PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant would be purchasing Michael Jordan's Massive Home in Highland Park

Lebron23
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
[quote]

new noise
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
And the borderline-creepy Jordan fixation continues. Why doesn't he just head to Charlotte where he can be MJ with MJ?

Phenomenon
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
If both teams struggle, I don't think LA would use Chicago as a potential trading partner anymore. If Chicago's players aren't playing up to their expectations (directly relating to their team struggles), it would be tougher for them to land Kobe because LA's GM will be back tracking a bit and possibly demanding more then he previously asked for, thus it would be even tougher for Chicago to settle a trade that would satisfy both of these teams.

Make It Rain
11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
This is just creepy. Kobe needs mental help.

Lebron23
11-07-2007, 03:36 PM
And the borderline-creepy Jordan fixation continues. Why doesn't he just head to Charlotte where he can be MJ with MJ?

Charlotte is not a great basketball destination, and it would affect the popularity of selling Bryant's Jersey in the International Market. One of the reason that he is still one of the most popular player in the NBA is because he is playing for the 2nd greatest franchise in the history of the league.

Beside I can see Bryant and Jordan having a locker room argument after discussing, Who is the Best Player in the NBA??? :lol:

He wants to play in Chicago because that is a great basketball franchise, and Kobe Bryant being one of those Air Apparent wants to follow the direction of his Airness Michael Jordan that is why one of the reason he change his number from #8 to #24 because he felt he wants to be one step higher than Jordan.

John Starks
11-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I would bet alot of ball players buy houses owned or formerly owned by ball players -- mostly because ball players are freaks. You need a house that a 6'7 guy can walk aroubnd in comfortably. Most houses don't have ceilings that high.

Also ball players build courts in their basements -- nobody else really wants to pay for that.

Phenomenon
11-07-2007, 03:38 PM
#24 because he felt he wants to be one step higher than Jordan.

Wasn't it his old high school number?

Bryant began his career at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pa., wearing No. 24. But by 1996 -- the year he led the school to the state championship -- he had switched to No. 33, the number his father Joe "Jelly Bean" Bryant wore in high school.

billybadass
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Freak

DLeagueWannabe
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I would bet alot of ball players buy houses owned or formerly owned by ball players -- mostly because ball players are freaks. You need a house that a 6'7 guy can walk aroubnd in comfortably. Most houses don't have ceilings that high.

Also ball players build courts in their basements -- nobody else really wants to pay for that.

Yeah Starks, u right...

NFL and NBA players homes are made strictly for that lifestyle...

money, women, and sports...Looks at Shaqs house on "Cribs", it looked like the ceilings were 11 ft, or sumthin...lol

Lebron23
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM

Bryant began his career at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pa., wearing No. 24. But by 1996 -- the year he led the school to the state championship -- he had switched to No. 33, the number his father Joe "Jelly Bean" Bryant wore in high school.

Thanks for the information that is the first time i heard about that trivia. :)

Eldrunko247
11-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Doesn't mean he didn't choose it way back then because he thought he was the next coming of Jordan . It's pretty easy to see through Kobe.

DLeagueWannabe
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Doesn't mean he didn't choose it way back then because he thought he was the next coming of Jordan . It's pretty easy to see through Kobe.

I co-sign this powerful post...

But might I add, What's wrong with thinking that way?

Sh*t, I thought that way in highschool too, do you guys hate me now?

Dbrog
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
This is very strange...

Eldrunko247
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Kobe is just too arrogant to admit it. He claims Magic was his all time favorite player growing up yet he plays nothing, I mean nothing like Magic. No similarities whatsoever yet his mannerisms and his style is all derived from Jordan's style even down to the way they talk, lick their lips, etc. Phil even called Kobe out about in his book. It's not just a coincidence. Nothing wrong with it all but to pretend you're above it when it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain what's going on here.

I remember an interview where Kobe said he didn't hang out with his teammates because all they did was go strip clubs or whatever and he was here to play basketball. Needless to say he got busted in Colorado freaking some girl in a hotel room. My point is and I'm sure a lot of celebs and athletes are like this that they put on a public persona but Kobe's public persona is insulting because everyone can see through it. He thinks he's a lot smarter than he is but he's really not and it's insulting some of the crap that comes out of his mouth. He even got busted this summer lying about if he contacted Andrew Bynum or not. Kobe said fo sho he talked to him and text messaged him but when Andrew was asked he said Kobe didn't contact him at all. The guy is just a habitual liar but the problem is believes a lot of his own lies. I really don't care about what he does off the court because celebs are just tv personalities to me. I have nothing emotionally invested like some of the fan bois on here. I just care how he plays on the court. Which he seems to be doing pretty well this year (team concept).

rezznor
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Im just waiting for the day he changes his legal name to Michael

Richie2k6
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah........ this is too much. He just took it to a whole new level.

DatZNasty
11-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Why does the media feel the need to let us in on every little facet of Kobe's life?

Kobe24
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Just because it's reported, it doesn't mean it's true......

Lebron23
11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Why does the media feel the need to let us in on every little facet of Kobe's life?

It must be those Chicago Journalist still dreaming of landing Kobe Bryant via multiple players trade as an early Christmas Gift in Chicago.

Myth
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM

That will follow a couple retirements and brief stints with the Wizards and playing baseball.

gb8
11-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Nope he would just go around making eveyone call him mike cus that was his uncles name and when he was young everyone used to talk abotu how similar he used to look to his uncle and thus started calling him mike.

pete's montreux
11-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I bet he religiously wears Hanes, too.

Knoe Itawl
11-07-2007, 04:44 PM
http://cache.cinemanow.com/images/boxart/175/SingleWhiteFemale_EST_175.jpg

Reminds me of this movie. Ironic since they're black males, but you get the point.

DLeagueWannabe
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
http://cache.cinemanow.com/images/boxart/175/SingleWhiteFemale_EST_175.jpg

Reminds me of this movie. Ironic since they're black males, but you get the point.

LOL...that movie's crazy:applause:

Noob Saibot
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Kobe might as well dump his wife and hit up Jordan's ex so his life can be more complete.

YAWN
11-07-2007, 04:53 PM

no because youre not a great NBA basketball player.

Knoe Itawl
11-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Nothing wrong with that. Kobe is just too arrogant to admit it. He claims Magic was his all time favorite player growing up yet he plays nothing, I mean nothing like Magic. No similarities whatsoever yet his mannerisms and his style is all derived from Jordan's style even down to the way they talk, lick their lips, etc. Phil even called Kobe out about in his book. It's not just a coincidence. Nothing wrong with it all but to pretend you're above it when it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain what's going on here.

Uh, yeah there is. It's one thing to look up to a player and try to pattern your game from him, it's another to try to become his twin.

Also, you left out that on his sports century they talked to his ex girlfriend who said that he would constantly want to stay home and watch Bulls games or his friends that said he used to wear out Come Fly With Me.

DLeagueWannabe
11-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Uh, yeah there is. It's one thing to look up to a player and try to pattern your game from him, it's another to try to become his twin.

Also, you left out that on his sports century they talked to his ex girlfriend who said that he would constantly want to stay home and watch Bulls games or his friends that said he used to wear out Come Fly With Me.

So Did I...Am I crazy?:rockon: lol

Eldrunko247
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all "but".......Anyhow, I think the overwhelming consensus is that Kobe is a strange fella.

JalenRawley
11-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Charlotte is not a great basketball destination

You know -NOTHING-. Charlotte is not a great basketball destination? Hello? UNC? Duke? Hello? It's not a great NBA destination, but those people BLEED Carolina and Blue Devil blue.

But, you wouldn't know about that, would you?

Dizzle-2k7
11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
everyone grew up wanting to be like Jordan.

now everyone who failed at it hates Kobe cuz he mastered everything Jordan did, and then some.

as for this house thing, yea its a little weird. but I seriously doubt its true.

gts
11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
wow three pages of comments on an article written by a gossip coloumnist...lol

billybadass
11-07-2007, 06:44 PM
everyone grew up wanting to be like Jordan.

hell no

eeeeeebro
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
He probaly wants the home because ITS a good home with a basketball court. Why not buy jordans home its probably the most fit home in chicago for a basketball player. He could buy a large home and have a basketball court built over time but why? when you got Jordans already customized crib?

White Chocolate
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
-Same exact jump shot

-Switched number to 24

-Tries to talk like MJ

Now he's about to buy the man's home. If he could, Kobe would have married MJ instead of Vanessa.

e20dyl4n
11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
who wouldnt wanna live in jordans crib. i bet its sick

driecken
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Kobe Bryant does tend to try to act like jordan, after hitting a game winner holding his fist out in front of hist chest,(exactly) like jordan did. He even copied jordans game winning jump shot with the jump and fist jab after hitting a game winner. I like Kobe Bryant, because in my opinion hes the best and most talented in the NBA right now. Also the closest thing we have to Jordan at the present time, if it werent for Kobe , i wouldnt be watching the NBA anymore. The fact is, he imitates a lot of MJ's old moves, even the way he shoots his jumpers is almost an exact replica of jordans old fall away, but he kicks his legs out more. I dont really care but, he does copy a lot of Jordans stuff.:sleeping

Eldrunko247
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Exactly. Who gives a damn if he tries to imitate the GOAT? The fools are just jealous because he is the only player in the history of the league who remotely resembles Jordan. The stupid crybabies who don't want Kobe on this team will always bring up crap arguments that get debunked time after time, but no one gives a damn what those clowns think.

Paxson knows that this team is going nowhere. He will land Kobe.
Bulls fans are creeping me out. Reminds me of Laker fans who obsessed over KG.

final.wrath
11-07-2007, 07:06 PM

i hope you dig deeper and find the answer to this question

it applies to celebrities like britney spears and lindsey lohan too.

why does the media want us to have idols and celebrities?

Jasper
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Kobe might as well dump his wife and hit up Jordan's ex so his life can be more complete.

:applause: :applause:

JalenRawley
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Laker fans had every right to obsess over KG, because he is one of the greatest PF's to ever play the game. Laker fans should have obsessed over KG, because he was the only player who might have kept Kobe in LA, AND because the Lakers roster sucks unlike any other.

Knowledgable Bulls fans are the same, in the sense that they understand that a team of Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, and Luol Deng will never sniff a Finals appearance, while a team with Kobe Bryant will win multiple rings.

Nah, you're the only retard who claims to be a Bulls fan who thinks that Kobe = rings. Look at how many he's gotten since Shaq left. And how many does Shaq have? Mmhmm, exactly.

eeeeeebro
11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
lets see? bulls beat lakers both times they played last year.

eeeeeebro
11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
the way i see it - your team has to beat us before you can start chucking words at our players. yeah we are 0-4 but im sure many teams have lost 4 in a row at some point. It will not dictate our season we dont have scrubs on the team except ben wallace i think ben wallace thinks he is god given all defense material and he now expects balls to bounce into his non shooting ass hands like he has Giant magnets in his hands.

Loki
11-07-2007, 07:35 PM
now everyone who failed at it hates Kobe cuz he mastered everything Jordan did, and then some.

Yeah, except the passing/playmaking, defense, rebounding, post game etc.

Loki
11-07-2007, 07:36 PM
who wouldnt wanna live in jordans crib. i bet its sick

It ain't a home dude, it's an estate:

http://www.triadhomesearch.com/generator/files/KimSetliff.com/Michael%20J%202.jpg

eeeeeebro
11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
i saw an interesting stat kobe hasnt beaten of jordans that is 40+ point games he is 100 games of 40+ points behind jordan.

Chuck Thou NBA
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM

:lol: That will be the day. He always states that his game isin't perfected into a Jordan-esque... but it is. He's the closest thing the NBA has to MJ.

Chuck Thou NBA
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM

http://www.triadhomesearch.com/generator/files/KimSetliff.com/Michael%20J%202.jpg

is that really his house?

Phenomenon
11-07-2007, 07:51 PM
The big one is Jordan's old house, the other smaller houses are his neighbours. If I recall correctly.

eeeeeebro
11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
what do you do with a house that big? Move everyone that is related to you even 2nd and 3rd cousins in.

poeticism707
11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
what do you do with a house that big? Move everyone that is related to you even 2nd and 3rd cousins in.

"Be like Mike" apparently...

