PDA

View Full Version : Prime Grant Hill vs. Prime Kobe Bryant

blasian
12-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Who's better?

BIZARRO
12-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Who's better?

There was a thread like this a couple of weeks ago.

Loved Grant back in the day, and some people on here will tell you Grant.

But, c'mon...it's Kobe. IMO end thread.

DirtBag
12-20-2007, 05:20 PM
1 on 1 Kobe, Leading a team Hill

Optimus Prime
12-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh...another VS thread.

:banghead:

kgisbigticket
12-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Great Players, but neither have either led a team out of the first round. But Hill is the type to make others better though.

blasian
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh...another VS thread.

:banghead:

LOL, i'm kind of new to these boards and I'm too lazy to search through the older threads...

ConanRulesNBC
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
It's hard to tell because Grant Hill was just starting to enter his prime when he got injured. But.... I'd take "prime" Grant Hill on my team over Kobe.

Optimus Prime
12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
That's not the problem...

The thing is, VS threads are pointless, and they just break down into a flame war. Isn't there anything else more...interesting and pertinent to discuss in the ENTIRE NBA than MJ VS Kobe, LeBron VS Kobe, MJ VS LeBron, etc.

It's really old and really annoying. Nothing good can come of this.

LOL, i'm kind of new to these boards and I'm too lazy to search through the older threads...

dhenk
12-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Prime Matt Bonner vs Prime Brian Scalabrine

who`s better?

Killer_Instinct
12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Is this a serious question?

dejordan
12-20-2007, 05:48 PM

who`s better?
most of the posters here are too young to realize that neither of them hold a candle to prime tom tolbert. the way he carried timbug, mullin, and mitch ... damn.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Great Players, but neither have either led a team out of the first round. But Hill is the type to make others better though.

yeah like kg took the wolves to playoffs last couple of years...you are right.....

dhenk
12-20-2007, 06:12 PM
most of the posters here are too young to realize that neither of them hold a candle to prime tom tolbert. the way he carried timbug, mullin, and mitch ... damn.

I was talking about today`s superstars...

If we`re talking about the GOAT, I`d throw Greg Kite in...

kgisbigticket
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
yeah like kg took the wolves to playoffs last couple of years...you are right.....

Stay on topic. Besides, Kobe can't even get out of the first round with the GOAT coach as the best player on his team. Kobe could only win with prime Shaq, while Wade won with over the hill Shaq. Kobe had Odom and Butler with Rudy T as coach and won 34 games and missed the playoffs. When Wade had Odom and Butler he won 42 games and got to the 2nd round.
The talent Kobe has had on his team the past few years is double what KG had. KG led teams to 50 wins with Hudson as the next best player and Flip as coach. Give Kobe a coach like Flip instead of Phil and the team wins less than 20 games.

bleedinpurpleTwo
12-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I was talking about today`s superstars...

If we`re talking about the GOAT, I`d throw Greg Kite in...

really? over Mark Madsen?

Noob Saibot
12-20-2007, 06:34 PM
prime Grant Hill babay! :pimp:

gb8
12-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Give me prime olden polynice over any player ever.

XxNeXuSxX
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM

who`s better?
Not even close.

evinecz
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
kobe duh:hammerhead:

Da KO King
12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Give me prime olden polynice over any player ever.
Frank Brickowski >>>>> Olden Polynice >>>>> everyone else

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Stay on topic. Besides, Kobe can't even get out of the first round with the GOAT coach as the best player on his team. Kobe could only win with prime Shaq, while Wade won with over the hill Shaq. Kobe had Odom and Butler with Rudy T as coach and won 34 games and missed the playoffs. When Wade had Odom and Butler he won 42 games and got to the 2nd round.
The talent Kobe has had on his team the past few years is double what KG had. KG led teams to 50 wins with Hudson as the next best player and Flip as coach. Give Kobe a coach like Flip instead of Phil and the team wins less than 20 games.

ohh yeah??? where did ricky davis go? and when did KG won 50 games?

do you watch lakers basketball or just make statements up? go and look how many games odom, butler and kobe himself missed when they were togheter under rudy T

Also whats important??? taking a team to playoffs or getting out of first round? if you cant differentiate between the 2 ...then you have have a head problem

When Shaq won in heat...they had tons of good players ...like zo,haslem and posey........

now get off kg's balls

Bond007
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
this VS stuff is a waste of time and usually becomes personal. Anyway i like Grant Gil he is a classy guy but please kobe is in a different league...

Bond007
12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Great players have to be surrounded with the right talent to contend and thats a fact. I dont think its totally fair to say that if a star can't bring his team deep in the playoffs he is a loser. Injuries, lack of talent etc. play a huge role. Look at the Heat now 2 years ago they were champs today they are trash. Thats a team with Shaq & Wade etc. So does this mean wade sucks? Lets look at denver too Iverson & Melo and very good talent around them but this team is Mediocre at best , does that mean AI , Melo sucks? anyway i hope u guys caught my drift

baseketball4life
12-20-2007, 07:29 PM
kb24

CavaliersFTW
05-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Quite a few people picking Grant Hill, interesting :applause:

gengiskhan
05-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Peak Prime Grant Hill. :bowdown:

Taller, better playmaker, better rebounder, better passer, better Bball IQ, better court vision.

instantly made teammates around him better.

dh144498
05-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Peak Prime Grant Hill. :bowdown:

Taller, better playmaker, better rebounder, better passer, better Bball IQ, better court vision.

instantly made teammates around him better.

:lol

good one, I forgot to laugh.

kNicKz
05-31-2013, 04:17 PM
:roll:

Deuce Bigalow
05-31-2013, 04:18 PM
:biggums:

gengiskhan
05-31-2013, 04:30 PM
:lol

good one, I forgot to laugh.

Not your fault. Every kobe'tard is on a suicide watch list because of LBJ heroics.

forgetting to laugh is the first of many symptoms to come.

dh144498
05-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Not your fault. Every kobe'tard is on a suicide watch list because of LBJ heroics.

forgetting to laugh is the first of many symptoms to come.

:biggums:

and this is tied to the thread/Grant Hill/Kobe how?

dat logic.

SamuraiSWISH
05-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Easily prime Kobe (2001 - 2013) ... that's a long ass stretch of time of being all NBA 1st team caliber. Had a three year stretch of being the best individual talent in the league (2006 - 2008), and two years after that battling with a now in his prime LeBron James.

Hill for no stretch of time was the singular greatest talent or player in the league. Either getting shown up by fadeaway MJ, Karl Malone, or Shaq.

Kobe is absolutely the best guard not named MJ. Grant Hill is like a poor man's LeBron.

So it's basically inferior MJ v.s. inferior LeBron, and I'm taking Mike's apprentice in this comparison.

That isn't to say Hill is no slouch, however. I'd rather have prime Hill over the likes of Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, etc.

Only other SF not names LeBron that I would take over prime Hill is a healthy prime Tracy McGrady.

Xiao Yao You
06-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Grant

secund2nun
06-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Hill easily. Kobe is very overrated.

Scholar
06-01-2013, 03:11 AM
That's not the problem...

The thing is, VS threads are pointless, and they just break down into a flame war. Isn't there anything else more...interesting and pertinent to discuss in the ENTIRE NBA than MJ VS Kobe, LeBron VS Kobe, MJ VS LeBron, etc.

It's really old and really annoying. Nothing good can come of this.

Nearing 6 yrs and this post is still relevant today.

Magic 32
06-01-2013, 03:38 AM
Kobe could only win with prime Shaq, while Wade won with over the hill Shaq. Kobe had Odom and Butler with Rudy T as coach and won 34 games and missed the playoffs. When Wade had Odom and Butler he won 42 games and got to the 2nd round.

There is so much fail here it's amazing. :roll: