PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley- NBA position, expectations and comparisons

VCMVP1551
12-28-2007, 02:32 AM
First of all what do you think Beasley's best position in the NBA would be? Who does his game remind you of the most and what numbers do you expect from him his rookie year? I think he will be at Small Forward In The NBA, He reminds me of Carmelo Anthony and a bit of Zach Randolph. As far as numbers I expect 18-20 ppg and 5-6 rpg. He will probably be the number 1 pick.

hateraid
12-28-2007, 02:47 AM
*waits for people to finish reading NBAdraft.net to post his comparison to Carmelo Anthony.*

eeeeeebro
12-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Beasley probably could be SF or PF he shoots 3s very good.

Make It Rain
12-28-2007, 02:56 AM
Actually, he reminds me a lot of Al Thornton. He DOES play a lot like Melo except less athletic.

VCMVP1551
12-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Actually, he reminds me a lot of Al Thornton. He DOES play a lot like Melo except less athletic.

I actually think he might be more athletic.

applejoe
12-28-2007, 03:02 AM
I can see him come in and make an impact right away as a more athletic version of rookie Toni Kukoc. The kid can do it all and should be able to contribute in different areas across the board the way Kukoc did coming in as a rookie. If given the freedom Durant currently has, he should be able to average 16+ points while being schooled on defense. He doesn't have the shot Durant has to score consistently, but his body should allow him to keep up with the NBA players.

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2007, 06:45 AM
I see we learned nothing from the dunk contest video. You get an F for the day.

GOBB
12-28-2007, 08:03 AM
How does he play like Carmelo Anthony? Beasley doesnt have the range beyond the arc, midrange game, ball handling skills Carmelo does. He scores closer to the basket more than Carmelo...and the reason I'm not totally sold on him and want to see more is due to his competition faced. He really doesnt display much interior scoring if you watch him put up pts.

Beasley is a better rebounder than Carmelo Anthony.

But yeah he plays exactly like Carmelo...you kids stay off nbadraft.net please

FOYE4MVP
12-28-2007, 08:03 AM
he'll probably play SF here. beasly is a beast. nuff said.
im comparing him with glen robinson.

wang4three
12-28-2007, 08:29 AM
A more athletic Ryan Gomes but smaller frame.

Thorpesaurous
12-28-2007, 08:31 AM
He's a power three, and Melo is the closest thing to that in the league at the moment, having a lot to do with the league going smaller and quicker. Melo is the best post up SF in the league. But he doesn't have the perimeter midrange shooting game Melo does, and he's not as refined with the ball. So he gets a lot of stronger Melo comps, or smoother Kenyon Martin comps.

While he's obviously not at this level, there's a lot of young Barkley in his game. Before Charles expanded his jumper. I have a feeling with the state of the league as it is, with a lot of guys playing up a position, he could have a big impact if he goes somewhere that'll put him at the three. He'll be a post presence every night, and be drawing doubles against most threes in the league from the block from day one. A lot of that depends on if he can pick up defensively at that spot, which he can certainly do physically, and weather he shows he has the head to read double teams. But strictly from a physical point of view, he's ready to play that spot now.

Da KO King
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
The guy Mike Beasley currently reminds me of most is Chris Bosh.

Both are guys who beats smaller defenders in the post with little more than turning and shooting. When up against defenders their size or bigger both draft to the perimeter and look to pump and go.

Both lack the mid-range/slashing game to defeat the second defender that comes running at them; and can be contain in the post if that smaller defender has good arm length and/or strength.

Note: I reserve the right to change my comparison when he faces some actual tough competition.

RidonKs
12-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I haven't even seen him play before, but just from reading through this thread, the first name that jumps out at me for a comparison is Ron Artest. Speaking only on offense of course. Anyone agree?

Uchiha_Hai
12-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Never heard of him....The draft coming up is a weak one. Only guy I heard that had a some sort of slight potential coming out of this upcoming draft was OJ Mayo, and that I'm not even so sure of. He dosen't look like a franchise guy that can lead a team; a lot like Melo.

Interminator
12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Beasley is 6ft9 230lb.

He's a college PF but he'll be a SF in the NBA,Hes not a SF who will be on the wing all game and he'll mostly be around the basket.

I havent really seen him to have the blow by move Melo has when hes backing down to get to the basket,Beasley usually just turns to draw foul or he hits the shot off the glass.

He has to work on his ballhandling,and his mid range and 3 point shot to become an All Star.But from the way I've seen him play in college,he should average 16/8 for his career if he doesnt develop other shots.

Im going to say this again,Beasley will clash with almost every coach he will have in the NBA,he believes he is a star but when the ball isnt in his hands he gets frustrated.

He is possibly the worst of the ball player in college basketball.He doesnt move he just commands the ball and goes up un-aggresively for the offensive rebound.

kumquat
12-28-2007, 11:59 AM
whoever takes him up top of the draft is going to be severely disappointed, dudes stats are overblown and he's getting overrated by the media.

glidedrxlr22
12-28-2007, 12:04 PM
He reminds me of Rodney Rogers but 100x better.

Lebron23
12-28-2007, 12:07 PM
He reminds me of a Prime Derrick Coleman with a little mix of Glenn Robinson.

Efunk7
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I haven't even seen him play before, but just from reading through this thread, the first name that jumps out at me for a comparison is Ron Artest. Speaking only on offense of course. Anyone agree?

How the f.uck are people gonna make comparisons when they haven't seen someone play...he's nothing like ron artest...i read a comparison online somewhere comparing hi to derrick coleman and i like that comparison...

Efunk7
12-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Never heard of him....The draft coming up is a weak one. Only guy I heard that had a some sort of slight potential coming out of this upcoming draft was OJ Mayo, and that I'm not even so sure of. He dosen't look like a franchise guy that can lead a team; a lot like Melo.

wow...somebody doesn't watch basketball...this is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory assuming the top freshmen come out - rose, beasley, mayo, gordon, bayless, donte greene, deandre jordan, budinger, augustin, collison, the list goes on and on...pay attention, damn...

Interminator
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
whoever takes him up top of the draft is going to be severely disappointed, dudes stats are overblown and he's getting overrated by the media.
The team will be severely disappointed not because he wont average his college numbers in the NBA but because he will clash with every coach he comes in contact with.

But like I said he looks like a solid 16/8 guy in his rookie year in Minnesota,he could maybe get it 20/10 at some point in his career but he has to grow up and make the effort to get better as a basketball player than as a physical specimen.

Most college players work out,get in shape,and work on their game,whether developing a mid range shot like Glen Davis did last season,or learning better footwork in the post under their position coach.

Mike Beasley hits the weights,and hits the weights,hits the weights,and then gets tatted.
Has anybody else noticed it from how his game hasnt developed other than what he does now since his SO yr in HS,but over time hes gotten more and more muscular and had 1 or 2 new tats each season.

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Anyone else seeing similarity to Shawn Marion? He's got more skill than that, but with the athleticism that enables him to play like a big even though he's not really a big I see some similarity...or maybe Antwan Jamison. Tough to compare him.

l0ssr3c0rd
12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
A smarter Lebron James.

Thorpesaurous
12-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Marion, Coleman, and Artest all have too many ball skills in my opinion. This guy can face up from about 15 feet, and blow by because of his quickness, but he's not ready to handle in open space yet, short of just barrelling down court. Rodney Rogers had too much three point game. That's about all he had for those last few years.

But everyone's got a point, they've all got some elements that Beasley seems to have.

I'm not sure I buy the 6-9 by the way. Anyone ever see him in person?

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I've never seen Marion as a skilled ballhandler. Am I wrong?

hateraid
12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Marion, Coleman, and Artest all have too many ball skills in my opinion. This guy can face up from about 15 feet, and blow by because of his quickness, but he's not ready to handle in open space yet, short of just barrelling down court. Rodney Rogers had too much three point game. That's about all he had for those last few years.

But everyone's got a point, they've all got some elements that Beasley seems to have.

Mostly youtube and a few of highlight clips.
I actually wanna say a lengthier Jamal Mashburn. But Mashburn wasn't as solid of a rebounder (although Mash did average over 7 in his Hornet days). But I'll go with Mashburn as my best comparison.

VCMVP1551
12-28-2007, 01:54 PM

II didn't think Durant would be 6'9" either but he was a legit 6'9" at the pre-draft camp. As far as Beasley I've heard he's more lik6 6'7"-6'8". I like the Jamal Mashburn comparison a lot.

Interminator
12-28-2007, 02:04 PM
II didn't think Durant would be 6'9" either but he was a legit 6'9" at the pre-draft camp. As far as Beasley I've heard he's more lik6 6'7"-6'8". I like the Jamal Mashburn comparison a lot.
Beasley is a true 6ft8,I saw him on the court of one of his games at Oak Hill when he was a JR.
Im 6ft4 and he looked to be about 3-5 inches taller than me if we were side by side.

Im actually shocked they list him at 230 lbs,I really think hes in the 240-245 lbs range

VCMVP1551
12-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Beasley is a true 6ft8,I saw him on the court of one of his games at Oak Hill when he was a JR.
Im 6ft4 and he looked to be about 3-5 inches taller than me if we were side by side.

Im actually shocked they list him at 230 lbs,I really think hes in the 240-245 lbs range

Weight is often downplayed. Carmelo was already over the 230 he is now listed even at the 2003 pre-draft camp. Pretty cool you saw him in person though.

hateraid
12-28-2007, 02:12 PM

- Both 6'8
- Both extend to the 3 point range and have respectable %'s
- Both have a quick first step.
- Both like to pull up mid range.
- Both have interior scoring capabilty but prefer to face up
- Mash did seemingly play big in college and adjusted once he hit the NBA.

Again Jamal's ability to rebound may not be on par, but that is yet to be seen once Beasley hit the NBA.

Sidenote, Mashburn ended his career with the Sixers, Beasley will start his career with the same.:)

Kiddlovesnets
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Next KG?

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Next KG?
Almost no similarity whatsoever.

thenextgreatbigman
12-28-2007, 03:12 PM
First of all what do you think Beasley's best position in the NBA would be? Who does his game remind you of the most and what numbers do you expect from him his rookie year? I think he will be at Small Forward In The NBA, He reminds me of Carmelo Anthony and a bit of Zach Randolph. As far as numbers I expect 18-20 ppg and 5-6 rpg. He will probably be the number 1 pick.
Wow you're an expert. and you came up with that how? have you even watched him play?

VCMVP1551
12-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Wow you're an expert. and you came up with that how? have you even watched him play?

Yeah as a matter of a fact I watch him play everytime he is on tv.

thenextgreatbigman
12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah as a matter of a fact I watch him play everytime he is on tv.
so you're telling me you see this http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXQ5bA0eH0Y when you watch him play?

hateraid
12-28-2007, 03:34 PM
so you're telling me you see this http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXQ5bA0eH0Y when you watch him play?

What song is that? Killer beat.

Thorpesaurous
12-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Mashburn is a good call, but he's got too much Point Forward to me too. I must admit, that in spite of his 3%, I really don't see him as a shooter. Maybe it's because he only takes about three a game, which at the college level isn't a ton. Or because he shoots under 70% from the FT line. I know that I don't trust his handle in a control the ball situation, which is different than his ability to break people down. He may be closer to Marion thinking it over. So whoever said that, good call (RMWG?).

I just read the name Laphonso Ellis, which I could see as a low end comp. Mid range catch and shoot is ok, going by guys is the first preference, and physically it's in his nature to crash the boards.

hateraid
12-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Mashburn is a good call, but he's got too much Point Forward to me too. I must admit, that in spite of his 3%, I really don't see him as a shooter. Maybe it's because he only takes about three a game, which at the college level isn't a ton. Or because he shoots under 70% from the FT line. I know that I don't trust his handle in a control the ball situation, which is different than his ability to break people down. He may be closer to Marion thinking it over. So whoever said that, good call (RMWG?).

