PDA

View Full Version : Rockets trade Bonzi Wells, Mike James to Hornets for Bobby Jackson

rezznor
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3255700

Hornets talking about getting Rockets' Wells, James

By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: February 20, 2008, 7:52 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Every top team in the Western Conference has made a significant move this season. Every team, that is, except the one at the very top.

Well, that may be about to end. The New Orleans Hornets are on the verge of making their move.

Sources have told ESPN.com that the Hornets and Houston Rockets were in serious discussions Wednesday night on a multi-player deal that would send Mike James and Bonzi Wells to New Orleans for Bobby Jackson and one or two other players.

Different variations of the deal were still being worked on as of early Wednesday evening, but the deal appeared to have a better than 50-50 chance of going through, according to two sources with knowledge of the talks.

Of the top six teams in the Western Conference (based upon the standings entering Wednesday night's games), only the Hornets have not made a significant move. Phoenix acquired Shaquille O'Neal, the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol, Utah acquired Kyle Korver, San Antonio signed Damon Stoudamire and Dallas traded for Jason Kidd.

The Rockets, tied with Denver for seventh in the West, also have not made any big moves.

The proposed Rockets-Hornets deal would give New Orleans two veteran scorers, and a little more size with Bells, off the bench. The Hornets also remain interested in re-signing forward Chris Andersen if his drug banishment is lifted by the NBA, although the wheels are turning slowly on his application for reinstatement. New Orleans also has reached out to unsigned free agent veteran P.J. Brown.

This trade makes sense for the Rockets because they can get out from under James' contract, which runs through 2009-10. James, who logged a total of only 39 minutes in the past 25 games, is due to make $6 million next season and has a player option for $6.4 million the following season, while Wells ($2.3 million) comes off the books after this season.

Jackson has one year remaining at $6.1 million, and the Hornets have also been trying to move Rasual Butler, who is due $3.6 and $3.9 over the next two years. It would make sense that New Orleans would try to include him in this trade, although one source indicated that Butler's inclusion was a possible sticking point because of the luxury tax implications for the Rockets.

thenextgreatbigman
02-20-2008, 09:26 PM
....because the rockets are really in need of a point guard

rezznor
02-20-2008, 09:27 PM
if they make this move then they will be more willing to go through with the brooks trade.

Showtime
02-20-2008, 09:27 PM
I like this deal, because Pargo and Jackson play the same roles, that of the backup PG that can score. If one goes, it won't hurt them that much, especially since Bonzi will come in and be a huge boost off the bench. Butler will probably be packaged with him to make the deal work.

Interminator
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
^^Bobby Jackson?

New Orleans actually gets better with this deal,Mike James could get more shots and Bonzi Wells could be a good defensive presence against a guy like Kobe or Josh Howard in the Playoffs

thenextgreatbigman
02-20-2008, 09:30 PM
i'll take that back, i thought it was bonzi for bob, didn't see mike jones in there.

wang4three
02-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Adelman wants his Kings players back.

SCY
02-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Jackson's not a PG, and he's completely washed up. Even if he was still any good, Rafer's playing really well & Bonzi while inconsistent is still a great tool off the bench. This is a terrible, terrible idea.

Showtime
02-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Adelman wants his Kings players back.
If that was the case, look for T-Mac for Peja + Bobby J + filler.

rezznor
this trade would be great for rockets chemistry :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cyfI7gF0a8&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=143016&page=2&pp=20

konex
Bonzi can't guard elite 2-guards anymore. I don't really like this move for NO with the names mentioned..

Showtime
02-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Imagine this deal going down...and remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cyfI7gF0a8

LOL

Edit: DAMN! beat me to it.

rezznor
02-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Jackson's not a PG, and he's completely washed up. Even if he was still any good, Rafer's playing really well & Bonzi while inconsistent is still a great tool off the bench. This is a terrible, terrible idea.
the only way i can see this happening is if there is another deal in the works. remember that bonzi's contract is up this year. not saying im for this trade at all, but Morey is no idiot.

el_locoteee
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
the only way i can see this happening is if there is another deal in the works. remember that bonzi's contract is up this year. not saying im for this trade at all, but Morey is no idiot.

Yes, IF they get Artest or Mike Miller it will make sense but they better be sure or we are screw.

FPower
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Bonzi can't guard elite 2-guards anymore. I don't really like this move for NO with the names mentioned..

Mike James and Bonzi for nothing is a bad deal?

Perezident
02-20-2008, 09:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cyfI7gF0a8&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=143016&page=2&pp=20
lol and look at #52 isnt he the gay guy who came out the closet and wrote the book?

He isnt even trying to break the fight lol more like gettin some close action with players he always wanted to touch LMAO

Nygher
02-20-2008, 09:45 PM
WTF

Doesn't Houston have like 300 point guards?

Steve Francis
Rafer Alston
Luther Head
Mike James
Aaron Brooks

Smh

Then add Bobby Jackson...geez

How about going out and adding depth to your two forward positions idiots

The Answer
02-20-2008, 09:48 PM
This is interesting. I like the idea of dumping James, a horrible chucker who has shown himself to be of little value to the Rockets, but the thought of getting rid of Bonzi is somewhat troubling, regardless of his inconsistency. Hornets fans, tell me: How much does Jackson have left in the tank?

SCY
02-20-2008, 09:48 PM
WTF

Doesn't Houston have like 300 point guards?

No

Steve Francis- out for the year
Rafer Alston- starter
Luther Head- SG
Mike James- in the deal
Aaron Brooks- backup

Log off and buy a clue.

rezznor
02-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Yes, IF they get Artest or Mike Miller it will make sense but they better be sure or we are screw.
im thinking a deal for miller is in place. Morey is friends with the memphis gm from the boston days, so i dont think he would backstab us if a second verbal trade is in place after this NO one. thats the only reason why i see the NO trade could happen.

The Answer
02-20-2008, 09:50 PM

Ha! I had almost forgotten about that incident.

Rockets(T-mac)
02-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I really don't want to lose Bonzi. He is a great energy guy off the bench.

fatboy11
02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
This deal alone doesn't make much sense. There would have to be something else in the works.

MrEncinas
02-20-2008, 10:32 PM
lol and look at #52 isnt he the gay guy who came out the closet and wrote the book?

He isnt even trying to break the fight lol more like gettin some close action with players he always wanted to touch LMAO
:rolleyes:

wTFaMonkey
02-20-2008, 10:35 PM
WTF?!?!!?

HORRIBLE DEAL!!!!

i hope we get mike miller thoe

that would be awesome
:D :D

TMac&Luther
02-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm having a difficult time understanding this trade...........this better not be the only thing they have in mind, because Houston isn't getting crap back in this deal.

wTFaMonkey
02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
im almost certain they would have to do another deal.

no way this is it.

just no way

FPower
02-20-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm having a difficult time understanding this trade...........this better not be the only thing they have in mind, because Houston isn't getting crap back in this deal.

The way this deal has been reported allows Houston to get out of Jame's contract. The cost of doing so is losing Bonzi. That doesn't seem like the direction the organization would be going though, so I'm doubtful about these reports.

wTFaMonkey
02-20-2008, 10:52 PM
The way this deal has been reported allows Houston to get out of Jame's contract. The cost of doing so is losing Bonzi. That doesn't seem like the direction the organization would be going though, so I'm doubtful about these reports.

but we could do that in offseason.

its not the right time now.

soo, im guessing there is a another deal in the works

NO way we lose one of our key bench players

FPower
02-20-2008, 10:56 PM
but we could do that in offseason.

Not necessarily. Isn't Bonzi a free agent this summer? The only reason the Hornets are interested in giving Jax's expirer is because they want Bonzi for their playoff push.

But I still don't feel like Houston should be "shedding salary" mode. No reason to give up on the season yet. All they need is the spring miracle of healthy Tmac and Yao, and I still have faith in their personnel to challenge anyone in the playoffs.

wTFaMonkey
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Not necessarily. Isn't Bonzi a free agent this summer? The only reason the Hornets are interested in giving Jax's expirer is because they want Bonzi for their playoff push.

But I still don't feel like Houston should be "shedding salary" mode. No reason to give up on the season yet. All they need is the spring miracle of healthy Tmac and Yao, and I still have faith in their personnel to challenge anyone in the playoffs.

i mean we could unload mike james salary in the offseason. not necessarily james+bonzi for jax

FPower
02-20-2008, 11:08 PM
i mean we could unload mike james salary in the offseason. not necessarily james+bonzi for jax

Yeah, I understand. And it could happen. I'm just saying right now is when teams vying for the playoffs are willing to take on bad contracts for their playoff push. This kind of deal would be harder to pull off in the off-season. But this isn't a good deal for the Rockets, so I suppose that doesn't really matter.

DatZNasty
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Bobby Jackson is shooting 200% from the field right now against the Mavs. Never mind that it takes him like 6 seconds to t up a shot and his form looks like it really hurts his old fragile body, nobody's getting out there and he's drilling them.

TMac&Luther
02-21-2008, 12:27 AM
It's nothing but a damn salary dump...

Jonathan - have you heard anything about the ESPN rumored deal of Wells + Bonzi to the Hornets for Bobby Jackson and another player? If so, who would that other player be? Is this a salary dump?

(Yeah, I have something written on that, too. There are a lot of moving parts, but Jackson for James are the primaries. The Rockets would rather Kirk Snyder be in the deal than Wells, but they want Jackson to have a veteran backup point, and to have one less season on his contract than they have on James'. Adelman thinks a great deal of Jackson. The way I worded it in my story is that it has been tabled until tomorrow, but they are still talking to someone tonight, so things could change. It's not something to trigger a different deal, though. -- Jonathan)

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/02/skip_to_my_wow_winning_streak.html

So no, it sounds like this isn't a move to position ourselves for Miller or anybody else............just looks like a damn salary dump. Right in the middle of a playoff run, Houston just wants to dump a solid rotation player and send him to a divisional rival that has no freaking bench....just to shed one year off a damn contract......WTF are they thinking.

rezznor
02-21-2008, 12:34 AM

fatboy11
02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Is this going down or what?

TMac&Luther
02-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Is this going down or what?

I fukcing hope not........even I can't "spin" this move. :oldlol:

rezznor
02-21-2008, 12:47 AM
if what the blog says is true..i hope this isnt happening.:banghead:

fatboy11
02-21-2008, 12:49 AM
I fukcing hope not........even I can't "spin" this move. :oldlol:I hope not also.

I mean, who would take Bonzi's minutes? It's not even a matter of anyone just really not wanting Bonzi to get traded. It's all about who is going to take his minutes that's worth a damn. Novak? Snyder? Chuck Hayes?

I'm reading that the Rockets don't want Rasual Butler because of the luxury tax. Man, whatever. They better take him and give him Bonzi's minutes or our bench is going to suck.

El Kabong
02-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I must admit, a Jazz fan, this pleases me. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me from an unobjective basketball fan stantpoint, looking at it from Houston's perspective.

LutherHeadJob
02-21-2008, 01:20 AM
i know whats going on :lol:

we trade bonzi and james for jackson and butler, move butler and a pick for miller and trade brooks, synder and a pick for artest :rockon:

actually no i don't know WFT is going on

SCY
02-21-2008, 01:38 AM
B-Jax's contract is NOT expiring. It's 2 years instead of Mike's 3, but that's just a horrible reason to drop off a bench contributor to a team in your conference. I'm really pissed.

El Kabong
02-21-2008, 01:43 AM
Yahoo have the Rockets also getting Adam Haluska and Marcus Vinicius whom I really have no clue about.

SCY
02-21-2008, 01:49 AM
Julian Wright's the only prospect that would make this trade OK.

el_locoteee
02-21-2008, 02:04 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5557975.html

SCY
02-21-2008, 02:13 AM
The interesting part of the article is this- "Memphis will receive forward Marcus Vinicius."

Hopefully that means there is an upcoming deal between Houston & Memphis, and the Rockets didn't just feel like giving a handout.

Hotlantadude81
02-21-2008, 02:16 AM
Bonzi is probably more trouble than he is worth so they should turn this trade down.

brantonli
02-21-2008, 02:23 AM
If it had been Snyder and James for Jackson, I would've been happy, but Bonzi has been, well not exactly a star, but a threat enough off the bench not to be left wide open (although admittedly can't consistently hit the three). This is a strange trade, and I don't know if the trade deadline has gone past yet, when is it?

rezznor
02-21-2008, 02:30 AM
with jackson backing up rafer now, i think this frees up brooks to be traded for Artest. Also, now that James is gone, will this give the rockets room to offer Artest an extension, or does Jackson make too much?

el_locoteee
02-21-2008, 02:40 AM
with jackson backing up rafer now, i think this frees up brooks to be traded for Artest. Also, now that James is gone, will this give the rockets room to offer Artest an extension, or does Jackson make too much?

5,670,000 this year

$6,090,000 Next year.

Showtime
02-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Here's my question about this deal:

Rockets are hot, the hornets are in 1st place, so why tinker with key role players? Roster flexibility for future seasons? This is a tight race with two CONTENDERS (making playoffs), so why make these moves right NOW? It's not like they are on the way down and need to make changes, rather it's quite the opposite.

rezznor
02-21-2008, 02:55 AM
NO wanted a bench, so understandable for them. rockets knew they were gonna lose bonzi this summer anyways, so took the opportunity to dump MJ i guess. Rockets fans are pissed if no second trade happens tomorrow.

wTFaMonkey
02-21-2008, 02:58 AM
damnIT

i hope we do get another trade in..

most likely not. wow... LES IS A **** TARD

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

brantonli
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
damnIT

i hope we do get another trade in..

most likely not. wow... LES IS A **** TARD

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I read that the trade deadline is 'tomrrow 3:00 pm' but when's that?

Showtime
02-21-2008, 03:19 AM
A few years ago, the kings traded Bobby to the Grizz for Bonzi. Now, the hornets are trading Bobby for Bonzi. Has this every happened before where two players are traded for each other more than once?

brwnman
02-21-2008, 03:20 AM
I actually like this move for NO alot - they are lacking depth and this gives them a little backcourt depth with some height and toughness for the backcourt - nice...

LutherHeadJob
02-21-2008, 03:22 AM
if houston don't end up with mike miller i will come over and stab morey

wTFaMonkey
02-21-2008, 03:23 AM
if houston don't end up with mike miller i will come over and stab morey

also, stab les while your at it.

it will make my day

either that or we get mike miller

soo your stabbing morey+les or we gert mike miller.. either or. it will make my day :D :D

SCdac
02-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Steve Francis played 10 games of inconsistent minutes, and surgery ended his season... The Rockets waived Jackie Butler before the season started... Now they trade away Bonzi Wells and Mike James...

It seems like all the players that had everybody swooning over Houston's offseason moves have been dealt, or turned out to be duds... Though it's not like they're losing, quite the opposite... Picking up Scola is definitely their saving grace. I'll give them that. When they traded for him, it seemed like a huge move at the time. Now that you look back though it sort of pales in comparison to players like Garnett, Shaq, Gasol, and Kidd getting traded... But what about these other players? Is Francis career over or what? Adelman found no use for Bonzi?

kidachi
02-21-2008, 07:47 AM
A few years ago, the kings traded Bobby to the Grizz for Bonzi. Now, the hornets are trading Bobby for Bonzi. Has this every happened before where two players are traded for each other more than once?

Van Horn and Tim Thomas.. PHI-NJ and MIL-NY.

TMac&Luther
02-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Bonzi is probably more trouble than he is worth so they should turn this trade down.

Dude, that is so played out it's not even funny........Bonzi got unfairly wrapped up in the "Jailblazer" scene when he didn't even get involved in hardly any off the court issues.

Outside of him and JVG not being on the same page He's been nothing, but a model citizen in Houston and he'll be a productive bench player in NOLA.........if he's so much trouble and y'all don't want him, then send his ass back, because quite frankly I'm tired of Houston giving hand outs to New Orleans.

First we let y'all over take the city
Then we gift wrap the most hyped player to come out of the NFL draft in the last 15 years (although that one kinda backfired on y'all)

and

now, we throw away a productive rotation guy to a team that has absolutely no depth for nothing, but peanuts and one year shaved off Mike James' contract and then Hornet fans are just going to bitch about it.

cajunboi
02-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Hornets fans, tell me: How much does Jackson have left in the tank?

He was a big part of the win last night against the Mavs. But Bonzi will bring something to the Hornets that they need...someone coming off the bench to help West guard against Kobe.

Dwight_Howard12
02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
IMO this is the second worst trade this year(if it happens) after the Pau - Kwame trade.

SCREWstonRockets
02-21-2008, 10:33 AM
So who replaces Bonzi? He was our only guard with size that had game. Wish it would have been Kirk but oh well. Something tells me there is another trade in the works? Because it doesn't make much sense to give up a big part of our bench. At least we got rid of Mike James' contract.

tenzan
02-21-2008, 10:35 AM
So who replaces Bonzi? He was our only guard with size that had game. Wish it would have been Kirk but oh well. Something tells me there is another trade in the works? Because it doesn't make much sense to give up a big part of our bench.

Bonzi also plays the small forward position and power forward position when the Rockets go small.

This makes no sense, Bonzi is a good defender and rebounder.

cajunboi
02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
now, we throw away a productive rotation guy to a team that has absolutely no depth for nothing, but peanuts and one year shaved off Mike James' contract and then Hornet fans are just going to bitch about it.

You wont hear me b@#chin about it. I think its a great deal for Hornets. I think Bonzi will fit in just fine down here. As far as the comment about people overtaking Houston...sorry about your 2-cent luck. We are trying to rebuild a whole city, stop complaining about a little population surge.

Good Old Willy
02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Here's my question about this deal:

Rockets are hot, the hornets are in 1st place, so why tinker with key role players? Roster flexibility for future seasons? This is a tight race with two CONTENDERS (making playoffs), so why make these moves right NOW? It's not like they are on the way down and need to make changes, rather it's quite the opposite.

Well, Houston' position is misleading. Not "hot". The org is in season-long stasis.

If you really consider the rockets in relation to the other top West teams, they really are not going anywhere this year. Sooner or later you have to get rid of the team's negative players before the real winning can start. Might as well move James (a liability in so many ways) and Bonzi and start the process for next year.

NO - not sure why they would take those two. Maybe they think they can get 3 months of excited motivated ball out of them?

SCREWstonRockets
02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
:oldlol: @ Rockets fans being so mad that they're turning this into a New Orleans vs Houston thing.

