PDA

View Full Version : Dear Marvin Williams

GOBB
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I overrated you bigtime coming out of UNC. You actually didnt do anything amazing, or stand out as a freshman but you had the size, athletism and skills i figured would eventually pan out into a stud. Boy was I wrong...you're nowhere near a #2 overall pick. Lottery? Ok sure, how about the bottom just before you exit the lottery slots kind of player? Yeah, thats about right. They say the sky is the limit...whats your limit? Even Josh Smith looks more worthy of your draft slot than you do. But you sure do dominate the summer leagues. Too bad 95% of them dudes dont play in the NBA.

Peaceadamczyour biggest marvin supporter until 5mins ago

StroShow4
12-03-2007, 08:35 PM
what happened 5 minutes ago? i just turned the game on.

HardTattooedThug
12-03-2007, 08:51 PM
What "skills" did you see in him coming out of UNC? He thinks he's a shooter, but he can't consistantly make shots. He's got an ok handle but not enough quickness to get by people. Every time he tries to drive he gets called for charging.:oldlol:

Darsh
12-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Dear Marvin, I wrote but you still ain't ballin
I left my post, my location, and my join date at the bottom
I sent one letter in the NBA forum, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem with the bandswitch or somethin
Sometimes I scribble opinions too sloppy when I jot 'em
but anyways; f**k it, what's been up? Man how's your jumper?
My girlfriend's retarded too, I'm about to dump her
If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her?
I'ma name her Marvin
I read about your bust potential too I'm sorry
I had a friend kill himself over some fans who didn't want him
I know you probably hear this everyday, but I was your biggest fan
I even said you were good before i realised it was a scam
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures man
I like the sh*t you did with UNC too, that sh*t was fat
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan until 5 minutes ago
This is Gobb

Jasper
12-03-2007, 09:22 PM
The title is Upside

In this case this player needs to figure what upside means then 'goes gets it"

In this case this player hopes it majically happens or (B) before retirement.

:oldlol:

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I overrated you bigtime coming out of UNC. You actually didnt do anything amazing, or stand out as a freshman but you had the size, athletism and skills i figured would eventually pan out into a stud. Boy was I wrong...you're nowhere near a #2 overall pick. Lottery? Ok sure, how about the bottom just before you exit the lottery slots kind of player? Yeah, thats about right. They say the sky is the limit...whats your limit? Even Josh Smith looks more worthy of your draft slot than you do. But you sure do dominate the summer leagues. Too bad 95% of them dudes dont play in the NBA.

Damn, you skewered him. Admittedly I've only watched the Hawks twice this year but I thought he was coming along nicely. Jumpshot is cash. He doesn't force his offense. He doesn't get to the hole like he should but he's still young.

There's a few guys I'd crush for not living up to expectations before I got to Marv.

HardTattooedThug
12-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

All you need is Dido to sing the chorus

L.Kizzle
12-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Marvin Gaye >> Marvin Williams

GOBB
12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
He's doing nothing man....just out there. You dont even notice him. What does he do amazing? What does he do that stands out? Cant think of anything. He's just running up and down the court breaking a sweat and nothing more.

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

^ That is gold. Darsh, I am proud to share a city with you.

kwajo
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
^ That is gold. Darsh, I am proud to share a city with you.
Oh God, the Aussies are beginning to form cohesive groups...

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
He's doing nothing man....just out there. You dont even notice him. What does he do amazing? What does he do that stands out? Cant think of anything. He's just running up and down the court breaking a sweat and nothing more.

Again, I can only comment on the two games I've seen, but nobody on the Hawks looks like they give a **** except for Mario West. Josh Smith goes hard blocking shots and that's it.. Childress tries to dunk on guys and that's it.. everyone else just looks like they're trying to get their shots and go home. They need a proper point guard and a decent coach.

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 09:32 PM

haha..

Reminds me of that old Simpsons episode:

"OH MY GOD! THE P.T.A IS DISBANDING!"

*Dude jumps through window*

Darius
12-03-2007, 09:33 PM
I always wondered what the big deal was about him. I never saw it.

I've been fooled before though.

Darsh
12-03-2007, 09:40 PM

Im confident that if a Queenslander came in here and started discussing which code of footy was better out of AFL and Rugby, the cohesiveness would soon diminish.

And i know you like rugby. Lets not fight.

peace and love baby.

kwajo
12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Im confident that if a Queenslander came in here and started discussing which code of footy was better out of AFL and Rugby, the cohesiveness would soon diminish.

And i know you like rugby. Lets not fight.

peace and love baby.
Someday I'd love to play AFL just to see how it compares from the player's perspective. But I've been playing rugby for over 12 years, so I've got to stick with my first love until proven otherwise.

Until I can make it to Australia to try AFL in person, I'm going to keep shooting blow darts at my Shane Bourne poster and pretend it is an adequate substitute.

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
haha.. you're gonna tell me you live in Melbourne and you'd rather goto a rugby game than an AFL game?

You must be one of like.. 12.. in the whole state..

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Someday I'd love to play AFL just to see how it compares from the player's perspective. But I've been playing rugby for over 12 years, so I've got to stick with my first love until proven otherwise.

Until I can make it to Australia to try AFL in person, I'm going to keep shooting blow darts at my Shane Bourne poster and pretend it is an adequate substitute.

I don't know how you know who Shane Bourne is if you've never been here but it is awesome that you're blow-darting his postered face.

He is balls.

kwajo
12-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't know how you know who Shane Bourne is if you've never been here but it is awesome that you're blow-darting his postered face.

He is balls.
I'm probably the only person in North America who regularly downloads and watches episodes of Thank God You're Here.

ChuckOakley
12-03-2007, 09:52 PM

And yet I bet you would still trade Miller to land him in a deal.

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm probably the only person in North America who regularly downloads and watches episodes of Thank God You're Here.

That's the best. How did you hear about the show? It's an absolute winner. Any scene involving Hamish Blake is the best 5 minutes of TV for the week it is shown in. Without question. He is a genius.

Bourne needs to destroyed, though. And Tom Gleisner's judging ****s me. Luckily, they're only minor parts.

kwajo
12-03-2007, 09:59 PM
That's the best. How did you hear about the show? It's an absolute winner. Any scene involving Hamish Blake is the best 5 minutes of TV for the week it is shown in. Without question. He is a genius.

Bourne needs to destroyed, though. And Tom Gleisner's judging ****s me. Luckily, they're only minor parts.
I don't remember, I think I was just searching through YouTube one day and came across a Hamish Blake sketch and was hooked. I also am a big fan of Josh Lawson, he does a fantastic job on the show.

Darsh
12-03-2007, 10:00 PM
haha, thats actually really strange. Great show that one.

Hamish Blake = GOAT.

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 10:09 PM
kwajo deserves honorary citizenship.

JohnnyBravo5
12-03-2007, 10:41 PM
He actually had a decent game today. He is having a good season and is only about a couple of ppg short of where he should be. That being said, he is still on the same pace of improvement as Kobe and Tmac. Not that he will ever be as good as either but he isn't exactly Kwame Brown or Stromile Swift either.

kwajo
12-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Why thank you - we goofy, alcohol-loving, ex-British Colonial island nations have to stick together (I consider Newfoundland a nation).

adamcz
12-03-2007, 10:47 PM
How did my name get into that post GOBB? I did nothing but bash Marvin when he was drafted. I remember arguing that Jawad Williams would probably be better (though that turned out to be wrong too, it shows how little I thought of Marvin). I think I mentioned recently that he seems to be coming along, but I guess I happened to catch him on the right day, and saw him hit two consecutive shots or something.

JohnnyBravo5
12-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I mean he's avg 16/6 on 50% shooting...jesus

boozehound
12-03-2007, 11:00 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb
nice

DatZNasty
12-03-2007, 11:06 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41066000/jpg/_41066895_may203.jpg
"I am better than Marvin, absolutely."

sawyersauce
12-03-2007, 11:18 PM

You'd have to put him through the citizenship test first...

Can you name 3 famous Australians?
What are the lyrics to Cold Chisels "Khe Sahn"? :oldlol:

What a farking joke, we're implementing Pauline Hansons ideas.

Political Rant/

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Did you know that Hanson got just above the minimum amount of votes needed to get funding from the Electoral Comission again? She got like $200,000. For doing effectively nothing except being a racist, xenophobic ****stick and getting her face all over the papers about 5 years ago. She's STILL making money off it.

How is this not a bigger deal? I demand justice.

sawyersauce
12-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Did you know that Hanson got just above the minimum amount of votes needed to get funding from the Electoral Comission again? She got like $200,000. For doing effectively nothing except being a racist, xenophobic ****stick and getting her face all over the papers about 5 years ago. She's STILL making money off it.

How is this not a bigger deal? I demand justice.

Touche'

Media...Lay off Ben Cousins and get into Pauline Hanson
(Yea... I'm West Aussie)

playtetris
12-03-2007, 11:33 PM
haha, thats actually really strange. Great show that one.

Hamish Blake = GOAT.

i beg to differ: sean micallef is definitely the GOAT. ever since the fast forward/full frontal/micallef pogram days, he's been killing the competition. hamish blake is LMAO funny, though.

ps. afl is a better sport to play, rugby (league) is a better sport to watch.

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree entirely. Cousin's has been punished. 12 months out of the game is fair. If someone is willing to pick him up after that, good luck to them and to him. It's a free country and he deserves the right to seek employment in whatever profession he likes. Even footy. Dude needs to be left alone. That said, he could do himself a favour by putting a shirt on and not sniffing blow all the time.

I'd much rather see Hanson get nailed in the media from here on than Cousins. If she keeps getting paid I might have to take her out..

..or die tryin'.

32MJ32
12-03-2007, 11:40 PM
i beg to differ: sean micallef is definitely the GOAT. ever since the fast forward/full frontal/micallef pogram days, he's been killing the competition. hamish blake is LMAO funny, though.

ps. afl is a better sport to play, rugby (league) is a better sport to watch.

NEWStopia is fantastic. Micallef is killer. I think it's hard make a case that anyone was better than Hamish on Thank God You're Here, though. He was fire.

Real Men Wear Green
12-04-2007, 03:20 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb
Post of the season, so far.

BIZARRO
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM

I know this has nothing to do with the thread so much.

But the bold is a perfect description of Darius Miles. Marv is a disappointment thus far, but nowhere near the colossal waste of DM.

Some friends of mine and I used to watch Darius Miles games on the package just to watch him do this.

We would just marvel at how he would do ABSOLUTELY nothing, just casually running (if you can call it that) up and down the floor. It was amazing. :D

We would just crack up watching Darius collect his paycheck. :roll:

Smokee
12-04-2007, 03:36 PM
damn i could've sworn there was a Marvin Williams nut hugging thread here like 2 weeks ago explaining to me how incredibly athletic he is, when all i ever saw/see him do was taking short jumpers :confusedshrug:

how can i believe this forum anymore when everything is so wishy washy? :rolleyes:

GOBB
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
And yet I bet you would still trade Miller to land him in a deal.

For what? He isnt a PF.

GOBB
12-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Again, I can only comment on the two games I've seen, but nobody on the Hawks looks like they give a **** except for Mario West. Josh Smith goes hard blocking shots and that's it.. Childress tries to dunk on guys and that's it.. everyone else just looks like they're trying to get their shots and go home. They need a proper point guard and a decent coach.

You need to pay attention to Al Horford more. Kid is a stud.

Y2Gezee
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Just another example of why teams shouldn't listen to ESPN or worry about what they'll say about a selection. Drafting the "best player" and not drafting for need certainly does not always work out.

The guy did have all the skills in NC... but he never was allowed to showcase dominance or anything close to it as they were using him off the bench. He was a pretty good defender, athletic, could shoot, was supposed to have a Melo like post game, rebound. And was supposed to be the only superstar of the draft.

JohnnyBravo5
12-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Like I said before, the guy is avg 16/6 on 50% shooting in his 3rd season. No one thought he would come in and light it up immediately like Carmelo since he didn't even start on his college team. His progression is more like Tmac's and Kobe's....check the stats.

JalenRawley
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM

They've been forming cohesive groups for years... down at the pub.

kwajo
12-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb
This reminded me of an famous American novel that we had to read in school:

http://i8.tinypic.com/6jfgb3p.jpg

LJJ
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
:roll:

Darius
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

:oldlol: This post just deserves some recognition.

saKf
12-04-2007, 06:31 PM

You = #1. I love you, kwa-key.

kwajo
12-04-2007, 06:48 PM
You = #1. I love you, kwa-key.
You're just saying that because you miss KG, Hassel, Rasho, Terrell Brandon and Mayor Hoiberg, and therefore have no-one to turn to except the comforts of ISH goofballs.

saKf
12-04-2007, 06:49 PM
You're just saying that because you miss KG, Hassel, Rasho, Terrell Brandon and Mayor Hoiberg, and therefore have no-one to turn to except the comforts of ISH goofballs.
I do miss all those people. However, I still heart you.

Gosh, Hoiberg was awesome though. Most effect I've ever seen a "shooter" role player have on a team.

Make It Rain
12-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Better them than the Canucks =O. Boy those fux annoy me.

32MJ32
12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
You need to pay attention to Al Horford more. Kid is a stud.

I stand corrected. You're right, Horford is a beast. And he plays his tail off.

Mewwem22
12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

Dude, that's a freakin' awesome post. :rockon: :bowdown:

Good Old Willy
12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
This thread had legs?

When guys are contributing comics like that, then wow, that's impressive effort. And I can see the interest.

Q: Saw some Raptor "enthusiasts" say that they would take the maligned Marvin off you hands for Calderon, straight up, today. Who'd do it?

brwnman
12-05-2007, 12:22 AM
quite a few Atlanta fans are in favor of Calderon for Marvin trade as well... and btw, this thread is great - pretty funny...

Darsh
12-05-2007, 12:36 AM
This is really annoying me, i've gone over my download cap for the month so my internet is too slow for me to see kwajo's comic strip. Well i can see half.

Can someone put into words the last 3 slides of the strip.

GOBB
12-05-2007, 07:24 PM
This is really annoying me, i've gone over my download cap for the month so my internet is too slow for me to see kwajo's comic strip. Well i can see half.

Can someone put into words the last 3 slides of the strip.

Please show us what he tried to do to you!
He tried to kiss my special area, then whispered in my ear that he wished he had chris paul instead!
Are you sure it wasnt this man?
*photo of shogon*
Who the f*ck is that guy?
to be continued...

Funny remix by the way :applause: :oldlol:

bumpyknucks
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
:oldlol: This post just deserves some recognition.

Agreed....the type of post you read aloud to your friends.......

GOBB
12-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Agreed....the type of post you read aloud to your friends.......

And then after you're finished end up like Matthew Shepard tied to a gate on some random road leading to nowhere. :rolleyes:

Dasher
10-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is GobbClassic post:oldlol:

Looten Plunder
10-07-2008, 02:44 PM

http://i8.tinypic.com/6jfgb3p.jpgWas this beautiful work ever continued?

Denali
10-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

oldenpolynice
10-07-2008, 02:57 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

That was awesome.

picc84
10-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

holee **** :roll: :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

hawkfan
10-07-2008, 03:52 PM

He's been doing that for the few years he's been in the NBA.
He's the Tim Thomas of his generation.
Horrible pick.

Trade proposal:

Hawks get

Samuel Dalembert
Throw in scrub player off of Philly roster

Sixers get

Marvin Williams (expirer)
Zaza Pachulia (expirer)

Looten Plunder
10-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Horrible pick.

Trade proposal:

Hawks get

Samuel Dalembert

Sixers get

Zaza Pachulia (expirer)That does not seem like an even trade. I like it for the Hawks, but how does it help the 76ers other than giving them a little luxury tax wiggle room?

NastaMaverick
10-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb
:oldlol: Thats awesome.

GOBB
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
hawkfan die already will ya? I hate your trade proposals.

"Hey you bend over, I stick it up your ass and you like it? Fair?!?"

Pretty much what you just typed to me. Sorry man but no homo!

I still cant get over kwajo using my high school photo. haha

jamal99
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb
Man, this is great!

brwnman
12-05-2008, 05:11 PM
man, the kwajo pic and the Stan remix for Marvin really made this thread a classic when it happened.

Someone needs to update the response back from Marvin, since he has a jumper now. And while not on the level of Paul, he's becoming a very nice player...

GOBB
12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Nah i still dont like Marvin much. Not gonna go back and change it.

Jasper
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Actually something is happening to him -

He is currently 22 years old 6'9" 240 (more weight than when he entered the draft)

averaging 35 min per game this year 14+ppg and 6 + boards , helping Hawks with a winning record. :confusedshrug:

GOBB
04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
bump

Godfather
04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
bump

Why would you bump a thread revealing your stalker impulses?

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-22-2009, 10:07 PM

+1
classic example of over rating athleticism.
he will have a nice long nba career, but he is more of a 6th 7th 8th man, imo

catzhernandez
04-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb
:roll::roll:

I miss you Darsh.

dnyk1337
04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Classic ISH. Never will be like this ever again.

Shade8780
07-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Bump. This thread is ****ing hilarious :roll: :roll: :lol Current ISH sucks balls :(

alenleomessi
07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Horrible pick.

Trade proposal:

Hawks get

Samuel Dalembert

Sixers get

Zaza Pachulia (expirer)
my god this guy has been doing those marvin trades for half a decade :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

cos88
07-13-2013, 07:01 PM
my god this guy has been doing those marvin trades for half a decade :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

imagine his trades on the association on 2k, it will be so funny to see his team.

Hotlantadude81
07-13-2013, 08:52 PM
I cannot believe someone actually thought Marvin had major league potential.

I don't watch the college game, but I never saw him display that type of talent for any length of time when he was here. People had to be smoking something.

LongLiveTheKing
07-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb
:applause: :bowdown:
:roll:

Dictator
07-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I'ma name her Marvin
This is Gobb

Poty Goat