PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick Winning the ROY

scp2071
07-29-2006, 05:52 AM
JJ Redick has got the sweetest stroke ever and going to orlando needing a SG he is going to get the ball alot and has a great chance

The Italian
07-30-2006, 05:09 PM
i love JJ's game but he is not going to win the ROY. i would say either Gay. Foye or Roy.

BlockShot
07-30-2006, 07:03 PM
i love JJ's game but he is not going to win the ROY. i would say either Gay. Foye or Roy.
:stupid: i say Roy or Gay...I like Foye the most out of the 3 but he wont get as many chances as them...not that twolves got james...

AKADS
08-01-2006, 05:50 AM
I go with Morrison. His game will fit the role the Bobcats need

Ben mc
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
I go with Morrison. His game will fit the role the Bobcats need

Amen to that, this kid is gunnu get lots of ball and he knows what to do with it.

Bobcats and Morrison should blend like chips and coke.

Ben mc
08-01-2006, 08:23 AM
sorry.. fries and coke? do americans ever call fries "chips"?

04mzwach
08-07-2006, 02:37 AM
no

04mzwach
08-07-2006, 02:37 AM
reddick wont be rookie of the year....sorryy

ZHAKIDD532
08-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Maybe, wouldn't be the most outrageous thing in the world

BlazerBrad
08-07-2006, 01:53 PM
most of the other rookies great at one thing, Roy will win it because he is very good at a lot of things

qwerty
08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Morrison will win it.

bigboi_baller
08-07-2006, 04:50 PM
sorry.. fries and coke? do americans ever call fries "chips"?
nope, because why would we call fries "chips" that would be as stupid as calling chips "crisps" or calling pee "wee"

Messed the Cut
08-07-2006, 06:50 PM
At best, JJ Redick is another Michael Redd, at worst, he is another Steve Kerr.
He probably will average anywhere between 7-12ppg in his rookie year (hopefully his back is healthy) and should have a few 20 - 25 point outings with Nelson and Howard on the team, but Rookie of the year will be tough.

Brandon Roy and Randy Foye are both in situations where they will be able to make some noise, especially Roy as we know that Portland is going nowhere this year and will not win more than 30 games.

Adam Morrision looks like a prime candidate for the award as he will likely start and produce 12-15 ppg, 4-6 rpg. He is in a position where he might be Charlotte's best perimeter player and will be relied on to contribute immediatly.

Although any one of these guys can win it, I think that the real surprise will be Andrea Bargnani. He is aggressive with the ball (although he hangs out on the perimeter more than he should - ala Tim Thomas).

I want to say Bargnani will win it, but it is hard not to think that Morrision will have more of an opportunity to fire more shots and take the award. Rookie of the year: Adam Morrison.

Starks4/3
08-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah, JJ has the sweetest stroke out there... but he also has two herniated discs and beer goggles! That would make me pretty nervous if I was Orlando lol.

I'd go with Foye, but depending on how many shots Morrison gets he could have the stats to win it. Situation has a lot to do with it, and Morrison might be The Man right away for the Bobcats. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I do not see JJ becoming the face of the Magic franchise.

HippinHoopster
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
No way will he be ROY. I say Adam Morrison will take it over Rudy Gay

thirteen
10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Unlikely ROY but he should have a good year, a good match for the Magic.

huppcap
10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
JJ Redick has got the sweetest stroke ever and going to orlando needing a SG he is going to get the ball alot and has a great chance

It's difficult to take shots when you are not healthy. Even if healthy he is slow and cannot create his own shot. Morrison can create his own shot and is a better passer. I don't see Redick at this point having a major impact in the NBA.

shafir
10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Roy, Reddick, or Morrisson, which ever gets the most minutes.

SsKSpurs21
10-25-2006, 06:18 PM
JJ wont get starting minutes so his production wont be as good. Brandon Roy is the most NBA ready along with Rudy Gay but Roy will get more minutes so his production will be better. my choice is Brandon Roy.

Raja
10-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Already has a big NBA players body he is on a terrible Trailblazers team. He defends well, rebounds and blocks shots, he shouldn't have trouble scoring down in the post. He wont be starting right away so he will have to make the most of his minutes that he gets. He could be starting after 30 games into the season.

Cool
10-26-2006, 03:59 AM
I dont think any of those will be ROY. I think it will be nbody expects like chris paul last year nobody expected him to be that good. So I think it will be jordan farmar.

akaTonyDanza
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Redick will be a Mark Price style player but will never win r.o.y....I wanted Reddick to go to Utah but we got Brewer who will be much better .....back problems are hard to overcome...Rudy Gay-Brandon Roy-or Morrison

Slickshot
10-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Roy probably Jordan Farmar not Reddick, but he will make a huge impact no doubt.

littlespyda
10-29-2006, 04:17 PM
no way!!!:banghead:

Jerz Netz
11-02-2006, 11:40 PM
marcus williams hands down

SsKSpurs21
11-03-2006, 02:27 AM
most likely Brandon Roy but if Rudy Gay can keep having games like he did vs NY then he could also have a good shot

Terp #33
11-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Adam Morrison or Brandon Roy will fight it out to win the ROY.

AI09
11-11-2006, 11:21 PM
1.Roy
2.Gay
3.Morrison
4.Foye (if given the playing time I think he can be number 1 on this list)
5.Sheldon Williams?

bokes15
11-11-2006, 11:32 PM
JJ can earn his right to be a part of this convo when he starts playing, until then, he shouldn't be included.

wally_world
11-12-2006, 12:14 AM
JJ will make a great rookie year in Orlando when he returns from injury... woud expect him shooting madness from downtown all the way... to winning ROY!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM

JJ Finally Hit a Jumpshot, This prediction was off by far.

Adam Morrison is ROY

gsxr1kryder
11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
my initial pick was Branden Roy. but he got hurt.
Reddick hasn't played at all yet. so he's never going to win it.

Best performing rookie so far has been Adam Morrison. he will eventually win it (if he stays healthy).

baseketball4life
01-04-2007, 05:03 PM
JJ will make a great rookie year in Orlando when he returns from injury... woud expect him shooting madness from downtown all the way... to winning ROY!

he'll be lucky to be in the NBA in 2-3 years let alone win ROY. This guy sucks, he's a product of the system.

Jailblazers7
01-04-2007, 08:43 PM
he'll be lucky to be in the NBA in 2-3 years let alone win ROY. This guy sucks, he's a product of the system.

He last in the league based on his jumper somebody will always pick him up for that

knickscity
01-06-2007, 12:13 AM
it is really a toss up. The ROY should help the team he is on like Chris paul almost gettin N.O. to the playoffs. all the good rookies are on bad teams that are going nowhere..

ThaKryptKeeper
01-06-2007, 02:16 AM
This thread has to be a joke right? JJ Reddick is an embarrasment to shooting gaurds. The guy is a skinny punk who couldn't shoot a 3 if he was using a tennis ball and the basket was the diameter of an elephants waist. JJ winning the ROY? Maybe the FOY(Flop of the Year) But sure as hell not the ROY.

IlliniFan
01-06-2007, 12:32 PM
This thread has to be a joke right? JJ Reddick is an embarrasment to shooting gaurds. The guy is a skinny punk who couldn't shoot a 3 if he was using a tennis ball and the basket was the diameter of an elephants waist. JJ winning the ROY? Maybe the FOY(Flop of the Year) But sure as hell not the ROY.
The therad was made back in July. Just a prediction.

mid80sjordan
01-11-2007, 12:48 AM
redick can really shoot

give him a few years

baseketball4life
01-11-2007, 03:40 PM
redick can really shoot

give him a few years
actually the funny thing is he cant shoot... look at his college stats. 39% on 3's and thats college. FT's are the only thing he can do in the pros... and he never will get fouled so that dun matter

huppcap
01-11-2007, 04:14 PM
It's difficult to take shots when you are not healthy. Even if healthy he is slow and cannot create his own shot. Morrison can create his own shot and is a better passer. I don't see Redick at this point having a major impact in the NBA.

As I stated back in the fall. Redick is a long shot to be an impact player unless he really works on his game and even then its an uphill battle for him.

Bargnani is going to challenge for ROY.

TheBigAristotle1
01-13-2007, 06:27 PM
You guys are idiots. Redick can definitely shoot. Redick shot 42.1% from the field his senior year, and only shot below 40% one year when he shot 39.5%. Do the math there is no way his career average is 39% everyone on this forum is on Ray Allen's nuts and he shoots like 32% from three point range. Most importantly Reddicks pps were always very high, so he was not only a great scorer but did it effeciently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=11144

I never liked Redick that much in college, but the idiots on this board are making me like him. Redick is definitely NBA calibre, anyone saying otherwise is retarded. The guy is not a stand still jump shooter. He can shoot off the dribble, going in any direction. He even has a fadeaway midrange shot. JJ Redick also has more range then anyone in the NBA. Take T-mac and have him shoot 20 30 foot jumpers, he would be lucky to hit 8 of them. Redick would knock down 15 or more of them.

The only thing about Redick is his handles aren't great. And he get's his shot stuffed when he drives the lane.

iMakeITrain
01-14-2007, 06:19 PM
As I stated back in the fall. Redick is a long shot to be an impact player unless he really works on his game and even then its an uphill battle for him.

Bargnani is going to challenge for ROY.

most likely. but by default.. that's how unproductive the rookies have been this year..

don't get me wrong though.. i think some of the rookies from this year will be superstars..
rudy gay
adam morrison
brandon roy..

unknown101
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Roy wins.

Undisputed
07-29-2009, 10:34 PM
You guys are idiots. Redick can definitely shoot. Redick shot 42.1% from the field his senior year, and only shot below 40% one year when he shot 39.5%. Do the math there is no way his career average is 39% everyone on this forum is on Ray Allen's nuts and he shoots like 32% from three point range. Most importantly Reddicks pps were always very high, so he was not only a great scorer but did it effeciently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=11144

I never liked Redick that much in college, but the idiots on this board are making me like him. Redick is definitely NBA calibre, anyone saying otherwise is retarded. The guy is not a stand still jump shooter. He can shoot off the dribble, going in any direction. He even has a fadeaway midrange shot. JJ Redick also has more range then anyone in the NBA. Take T-mac and have him shoot 20 30 foot jumpers, he would be lucky to hit 8 of them. Redick would knock down 15 or more of them.

The only thing about Redick is his handles aren't great. And he get's his shot stuffed when he drives the lane.

:roll:

wang4three
07-30-2009, 01:40 PM
:roll:

What was wrong about what he said?

Undisputed
07-30-2009, 02:36 PM
What was wrong about what he said?

He said JJ Redick was NBA caliber and anyone who says otherwise are retarded. Then he follows with, "JJ Redick has more range than anyone in the NBA." I just thought it was funny seeing his expectations for Redick considering what we know now. What's even more funny is that he went the route of insulting people and failed.

One thing I have to give Redick is that he shows promise defensively.