Duncan
Oberto

vs.

J-Will
Wade
Walker
Haslem
Shaq

I say 06 Heat wade would pick the spurs defense apart and they where a really good team........

stewen12
02-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Heat would win. Oberto would have no chance on Shaq

Lebron23
02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
San Antonio Spurs 4- Miami Heat - 0

The referees would not let Wade beat the Golden Boy of the NBA.

statman32
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Is this some sort of a joke? Miami should have lost to the Mavs that year but the Mavs CHOKED. San Antonio doesn't choke. Duncan was also healthy in the playoffs last year.

San Antonio would win in 5 maybe 6 games

magic chiongson
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
yep, dirk handed the championship on a silver platter to the heat

kidachi
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Miami Heat

(Homer for a sec.)

NBABaller
02-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Miami Heat...no doubt!

No answer for Shaq and Wade!

e20dyl4n
02-04-2008, 01:39 AM
we would shut wade down and shaq would do his thing. jwill cant contain parker. who can contain ginobli? spurs EASY the heat got off EASY having to play that choking ass team. we would of finished the job

aj242
02-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Is this some sort of a joke? Miami should have lost to the Mavs that year but the Mavs CHOKED. San Antonio doesn't choke. Duncan was also healthy in the playoffs last year.

San Antonio would win in 5 maybe 6 games

Ironically I played this series out in my head plenty of times. I think it goes exactly the same way as the Dallas series.

The Spurs wouldn't have doubled Shaq they way Dallas did.

I think the Spurs win both games in Texas by double digits.

I think the Heat win all 3 in Miami with Wade & Shaq going off two out of 3 games down there. Miami with some kind of karma steals one like that comeback win in game 3.

The get the one win in Texas just like they did with Dallas after getting totally outplayed the first 2 games down there.

plowking
02-04-2008, 01:47 AM
we would shut wade down and shaq would do his thing. jwill cant contain parker. who can contain ginobli? spurs EASY the heat got off EASY having to play that choking ass team. we would of finished the job

Not the way he was playing that year. 35 points and 9 rebounds a game. Plus he was hitting his outside shots. I would take the 2006 Heat against the 2007 Spurs, but probably the 2005 Spurs over the 2006 Heat.

NBABaller
02-04-2008, 01:48 AM

Yeah right!!!

Wade always get his way against the Spurs scoring regularly 25+ points against Bowen or whoever, how's that shutting down a player?

plowking
02-04-2008, 01:48 AM

Sounds an awful lot like the Cavs - Spurs series. Don't go on about preferential treatment from the refs because Lebron gets most of it.

nashisbest
02-04-2008, 01:49 AM
come playoff time there is no "bad night" for wade. he gets it done every night. parker and ginobili get hot and cold.

and between duncan and shaq, it's a question of who gets into foul trouble early

i say Heat

VCMVP1551
02-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Duncan vs Shaq would be an interesting match up at that time because while Duncan was no match for prime Duncan was closer to his prime in 07' than Shaq was in 06'.

yobore
02-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Spurs for me. 2006 was a down year for the Spurs because of Duncan's injury and they still almost beat Dallas, which kind of fell apart on its own in the finals. 2007 Spurs were much better than the 2006 Spurs, with no major injury problems, Parker really emerging and Ginobli and Duncan still on top of their games.

aj242
02-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Spurs for me. 2006 was a down year for the Spurs because of Duncan's injury and they still almost beat Dallas, which kind of fell apart on its own in the finals. 2007 Spurs were much better than the 2006 Spurs, with no major injury problems, Parker really emerging and Ginobli and Duncan still on top of their games.

This kind of gets to me somewhat. San Antonio didn't lose that series because Duncan was hurt. The Spurs scored fine in that series.

San Antonio couldn't defend Dallas at all that year. Oustide of the Lakers in 01' or the Suns in 05' I believe. I have never seen a team be offensively efficient against a Popovich coached team. This with contested shots.

There really weren't a ton of break downs. Dallas was on fire the entire time.

The Mav's were up 20 point thru most of Game 7 in San Antonio.

SCdac
02-04-2008, 04:13 AM
I think the 2006 Spurs, OR, the 2007 Spurs could have taken the 2006 Miami Heat. Neither of those Spurs teams were anything less than contenders, don't be fooled by a second round exit in '06. Spurs put up a franchise-best 63-19 record that season.

In 2006, the Spurs were built to beat a team like the Heat, IMO. They had two 7-footer types in Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed to throw at O'Neal, not to mention Tim Duncan himself. They had Bowen, Finley, and most of the roster from '07. Nazr and Rasho literally got no playing time versus the Mavs though, as Pop (much to my displeasure) elected to go small and have one PG, 3 SG/SF, and one PF on the floor. If you look back at that series, much of what killed the Spurs in clutch situations was their inability to grab offensive and defensive boards, Duncan got no help on the glass, and a swingman like Finley had to play PF position. Long story short, the Mavs got the best of the Spurs, yet the Spurs could have potentially picked up a title had they won that OT of Game 7 against the Mavericks. Remember, the two best teams had to face each other in the semi-WCF that season. As mentioned, Spurs had a franchise-best record of 63-19, Mavs had a 60-22 record, Suns went 54-28. Had the Spurs beat the Mavs, they would have had to face a Stoudemire-less Suns in the WCF, which I'm willing to say would been a win for the Spurs. The Suns, with all due respect, would have been no match for the Spurs.

In 2007, the Spurs only got better. They would have a fair chance against the '06 Heat for sure. Duncan, though putting up huge numbers anyways, recovered from Plantar Fasciitis. San Antonio cut slack in Nazr, Rasho, and Van Exel; added the athletic-for-a-big Francisco Elson, Jaque Vaughn, and Matt Bonner. Finley and Oberto, both in their second year with the Spurs, showed noticable improvement. Parker had an AS/Finals MVP kind of season. I have a hard time seeing him contained by Williams and an ancient Payton. Oberto was starting to show that superb efficiency around the basket. Finley even broke a Spurs-PO record for most three's made in a game, going 8/9 beyond the arch against the Iverson-lead Nuggets. The Spurs were just better prepared to win in 2007, adding peices that they could actually play come the playoffs. The "Big 3" of Duncan/Ginobili/Parker collectively playing as good as ever.

statman32
02-04-2008, 04:18 AM
:applause:

Great post Scdac!

SCdac
02-04-2008, 04:25 AM

Great post Scdac!

thanks. can't tell you how many times i've though about what would have happened had the spurs beat the mavs in 06, and gone on to face the heat in the finals...

did you lose an avatar bet or what? :oldlol:

BA_God
02-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Spurs would rape heat easily.
all the spurs big 3 were healthy, and all the spurs big 3 were not mentally weak unlike the chokin mavs.

duncan on U
02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Spurs would rape heat easily.
all the spurs big 3 were healthy, and all the spurs big 3 were not mentally weak unlike the chokin mavs.

kgisbigticket
02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Heat in 7

ForceOfNature
02-04-2008, 01:23 PM

Well yeah it depends on the refs. If they are fair, then San Antonio should take it.

catzhernandez
02-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Heat would win. Oberto would have no chance on Shaq
Is this a joke? Duncan would be on Shaq.

dejordan
02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the heat played the spurs well in the regular season that year. i think it would be a very tough series, and probably come down to whether parker could tear up the interior d of the heat bigs. which i think he could.

Lakers13
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
SA wins the series 4-2. Dwade wont get the same ride he got with the refs that year.

mjbulls23
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Spurs

clayton
02-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Wade would still take over. Devin Harris's D = Bruce Bowen. And Harris is way faster than old man Bruce.

VCMVP1551
02-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Is this a joke? Duncan would be on Shaq.

Some people actually think Oberto is a center even though he spends almost no minutes at center and he is like 6'9" and 245. Either way it would be Duncan on Shaq most of the time with Elson on him at times.

boozehound
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
spurs. heat wouldnt have beat them in 06 anyways.

boozehound
02-04-2008, 03:22 PM

Great post Scdac!
seconded. I agree that the 06 spurs would def beat the heat with the frontline being bigger than the 07

boozehound
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Wade would still take over. Devin Harris's D = Bruce Bowen. And Harris is way faster than old man Bruce.
:rolleyes: sure.

MrEncinas
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
:rolleyes: sure.
Though I'm not sure who would win because I think Duncan would cause a lot of problems for the Heat. However, Bruce Bowen has never been a problem for Wade.

Day La Ghetto
02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Don't forget the 2005 Heat were a hair away from the Finals but Wade got injured and Shaq was hurt for game 6. Heat were better in my opinion that year because I believe that was Shaq's last year as being real mobile and able to control the paint at will. Eddie Jones/Damon were both contributing greatly in the regular season and playoffs. Heat didn't need to many pieces that year to be in control with Shaq still in control. Also like some of the other guys said Heat 2004-2007 always matched up well with the Spurs

Wade's Rings
08-17-2015, 01:40 PM

:roll: That sweep had you mad

NBAplayoffs2001
08-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Parker
Manu
Finely
Duncan
Oberto

vs.

J-Will
Wade
Walker
Haslem
Shaq

I say 06 Heat wade would pick the spurs defense apart and they where a really good team........

07 Spurs.

rmt
08-17-2015, 05:37 PM

Seriously?

2007 Bowen - top votes (42) for all-defensive 1st team. 2nd in votes for DPOY.

2007 Duncan - 2nd highest votes (36) for all defensive 1st team. 3rd in votes for DPOY.

2007 Spurs were 2nd in Defensive Rating and 1st in Opp/pts per game.

I would choose 2007 Spurs - deeper, more versatile, big 3 in their prime. 2006 was prime Wade (for whom they had Bowen) and not much else.

Regarding the 2006 Mavs - Spurs achilles heel has always been great jump shooters (Dirk and Terry). Pop played too much small ball and Manu's foul :banghead: Heat had nowhere near the quality jumpshooting as Mavs. And Wade's slashing - hard to do with Bowen draped all over him and Duncan protecting the paint.

Gotterdammerung
08-17-2015, 06:43 PM
I would go with the 2007 Spurs over the 2006 Heat, for the listed reasons above, plus the Spurs were at that time too multi-dimensional on offense for the slower Miami Heat to stop.

Shaq at this point in his career was no longer the primary offensive option, making him an easier cover for the Spurs, who could rotate their defense quickly enough to stop Wade if he got by the flyswatter-like defense of Bruce Bowen.

Duncan would overpower Udonis Haslem, forcing the Heat to guard him with Shaq, and pulling him out of the paint, allowing easy drives for both Parker and Ginobili in the fourth quarter.

GreggPopazit
08-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Spurs in 6.