PDA

View Full Version : How To Increase Your Height

wizardsfan23
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
First a little about Me:
-15 years old
-5' 2" (5 feet and 2 inches)
-120 pounds

Well, I am trying to increase my height up to at least 5' 6".
My friend told me i should eat good food, play basketball a lot, stretch out, and hang.

I have been doing this but i wanted to ask you guys.
If anyone can help me or give me some tips that would be much appreciated.

(Also my first post)

i cant dunk
01-28-2008, 09:20 PM
i aksed my doctor how to get taller she said that you can't really. It's like in your gene or something. eating healthy will just prevent you from reaching the peek of your gene. ive heard this some where.

CySniper
01-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Well you cant really say anything because im 6'2 and 14 and I go to bed around 1 in the morning and eat a lot of bad food. Also my dad is 5'10ish and my mom is a little bit higher than average women size. It depends how you were born. Dont worry, look at pete maravich he was really short then turned out to be 6'5. Just play what god gives you now.

Unreal Skill
01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm not really tall that myself but I'm average. Height has to do a lot with gene, not just your father and mother but also your grandparents.

Just eat a lot, excerise, and sleep well. Get a lot of sleep. Very important.

i cant dunk
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Well you cant really say anything because im 6'2 and 14 and I go to bed around 1 in the morning and eat a lot of bad food. Also my dad is 5'10ish and my mom is a little bit higher than average women size. It depends how you were born. Dont worry, look at pete maravich he was really short then turned out to be 6'5. Just play what god gives you now.

it doesnt have to work with your parents. You can get a gene from your great great grnad parents that can make you tall. Like havn't you notice that tall guys that have brothers are USUALLY tall as well.

wizardsfan23
01-29-2008, 09:51 PM
yeah thanks a lot for the tips.
i guess i will just have to wait and see.

but i really want to start weight lifting.

qwerty
01-29-2008, 11:04 PM
smoke trees

jamal99
01-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Im 7'1 (or 7 and a half, not sure, I know in meters - 2.14m). I did nothing to improve my height and did not play basketball at all in period of my biggest growing (12-15,16 now Im 17). Doctors said that Im going to grow inch or maybe 2 more...

cgunther20
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
yeah just be patient, i was. I ended up growing 6 inches between my sophmore and junior year in high school. You can count on growing patterns based on what what has happened in your family. i.e. my dad grew late just like me plus another inch in college. So use that as a reference too. Just fyi I'm 6'4", mom is 5"11", my dad is 6"4" same as me.

otmtheshank
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
You can't really increase your height by unnatural processes. There's a couple surgeries that I think I've read in the news, but by no means are they safe. Just keep eating right.

The only magic solution to increase height is using the torture rack, although, you'd most likely stop living, so I'd advise against that.

cgunther20
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
yeah thanks a lot for the tips.
i guess i will just have to wait and see.

but i really want to start weight lifting.

you can start weight lifting, it's is actually smart to weightlift as you grow therefore it keeps you proportional.

jamal99
02-02-2008, 09:02 AM
you can start weight lifting, it's is actually smart to weightlift as you grow therefore it keeps you proportional.

Yeah. When I was growing big time, I did nothing physical, so my shoulders are little narrow, but Im improving that with intensive work on my strength...

lakears
02-03-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't increase your height, it's all in your genes. Don't work out before 16 out it will prevent you from growing to as tall as you could have been.

bballer
02-03-2008, 12:25 PM
First a little about Me:
-15 years old
-5' 2" (5 feet and 2 inches)
-120 pounds

Well, I am trying to increase my height up to at least 5' 6".
My friend told me i should eat good food, play basketball a lot, stretch out, and hang.

I have been doing this but i wanted to ask you guys.
If anyone can help me or give me some tips that would be much appreciated.

(Also my first post)
the first step is going to the doctor, having him implant some sort of tumor into your body that can cause gigantism, they you will be about 8 feet tall and would have succeeded your goal!!!

cgunther20
02-03-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't increase your height, it's all in your genes. Don't work out before 16 out it will prevent you from growing to as tall as you could have been.
What makes you think that you cant work out before you are 16?! It has nothing to do with height and growing vertically.

theparade
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Sleep a lot. Especially if you're going through your growth spurt.

lakears
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
What makes you think that you cant work out before you are 16?! It has nothing to do with height and growing vertically.

Every gym teacher i've had in school has told the class that working out at a young age stunts your height growth. I remember this kid in grade 7 who started working out hardcore.. now in grade 11 he's muscular and still the same height as he was in grade 11, so I believe it.

Link: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071211214430AABhxxw

So you can work out, just don't over-do it.

cgunther20
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
o ok you clarified as overdoing it. i meant just solely to keep in shape, just some miscommunication

Maniak
02-09-2008, 12:00 AM
sand in shoes

clipps
02-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Tie arms to one truck. Tie legs to another truck. :sleeping

Remix
02-09-2008, 01:13 AM
i dnt think it's possible to increase yoru height..

im 6'3 and its all genes i guess. my brothers 6'5 and my moms 6'0. my grandpa was 6'8 so i hop i get there

Cleaves
02-10-2008, 05:53 AM
I do think doing weights while you are in your early teens does stunt growth

I was doing bench pressing, leg curls, bicep curls, weightless squats at 13-14

at about 5'8.....by the end of high school I was only 5'10..I hardly grew after that...needless to say I come from a relatively short family, so in my case I don't think I would have grown to like 6'2 or anything

A friend of mine did the same and he's been 5'8 since year 7 but he's from a tall family and all of his bros are 6'1+....he says its the biggest mistake he's ever made in his life

Hoopla
03-22-2009, 09:16 AM
By the time you ask this question, its probably too late. Sleep patterns assively influence your growth, as does diet. Its a little known fact that Asian genetics result in short folks due to generations of eating a diet that consists only of carbohydrates

__________________________________________________ _________________
11 ideas to improve your mental ability in basketball.
www.best-basketball-tips.com/awaken-the-jordan-within.html

Plus, lots of FREE stuff at:
www.best-basketball-tips.com

Splitz77
03-22-2009, 03:08 PM
You can always getting that Growth Hormone injected into you. lol . It has a lot of side affects and you'll probably end up being disfigured. But hey, at least you'll be taller, right? lol

JJ81
03-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Doing those things wont do much for your height at all./