First we let y'all over take the city
Then we gift wrap the most hyped player to come out of the NFL draft in the last 15 years (although that one kinda backfired on y'all)

and

now, we throw away a productive rotation guy to a team that has absolutely no depth for nothing, but peanuts and one year shaved off Mike James' contract and then Hornet fans are just going to bitch about it.:roll:

Optimus Prime
02-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Didn't the Rockets just trade for Mike James this past off season?

:roll:

Is Pat Riley the GM in Houston too?

:)

boozehound
02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
NO - not sure why they would take those two. Maybe they think they can get 3 months of excited motivated ball out of them?
well, first, I bet bonzi is glad he took that player's option for this year but hey at least they are being moved to a contender.

and james isnt trash. he can be a good defender (remember him and lindsey as the "bulldogs" off the bench in 04?) and he can fill it up. He could be a nice change of pace and can play the 2 as well. I think this is a very good trade for NO, not sure for the rox other than losing a guy who didnt play much (james). DO they have a backup wing now?

Good Old Willy
02-21-2008, 11:46 AM
well, first, I bet bonzi is glad he took that player's option for this year but hey at least they are being moved to a contender.

and james isnt trash. he can be a good defender (remember him and lindsey as the "bulldogs" off the bench in 04?) and he can fill it up. He could be a nice change of pace and can play the 2 as well. I think this is a very good trade for NO, not sure for the rox other than losing a guy who didnt play much (james). DO they have a backup wing now?

Well doesn't point-center T-Mac play all the positions? :)

Regarding James, yes I remember his D. All too well. In the past when he was motivated, healthy and quick, he SOMETIMES was an ok defender. Today James is trash and his defense is horrible. Add the contract, personality issues, wild shooting, inconsistency, uncoachability...

Lastly he lost the starting job in Houston to Alston (ALSTON!!!) another chucking attitude guy, who happens to be one of the worst defensive players in the league not in his rookie or soph year.

Gundress
02-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't understand this trade, its really stupid trade for Houston but good trade for NO.

Dbrog
02-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Evidently just turned official.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5557996.html

NO got a rediculous steal. Jackson was good when he was on the kings...not so much after that.

The move was evidently so the Rockets could get under the luxury tax

bagelred
02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
In order to make the trade work under salary cap rules, New Orleans had to sign George Mikan to a $5million contract. He has to report to Houston.

boozehound
02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Evidently just turned official.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5557996.html

NO got a rediculous steal. Jackson was good when he was on the kings...not so much after that.
nah, thats been up since last night (1:12 am apparently). Same old unconfirmed confirmation

KobesOneUglyTat
02-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Trade allows Hornets, Rockets to keep up with West shakers
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: February 21, 2008, 2:05 PM ET

Every top team in the Western Conference has made a significant move this season. Every team, that is, except the one at the very top.

Well, that ended Thursday when the New Orleans Hornets made a trade of their own.

The Hornets, Houston Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies finalized a multi-player swap that sends Mike James and Bonzi Wells to New Orleans, with Bobby Jackson, Adam Haluska and a second-round draft pick going to Houston.

New Orleans officially announced the deal Thursday afternoon, an hour before the 3 p.m. ET NBA trading deadline.

Different variations of the deal evolved Wednesday evening, and the Grizzlies got involved to make it a three-team deal.

Memphis receives Brazilian forward Marcus Vinicius from the Hornets. The draft rights to Ukrainian forward Sergei Lishchuk, a second-round pick of the Grizzlies in 2004, were sent to Houston. The Grizzlies, which also get cash considerations from Houston, acquired the draft rights to Senegalese center Malick Badiane, a second-round pick in 2003, from the Rockets.

Of the top six teams in the West (based upon the standings entering Wednesday night's games), only the Hornets hadn't made a significant move. Phoenix acquired Shaquille O'Neal, the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol, Utah acquired Kyle Korver, San Antonio signed Damon Stoudamire and traded for Kurt Thomas, and Dallas traded for Jason Kidd.

The Rockets, tied with Denver for seventh in the West, also have not made any big moves.

The Rockets-Hornets-Grizzlies deal gives New Orleans two veteran scorers, and a little more size with Wells, off the bench. The Hornets also remain interested in re-signing forward Chris Andersen if his drug banishment is lifted by the NBA, although the wheels are turning slowly on Andersen's application for reinstatement. New Orleans also has reached out to unsigned free agent veteran P.J. Brown.

This trade makes sense for the Rockets because they get out from under James' contract, which runs through 2009-10. James, who logged a total of only 39 minutes in the past 25 games, is due to make $6 million next season and has a player option for $6.4 million the following season, while Wells ($2.3 million) comes off the books after this season. Jackson has one year remaining at $6.1 million, and the Hornets have also been trying to move Rasual Butler, who is due $3.6 and $3.9 over the next two years.

Chris Sheridan is an ESPN.com NBA Insider.

JKidd2Nowitzki
02-21-2008, 03:17 PM
uhhh dude, look at the title, it clearly says 2008, dolt.

catzhernandez
02-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Are you stupid?

KobesOneUglyTat
02-21-2008, 03:20 PM

You clearly not working with what I am, dood. In 05 the Kings shipped Jackson to the Grizz for Bonzi. In other words, this will be the second time they'll have been traded for each other.

MrEncinas
02-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Are you stupid?
:oldlol:

JKidd2Nowitzki
02-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Are you stupid?

Yes but atleast im not a mexican feline.

NY Comeback
02-21-2008, 03:28 PM
:wtf:

catzhernandez
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.outlandjava.com/java/images/mexican_cat.jpg

**** you

artificial
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
that made my day. not only ignorance, but also arrogance and naiveness in the quote :roll:

artest 93
02-21-2008, 03:34 PM
that made my day. not only ignorance, but also arrogance and naiveness in the quote :roll:

HAHA second that. its just a strange one altogether. giggles*

yeah i giggled so what? got a problem? HAHA jk im high

gasolina
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
:roll:

Rockets(T-mac)
02-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't feel too good about this Bonzi was very good for us. He brought rebounding and scoring off the bench. Jackson can score, I know that....we'll see how he does in the system.

luigi>mario
02-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Houston should have kept Bonze Wells
He was maybe the only guy doing the Adelman thing.

Rockets(T-mac)
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Houston should have kept Bonze Wells
He was maybe the only guy doing the Adelman thing.
Yeah thats why I have my doubts about his trade. They should have tried to get him for someone else. Bonzi was great in the system and pretty productive. I think they wanted a vet for the pg and sg spots for the playoffs off the bench. Lets see how Adelman changes his rotation now.

TMac&Luther
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
IMO this is the second worst trade this year(if it happens) after the Pau - Kwame trade.

Wow.....way to overreact.

Look while most of us Houston fans are questioning the trade......it's far from the second worst trade. We're talking about a rotation player, not a franchise every day contributor.

Yes, Houston could be taking a chance on missing a certain ingredient in their offense, but they do get out of the Mike James contract and now will have a pretty big expirer to trade next season.

We also get a veteran backup guard to Alston that has experience in this system..........while I'd rather have Bonzi, it's far from the 2nd worst trade in the NBA and isn't even on the same planet as the Gasol trade.

weakbomb
02-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Rick Adelman wants to see old days performances from Bobby Jackson. But its not possible. Houston is the losing side in this trade.

Showtime
02-21-2008, 08:09 PM
At first, I didn't like this move, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense from NO's standpoint. Not only will they get a great boost off the bench, but by sending Haluska and Vinicius along with Jackson, that opens up another spot on the roster for possibly Chris Anderson's return (Hornets still own his rights), or the return of PJ Brown to give them another big body down low.

Paul
Peterson
Peja
West
TC
-----
Pargo
James
Bonzi
Ely/Bowen/Birdman?
Armstrong/PJ Brown?

TMac&Luther
02-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Rick Adelman wants to see old days performances from Bobby Jackson. But its not possible. Houston is the losing side in this trade.

Wrong, this move wasn't made, because Adelman has crazy ass senile visions of Bobby Jackson rolling back the clock and bringing back the glory days, in fact this will be the only year he'll be on the team (see reason C.)..........this move was made, because...

A. The Rockets don't expect Bonzi to be back next year, which means we were entering the final couple of months of Bonzi being a Houston Rocket anyways.

B. Mike James sucks donkey balls, has sucked donkey balls for the last two years and Houston didn't feel like watching him suck donkey balls for another two years under contract..........dude had a horrible contract that was aparently priority #1 to be moved.....he was also becoming a malcontent on the bench, bitching about his playing time.

and

C. Houston wants a large expiring contract next year to be able to make some prime moves......next year Bobby Jackson will have a 6+ million dollar expiring contract....If Houston had that kind of expirer this year they would've been able to do so damage at the trade deadline.

So all in all, while I was pissed this morning and still don't want to see Bonzi go, I can still see where this trade is clearly going to benefit Houston down the road.

kidachi
02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
AdelmanLovesBJax

final.wrath
02-22-2008, 04:04 PM
The Hornets should have hung on to Bobby Jackson's contract. He could have been used in a deal next season that would've put the Hornets over the top.

Now they are stuck (no moveable big salaries) with this team which is probably overachieving. Yes Chris Paul is amazing but without a superstar sidekick I don't think they'll be able to get through to the finals with such fierce competition. Especially since the playoffs are a marathon grind and if the relatively frail Paul goes down the Hornets are screwed.

