PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Lakers Will Probably Not Make The National Basketball Association Playoff

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Each team has made significant improvements to their lineups.

The Playoff Seedings will probably be in this order:

1) Dallas Mavericks: They still have Dirk Nowitzki and with the additions of Austin Croshere, Maurice Ager, and Devean George. They might be a force to be reckoned with. Avery Johnson is a very good coach who gets the best out of his players.

2) San Antonio Spurs: They still have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Emanuel Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, and Michael Finley. With the addition of Francisco Elson, he makes the San Antonio Spurs tougher than they were in the Center position than last season.

3) Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash still mans the Point Guard position with Shawn Marion still on the wing. Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, and Leandrinho Barbosa are still there and with Amare Stoudemire coming back healthy, they just might be more dangerous next season.

4) Denver Nuggets: Carmelo Anthony will be leading the way assuming he'll be fully recovered. With a healthy Nene Hilario at Power Forward and a full season with Ruben Patterson who adds energy and toughness to this team, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. Denver Nuggets still have Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin, Andre Miller, Eduardo Najera, Earl Boykins, and Jamal Sampson and J.R. Smith as the key new additions.

5) Houston Rockets: Tracy McGrady is coming back with a fury. He'll have something to prove. Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming are going to come together and get this team to the National Basketball Playoffs. With the addition of Shane Battier, Steve Novak, and Kirk Snyder, they might just be a force to be reckoned with. Even though they have All-Star Power Forward Juwan Howard starting at the Power Forward position, they still need help at that position.

6) Los Angeles Clippers: Los Angeles Clippers still have their main core, but with the addition of Tim Thomas, he makes the Los Angeles Clippers stronger offensively and a major candidate to go far in the National Basketball Association Playoffs.

7) Sacramento Kings: A full season with Ron Artest will probably solidify the Sacramento Kings with a Playoff berth. Keep in mind they still have Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. With a player named Pooh Jeter on your roster, how can you not make the National Basketball Association Playoffs??? Saramento Kings will make the National Basketball Association Playoffs.

8) New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets: They were a win or two away from making the National Basketball Association Playoffs with Chris Paul leading the way and with the additions of Pedrag Stoijakovic, Hilton Armstrong, Cedric Simmons, and Tyson Chandler, this will only solidify the chances of the New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets in making the National Basketball Association Playoffs. David West is still around and so is Desmond Mason.

If the New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornet don't make it, then each team in the West has enough talent to make it to the number eight spot barring any injuries.

BodyControl
08-09-2006, 02:32 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing. With the way the Lakers as a team ended the playoffs I thought they would add a key player to the team but they didn't(sorry I'm not a believer in Vlad Rad). Kobe's definitely going to have to have another incredible season or their playoff hopes are done.

AKADS
08-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Lakers have a shot at the 8 seed. I think ppl under estimate PJ Browns leadership in New Orleans. I agree with 1 - 7 fully.

The 8th seed could go a lot of ways.

Memphis was great last yr till Damon got hurt and adding Lowry and Gay in the draft should help them make another push for the playoffs. They are a very tough defencive team and I still they have one more deal to make.

Lakers - Phil and Kobe. They are always going to be competitive.

NO/Oklahoma - You already stated.

Utah - This team is a very solid team. Derek Fisher will help to push Deron into a top tier NBA point gaurd. AK47 and Boozer are one of the best rebounding duos in the game. There 2 spot is a little shaky but Brewer will develope into a solid two by years end. I think this will be a tough team to keep out if they are healthy.

Minny and Seattle are long shot but if they develope chemistry it could happen.

J-Memphis
08-09-2006, 02:39 PM
well the Mavs, Nuggets and Rockets are all "forces to be reckoned with"... if you include the E.C. exactly how many "forces" are there to be reckoned with in the league? 25? 28?

Honestly, Besides the Hornets these are just "safe" guesses for the playoffs. Most are teams who were there or missed it because of ridiculous injury. The Spurs wont be number 2. Theyll drop just a little. With Kobe, the Lakers have a better shot than the Kings before any season starts. And the Grizzlies have a good shot as they are a fantastic regular season team. They should make it, but well leave out the winning a game part for now.

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Lakers have a shot at the 8 seed. I think ppl under estimate PJ Browns leadership in New Orleans. I agree with 1 - 7 fully.

The 8th seed could go a lot of ways.

Memphis was great last yr till Damon got hurt and adding Lowry and Gay in the draft should help them make another push for the playoffs. They are a very tough defencive team and I still they have one more deal to make.

Lakers - Phil and Kobe. They are always going to be competitive.

NO/Oklahoma - You already stated.

Utah - This team is a very solid team. Derek Fisher will help to push Deron into a top tier NBA point gaurd. AK47 and Boozer are one of the best rebounding duos in the game. There 2 spot is a little shaky but Brewer will develope into a solid two by years end. I think this will be a tough team to keep out if they are healthy.

Minny and Seattle are long shot but if they develope chemistry it could happen.

You're right, I even kind of stated that the number eight spot could go to anyone.

laker24
08-09-2006, 03:14 PM
1) Dallas Mavericks:
2) San Antonio Spurs:
3) Phoenix Suns
4) Los Angeles Clippers
5) Sacramento Kings
6) Houston Rockets
7) Denver Nuggets
8) Hornets, Memphis, Lakers, jazz

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 03:23 PM
I strongly disagree that the Lakers will not make the playoffs. First of all, Radmanovic was a solid signing for the midlevel. He may not be the missing piece the Lakers needed, but he is perfect for the triangle which will highlight his main strength, shooting threes. Second, the Lakers have the best coach in the history of the game and they are beginning to understand the triangle. Third, they have Kobe Bryant and that is all I need to say. Finally, the Lakers are not done dealing. They have a major trade asset in Chris Mihm who has an expiring contract and is an attractive player for many teams because he is one of few solid centers remaining in the league.
Also, there is no way Yao and McGrady will both stay healthy the entire season and get the 4 seed. The clippers are much better than them any way. The kings will barely make the playoffs because they are losing their best player in Bonzi. I think the lakers have the potential to grab the 4-5 seed in the West.

Kobe24
08-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I agree with everything you said Purple and Gold. Also,Lakers have hopefully an aggressive Lamar Odom who displayed to everybody at the playoffs that he still can play.

gasolina
08-09-2006, 03:27 PM
2) San Antonio Spurs: They still have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Emanuel Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, and Michael Finley. With the addition of Francisco Elson, he makes the San Antonio Spurs tougher than they were in the Center position than last season.

Nazr was fantastic for them during the regular season. Nazr > Francisco.. just a little bit

5) Houston Rockets: Tracy McGrady is coming back with a fury. He'll have something to prove. Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming are going to come together and get this team to the National Basketball Playoffs. With the addition of Shane Battier, Steve Novak, and Kirk Snyder, they might just be a force to be reckoned with. Even though they have All-Star Power Forward Juwan Howard starting at the Power Forward position, they still need help at that position.

no way they're higher than the clips. Also I think Bob Sura would need to be healthy if they are to make a push.

AKADS
08-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Also, there is no way Yao and McGrady will both stay healthy the entire season and get the 4 seed. The clippers are much better than them any way. The kings will barely make the playoffs because they are losing their best player in Bonzi. I think the lakers have the potential to grab the 4-5 seed in the West.

I have already stated by predictions but I won't be shocked if they geta 5 seed. I really think there will be a lot of teams very close to each other in the standing and whoever finishes the best will get a good seed.

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I think Denver and Sacramento will both be in the same boat as LAL, all competing for the last two or three spots, along with NOK, the Grizz, and possibly Utah or Minny. I think SA, Dallas, LAC, Pho, and Houston (barring major injuries, and in no order) will all be in teh top 5. The last three spots will go to Sac, LA, and Denver. But I'm a Lakers fan, so obviously I think they'll make it.

Timmeh
08-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I strongly disagree that the Lakers will not make the playoffs. First of all, Radmanovic was a solid signing for the midlevel. He may not be the missing piece the Lakers needed, but he is perfect for the triangle which will highlight his main strength, shooting threes. Second, the Lakers have the best coach in the history of the game and they are beginning to understand the triangle. Third, they have Kobe Bryant and that is all I need to say. Finally, the Lakers are not done dealing. They have a major trade asset in Chris Mihm who has an expiring contract and is an attractive player for many teams because he is one of few solid centers remaining in the league.
Also, there is no way Yao and McGrady will both stay healthy the entire season and get the 4 seed. The clippers are much better than them any way. The kings will barely make the playoffs because they are losing their best player in Bonzi. I think the lakers have the potential to grab the 4-5 seed in the West. There is no chance in hell the Lakers are good enough to get the 4 or 5. Kobe and Odom won't carry the team that far. The Jazz, Hornets and Grizzlies are all better than them because those teams have good chemistry. I just don't see the Lakers making it this year. IMO the west ends up like this:

1. Dallas Mavericks
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Houston Rockets

At the end of the year I believe that the Hornets, Grizzlies, Kings, Jazz and Lakers all fight for the 7 and 8 seeds. In the end though I think that the Grizzlies experience puts them at the 7 and the Kings make it in the 8 only because of Ron Artest and Brad Miller. I don't think Kirilenko can lead that team. They will be good after Dee Brown and Deron Williams get more experience. Chris Paul will probably have another good year but that team was a little inconsistent last year.

Kobe24
08-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Hornets? They got like 5 additions and they have good chemistry? :rollingeyes:

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm not all that high on Denver. I don't know why. Maybe some fans can set me straight. I haven't seen much from Nene. Camby is a walking, talking injury. Thye have no shooting guard. And I just don't think Melo is that franchise player everyone's billing him as, and to be. He just doesn't seem to have that ability, like Wade, Kobe, Bron, to take over a game. I haven't seen many of their games, so maybe it was just the certain games I saw, but that's my opinion on them at this point. The only player that I really like is Andre Miller, and even he seems to be slowing down.

Batchoy
08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
I see The Lakers in almost the same position they were in the beginning of last season. They are one of the teams fighting for the last playoff spots. I'd say The Lakers have a fair chance of coming in as the 6th seed again, but I don't think they can get any higher. They are still a mediocre team and unless the big men can start producing consistantly and the PG play gets better, they going to be fighting for that final playoff spot.

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
and the PG play gets better

And we know that isn't going to happen.

Wait, did we just sign Shammond Williams?

Edge
08-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Lakers will be better than last year. Will that be enough to get them into the playoffs again? I don't know but they have a decent shot IMO.
The thing is, most western conference teams have improved.
Houston, Minnesota, Memphis, Portland, Hornets, Jazz...they will all be better than last year.

Making the playoffs will not be an easy task for the Lakers but I believe that in the end, they"ll make it.

Kwame will be a starting center, he should play good from the get go.
Mihm is a bckup center, in fact he"ll be one of the best backup centers in the league.

Radmanovic is an upgrade over Cook and Turiaf should become a legit backup PF.

Odom should play slightly better now that he has a full year of triangle experience.

Evans and Shammond will help as well. Sasha will improve..

Lakers will be better than last year and I think that in the end, they will make the playoffs.

It won't be a Kobe show again. I believe that this year we have a good TEAM.

CakeorDeath
08-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Even though they have All-Star Power Forward Juwan Howard starting at the Power Forward position, they still need help at that position.

Guard rotation isn't great either. Houston is outclassed at PG by almost every team in the West. Kirk Snyder will be a disappointment. Still, if Yao and McGrady are healthy they should be right in the hunt.

They were a win or two away from making the National Basketball Association Playoffs with Chris Paul leading the way and with the additions of Pedrag Stoijakovic, Hilton Armstrong, Cedric Simmons, and Tyson Chandler, this will only solidify the chances of the New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets in making the National Basketball Association Playoffs.

Hornets were actually seven wins away from making the playoffs last year. They got bigger, which they needed to, but two of their bigs are rookies. A lot of youth on that team, and the two vets they added aren't exactly what I would call leaders. They have a chance, but they are far from a lock.

Finally, the Lakers are not done dealing. They have a major trade asset in Chris Mihm who has an expiring contract and is an attractive player for many teams because he is one of few solid centers remaining in the league.

All teams are done dealing until they make another deal. The Lakers may still be looking to deal, but that doesn't mean that other teams are biting. They've been trying to trade Mihm for a while, and so far have not succeeded.

I think the lakers have the potential to grab the 4-5 seed in the West.

Definitely no shot at 4th seed; they'd have to have at least the third best record in the West to do that. 5 is stretching it, too. Anywhere from 7th to 11th is probably more realistic.

Younggrease
08-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Sasha is gonna blow up...Im telling you he going to turn into a three point marksman eg. John Paxson, BJ Armstrong.

I see them as the 6,7,8,9 seed.

niko
08-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Some of you seem to forget that SOMEONE from Denver's division has to go to the playoffs as the division winner. You can't discount everyone.

ggnehm
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I would just like to know how the hell the Rockets end up as playoff contenders. T-mac

SRZ66
08-09-2006, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=ggnehm]I would just like to know how the hell the Rockets end up as playoff contenders. T-mac

West-Side
08-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't see how a team that took PHOENIX to 7 games, without Mihm....aren't making the playoffs?

The only got better this off-season...

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 04:51 PM
There is no chance in hell the Lakers are good enough to get the 4 or 5. Kobe and Odom won't carry the team that far. The Jazz, Hornets and Grizzlies are all better than them because those teams have good chemistry. I just don't see the Lakers making it this year. IMO the west ends up like this:

1. Dallas Mavericks
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Denver Nuggets
6. Houston Rockets

At the end of the year I believe that the Hornets, Grizzlies, Kings, Jazz and Lakers all fight for the 7 and 8 seeds. In the end though I think that the Grizzlies experience puts them at the 7 and the Kings make it in the 8 only because of Ron Artest and Brad Miller. I don't think Kirilenko can lead that team. They will be good after Dee Brown and Deron Williams get more experience. Chris Paul will probably have another good year but that team was a little inconsistent last year.

I don't see how the Nuggets are good enough to get the 5 seed over the Lakers. Did you watch them play the Clippers in the playoffs. Their outside shooting was embarrassing. What did they do to improve that? All you have to do to stop them is double Melo. Who will he kick it out to? Also, McGrady's back is not healthy. Back problems do not just disappear. It will always be there. Yao is not real durable either.

hotsizzle
08-09-2006, 04:52 PM
You mention how each team got better but you dont mention how Lakers got better...Heres the way I see it..I'm predicting Lakers to get around 55 wins a grab the 4th or 5th seed. why?

Take this into consideration:
-Lakers lost 12 games by 3 points or less
-Had major slumps during the season where they lost to 3 or 4 consecutive games
-had a very young team who was just introduced into a complicated system
-very little production from LO and brown in the early going

all that and still managed to get 45 wins. now...

-build on what the lakers looked like at the end of last yr
- better team chemistry. offense meshed and everyone was involved. kobe started to trust his teamaates and they responded for the most part.
-Lamar and kwame really got it together after the ASB
-inexperince and youth is a little less now
-newly added radmanovich will open things up and make it that much easier on kobe and odom.

I dont see how you can vote against the Lakers after how they looked like at the end of last yr. barring injuries, I think they will be around 55 wins...

Timmeh
08-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't see how the Nuggets are good enough to get the 5 seed over the Lakers. Did you watch them play the Clippers in the playoffs. Their outside shooting was embarrassing. What did they do to improve that? All you have to do to stop them is double Melo. Who will he kick it out to? Also, McGrady's back is not healthy. Back problems do not just disappear. It will always be there. Yao is not real durable either. We're not talking about how the playoffs will go, we're talking about who will get in. I know the Nuggets sucked in the playoffs but that's not the subject here. It's who will get in.

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't see how a team that took PHOENIX to 7 games, without Mihm....aren't making the playoffs?

I agree with you West-Side. If the lakers stay healthy, they can beat anybody. They proved it in the playoffs even without their 3rd leading scorer.

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 04:56 PM
We're not talking about how the playoffs will go, we're talking about who will get in. I know the Nuggets sucked in the playoffs but that's not the subject here. It's who will get in.

You said that the lakers would not get in. I am telling you that they are better than the Nuggets and you said they would get in over the lakers.

ggnehm
08-09-2006, 05:12 PM
d-backs are almost in 1st place this year and they won a championship in 01', thats better than half the other baseball teams out there. cards do and always will suck. 75% amare is still better than 0% amare from last year. nash will be better this year because he wont have to play 35mpg. barbosa is a stud, marion is a stud, raja is a stud. no matter what happens with boris/matrix contracts, that doesn't matter, they are both on the team for the 06/07' season. any team with that much offensive firepower, a much deeper roster and the back to back mvp wont "fall from grace"

I couldn

qwerty
08-09-2006, 05:14 PM

Mihm wouldn't of made a difference, if anything he would've made the lakers play worse because of his lack of mobility. Kwame and Cook were both good enough to run up and down the floor during the series.

BradMiller52
08-09-2006, 05:21 PM
You said that the lakers would not get in. I am telling you that they are better than the Nuggets and you said they would get in over the lakers.

The way the playoff seeding works if the Nuggets win their division they're automatically 4th. Last year they won their division and got 3rd automatically even though they had the same record as the Kings who got 8th.

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
You mention how each team got better but you dont mention how Lakers got better...Heres the way I see it..I'm predicting Lakers to get around 55 wins a grab the 4th or 5th seed. why?

Take this into consideration:
-Lakers lost 12 games by 3 points or less
-Had major slumps during the season where they lost to 3 or 4 consecutive games
-had a very young team who was just introduced into a complicated system
-very little production from LO and brown in the early going

all that and still managed to get 45 wins. now...

-build on what the lakers looked like at the end of last yr
- better team chemistry. offense meshed and everyone was involved. kobe started to trust his teamaates and they responded for the most part.
-Lamar and kwame really got it together after the ASB
-inexperince and youth is a little less now
-newly added radmanovich will open things up and make it that much easier on kobe and odom.

I dont see how you can vote against the Lakers after how they looked like at the end of last yr. barring injuries, I think they will be around 55 wins...

How did the Los Angeles Lakers get better??? They added a more expensive version of Brian Cook in Vladimir Radmanovic. Their draft pick from last season is years away from contributing. Their draft pick from this National Basketball Association Draft is years away from contributing also.

They have more guards, yes, but there are more positions in basketball other than guard. You can't depend on Lamar Odom because he is too inconsistent.

Los Angeles Lakers fans can't wait until the All-Star Break to wait for Lamar Odom to turn it up because by then, it might be too late.

Lamar Odom's a really good player, but the problem is he's inconsistent. He needs to be on a team where he isn't the focal point, but is considered a role player.

You say that inexperience and youth is a little less now??? I disagree, there are at least six or seven more players who have alot to learn about the Triangle Offense.

hotsizzle
08-09-2006, 05:50 PM
How did the Los Angeles Lakers get better??? They added a more expensive version of Brian Cook in Vladimir Radmanovic. Their draft pick from last season is years away from contributing. Their draft pick from this National Basketball Association Draft is years away from contributing also.

They have more guards, yes, but there are more positions in basketball other than guard. You can't depend on Lamar Odom because he is too inconsistent.

Los Angeles Lakers fans can't wait until the All-Star Break to wait for Lamar Odom to turn it up because by then, it might be too late.

Lamar Odom's a really good player, but the problem is he's inconsistent. He needs to be on a team where he isn't the focal point, but is considered a role player.

You say that inexperience and youth is a little less now??? I disagree, there are at least six or seven more players who have alot to learn about the Triangle Offense.

Its not the Lamar and Kwame are gonna wait till after the ASB, its that they will continue on their improvement since then...they both looked comfortable and contributed effectively. Lakers didnt get better in terms of who they got, they got better in terms of their players gettin more comfortable and more effective. you see how they were at the end of last yr...lamar was puttin up triple doubles, kwame was puttin up double doubles, luke walton looked really good...and thers no reason they cant continue on that.

lets see here...kwame,walton, smush, sasha, odom, mihm, cook are all more experinced and know what their roles are. those six or seven players you are reffereing too are new acquisitions or rookies but the core is still there. Thats one of the postivie points is that the core is still there...they can build on it and it provides for better team chemistry and comfort. They won 45 games last yr despite rough times and struggles. so many young players that are introduced into one of the harderst systems out there...they had problems with spacing, cutting, decision making, etc...and yet overcame that and the team surprised many.

plus, they have PJax and kobe bryant, you really want to bet against them???

Skywalker
08-09-2006, 05:56 PM

Yeah why? It's impossible. I never knew Lakers fans could be as idiotic as Knick fans. I thought they were one of a kind, guess not.

Know your role and start talking about the 8th seed because 4th and 5th is for dreaming Laker fans only.

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Its not the Lamar and Kwame are gonna wait till after the ASB, its that they will continue on their improvement since then...they both looked comfortable and contributed effectively. Lakers didnt get better in terms of who they got, they got better in terms of their players gettin more comfortable and more effective. you see how they were at the end of last yr...lamar was puttin up triple doubles, kwame was puttin up double doubles, luke walton looked really good...and thers no reason they cant continue on that.

lets see here...kwame,walton, smush, sasha, odom, mihm, cook are all more experinced and know what their roles are. those six or seven players you are reffereing too are new acquisitions or rookies but the core is still there. Thats one of the postivie points is that the core is still there...they can build on it and it provides for better team chemistry and comfort. They won 45 games last yr despite rough times and struggles. so many young players that are introduced into one of the harderst systems out there...they had problems with spacing, cutting, decision making, etc...and yet overcame that and the team surprised many.

plus, they have PJax and kobe bryant, you really want to bet against them???

I'm with you man, I'm just being realistic. How do you know they are going to improve??? Ask any old school Los Angeles Lakers fan, just when things are starting to look up for the Los Angeles Lakers, they always go through a slump and somebody or some people won't know their role and forget the Triangle Offense.

Last season and the season before that, it was up and down, just up and down.

In the offseason, I don't know if you were here last offseason or the one before that, but people were saying the same thing over and over again and were frustrated by the same things. Just when the Los Angeles Lakers look like they have it down right, something goes wrong that throws a wrench in their plans plus the Los Angeles Lakers are still re-building.

Hawker
08-09-2006, 05:58 PM
1. Dallas Mavericks
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Denver Nuggets
6. Houston Rockets

Timmeh that cant happen b/c clips and suns are in same division. So u have to switch nugs and clips.

Hawker
08-09-2006, 06:01 PM
I agree with you West-Side. If the lakers stay healthy, they can beat anybody. They proved it in the playoffs even without their 3rd leading scorer.

what? they lost to one team how does that prove they can beat anyone.

I don't see how the Nuggets are good enough to get the 5 seed over the Lakers.

nuggets get 4th seed b/c they will be the b est in their division.

purple and gold no offense but u really dont kno any of the damn rules. NUGGETS WILL GET FIRST IN THEIR DIVISION WHICH MEANS THEY GET A GUARANTEED TOP 4 SEED SO THAT MEANS THEY WILL GET 4th and thats how they will get in over the lakers.

BTW i just have a hunch that Utah will make it. I dono why but i just do.

Skywalker
08-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Here's mine

1. Phoenix Suns
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Utah Jazz
5. Houston Rockets
6. Los Angeles Clippers
7. Memphis Grizzlies
8. T'Wolves get a center and they are here. If not, New Orleans.

BradMiller52
08-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Here's mine

1. Phoenix Suns
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Utah Jazz
5. Houston Rockets
6. Los Angeles Clippers
7. Memphis Grizzlies
8. T'Wolves get a center and they are here. If not, New Orleans.

Grizz/Wolves ahead of the Kings?:confusedshrug: :hammerhead: :wtf:

hotsizzle
08-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm with you man, I'm just being realistic. How do you know they are going to improve??? Ask any old school Los Angeles Lakers fan, just when things are starting to look up for the Los Angeles Lakers, they always go through a slump and somebody or some people won't know their role and forget the Triangle Offense.

Last season and the season before that, it was up and down, just up and down.

In the offseason, I don't know if you were here last offseason or the one before that, but people were saying the same thing over and over again and were frustrated by the same things. Just when the Los Angeles Lakers look like they have it down right, something goes wrong that throws a wrench in their plans plus the Los Angeles Lakers are still re-building.

ya man I know what you mean. But Im just optimistic. how do I know Lakers are going to get better??? I gave the reasons to why i believe they will be better. Theres no way to actually know until it happens...how do you know that new orleans are going to get better..how do you that kings will be better or nuggets. no one really knows. would anyone have ever thought that CP3 would make this much imapct on NO or that phx would have the best record in the league after adding nash...or how about clevland takin detroit to 7 games or minnesota turning into a hell hole after reaching the WCF. you probably see my point. imo, i have logical beliefs to why lakers will be better, whether if thats true or not, is still to be determined.

anyways, I kind of sense that you're just expecting the worst so you wont end up dissapointed...

hotsizzle
08-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah why? It's impossible. I never knew Lakers fans could be as idiotic as Knick fans. I thought they were one of a kind, guess not.

Know your role and start talking about the 8th seed because 4th and 5th is for dreaming Laker fans only.

cool...we'll just have to wait and see. and I gave my reasons to why I believe that.

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 06:13 PM
what? they lost to one team how does that prove they can beat anyone.

nuggets get 4th seed b/c they will be the b est in their division.

purple and gold no offense but u really dont kno any of the damn rules. NUGGETS WILL GET FIRST IN THEIR DIVISION WHICH MEANS THEY GET A GUARANTEED TOP 4 SEED SO THAT MEANS THEY WILL GET 4th and thats how they will get in over the lakers.

BTW i just have a hunch that Utah will make it. I dono why but i just do.

Actually Hawker, the post that I was referring to said that the Nuggets would get the 5th seed. Therefore, that means the Nuggets would not be division champs, but they would be in the playoffs as the 5th seed. So, I was saying the lakers are better than the nuggets and would grab the 5th seed. Don't question my knowledge of the rules. Trust me, I know them.

PureElement
08-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Just curious, why did you write "National Basketball Association Playoff". Is this an essay with a min word limit or something?

Hawker
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Actually Hawker, the post that I was referring to said that the Nuggets would get the 5th seed. Therefore, that means the Nuggets would not be division champs, but they would be in the playoffs as the 5th seed. So, I was saying the lakers are better than the nuggets and would grab the 5th seed. Don't question my knowledge of the rules. Trust me, I know them.

ya but LAC was in 4th and they cant because they are in suns division and the suns were ranked 3rd or something. So therefore the nugz would take the 4th seed and then LAC take 5th then lakers not making it.

So no u dont kno them.

Denver will be the highest in their division and u said "lakers will go into the playoffs over nuggets." And they wont because denver will have the best record in their division making them automatic 4th seed.

Hawker
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Just curious, why did you write "National Basketball Association Playoff". Is this an essay with a min word limit or something?

HAHA ya i kno i like how he says it all professionally and then misses the "s" at the end of "playoff."

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 06:25 PM
ya but LAC was in 4th and they cant because they are in suns division and the suns were ranked 3rd or something. So therefore the nugz would take the 4th seed and then LAC take 5th then lakers not making it.

So no u dont kno them.

Denver will be the highest in their division and u said "lakers will go into the playoffs over nuggets." And they wont because denver will have the best record in their division making them automatic 4th seed.

Once again Hawker, I was responding to a post that said the nuggets would get the 5 seed over the lakers, meaning the nuggets would not win the division. I responded to the guys post as if the nuggets would not win the division and there was a race for the 5-8 seeds. I know all division winners are guaranteed a top 4 seed and then are seeded 1 through 4 according to their record.

Soundwave
08-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Yikes, the Western Conference is tough.

I think Memphis, Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, New Orleans, Minny, and Utah all are going to be battling for the 6/7/8 seeds.

I think it'll be

1. Phoenix Suns
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Houston Rockets
6. L.A. Clippers
7. Memphis Grizzlies
8. Lakers/Hornets/Jazz/T'Wolves

Hawker
08-09-2006, 06:29 PM
suns wont make the top seed. no defense, no same amare. sorry

mavsfan4zindagi
08-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Anyone that says the Lakers are gonna be a top 4-5 team is setting themselves up for a rosting at years end.

sizzle goes first.

Hawker
08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
purple and gold next

AKADS
08-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Yikes, the Western Conference is tough.

I think Memphis, Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, New Orleans, Minny, and Utah all are going to be battling for the 6/7/8 seeds.

I think it'll be

1. Phoenix Suns
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Houston Rockets
6. L.A. Clippers
7. Memphis Grizzlies
8. Lakers/Hornets/Jazz/T'Wolves

You forgot Sac Town. They will be in ths run. Artest will be a good boy this yr and win DPY.

Soundwave
08-09-2006, 06:39 PM
You're right I forgot Sac-town

1. Phoenix
2. Dallas
3. San Antonio
4. Denver
5. Houston
6. L.A. Clippers
7. Sacramento
8. Lakers/Minny/Memphis/Utah/New Orleans

Daaaaaaaaaaamn, that's gonna be crazy. :hammerhead:

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 06:44 PM
who the f is kobe dunking on?

Actually Hawker, that is not Kobe. It is Vince Carter dunking on Eddy Curry.

Greg Anthony
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
The lakers are better than new orleans and most of those teams in the bottom. what makes new orleans so great two injury prones in bobby jackson and peja or a center in tyson chandler that can't score worth ****. you guys probaly said the lakers would not make it last season either. and sacramento losing bonzi and having a nutcase ron artest makes them better. we have a team that is deeper than theres and we have a overall better starting lineup they have a major weakness a sg.

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 06:48 PM
does vince carter have hair? no didnt think so. ur a laker fan and u dont even recognize ur own player.

Ya I know my own players. If you really did know your basketball as you say you do, you would know this is a picture that was edited. It was actually Vince Carter dunking over a chinese center in the olympics and the chinese player was changed to Eddy Curry. Get your facts straight Hawker.

Hawker
08-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Ya I know my own players. If you really did know your basketball as you say you do, you would know this is a picture that was edited. It was actually Vince Carter dunking over a chinese center in the olympics and the chinese player was changed to Eddy Curry. Get your facts straight Hawker.

ya i kno but the new photoshopped version is kobe. and i knew it was
photoshopped but im just gonna go with the photoshop version and say its kobe.

sorry if i dont kno every basketball picture in the world.

Purple and Gold
08-09-2006, 06:57 PM
ya i kno but the new photoshopped version is kobe. and i knew it was
photoshopped but im just gonna go with the photoshop version and say its kobe.

sorry if i dont kno every basketball picture in the world.

Its ok Hawker. You are forgiven

ClutchCityReturns
08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Both of you guys are wrong.

It's not Kobe, it's Vince. That part of the photo is not photoshopped.

It wasn't a Chinese guy, it was a French guy. Eddy Curry is photoshopped in his place.

If you haven't seen that picture before, you must really live under a rock. Seriously...

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Man, I keep forgetting the damn division rules. Denver, Minni, Portland, Seattle, Utah. Wow. What a brutal conference (as of this year). I suppose I have to go with Denver then, because I honestly can't see any of the other teams being better than them, unless all the T-Wolves fan's dreams come true and Ricky finally does win that MVP. Wow though. I think I might just exclude every team in this division from the playoffs if the division champ wasn't the issue. You got the Spurs, Mavs, Suns, and Clipps that are definately better. Than I'd say the Kings, Rockets, and Lakers are also probably better.

I think that leaves the Nugs, Grizz, and NOK battling it out. Heh, I'd probably take the Grizz.

But anyway that's not the case. I'm going to say...

1. Spurs
2. Suns
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets
5. Clipps
6. Rockets
7. Lakers
8. Kings

Heh, that'd set up some rematches from last season. Best possible first round IMO. :D

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Both of you guys are wrong.

It's not Kobe, it's Vince. That part of the photo is not photoshopped.

It wasn't a Chinese guy, it was a French guy. Eddy Curry is photoshopped in his place.

If you haven't seen that picture before, you must really live under a rock. Seriously...

Lol, I was just typing basically that identical thing up, and then I saw yours. :cheers:

ClutchCityReturns
08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Let me make a case for the Rockets real quick, since I've noticed some people questioning why they would be considered a strong candidate for a good seed in the West next season.

04-05 Houston Rockets roster:

Bob Sura / Mike James / Andre Barrett
David Wesley / Jon Barry
Tracy McGrady / Ryan Bowen / Scott Padgett
Juwan Howard / Clarence Weatherspoon
Yao Ming / Dikembe Mutombo

That squad won 51 games, despite a 6-11 start. Took the Dallas Mavericks to 7 games in the first round, without homecourt advantage, and without Juwan Howard. Clarence Weatherspoon and Ryan Bowen were the PF's...

Current 06-07 Houston Rockets roster:

Rafer Alston / John Lucas III / Vassilis Spanoulis
Tracy McGrady / Kirk Snyder / Luther Head / Bob Sura
Shane Battier / Steve Novak / Ryan Bowen
Juwan Howard / Chuck Hayes

I don't see how that group could do any worse than the 04-05 team if they're healthy, especially with Yao's improvement. Even this past season when Yao and Tracy played together they were 20-11. That's a pace for 53 wins, and the truth is that they weren't even genuinely healthy in those 31 games played together.

You can have your doubts about McGrady's health, but outside of that I don't see any reason to believe that the Rockets shouldn't be in the discussion for the top 5 or so teams in the West. Say what you want about Shane Battier, but there's a reason he's on the USA team. I also think some people downplay Yao's improvement late last year. Look at this 24 game stretch following his return from foot surgery and prior to suffering the broken foot 4 games before the end of the season. Keep in mind, these games are not hand picked. These are the final 24 consecutive games that finished out Yao's season.

29 pts 15 rebs vs. L.A. Clippers
22 pts 21 rebs vs. Golden State Warriors
29 pts 11 rebs vs. Orlando Magic
27 pts 18 rebs vs. Phoenix Suns
22 pts 13 rebs vs. Philadelphia 76ers
21 pts 9 rebs vs. Denver Nuggets
32 pts 13 rebs vs. Portland Trailblazers
30 pts 13 rebs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
38 pts 10 rebs vs. Indiana Pacers
25 pts 10 rebs vs. San Antonio Spurs
36 pts 9 rebs vs. New Jersey Nets
36 pts 12 rebs vs. Dallas Mavericks
20 pts 10 rebs vs. San Antonio Spurs
25 pts 17 rebs vs. L.A. Clippers
13 pts 13 rebs vs. Dallas Mavericks
22 pts 8 rebs vs. NO/Oklahoma City Hornets
27 pts 7 rebs vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
29 pts 10 rebs vs. Seattle Sonics
38 pts 11 rebs vs. Washington Wizards
33 pts 16 rebs vs. L.A. Lakers
22 pts 10 rebs vs. Seattle Sonics
13 pts 7 rebs vs. Portland Trailblazers
30 pts 14 rebs vs. Golden State
19 pts 12 rebs vs. Sacramento
*Suffered broken foot vs. Utah Jazz next game.

The teams in bold are playoff teams, so you can see a good number of his games came against quality opponents. His averages over this stretch were:

25.58 ppg
12.04 rpg

Against playoff teams during that stretch, his production actually went up slightly:

26.85 ppg
12.23 rpg

I try to be realistic and not let my hopes for the Rockets get in the way of logical thinking, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on them. That's not to say that I think they'll be a top 3 or 4 seed, but I don't see why some people have such a hard time believing that they'll get a 5 or 6. If healthy, Tracy McGrady is a Top 5 player, and the Yao Ming we saw after his toe surgery was all but unstoppable. How much more does it really take?

*By the way, I was in the middle of typing this post when the power went out, but I'm using a Firefox plug-in that automatically restores your browser windows if your computer crashes. It even fills in the text you were typing, so it's like nothing ever happened. If you're still using Internet Explorer, or if you're using Firefox but don't have this plug-in, you should get it NOW.

Timmeh
08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Timmeh that cant happen b/c clips and suns are in same division. So u have to switch nugs and clips.no i dont. I read on nba.com where they made changes to the way the playoffs are seeded. They're changing it so that the division winners don't automatically get the top 3 seeds. So say the Mavs and Nuggets win their respective divisions, but the Spurs have a better record than the Nuggets, the Spurs then get the higher seed.

edit: you're right, i went back and looked at the rule change. I'll change my prediction.

TheReturnofCed
08-09-2006, 08:41 PM

Is there some sort of joke I'm missing here. GoBB was clowning somebody awhile ago for saying Juwan Howard was an allstar.

Juwan Howard an ALLSTAR? That statement is seriously retarded.

ClutchCityReturns
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Is there some sort of joke I'm missing here. GoBB was clowning somebody awhile ago for saying Juwan Howard was an allstar.

Juwan Howard an ALLSTAR? That statement is seriously retarded.

I saw that too. It's either a joke or a typo.

Or the original poster had a lobotomy.

wild orchid
08-09-2006, 08:55 PM

Amare and Kurt Thomas was on the bench and the Suns play NO defense.

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
ya man I know what you mean. But Im just optimistic. how do I know Lakers are going to get better??? I gave the reasons to why i believe they will be better. Theres no way to actually know until it happens...how do you know that new orleans are going to get better..how do you that kings will be better or nuggets. no one really knows. would anyone have ever thought that CP3 would make this much imapct on NO or that phx would have the best record in the league after adding nash...or how about clevland takin detroit to 7 games or minnesota turning into a hell hole after reaching the WCF. you probably see my point. imo, i have logical beliefs to why lakers will be better, whether if thats true or not, is still to be determined.

anyways, I kind of sense that you're just expecting the worst so you wont end up dissapointed...

I feel you man, but there's a difference with being overly optimistic and realistic. Do you really think that the addition of Vladimir Radmanovic will further the Los Angeles Lakers' Playoff chances??? Vladimir Radmanovic barely got playing time with the Los Angeles Clippers, a team which made it deep in the National Basketball Association Playoffs. If he couldn't help the Los Angeles Clippers, then how's he going to help the Los Angeles Lakers??? There must be a reason why the Los Angeles Clippers gave up on Vladimir Radmanovic so soon.

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
HAHA ya i kno i like how he says it all professionally and then misses the "s" at the end of "playoff."

The "s" wouldn't fit at the end of the title.

Skywalker
08-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Man, I keep forgetting the damn division rules. Denver, Minni, Portland, Seattle, Utah. Wow. What a brutal conference (as of this year). I suppose I have to go with Denver then, because I honestly can't see any of the other teams being better than them, unless all the T-Wolves fan's dreams come true and Ricky finally does win that MVP

If you can't see Utah winning that then you better be ready to get stunned. They are easily just as good as Denver if AK47 and Boozer don't miss half the year.

And what do you mean Ricky gets that MVP Wolves fans have been dreaming of? Are you just typing every word you think? Thats pretty random. Thats like me saying maybe the Lakers will finally get that MVP out of Luke Walton they have been dreaming of. wtf? CLOWN

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Let me make a case for the Rockets real quick, since I've noticed some people questioning why they would be considered a strong candidate for a good seed in the West next season.

04-05 Houston Rockets roster:

Bob Sura / Mike James / Andre Barrett
David Wesley / Jon Barry
Tracy McGrady / Ryan Bowen / Scott Padgett
Juwan Howard / Clarence Weatherspoon

That squad won 51 games, despite a 6-11 start. Took the Dallas Mavericks to 7 games in the first round, without homecourt advantage, and without Juwan Howard. Clarence Weatherspoon and Ryan Bowen were the PF's...

Current 06-07 Houston Rockets roster:

Rafer Alston / John Lucas III / Vassilis Spanoulis
Tracy McGrady / Kirk Snyder / Luther Head / Bob Sura
Shane Battier / Steve Novak / Ryan Bowen
Juwan Howard / Chuck Hayes

I don't see how that group could do any worse than the 04-05 team if they're healthy, especially with Yao's improvement. Even this past season when Yao and Tracy played together they were 20-11. That's a pace for 53 wins, and the truth is that they weren't even genuinely healthy in those 31 games played together.

You can have your doubts about McGrady's health, but outside of that I don't see any reason to believe that the Rockets shouldn't be in the discussion for the top 5 or so teams in the West. Say what you want about Shane Battier, but there's a reason he's on the USA team. I also think some people downplay Yao's improvement late last year. Look at this 24 game stretch following his return from foot surgery and prior to suffering the broken foot 4 games before the end of the season. Keep in mind, these games are not hand picked. These are the final 24 consecutive games that finished out Yao's season.

29 pts 15 rebs vs. L.A. Clippers
22 pts 21 rebs vs. Golden State Warriors
29 pts 11 rebs vs. Orlando Magic
27 pts 18 rebs vs. Phoenix Suns
22 pts 13 rebs vs. Philadelphia 76ers
21 pts 9 rebs vs. Denver Nuggets
32 pts 13 rebs vs. Portland Trailblazers
30 pts 13 rebs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
38 pts 10 rebs vs. Indiana Pacers
25 pts 10 rebs vs. San Antonio Spurs
36 pts 9 rebs vs. New Jersey Nets
36 pts 12 rebs vs. Dallas Mavericks
20 pts 10 rebs vs. San Antonio Spurs
25 pts 17 rebs vs. L.A. Clippers
13 pts 13 rebs vs. Dallas Mavericks
22 pts 8 rebs vs. NO/Oklahoma City Hornets
27 pts 7 rebs vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
29 pts 10 rebs vs. Seattle Sonics
38 pts 11 rebs vs. Washington Wizards
33 pts 16 rebs vs. L.A. Lakers
22 pts 10 rebs vs. Seattle Sonics
13 pts 7 rebs vs. Portland Trailblazers
30 pts 14 rebs vs. Golden State
19 pts 12 rebs vs. Sacramento
*Suffered broken foot vs. Utah Jazz next game.

The teams in bold are playoff teams, so you can see a good number of his games came against quality opponents. His averages over this stretch were:

25.58 ppg
12.04 rpg

Against playoff teams during that stretch, his production actually went up slightly:

26.85 ppg
12.23 rpg

I try to be realistic and not let my hopes for the Rockets get in the way of logical thinking, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on them. That's not to say that I think they'll be a top 3 or 4 seed, but I don't see why some people have such a hard time believing that they'll get a 5 or 6. If healthy, Tracy McGrady is a Top 5 player, and the Yao Ming we saw after his toe surgery was all but unstoppable. How much more does it really take?

*By the way, I was in the middle of typing this post when the power went out, but I'm using a Firefox plug-in that automatically restores your browser windows if your computer crashes. It even fills in the text you were typing, so it's like nothing ever happened. If you're still using Internet Explorer, or if you're using Firefox but don't have this plug-in, you should get it NOW.

Good post and nice use of statistics to back up your point.

LakerRaider
08-09-2006, 09:34 PM
:D

I think it must be a running joke.

The typing he uses is classic. "National Basketball Playoff"

Type NBA douche, or just type playoffs. It's the NBA thread we know what you mean.

Other than those two things nice post. :banana:

Thanks for the compliment.

Skywalker
08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2475/curryposterizedvq8.png

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A 7 FOOTER GET THAT HIGH!?"

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 10:04 PM
If you can't see Utah winning that then you better be ready to get stunned. They are easily just as good as Denver if AK47 and Boozer don't miss half the year.

And what do you mean Ricky gets that MVP Wolves fans have been dreaming of? Are you just typing every word you think? Thats pretty random. Thats like me saying maybe the Lakers will finally get that MVP out of Luke Walton they have been dreaming of. wtf? CLOWN

Heh, sorry man, didn't mean to offend you. I've seen XxNeXuSxX write a few times that Ricky was gunning for MVP, or something like that, so I was playing off that. I was obviously kidding around, so if you can't see that, then... CLOWN!

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Well there ya go. Something I didn't know. I guess you won this useless argument. I still don't quite understand why you got so defensive when I was obviously kidding, but w/e.

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 10:22 PM

Oh, and I actually agree with you here. I still see Denver winning it, but I had forgotten about Utah, and specifically Boozer, who I like a lot. Fish should work out nicely, and they will make a run at it, although personally I don't think they will make the playoffs.

hotsizzle
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
I feel you man, but there's a difference with being overly optimistic and realistic. Do you really think that the addition of Vladimir Radmanovic will further the Los Angeles Lakers' Playoff chances??? Vladimir Radmanovic barely got playing time with the Los Angeles Clippers, a team which made it deep in the National Basketball Association Playoffs. If he couldn't help the Los Angeles Clippers, then how's he going to help the Los Angeles Lakers??? There must be a reason why the Los Angeles Clippers gave up on Vladimir Radmanovic so soon.

ok..how many times do I have to say this..lakers will be better in terms of their players being better not vlad's acquisition. you make it sound like the only way a team gets better is by acquiring good players. no...lakers were rebuilding and their players are going to be better, they showed signs at the end of last yr and showed that they did improve and got comfortable with the system. thats why I think lakers will be better. if they hadnt of gotten vlad, I would still uphold my opinion...vlad will make things a little easier but he was never meant to be savior...just a helper.

hotsizzle
08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Anyone that says the Lakers are gonna be a top 4-5 team is setting themselves up for a rosting at years end.

sizzle goes first.

yes sizzle thinks lakers will be a top 4-5 seed...put it on the front page, back page, anywhere you want haha

West-Side
08-09-2006, 11:52 PM
I can't believe someone said that LA didn't miss Mihm in the Phoenix series, are you kidding me?

He's the ONLY low post threat on this team, you seen how good Odom got against that weak front line...Phoenix would have made Mihm into a damn superstar in the low post, I have no doubt in my mind that LA would have won that series have Mihm played.

Kobe24
08-09-2006, 11:55 PM
LakerRaider has NEVER said anything positive about this team.

RidonKs
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I can't believe someone said that LA didn't miss Mihm in the Phoenix series, are you kidding me?

He's the ONLY low post threat on this team, you seen how good Odom got against that weak front line...Phoenix would have made Mihm into a damn superstar in the low post, I have no doubt in my mind that LA would have won that series have Mihm played.

I haven't seen Mihm play that much. Whenever I caught a nationally televised game, which didn't happen all that often unfortunately, he was injured. I always thought he was basically Kwame with a little softer hands and less potential. I never really realized the guy was an actual offensive threat. I suppose Pho makes people into that kind of thing, but I still can't picture him going at it on the block.

kobedaman24
08-10-2006, 12:57 AM
What are you talking about? The Lakers will make the playoffs 5-7 seed. One of them. Im sure.

RidonKs
08-10-2006, 01:02 AM
What are you talking about? The Lakers will make the playoffs 5-7 seed. One of them. Im sure.

Well you're one of the optimistic ones apparantly. I think they'll get 6 seed tops, more likely 7-8 though. Actually probably 8, looking at the rest of the teams. I think them and Sac will battle it out for position in the final two spots.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 01:06 AM
ok..how many times do I have to say this..lakers will be better in terms of their players being better not vlad's acquisition. you make it sound like the only way a team gets better is by acquiring good players. no...lakers were rebuilding and their players are going to be better, they showed signs at the end of last yr and showed that they did improve and got comfortable with the system. thats why I think lakers will be better. if they hadnt of gotten vlad, I would still uphold my opinion...vlad will make things a little easier but he was never meant to be savior...just a helper.

They had a pretty good stretch last season earlier on, then they went back to inconsistent, then consistent, then back to consistent. A couple of seasons ago it was Rudy Tomjanovich can do the job of carrolling players like Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, and Kobe Bryant into the National Basketball Association Playoffs, people were optimistic then.

Last season, it was supposed to be Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom would be the new Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, but you know what happened with that one.

Now, you're saying that just because these players have one more year together, they'll be better, not only that, but you admitted that they are re-building. If they are getting better, they wouldn't have to rebuild anymore.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 01:14 AM
LakerRaider has NEVER said anything positive about this team.

I always give credit where credit is due.

I'm just sick of people on here over-hyping the Los Angeles Lakers and giving normal Los Angeles Lakers fans a bad name by over-hyping the Los Angeles Lakers constantly.

Human Error
08-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Tex Winter on Kobe:

"He seems okay with things(the best years of his career being wasted). I think he likes the idea of it being his team. That

ChuckOakley
08-10-2006, 11:32 AM
The Lakers could make the playoffs.... in the East, but I don't see it in the West.

1. SA - Took Dallas to the limit. Lost two players that barely saw the floor in the playoffs and replaced them with 4 very different players. Bonner, EWilliams, Butler and Elson. Also expect Manu to bounce back from a disappointing year and Parker to be just as good if not better.

2. Dallas - Same team essentially. The difference this year will be whether or not a 3rd player steps up along with Dirk and Jet. If Diop continues to improve they may be the team to beat.

3. Pheonix - The team most likely to fall from the elite considering how Amare's rehab is going, Nash is aging (the guy lost almost all his hair) and they still have a very shallow bench, esp. up front.

4. LAC - No glaring weaknesses on this team. A very solid and deep team. When's the last time the LAC had that. If Livingston steps it up, they may move into elite status.

5. Denver - Melo is on a mission. If they can get anything for Martin, or better yet he returns to form they will be fun to watch. Still need some outside shooting and a little more depth.

6. Minny - Yeah I said it. KG finally has some help in early ROY candidate Foye. M. James adds some scoring and they still have some solid wings in Hassel and Davis. they could use one more big man up front but are pretty deep everywhere else.

7. Houston - A lot of quesitons here. Is JVG the right coach for this team? Will T-Mac stay physically healthy and mentally focused? Just how old is Deke? Is Juwan still an all-star PF and who the hell is backing him up? Will Yao start eating shark soup again?

8. Sacramento - Losing Bonzi hurts unless they get good value for him. Otherwise relying on Martin, Garcia, Douby and the unproven Salmons to log major minutes is sketchy. They also need a back up C

NO - I would like to put them in the playoffs, but they have so much invested in two players who aren't exactly tough and have a very young team.

LAL - PJax should help them overacheive again but they didn't really get better. They added quantity and not quality.

Utah - A nice collection of players but not a ton of talent. A very young and inexperienced backcourt doesn't help.

Memphis - Gay and Lowry should help in the future but can they help now? A big hole at center that Swift didn't fill 2 years ago, why can he now?

Seattle - Not a very talented team. Huge hole at center, and no depth on the wings. Wilcox will help only if he plays like he did last season and doesn't act like a player that doesn't want to be there.

G.S. - There is no chemistry on this team. They gave out terrible contracts and now they are stuck with them. Unless O'Bryant turns into O'Neal don't expect much.

Portland - It's gonna get ugly, ugl, ugly... but hopefully not for too long.

JtotheIzzo
08-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Lakers will make the playoffs

jan803
08-10-2006, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Human Error]Tex Winter on Kobe:

"He seems okay with things(the best years of his career being wasted). I think he likes the idea of it being his team. That

hotsizzle
08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
They had a pretty good stretch last season earlier on, then they went back to inconsistent, then consistent, then back to consistent. A couple of seasons ago it was Rudy Tomjanovich can do the job of carrolling players like Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, and Kobe Bryant into the National Basketball Association Playoffs, people were optimistic then.

Last season, it was supposed to be Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom would be the new Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, but you know what happened with that one.

Now, you're saying that just because these players have one more year together, they'll be better, not only that, but you admitted that they are re-building. If they are getting better, they wouldn't have to rebuild anymore.

they started to rebuild right when shaq left..when you're rebuilding, you dont rebuild forever...right now, lakers have their core kobe/odom/kwame, each one of those players knows what is expected of them and how to be effective through the team offense. I truly believe that barring injuries, this team will win around 55 games. They all have to be fired up about it though, like how they were at the end of the season and into the playoffs. they have to take it one game at a time and have fun on the way...

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 07:38 PM
there's a thread specifically for people like you. go there and post trash like this.

fans who give a sh*t about the lakers have been posting here. we all know you could care less about the team let alone care about whether kobe's happy or not.

anyway, this is specifically for lakerraider:

this team will make the playoffs. i have no doubt barring injuring to the main core...

the main core...it's taken the lakers a couple of years to establish one, but we have this:

kobe
lamar
kwame

please note, this isn't a core that strikes fear into the opposition. the point being is there being stability in players being together in a system that requires at least 18 month for players to get comfortable. (i know about kwame, but kobe and lamar ended last year playing pretty good together. it should translate into improvement that will trickle down to the rest of the team)

now adding vlade could be considered taking a step back by some people's logic since he's a new piece. but he's young. what he'll be doing in the triangle is rather simple, stay on the perimeter and have someone get him an open shot. my biggest concern about him though is how he's going to be defensively. it was probably the lakers biggest weakness. it was disappointing because phil went out of his way in the preseason to note this team was going to be be more defense-minded...but i'm going on a tangent...

back to the team...

mihm
bynum

our bigs (backups at that)...mihm for me is a question mark because of the state of that ankle and even when he does come back, he hasn't played for half a year so he'll be rusty. i'd hope that the coaching staff keeps it simple for him and let him focus on rebounding and put backs. no shots out on the elbows though defenses should just leave him open for those.

bynum will get around 10-15 mins...maybe 20 on nights where guys are in foul trouble. he's still raw. he still made mistakes in the summer league, but he has those flashes. kareem still works w/him and his overall basketball iq. i'll be interested in the progress he makes this season since the only way you get experience is by playing.

smush
sasha
farmar

still not a great pg in the bunch...but from reviews of farmar, he was pretty good in the summer league. they taught a very simple triangle that he caught on very well. the coaching staff was very pleased w/him. rambis noted that players will earn playing time and not just get it based on seniority. it wouldn't surprise me if farmar gets a few starts after the allstar break. but what i hope that farmar being the guy i think he'll be he'll push both the 'veterans' for playing time. it's too much to expect that he's going to be an impact the first year but my assessment is solely based on the talent of what the lakers have been working with and not comparing to other teams. this position we can't compete w/elite teams at all.

walton isn't an allstar guy, but he understands this offense as well as anyone not named kobe and the coaching staff. he'll start games but he's a bench guy, but a steady bench guy who'll help the flow of the offense. since his defense is his weakness, i can only hope that his team defense improves because you can't teach speed.

as for the rest...we have a zillion guards on the roster so the rest of them can go to training camp to fight for a spot. i was hoping for another trade. we do need a big so i can still hope that the lakers do something before training camp starts. since that's almost 2 months away, there's time for them to do something...[begging]make a deal![\begging]

yup, there's still holes. this team still isn't elite. but most of the team has played together for over a season. last season they missed so many close games where they lead in the 4th quarter. i expect that they won't lose that many this year. since they were 45-37, it's not a stretch at all to think they can win just 5 more games for a 50-32 record. that record will yield a playoff berth. early in the summer i said they'd be 4-7th seed. i do need to change that to 6th-8th. the suns are going to win the pacific again. the clippers are a better team than the lakers. the last thing is the lakers' schedule. they end the season on a brutal away schedule so they'll going to need to have the kind of push they had last season. i do believe they'll have it in them to do this.

Finally, jan803 chimes in, what took you so long??? Hehehe.

Your point about Vladimir Radmanovic is nice, but replace Vladimir Radmanovic's name with Brian Cook's name and you won't have to change one sentence, word, or letter in that paragraph. The Vladimir Radmanovic signing was a bit redundant since he's basically the same player Brian Cook is, a three-point shooting big man. Furthermore, the Mid-Level Exception was wasted again, the first waste of a Mid-Level Exception was using half of the Mid-Level Exception on Aaron McKie while playing a key role on the bench and in the lockerroom last season. Keep in mind jan803, that this is still the sane management you were bashing last season and many seasons ago. Things haven't changed, this is the same management in charge.

Vladimir Radmanovic was on a Los Angeles Clippers team, that team was deep and he barely played with him??? Why??? I don't know, nobody knows, but they got another 6'10" player who could shoot three-pointers in Tim Thomas who's supposed to play the same role as Vladimir Radmanovic. Why let Vladimir Radmanovic go and then sign the same player in Tim Thomas??? Perhaps Los Angeles Clippers fans can answer that question??? Let me know people!!!

As far as adding big men, where's Marcus Douthit??? He did alright in the Summer League right??? Sign him.

Furthermore, opposing teams know how to defend the Triangle Offense better than this Los Angeles Lakers team can execute the Triangle Offense.

MIAMI>LOSANGELES
08-10-2006, 07:51 PM
:roll: @ Probally making the playoffs, the Lakers winning over 23 games would really surprise the hell outta me. I see them being the front runners for the Greg Oden sweepstakes.

hotsizzle
08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Why let Vladimir Radmanovic go and then sign the same player in Tim Thomas??? Perhaps Los Angeles Clippers fans can answer that question??? Let me know people!!!

Clippers did try to sign vlad by offering him the full MLE...the thing, the Lakers too offered him the same, plus a call from Pjax,vlad, mitch, and kobe that iced the cake. radman was guaranteed playing time, kobe talked to him about how they needed him and how he could very well avg 18 a game or so. in the end, he went with lakers because he was excited about it, he did not want to share time behind maggette. so it was radman's decison to leave clipps, clipps wanted to resign him.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Clippers did try to sign vlad by offering him the full MLE...the thing, the Lakers too offered him the same, plus a call from Pjax,vlad, mitch, and kobe that iced the cake. radman was guaranteed playing time, kobe talked to him about how they needed him and how he could very well avg 18 a game or so. in the end, he went with lakers because he was excited about it, he did not want to share time behind maggette. so it was radman's decison to leave clipps, clipps wanted to resign him.

I know. I was asking jan803 why the Los Angeles Clippers would let go of Vladimir Radmanovic when they signed Tim Thomas who basically does the same thing??? Why even contemplate letting Vladimir Radmanovic go when the Los Angeles Clippers were making a big deal out of him??? I'll answer my own question since no one sees to be answering it. It's also because the Los Angeles Clippers offered Tim Thomas a four-year $24 million deal. Tim Thomas' deal is much cheaper than Vladimir Radmanovic's deal and that made sense.

clipps
08-10-2006, 08:46 PM
LakerRaider? I wonder why you rank the Nuggets ahead of the Clippers? Wasn't it the Clippers that beat the Nuggets in 5 games? All the Nuggets did was add JR Smith. He's not gunna make the Nuggets significantly better. The Nuggets might improve by 2 or 3 wins, but I think the Nuggets are overrated.

I also don't think the Rockets should be listed so high until Tmac and Yao can prove they can be healthy. Yao can stay healthy, but Tmac has had a chronic back issue that plagued him since his days in Orlando. I don't think it's gunna change. He'll miss more than 15 games this up coming season. Yao is a different story. He can recover fully from his injury. Tmac obvioosly hasn't recovered from his back issues. I think the Rockets are another theam that people are overrating. I don't think the Rockets can do any better than 6th seed.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 08:53 PM
LakerRaider? I wonder why you rank the Nuggets ahead of the Clippers? Wasn't it the Clippers that beat the Nuggets in 5 games? All the Nuggets did was add JR Smith. He's not gunna make the Nuggets significantly better. The Nuggets might improve by 2 or 3 wins, but I think the Nuggets are overrated.

I also don't think the Rockets should be listed so high until Tmac and Yao can prove they can be healthy. Yao can stay healthy, but Tmac has had a chronic back issue that plagued him since his days in Orlando. I don't think it's gunna change. He'll miss more than 15 games this up coming season. Yao is a different story. He can recover fully from his injury. Tmac obvioosly hasn't recovered from his back issues. I think the Rockets are another theam that people are overrating. I don't think the Rockets can do any better than 6th seed.

Good post.

The reason why I ranked the Denver Nuggets higher than the Los Angeles Clippers is not only because of Carmelo Anthony, but also because Nene Hilario is healthy and will probably give the Denver Nuggets another tough big man. With the addition of a healthy Nene Hilario, the Denver Nuggets become stronger in the frontcourt.

RidonKs
08-10-2006, 09:01 PM
And becuase unless the Clipps get a better record than the Suns, Spurs, or Mavs, then they can't get a better seed than the Nuggets, because someone from that division must be in the top four.

Unless of course you were just talking about records, in which case, I agree with Clipps. I'm not a believer of the Nuggets, and I also think they are a little overrated.

clipps
08-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Good point. I nearly forgot about Nene. being out the entire season, he will probably come in slow but come playoff time, Nene will probably be pretty good, although I still don't know why the Nuggets paid Nene that much money after missing all but 1 single game. But I don't think there will be consistancy in the Nuggets front court untill Martin is out. IMO, Kenyon Martin is a team cancer and he hurts the Nuggs more than he helps. I think Kaman and Brand are better than Camby, Martin, and Nene though. Brand is a superstar and Kaman is probably withen a few months of being an all-star. If JR Smith can provide the shooting that the Nuggets missed, they will be a tougher team, although I still doubt JR Smith will improve the team by more than 2 or 3 games.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Good point. I nearly forgot about Nene. being out the entire season, he will probably come in slow but come playoff time, Nene will probably be pretty good, although I still don't know why the Nuggets paid Nene that much money after missing all but 1 single game. But I don't think there will be consistancy in the Nuggets front court untill Martin is out. IMO, Kenyon Martin is a team cancer and he hurts the Nuggs more than he helps. I think Kaman and Brand are better than Camby, Martin, and Nene though. Brand is a superstar and Kaman is probably withen a few months of being an all-star. If JR Smith can provide the shooting that the Nuggets missed, they will be a tougher team, although I still doubt JR Smith will improve the team by more than 2 or 3 games.

You have a good point about Nene Hilario. Furthermore, I think that the current trade of Ruben Patterson for Joe Smith will affect their place in the standings a little bit because Ruben Patterson gave the Small Forward and Shooting Guard Position with the Denver Nuggets a little more toughness and energy than when they didn't have Ruben Patterson, so that trade might affect their standings because Ruben Patterson was a pretty good fit for the Denver Nuggets and now Ruben Patterson will add hustle, energy, and toughness to the Milwaukee Bucks.

