some quotes from Wikipedia for you:
[quote]
[b]The first public mention of Mayo occurred in the Ashland (KY) Daily Independent in an article called 'Phenom' in the paper's January 21, 2001 edition, when Mayo was just a sixth grader. In that article he was listed as being a "6-foot-1

VCMVP1551
01-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Thank you, because I've seen Kobe in HS and Sonny Hill leagues (during the summer). Good athlete is a slight.

Yeah Kobe's vertical has been reported at 38 inches. The average NBA vertical is only 28. How is he not a great athlete? He is also very quick and he has amazing body control which is why he is able to make such difficult shots.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 11:59 AM
^^Once again,it depends on how athletically you play in a game.

Kobe did not play nearly as athletic as he really is in his games in HS.

Does anybody remember when T-Mac once played athletically?

Lebron23
01-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Heres some quotes from Wikipedia for you:

Thats just middle school.

OJ Mayo is already an NBA ready type of player beside the fact that he is way older than some of the young prospect in the 2008 NBA Draft. I still think some teams would still look at his Highschool and College credentials although i can see him dropping in the Draft Chart because of his attitude.

He would still be a safer pick for some lottery team in the NBA because they will have a Combo Guard that is already matured enough to play in the league.

Efunk7
01-20-2008, 12:13 PM
as of now, give me jerryd bayless over any of the freshmen guards...

GOBB
01-20-2008, 12:27 PM
^^Once again,it depends on how athletically you play in a game.

Kobe did not play nearly as athletic as he really is in his games in HS.

Does anybody remember when T-Mac once played athletically?

Yes he did and so did Tmac in HS

GOBB
01-20-2008, 12:28 PM

Good thing you're not a GM.

VCMVP1551
01-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes he did and so did Tmac in HS

Considering you are from Philly did you watch Kobe play at all in highschool?

Interminator
01-20-2008, 12:36 PM
If he did im hoping he didnt see him live,if he did see him live hopefully he was 14 and under.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
True.

Bayless will be a Barbosa-type player in the NBA

If Bayless entered this year it would be very bad for him,he should stay 2-3 years and develop as an undersized SG rather than come out as a raw PG

GOBB
01-20-2008, 12:40 PM

Yeah I did from 10-12th grade and also Sonny Hill league where top talent in the city run against each other on teams. I played against Kobe before. I've seen dude pull Ricky Davis over Steve Nash more than once. He was also doing a lot of that And1 ish....come down left right left right dribble it fake like he throws a pass to the right meanwhile wraps it around your head catching it with the left. Dude was splitting two defenders and doing 180 tomahawk jams. I dont know what highlights people are seeing but from what I saw dude was great athletically.

Sharas
01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
True.

Bayless will be a Barbosa-type player in the NBA

If Bayless entered this year it would be very bad for him,he should stay 2-3 years and develop as an undersized SG rather than come out as a raw PG

so you think he'll be better than mayo and rose?

Efunk7
01-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Good thing you're not a GM.

note that i said AS OF NOW...to me, he is the only one who has shown he can be a sure-fire nba contributor right now other than gordon...but my problem with gordon is his size at the 2 and lack of point guard skills...my issue with mayo is his decision making and lack of development of point guard skills (although he claims magic to be his fav player)...my issue with rose is his still suspect jumper...bayless can score/shoot just about at will/as well as gordon, has the athleticism of rose, has shown point guard skills, and has shown the best competitive spirit out of all of them imo...

VCMVP1551
01-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah I did from 10-12th grade and also Sonny Hill league where top talent in the city run against each other on teams. I played against Kobe before. I've seen dude pull Ricky Davis over Steve Nash more than once. He was also doing a lot of that And1 ish....come down left right left right dribble it fake like he throws a pass to the right meanwhile wraps it around your head catching it with the left. Dude was splitting two defenders and doing 180 tomahawk jams. I dont know what highlights people are seeing but from what I saw dude was great athletically.

I hear people call Kobe unathletic all the time and I am thinking WTF. He has been one of the most athletic swingmen since he entered the league. Athletisism is not just vertical leap(although he has a nice vertical leap too).

GOBB
01-20-2008, 12:47 PM
to me, he is the only one who has shown he can be a sure-fire nba contributor right now other than gordon...my problem with gordon is his size at the 2 and lack of point guard skills...my issue with mayo is his decision making and lack of development of point guard skills (although he claims magic to be his fav player)...my issue with rose is his still suspect jumper...bayless can score/shoot just about as well/at will as gordon, has the athleticism of rose, has shown point guard skills, and has shown the best competitive spirit out of all of them imo...

Ok i got you.

bballer
01-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Derrick Rose. he has shown that he can score already. OJ isn't doing as well as i thought that he would be

allball
01-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Hes right.

That's just plain silly

Interminator
01-20-2008, 12:50 PM
so you think he'll be better than mayo and rose?
No.

Bayless-Quick Undersized SG w/good ballhandling

As I said,Barbosa is more accurate of what he will become in the NBA but Bayless has more hops than Barbosa

Sharas
01-20-2008, 12:53 PM
No.

Bayless-Quick Undersized SG w/good ballhandling

As I said,Barbosa is more accurate of what he will become in the NBA but Bayless has more hops than Barbosa

you co-signed a guys post where he says he'd take bayless over any other freshman guard:confusedshrug:

another proof that you're an ignoramus.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Derrick Rose. he has shown that he can score already. OJ isn't doing as well as i thought that he would be

Because OJ should've gone to Duke,which would have put him on a bigger national level where more people could see him play on the East Coast and on the West Coast as well.

OJ also would have gotten great coaching on how to play in a system and he would have learned better shot selection while playing the SG rather than playing PG.

or........

OJ should've gone to St.Johns where he could play in NYC and he would get the ball more than Beasley gets the ball at K-State,not to mention he would be the catalyst to put St.Johns back on the map in college basketball.

St.Johns last hope I think is to get Lance Stephenson.

Interminator
01-20-2008, 12:59 PM
you co-signed a guys post where he says he'd take bayless over any other freshman guard:confusedshrug:

:cry: :cry:

STFU ******,I agreed with the statement because Bayless has been better than any other Freshman Guard.

But I do not believe his pro potential is as good as Rose or Mayo's where I think both could make numerous All Star Games

Efunk7
01-20-2008, 01:01 PM

tell me what freshman guard has been better overall or meant more to his team than bayless this year?...the only name that should come up is gordon...

Interminator
01-20-2008, 01:04 PM
tell me what freshman guard has been better overall or meant more to his team than bayless this year?...the only name that should come up is gordon...

Gordon has not been more important to Indiana than Bayless has to Arizona.

Indiana looked like a solid team anyways this season without Gordon and they would've been 15-1 at this point without Gordon.

Just look at there schedule to this point.

Sharas
01-20-2008, 01:08 PM

just checking up does he actually read posts he cosigns:) since he doesn't consider kobe bryant a great athlete

honestly, i haven't seen enough to really have a legit opinion. i like gordon the most from what he is showing right now, but IMO he has the least upside too.

Efunk7
01-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Gordon has not been more important to Indiana than Bayless has to Arizona.

Indiana looked like a solid team anyways this season without Gordon and they would've been 15-1 at this point without Gordon.

Just look at there schedule to this point.

I agree, i just meant that the only possible guard who has been better is gordon...

Efunk7
01-20-2008, 01:11 PM
just checking up does he actually read posts he cosigns:) since he doesn't consider kobe bryant a great athlete

honestly, i haven't seen enough to really have a legit opinion. i like gordon the most from what he is showing right now, but IMO he has the least upside too.

i agree with you about the kobe thing - he has def shown himself to be a great athlete...and if you don't have enough background to have a legit opinion, why comment about it?...i do agree with you about gordon's upside, however...

Sharas
01-20-2008, 01:14 PM
i agree with you about the kobe thing - he has def shown himself to be a great athlete...and if you don't have enough background to have a legit opinion, why comment about it?...i do agree with you about gordon's upside, however...

i really didn't say anything about the original topic.

Da KO King
01-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I have to assume that by "not a great" athlete he meant that Kobe was not a guy that depended on his athleticism the way a kat like Derrick Rose does.

Kobe's athletic ability was a plus to his skillset while athleticism is Derrick's skillset.

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Having watched Mayo a few times now, I think one of the analysts from yesterdays USC/UCLA game summed it up best: "He's a good player, not a great player." He's developing a nice set of skills, has a jumper and is a good athlete, but this is no superstar. I expect to see him start for most of his pro career but it'll require some unheard-of gains in his skill set to make him an All-Star, because he doesn't have the explosion necessary for a 6'4 SG to dominate. He's not a point guard at all.

KWALI
01-20-2008, 01:52 PM
OJ Mayo = Brandon Roy or Ben Gordon? I am asking here?

I only seen a couple of games but it doesn't seem like he's trying especially to dominate physically and not everyone requires wade like explosiveness to get a shot they are comfortable with.

Going back as far as Sam Cassell at Florida state I don't think you neccesarily have to be the thing you are in the NBA that you are in the NCAA

Da KO King
01-20-2008, 01:59 PM
OJ Mayo = Brandon Roy ......NO? I am asking here?

I only seen a couple of games but it doesn't seem like he's trying especially to dominate physically and not everyone requires wade like explosiveness to get a shot they are comfortable with.
To me B. Roy is his best case scenario.

The way I've viewed Mayo this season has been:
best case: Brandon Roy
worst case: Derek Anderson (note that DA was a very good player but never anything more than a role-playing starter)
most likely: Jamal Crawford with less handle but improved defense

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2008, 01:59 PM

Going back as far as Sam Cassell at Florida state I don't think you neccesarily have to be the thing you are in the NBA that you are in the NCAA
Mayo might be able to be a bigger, more athletic version of Cassell, but he's yet to show anything to make me think he's going to be a point guard. Gordon's a better athlete and a better shooter, though if he works hard Mayo could match Gordon's shooting ability. Roy's bigger and plays a more unselfish game, he's looking for teammates, which Mayo doesn't really do.

KWALI
01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Mayo might be able to be a bigger, more athletic version of Cassell, but he's yet to show anything to make me think he's going to be a point guard. Gordon's a better athlete and a better shooter, though if he works hard Mayo could match Gordon's shooting ability. Roy's bigger and plays a more unselfish game, he's looking for teammates, which Mayo doesn't really do.

Ahh.. that's where all this KB24 comparison talk is coming from...but in the games I saw vs..Memphis and ...can't remeber then other one he was really purposely looking for that Jefferson guy and on other teammate and shooting sparringly...so I guess that was outta character for him...But Sam Cassell wasn't a PG in NCAA comp either.

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2008, 02:04 PM
To me B. Roy is his best case scenario.

The way I've viewed Mayo this season has been:
best case: Brandon Roy
worst case: Derek Anderson (note that DA was a very good player but never anything more than a role-playing starter)
most likely: Jamal Crawford with less handle but improved defense
Crawford isn't a bad comparison. I could see Mayo being a less-playground version of him.

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Ahh.. that's where all this KB24 comparison talk is coming from...but in the games I saw vs..Memphis and ...can't remeber then other one he was really purposely looking for that Jefferson guy and on other teammate and shooting sparringly...so I guess that was outta character for him...But Sam Cassell wasn't a PG in NCAA comp either.
I wouldn't quite call Mayo a ballhog, he's just a scorer, that's how he influences the game. And maybe in the NBA he'll have a great coach that can turn him into a pg. But right now he averages more turnovers than assists, which is unheard-of for a pg.

Created Player
01-20-2008, 03:03 PM

This is the best post made so far today.

So many times you people are always looking for the 'NEXT' big thing. Saying so-and-so player is the next LeBron or Kobe or Wade. That's not how things operate. Stop trying to define other people's game based on the skills of prior players before them.

When I see OJ, I see smooth. To me, I'm happy that he's playing within the USC system. Shows that he's willing and able to be coached up. I find laughable that you people are expectin him to be a gunner, when if he actually was that, you'd be criticizing him for that, too.

If you're having a problem analysing his game, who's fault is that? It's not mine or OJ's. Who's fault is it that you can't see a guy with elite scoring ability based on his freshman games so far? Again, not mines. You really shouldn't need the guy to go on a tremendous hot streak (like he surely will later in the year) in order to see his talent. You're worried about lack of aa first step and I see great handle/plus fluid stroke = he gets a shot anytime he wants at the NBA level.

Why don't you see the same?

ChrisConley
01-20-2008, 03:54 PM
This So many times you people are always looking for the 'NEXT' big thing....

If you're having a problem analysing his game, who's fault is that? It's not mine or OJ's. Who's fault is it that you can't see a guy with elite scoring ability based on his freshman games so far? Again, not mines. You really shouldn't need the guy to go on a tremendous hot streak (like he surely will later in the year) in order to see his talent. You're worried about lack of aa first step and I see great handle/plus fluid stroke = he gets a shot anytime he wants at the NBA level.

Why don't you see the same?

I'm confused as to your position on Mayo. You criticize people who are looking for Mayo as the "next big thing" (which I haven't seen anyone write so far). Then go on to basically praise him as the next big thing and criticize others for not seeing the talent that you see. I don't get it. Incoherent at best.

final.wrath
01-21-2008, 05:01 AM
We won't know how good Mayo is untill he puts the work in and proves himself in the NBA. Its hard to predict how some players transistion.

I think Derrick Rose is the safest #1 pick.

Da KO King
01-21-2008, 10:21 AM
We won't know how good Mayo is untill he puts the work in and proves himself in the NBA. Its hard to predict how some players transistion.

I think Derrick Rose is the safest #1 pick.
What do you mean by safest pick?

Actually no matter how you slice it I think you're wrong. Derrick Rose doesn't have a NBA skill right now.

AlThornton
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Give me D Rose. From all accounts he is a team player, who works hard, and is unselfish. Sure he isn't that great of a shooter right now, but With his work ethic and good coaching he can be a great PG.

His athleticism is off the charts, which is a plus. He can virtually get his shot off at an time.

Right now he is raw, but if he fine tunes his game in the next 2/3 years.

Watch out!!!

Mr_Basketball#1
03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Now that I've seen Beasley play a couple of times, I think if a GM doesn't take this kid with the #1 pick, there obviously crazy. He's the total package. What 74 pts and his last two games? He can shoot the mid range shot, solid ball handler and is a high-riser. I understand why a team wouldn't want him if they had the position he plays filled, but you have to take this guy. I think he is a franchise player. If Minnesota can get this kid and team him up with Big Al with Bassy running the show, I think that team could be a real threat.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
06-25-2009, 02:27 AM
It is Mayo, how is this even a debate.

Interminator
06-25-2009, 02:51 AM
What do you mean by safest pick?

Actually no matter how you slice it I think you're wrong. Derrick Rose doesn't have a NBA skill right now.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was 100% correct in everything said in this thread, Da KO King was so wrong about Rose he stopped posting due to the embarassment.

Ko King where u at brah?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-19-2009, 09:30 AM
mayo now tomorrow and forever

el gringos
09-19-2009, 01:57 PM
If there was a redraft atleast 25 out of 30 teams go with rose

Long term I stick w the list I've had since predraft
Rose
Lopez
Westbrook
Mayo
Beasly

Oj has been very impressive and as of now he is either 1 or 2- funny how peoples opinions change so much on ish, went from undervalued to now overvalued- a very good player and a future allstar but not a for sure superstar or top mvp candidate yet- he could get there but its overboard right now

nbastatus
09-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Simple,
Rose
Mayo
Beasly

O.J A 6'4Mamba
10-04-2009, 04:50 AM
If there was a redraft atleast 25 out of 30 teams go with rose

Long term I stick w the list I've had since predraft
Rose
Lopez
Westbrook
Mayo
Beasly

Oj has been very impressive and as of now he is either 1 or 2- funny how peoples opinions change so much on ish, went from undervalued to now overvalued- a very good player and a future allstar but not a for sure superstar or top mvp candidate yet- he could get there but its overboard right now

have you seen OJ's talent. He has the god given ability to be better than Jordan, he is that good.

nicktheman13
01-14-2012, 01:01 AM
I love oj the 6'4" mamba

Go Getter
01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
have you seen OJ's talent. He has the god given ability to be better than Jordan, he is that good.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

entropy35
06-04-2012, 03:39 AM
IMO Michael Beasley is still the most talented player in that draft even more so than Westbrook.

Go Getter
06-04-2012, 03:58 AM
IMO Michael Beasley is still the most talented player in that draft even more so than Westbrook.
You obviously want to have butt sex with him.

WeGetRing2012
06-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Beasley will show his worth on the Lakers :rockon:

nathanjizzle
06-15-2012, 11:58 AM

the most severe fan boy delusionism i have ever seen on this forum. and this is over Pauk saying lebron can do a windmill dunk from the FT line.

Inferno
06-10-2013, 08:10 PM

:lol