PDA

View Full Version : Record for most assists in a game without a turnover?

Force
01-25-2008, 11:22 PM
anybody know? Paul had 14 tonight without committing one turnover

evinecz
01-25-2008, 11:24 PM
:confusedshrug: dont kno about the record.. but paul is beasting this year:bowdown:

SomeBunghole
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Do you even need to ask? John Stockton.

19 against the Bulls in '89.

That's only in the last 20 years, though. Someone might have had more earlier.

SomeBunghole
01-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Heh, Deron Williams just dished out 14 without a turnover as well. He's still no Stockton :)

bigkingsfan
01-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Gilbert Arenas - 23

sixerfan82
01-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Gilbert Arenas - 23

box score?

SomeBunghole
01-26-2008, 12:42 AM
What boxscore? Gilbo's career high is 15, with or without TOs.

sixerfan82
01-26-2008, 12:45 AM
What boxscore? Gilbo's career high is 15, with or without TOs.

im curious to see the box score for the game, basketball reference shows highest assists, but i cant seem to get a filter going on there

SomeBunghole
01-26-2008, 12:54 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl_finder.cgi

If you're looking for individual stats, that's the engine to use.

Showtime
01-26-2008, 12:58 AM
never mind...........

knickscity
01-26-2008, 08:54 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=1987&year_max=2008&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&pos=&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=18&c2stat=tov&c2comp=eq&c2val=0&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

It's shared according to this.

kidachi
01-26-2008, 11:00 AM
it's still gotta be the assist record. 30. by Scott Skiles.

MMM
05-01-2009, 04:18 AM
I think Rondo tied an NBA record for most assist without a TO with 19 the last to do it was Andre Miller back in 02. I believe he also sets a NBA playoff record but I'm not sure if anyone else has done this prior Mid 80's. Although it is a shame it came in a losing effort.

Kobe681
05-01-2009, 04:47 AM
I think Rondo tied an NBA record for most assist without a TO with 19 the last to do it was Andre Miller back in 02. I believe he also sets a NBA playoff record but I'm not sure if anyone else has done this prior Mid 80's. Although it is a shame it came in a losing effort.

But that doesnt make sense, he got blocked at the end of the game. Someone messed up the stats. Rose blocks him, and then picks up the ball and gets fouled. No other Celtics player touched the ball. That's a turnover if you ask me...

OldSchoolBBall
05-01-2009, 04:47 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=1987&year_max=2008&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&pos=&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=18&c2stat=tov&c2comp=eq&c2val=0&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

It's shared according to this.

Surprised to see Hornacek and Cassell on that list with 18 assists/0 TO.

MMM
05-01-2009, 04:57 AM
But that doesnt make sense, he got blocked at the end of the game. Someone messed up the stats. Rose blocks him, and then picks up the ball and gets fouled. No other Celtics player touched the ball. That's a turnover if you ask me...

I don't think a blocked attempt is recorded as a turnover

OldSchoolBBall
05-01-2009, 05:10 AM
I don't think a blocked attempt is recorded as a turnover

If the other team gains possession, it has to be. It's no different from a steal in that sense.

MMM
05-01-2009, 05:13 AM
If the other team gains possession, it has to be. It's no different from a steal in that sense.

Well it seems like they aren't recording it as an official TO.
BTW he tied the record with Norm Nixon who did it back in 79.

monkeypox
05-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Huh, I guess it must just count as a missed shot rather than a turnover since they were able to get a shot off.

Mikaiel
05-01-2009, 06:32 AM
It's a block and whoever comes up with the ball gets a rebound.

twolvesfan
05-01-2009, 07:36 AM
rondo: 19 AST 0 TOs:pimp: :pimp: :hammertime:

pete's montreux
05-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Laker fans desperately trying to taint Rondo's record. "Dood, that was definitely a turnover, I'm gonna send the game tape to the league" :rolleyes:

MK2V1GP
05-01-2009, 10:23 AM

Classic...

Shows how much you know about basketball.

fefe
05-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Agreed, that was a missed shot by Rondo,
a block plus a rebound for Rose.

Myth
05-01-2009, 01:40 PM

You could then argue that when you miss and there is a defensive rebound it is a turnover, but it isn't counted that way, just as blocks against aren't counted as turnovers.

BigTicket
05-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Andre Miller has the most impressive one if you ask me:

27 points and 19 assists with 0 turnovers

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200202130MIL.html

OldSchoolBBall
05-01-2009, 02:24 PM
It's a block and whoever comes up with the ball gets a rebound.

Is that really the rule? That's terrible then imo, since what makes a block that's recovered by the defense any different than a steal? Makes no sense to me.

You could then argue that when you miss and there is a defensive rebound it is a turnover, but it isn't counted that way, just as blocks against aren't counted as turnovers.

Interesting, but I'm not sure I'm persuaded, since in one case a shot actually is made and a rebound occurs, and in one it doesn't.

Mikaiel
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Is that really the rule? That's terrible then imo, since what makes a block that's recovered by the defense any different than a steal? Makes no sense to me.

Turnover = You lost the ball without even attempting a shot. In that scenario, you attempted one. It got blocked but you did shoot the ball.

And since you attempted a shot and it missed, it's a rebound for whoever gets it. Makes perfect sense.

tastystaci
05-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Interesting, but I'm not sure I'm persuaded, since in one case a shot actually is made and a rebound occurs, and in one it doesn't.

U guys serious? Why would u think a guy getting a shot blocked could be a turnover? IT'S A SHOT...THAT WAS BLOCKED. It's nothing more than a missed shot, rebound to whoever recovers it. Don't even see an argument. And Rondo's 19 assist's were not impressive at all. 18 of them were passes out to Ray for jumpshots :roll: There was a bad pass to Ray on the sideline from Rondo that should've been a t.o., they must've given that to Ray for some reason.

John Smith
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Heh, Deron Williams just dished out 14 without a turnover as well. He's still no Stockton :)

It's going to be close when it's all said and done.

MMM
05-01-2009, 03:01 PM
U guys serious? Why would u think a guy getting a shot blocked could be a turnover? IT'S A SHOT...THAT WAS BLOCKED. It's nothing more than a missed shot, rebound to whoever recovers it. Don't even see an argument. And Rondo's 19 assist's were not impressive at all. 18 of them were passes out to Ray for jumpshots :roll: There was a bad pass to Ray on the sideline from Rondo that should've been a t.o., they must've given that to Ray for some reason.

LOL Rondo did not assist on every Ray shot also anytime when a PG gets in the high teens a lot of it come down to finding the hot hand

pete's montreux
05-01-2009, 03:06 PM
So now ISH has resorted to, "yeah, but those assists weren't impressive because all he did was just pass to Ray Ray."

Really? Really ISH? Ray f*cking drops 51 for the game, is f*cking red hot the entire game, yet Rondo shouldn't pass it to him? I'll send him a text that reads: Hey mayne, make sure you do some crazy sh*t in game seven...I'm talking no look behind the back type sh*t, don't just pass the ball mayne, deliver that ball with some flava."

You guys are trying way too hard, but whatever. The hate on Rondo just means he's finally stepped it up and elevated his game to the point of pure, unadulterated hate.

tastystaci
05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
So now ISH has resorted to, "yeah, but those assists weren't impressive because all he did was just pass to Ray Ray."

Really? Really ISH? Ray f*cking drops 51 for the game, is f*cking red hot the entire game, yet Rondo shouldn't pass it to him? I'll send him a text that reads: Hey mayne, make sure you do some crazy sh*t in game seven...I'm talking no look behind the back type sh*t, don't just pass the ball mayne, deliver that ball with some flava."

You guys are trying way too hard, but whatever. The hate on Rondo just means he's finally stepped it up and elevated his game to the point of pure, unadulterated hate.

I'm not blaming Rondo at all for passing to Ray-Ray when he's on fire. But I would do the same f*ckin thing. I'm not gonna gargle a guys ballz for doing the same thing I woulda/coulda done. He didn't have a good game. He missed big shots, took bad shots, flew white guys into scoreboards for no reason. The guy has a horrible game and still gets threads started slurping on him. It's a joke to me.

pete's montreux
05-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Did you just say you could get 19 assists in an NBA game? Did I read that correctly?

Seriously, dude? Wow. I'm literally at a loss. I'm done. I quit.

ISH has officially hit rock bottom.

tastystaci
05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Did you just say you could get 19 assists in an NBA game? Did I read that correctly?

You're a dope, and I promise nobody cares if you're done :roll: I could've made almost any of those assists he had last night, they were nothing but swing passes to Ray. I couldn't defend Rose, I probably would get my rock taken multiple times, but I could definitly make those passes he was making. Please watch the game and tell me he had a good f*ckin game you blind homer.

I know one thing I could do better than Rondo, and that's shoot the f*ckin rock. In fact, you talked me into it. I'm gonna call up Ainge and tell him I can make swing passes to Ray-Ray AND hit a free throw/outside shot. Thank you, this is a life altering moment, all thanks to you. :cheers:

statman32
05-01-2009, 05:16 PM

How can you be such a big NBA fan yet not know that a block shot does not equal a turnover? All of your time watching Kobe and M.J you never realized that when they got blocked, a turnover wasnt added to there stats?

monkeypox
05-01-2009, 07:47 PM

You're being a bit dramatic huh? Try to be less emotional, there isn't some grand conspiracy here to discredit Rondo, just an honest question about whether a blocked shot is a turnover.

Anyways, for the people that aren't on the rag:

It shouldn't be a turnover for the same reason an airball shouldn't be a turnover. You intended to take a shot and you got one off. In this case it just so happens that the opposing player altered it and you missed.

Well, come to think of it, what would you call it when a guy takes a shot and the defensive player literally snatches it from the air? TO? Does the defensive player get a block or a steal... or both?

pete's montreux
05-02-2009, 07:57 AM
You're being a bit dramatic huh? Try to be less emotional, there isn't some grand conspiracy here to discredit Rondo, just an honest question about whether a blocked shot is a turnover.

Anyways, for the people that aren't on the rag:

It shouldn't be a turnover for the same reason an airball shouldn't be a turnover. You intended to take a shot and you got one off. In this case it just so happens that the opposing player altered it and you missed.

Well, come to think of it, what would you call it when a guy takes a shot and the defensive player literally snatches it from the air? TO? Does the defensive player get a block or a steal... or both?

Yes, there is.

:roll: All of a sudden everyone's questioning whether a blocked shot is a turnover. Are you f*cking serious? Only agenda'd retards are questioning it.

Mikaiel
05-02-2009, 09:29 AM

For the 32nd time, he gets a block and a rebound

Junny
05-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Getting blocked is not a turnover, I always knew (well maybe not knew, but that was what I thought). But what is this BS with being credited with a rebound if you gain possession of the ball. So theoretically, if you shoot the ball, a defender blocks it, and you get the ball back, does that mean you're credited with the offensive board? :wtf:

Also I still think that to get a rebound "normally" you have to catch the ball before it hits the ground? This is still true right? Once it bounces it's no longer a rebound? This still HAS to hold. :confusedshrug:

You know what phuck stats. You people are way too serious about stats anyway. As far as I know, getting blocked is not a turnover and doesn't result in a rebound, and to get a rebound from a missed shot the ball's not allowed to bounce.

And for the record, I like Rondo. Whatever it was that he did, well done. I still want Bulls to win though.

Maniak
05-02-2009, 11:13 AM
It's going to be close when it's all said and done.
This right here is perfect proof of how overrated players from the 00's era are.

Mikaiel
05-02-2009, 11:45 AM
For every missed shot there's a rebound. Even if that shot is blocked. Or if it hits the ground. Or even if it goes out of bounds.

Rekindled
05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
You're a dope, and I promise nobody cares if you're done :roll: I could've made almost any of those assists he had last night, they were nothing but swing passes to Ray. I couldn't defend Rose, I probably would get my rock taken multiple times, but I could definitly make those passes he was making. Please watch the game and tell me he had a good f*ckin game you blind homer.

I know one thing I could do better than Rondo, and that's shoot the f*ckin rock. In fact, you talked me into it. I'm gonna call up Ainge and tell him I can make swing passes to Ray-Ray AND hit a free throw/outside shot. Thank you, this is a life altering moment, all thanks to you. :cheers:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Junny
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
For every missed shot there's a rebound. Even if that shot is blocked. Or if it hits the ground. Or even if it goes out of bounds.

OK that last part cannot be true. If that's the case who the phuck gets credited with the rebound?

Mikaiel
05-02-2009, 12:07 PM
OK that last part cannot be true. If that's the case who the phuck gets credited with the rebound?

No one. It's a team rebound.

Junny
05-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Good thing I'm not the one in charge of recording stats. :lol According to me Dwight Howard would probably only have about 8 rebounds per game.