PureElement
08-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Another question, why do people use photoshop as a verb when most don't even use photoshop. Everyone uses paint.

basketballer4
08-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I always give credit where credit is due.

I'm just sick of people on here over-hyping the Los Angeles Lakers and giving normal Los Angeles Lakers fans a bad name by over-hyping the Los Angeles Lakers constantly.

Furthermore, the Mid-Level Exception was wasted again, the first waste of a Mid-Level Exception was using half of the Mid-Level Exception

they didn't have Ruben Patterson, so that trade might affect their standings because Ruben Patterson was a pretty good fit for the Denver Nuggets and now Ruben Patterson will add hustle, energy, and toughness to the Milwaukee Bucks.

:roll: Ever heard of a pronoun?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
hornets > lakers

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 11:00 PM

What's a pronoun??? Please educate me basketballer4.

basketballer4
08-10-2006, 11:06 PM
You don't have to get mad, I was just wondering why you always fully type words out when in some cases, it'd sound better to use he, she, it, etc.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 11:08 PM
You don't have to get mad, I was just wondering why you always fully type words out when in some cases, it'd sound better to use he, she, it, etc.

I'm not mad, why should I be mad??? Just wondering, but people have been wondering this for a long time, it's my style man.

wang4three
08-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Lakers still have holes, but every player should get better. THey were rather inexperienced last year.

basketballer4
08-10-2006, 11:11 PM
But why even type out National Basketball Association Playoffs? You could just type NBA playoffs, or just playoffs. This is an NBA forum, we know you're not talking about the NFL playoffs. It saves you time anyway.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 11:12 PM
But why even type out National Basketball Association Playoffs? You could just type NBA playoffs, or just playoffs. This is an NBA forum, we know you're not talking about the NFL playoffs.

This is just one of those mysteries that can't be explained.

qwerty
08-10-2006, 11:14 PM
This is just one of those mysteries that can't be explained.

Yes it can, you just fail to do so.

LakerRaider
08-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Yes it can, you just fail to do so.

It cannot be explained qwerty, many have tried to fathom the unfathomable, but couldn't come up with an answer.

RidonKs
08-10-2006, 11:15 PM

Heh, I've been waiting for someone to mention that. Oh well though.

:cheers: Whatever works.

HBKMGa
08-01-2010, 04:44 PM
agreed

Yung D-Will
08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
agreed
you bumped a thread from 06 to say 1 word?

http://www.ietjer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/AttentionWhore-poster.jpg

Doctor Rivers
08-01-2010, 04:51 PM
you bumped a thread from 06 to say 1 word?

http://www.ietjer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/AttentionWhore-poster.jpg

:oldlol:

ashbelly
08-01-2010, 05:09 PM
They are soon headed that way, the 1st year after phil is gone , They'll be asking.
A: Can we make the 4th seed in the west.

2 years After phil is gone..

Can we make the 8th seed.

After 3 years
We are a lottery team :( ..

Meticode
08-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I was laughing at this...

7) Sacramento Kings: A full season with Ron Artest will probably solidify the Sacramento Kings with a Playoff berth. Keep in mind they still have Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. With a player named Pooh Jeter on your roster, how can you not make the National Basketball Association Playoffs??? Saramento Kings will make the National Basketball Association Playoffs.

1987_Lakers
08-01-2010, 05:36 PM
lol, the Jazz made the WCF that year and many people didn't even have them making the playoffs.

ThemBombs
08-01-2010, 05:39 PM
damn, this was the season where you can be mediocre as hell and still had the chance to make it to a CF... :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
08-01-2010, 05:43 PM
They are soon headed that way, the 1st year after phil is gone , They'll be asking.

After 3 years

So HBKMGa (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/member.php?u=78768) is your gimmick to troll-bump meaningless 2006 threads and dont get banned again?

HBKMGa
08-01-2010, 07:53 PM
So HBKMGa (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/member.php?u=78768) is your gimmick to troll-bump meaningless 2006 threads and dont get banned again?

no it isn't you kobe nut-hugging dumb*ss

hawke812
08-01-2010, 07:56 PM

After 3 years

:milton

Mr. Jabbar
08-01-2010, 08:51 PM
no it isn't you kobe nut-hugging dumb*ss

so it is :lol , sore loser

ashbelly
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
so it is :lol , sore loser

:facepalm :facepalm

Mr. Jabbar
08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

You and all your bandwagoning gimmicks should be banned from life

SinJackal
08-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Jesus, Kobe trolls even jump in a time machine to infest threads from 4 years ago.

Though, it was nice to see a thread last more than one page without Kobe trolls until the very end of it.

RazorBaLade
08-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Jesus, Kobe trolls even jump in a time machine to infest threads from 4 years ago.

Though, it was nice to see a thread last more than one page without Kobe trolls until the very end of it.

this post by ashbelly

After 3 years
We are a lottery team ..

NOT TROLLING! kobe fan bumps up this thread and its trolling. **** you

HBKMGa
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM

hey simple-minded idiot, im not a kobe troll

anyways, get off your freakin' high horse. who the hell nominated you as the condescending know-it all poster of ISH? you're no better than the tolls.

SinJackal
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
this post by ashbelly

After 3 years
We are a lottery team ..

NOT TROLLING! kobe fan bumps up this thread and its trolling. **** you

Once again you prove yourself to be an obvious Kobe troll. If you seriously think this board is NOT infested with Kobe trolls right now, then you are clearly one of them yourself.

As for ashbelly, he does not reply to me trying to troll like you and other Kobe trolls do, even when I don't say anything about Kobe. So to me, he is a notch above posters like you. He doesn't reply to completely non related threads with trolls just because I made a post about Kobe without blowing him in it a few days prior.

Also, ashbelly is one person. There are at least 10 Kobe trolls on ISH. It should be obvious why they are more noticeable.

DixieNourmous
08-01-2010, 09:26 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/b85b344f_4cda_0551.gif

SinJackal
08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
hey simple-minded idiot, im not a kobe troll

anyways, get off your freakin' high horse. who the hell nominated you as the condescending know-it all poster of ISH? you're no better than the tolls.

http://anomit.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/1b957c3f7e8f1e8eaa905e683e84d89c.jpg

indiefan24
08-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Also, ashbelly is one person.

someone's na

SinJackal
08-01-2010, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=indiefan24]someone's na

RazorBaLade
08-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Once again you prove yourself to be an obvious Kobe troll. If you seriously think this board is NOT infested with Kobe trolls right now, then you are clearly one of them yourself.

As for ashbelly, he does not reply to me trying to troll like you and other Kobe trolls do, even when I don't say anything about Kobe. So to me, he is a notch above posters like you. He doesn't reply to completely non related threads with trolls just because I made a post about Kobe without blowing him in it a few days prior.

Also, ashbelly is one person. There are at least 10 Kobe trolls on ISH. It should be obvious why they are more noticeable.

Lmfao

MasterDurant24
08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Each team has made significant improvements to their lineups.

The Playoff Seedings will probably be in this order:

1) Dallas Mavericks: They still have Dirk Nowitzki and with the additions of Austin Croshere, Maurice Ager, and Devean George. They might be a force to be reckoned with. Avery Johnson is a very good coach who gets the best out of his players.

3) Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash still mans the Point Guard position with Shawn Marion still on the wing. Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, and Leandrinho Barbosa are still there and with Amare Stoudemire coming back healthy, they just might be more dangerous next season.

4) Denver Nuggets: Carmelo Anthony will be leading the way assuming he'll be fully recovered. With a healthy Nene Hilario at Power Forward and a full season with Ruben Patterson who adds energy and toughness to this team, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. Denver Nuggets still have Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin, Andre Miller, Eduardo Najera, Earl Boykins, and Jamal Sampson and J.R. Smith as the key new additions.

6) Los Angeles Clippers: Los Angeles Clippers still have their main core, but with the addition of Tim Thomas, he makes the Los Angeles Clippers stronger offensively and a major candidate to go far in the National Basketball Association Playoffs.

8) New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets: They were a win or two away from making the National Basketball Association Playoffs with Chris Paul leading the way and with the additions of Pedrag Stoijakovic, Hilton Armstrong, Cedric Simmons, and Tyson Chandler, this will only solidify the chances of the New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets in making the National Basketball Association Playoffs. David West is still around and so is Desmond Mason.

If the New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornet don't make it, then each team in the West has enough talent to make it to the number eight spot barring any injuries.

Personally, I believe the Minnesota Timberwolves will win the title. Kevin Love provides fantastic outside shooting and delicious outlet passing(Yes delicious) accompanied by Michael Beasley having a massive breakout year, easily coasting his way to 35 points per game. Their collection of point guards means they have a myraid of people who can handle the ball. Corey Brewer simply has the best perimeter defense in the leauge and is the perfect matchup to go against Kobe. Darko brings a unique, European-style post presence and will prove to be a great addition to the already loaded Timberwolves roster. Let's not forget about soon to be Rookie of the Year Wesley Johnson and underrated center Kosta Koufos, who will show that they belong in the talks of the better players of the leauge.

Let's go Wolves!