PDA

View Full Version : The best PG in 5 years....

Nowitzki41MFFL
07-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Devin Harris

Book It

wang4three
07-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Stephon Marbury

Dick Biggly
07-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Darryl Armstrong.

i seen hippos
07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
chris paul or chris paul.

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Listen.

Devin Harris sucks balls.

Are we clear?

He sucks balls now. In a couple years, if everything goes as planned, he will go from sucking balls to being an Antonio Daniels clone. Good player. But best PG in the league? No. Probably not the best PG on his team.

The best PG in the game in 5 years will be Chris Paul unless Gilbert gets a killer supporting cast and becomes more of a pure PG type. That is assuming some prodigy doesn't come around in the draft from now till then.

i seen hippos
07-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Junior Cadougan

yo, i keep on trying to find out how he's doing in the ATL, but i can't find any athletic sites or anything.

is he still on pace to becoming the greatest canadians bballer ever?

wang4three
07-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Lucious Harris is better.

Nowitzki41MFFL
07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Listen.

Are we clear?

He sucks balls now. In a couple years, if everything goes as planned, he will go from sucking balls to being an Antonio Daniels clone. Good player. But best PG in the league? No. Probably not the best PG on his team.

The best PG in the game in 5 years will be Chris Paul unless Gilbert gets a killer supporting cast and becomes more of a pure PG type. That is assuming some prodigy doesn't come around in the draft from now till then.

You sir are a moron, He doesnt suck, he is just inconsistent like alot of young players. If Dallas didnt have Devin Harris then Dallas doesnt beat the Spurs. He is one of the fast players in the league and has major hops. Once he can hit the 15 footer with consistency he will be dynamite. He is only 23 years old.

hateraid
07-26-2006, 01:49 PM
OJ Mayo.

GothamKnight
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Paul or Livingston

Cavs2007Champs
07-26-2006, 01:56 PM
I was thinking OJ Mayo possibly, but I think he's going to be more of a 2 guard, but now I'd go with Chris Paul, and maybe Marcus Williams if he learns from J Kidd in a really good way.

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 01:57 PM
He is only 23 years old.
thats old. Gilbert Arenas was 23 last year. 10/3 in 23 minutes. At age 23. He's still on the outside looking in at being Antonio Daniels. in his prime, I'd look forward to 16/6. What, is he gonna zoom up to 20/9 in his mid-twenties? Best PG in the league? Please. He might not even be a top 10 player in that mediocre draft.

huppcap
07-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Stephon Marbury

Is this a joke? Are you kidding me? He's already peaked. In 5 years Marbury will be lucky to still be a starter. He could be out of the league by then. He's not even the best PG now. I would certainly not want him running my team.

Based on the young players in the NBA now I would say Chris Paul. I don't think he is the flashiest but he gets it done.

wang4three
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
What are you talking about? Stephon Marbury has another 10 years of greatness in him.

theinfamousmobb
07-26-2006, 02:06 PM
CP3, end thread.

Nowitzki41MFFL
07-26-2006, 02:08 PM
thats old. Gilbert Arenas was 23 last year. 10/3 in 23 minutes. At age 23. He's still on the outside looking in at being Antonio Daniels. in his prime, I'd look forward to 16/6. What, is he gonna zoom up to 20/9 in his mid-twenties? Best PG in the league? Please. He might not even be a top 10 player in that mediocre draft.

LMFAO @ 23 BEING OLD... WHAT AN.... IDIOT

huppcap
07-26-2006, 02:10 PM
What are you talking about? Stephon Marbury has another 10 years of greatness in him.

Maybe 10 more years of whininess and selfishness.

wang4three
07-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Maybe 10 more years of whininess and selfishness.

He can do that all he wants as long as he's the best PG in the league.

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 02:11 PM
By the way more info about Antonio Dan-- er, I mean Devin Harris.

1. He has only reached double digit assists once in his career.
2. He only attempted 21 threes last season, making 5. The year before, despite less minutes, he shot over 100 and hit 34%. what happened?
3. Everyone says he exploded in the playoffs... yet he was below his season average in every single statistical category. Although he did shoot 48% from the field (which is easy to do when you get so many breakaway layups and don't have the balls to take a jumpshot).
4. He averaged 13/2/2 in the conference semifinals in 32 mpg, which people call his breakout performance. Really? That looks below average to me for the amount of minutes he got. And considering that's the best stretch of games he had all season, and considering he averaged approximately jack.squatppg for the rest of the playoffs, I don't see the big deal.

16ppg for this guy in his prime. With good defense. And few turnovers. I'll give him that. But he's not creative in any way, he has little court awareness, and not much of a jumpshot. Best PG in the league for a player like that is completely unreasonable.

huppcap
07-26-2006, 02:13 PM
He can do that all he wants as long as he's the best PG in the league.

How do you define best PG?

A guy that cannot make players around him better, criticizes teammates and drives his team down in the standings?

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
LMFAO @ 23 BEING OLD... WHAT AN.... IDIOT
It's old to the point where you can't point at a player making about zero contribution whatsoever, but excuse it with his age, if he's 23. If he's 19, you're allowed to say "oh, yeah, he doesn't score a lot of points, or distribute or hit a wide open jumper, but its ok because he's 19." You're allowed that. But this guy played 4 years in college, and in his second year still can't stick a wide open jumper, create for a teammate, or even hit layups consistently (and his FTs suck too). He's 23! He's supposed to be nearing his prime, and he's barely got the basics down. He hasn't got the basics down at all. He still looks jittery and nervous and scared whenever he has the ball. You're supposed to be beyond that by age 20 or the middle of your rookie year. This guy spent 4 years in a good college program and, point blank, he's just not translating well to the L. You can't use age as an excuse because practically half of the top 10 players in the league are his age or younger.

Nowitzki41MFFL
07-26-2006, 02:16 PM
It's old to the point where you can't point at a player making about zero contribution whatsoever, but excuse it with his age, if he's 23. If he's 19, you're allowed to say "oh, yeah, he doesn't score a lot of points, or distribute or hit a wide open jumper, but its ok because he's 19." You're allowed that. But this guy played 4 years in college, and in his second year still can't stick a wide open jumper, create for a teammate, or even hit layups consistently (and his FTs suck too). He's 23! He's supposed to be nearing his prime, and he's barely got the basics down. He hasn't got the basics down at all. He still looks jittery and nervous and scared whenever he has the ball. You're supposed to be beyond that by age 20 or the middle of your rookie year. This guy spent 4 years in a good college program and, point blank, he's just not translating well to the L. You can't use age as an excuse because practically half of the top 10 players in the league are his age or younger.

Uhm your prime is between 26 or 27 to 32 or 33 bozo

He played 3 years in College

He never got consistent minutes his first season

wang4three
07-26-2006, 02:17 PM
How do you define best PG?

A guy that cannot make players around him better, criticizes teammates and drives his team down in the standings?

Come on dude. Seriously, you haven't picked up on my ruse yet? Seriously man, I have a Nets' avatar with Jason Kidd standing in front. Why the hell would I be propping Marbury up? Come on, man.

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Uhm your prime is between 26 or 27 to 32 or 33 bozo
Can you really deny that after all the experience he's had, with "3" years in college, and 2 years in the L, he should still be beyond being nervous whenever he has the ball in his hands, choking on wide open jumpshots, not finishing layups, and blowing other routine opportunities? By 23 years old, even if you're not in your prime, you should be a functioning member of a team, which Harris isn't. How much better do players really get after age 23? Because Harris has a long way to go before he's starter quality, much less best PG in the league.

Nowitzki41MFFL
07-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Can you really deny that after all the experience he's had, with "3" years in college, and 2 years in the L, he should still be beyond being nervous whenever he has the ball in his hands, choking on wide open jumpshots, not finishing layups, and blowing other routine opportunities? By 23 years old, even if you're not in your prime, you should be a functioning member of a team, which Harris isn't. How much better do players really get after age 23? Because Harris has a long way to go before he's starter quality, much less best PG in the league.

:stupid: :stupid:
Yea I gues torching the defending world champs isnt being a funtional member of a team :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 02:28 PM
He didn't torch them. 13/2/2 in 32 minutes per game isn't torching. It's actually pretty damn bad. I mean, just looking at the numbers. Considering he's a scorer first and foremost. If you really think 13ppg is "torching" then you are clearly lying to yourself about how good you think Devin Harris is going to be.

You want to know what "torching" is? Gilbert Arenas, one of dozens of point guards who are better than Devin Harris and always will be, at age 23, dropped 43 points on the National Champs without missing a single shot inside the arc on national TV. Blew them out, 5th game of the season. That is "torching." 13 ppg in 32 minutes per game is average AT BEST. And if you actually watched the games you'd know that a lot of those points were just breakaways. Sorry but the best PG in the league has to do more than straightaway dominant-hand drives to the basket in a halfcourt set / fastbreak.

Nowitzki41MFFL
07-26-2006, 02:29 PM
He didn't torch them. 13/2/2 in 32 minutes per game isn't torching. It's actually pretty damn bad. I mean, just looking at the numbers. Considering he's a scorer first and foremost. If you really think 13ppg is "torching" then you are clearly lying to yourself about how good you think Devin Harris is going to be.

You want to know what "torching" is? Gilbert Arenas, one of dozens of point guards who are better than Devin Harris and always will be, at age 23, dropped 43 points on the National Champs without missing a single shot inside the arc on national TV. Blew them out, 5th game of the season. That is "torching." 13 ppg in 32 minutes per game is average AT BEST. And if you actually watched the games you'd know that a lot of those points were just breakaways. Sorry but the best PG in the league has to do more than straightaway dominant-hand drives to the basket in a halfcourt set / fastbreak.

Stop look at pure numbers bozo, Devin Harris helped speed up the tempo and that was a huge part of beating the Spurs.

raiderfan19
07-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I love devin, he still has alot of potential and I wish the mavs would start him But he isnt the answer to this question. This is chris paul and him only if its a guy already in the nba. It might be mayo but im never gonna say a guy in hs is automatically gonna be the best in the nba in five years but as for now, paul is the clear front runner for this position.

As for devin and his nerves, that has alot to do with the HORRIBLE coaching job that he has had to deal with. For whatever reason, both coaches have had EXTREMELY tight leashes on him. Nelly was just pissed that nash was gone and devin wasnt him so he took it out on devin. Avery, well i just dont know. He loves stack who screws up all the time and yet he sits devin the first time devin does anything wrong. I really wish the mavs would just let him play through some things because you can count the number of games that he has changed in a negative way on one hand for the past year. As for him not being able to finish, he can finish. For all the talk about him not being able to shoot or finish, i find it hard to believe that he shot 46% this year.

theinfamousmobb
07-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Devin Harris will be slightly above average at best, nothing special.

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 02:35 PM
So you admit that all this guy did was run and hit layups.

So are you going to admit that you were wrong and Devin Harris is a one-dimensional player who is never going to be the best PG in basketball? When, at 23 years old, his only contribution to the team is to come in, off the bench, and change the tempo of the game? Do you know what kind of player does that? A sixth man. Bobby Jackson, Speed Claxton. Guys like that, they come in off the bench and provide a spark.

Look I'm not saying that isn't valuable. I'm saying that's the type of player Harris is, and that's the type of player he'll always be. And when you can't pass, or shoot, or be confident in yourself, and all you can do is run really fast and play really good defense, that you're going to be a sixth man of the year Antonio Daniels clone and NOT the best PG in the league.

I mean seriously where do you think the Daniels comparison comes from? "helped speed up the tempo" off the bench. Straightforward slashing and good defense, and absolutely nothing else. That's what Daniels does! That's not what Nash and Kidd and Stockton do. If you'd edit your topic to say "Best sixth man in 5 years" you'd be right. Best PG? Don't be a retard.

huppcap
07-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Come on dude. Seriously, you haven't picked up on my ruse yet? Seriously man, I have a Nets' avatar with Jason Kidd standing in front. Why the hell would I be propping Marbury up? Come on, man.

Sometimes it is difficult to pick up. Marbury once was a Net so maybe you could still have love for him. Some people have far off opinions in here that are serious.:confusedshrug:

JohnnyBravo5
07-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Jose Juan Barea

LiL Stevie
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Devin Harris will be decent once he starts to get consistant but in terms of point guard play, he's not a good passer. Like GeeWiz said, Harris has only proven to be an energy spark who is a good defender and will run/slash to the basket thus far in his career. Chris Paul and Deron Williams will be better point guards in five years.

ZHAKIDD532
07-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Chris Paul will be the best once we see a real drastic decline from JKidd and Nash. Kidd is obviously not what he once was, but is still a high caliber point guard. Devin Harris will probably be up there, with Felton, D. Williams, Hinrich, Jameer Nelson, TJ Ford, Marcus Williams, Tony Parker, and Shaun Livingson. There are plenty of good young PG...

boshraptor4life
07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Chris Paul, Ray Felton, Shaun Livingston (If he stays healthy, gets playing time, and actually devellops) and possible OJ Mayo according to all the hype.

Y2Gezee
07-26-2006, 03:01 PM
TJ Ford IMO.

I want to see another year from Paul, before I declare his "greatness". I honestly didn't see but one game from him.

I think Harris can be as good as Tony Parker, who is also going to get better as he's still young. Don't know why people are down on him.

Livingston may be the most talented of the group, but he's got to stay on the floor and get stronger.

NBAfan32
07-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Chris Paul.

joe lucky
07-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Shaun Livingston. Eventually the kid will put some weight on and become the versatile dominant athletic freak everyone says he could be. Once he gets the physical attributes the rest of his game will shine (i.e. excellent court vision and passing). Clippers also have the talent core over the next 5 years to surround Shaun plus Cassell will be retiring after 1-2 years barring injury.

GothamKnight
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
oh forgot about TJ Ford

top 5 PGs in 5 years will be:

Chris Paul
Shaun Livingston
TJ Ford
Deron Williams
and the fifth who knows

Y2Gezee
07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Cassell said last year he'd sit behind Shaun and be a spark off the bench. I actually think that would be best. As Livingston is more of a pure pg and ready to set guys up. While Cassell is a guy that can come off the bench and be a gunner. They have enough scorers they can start, plus he's better defensively

Y2Gezee
07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Cassell said last year he'd sit behind Shaun and be a spark off the bench. I actually think that would be best. As Livingston is more of a pure pg and ready to set guys up. While Cassell is a guy that can come off the bench and be a gunner. They have enough scorers they can start, plus he's better defensively

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Where did this myth that Shaun Livingston is an "athletic freak" come about?

He's a guy with good mobility, good handle on the ball, great length and great court vision. Now if only he had court presence, confidence, or any semblance of a jumpshot or finishing ability, we could talk about best PG in the league. Will he get these things? Maybe. But my point remains: what is "freakishly" athletic about the guy? He doesn't get up, he isn't terribly fast, and of course we know he isn't strong. He has really good lateral movement, though. But so does Kirk Hinrich; nobody's calling Captain Kirk an athletic freak.

allball
07-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I'll take Chris Paul for 200 please.

Y2Gezee
07-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't know about freakish athleticism either, but he's a great talent. I think his midrange shot is developing very very nicely. He is very quick and can guard his pg position very well. good rebounder, passer, great handles.

Once they let him develop on the court and become a true pro, he can be a top 15 player soon.,

IlliniFan
07-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Best PG in 5 years = Deron Williams

geeWiz15
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Best PG in 5 years = Deron Williams
thanks for your unbiased contribution...

xxxSuperStar
07-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Why isn't anybody mentioning Telfair in this argument? :D

allball
07-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Why isn't anybody mentioning Telfair in this argument? :D

They said best in the NBA not the Rucker league which is where he'll be in 5 years.

Da KO King
07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
In 5 years the Best young PG will be Raymond Felton.

Zombles
07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Chris Paul and he brooks neither rival nor contradiction.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Anyone running Dantoni's offense.

StabMasterArson
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Kirk Hinrich

Inspector Rick
07-26-2006, 05:48 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Kirk Hinrich
3. Shaun Livingston

Greg Anthony
07-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Sebastian Telfair or Shaun Livingston

best young pure point guards.

Legend
07-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Shannon Brown.:roll:

playing with LeBron will elevate his game.

Celts34
07-26-2006, 08:52 PM
How will Devin Harris be the best point guard in the league, when he won't even be the best point guard on his team. Devin Harris is a scoring point, and that being the case he's got a ways to go to catch up with Jason Terry.

Legend
07-26-2006, 08:58 PM
How will Devin Harris be the best point guard in the league, when he won't even be the best point guard on his team.

very true.

Devin Harris sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!:violin:

:wtf: Best pg in d league:banghead:

bracer028
07-26-2006, 08:59 PM
i think its going to be kirk hinrich

vangrady
07-27-2006, 12:42 AM
I will be shocked if Gibert Arenas doesn't dominate the PG position in 5 years,he is only 29 then.

UCLAlegend32
07-27-2006, 01:33 AM
kelvin kim from ucla this kid is a straight out baller. never seen anyone at his level. he has a amazing IQ for the game. hes probly smarter than all the pgs in the nba combined. your gonna start hearing his name in march of next year just wait.