Who'sKobe
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Michael Sneed is a credible source, after all, he was there when Kobe and Vanessa discussed these plans; also, he was present when Kobe talked to the agent.

Diesel J
11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Kobe:lol:

-primetime-
11-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I wonder if Kobe has a hidden Jordan shrine in his basement with thousands of photos of MJ covering the walls and millions of candles burning...

gts
11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Michael Sneed is a credible source, after all, he was there when Kobe and Vanessa discussed these plans; also, he was present when Kobe talked to the agent. your kidding right? this is the same clown that said the virgina tech gunman was a member of the PRC... lol the newspaper had to retract the story and issue an appolgee to the the PRC... search his name and i'll bet you come up with several articles calling him out for various things during his tenure... i just remeber the name because he got so blasted by everyone after virgina tech...

gts
11-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I wonder if Kobe has a hidden Jordan shrine in his basement with thousands of photos of MJ covering the walls and millions of candles burning...of course not don't be silly...it's not hidden

rezznor
11-07-2007, 09:04 PM

WTF!?!?!?! no pool? ghetto!!!!! :D

White Chocolate
11-07-2007, 09:07 PM

It looks like a college campus.

Los Angeles
11-07-2007, 09:12 PM
WTF!?!?!?! no pool? ghetto!!!!!

He has at least two indoor pools...

Who'sKobe
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
your kidding right? this is the same clown that said the virgina tech gunman was a member of the PRC... lol the newspaper had to retract the story and issue an appolgee to the the PRC... search his name and i'll bet you come up with several articles calling him out for various things during his tenure... i just remeber the name because he got so blasted by everyone after virgina tech...

Yes.

In this day and age, where CBS quotes a gossip site, Michael Sneed (never even heard of him before today) is free to do write whatever he wants!

-primetime-
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
are those guest home that surround it?

if so then jesus christ

Los Angeles
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM

I think that`s his neighbours houses...

-primetime-
11-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I think that`s his neighbours houses...
are you sure?

they look really tiny....but maybe that is just because they are next to his house...

plus all the streets are connected...those may be just guest homes of his

clayton
11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
He's a big fan of Michael. He probably inspired him to play at that style, no doubt. There are so many moves he took from Micheal's book, but who wouldn't?

eeeeeebro
11-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Kobe grew up a son of an NBA player he knew he would be NBA ready probably very early in life around Jordan Era and he modeled his game after Jordan. You have to know Kobe likes Jordan.

Loki
11-07-2007, 09:55 PM

if so then jesus christ

I'm pretty sure that when I first saw this picture of Jordan's house a few years back it stated that everything you see was his, so those are likely guest houses. You can see that the building towards the bottom of the picture in the center to the left looks like a massive garage. Also, if those are other people's homes, then what are the chances that a person next to him to the left would also have a halfcourt in their backyard?

bleedinpurpleTwo
11-07-2007, 10:21 PM
those are other houses, not guest houses.

driecken
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
those are other houses, not guest houses.
My ninth grade history teachers brother did construction work for MJ's house. He owns the property surrounding his house, and im pretty sure those arent neighbors. Considering they had to pave his driveway from the closest road, im pretty sure he would have neighbors seeing as that would be a neighborhood, and there would already bee streets there.

rezznor
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
it was a joke, but yeah i assumed he had an indoor pool. still, u gotta have an outdoor pool man!! pool without the sun just isnt the same.

YAWN
11-07-2007, 11:15 PM
his mom and sister lived in two of those. One of the others looks like a car garage. The front gate from the stret has the #23 on it.

Los Angeles
11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
If everything is MJ's property then I see 2 outdoor pools, the middle house in the picture and the far left house both got an outdoor pool.

Jimmy2k8
11-07-2007, 11:56 PM

If the article is true, then I am extremely jealous right now. :mad:

Take Your Lumps
11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
An estate?

Nah, I think this qualifies as a complex.

FultzNationRISE
09-25-2019, 07:37 PM
Oh shit. I completely forgot Kobe demanded a trade to the Eastern Conference after failing in the playoffs for three straight years :lebronamazed:

But he had to nix the deal to the Bulls bc he was afraid to play in the East without Luol Deng. :lebroncry: