PDA

View Full Version : Most Controversial and/or Dumb comments by NBA players

Tarik One
12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Dennis Rodman:

Following a road loss by the Bulls to the Salt Lake City-based Jazz, Rodman said,

KWALI
12-07-2007, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Tarik One]Dennis Rodman:

Following a road loss by the Bulls to the Salt Lake City-based Jazz, Rodman said,

kidachi
12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
most headiest? :oldlol:

even a kid wont mess a grammar like that.

LOL @ Magic. ESPN. :oldlol:

StroShow4
12-07-2007, 03:18 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/sprewell_latrell0516.jpg

"how am i supposed to feed my family?"

LilJonIsSoCrunk
12-07-2007, 03:26 PM

ding ding winner. no quote will ever some close to matching the ingorance, stupidity, and separation from reality like that one by spree.

bada bing
12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Tim Hardaway:

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway said. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Sharas
12-07-2007, 03:31 PM
ding ding winner. no quote will ever some close to matching the ingorance, stupidity, and separation from reality like that one by spree.

co-sign

i doubt anyone will come close in a loooooong time

artificial
12-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Q's comments against Boston weren't too bad, had it not been for the embarrassment that followed.

hito da god
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
"we talkin bout practice.... practice"

as a player, i found that to be one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard

Richie2k6
12-07-2007, 04:04 PM
"We're going to turn his team around 360 degrees."

-Jason Kidd

YAWN
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM

-Jason Kidd
:oldlol:

Mikaiel
12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Scott Pollard : "Hey kids, do drugs"

steve
12-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Number one comment is by Steph's coach..Isiah as a player...."If Larry Bird was black he'd be your average player"

paraphrasing

:oldlol: I mean :roll:
I'm pretty sure it was Dennis Rodman who made the actual quote, Isiah just didn't refute a reporter when they asked him about it.

Jerk Nowitzki
12-07-2007, 04:25 PM
This was just plain stupid, and I lost all respect for Robinson after he said this:

"I get a little bit upset. The time for debate is really beforehand. Obviously history will speak on whether this was the right thing or the wrong thing, but right now (the soldiers) are out there. Support 'em. There's plenty of time for commentary later. If it's an embarrassment to them, maybe they should be in a different country, because this is America and we're supposed to proud of the guys we elected and put in office."

-David Robinson, in response to Steve Nash's 'No War. Shoot for Peace' t-shirt during the initial phase of the Iraq War

this next one isn't a player, but too ridiculous to not mention:

''I got theories with this woman, this Joumana Kidd who wants to be a star, wants to be a TV star. She wants face time on camera. The great way to get face time is to bring the cute, precious kid. Oh, great. I'd like to smack her.''

-Bob Ryan, Boston Globe sportswriter, referring to Jason Kidd's wife (at the time) and child

Lebowsky
12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
This guy seems to be an endless source of amusement. These comments were pretty dumb as well:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d0_1187891776

MaxFly
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
KG:

[QUOTE]

StroShow4
12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE]KG:

Quote:

Jimmy2k8
12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
because there are no 4 pointers

-Toine

The Ownage
12-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey Kids... Do Drugs!

Courtesy of Scot Pollard

bigkingsfan
12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
"If Yao Ming ever scores 20 points, I'll kiss a donkey's butt" - Sir Charles

Myth
12-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey Kids... Do Drugs!

Courtesy of Scot Pollard

That one would be the winner IF Pollard was a big name player.

Charlie Sheen
12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey Kids... Do Drugs!

Courtesy of Scot Pollard

I don't think this qualifies bc he was being facetious.

Spree, on the other hand, appears to be pretty serious; he hasn't stepped onto an NBA court since.

XxNeXuSxX
12-07-2007, 06:29 PM

Spree, on the other hand, appears to be pretty serious; he hasn't stepped onto an NBA court since.
Right, Spree was actually making an argument why he deserved that contract

worldbefree
12-07-2007, 06:36 PM
you guys are forgetting the worst shiet i ever heard from an NBA player.

http://asianweek.com/2001_03_23/news1_jasonwilliamsapology.html

jason williams calls out a bunch of chinese or asian people during a game LOL.

yeaaaman
12-07-2007, 06:39 PM

thats what makes it even more stupid, he said it into the television camera... what kid or their parents are going to take that as a joke

Da KO King
12-07-2007, 06:50 PM
thats what makes it even more stupid, he said it into the television camera... what kid or their parents are going to take that as a joke
I had no problem with Latrell Sprewell's comment because I understood he was using a common saying.

The only people that had a problem with Sprewell’s comment are the types that consistently look at the literal translation of common sayings or just look to nitpick anything a professional athlete says.

If former NBA players count Mahmoud Abdul Rauf has everyone beat. Dude publicly has stated that he thinks the events of 9-11 were NOT done by Saudi Arabian hijackers. It's one thing to think it but to say it on national TV? If he wasn't being blackballed from the NBA at the time he sure as hell would be after that.

The Ownage
12-07-2007, 07:11 PM

Title said Most Controversial and/or Dumb comments, not serious ones :banana: .

RagingBull33
12-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Can anyone tell me who said this? I remember when the NBA played some games in Japan, someone was quoted saying:
"Japan is all right, it's just that I'm getting tied of Chinese food"
:roll:

KINGD
12-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Kobe I"f i shoot a lot my teamates have a better chance of getting offensive rebounds" or something like that lol

i seen hippos
12-07-2007, 08:20 PM
you guys are forgetting the worst shiet i ever heard from an NBA player.

http://asianweek.com/2001_03_23/news1_jasonwilliamsapology.html

jason williams calls out a bunch of chinese or asian people during a game LOL.

[QUOTE]

knickscity
12-07-2007, 09:22 PM

-Jason Kidd
That was classic.

Also...."When I kissed my sister, I felt her, it was like".... you know I can't post the rest.

"I don't see anything wrong, "Dog-fighting is a sport"

Vintage Marbury and of course " Dimes and the Assist" comment. Coming from the self-proclaimed "best PG" in the L.

gts
12-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Dampier is soft. Quote it, underline it, tape it, send it to him. Don’t ask me about that guy ever again." – Shaq

J.O.R.D.A.N.-#45
12-07-2007, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5gTZjuo0rc

Corby vs. Shaq

Only 24 seconds.

kidachi
12-08-2007, 06:44 AM
SHAQ: i'm just trying to play the ****ing game man..

REPORTER: we're on-air shaq..

SHAQ: i don't give ****!

Manute for Ever!
12-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I know it isn't NBA, but Mike Tyson:

"I don't want to fade into bolivion".

Charlie Sheen
12-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm sure a lot of kids would take that as a joke. Baseball's drug problems are mocked by youth of today. Maybe we have different priorities in life, but "hey kids, do drugs" doesn't really rank up there as one of the dumbest for me.

Title said Most Controversial and/or Dumb comments, not serious ones :banana: .
this is true. good point

mjbulls23
12-08-2007, 11:49 AM
"I am not a role model. I am not paid to be a role model. I am paid to wreak havoc on the basketball court. Parents should be rolemodels. Just because I dunk a basketball, doesn't mean I should raise your kids."

-Charles Barkley

Jerk Nowitzki
12-08-2007, 12:26 PM
"I am not a role model. I am not paid to be a role model. I am paid to wreak havoc on the basketball court. Parents should be rolemodels. Just because I dunk a basketball, doesn't mean I should raise your kids."

-Charles Barkley
Aww, really, you thought this was dumb or controversial?? Yeah, I guess controversial, but I thought it really made the point well!

Sharas
12-08-2007, 12:29 PM
i agree, that's one of smarter quotes you can find of basketball players

wally_world
12-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Scott Pollard : "Hey kids, do drugs"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nBE8WNFxw

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Manute for Ever!
12-08-2007, 12:31 PM

-Charles Barkley

That's just telling like it is and is the truth. That is why I love Charles (Now that he is retired).

BigJake
12-08-2007, 12:41 PM

-Jason Kidd

:wtf: :oldlol: :roll: :applause:

whoooo that was some funny ****!

20 Dimes A Game
12-08-2007, 01:07 PM

-Charles Barkley

It's true.

apriorist
12-08-2007, 05:28 PM

-Charles Barkley

This is one of the best quotes ever by a pro athlete.

poeticism707
12-08-2007, 05:35 PM
"we talkin bout practice.... practice"

as a player, i found that to be one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard

"We talkin' bout free throws! Free throws!" -D-WHISTLE

Jerk Nowitzki
12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Just remembered this, and I don't think this is dumb, in fact, I think it's one of the best quotes ever, but it was controversial, so.....

"Good game, both teams played hard."
-Rasheed Wallace

White Chocolate
12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
"I ain't no dumb-ass n----- out here. I'm not like a whole bunch of these young boys out here who get caught up and captivated into the league.

"No. I see behind the lines. I see behind the false screens. I know what this business is all about. I know the commissioner of this league makes more than three-quarters of the players in this league."

"That's why they're drafting all these high school cats, because they come into the league and they don't know no better. They don't know no better, and they don't know the real business, and they don't see behind the charade."

Rasheed Wallace in December 2003

"What comes out of the microwave hot doesn't always stay hot. I know, because I eat bagels in the morning."

Shaquille O'Neal

"It was like my best friend in America."

Andris Biedrins, talking about his Porsche Cayenne SUV, which was totaled when he was rear-ended

"Anytime you bring Michael Olowokandi on to your team, disaster is soon to follow."

Bill Walton

"I'm telling you, Darko is a Serbian gangster. Darko's got some bodies back there [in Serbia-Montenegro]. He can go psycho on guys."

Rasheed Wallace

"He's not 20 years old. No way. I'm going to have to see a birth certificate or something."

Antawn Jamison, on LeBron James

"I think the team that wins Game 5 will win the series. Unless we lose Game 5."

Charles Barkley

"I'm like President Bush. Nobody likes me, nobody respects me, but everyone votes for me."

Shaquille O'Neal

Loki
12-08-2007, 06:16 PM
The major ones have already been covered. This interview by Steph isn't controversial, but it's so dumb as to be almost unbelievable. Dude had to be high:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwa7L3n3nxQ

Courtesy of Steph "trees" Marbury. :oldlol:

Jimmy2k8
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
seriously, I don't get the Jason Kidd quote.

bigkingsfan
12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
If you go 360 degree you're back to where you begin. He meant to say he wanted to turn this team around.

And the quote should say "this" instead of "his"

steve
12-08-2007, 06:29 PM
So the correct line would be "I'm going to turn this team around 180 degrees".

White Chocolate
12-08-2007, 06:41 PM

Going 360 degrees will get you back to where you originally started. The Mavs were the joke of the league, so Kidd was saying "We suck, so I'll turn this franchise 360 degrees and we'll still suck".

Manute for Ever!
12-09-2007, 03:13 AM
This one is pretty funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMkibML2zrY&feature=related

kidachi
12-09-2007, 03:41 AM
what's with the rasheed quote? i think i didn't get it..

MasterDurant24
12-09-2007, 09:41 AM

I remember that. So stupid, yet so funny:oldlol:

Manute for Ever!
11-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I thought this thread deserved a bump, a favourite of mine from a while back

"Some things you just can't question. Like you can't question why two plus two is four. So don't question it, don't try to look it up. I don't know who made it, all I know is it was put in my head that two plus two is four. So certain things happen. Why does it rain? Why am I so sexy? I don't know."

- Shaquille O'Neal

"Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards."

- Bill Walton

"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

- Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player

"We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play."

- Pat Williams, Orlando Magic general manager, on his team's 7-27 record in 1992

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious."

- Charles Shackleford

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds."

- Wilt Chamberlain

Solid Snake
11-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't think I've seen a commentator hold as big of what is seemingly a personal grudge in any sport period as I have with Walton and Candy-Man. Seriously, what's the story behind this? He would routinely diss that guy like he slapped his mama on the ass or something.

LJJ
11-08-2008, 08:30 AM
"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

-Frank Layden

Hehe. That was great.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
SHAQ: i'm just trying to play the ****ing game man..

REPORTER: we're on-air shaq..

SHAQ: i don't give ****!

Shaq: "For everyone who wonders why the league is losing money, that's why. People pay good money to see these athletes play and they try and take over the ****ing game."

Reporter: "Shaq, we're on live."

Shaq: "I don't give a ****."

Reporter: "I know."

JJ81
11-08-2008, 08:51 AM
"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." - Charles Shackleford

Haha, classic.

JJ81
11-08-2008, 08:52 AM

-Jason Kidd

hahaha:roll:

Manute for Ever!
11-08-2008, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE]