PDA

View Full Version : Iverson is ruining Carmelo's career

joewait
12-19-2007, 10:27 PM
i feel bad for carmelo

j Fresh3
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I knew it was a bad idea in the first place. When you have two elite scorers (who only focus on scoring) in one team, there's not enough shots for both of them.

bleedinpurpleTwo
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
really?

2LeTTeRS KD
12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
I know you hate Allen Iverson but please explain how Melo's career is being ruined.

darabzarrabi
12-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Its not being ruined at all I just think he is a bad fit in Denver....that team was better with Andre miller at the 1, JR at the 2, and Melo at the three....I dont really see why teams dont just play strictly zone against the lineup they start right now 0 outside shooting

bleedinpurpleTwo
12-19-2007, 10:50 PM
wow. It's sad to hear that Carmelo's career is almost ruined. And he was so young and promising.

I suppose life goes on.
:violin:

eeeeeebro
12-19-2007, 11:03 PM
iverson would own melo in scoring if he was on the team or if he wasnt on the team. you should be more worried about melo's defense. only rebounds he gets is his own missed shots.

ChrisConley
12-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Iverson is ruining Carmelo's career... and Denver is a top team in the west.

e20dyl4n
12-19-2007, 11:09 PM
more like carmelo is ruining iversons career if anyone is gonna point fingers. iverson is the better player

kidachi
12-19-2007, 11:11 PM
look out for evinencz. :D

Hawker
12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Remember when you said you retired and we all said you would be back? Guess we were right.

As long as you think Oasis is the best band ever not named the beatles you are cool in my book.

Optimus Prime
12-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Maybe this could be an opportunity for 'Melo to transform from a one-dimensional chucker to a more well-rounded player?

Naw, he probably thinks AI is cramping his career too and will pout and whine.

So, what could the Nugz get for 'Melo?

Mr_Basketball#1
12-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Incoming Richie.

ChrisConley
12-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe this could be an opportunity for 'Melo to transform from a one-dimensional chucker to a more well-rounded player?

Naw, he probably thinks AI is cramping his career too and will pout and whine.

So, what could the Nugz get for 'Melo?

hahaha. seriously. good question.

Optimus Prime
12-19-2007, 11:18 PM
I am actually being serious. AI has exposed 'Melo as a one-dimensional chucker. This is 31 year old AI's team. AIs got the game and experience to lead this team. If 'Melo's not chucking, he's not helping. Even though he's usually not helping when he's chucking either, but you get my point...

Wow, I'm actually siding with AI?! That's crazy man, but it's clear that 'Melo is overrated.

What can the Nuggets get for 'Melo? They surely can get more than 75 cents on the dollar, given 'Melo's "overratedness" right now. Maybe they could get some players who actually play D, rebound, pass the ball and do more than jack up shots.

hahaha. seriously. good question.

Optimus Prime
12-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Haha :D

Richie's cool though, but he surely must see that this team is running on AI Power!

Incoming Richie.

ChrisConley
12-19-2007, 11:19 PM
i know. i agree. it was a good question. that's why i was laughing.

Rockets(T-mac)
12-19-2007, 11:20 PM
How exactly is Iverson ruining Melo's career? Melo is in a slump how is that Iverson's fault. Melo is getting his shots and his plays so don't tell me Iverson is hogging. Plus the Nuggets are winning even with Melo struggling so no Iverson isn't ruining Melo's career.

artest 93
12-19-2007, 11:21 PM
the nuggets werent that bad without ai. u know..im not too knowledgable when it comes to denver but i thought they won 50 games too without ai. and without ai, melo would definitely be averaging 30ppg. i dont know if thats a good ora bad thing. who knows?

Melo can put up numbers without AI. I really dont know whats up with this team.

twolvesfan
12-19-2007, 11:25 PM
im glad. thugs shouldnt be stars in this league

AI Nuggets3
12-19-2007, 11:30 PM
man i havent seen JOEWAIT post since the day before the Warriors destroyed the Mavs in game 6....... :D

Younggrease
12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
How exactly is Iverson ruining Melo's career? Melo is in a slump how is that Iverson's fault. Melo is getting his shots and his plays so don't tell me Iverson is hogging. Plus the Nuggets are winning even with Melo struggling so no Iverson isn't ruining Melo's career.

I think that Iverson is stunting he growth as a player...I dont think it was worth it to bring him on board..they would win about the same amount of games without AI...

falcon#5
12-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes A.i is ruining Melos career denver were better with andre miller and jr smith at the 2 position melo got more efficient shots abck then and now he playing like **** cause of iverson

i love iverson hes one of mi favourite players but for denver to win 1 of them needs to go you cannot have two elite scorers on the same team it just doesnt work i say trade iverson they need melo hes the future of this club if they were to have any success

Richie2k6
12-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Meh, not really worth the effort. Sorry guys, just don't feel like it. :oldlol:

Optimus Prime
12-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Aww Richie, don't be like that. :(

:party2:

Meh, not really worth the effort. Sorry guys, just don't feel like it. :oldlol:

Richie2k6
12-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Aww Richie, don't be like that. :(

:party2:
Well, to make it short and sweet: To the people who don't watch the Nuggets play, don't talk. To the people who do watch the Nuggets play, you'd know Melo is simply in a slump and Iverson has almost nothing to do with that.

:D

gyu
12-20-2007, 12:05 AM
'Melo's been missing practice.

Optimus Prime
12-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Practice? What are we talkin' about, man? Practice? Practice?

Maybe AI should tell 'Melo he needs to practice more. How ironic would that be?

:lol:

'Melo's been missing practice.

TMacsOneGoodEye
12-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Joe Wait has returned? I thought we'd never see this racist claiming to be a medical doctor who weighs around 300lbs.

Da KO King
12-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Well, to make it short and sweet: To the people who don't watch the Nuggets play, don't talk. To the people who do watch the Nuggets play, you'd know Melo is simply in a slump and Iverson has almost nothing to do with that.

Have to disagree. The entire Nuggets team is struggling and a lot of it starts with the sub par PG play they are getting. With Chucky Atkins, Allen Iverson, and Anthony Carter platooning at the spot it is to a degree Iverson's fault.

ForceOfNature
12-20-2007, 12:28 AM
i feel bad for carmelo

Maybe The Answer is the better player?

Da KO King
12-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Maybe The Answer is the better player?
Yes because years upon years of inefficient play and destroying any semblance of a flowing offense is OK as long as you can score 30 points with your 27 attempts.

ForceOfNature
12-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes because years upon years of inefficient play and destroying any semblance of a flowing offense is OK as long as you can score 30 points with your 27 attempts.

It's not just the points, it's the other facets of his game too. He's a better passer, better defender, and a better leader.

ChrisConley
12-20-2007, 12:36 AM

26 points, on 18.5 attempts. with 7.5 assists. seriously when melo breaks this shooting slump (yes missing wide open looks and post shots you normally make is a slump), denver may be western elite. why are people complaining?

wally_world
12-20-2007, 01:36 AM
AI ruined Eric Snow and Todd McCollah's (din't know exact spelling) career as well...

Da KO King
12-20-2007, 02:21 AM
26 points, on 18.5 attempts. with 7.5 assists. seriously when melo breaks this shooting slump (yes missing wide open looks and post shots you normally make is a slump), denver may be western elite. why are people complaining?
Using this season's averages to debate my point about Iverson's career as a whole... :sleeping

This season the PG play for Denver has been buttcheeks. With Iverson as part of the platoon at that spot that does make him a part of the problem.

asu77golf
12-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Most of you kiddies are just kicking Melo when he's down.

w00terz
12-20-2007, 02:52 AM

I'm so sick of hearing the AI haters with this same hackneyed f*cking line. People like to degrade AI's play and say "he scores 30 and does absolutely nothing for his team." Really? So he scores his 30 points all on his own and then the rest of the game the only time someone else on the team scores if they pick up his scraps? No, it isn't like that. Basketball goes beyond simple stats. The entire offense of the 76ers revolved around AI. Even if he didn't get assists, he got indirectly "assisted" his team.

Example: AI penetrates into the hole and dishes off to someone who makes another pass to someone else and the team scores. AI doesn't get an assist but he created the play. Honestly, AI contributes more to the Nuggets than his points per game. His assists are up, his steals are great, he is hitting the open shot, he is creating opportunities for his teammates, they just aren't make it. The Nuggets are in a slump right now, Melo being the front-runner of it all. Stop with this f*cking nonsense.

ChrisConley
12-20-2007, 02:55 AM
Using this season's averages to debate my point about Iverson's career as a whole... :sleeping

This season the PG play for Denver has been buttcheeks. With Iverson as part of the platoon at that spot that does make him a part of the problem.

i thought this thread was about how AI was ruining melo's career this year. my bust.

the even bigger black guy
12-20-2007, 03:40 AM
Joe Wait has returned? I thought we'd never see this racist claiming to be a medical doctor who weighs around 300lbs.

best part is i told everyone about joe wait being fat in 2004 and he tried to deny it. now it's common knowledge.

dorellcookwade
12-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Iverson isn't ruining Melo's career, Melo's in a slump and needs to pick himself up.

Cannonball
12-20-2007, 03:58 AM
AI ruined Eric Snow and Todd McCollah's (din't know exact spelling) career as well...
:wtf:

evinecz
12-20-2007, 04:10 AM
iverson isnt ruinin anyones career... melo just sucks....i lol at people who thought melo>ai...iverson is just simply better and is a better leader... melo does nothin but score and grab few rebounds...

w00terz
12-20-2007, 04:26 AM
iverson isnt ruinin anyones career... melo just sucks....i lol at people who thought melo>ai...iverson is just simply better and is a better leader... melo does nothin but score and grab few rebounds...

:lol: Evinecz chiming in for his daily AI praise.

RidonKs
12-20-2007, 04:27 AM
It's not directly Iverson's fault, although indirectly, he plays his part. It's George Karl's fault more than anyone's. Give Melo the ball in the same place you've been giving it to him over the past year when he was [consistently] playing the role of most efficient scorer in the league, and maybe you'll get those past results. Catching the ball 25 feet from the basket is doing nothing to help Melo's game.

RoseCity07
12-20-2007, 04:31 AM
I am actually being serious. AI has exposed 'Melo as a one-dimensional chucker. This is 31 year old AI's team. AIs got the game and experience to lead this team. If 'Melo's not chucking, he's not helping. Even though he's usually not helping when he's chucking either, but you get my point...

Wow, I'm actually siding with AI?! That's crazy man, but it's clear that 'Melo is overrated.

What can the Nuggets get for 'Melo? They surely can get more than 75 cents on the dollar, given 'Melo's "overratedness" right now. Maybe they could get some players who actually play D, rebound, pass the ball and do more than jack up shots.

Melo for Deng

Finn T-Mac
12-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Iverson is ruining Carmelo's career

If thats the case then maybe Carmelo ain't as good as everyone thinks.

There's over 100 points to make in every game and I really don't think Carmelo would avarage much more even if Iverson wouldn't be there. And every great team has had atleast two or even three stars, so why would Iverson and Melo be any different. I think it has worked out well between those two and it will continue like that in the future. Just play some D every now and then.

Finn T-Mac
12-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Melo for Deng

:hammerhead:

ChrisConley
12-20-2007, 04:43 AM
It's not directly Iverson's fault, although indirectly, he plays his part. It's George Karl's fault more than anyone's. Give Melo the ball in the same place you've been giving it to him over the past year when he was [consistently] playing the role of most efficient scorer in the league, and maybe you'll get those past results. Catching the ball 25 feet from the basket is doing nothing to help Melo's game.

everyone's fault but melo. you make it sound like he can only score from two places on the floor and no one is getting it to him in those two places. as he showed in the fiba qualifier, he can score from anywhere. he is potentially nasty from anywhere. even with the slump (went 4/17 from 3pt land in last 6 games) he's shooting the best 3pt percentage since his rookie year. and he is getting the ball underneath he's just bringing it weak as hell. in that last loss to portland, he got blocked inside of 5 feet at least 4 times. there's no way you can blame that on karl or iverson.

