PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice Michael Beasley one upping Durant so far?

i seen hippos
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I know it's only three games, but he's averaging 30/20 for K-State.....30/20.

I claimed during Durant's freshman season that Beasley would be better than him...I don't even know if I was being entirely serious or if I meant college or NBA....but this guy is at least playing like another Durant right now.

I will say right now as an NBA player I do like him better. He plays inside more and thus won't go through as many horrible shooting nights to start his career which most likely will be next season.

I might have to put him above Rose as the best prospect in the world soon.

loot
11-18-2007, 06:36 PM
rose, gordon, mayo, beasley... looks like a fine draft.

thenextgreatbigman
11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
and we don't owe the bulls any more picks :rockon:

loot
11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
look for those picks going to the sonics, bobcats, blazers and hawks lol

i seen hippos
11-18-2007, 06:46 PM
look for those picks going to the sonics, bobcats, blazers and hawks lol

If the Sonics got the #1 pick, I'd hope they would pick Beasley (if they do plan on playing Durant at the 2). He's 235 and will only gain weight so he can play pf at 6'9" (especially if they play up tempo).

Having a lineup featuring:

pg: ?
sg: Durant
sf: Green
pf: Beasley
c: Wilcox

Would be crazy with time to grow. Yes, Drafting Rose to run the point would be swell, but I like the size on this potential team.

loot
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
If the Sonics got the #1 pick, I'd hope they would pick Beasley (if they do plan on playing Durant at the 2). He's 235 and will only gain weight so he can play pf at 6'9" (especially if they play up tempo).

Having a lineup featuring:

pg: ?
sg: Durant
sf: Green
pf: Beasley
c: Wilcox

Would be crazy with time to grow. Yes, Drafting Rose to run the point would be swell, but I like the size on this potential team.

i wouldnt want wilcox to be my c

new noise
11-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Despite the kid's apparent sh*tty attitude, his mix of size, strength, shooting, rebounding etc makes him the #1 pick if he continues playing even half as well this year.

I do worry that he won't get the coaching and discipline he needs this year, like he would have if Huggins had stayed at K-State.

Hawker
Man...I wish Kansas State was coming to Texas A&M when we play them but they arent. I was really looking forward to this future NBA star play. I will have to settle to watching DeAndre Jordan every game which isnt bad.

i seen hippos
i wouldnt want wilcox to be my c

I wouldn't want Wilcox starting on a good team period....but there's nothing else right now unless Petro or UWC step up.

The pg situation is much more of a question, hence me leaving it blank.

BigTicket
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Wonder if this is the sickest start any college player has ever had.

Game 1: 31/24/4/2/4 on 60%FG
Game 2: 30/14/3/1/0 on 63%FG
Game 3: 28/22/2/2/1 on 63%FG

Doesn't get much better than that, even if it has been against crappy teams. Seems like he could easily end up averaging over 20/10 in his rookie year.

loot
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
uwc? unidentified white chap?

i think collison is a fine starter. good defender. can hit the midrange shot and has post moves.

luc longley and oberto aren't all that either.

GOBB
11-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok now that u posted stats post the teams he played against.

i seen hippos
11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
uwc? unidentified white chap?

i think collison is a fine starter. good defender. can hit the midrange shot and has post moves.

luc longley and oberto aren't all that either.

Ugly White Creature actually. I forgot about Collison. He's serviceable I guess.

Ok now that u posted stats post the teams he played against.

The sames teams Durant started out playing and didn't average 30/20?:confusedshrug:

ShamRockStar
11-18-2007, 07:07 PM
He is beasting it, plus there is Roy Hibbert, Kevin Love, Kosta Koufas, Brandon Costner, etc.

And, My Favorite of them all and I would like to see him drafted by the Timberwolves.

Serge Ibaka

turned 18 in september
playing pro ball in Spain but entering the draft is confirmed pretty much, he is from the Congo.

6'10" 225lbs

his vertical could not be tested at Reebock europe, maxed the machine out

First funamentally sound African bigman prospect, he has 3 pt range, a sick help shotblocker, he even keeps the ball up after getting it and rebounds and puts it up, I think he is going to be sick. A great tandem with Jefferson, compliment eachother well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMP7pn6VNYQ

SomeBunghole
11-18-2007, 07:09 PM
and we don't owe the bulls any more picks :rockon:

Watch that pick somehow be used to get someone to take on Marbury. :D

WoGiTaLiA1
11-18-2007, 07:31 PM
First funamentally sound African bigman prospect,

Hakeem was pretty fundamentally sound to me.

wang4three
11-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Even though it's against weak competition, it's still sick.

PK3434
11-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Yeah. But that is just the freshmen class. There are other good players that are upperclassmen as well.

monthh
11-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Michael Beasley is really nice, but JJ Hickson is not going to bad either. Hickson may not get the hype, but as far as college basketball, they are both going to be great players.

saKf
11-18-2007, 10:58 PM
He is beasting it, plus there is Roy Hibbert, Kevin Love, Kosta Koufas, Brandon Costner, etc.

And, My Favorite of them all and I would like to see him drafted by the Timberwolves.

Serge Ibaka

turned 18 in september
playing pro ball in Spain but entering the draft is confirmed pretty much, he is from the Congo.

6'10" 225lbs

his vertical could not be tested at Reebock europe, maxed the machine out

First funamentally sound African bigman prospect, he has 3 pt range, a sick help shotblocker, he even keeps the ball up after getting it and rebounds and puts it up, I think he is going to be sick. A great tandem with Jefferson, compliment eachother well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMP7pn6VNYQ
I watched a good portion of the mix (not all of it), but very little of what he's doing in that mix seems like anything to be excited about. Most of it consists of plays that are made by just plain being physically superior to one's competition.

ShamRockStar
11-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Hakeem was pretty fundamentally sound to me.

Not as an 18 year old coming out of africa

Lebron23
11-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I believe the hype

Beasley is a 6'9" SF that is a better scorer, defender and rebounder than Kevin Durant. He is also one of the most explosive dunker during his high school days.

WoGiTaLiA1
11-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Not as an 18 year old coming out of africa

Yeah because his footwork and hands just magically appeared when he entered the NBA. Guy put up 8 and 6 in 18 minutes as a freshman. He had more fundamental skills as a freshman than 99% of the centers in the NBA right now do. Oh... and please, any center who has wasted time learning to shoot 3's is not going to have better fundamentals than Hakeem, hell I would bet Mutombo was more fundamentally sound also.

Diop, Yinka Dare and Luol Deng all had pretty damn good fundamentals at that sort of age as well. Hell Yinka might be the best 18 year old African there is.

So next time you want to make a comment don't make one that is so outrageous. Say he is an African with good fundamentals, don't say he is the first tall african with any fundamentals because that is just not true.

dannywpt
04-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I believe the hype

You posted so much gold in 2007

riseagainst
04-01-2014, 02:15 PM
You posted so much gold in 2007

that was also when he was a Cleveland fan.

russwest0
04-01-2014, 02:17 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: LeBron23 foresaw the greatness of Durant and was already scared shitless of him even as a ROOK :lol

imdaman99
04-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Westbrook the best of that draft :rockon:

Im so nba'd out
04-01-2014, 02:33 PM
I believe the hype

Beasley is a 6'9" SF that is a better scorer, defender and rebounder than Kevin Durant. He is also one of the most explosive dunker during his high school days.
http://www.troll.me/images/grinning-emperor-palpatine/let-the-hate-flow-through-you.jpg

Basketbolero
04-01-2014, 03:14 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: LeBron23 foresaw the greatness of Durant and was already scared shitless of him even as a ROOK :lol
:roll: