PDA

View Full Version : Laker Trade Rumors

lakerfreak
06-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Did you guys hear about the latest possible trade?

We would send lamar over to Chicago for Tyson Chandler and Chris Duhon and the second overall pick in return because lakers want brandon roy.

I thin Duhon and the Pick are good but we dont need another center. Unless of course we trade him for a pick...or a gaurd.

We should try and sign Marcus Banks. I think he can easily end up in a lakers uniform this season

hotsizzle
06-07-2006, 09:51 PM
this is would be the dumbest thing lakers could do. why get rid of odom now? wtf

lakerfreak
06-07-2006, 10:01 PM
this is would be the dumbest thing lakers could do. why get rid of odom now? wtf

I guess if it did God forbid happen, It is all about Brandon Roy.

They are only intersted in the Pick. But then again, Chris Duhon is a pretty good PG and he could be our starter and smush backin him up

hotsizzle
06-07-2006, 10:18 PM
I guess if it did God forbid happen, It is all about Brandon Roy.

They are only intersted in the Pick. But then again, Chris Duhon is a pretty good PG and he could be our starter and smush backin him up

odom provides many matchup problems and gives lakers an edge on that frontline with his versatility. besides, the core of that team (kobe/odom) is just starting to mesh and playin very well together. odom is understanding phil's system and this could be a big success. trading odom for an unproven roy and attempting to have a core of two guards is just plain dumb. if lakers are seriosly considering this, then they're doomed.

Unregistered
06-07-2006, 10:39 PM
This is total BS Chicago wouldnt give all that up for an underachiever!

lakerfreak
06-07-2006, 11:33 PM
This is total BS Chicago wouldnt give all that up for an underachiever!

This was a rumor on the www.insidehoops.com page.

Right now lakers are working out brandon roy and they have shown much interest in him over the past few weeks now

Unregistered
06-07-2006, 11:45 PM
the lakers need to get a team make over all they have consistent is kobe and odom is there one day and the next days its like hes on vacation the lakers need power players who go for the ball like chandler who hustles and not scared like odom who couldnt even take advantage of the match up against marion who out hustled the lakers like game 6 and roy is a up and comer who make some noise hopefully its all true and we get changes because bynum just stands there

lakerfreak
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
the lakers need to get a team make over all they have consistent is kobe and odom is there one day and the next days its like hes on vacation the lakers need power players who go for the ball like chandler who hustles and not scared like odom who couldnt even take advantage of the match up against marion who out hustled the lakers like game 6 and roy is a up and comer who make some noise hopefully its all true and we get changes because bynum just stands there

Bynum is only 18 guys...Don't expect much of him...for cryin out loud i am older than him and i would have sooo much butterflies if i played in the NBA.

He showed flashes of his Potential Dunking on shaq and then taunting him with elbow. Then in a full 12 minute fourth Quarter, Bynum had a 7/7 performance for 16 points altogether.

So this means he can play in the NBA..doesnt necessarily means he can be a star but I am hopeful that one day he will give us a contribution that was once given to us By kareem, Shaq, Chaimberlain....who knows, Maybe Bynum will be on that list

hotsizzle
06-08-2006, 12:44 AM

i think every bad thing you said there about odom was not there in the playoffs and toward the end of the reg season. hustlin for the ball? remind me again, who jumped to the ground and got controll of the ball and passed to kobe for a dunk over nash. who was it that while on the ground, made a pass in between someones legs for a kobe slam...yea, it was odom. who repeatedly abused marion in the playoffs on both ends. sure marion got an advantage here and there, but odom showed up everyday, excpet maybe for game 7 where no laker showed up. whos the facilitator of the trianlge offense? odom. who is the power forward that causes matchup problems for frontlines with his versatlity? odom. who leads the team in assists and rebounds...lamar odom. bottom line, odom's versatility aligned with kobe can be deadly if given time. and it was proven at the end of the season and the playoffs, we seen a completely different team. it was too bad that inexperience and youth caught up with them...but it was a sign of good things to come so why break it up over an overpaid chandler and a rookin in roy. nah thanks.

BeckDiggLer
06-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Two trades are in the works:

1-Chicago's 16 th pick and Duhon for Mihm (the Lakers are shopping him hard)

and

2-Bynum and the Lakers #1 to Atlanta for the 5th pick (Roy)

lakerfreak
06-08-2006, 01:26 PM

and

Where did you hear about this one?

Patches O'Houlihan
06-08-2006, 01:37 PM
That Mihm trade might actually be good.

traditionone
06-08-2006, 02:31 PM

and

The Lakers will have to add another player in order for that first trade to work. Throw in Smush Parker, who is a good cheap backup point, and that may work. However, what good would getting the 16th pick do unless a good swingman falls through the cracks like last year.

The only way I see the Lakers trading Bynum is if they believe that Kwame is their center of the future. I think it's too soon to trade Bynum. Kwame is a really good defender and rebounder already. His offensive game and his patience needs to get better.

lakerfreak
06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I think that Smush deserves another chance at playing more mins. He was a pretty good pickup last year.

He is a good dunker, Shooter (when his confidence level is high)

He averaged 11 ppg for the whole season and had pretty good games. He can play in the NBA.

Andrew needs time also. I keep saying he showed glimpses of his future with the Dunk on shaq and the 17 point performance vs. new York.

I think he can be great, but like Kwame, he needs to catch better.

Twiens
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Some of you guys seriously overrate Odom. Chandler, Roy and Duhon for Odom? All 3 of them would probably be starters if that trade went down.

Patches O'Houlihan
06-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Yea, Odom is great, but not enough for those three.

lakerfreak
06-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Some of you guys seriously overrate Odom. Chandler, Roy and Duhon for Odom? All 3 of them would probably be starters if that trade went down.

Let me remind you that chandler in the playoffs averaged a total of 1.8 ppg and his rebounds went down like there was no tomorrow in the playoffs.

Chris Duhon is still really young but is becoming a great point gaurd.

the draft this year is so weak in depth its not even funny. This years first pick was probably just as good as the 25th pick in the Lebron and carmelo Draft.

BeckDiggLer
06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Where did you hear about this one?

It came out of Orlando on tuesday, The Lakers feel the Offense runs better with Kwame in the game than Mihm and they feel Duhon will solve the PG issues. The Hawks trading down for Bynam seems like a stupid azz move by the Hawks, so it would be consistent with all their other moves.

lakerfreak
06-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh gotcha!

:D

LakerFan1086
06-09-2006, 01:16 AM
I really like the mihm trade. Duhon is pretty underated because of so many young talented players in the bulls organization. But by trading mihm for duhon and the 16th pick, they could have a lot of peices to work with. Duhon is a smart point guard, with 3-point range and pretty solid defensively which is basiclly what we need from our point guard. With the 16th pick and the 25th pick could also help us move up and maybe be able to pick up Roy which i hear the lakers are quite fond of.
However, with duhon and Roy it could be the end of smush as a laker.

lakerfreak
06-09-2006, 01:26 AM
I really like the mihm trade. Duhon is pretty underated because of so many young talented players in the bulls organization. But by trading mihm for duhon and the 16th pick, they could have a lot of peices to work with. Duhon is a smart point guard, with 3-point range and pretty solid defensively which is basiclly what we need from our point guard. With the 16th pick and the 25th pick could also help us move up and maybe be able to pick up Roy which i hear the lakers are quite fond of.

Or we could just get rid of wafer, Devin green, and Devean George isnt returning anyways.

Devean George needs a new thread...I will make one

traditionone
06-09-2006, 09:47 AM

The 16th pick and the 25th pick probably won't be enough to trade up high enough to get Brandon Roy and they won't have Mihm to include in a package. Mihm is their best trade asset. It they can get the 16th pick, I would hold onto it and target players like Shawne Williams and Quincy Douby.

Spiderman08 24
06-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Odom is overrated. I want him gone.

LakerFan1086
06-09-2006, 10:44 AM
your probably right about probably not being able to pick up brandon roy, but this draft class is going to be anything but normal. All the "experts" have completely different drafts. With the 16th pick we could take a whole bunch of different players that could turn out to be really good in the long run. Alot of the solid players could drop off alot this year. Jordan Farmar will proably be left by pick 16, sergio rodriguez, rajon rondo, ect. regardless the trade could get us some solid players out of this draft, and get us a very smart point guard in Duhon.

traditionone
06-09-2006, 11:44 AM
your probably right about probably not being able to pick up brandon roy, but this draft class is going to be anything but normal. All the "experts" have completely different drafts. With the 16th pick we could take a whole bunch of different players that could turn out to be really good in the long run. Alot of the solid players could drop off alot this year. Jordan Farmar will proably be left by pick 16, sergio rodriguez, rajon rondo, ect. regardless the trade could get us some solid players out of this draft, and get us a very smart point guard in Duhon.

Duhon could start for the Lakers if they made this deal. They can help their depth with two first round picks. Duhon + Farmar, Rondo, or Douby would solve their point guard problems.

Patches O'Houlihan
06-09-2006, 12:54 PM
If they got the 16th it's possible Shelden Williams could slip. Or maybe not. Either way I think if they get the 16th and Duhon they should draft another big with 16th(Mihm is gone, only Kwame, Bynum, Turiaf as the bigs) and then draft a backup combo guard with the later pick.

traditionone
06-09-2006, 01:49 PM
If they got the 16th it's possible Shelden Williams could slip. Or maybe not. Either way I think if they get the 16th and Duhon they should draft another big with 16th(Mihm is gone, only Kwame, Bynum, Turiaf as the bigs) and then draft a backup combo guard with the later pick.

Patrick O'Bryant's rise up the draft charts is knocking Sheldon down. It is very possible he would be available at 16. If he is, the Lakers should take him. A proven low post scorer, defender, and rebounder in college. He's very much like Emeka Okafor. He has my respect, and I'm a UNC fan.

lakerfreak
06-09-2006, 04:07 PM
A LOT of you people are writing lakers have the 25th pick...they have the 26th people.

I was just lookin through the roster and realized we still have a PF that doesnt play Defense or rebound very well. That would be Brian Cook.

If we end up drafting shelden williams by trading higher then we would have 2 Beasts down Low for the PF pos.

Not to mention that turiaf and Shelden have both played center before. They can do the Job.

If we get the 16th pick and keep our 26th we could also end up drafting farmar. That right there is a double Bonus in the draft.

The Triangle offense doesnt require great Bigs anyways. u need smart gaurds and defensive minded centers.

and michael jordan = (kobe bryant)
:roll:

Unregistered
06-11-2006, 01:18 PM
You know the really funny thing ? I can direct you guys to another Laker message board where they actually say that the trade is Odom & Mihm..( A player the Lakers have no intention of re-signing next year when he becomes a free agent )...to the Bulls for..Gordon,,Deng,,Sweetney,, Duhan AND the # 2 pick in the draft.

And SOME there think that the Lakers would be giving up too much in that trade LOL!!

Laker fans...Dumb as hell, but you gotta love em :-)

traditionone
06-11-2006, 02:29 PM
The is a lot of smoke around the possibility of a trade between the Lakers and the Bulls involving Lamar Odom, a guy the Bulls really like. Where there's smoke, there's a fire and both teams may be discussing the possibilities of a deal.

Any deal that would send Odom to Chicago must include Ben Gordon, but if the Bulls are set on drafting Brandon Roy, that is okay from their point of view. Chris Duhon would have to be a part of the package as well. If the Lakers include Chris Mihm, the Bulls can counter with Tyson Chandler, Michael Sweetney, or one of their small forwards, Nocioni or Deng, depending on where Chicago wants to play Odom, at the 3 or the 4. Other players like Smush Parker and Brian Cook could be included. If the Lakers wants to trade Odom, Chicago is probably their best trading partner.

Patches O'Houlihan
06-11-2006, 02:55 PM
The is a lot of smoke around the possibility of a trade between the Lakers and the Bulls involving Lamar Odom, a guy the Bulls really like. Where there's smoke, there's a fire and both teams may be discussing the possibilities of a deal.

Any deal that would send Odom to Chicago must include Ben Gordon, but if the Bulls are set on drafting Brandon Roy, that is okay from their point of view. Chris Duhon would have to be a part of the package as well. If the Lakers include Chris Mihm, the Bulls can counter with Tyson Chandler, Michael Sweetney, or one of their small forwards, Nocioni or Deng, depending on where Chicago wants to play Odom, at the 3 or the 4. Other players like Smush Parker and Brian Cook could be included. If the Lakers wants to trade Odom, Chicago is probably their best trading partner.

So the Lakers trade Odom and don't get the pick in return. No thanks. Odom for Gordon and Duhon. That's ridiculous. The Lakers lose a ton of size and get a one dimensional player(Gordon) that plays the same position as Kobe in return.

hotsizzle
06-11-2006, 04:15 PM

why would they trade odom whos a versatile threat in the frontcourt for two guards?? they would have a sweet backcourt but then what?? nothing at all in the frontcourt

AKA AAP
06-11-2006, 04:48 PM
I would love to see Lamar stud Odom in a different team. He's only 26, so he's entering his prime years. I would hate for it to be wasted in a Laker uniform.

BeckDiggLer
06-11-2006, 04:59 PM
I don't think Odom is the one they are shopping, they are shopping Bynam (who Jackson wants to get rid of) and Mihm.

lakerfreak
06-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I would love to see Lamar stud Odom in a different team. He's only 26, so he's entering his prime years. I would hate for it to be wasted in a Laker uniform.

Hey man I think your in the wrong room.

Odom can play anywhere from the 1 to the 4.

I would keep him but he has to perform like he did in the playoffs for ever now.

except make more threes and free throws.

traditionone
06-12-2006, 11:10 AM
It would take more than two guards to complete an Odom trade. Two guards + Deng, Nocioni, or a big would be more intriguing.

I'm more along the lines of Odom and Mihm for Duhon, Gordon, and Chandler or Nocioni. That would give us 3 new starters and more depth. It can expand from there.

Lightemup43
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
There is no possible way that Paxson would make that trade, then again Paxson isn't exactly the smartest GM. Why would you give up 3 young solid kids for two duds. Odom has shown over and over again that he will never live up to his potential and mihm has no trade value. The bulls would be giving up Deng who is young and athletic and has tons of potential (when healthy) and Nocioni who is just tough and played awesome against the heat.

In your other trade you said Gorden, Duhon and Chandler. What sense does that make? You can get alot more for Gorden considering his age and his ability to score, mainly in the 4th quarter. Duhon just got a contract extention for his steller defense, his maturity and leadership and because he can run a team. Chandler is solid with his double double. A great rebounder, long and athletic. Those trades make no sense, I personally want to see the Bulls draft another big with the number 2 pick.

kobefan8
06-12-2006, 11:58 PM
a lot of you people say lakers won 2 times in a row they won 4 times in a row

lakerfreak
06-13-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm not exactly sure what's in the laker's front office talk right now but the last thing I heard was they don't plan on executing MAJOR trades because they wanna keep theyre Core group.

I say they look to get rid of our dissapointments (wafer, green, George) and add some better proven guys (Marcus, Profit, Rush)

lakerfreak
06-13-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm not exactly sure what's in the laker's front office talk right now but the last thing I heard was they don't plan on executing MAJOR trades because they wanna keep theyre Core group.

I say they look to get rid of our dissapointments (wafer, green, George) and add some better proven guys (Marcus, Profit, Rush)

jecee101
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
There is no possible way that Paxson would make that trade, then again Paxson isn't exactly the smartest GM. Why would you give up 3 young solid kids for two duds. Odom has shown over and over again that he will never live up to his potential and mihm has no trade value. The bulls would be giving up Deng who is young and athletic and has tons of potential (when healthy) and Nocioni who is just tough and played awesome against the heat.

In your other trade you said Gorden, Duhon and Chandler. What sense does that make? You can get alot more for Gorden considering his age and his ability to score, mainly in the 4th quarter. Duhon just got a contract extention for his steller defense, his maturity and leadership and because he can run a team. Chandler is solid with his double double. A great rebounder, long and athletic. Those trades make no sense, I personally want to see the Bulls draft another big with the number 2 pick.

i agree that odom has not lived up to his potential when he came out of rhode island, hes been inconsistent throughout his career but when hes on his game he can put up a triple double. mihm has trade value the guy has can play with his back to the basket and also hit a 15-18 ft jumper, the thing is he gets into foul trouble alot. he tries to block everything, which is pretty cool but you still have to play smart. these things they can improve on

now bulls i like duhon alot the clippers were stupid in getting lionel chalmers over chris duhon in the second round of the 04 draft. gordon needs to work on his defense...chandler sorry to say he aint solid and for what the bulls are paying for him he should be better than solid

jecee101
06-13-2006, 06:41 PM

add mckie to that list of dissappointments and i wouldnt give up on wafer yet i think he has potential

lakerfreak
06-13-2006, 06:49 PM
I totally agree about Mckie. Lakers need to forget about old guys that are a step away from retiring. (Vlade Divac, Aaron Mckie, Jim Jackson)

Jim jackson actually did ok so im not dissapointed in him but i doubt he will be coming back. but get rid of George, Green, Mckie, and Jim jackson.

I agree that Wafer has potential and i think his problem is he still gets butterflies during games. But he also struggled in D league shooting 38%.
he needs to shape up and work out with Kobe Bryant this season.

But anyways back to the point, get rid of the 4 I mentioned and we can sign our 3 main guys we like. Marcus Banks, Kareem Rush, and Laron Profit.
Sorry I know I said ths plenty of times but it we get those three our off season is already a success.

Don't forget there is also draft day. If we dont trade up we would either draft Jordan Farmar or the other guy yall like Quincy Douby.

$LakerGold
11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
yea...

lakerfreak
11-04-2011, 03:04 AM
I look at my posts from 5 years ago, I was 19 years old. Now I am 24. I feel like I've changed a lot in my outlook regarding basketball. These are fun to read.

LA.MJ&KB#1
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
^^^^Dude you went way back and thank God that trade didn't go down. It's ok to look back, thats called getting old:D

$LakerGold
11-30-2011, 11:20 AM
^^^^Dude you went way back and thank God that trade didn't go down. It's ok to look back, thats called getting old:D
But the obsession never changes :oldlol:

To WHOM IT MAY CONCERN - LOVE YOU BRO :oldlol:

Eat Like A Bosh
11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Getting Brandon Roy for the sole purpose of being Kobe's backup really isn't worth it...

DirtySanchez
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
The Lakers as is are still the best product we can hope for for a title IMO.

And when I say as is I am talking about a core of...

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Lamar

Keep those 4 and we are good.

lakerfreak
11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Getting Brandon Roy for the sole purpose of being Kobe's backup really isn't worth it...

His knee hurts every time he begins playing basketball. Meaning he couldn't even practice with the team. I wouldn't bank on it. Roy impressed many people and even Ron Artest said roy was the hardest player he ever had to guard. There is no doubt that if Roy had been healthy throughout his career, he would have received a lot of recognition, number retired...the full 9 yards. Even more amazing to note that Brandon Roy is Autistic, and is still one of the best perimeter players in the league...again, its just that knee man...I hate how life works sometimes.

DirtySanchez
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
His knee hurts every time he begins playing basketball. Meaning he couldn't even practice with the team. I wouldn't bank on it. Roy impressed many people and even Ron Artest said roy was the hardest player he ever had to guard. There is no doubt that if Roy had been healthy throughout his career, he would have received a lot of recognition, number retired...the full 9 yards. Even more amazing to note that Brandon Roy is Autistic, and is still one of the best perimeter players in the league...again, its just that knee man...I hate how life works sometimes.

Man I feel real bad for Roy.
Yeah his knee the guy is broken goods.
It is a huge gamble to get him even as a back up.

idizzle
12-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Reading that the Lakers were working out Rashad McCants yesterday.

idizzle
12-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Former lottery pick Rashad McCants showed up at the Lakers facility to work out before training camp officially began, seeking an invite. McCants told the Globe in an August interview that he would return to the NBA only if he could play with the Lakers and Kobe Bryant. Boston Globe

lakerfreak
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Former lottery pick Rashad McCants showed up at the Lakers facility to work out before training camp officially began, seeking an invite. McCants told the Globe in an August interview that he would return to the NBA only if he could play with the Lakers and Kobe Bryant. Boston Globe

Where has he been anyways?

idizzle
12-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Where has he been anyways?

D-League and his mom has been battling cancer.

David Brickley: Lakers Have Signed Gerald Green Twitter

$LakerGold
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Lakers are turning into a mess right now :facepalm

I bet this is because of Mike Brown... You dont mess around with a roster thats clearly built for the present..****in a!

talkingconch
12-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Are we seriously back in the Chris Paul discussion or is this leverage for the clippers. I hope it's not the latter..

All Net
12-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Are we seriously back in the Chris Paul discussion or is this leverage for the clippers. I hope it's not the latter..

I think it is sadly...

Purple Reign
12-14-2011, 09:11 AM
It's not a trade rumor, but would any of you take a flyer on Michael Redd? Very good shooter, but injury risk. Could be very serviceable off the bench (assuming Gerald Green doesn't shake out again).

DirtySanchez
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
So if the Lakers do not get Paul or Howard what then?

D-Rose
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Use the trade exception to pick up a bad contract for a decent player that at team would like to give up, such as Iggy.

LA.MJ&KB#1
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Well if we don't offer Bynum and Gasol for Howard then no deal.

And if we don't get Paul, then we are in trouble at the PG position.

Overall, we just move on and hope the new additions of McRobert and Jason Kapono makes a different.

LA.MJ&KB#1
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey, if the lakers wasn't going to get Howard or Paul, don't you think Kobe would have been heard. Just trust Mitch

magicmanfan
12-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Use the trade exception to pick up a bad contract for a decent player that at team would like to give up, such as Iggy.

What about using the TE for Jamal Crawford (1 year) ?

Have him back up Fish and Kobe.... or play Kobe at the 3 sometimes....

This gives Kapono someone to compete for minutes with, same for
Blake....

I really like the McRoberts signing, he can fill many of Lamar's minutes.

I think adding Crawford would add real firepower to our bench...

lakerfreak
12-14-2011, 06:04 PM
What about using the TE for Jamal Crawford (1 year) ?

Have him back up Fish and Kobe.... or play Kobe at the 3 sometimes....

This gives Kapono someone to compete for minutes with, same for
Blake....

I really like the McRoberts signing, he can fill many of Lamar's minutes.

I think adding Crawford would add real firepower to our bench...

The reason its called a trade exception is because you can only use this in a trade when salaries don't match. It is by no means any sort of cap room to sign free agents. That would defeat the purpose. Think about it this way, there is a certain balance of money all around the league, with a trade exception, you are not gaining or losing profit for the NBA, it is simply a shift of balance of money. Signing a free agent adds more money to be paid.

talkingconch
12-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Honestly anything short of getting Chris Paul OR Dwight Howard is a disappointment for me, considering we already lost lamar odom.

This sucks. Now I'm hearing Paul to Clippers is back on again. SMH I hope we can at least just get Dwight then. If not, then **** this season.

I know it sounds pessimistic as **** but I can't help but say

talkingconch
12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
yep, just lost chris ****ing paul now to the clippers

kkinchen
12-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Yeah. We lost Chris Paul and it doesn't look like we're getting Dwight. So I say lets sign Baron Davis and try to make a trade for Samuel Dalembert as our backup center, and maybe make a move for Iguodala.

Cut Fisher, Walton, Ratliff, and Joe Smith and I say that we have a pretty strong balanced team with really good depth.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah. We lost Chris Paul and it doesn't look like we're getting Dwight. So I say lets sign Baron Davis and try to make a trade for Samuel Dalembert as our backup center, and maybe make a move for Iguodala.

Cut Fisher, Walton, Ratliff, and Joe Smith and I say that we have a pretty strong balanced team with really good depth.

with what? we got nothing 0 assets..only pau and bynum are our trade chips now

bladefd
12-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Bit disappointed to see CP3 gone to the Clips.

I hope Mitch had some other plan from the beginning. Losing LO was a major blow IMO.. more about losing a major trade-chip than about gaining the trade exception..

I am not a big fan of a trade exception.. I'd rather have just done Odom for Marion 1for1 if possible. I think Marion would have been a perfect fit - or maybe even Butler sign-and-trade for LO. I am sure Butler would have agreed to that and so would the Mavs - could make the argument that it would be LO or gain nothing in return for Butler..

I felt it was a rash decision, but it's ok. What's done is done. It's time to look forward, and I am hoping Mitch is looking at another player that we have not even considered. I have trust in that man.. Remember... Who was even considering Pau trade to the Lakers?

talkingconch
12-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Honestly I would give Bynum and Pau for Dwight if it means looking ahead into the future.

lakerfreak
12-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Honestly I would give Bynum and Pau for Dwight if it means looking ahead into the future.

Are we looking to rebuild? If so then yes do the deal. Now ask yourself, does Dwight want to go to a rebuilding team? thats the other question.

talkingconch
12-15-2011, 05:23 AM
Are we looking to rebuild? If so then yes do the deal. Now ask yourself, does Dwight want to go to a rebuilding team? thats the other question.

With Dwight we set ourself up right now as well as the future when Kobe retires. Kobe is still gonna play ball for the next 2-3 years before hitting a serious decline (predicted).

I just don't see how we could stick with Gasol who is 31 years old, and Bynum who has a BIG question mark about staying healthy and completing an entire season without injuries. Gasol's value is good right now so waiting isnt a good thing (Dwight becomes a free agent next summer anyway and will have teams pursuing him). Also, to think that the LAKERS are the ones stepping away because Orlando will gladly take these two off our hands for Dwight Howard!

I'd give them up right now if it means getting the best center in the league, 3x DPOY who is 26 years old. The Lakers front office will sign role players to build around this Dwight/Kobe core as well as the signings we already did (McRoberts, Green?, etc) to make a championship team this season.

DirtySanchez
12-15-2011, 05:33 AM
I got o admit....in a way I'm more pisst about trading Lamar or nothing to the Mavs over the Stern veto.

CP3 goin to the Clips does sting only because he should of been with us.

And now Howard is staying put? And they want Gasol n Bynum for Howard?

At this point I don't know anymore......

bladefd
12-15-2011, 03:04 PM
TBH, I don't even know if they would agree for Gasol & Bynum for Dwight. They also WANT to include Hedo's deal no matter what. Money-wise, it works with Hedo & Dwight for Gasol & Bynum.

The other issue that comes into play is draft picks. Orlando would not be able to get the draft picks if they did LA/Orlando straight up.. Sure, Lakers can give multiple first round picks but what would they be worth? Maybe if it was 3-4 first round picks for the next 4-5 years, they would be worth a bit more..

DirtySanchez
12-16-2011, 03:03 AM
TBH, I don't even know if they would agree for Gasol & Bynum for Dwight. They also WANT to include Hedo's deal no matter what. Money-wise, it works with Hedo & Dwight for Gasol & Bynum.

The other issue that comes into play is draft picks. Orlando would not be able to get the draft picks if they did LA/Orlando straight up.. Sure, Lakers can give multiple first round picks but what would they be worth? Maybe if it was 3-4 first round picks for the next 4-5 years, they would be worth a bit more..
I read Bill Simmons Grantland and he said to trade Pau to Houston for the same package. Then trade Bynum Martin and TPE etc. for Howard.

Then u will have Kobe Scola Metta n Howard....