PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley vs Karl Malone...who's better?

JtotheIzzo
08-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Its probably been done before...but not in my time here so lets have a go.

I had this argument for a long time with certain friends and it cannot be resolved.

I am not going to bore you all with stats and whatever, I will just say that to me Charles was better and I cannot be convinced otherwise.

If it came down to one game, I'd take Chuck.

btw I am biased

Y2Gezee
08-06-2006, 05:30 AM
Malone had better career. Barkley= better player especially at primes

kingsfan
08-06-2006, 05:30 AM
It's a toss up skill wise, but most people on the forum would choose Barkley base on personality...

JtotheIzzo
08-06-2006, 05:31 AM
even washed up Houston Charles gave Mailman fits. Look at that scowl. http://sport.ard.de/sp/basketball/news200502/15/img/400_dpa_malone_barkley.jpg

Psileas
08-06-2006, 05:49 AM
It's a toss up skill wise, but most people on the forum would choose Barkley base on personality

I'll choose Malone, exactly because of personality (I want players who don't disrupt the team with their temperaments), and also longevity and defense. This while also taking account of Malone's choke jobs in big-time games and Barkley's offensive versatility.

even washed up Houston Charles gave Mailman fits. Look at that scowl.

They are almost the same age. That's why I'd take Malone.

Human Error
08-06-2006, 05:57 AM
If Jordan and Pippen are still busy making fun of Barkley's D whenever they have a chance after all those years, you should be able to know that this really isn't that tough of a call.

Malone.

allball
08-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Which Barkley are we talking about? Young Charles or older Charles with the Suns? Either way I'll take Charles. More versatile and tougher pound for pound. Malone barked a lot but Charles would bite.

rzp
08-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Malone.

The Roxy
08-06-2006, 11:20 AM
If you actually watched both of them there would be no doubt who the better one is and that is Malone.

Voice of Reason
08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Bird defense? Magic defense? Yet they are considered top 5 players of all time and some will say they have a case for G.O.A.T status. Who cares what Pippen and MJ say about his defense. Karl was a good defender but you rarely ever hear anyone mention it when his game is praised or he is spoken of for what he has done in the game of basketball.

Barkley is better then Karl Malone.

dblockallstars
08-06-2006, 11:39 AM
mailman delivers!

hateraid
08-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Charles was more dominant on the ball, rebounding, and range. He grabbed boards and went end to end like no other in the NBA.

Dick Biggly
08-06-2006, 11:57 AM
even washed up Houston Charles gave Mailman fits. Look at that scowl. http://sport.ard.de/sp/basketball/news200502/15/img/400_dpa_malone_barkley.jpg

Malone played fantastic defense on prime Duncan at age 40 with one bad knee in the playoffs with LA.

Voice of Reason
08-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Malone played fantastic defense on prime Duncan at age 40 with one bad knee in the playoffs with LA.

*waits for stats*

Silent Mav
08-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Charles could match Malone on the offensive end, and acutally had more range than Karl. At the end of a game, Charles had that assassin mentalitly. Malone didn't.

Marky418
08-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Barkely

Thorpesaurous
08-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I think they're both a little overrated. Malone is a better defender, but he's an on ball defender. He wasn't a good help defender at all for a PF. And offensively, he's consistent, but he lacked the creativity that most great players had.
Barkley is an anomaly. He's as difficult a cover as the leagues probably ever seen. Too quick and crafty for PFs, and too strong for SFs. And at times, he was quicker and had more ball skills than even SFs, and could overpower even the best PFs. But defensively, his size was always an issue. He had to go after everything, shots and rebounds, so much, that he was often out of position. It wasn't as much an issue of effort as it's made out to be. At his peak, I'd definitely take him over Malone. But I don't think either of them is as good as Duncan, or even McHale.

WADE MONEY
08-06-2006, 12:39 PM
McHale.

I think Mchale is really overrated and not better than any of those 3, who where legit first options on all their teams. I also think Hakeem was clearly more effective in the offensive post than Mchale.

JtotheIzzo
08-06-2006, 12:42 PM
In egard to the recent comments

Duncan>Barkley>Malone>>McHale

Chuckie and Mail are close hence the thread, but if push came to shove I'd take Chuck. They both easily beat McHale who IMO doesnt have the skill set to go it alone like CB did.

Duncan however separates himself from the pack because of the bling and playoff MVPs and first team NBA for his first 8 years. Duncan will be a top ten of all time before it is over.

Thorpesaurous
08-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Duncan's game most resemble's McHales. And my preference for both of them stems from their both being better at defending the rim. Obviously there's a lot of projection with McHale not being a number one option, but none of the other guys would have been either with Bird on their team. And only Duncan has proven that he could win it on his own, so if Mchale were a number one option on a team, he wouldn't have to even win a title to prove he was in the neighborhood of Malone and Barkley. Barkley is clearly the hardest to defend in the group.

Silent Mav
08-06-2006, 01:03 PM
A few quotes from Charles himself

"Bird was a better player than me, but I always felt when I was in the game I could do things against him. But McHale? Best damn player I ever played against man-to-man. He gave me fits with those damn long arms and his agility. He could score on me and he could guard me."

"I tried hard to concentrate on defense once, but all I did was hurt myself. I was terrible. But I was as good as Larry. That man couldn't guard a chair. I loved Larry. I made the mistake of going drinking with him one time. He did nothing but drink Budweiser the whole night. Any man who drinks Bud the whole night can drink."

"Why couldn't I play today? All those sorry-asses out there making that kind of money. Who did I have to go against? Michael, Magic, Larry, Karl Malone. I mean, those *****es could play."

Gotterdammerung
08-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Charles was the better offensive player, for he had the greater range, superior ballhandling skills, hit the boards much harder, more difficult to guard (too quick for fours, too strong for threes). While he was disinclined to play defense, generally, he did bring it during the clutch.

Malone's defense is a bit overrated - although he was plenty strong to push any low-post player off the block, he couldn't move laterally. Nor could he jump high enough to contest shots, either. That means if his man was facing the hoop, he always got a clean look. Malone's trait for swiping the ball worked only on those who brought the ball up from the hip, a la David Robinson, but not on the technically superior low post players like Hakeem (always held the ball above his head).

Malone's superior conditioning led to the better career, but Barkley's the superior player.

JtotheIzzo
08-06-2006, 01:08 PM

"Bird was a better player than me, but I always felt when I was in the game I could do things against him. But McHale? Best damn player I ever played against man-to-man. He gave me fits with those damn long arms and his agility. He could score on me and he could guard me."

"I tried hard to concentrate on defense once, but all I did was hurt myself. I was terrible. But I was as good as Larry. That man couldn't guard a chair. I loved Larry. I made the mistake of going drinking with him one time. He did nothing but drink Budweiser the whole night. Any man who drinks Bud the whole night can drink."

"Why couldn't I play today? All those sorry-asses out there making that kind of money. Who did I have to go against? Michael, Magic, Larry, Karl Malone. I mean, those *****es could play."

Barkley also said Andrew Toney was the best player he's ever seen.

Silent Mav
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Izzo, I never said that Charles' quotes were the gospel truth. I remembered his quote about McHale and went to find it. Found these and thought they were amusing.

JtotheIzzo
08-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Izzo, I never said that Charles' quotes were the gospel truth. I remembered his quote about McHale and went to find it. Found these and thought they were amusing.

I did enjoy them, I just cant put Mchale ahead of CB or Malone

Silent Mav
08-06-2006, 01:19 PM
I can't put him ahead of Chuck. As far as Malone, depends on the day. I go back and forth on that one.

Thorpesaurous
08-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I know I'm in limited company with my opinion of McHale, and that's completely understandable. It's just something I've believed for a long time. And I don't put much weight into any of those kinds of quotes that players make. But it's always fun to read Barkley's ramblings, and Andrew Toney was a monster.

fatboy11
08-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Chuck Barkley was better.

hateraid
08-06-2006, 01:38 PM

:roll:

KWALI
08-06-2006, 02:03 PM
It sounds funny but its true......Barkley becuz of his quickness to spots and off the floor in Philly tried to be a good help defender and a better one on one defender.....but he was too aggressive...he'd go for too many shots like Thorpe said......the more you leave you feet especially wildy the greater chance of getter hurt......Karl Malone I don't think i've seen him block more than 7 shots in 15 years......early in his career he'd throw people but never like CHUCK.

Chuck is simply more talented.......Karl Malone had a great gym regimen...so what....If you really think that's why he had more longevity your a simpleton........his game and its lack of creativity.....his PG....who set him up....his 100% PF role...meaning he was always PF...he never played outside that role...whereas Bark's played all over the court......That is the source of Karls Longevity.

McHale was very talented but fragile ....he was very good at covering Barkley becuz he knew how to recover and where Barkley would bring up teh ball and he used his long arms eventhough he was outmuscled...and less athletic......He was way more of a post technition than Barkley but his veratility was not at the same level....Interms of Talent. I would say its Barkley..TD.Mchale..Malone...interms of guys who brought it over a period time greater than 6 Seasons......However the most talented PF's all time are guys like DC and LJ Kemp...who at their peak were unbeliveable talented in every aspect post to the three to running an offense from the point(DC did this better than Barkley not as a PG but the position on the floor called the point)

different107
08-06-2006, 02:05 PM
wasn't charles like the original...POWER forward (emphasis on power)...

dgbigballer9329
08-06-2006, 03:04 PM
However the most talented PF's all time are guys like DC and LJ Kemp...who at their peak were unbeliveable talented in every aspect post to the three to running an offense from the point(DC did this better than Barkley not as a PG but the position on the floor called the point)

Nah, Barkley is the most talented power forward of all time.....to me it's not that close. Nobody that's every played that position could do absolutely everything as well as Charles did. Chuck had incredible athleticism for his size, hops and great speed, great handles, could shoot it, awesome post player, passed well, and is one of the best power forward rebounders ever. The other guys had more athletic LOOKING bodies but none had that much more than Charles anyway.

Psileas
08-06-2006, 05:01 PM
I took the stats of the Barkley vs Malone matchups since 1988. Here's what I got (first Charles, second Karl. The parenthesis indicates the game winner):

REG.SEASON

43/14/5--17/7/1 (B)
23/13/5--12/6/3 (B)
24/9/4--44/13/1 (B)
24/8/2--32/13/5 (M)
16/8/5--29/10/3 (B)
28/10/2--34/8/5 (M)
35/10/1--24/12/6 (M)
14/6/5--35/12/2 (M)
25/14/7--30/9/1 (M)
23/11/0--28/10/6 (M)
25/14/5--32/9/4 (B)
29/11/5--24/12/2 (B)
21/7/6--22/10/6 (B)
25/12/2--13/6/1 (B)
23/11/8--15/6/3 (B)
21/4/3--18/7/1 (M)
19/11/2--30/6/0 (M)
10/6/5--30/17/2 (B)
35/9/2--30/9/3 (B)
18/6/2--26/16/2 (M)
16/9/3--25/12/4 (M)
17/6/4--28/9/3 (M)
15/11/4--17/7/2 (B)
12/7/3--15/10/0 (M)
9/20/4--16/14/4 (B)
8/18/2--32/11/5 (B)
10/11/8--27/17/6 (M)
10/9/2--28/13/5 (M)
11/7/3--20/10/6 (M)
10/6/3--21/9/1 (M)
10/11/3--29/21/6 (M)
9/11/1--16/7/4 (M)
6/11/3--16/10/2 (M)
10/11/1--25/13/5 (M)
8/5/6--21/8/5 (M)

Barkley: 18.3 ppg, 9.9 rpg (14 wins)
Malone: 24.6 ppg, 10.5 rpg (21 wins)

PLAYOFFS

12/8/4--21/13/2 (M)
16/12/2--24/15/1 (M)
19/16/4--21/6/2 (B)
20/16/3--22/10/5 (B)
10/7/5--29/14/4 (M)
20/7/5--24/11/5 (M)
12/6/2--25/11/1 (B)
8/7/1--29/10/1 (M)
8/6/1--19/14/1 (B)
8/2/0--29/13/0 (M)

KWALI
08-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Nah, Barkley is the most talented power forward of all time.....to me it's not that close. Nobody that's every played that position could do absolutely everything as well as Charles did. Chuck had incredible athleticism for his size, hops and great speed, great handles, could shoot it, awesome post player, passed well, and is one of the best power forward rebounders ever. The other guys had more athletic LOOKING bodies but none had that much more than Charles anyway.

DC did everything was well as Barkley and was a better jump shooter off the dribble......LJ was every bit as adepth with the ball as Barkley he was basically a Barkley clone except he wasn't as strong actually Chris Webber is another guy that did it all....Kemp was the only guy I can think of as a better athlete...I was talking about skills not athletcism.

**** even AW handles better than Barkley what Barkley did have has been understated...EXPLOSIVENESS.he wasn't really relying on a mismatch people are saying he was too quick for Bigs and too strong for Swings. He was both faster and stronger than anyone that would attempt to cover him 90 percent of the time...he could still use speed on SF's.....and he could use power on power guys.....he could abuse guys like Horace Grant...and PIPPEN at their own strengths....Only KARL MALONE could PUNISH him in the post power wise.

interms of explosiveness he was really close to NIQUES and MJ's I haven't see anyone as all-around explosive as him interms of a burst of speed or strength on demand.

Carbine
08-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Pimre Barkley was a better player. Overall, however... I'll take Malone and his longevity.

dgbigballer9329
08-06-2006, 11:47 PM
DC did everything was well as Barkley and was a better jump shooter off the dribble......LJ was every bit as adepth with the ball as Barkley he was basically a Barkley clone except he wasn't as strong actually Chris Webber is another guy that did it all....Kemp was the only guy I can think of as a better athlete...I was talking about skills not athletcism.

**** even AW handles better than Barkley what Barkley did have has been understated...EXPLOSIVENESS.he wasn't really relying on a mismatch people are saying he was too quick for Bigs and too strong for Swings. He was both faster and stronger than anyone that would attempt to cover him 90 percent of the time...he could still use speed on SF's.....and he could use power on power guys.....he could abuse guys like Horace Grant...and PIPPEN at their own strengths....Only KARL MALONE could PUNISH him in the post power wise.

interms of explosiveness he was really close to NIQUES and MJ's I haven't see anyone as all-around explosive as him interms of a burst of speed or strength on demand.

Skills are not whole without the ability to always execute them. Coleman was very skilled no doubt, but because he didn't have Barkley's explosiveness he wasn't able to use his skills as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0COm1MfaWM

This video details Barkley's career and as you can see....it's so impressive it's mindboggling. He just did everything unbelievably well, and like you said, he was a FREAK athletically. No man his size should move their body like he did. I do agree with you in that he didn't rely on mismatches or even carefully executed moves.......he just went at it hard and dominated. I don't know if we'll ever see someone be able to start and finish fast breaks, coast to coast, that recklessly and powerfully ever again. He was like a runaway freight train, a fat man who could outrun and outjump nearly anybody. I doubt even Nique had a highlight film as impressive as that.

RainierBeachPoet
08-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Name Year G MP FG FGA TP TPA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

Charles Barkley 1073 39330 8435 15605 538 2020 6349 8643 4260 8286 12546 4215 1648 888 3376 3288 23757

Karl Malone 1476 54852 13528 26210 85 310 9787 13188 3562 11406 14968 5248 2085 1143 4524 4578 36928

Difference -403 -15522 -5093 -10605 453 1710 -3438 -4545 698 -3120 -2422 -1033 -437 -255 -1148 -1290 -13171

(sorry i couldnt line it up)

go to: http://www.basketball-reference.com/labs/comp.cgi?I=barklch01%3ACharles+Barkley&y1=&C=malonka01%3AKarl+Malone&y2=&s=r&t=t&submit=Compare

Sir Charles
11-19-2008, 12:05 AM
I think anyone who has watched basketball for many years knows that Barkley was a Better Player. I`d definetly go with Malone`s off court discipline and work ethic (Barkley hardly ever trained or hit the weight lifting room) but as a "Player" there is just so many things Barkley could do that Malone couldn`t and at that so much more efficient than Malone.

Scoring

Barkley shot 58.13% from the 2-Point FG at 21.6 PPG on only 12.9 2-Point FGA PG for the Season and shot 55.13% from the 2-Point FG at 22.5 PPG in the Play-Offs at roughly 14.5 2-Point Point FGA PG as a whole Career.

