PDA

View Full Version : Ballhogs

CySniper
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
How do you deal with them? My team right now is losing a few games because of our point guard ball hog and hes not even good. The coach likes him and doesnt tell him ****. He only passes to his friends which are terrible at bball and passed to me 3 times in a whole game. And its not becuase i sux too becuase i play for another team which im leading in scoring [I get over 20 points ppg] . Any hints to help me?

-Thanks for reading

v-unit
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
How do you deal with them? My team right now is losing a few games because of our point guard ball hog and hes not even good. The coach likes him and doesnt tell him ****. He only passes to his friends which are terrible at bball and passed to me 3 times in a whole game. And its not becuase i sux too becuase i play for another team which im leading in scoring [I get over 20 points ppg] . Any hints to help me?

-Thanks for reading

I've delt with them before. And that's good that you average 20ppg because I think I was the leading scorer as well, anyways once you are in that situation, you have the power to go to him and say "PASS ME THE BALL" because you should teach him that your the guy in charge if your scoring everything.

$14.98
01-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Switch teams. play with other players who are passers.

jbot
01-06-2008, 08:44 AM
the coach must be a jerk if he's letting this go on. let him know that basketball is a team sport and that your dad will knock the crap outta him if u don't touch the ball more.

j Fresh3
01-06-2008, 09:32 AM
You suck. No really, if you didn't make something happen the three times you touched the ball, the point guard must thing you can't do anything productive for the team to win. So, there is other things you can do, be a gridy defender, grab rebounds like a mad man and bring the ball down yourself, and shoot or make circus shots and layups.

Maniak
01-06-2008, 12:38 PM
call for passes, get clearly open....i deal more with a forward ballhog, i seriously only got passed to ONCE in a game.....suxxorz

starburythe2nd
01-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I agree with J fresh

I've dealt with them before. You have to show them that you're bigger than them. Be the best defender you can be, and do all you can with the 3 passes he gives you, and grab your own rebounds. Your coach will be impressed if you rise above that player to grab a rebound. Yea, ball hogs are very tough to deal with:banghead: , but all you have to do is noticeably better then them, and they'll pass more often.

CySniper
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
well i got the ball a few times and made all my shots! Now hes passing to me. Told him before the game to pass also.

Thx for posting everybody

Yanzo
01-09-2008, 11:41 PM
well i got the ball a few times and made all my shots! Now hes passing to me. Told him before the game to pass also.

Thx for posting everybody

oi, how do i subscribe to a thread

i cant dunk
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
its happen to me before. you have to make him force pass to you. such as make him inbound to you then ignore him. good trick

Lebron23
01-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Just don't pass them the ball. I'll just ignore them when I play with a shot jacking, never play defense type of ballhogs.

East_Stone_Ya
01-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Just don't pass them the ball. I'll just ignore them when I play with a shot jacking, never play defense type of ballhogs.

well the ballhog is your team pg, how u not gonna pass to him?

Lebron23
01-12-2014, 06:57 PM
well the ballhog is your team pg, how u not gonna pass to him?

I just tell my coach to bench him. In a basketball league you always need a pass first point guard.

East_Stone_Ya
01-13-2014, 02:50 AM
I just tell my coach to bench him. In a basketball league you always need a pass first point guard.

but in this case the coach loves playing him

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 06:26 AM
but in this case the coach loves playing him

I played with a ballhog point guard back in grade school (Summer league). His brother was the coach of the team. Our team sucked in the first four games I think we only had 1 win - 3 losses i. . Our manager got rid of the coach, and our new coach started to spread the offense. I think we won 8 out of the last 10 games, and we won the 12 and under tournament.

PS;

and the ballhog only played limited minutes for the rest of the season.

Scal
01-13-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm sure everyone has been in this situation. I found the best for me was to go all out the whole game - at least I knew I was doing everything to make my team win. If that meant making the right pass on one of the few possessions I touched than ball rather than thinking 'I might not get another chance to get a shot in this game', than I'd rather make the right play. I ran hard on the break, got back on D, went after rebounds and made my mind up I wanted to be the best defender that I could be. People do notice that stuff, and teams that are dysfunctional never tend to last long anyway before they implode. And in the end, at least I had a good rep as a hard worker, and it is amazing how people would really rather playing with that type of player.

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm sure everyone has been in this situation. I found the best for me was to go all out the whole game - at least I knew I was doing everything to make my team win. If that meant making the right pass on one of the few possessions I touched than ball rather than thinking 'I might not get another chance to get a shot in this game', than I'd rather make the right play. I ran hard on the break, got back on D, went after rebounds and made my mind up I wanted to be the best defender that I could be. People do notice that stuff, and teams that are dysfunctional never tend to last long anyway before they implode. And in the end, at least I had a good rep as a hard worker, and it is amazing how people would really rather playing with that type of player.

You are a good teammate. I would love to play with you.

blazersfan52
01-14-2014, 08:37 PM
I hate ballhogs, for me it gets to the point of I get the ball I avoid passing it to them just to show them how it feels, not that I get the ball much.

Lebron23
01-15-2014, 05:12 AM
Ballhogging point guard are kinda detrimental to the team. The idiot is just wasting the shot clock, and team needs to have a real ball movement in a game.

Lebron23
07-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Sometimes I don't pick these types of players in a pickup game. I don't have any problems if he's hitting his shots.