Sneakerpro
07-27-2006, 02:02 AM
Listen.

Are we clear?

This is just stupid. Devin Harris last year was better than Antonio Daniels has ever been in his career.

phatshady_c4
07-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Either Chris Paul, Shaun Livingston or Kirk Hinrich, unless some college kid is awesome and gets drafted of someone has an extremely breakout season. L will be deep though, with Ridnour, Nelson, Ford, Vujacic, Head, Williams, Robinson, Felton, Arenas...

of the 3, it also depends on who improves their game the most. Paul is a better leader/tougher, Livingston is a better passer/athlete and Hinrich is a better shooter/defender, so we will see who improves the other facets of their game, as well as who gets traded/teams change/variables like that. For now I have my money on CP3, until I get drafted lol.

Iskrah
07-27-2006, 08:50 AM
The thread is full of crappy players mentioned... And now we're down to the likes of Vujacic and Head? That must be a joke.

How come nobody talks about Tony Parker?

Dr. Pimpski
07-27-2006, 08:55 AM
If every GM got to pick his pg with the goal of winning the championship in exactly 5 years, there's a chance that every single GM would take Chris Paul. It's more likely than not that Nash and Kidd will be out of the league or close to it at that point, and I don't see why anybody would pick one of the guys like TJ, Livingston, and Harris who need to develop new skills in order to live up to their potential. These guys have been playing ball their entire life and can't shoot yet.

Teams led by pg's never win it all anyway, so the really pertinent question is "which pg would best compliment Lebron/Dirk/Wade/Kobe/Howard/whoever else you think will be contending in five years."

Skywalker
07-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Randy Foye will be good if you count him as a point guard. Which I hope you don't because then you'd look dumb for not mentioning him.

IMO in 5 years it'll be like:
1. Raymond Felton- I think he will surpass Paul because of all the talent around him. His team will likely be a contender in 5 years. Especially if they add another lotto pick this year.

2. Chris Paul- He's Chris Paul. He's already proved he's the best young PG right now.

3. Kirk Hinrich- Best defender of the group. With some young guys around him, he could become really good. Doesn't seem like a guy that will put up big stats and wow everyone though, even though that shouldn't matter.

4. Deron Williams- Because I like the Jazz. And he's unquestionably talented.

5. Dominic James- Out of Marquette. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If every GM got to pick his pg with the goal of winning the championship in exactly 5 years, there's a chance that every single GM would take Chris Paul. It's more likely than not that Nash and Kidd will be out of the league or close to it at that point, and I don't see why anybody would pick one of the guys like TJ, Livingston, and Harris who need to develop new skills in order to live up to their potential. These guys have been playing ball their entire life and can't shoot yet.

Teams led by pg's never win it all anyway, so the really pertinent question is "which pg would best compliment Lebron/Dirk/Wade/Kobe/Howard/whoever else you think will be contending in five years."

I'd bet atleast a couple would take Felton, or Hinrich.

Lei
07-27-2006, 09:42 AM

i agree with the unaminous selection of chris paul by all managers, but he IS one and probably the only one young pg who is able to carry his team to the championship level alone. look at his achivement last season, he almost singlehandedly brought the hornets, a team that had been widely regarded as hopeless for years, to the playoffs. Had he not gotten injured and experienced a few bumps the hornets would have been into the playoffs for sure. Moreover, he did all that as a rookie without even getting fully adjusted to the league, what he can do now is still nowhere near his limit, that's a very scary thing. I have no doubt he will at worst become the next jason kidd or steve nash.

RainierBeachPoet
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
shawn livingston believe it he is the real deal

SRZ66
05-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Randy Foye will be good if you count him as a point guard. Which I hope you don't because then you'd look dumb for not mentioning him.

IMO in 5 years it'll be like:
1. Raymond Felton- I think he will surpass Paul because of all the talent around him. His team will likely be a contender in 5 years. Especially if they add another lotto pick this year.

2. Chris Paul- He's Chris Paul. He's already proved he's the best young PG right now.

3. Kirk Hinrich- Best defender of the group. With some young guys around him, he could become really good. Doesn't seem like a guy that will put up big stats and wow everyone though, even though that shouldn't matter.

4. Deron Williams- Because I like the Jazz. And he's unquestionably talented.

5. Dominic James- Out of Marquette. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I'd bet atleast a couple would take Felton, or Hinrich.
lol

brandonislegend
05-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi My Name Is John Wall.

QuebecBaller
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Raymond Felton: :oldlol:

Dominic James: Who?

Fallguy20
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Excellent bump. I really enjoyed it. Kirk H as a top 5 was sooo long ago I almost forgot.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi My Name Is John Wall.

This thread has so much fail in it. Wall, CP3, Dwill, Rondo, Rose, Jennings, Curry, Holiday are going to be up there next season.

OJ Mayo is more of a combo guard just like Tyreke Evans, but he could see a lot of time at the PG for next season so i expect a lot of noise.

Nice bump the few that said Willams and Paul were right. The majority that said Harris, Felton, Kirk were wrong. The few that said OJ Mayo he isn't a PG. though he will be up there with the best in his prime.

Kiarip
05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Tyreke evans yo.

Nets fan 93
05-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Harris was in the East 2 seasons ago... that was only 3 yrs later though...

magnax1
05-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Jose Juan Barea
:roll:
Was JJ even in the NBA in 06?

KG215
05-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Anyone wanna throw out a top 5 for 5 years from now? 2015 isn't too far away.

CP3 and Deron Williams excluded, because they're already 1 and 1a IMO, there are some very obvious ones: Rondo, Westbrook, Rose, Jennings, Curry (if he's a true PG), Flynn, Lawson, George Hill, Wall, .

More than lkely Paul and Williams will still be 1 and 1a 5 years from now, but there is a lot of young potential waiting in the wings.

kmartshopper
05-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Curry

jackman
05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Can't go wrong with the athletic PG's.

Top 5 in no order now:
CP3, DWill, Nash, Rondo, Rose

Top 5 in no order 2015:
CP3, DWill, Rose, Westbrook, S.Curry

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-04-2010, 12:46 AM

Top 5 in no order now:

Top 5 in no order 2015:

Tony Wroten Jr says hi.

LA_Showtime
05-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Jordan Farmar or Shannon Brown. Those two have star potential all over them. I guarantee you one of them will be the next Isiah Thomas.

jackman
05-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Tony Wroten Jr says hi.

Whose that?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Whose that?

notice how in this thread, nobody mentions Rondo and Rose and they are well at least consensus Rondo is top 5. Rose is the the 5-7 range. That's because they were still in high school.

Tony Wroten Jr is just like that. right now he is 17, and going to be an upcoming senior next school year. #2 pg in the country. 6'4-6'5 206 lbs has an NBA Body. very flashy. Reminds me of a Left handed D-Wade, not as explosive but he way better court vision . He is going to be top 5 pick in 2012 draft. Top 5 Pg by 2014 book it.
http://hswashington.scout.com/a.z?s=230&p=8&c=1&nid=3508630

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu0_4uss6s0 thats him in the 10th grade

pahisc
05-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Wroten Jr doesn't seem too athletic...Kind of reminds me of Jrue Holiday, but that isn't a bad thing. Jrue seems to be doing well for the 76ers.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Wroten Jr doesn't seem too athletic...Kind of reminds me of Jrue Holiday, but that isn't a bad thing. Jrue seems to be doing well for the 76ers.

i like that comparison to me a holiday/wade mix. you have to remember he was 16 years old in all his clips on youtube. he hasn't even tapped into his athletic prime yet.

InspiredLebowski
05-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Holy shit, I remember when people thought TJ Ford was good.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-06-2014, 03:45 AM
Not really 5 years since the last bump, but op was bumped after 4 years and this is a little over 4 of the last one, so... Let's keep the tradition alive!

5 years from now, anyone?

JohnFreeman
08-06-2014, 03:46 AM
Jordan Farmar or Shannon Brown. Those two have star potential all over them. I guarantee you one of them will be the next Isiah Thomas.
:biggums:

RoundMoundOfReb
08-06-2014, 03:53 AM

Top 5 in no order now:

Top 5 in no order 2015:
Not bad actually...Only messed up on D-Will

L.A. Jazz
08-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Just the normal overrating of players with rings. not every good young player on a championship team will become a star. Just like Chalmers thought he is the best PG in the NBA 14 months ago. He is not and never will be. 2014/15 he has the chance to show if he even is a PG, because as long as LBJ was playing there he was theier PG. Chalmers and Cole were guards with little duty of running the offense.

Mrofir
08-06-2014, 04:09 AM
5 years from now in no particular order

Isiah Thomas, Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe, Tyler Ennis, Archie Goodwin