GOAT:MANU
02-22-2008, 05:03 PM
what's just happened in Rocekts????? has Bonzi been traded?? WTF!!! they should trade Tmac, because you can never count on him anymore, back problem+mental illness. I will trade him and keep bonzi

boozehound
02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
B. Mike James sucks donkey balls, has sucked donkey balls for the last two years and Houston didn't feel like watching him suck donkey balls for another two years under contract..........dude had a horrible contract that was aparently priority #1 to be moved.....he was also becoming a malcontent on the bench, bitching about his playing time.
cmon man, even you have to admit that this is all in hindsight. whyd you bring him back after his first stint if hes so terrible. is your front office that inept at evaluating talent? post hoc bull****

TMac&Luther
02-22-2008, 05:57 PM
cmon man, even you have to admit that this is all in hindsight. whyd you bring him back after his first stint if hes so terrible. is your front office that inept at evaluating talent? post hoc bull****

What the **** are you rambling about........hindsight

If you don't even know why Mike James was brought back for a second stint you shouldn't bother posting, but I'll waste my time and go ahead and tell you anyway

Juwan Howard........remember that guy, another guy who had a fcuking rediculous contract also? Rockets figured they could exchange his sh!tty contract for James' sh!tty contract, that way if they're going to be stuck with a sh!tty contract, might as well get one of a player that fits a need (PG depth), isn't playing like he's 40, is only one year removed from a career year, and had a chance at helping the team.

I really don't know WTF all this "is your front office that inept at evaluating talent?", since Houston wasn't the ones that signed James to that contract, you might want to go ask Minnesota that question........we just picked it up to get rid of another...........then exchanged it for Bobby Jackson's whose a expirer next season.

If you need a clue on the teams "talent evaluation", you might want to go look at the rookies they have this season, including the player they plucked out of the second round.........who they targeted and traded up to get......but then again, I guess all this is just post hoc bullshit too huh.

final.wrath
02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
all I know is the Rockets were not benifited by bringing in Mike James and Steve Francis

Bobby Jackson and Aaron Brooks probably will get packaged at some point.

As for talent evaluation... I think Dumars takes the cake.

TMac&Luther
02-22-2008, 07:09 PM
all I know is the Rockets were not benifited by bringing in Mike James and Steve Francis

Bobby Jackson and Aaron Brooks probably will get packaged at some point.

As for talent evaluation... I think Dumars takes the cake.

Steve Francis was a zero risk high reward player......he was signed for peanuts

trading for Mike James was smart, because we had no need for Juwan Howard and had to get rid of his contract.......again another low risk high pay off.

When your cap strapped like Houston has been these are really the only kinda moves you can make, now Daryl Morey has taken over and is making moves to make Houston more flexible under the cap......next season because of trades such as Bobby Jackson/Bonzi Wells, Houston has the flexibility to add a legit real talent.

P.S. Bobby Jackson and Aaron Brooks won't be packaged....Houston believes Brooks is the future. Bobby Jackson just adds a veteran backup for this year (will be moved the next), while Aaron is learning the ropes, so Rafer will be able to get some rest, basically what Mike James was supposed to provide.

02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
well, why they don't trade T-MAC???!!! Because no team wants him????

rezznor
02-22-2008, 08:16 PM
well, why they don't trade T-MAC???!!! Because no team wants him????your that rockets "fan" that everyone hated last year arent you? the one that kept calling yao his baby and wanted to trade tmac for kobe? damn, i was hoping you were gone for good.

02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
your that rockets "fan" that everyone hated last year arent you? the one that kept calling yao his baby and wanted to trade tmac for kobe? damn, i was hoping you were gone for good.

Ok, my bad, keep t-mac, he's so overpaid player, you can have a cheaper player for what he does, so why keep him??????????????!!!!!!!!!!
the fact is no team wants him.

02-22-2008, 08:20 PM
tmac is just another Francis steve, those players don't understand "t-e-a-m w-o-r-k"

02-22-2008, 08:22 PM
well said, exactly, Benzi is a solide bench player, Rockets should fire Adelman. they need 1 big fella with 6'11, another tower beside yao

TMac&Luther
02-22-2008, 08:24 PM
tmac is just another Francis steve, those players don't understand "t-e-a-m w-o-r-k"

Oh I guess that's why Tmac struggles asisting his teammates and doing a great job at setting others up.......oh wait nevermind. :rolleyes:

TMac&Luther
02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
well said, exactly, Benzi is a solide bench player, Rockets should fire Adelman. they need 1 big fella with 6'11, another tower beside yao

Quit trolling this thread.....Bonzi was a good bench player/depth that got pushed out of minutes by emerging players, having said that, we needed a reliable back up point more.........also stop acting like you know so much about the MOFO, you can't even spell the mutherfcukers name. :oldlol: who the **** is Benzi?

02-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh I guess that's why Tmac struggles asisting his teammates and doing a great job at setting others up.......oh wait nevermind. :rolleyes:

well, all you said is true, but you can't count on him when pressure comes, we all know that, beside he's not a consistent player. i'd rather see others play a team game than to have him on the court. last game when he was down on the floor, he would quit the game if Heat leaded... he becomes so fragile....with his back, leg,... who knows what problems he's "get".

02-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Quit trolling this thread.....Bonzi was a good bench player/depth that got pushed out of minutes by emerging players, having said that, we needed a reliable back up point more.........also stop acting like you know so much about the MOFO, you can't even spell the mutherfcukers name. :oldlol: who the **** is Benzi?

you idiot, if you want a champion ship, you have to some solid players, tmac isn't the choice, because you don't know when he will be "injured", he's got serious back problem and serious mental problems (which is the worst problem of the earth, because if you are mentally ill, you are finished). you muther****er

TMac&Luther
02-22-2008, 08:44 PM
you idiot, if you want a champion ship, you have to some solid players, tmac isn't the choice, because you don't know when he will be "injured", he's got serious back problem and serious mental problems (which is the worst problem of the earth, because if you are mentally ill, you are finished). you muther****er

When was the last time Tmac had a back problem since he began treatment with his new doctor......anyone......anyone, yeah STFU

and

What the fcuk is this "Tracy has mental problems". :oldlol:

Houston has solid players, but even with Bonzi they aren't favorites to win it all and in all reality this isn't their year......with the Bobby Jackson expirer they'll be better suited to pick up a real piece to help them next season....Bonzi wasn't going to be here next season anyways. Stop acting like you know WTF is going on or like you know how to build a team......tell me what team do you work for again?

02-22-2008, 08:45 PM
your that rockets "fan" that everyone hated last year arent you? the one that kept calling yao his baby and wanted to trade tmac for kobe? damn, i was hoping you were gone for good.

who on the earth will trade kobe for TMAC????!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M not saying that kobe is the best player but
KOBE>>>>>>>>>>>>TMAC for sure.

02-22-2008, 08:48 PM
When was the last time Tmac had a back problem since he began treatment with his new doctor......anyone......anyone, yeah STFU

and

What the fcuk is this "Tracy has mental problems". :oldlol:

Houston has solid players, but even with Bonzi they aren't favorites to win it all and in all reality this isn't their year......with the Bobby Jackson expirer they'll be better suited to pick up a real piece to help them next season....Bonzi wasn't going to be here next season anyways. Stop acting like you know WTF is going on or like you know how to build a team......tell me what team do you work for again?

and what team do you work for again??? when i was in the college, i'm a coach assistant, and my team was 3 years champion in my 4 years coaching time.

and if you know well the basketball, is trying to trade TMAC for MANU, the truely winner (and a cheap one, with tmac's salary you can have manu)

rezznor
02-22-2008, 08:53 PM
and what team do you work for again??? when i was in the college, i'm a coach assistant, and my team was 3 years champion in my 4 years coaching time.

and if you know well the basketball, is trying to trade TMAC for MANU, the truely winner (and a cheap one, with tmac's salary you can have manu)
If you were in college, you should call them and ask for your money back.

TMac&Luther
02-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Yeah like we're going to believe that.........hey guys, this is a college coach we're talking too...(yet this college educated man can't even fcuking spell). My money is on the fact that the closest thing this douchebag ever got to a sideline was when he was refilling the damn gatoraide jugs.

Your just a dumbass troll who hopped into a Rockets related thread and started spouting about crap that A. you know nothing about and B. has nothing to do with this thread.:sleeping You bring no substance to this thread and quite frankly just aren't worth my time anymore so I bid you goodbye......now continue your lame ass hate (poor guy :oldlol: has nothing better to do than start flame wars on the internet.......just go hang yourself already).

02-22-2008, 08:57 PM
If you were in college, you should call them and ask for your money back.
why???? i've got a pretty good job, i'm working in NYSE euronext in europe.
i've got 1 master of economics, 1 master of finances and 1 master of law. The biggest star of my college, and the most popular person.

02-22-2008, 08:58 PM
what are your jobs guys?????

TMac&Luther
02-22-2008, 09:03 PM

I'm in the military, served in Iraq, now I've recently transferred over to the Coast Guard where I'm a AST2 (rescue swimmer for your dumbass).

rezznor
02-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I started a small internet venture that blew up and sold it for a few billion before
the crash. i then decided to buy a professional sports team to stroke my ego and allow me to sniff jock straps. since then, ive dabbled in reality tv, ballroom dancing, and mma.

el_locoteee
02-23-2008, 07:32 PM

I specialize in discovering fake identities over the internet.

I think this is the real you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgxOhG2nDOA

insidehoops
02-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Bump

wTFaMonkey
02-24-2008, 01:58 PM
manu

you need to stop wasting your time posting and watch more rockets b-ball

obviously, your an idiot. nuff said.