I just read the name Laphonso Ellis, which I could see as a low end comp. Mid range catch and shoot is ok, going by guys is the first preference, and physically it's in his nature to crash the boards.

With the comparison to Marion is that Marion isn't great at creating off the dribble. Something that Beasley is highy touted for. Also Marion's ability to gaurd both the perimeter and interior. Beasley needs to put more commitment into defense. Granted, he's blocking shots now against lower level comp, like everybody says, we'll see what he does with larger more stronger opponents. isee the athleticism and the lengthiness but it stops there for me.

Lebron23
01-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Next KG?

Nexts Timberwolves franchise player. I hope he take this team into the NBA Finals so he would probably surpass Kevin Garnett as the best player to ever wear the Wolves Jersey.

F*ck Kevin Garnett

Beasley is the real deal

Lebron23
01-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Records are set in 85-25 rout

January 8, 2008

MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Kansas State set two NCAA records and tied another Monday night by holding Savannah State to one field goal and four points in the second half of an 85-25 rout.

"I've never seen that. That was crazy," Kansas State forward Michael Beasley said. "That just was not good."

Kansas State (10-4) hounded the Tigers on the perimeter and pushed them away from the basket from the opening tip, holding them without a field goal during a seven-minute span of the first half to build a 16-point lead.

But that was nothing.

Savannah State (8-13) missed its first 15 shots of the second half, falling behind, 72-22, and finished the second half one for 23 (4.3%) from the field, breaking the NCAA record for worst shooting percentage and fewest points in a half since the shot clock was first introduced in 1986.

The one field goal by Savannah State also tied the mark for fewest in a half.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-bkcsep8jan08,1,7948613.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-sports

Michael Beasley - 25 pts, 10 rebs, 2 blks, 1 steals ( 28 min)

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Nexts Timberwolves franchise player. I hope he take this team into the NBA Finals so he would probably surpass Kevin Garnett as the best player to ever wear the Wolves Jersey.

F*ck Kevin Garnett

Beasley is the real deal
So...a 'tweener forward is somehow going to be a better player than a guy that won an MVP award? Beasley has potential, could be a great player, but this is idiotic. Beasley won't even be better than Al Jefferson next year.

Lebron23
01-08-2008, 07:31 AM
So...a 'tweener forward is somehow going to be a better player than a guy that won an MVP award? Beasley has potential, could be a great player, but this is idiotic. Beasley won't even be better than Al Jefferson next year.

Jefferson is not even a franchise player he is just like the PF/C version of Ricky Davis ( Cavs Circa 2002-03 NBA Season). He is getting some nice stats because he is playing with a lottery team that has no chance to make it in the playoffs this year.

Beasley would be putting up better numbers than Al Jefferson nexts season, and he is certainly on the verge to become one of the bests SF of all time.

Beasley = No.1 scoring Option
Jefferson= Sidekick

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Jefferson is not even a franchise player he is just like the PF/C version of Ricky Davis ( Cavs Circa 2002-03 NBA Season). He is getting some nice stats because he is playing with a lottery team that has no chance to make it in the playoffs this year.
You don't get 20 points and 12 rebounds per game by accident. You act like he's just chucking his way to stats when he's shooting 49% and only averages 2 turnovers. This is just ignorant. Kevin Garnett lead Minnie to the lottery for the last two years, and now Al Jefferson, at the age of 23, is supposed to do better with even less veterans?

Beasley would be putting up better numbers than Al Jefferson nexts season, and he is certainly on the verge to become one of the bests SF of all time.
How's Kevin Durant doing right now? Scoring average, rebounding average, FG percentage, all have dropped significantly. This is how it works: Statistics drop between college and the NBA because the NBA is tougher than college. And when's the last time a 19 year-old basketball player did better than 20 and 12? You'd have to go back to Magic. Beasley may become better than Jefferson in the far future but he won't be next season.

Beasley = No.1 scoring Option
Sure...in college.

loot
01-08-2008, 08:01 AM

Yeah don't compare him to Melo, compare him to Gelnn..... Melo = Glenn fyi...

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2008, 08:06 AM
This comparison should be dead. Anthony is a far better ballhandler, doesn't shoot from distance nearly as well, and is in better shape.

RIP CITY
01-08-2008, 08:19 AM
I have only seen the two videos posted in the Bealsey/Mayo/Rose thread, haven't seen him play in College yet. From watching those, he reminds me of Charlie Villanueva who is a SF-PF, so that's my guess on his position. I would have to see him more to really evaluate his game, maybe come up with a different comparison.

Da KO King
01-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Something that I'm starting to notice a bit with Beasley is that his footwork isn't great and is actually hindering his athleticism.

In controlled situations (lay-up lines, dunk contest, etc.) he's a phenominal athlete. Yet when you watch him in games that athleticism is not obvious.

GOBB
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
I wanna see him and Blake Griffin square off. Jan 12th and Jan 19t vs Texas A & M. Xaiver shut that ass down.

Human Error
01-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Beasley reminds me of LaPhonso Ellis, a bit of a tweener but can play both positions effectively. Not as athletic as LaPhonso though.

Human Error
01-08-2008, 12:04 PM
One of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen.

Beasley isn't even that skilled at this point. He's proving that he can score in college level but who in the NBA hasn't?

BIZARRO
01-08-2008, 12:25 PM

Yeah, I'd say a more athletic Glenn Robinson. (But he isn't the college player the Big Dog was)

With equally questionable attitude as the Big Dog too.

Though I have NO idea, and could be completely wrong; if I had a gun to my head, I'd say he ain't gonna ever win s***.

Project him at his peak at 24 and 10 however.

Lebron23
03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
He was measured at 6-10 in his shoes with a 7'0.5 wing span last summer, and I personally think that he could be an effective SF in the NBA if the Heat/Wolves/Grizzlies would drafted him as the first overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

He is currently having one of the best individual season in the NCAA Tournament, and their is no doubt in my mind that he is indeed the no.1 prospect in the NBA Draft because he already have an NBA Body, and skills to become a dominant player in the League.

Beasley is leading the NCAA Tournament in Double Double Production, and he is one of the best rebounding College Freshmen in the last 5 years.

If you average double doubles in college, it means you're ready for the NBA unless his coaching staff will not give him minutes in his rookie season, and he ends up being the next Kurt Thomas instead of being a better version of Glenn Robinson, and Derrick Coleman.

He is already a much better defensive player than Kevin Durant, and he is not a ballhog compared to the former 2nd overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft.

Beasley is also a much stronger athlete than Durant, and i can see him toe to toe againts some of the best big men in the NBA today because he was gifted with a longer wingspan, and He also have a very decent vertical leap for a guy that is listed at 6-10.

I expect him to become an NBA ALL STAR in the 2010-2011 Season, and possibly the franchise player of the lottery team that would draft him in June.

2007-08 NCAA STATS

26.9 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1.7 BPG

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36671

VCMVP1551
03-08-2008, 02:17 AM
He was measured at 6-10 in his shoes with a 7'0.5 wing span last summer, and I personally think that he could be an effective SF in the NBA if the Heat/Wolves/Grizzlies would drafted him as the first overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

He is currently having one of the best individual season in the NCAA Tournament, and their is no doubt in my mind that he is indeed the no.1 prospect in the NBA Draft because he already have an NBA Body, and skills to become a dominant player in the League.

Beasley is leading the NCAA Tournament in Double Double Production, and he is one of the best rebounding College Freshmen in the last 5 years.

If you average double doubles in college, it means you're ready for the NBA unless his coaching staff will not give him minutes in his rookie season, and he ends up being the next Kurt Thomas instead of being a better version of Glenn Robinson, and Derrick Coleman.

He is already a much better defensive player than Kevin Durant, and he is not a ballhog compared to the former 2nd overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft.

Beasley is also a much stronger athlete than Durant, and i can see him toe to toe againts some of the best big men in the NBA today because he was gifted with a longer wingspan, and He also have a very decent vertical leap for a guy that is listed at 6-10.

I expect him to become an NBA ALL STAR in the 2010-2011 Season, and possibly the franchise player of the lottery team that would draft him in June.

2007-08 NCAA STATS

26.9 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1.7 BPG

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36671

He will have his struggles like Durant but he will also probably average 18-20 ppg and 5-6 boards his rookie season. I thought he measured just 6-9 in shoes with only a 7-0 wingspan though. Durant has a 7-5 wingspan.

monthh
03-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Beasley has all the ability you can want in a player at his age. I like the Marion comparison better, but Beasley is a more talented scorer. I think if you took Marion's career stats of 18ppg/10rpg/2spg/1bpg/51%/34%3 and add 4 or 5 more points then you have Beasley's numbers if he reaches his potential. I know watching him right now may not make you a believer, but you are talking about a guy who is 5 years away from his prime.

The biggest question I have about Beasley is if he will take the game seriously enough and listen to coaches to ever reach his potential. Just using his natural ability, this guy is a 16 and 8 player right away. I think despite his lack of maturity, this guy isn't actually a huge risk on the court. He does not seem like a bad kid at all, and I don't think will be a Ron Artest type of distraction, but with millions of dollars and all of his friends around I think he may be more interested in other things besides becoming the best player he can be.

danumber88
03-08-2008, 01:32 PM
If Beasly stayed near the wing in his NBA season it would ruin his game, hes more the kind of guy near the basket

jamal99
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I watched his games at U-19 championship in Serbia and coach pushed him too near to the basket. I mean that he could beat every player on championship with his athletecism, but he wasn't using it well, cuz he wasn't trying his best...

monthh
03-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Like every other player, you are more likely to make shots the closer you are to the basket. If he plays inside Beasley would be much more effecient. However, teams would also be able to stop him with defensive matchups because they what he is going to do. Having an outside shot already makes him that much more ungaurdable.

Having something beyond your stregth is what makes a good player great. For example, Shaq could have still dominated inside, but his passing ability made him that much more dominate because you couldn't just triple-team him and force him into a bad shot because he would find an open man. Shooting the 3 is the best way to make a good forward that much better.

danumber88
03-12-2008, 09:44 AM
He reminds me of Antawn jamison for some reason.. Carmelo is faster than Beasly thats why

jamal99
03-13-2008, 10:00 AM
He will have his struggles like Durant but he will also probably average 18-20 ppg and 5-6 boards his rookie season. I thought he measured just 6-9 in shoes with only a 7-0 wingspan though. Durant has a 7-5 wingspan.
7-5 fu*king wingspan??? Im almost tall 7'1 and i have wingspan around 6-9!!
LOL

Cohnman15
03-13-2008, 11:07 AM
I think Antonie Walker (in his prime on the celtics) is a good comparison. They both handle the ball well, have range on their shots, rebound well, and have good inside moves.

A.M.G.
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
If he is a legit 6`9, 230, he will see a lot of time at PF. I`m just sayin. He looks a little slow to defend some of the quicker SFs in the NBA.

monthh
03-20-2008, 02:12 AM
I would call him a tweener, but I think he is actually more of a combo-forward. He will play both forward spots depending on matchups. He is big enough to play PF, but against slower SF he will do fine as well. He will take SF inside and PF outside. That outside shot changes everything with him. If he couldn't make that shot, he is a tweener that is right there with Bill Walker as a prospect. With that shot, he is the #1 pick in the draft.

BayAreaSportz
03-21-2008, 02:19 PM

You do mean that Melo is less athletic than Beasley right? Because with all of Melo's skills, he isn't a high jumper like Lebron, Kobe, or Carter. Beasley could be the most athletic in this draft. He reminds me alot of a young Antoine Walker back in his days with Boston or Lamar Odom without the passing skills. If he lands on a team like Miami, his numbers won't be eye-popping since he'll be rebounding with Marion and scoring with Wade, so numbers like 12 and 6 wouldn't be far fetched. If he lands on a team like Minnesota who don't have much scoring and rebounding options besides Jefferson, he could easily be a 18 and 9 game in the league.

danumber88
03-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Because with all of Melo's skills, he isn't a high jumper like Lebron, Kobe, or Carter.

Actually hes a pretty good dunker..... i remember him winning a dunk contest..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pC5nl2IMDbA - hes pretty good

VCMVP1551
03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
If he is a legit 6`9, 230, he will see a lot of time at PF. I`m just sayin. He looks a little slow to defend some of the quicker SFs in the NBA.

Beasley measured 6'8" last summer and his post game will be more effective against SF IMO. He was only 18 so he could end up closer to 6'9" or 6'10" though.

gsrenagade
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
6ft 9in does not quailfiy as being too small for a powerforward. A lot of Mikes points were around the basket this year. I'm willing to say he could end up being a charles barkley type player only a little taller without as much ferocity. I'm saying a powerforward first /small forward depending on which team drafts him.

almightydavidbc
04-02-2008, 03:24 PM
i expect him to be a mix of Antawn Jamison and Glenn Robinson in their primes.

i believe he'l develop a decent nba range 3 shot and will score upwards of 22 a game

his rebounding will be solid at maybe 6-7 a game

i think he can def be a dominate player on the nba level he will at least fill up stat sheets i dont think hel ever be a face of the league type player tho, he'l be extremely good for a long time tho

i think if he gets paired with another star they can win a ship. he'l prolly need a dominate point to pair with him

bballog
04-07-2008, 05:19 PM

i think even beasley himself would be hurt by that comparison seeing as robinson was not athletic, could not block shots like Beasley, could not shoot 3s like beasley.I think if robinson 7 years ago went up against beasley NOW beasley would crush him

almightydavidbc
04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
i think even beasley himself would be hurt by that comparison seeing as robinson was not athletic, could not block shots like Beasley, could not shoot 3s like beasley.I think if robinson 7 years ago went up against beasley NOW beasley would crush him

kevin durant was also a shot blocker in college, more tahn Oden, dont knw the stats but its safe to say hes not swattin much of anything

VCMVP1551
04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
kevin durant was also a shot blocker in college, more tahn Oden, dont knw the stats but its safe to say hes not swattin much of anything

Durant is actually blocking more than 1 shot per game I thiink. Perimeter players can block shots in the NBA it's rare but it happens. Obviously Michael jordan averaged 1.6 bpg one season and Vince Carter blocked 1.5 per game his rookie year but even more surprising is that T-Mac blocked 1.9 shots per game 1 year.

Lebron23
05-23-2008, 01:04 AM
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/011/672/03F.jpg

Beasley remind me of a younger Version of the " BIG DOGG" Glenn Robinson. People forget how good Robinson was during his prime, and he is one of my favorite player in the 1990's especially, when he is playing for the Milwaukee Bucks even leading his team in the Eastern Conference back in 2001.

I think Beasley would become an upgraded version of Glenn Robinson, and i predict he is going to become one of the best all around player in the NBA.

Prime Robinson Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0VQeYKn53w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBl-nPmkHhU&feature=related

College Stats: 27.5 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.05 bpg, 1.75 spg

NBA Career Stats: 20.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.20 spg, 0.30 bpg

Lebron23
05-23-2008, 01:15 AM

Kevin Durant blocked more shoots than any other Guard in the NBA this season.

A.M.G.
05-24-2008, 04:05 PM
You know who else isn't blocking much of anything? GREG ODEN.

VCMVP1551
05-31-2008, 12:31 AM
6ft 9in does not quailfiy as being too small for a powerforward.

Beasley himself even said he's not a real power forward.

InsideHoops.com: What do you think your ideal position is in the NBA? Should we call you a small forward who is big enough to play power forward?

Michael Beasley: Yeah, I like that. Because I didn't measure at what I want to measure at.

InsideHoops.com: What did you measure at?

Michael Beasley: 6-8.

InsideHoops.com: Ah, 6-8, right on the nose?

Michael Beasley: 6-8 and a half.

http://www.insidehoops.com/beasley-interview-053008.shtml