PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter

marny_navis
12-31-2007, 07:30 PM
How is he doing this season? I don't know much about his international situation, but I'm hoping he's really good, because when Duncan's gone San Antonio need someone to step up big. What's the scouting report on him?

simasu01
12-31-2007, 09:04 PM
He's alright his team beat DKV Joventut. He plays around 30 minutes a game, scores about 14, and i think his effectiveness rating is 17.6
http://www.acb.com/jugador.php?id=B5P
there is his profile

la bomba
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
He is still young with loads of potential.Not the greatest free throw shooter but then neither is Duncan!Has great games mixed with the odd stinker.

b.jerk
12-31-2007, 10:13 PM
How is he doing this season? I don't know much about his international situation, but I'm hoping he's really good, because when Duncan's gone San Antonio need someone to step up big. What's the scouting report on him?

MVP of the supercopa, best player of the ACB and arguably the best player in the euroleague. He still scores and rebounds despite being doubled, tripled and even quadrupled teamed. The only problem I see him having in the nba is the officials like to give ticky tack fouls to international players.

simasu01
01-01-2008, 02:29 PM
MVP of the supercopa, best player of the ACB and arguably the best player in the euroleague. He still scores and rebounds despite being doubled, tripled and even quadrupled teamed. The only problem I see him having in the nba is the officials like to give ticky tack fouls to international players.

Basically a summary of him right there. Did you watch the Fiba Americas? You can see how he did there. And also brazil can still qualify for the Olympics.

b.jerk
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Basically a summary of him right there. Did you watch the Fiba Americas? You can see how he did there. And also brazil can still qualify for the Olympics.

That was months ago and it wasn't Tiago Splitter's fault Brazil failed to qualify. His team was hastily put together and poorly organized. If I recall Tiago Splitter was the most consistent player of brazil and he did all right against team USA and Argentina, it was Nene and Barbosa that were disappointments for those big games.

simasu01
01-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I didn't say he was bad, I liked the way he played. He showed a lot of energy and strength. Barbosa was alright, Nene wasn't good at all. Brazil still has a chance, don't they?

la bomba
01-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I can see you are either a TAU fan , a brazilian ,or both. How can you say he is the best player in the ACB?based on what?and of the euroleague?again based on what?I share with you the fact that splitter is a very good player,but the best in these two competitions you mention?surely just an opinion of yours.If you look at stats in the ACB he is 6th in terms of ratings.In Euroleague,9th.
As I say clear indications that we are talking of a very good player,but not the best by a bit of a stretch.

b.jerk
01-02-2008, 03:44 AM
I can see you are either a TAU fan , a brazilian ,or both. How can you say he is the best player in the ACB?based on what?and of the euroleague?again based on what?I share with you the fact that splitter is a very good player,but the best in these two competitions you mention?surely just an opinion of yours.If you look at stats in the ACB he is 6th in terms of ratings.In Euroleague,9th.
As I say clear indications that we are talking of a very good player,but not the best by a bit of a stretch.

Being ranked sixth and ninth does require best player consideration and I believe he leads the league in ranking per 40 minutes. Tiago Splitter lead his team behind CSKA in group A, won the supercopa and is one loss behind the leader of the ACB. What more does he have to prove? nothing against Rudy Fernandez but he's more of a statistical compiler than an impact player Tiago Splitter is. Tiago Splitter does his best when his team down and his opponent are at their offensive and defensive peak. No acb player performs better in money time than Tiago Splitter.

la bomba
01-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Being ranked sixth and ninth does require best player consideration and I believe he leads the league in ranking per 40 minutes. Tiago Splitter lead his team behind CSKA in group A, won the supercopa and is one loss behind the leader of the ACB. What more does he have to prove? nothing against Rudy Fernandez but he's more of a statistical compiler than an impact player Tiago Splitter is. Tiago Splitter does his best when his team down and his opponent are at their offensive and defensive peak. No acb player performs better in money time than Tiago Splitter.
I wasn't saying he wasn't good,I was saying that there is no way of saying he is the best,other than a personal opinion,whereas you state it as a fact.I always said in my opinion Rudy is as clutch as anyone,he carries the team a lot of times.I never categorically implied he was the best player,just that he was one of ten best european players not in nba.You said that Splitter IS the best player in ACB and arguablly THE best player in the euroleague,though I am a fan of Splitter I think that statement is a bit of a stretch,however if its your opinion I respect it as such.

b.jerk
01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
I wasn't saying he wasn't good,I was saying that there is no way of saying he is the best,other than a personal opinion,whereas you state it as a fact.I always said in my opinion Rudy is as clutch as anyone,he carries the team a lot of times.I never categorically implied he was the best player,just that he was one of ten best european players not in nba.You said that Splitter IS the best player in ACB and arguablly THE best player in the euroleague,though I am a fan of Splitter I think that statement is a bit of a stretch,however if its your opinion I respect it as such.

Tiago Splitter was the mvp of the euroleague last week of course he deserves some consideration as the best player. Tau Ceramica is spain's lead team and Splitter's been carrying them to second behind CSKA and two games out of first in the ACB. I like Rudy Fernandez there's a chance he could not adjust to the nba but I think he'll be fine. If you watched a little more international basketball you would know there are other players that can do what he does.

la bomba
01-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Tiago Splitter was the mvp of the euroleague last week of course he deserves some consideration as the best player. Tau Ceramica is spain's lead team and Splitter's been carrying them to second behind CSKA and two games out of first in the ACB. I like Rudy Fernandez there's a chance he could not adjust to the nba but I think he'll be fine. If you watched a little more international basketball you would know there are other players that can do what he does.
I watch loads of international basketball.obviously more so than you,atleast your knowledge of ACB isn't great.TAU spain's leading team?since when?I think they have won the league once!a few cups,and everytime they have made the final four in the last few editions they have been hammered!Barcelona,Madrid and DKV have a lot more history and trophies.
The are other players that can do what splitter does.Marc Gasol for example is doing so in the ACB this year,but then you don't know a lot about ACB.Gasol has better ft % better 2pt % gets more rebounds,forces more fouls and can shoot from 3.

b.jerk
01-03-2008, 06:45 AM
I watch loads of international basketball.obviously more so than you,atleast your knowledge of ACB isn't great.TAU spain's leading team?since when?I think they have won the league once!a few cups,and everytime they have made the final four in the last few editions they have been hammered!Barcelona,Madrid and DKV have a lot more history and trophies.
The are other players that can do what splitter does.Marc Gasol for example is doing so in the ACB this year,but then you don't know a lot about ACB.Gasol has better ft % better 2pt % gets more rebounds,forces more fouls and can shoot from 3.

I'll put the Marc Gasol is better Tiago Splitter comparison with my Yaniv Green is better thean Nicola Vujcic comparison, come on be serious for once.

la bomba
01-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I'll put the Marc Gasol is better Tiago Splitter comparison with my Yaniv Green is better thean Nicola Vujcic comparison, come on be serious for once.
Look at the stats.I am being serious.I am not saying he is better all I am saying is his numbers are better,Gasol If you have been watching him hsa been amazing this year and you cannot dispute what i said about being a better shooter because he is.You might come up with that favourite phrase of yours about stats complier or whatever ,but what better way of knowing who is a better more effective shooter than by looking at percentages,especially from the line.
By the way real stinker in the euroleague by Splitter,mind you he only played 11 minutes.

b.jerk
01-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Look at the stats.I am being serious.I am not saying he is better all I am saying is his numbers are better,Gasol If you have been watching him hsa been amazing this year and you cannot dispute what i said about being a better shooter because he is.You might come up with that favourite phrase of yours about stats complier or whatever ,but what better way of knowing who is a better more effective shooter than by looking at percentages,especially from the line.
By the way real stinker in the euroleague by Splitter,mind you he only played 11 minutes.

It would of been unsportsmanlike for Tau Ceramica to play it's starters after the first quarter, Tau's backups were better than Prokom's starters. Saying Tiago Splitter played a stinker is misleading, if he played 25 minutes he would of easily had 20 and 10. I could make an even better argument with statistics that Yaniv Green is a better player than Nikola Vujcic and Nikola Vujcic defense is so bad that on some teams I would rather have Yaniv Green than Nikola Vujcic. Marc Gasol is a good player but could be tougher in the paint, Yaniv Green is a good player but could of been taller but saying Marc Gasol is better than Tiago Splitter is as foolish as saying Yaniv Green is better than Nikola Vujcic.

la bomba
01-05-2008, 01:02 AM
It would of been unsportsmanlike for Tau Ceramica to play it's starters after the first quarter, Tau's backups were better than Prokom's starters. Saying Tiago Splitter played a stinker is misleading, if he played 25 minutes he would of easily had 20 and 10. I could make an even better argument with statistics that Yaniv Green is a better player than Nikola Vujcic and Nikola Vujcic defense is so bad that on some teams I would rather have Yaniv Green than Nikola Vujcic. Marc Gasol is a good player but could be tougher in the paint, Yaniv Green is a good player but could of been taller but saying Marc Gasol is better than Tiago Splitter is as foolish as saying Yaniv Green is better than Nikola Vujcic.
Again i repeat i never said he was better.I said his numbers are better and he is better at certain things like shooting..Gasol is not weak,his brother is.I only brought gasol up cause you said that splitter is categorically the best player in ACB with no proof.I would rather you would have said that in your opinion he is the best player in spain.Atleast Gasol leads the rankings by a mile on mvp for ACB,I know this is only stats but in the case of splitter you have nothing but your opinion.
As for Prokom,together with brose and le mans they stink!

b.jerk
01-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Again i repeat i never said he was better.I said his numbers are better and he is better at certain things like shooting..Gasol is not weak,his brother is.I only brought gasol up cause you said that splitter is categorically the best player in ACB with no proof.I would rather you would have said that in your opinion he is the best player in spain.Atleast Gasol leads the rankings by a mile on mvp for ACB,I know this is only stats but in the case of splitter you have nothing but your opinion.
As for Prokom,together with brose and le mans they stink!

He was the mvp of the supercopa and he's carrying spain's flag team Tau Ceramica to second behind CSKA in group A, arguably the toughest basketball competition in the world and Tau Ceramica is two games from first having played the toughest schedule so far in the acb, that's evidence. You wouldn't have to use a stupid Marc Gasol comparison or personal attacks if your opinion had any merit, I'm not going to sink to that level.

la bomba
01-06-2008, 03:11 AM
He was the mvp of the supercopa and he's carrying spain's flag team Tau Ceramica to second behind CSKA in group A, arguably the toughest basketball competition in the world and Tau Ceramica is two games from first having played the toughest schedule so far in the acb, that's evidence. You wouldn't have to use a stupid Marc Gasol comparison or personal attacks if your opinion had any merit, I'm not going to sink to that level.
What personal attacks?excuse me but i have nothing but insults from you in another forum.I have never insulted you.what are you talking about?

b.jerk
01-06-2008, 07:13 AM
What personal attacks?excuse me but i have nothing but insults from you in another forum.I have never insulted you.what are you talking about?

Rudy Fernandez is a good player and will be a good addition for his nba team but there are better and less expensive players than Rudy Fernandez that will be better additions for their nba teams. Tiago Splitter is a better basketball player that will make a great team better. I'm sorry if some jerk hurt your feelings in another forum but you should move on.

The Big Three
01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Now, now, guys settle down this is just a basketball forum stop *****ing at each other.

b.jerk
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks to Nike (link here) (http://euroleaguequiz.euroleague.net/nikeid/players_gallery.html) you can now compete to design a shoe for you favorite euroleague basketball player including Tiago Splitter. Unfortunately Rudy Fernandez wasn't thought of high enough to be included on the list.

Here's my shoe Spanish Tiago.

http://render.nike.com/is/image/takeaway/nikeid.nike.com/20080110/107746716_v1_0.png?fmt=jpg&wid=222&bgColor=000000&op_usm=0.5,1.2,0&bgColor=000000

For the Spurs fans, San Antonio scouts were publicly present at a Maccabi practice to scout Omri Casspi. He hasn't played much this year but he's an incredible talent. Greg Popovich would know how to make Omri Casspi into a great player and as a basketball fan I would like to see Omri Casspi go there.

You need to use explorer to view this video of a San Antonio scout interviewed (http://www.one.co.il/Article/108186.html)

The Big Three
01-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I sure hope he turns into something special, because if not, then we're screwed for the 5-10 years after Timmeh's gone. Even then, we'll probably be a borderline playoff team, unless he puts up 20/10 every night, which I doubt he will do.

b.jerk
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I sure hope he turns into something special, because if not, then we're screwed for the 5-10 years after Timmeh's gone. Even then, we'll probably be a borderline playoff team, unless he puts up 20/10 every night, which I doubt he will do.

Tiago Splitter will be at least 15/10 but if the Spurs steal Omri Casspi they won't need anyone else to score.

la bomba
01-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Tiago Splitter will be at least 15/10 but if the Spurs steal Omri Casspi they won't need anyone else to score.
was given more minutes on thursday.did really well.talking of casspi of coz not splitter.

b.jerk
01-11-2008, 09:14 PM
was given more minutes on thursday.did really well.talking of casspi of coz not splitter.

Most people would call Splitter's 19/6 a well played game.

b.jerk
01-30-2008, 11:23 PM
All hail Tiago Splitter victor of Rudy Fernandez and DKV Joventut had another mvp performance for the week and arguably the best player in the euroleague.

GoldMedallist
01-31-2008, 04:14 AM
B.jerk.

I like Tiago Splitter a lot, I have seen him play for years, and he's even better since Tau lost Scola (they made an awesome cuple, though), cause he became a very clutch player for the team.

But, he is not the best players in ACB. Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol are clearly the best this year. Following them, there are some players (Felipe Reyes, Ricky Rubio, Bullock...) and I will put Splitter with them, very good player, pretty good at ACB and solid if they came to NBA (Rubio is gonna be a superstar, but he need some more develpment).

I love Splitter's game, but this season Marc and Rudy are clearly better. And they play for worse teams, specially Marc.

b.jerk
01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
If DKV Joventut Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez are better than Tiago Splitter shouldn't clearly DKV Joventut be a better team than Tau Victoria. Regardless of your contradiction Tiago Splitter is winning in the euroleague, ahead of DKV Joventut in the acb, won the supercopa and was the mvp of the supercopa with an average supporting cast. Tiago Splitter has earned consideration as the best player in the euroleague. Rudy Fernandez is a great player but he doesn't play in the euroleague and he loses to euroleague teams in the acb regularly and if Rudy Fernandez was clearly better than Tiago Splitter than your best argument wouldn't be a contradiction.

berraco
02-01-2008, 03:34 AM
If DKV Joventut Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez are better than Tiago Splitter shouldn't clearly DKV Joventut be a better team than Tau Victoria. Regardless of your contradiction Tiago Splitter is winning in the euroleague, ahead of DKV Joventut in the acb, won the supercopa and was the mvp of the supercopa with an average supporting cast. Tiago Splitter has earned consideration as the best player in the euroleague. Rudy Fernandez is a great player but he doesn't play in the euroleague and he loses to euroleague teams in the acb regularly and if Rudy Fernandez was clearly better than Tiago Splitter than your best argument wouldn't be a contradiction.

OMG you have wet dreams with Splitter. TAU is winning, not Splitter. TAU has Prigioni, Rakocevic, Planinic, Teletovic, McDonald, Splitter while DKV is basically Rubio, Rudy and Barton. In fact, the difference factor for TAU winning in ACB is not being Splitter but Rako. And TAU and DKV are tied in the league (13-6).

DKV really earned the right to play Euroleague with a semifinal in ACB but since Unicaja went to the Final Four they were relegated to ULEB Cup (that is one of the worst rules I have seen ever, I understand the winner plays to defend the title but never that a semifinalist is allowed to play the tournament again without earning it in the domestic league).
I don't mind who is the best or who will be, that's always arguable. It's like a 'Who is the better player, Lebron or Duncan?' in the NBA. Both are fantastic players. But you have to admit that Rudy is performing above anyone except Marc Gasol in ACB and is making today more impact in the league than Tiago because his team record is mainly due to him.

b.jerk
02-01-2008, 04:42 AM
OMG you have wet dreams with Splitter. TAU is winning, not Splitter. TAU has Prigioni, Rakocevic, Planinic, Teletovic, McDonald, Splitter while DKV is basically Rubio, Rudy and Barton. In fact, the difference factor for TAU winning in ACB is not being Splitter but Rako. And TAU and DKV are tied in the league (13-6).

DKV really earned the right to play Euroleague with a semifinal in ACB but since Unicaja went to the Final Four they were relegated to ULEB Cup (that is one of the worst rules I have seen ever, I understand the winner plays to defend the title but never that a semifinalist is allowed to play the tournament again without earning it in the domestic league).
I don't mind who is the best or who will be, that's always arguable. It's like a 'Who is the better player, Lebron or Duncan?' in the NBA. Both are fantastic players. But you have to admit that Rudy is performing above anyone except Marc Gasol in ACB and is making today more impact in the league than Tiago because his team record is mainly due to him.

When a good teams defense collapses because of Rudy Fernandez tell me until then I'm convinced Tiago Splitter is the best player in the ACB. Tiago Splitter has had several incredible performances in both the acb and the euroleague this year and has been called "the most awaited player in europe".

GoldMedallist
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Mmm, perhaps whtn Rudy scores 35 points, that defense got a little collapsed. Just a thought.

You are free to think Tiago is the best player, we are talking about a great player, about three great players, actuallly. But I don't agree, cause I can't compare a PF (splitter), with a SF(Rudy) and a Center (M. Gasol). I think Tau is still a good team without Splitter(worse, but still good), but DKV are soooo worse without Rudy and Akasvayu totally sucks without Marc Gasol.

You can haver your preference. Mine is Rudy. But the stats say clearly the best now is Marc Gasol, followed close by Rudy.

b.jerk
02-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I would take Splitter first because he has the mentality AAU kids can't be taught and Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol don't have.

berraco
02-04-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah, Rudy and Marc are mentally weak, sure. That's the best joke I have heard for a long time.

GoldMedallist
02-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Well, you say, if Tau wins against DKV, Splitter is better than Rudy.

Well, I can say since Spain won a world championship and Brasil sucked, Rudy is a Champion and Splitter sucked.

Please, try to watch the games, and being objective. It doesn't matter what the team record is to judge a player.

b.jerk
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah, Rudy and Marc are mentally weak, sure. That's the best joke I have heard for a long time.

I implied I would rather meet an AAU kid, Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez in a dark alley than Tiago Splitter anything beyond that you invented.

Well, you say, if Tau wins against DKV, Splitter is better than Rudy.

Well, I can say since Spain won a world championship and Brasil sucked, Rudy is a Champion and Splitter sucked.

Please, try to watch the games, and being objective. It doesn't matter what the team record is to judge a player.

I never said Rudy Fernandez sucked, what I said only playing in the acb doesn't make Rudy Fernandez the best player outside the nba but I'm arguing with someone that claims Tiago Splitter completely sucked in fiba competition and Spain's championship wasn't a team effort. Spain's championship happened over a year ago so try focusing on today and being objective for once.

GoldMedallist
02-05-2008, 04:23 AM
OK, let's get as objective as possible, if opinions doesn't worth, let's see the 6 better player in stats from ACB today:

Marc Gasol: 33 min, 16.1 pt, 7.8 reb, 1.3 blks, 1.8 assist.
Rank ACB: 1st. Val: 25.8.

Rudy Fernandez: 28 min, 20,3 pt, 3.2 reb, 0.2 blks, 4.5 assist.
Rank ACB: 2nd. Val: 24.8

Juan Jos

b.jerk
02-05-2008, 06:23 AM
[QUOTE=GoldMedallist]OK, let's get as objective as possible, if opinions doesn't worth, let's see the 6 better player in stats from ACB today:

Marc Gasol: 33 min, 16.1 pt, 7.8 reb, 1.3 blks, 1.8 assist.
Rank ACB: 1st. Val: 25.8.

Rudy Fernandez: 28 min, 20,3 pt, 3.2 reb, 0.2 blks, 4.5 assist.
Rank ACB: 2nd. Val: 24.8

Juan Jos

GoldMedallist
02-05-2008, 06:42 AM
In Euroleague:

Tiago Splitter: 13.8 pt, 5.5 reb, 0.4 blks, 1 assist.

More or less same as ACB. Pretty good, but far from being the best in Europe.

b.jerk
02-05-2008, 07:00 AM
In Euroleague:

Tiago Splitter: 13.8 pt, 5.5 reb, 0.4 blks, 1 assist.

More or less same as ACB. Pretty good, but far from being the best in Europe.

And two MVPs of the week as well as being doubled and even quadrupled teamed.

GoldMedallist
02-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Well, ok.

Keep thinking Splitter is the best player in Europe. I think I gave you enough reasons, and I will keep thinking he is not even the best in ACB, maybe 3rd or 4th.

Taras Bulba
02-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Why are you even comparing Splitter to payers like Fernandez? They play in different positions ffs.

Anyway, Splitter is a very solid payer. One of the ebst centers in Europe. But Spurs need to offer him a very good contract, because he can get very good money in Europe.

Lakas Fan Yo
02-20-2009, 01:55 PM
What about Rakocevic? No one thinks he's one of the best players in Spain?

kohsterized41
04-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey check out my blog about trying to become a pro basketball player overseas. I think you will like it! http://kohsterized.blogspot.com

vittor14
06-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Tiago Splitter future player of NBA.nearly he jump the ocean to play in the best league of the world.