That clearly shows how dominant Barkley was as a Forward Scoring prescence inisde the 3-Point line that could kill you in so many ways it its just laughable: Mid Range, Far Range, Post Up, Fadeaway Jumpers, 1 on 1 Off the Dribles, Coast to Coast etc..

His excessive 3-Point FGA is what blinds many fans for not understanding how dominante Barkley was in his prime which is undoublty not just superior but way more superior scorer than Malone and also taking Less FGA PG.

Rebounding:

Well Rebounding Title for Barkley says something, Rebounding % and Rebounding Avg clearly indicate Barkley too. 12.9 RPG in the Play-Offs as a Career is just insane.

Passing:

Regarding Assist Averages becaue the pathetic teams Charles had from 1986 to 1992 have all downgraded Chuck`s real Assist Capacity...one has one look at the clips and you can see who was the Better Passer, Game Creator, Dribbler etc.

Skills:

Other than FT shooting Malone has very poor skilles compared to Barley.

Defense:

Well Malone was taller had somewhat of a better reach but he was a poor leaper and did not have Center Notion to Move or Footwork to Time a Block as Charles did to go along a 39 inch vertical leap. Reason why Charles averaged more BPG for both Season and Play-Offs. Neither could Malone run back court and block Guards on a fast break, very few big man have been capable of that Hakeem, Charles. Both Malone where the Best Floor PF Defenders untill the arrival of Webber and Garnett but out of them all Barkley`s capacity to Floor Defend and Steal was clearly Superior to Malone`s do to Speed in a Closed Area and Agility. Reason why Charles Barkley has the Highest Steal Per Average in NBA History

Athleticism:

Well Barkley had a 39 inch vertical Leap, Was Quicker and Way More Agil than Malone. Speed wise they where both Fast but Malone could hardly go go fast with te Ball and heck Barkley could go Lead Breaks and Go Coast to Coast almost Guard-like like no other PF Ever! Strength wise they are both the most potent PFs Regarding: Strenght-Speed and Weight into one. Malone had a superior exterior Arm strength do to weight lifting but Barkley had the superior interior Arm strength to fight for loose balls rebounds and ocourse Barkley had the stronger Torso and Leggs.

Stamina:

Malone edged Barkley because of Off the Court Discipline but once again Barkley had to do more than just PF, especially from 1986 to 1992 in a pathetic aging team with new nobodies playing in the tougher more defensive slow paced ECF.

PER both Season and Play-Offs....Barkley is a Top 7-9 of All Time Malone is a Top 14-24

EFF well Barkley ranks amongst the most Skilled + Efficeint Players Ever in the Top 10 right up there with the Bird`s, Jabba`s , Wilt`s, Jordans, Big O`s, Magic`s

Finally Barkley`s Prime was Way Superipr to Malone`s...Witness to that and Malone`s intentions to Guard Barkley in 80s and early 90s was for 5 minutes because after that he would only get in foul trouble. The only to Guard Barkley was to Rotate Cs, PFs and SFs atleast 3 o 4 men for every game if not foul trouble was in sight.

iggy>
11-19-2008, 12:39 AM
I think anyone who has watched basketball for many years knows that Barkley was a Better Player. I`d definetly go with Malone`s off court discipline and work ethic (Barkley hardly ever trained or hit the weight lifting room) but as a "Player" there is just so many things Barkley could do that Malone couldn`t and at that so much more efficient than Malone.

Scoring

Barkley shot 58.13% from the 2-Point FG at 21.6 PPG on only 12.9 2-Point FGA PG for the Season and shot 55.13% from the 2-Point FG at 22.5 PPG in the Play-Offs at roughly 14.5 2-Point Point FGA PG as a whole Career.

That clearly shows how dominant Barkley was as a Forward Scoring prescence inisde the 3-Point line that could kill you in so many ways it its just laughable: Mid Range, Far Range, Post Up, Fadeaway Jumpers, 1 on 1 Off the Dribles, Coast to Coast etc..

His excessive 3-Point FGA is what blinds many fans for not understanding how dominante Barkley was in his prime which is undoublty not just superior but way more superior scorer than Malone and also taking Less FGA PG.

Rebounding:

Well Rebounding Title for Barkley says something, Rebounding % and Rebounding Avg clearly indicate Barkley too. 12.9 RPG in the Play-Offs as a Career is just insane.

Passing:

Regarding Assist Averages becaue the pathetic teams Charles had from 1986 to 1992 have all downgraded Chuck`s real Assist Capacity...one has one look at the clips and you can see who was the Better Passer, Game Creator, Dribbler etc.

Skills:

Other than FT shooting Malone has very poor skilles compared to Barley.

Defense:

Well Malone was taller had somewhat of a better reach but he was a poor leaper and did not have Center Notion to Move or Footwork to Time a Block as Charles did to go along a 39 inch vertical leap. Reason why Charles averaged more BPG for both Season and Play-Offs. Neither could Malone run back court and block Guards on a fast break, very few big man have been capable of that Hakeem, Charles. Both Malone where the Best Floor PF Defenders untill the arrival of Webber and Garnett but out of them all Barkley`s capacity to Floor Defend and Steal was clearly Superior to Malone`s do to Speed in a Closed Area and Agility. Reason why Charles Barkley has the Highest Steal Per Average in NBA History

Athleticism:

Well Barkley had a 39 inch vertical Leap, Was Quicker and Way More Agil than Malone. Speed wise they where both Fast but Malone could hardly go go fast with te Ball and heck Barkley could go Lead Breaks and Go Coast to Coast almost Guard-like like no other PF Ever! Strength wise they are both the most potent PFs Regarding: Strenght-Speed and Weight into one. Malone had a superior exterior Arm strength do to weight lifting but Barkley had the superior interior Arm strength to fight for loose balls rebounds and ocourse Barkley had the stronger Torso and Leggs.

Stamina:

Malone edged Barkley because of Off the Court Discipline but once again Barkley had to do more than just PF, especially from 1986 to 1992 in a pathetic aging team with new nobodies playing in the tougher more defensive slow paced ECF.

PER both Season and Play-Offs....Barkley is a Top 7-9 of All Time Malone is a Top 14-24

EFF well Barkley ranks amongst the most Skilled + Efficeint Players Ever in the Top 10 right up there with the Bird`s, Jabba`s , Wilt`s, Jordans, Big O`s, Magic`s

Finally Barkley`s Prime was Way Superipr to Malone`s...Witness to that and Malone`s intentions to Guard Barkley in 80s and early 90s was for 5 minutes because after that he would only get in foul trouble. The only to Guard Barkley was to Rotate Cs, PFs and SFs atleast 3 o 4 men for every game if not foul trouble was in sight.
posting in 2 year old threads? :rolleyes:

Sir Charles
11-19-2008, 01:35 AM
:confusedshrug: :pimp:

DaHeezy
11-19-2008, 03:29 AM
wasn't charles like the original...POWER forward (emphasis on power)...

That'd be Elvin Hayes.

Whoa, I didn't realize I've answered a Q posed two years ago. Wut da Faq?

Solid Snake
11-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Offtopic question, but as tough as Malone seemingly is, does anyone know how come he didn't go after Stackhouse that one time?

You either know what event I'm referring to or you don't.

Horatio33
11-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Get A Life Sir Charles!

jbot
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
i think it's kinda hard to say. even though they both played the same position, they played different styles. malone was taller, stronger, and definitely better w/ his back to the basket, but yet sir charles was a better ballhandler and had a better perimeter game while being smaller and faster.

if you want who was better at the traditional pf spot, i'd go w/ malone.

Sir Charles
04-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Traditional my a-ss

Traditional PG: Stockton-Cousy or Magic? Stockton-Cousy
Better Player: Magic!

Traditional PF: Malone or Barley? Malone
Better Player: Barkley!

KG5MVP
04-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Sir Charles do you consider Tim Duncan a power forward or a center?

Many people say Tim Duncan plays actually like a center, but he only calls himself a power forward to avoid comparison with the GOAT centers such as Hakeem, Chamberlain, Kareem.

Al Thornton
04-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Traditional my a-ss

Traditional PG: Stockton-Cousy or Magic? Stockton-Cousy
Better Player: Magic!

Traditional PF: Malone or Barley? Malone
Better Player: Barkley!

****ing troll stop posting in 2 year old threads.

Sir Charles
04-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Sir Charles do you consider Tim Duncan a power forward or a center?

Many people say Tim Duncan plays actually like a center, but he only calls himself a power forward to avoid comparison with the GOAT centers such as Hakeem, Chamberlain, Kareem.

He is Better than mot Centers any how :confusedshrug: except for Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem, Prime Sabonis, D-Rob and he is right there with Moses and Pat IMO.

His style of game and actual game is Total Center. He guards Centers, He is Guarded by Centers, he Positions on the Court like a Center.

Toizumi
04-20-2009, 05:25 AM
He is Better than mot Centers any how :confusedshrug: except for Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem, Prime Sabonis, D-Rob and he is right there with Moses and Pat IMO.

His style of game and actual game is Total Center. He guards Centers, He is Guarded by Centers, he Positions on the Court like a Center.

what? Duncan isnt as good as Sabonis and D-Rob? I'm a big portland fan and I love sabonis.. but come on :hammerhead: and I dont know how Duncan would've matched up against D-Rob but when they played for the same team Timmy was the nr 1 option. Might have had to do with age. But IMO he's a much better player.

JtotheIzzo
04-20-2009, 05:32 AM
nice bump

a lot of great discussion on the first two pages of this thread from some great posters. it is a shame the basketball dialogue in this forum has dropped off so substantially since those days.

this thread is actually a microcosm of the NBA forum. Thoughtful people opining and being respectful at the beginning of the thread before it gets bumped in 2008 and turns into a clownfest with bold typeset and emoticons.

Sir Charles
04-20-2009, 05:38 AM
what? Duncan isnt as good as Sabonis and D-Rob? I'm a big portland fan and I love sabonis.. but come on :hammerhead: and I dont know how Duncan would've matched up against D-Rob but when they played for the same team Timmy was the nr 1 option. Might have had to do with age. But IMO he's a much better player.

A 1989 to 1996-97 Robinson before his major injury would have destroyed Duncan and a Pre 1987 Injury Sabonis the same :rolleyes: :confusedshrug:

Duncan would have held is own in rebounding and was a better passer than Duncan but Offensively he would never have the same impact.

Sabonis destroyed and punked Robinson in 1986 before his injury 1987 and he punked in the same way that Shaq did on anyone in the 2000s and late 90s.

In the NBA Sabonis was a 31 year old man knee crippled man that had nothing to do with a Sabonis of the 80s

Sabonis - 1986 World Championship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mwuNWNSgeQ

Sabonis in 1986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVtjuCQiYTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88SiQPI5ck

Sabonis is the Best European Player Ever (no its not Dirk, Petrovic, Prime Kukoc..) and even Shaq called him the Best Center he played against: him and Hakeem.

Toizumi
04-20-2009, 05:50 AM
A 1989 to 1996-97 Robinson before his major injury would have destroyed Duncan and a Pre 1987 Injury Sabonis the same :rolleyes: :confusedshrug:

Duncan would have held is own in rebounding and was a better passer than Duncan but Offensively he would never have the same impact.

Sabonis destroyed and punked Robinson in 1986 before his injury 1987 and he punked in the same way that Shaq did on anyone in the 2000s and late 90s.

In the NBA Sabonis was a 31 year old man knee crippled man that had nothing to do with a Sabonis of the 80s

Sabonis in 1986

Sabonis is the Best European Player Ever (no its not Dirk, Petrovic, Prime Kukoc..) and even Shaq called him the Best Center he played against: him and Hakeem.

ok point taken. pre nba Sabonis was indeed a monster. I knew that and had seen footage before (cant check the youtube clips cause I

snipes12
04-20-2009, 08:43 AM

Sabonis in 1986

can sombedy photoshopped an image of a homer inside a room full of charles barkley's posters and memorabilias

Manute for Ever!
04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Sir Charles that is twice you have bumped this thread... Once after it had been dead for 27 months and this time after five months

http://www.co211.info/images/need-help-finding-help.jpg

Jasper
04-20-2009, 10:05 PM
2006 2008 2009 barkley thread bumped by CB :wtf:

I can't believe it ..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yung D-Will
05-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Well at first I was saying Charles but now I think I'm swaying towards Malone.