Da KO King
12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm so sick of hearing the AI haters with this same hackneyed f*cking line. People like to degrade AI's play and say "he scores 30 and does absolutely nothing for his team." Really? So he scores his 30 points all on his own and then the rest of the game the only time someone else on the team scores if they pick up his scraps? No, it isn't like that. Basketball goes beyond simple stats. The entire offense of the 76ers revolved around AI. Even if he didn't get assists, he got indirectly "assisted" his team...

Stop with this f*cking nonsense.
First, I never used a statistics to explain my comments about Iverson. If I did want to use stats I don't see how you can argue against Iverson's career averages of 28 points on 23 shots.

Second your "hockey assist" scenario has no bearing on my point. Iverson throughout his career has been a guy that kill offensive flow.

That's why in coaching clinics Jim O'Brien and Larry Brown both indirectly but blatantly reference Al Iverson in a negative manner. They both talk about players putting themselves and their scoring numbers in front of team efficiency.

When players literally stand around watching a guy cause they have no clue what he's about to do (finish the play to completion or break it off) the guy with the rock is a problem.

As for the Nuggs and Carmelo's problem this year... (Note that I'm not exclusively blaming Iverson)

PG play for the team has been butt-cheeks. They are no longer EFFECTIVELY getting into their transition offense. Carmelo is no longer getting accurate post entry passes. Also when he does get a post pass the defense is doubling Carmelo to force the post kick out pass (doubling for turnovers versus for the kick out are two different things). It's an effective tactic because the team is playing impatient basketball with little ball/player movement so Carmelo isn't getting a re-post chance.

Diesel J
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
It's George Karl's fault more than anyone's. Give Melo the ball in the same place you've been giving it to him over the past year when he was [consistently] playing the role of most efficient scorer in the league

when the F was this?:lol: :wtf:

Optimus Prime
12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
I respect your opinion Ridonks, but I'm getting a bit tired of this free pass that 'Melo is getting. All of a sudden, it's Karl's fault the Nugz and 'Melo are underperforming. Is Karl the one out there bricking shots and not playing D or bringing anything useful to the team? Nope, it's 'Melo.

Maybe Karl isn't a great coach, but it certainly is on a star player to perform at the level they are supposed to. And 'Melo certainly isn't doing his part.

Richie2k6
12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
when the F was this?:lol: :wtf:
Are you serious? Melo was the most consistent scorer in the league last year before his suspension and Iverson came. Even after Iverson came. 20+ was nothing to him. Consistency to the max. Always brought 20+/5+/3+.

Richie2k6
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
And another thing to add: Melo is posting up less and less often. He Gets his clearouts on the wing and chooses to pull up rather than post up more often. He's taking more threes, too, and though they're falling, his percentage from beyond the arc is nothing special at all. And even when he does attack the rim, he hardly gets "superstar" calls like most other players do. It's almost as if he still has to earn the respect of the refs to get some calls down low like Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Iverson, etc. He's been getting the ball in his places, he's just not doing the right thing with it. And when he does, the shot just doesn't fall. He even misses some layups lately. It's easily visible that he's in a slump, and yes, Iverson has a factor in that, but in a much smaller way than people think. His impact on Melo's shooting troubles is almost non-existant. Melo's just been in a slump. Nothing much has changed from what he's been doing except less posting up, he's just missing shots.

evinecz
12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
:lol: Evinecz chiming in for his daily AI praise.
:)

Im so nba'd out
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Yet people think if carmelo had a russel westbrook type player he would be in the finals every year.
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/684utw.gifhttp://gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/684utw.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/684utw.gifhttp://gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/684utw.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/684utw.gif

riseagainst
06-10-2014, 12:31 PM
:lol
:roll:

ImKobe
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
AI & Melo were a poor man's version of Russ & KD + 100x worse chemistry.