PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else annoyed at "spanish" jerseys?

bigwebb5000
03-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Last time i checked we are in america and we speak english. i don't follow the los spurs and los suns. :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

el_locoteee
03-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Last time i checked we are in america and we speak english. i don't follow the los spurs and los suns. :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

They are not Spanish jersey they are Spanglish jersey.

"Jesus"
03-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Which makes it more stupid.

bigwebb5000
03-09-2008, 06:54 PM
They are not Spanish jersey they are Spanglish jersey.

they are stupid thats what they are.

mrpibb
03-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Why do you care? I'm sure a fan would still root for his hometeam no matter what their name was...as long as it wasn't humiliating.

Myth
03-09-2008, 06:55 PM
It would make more sense if the jerseys usually said "The Spurs" and "The Suns". Adding Los does not make it any more readable for Spanish speakers.

GOBB
03-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm lost. Pix or it didnt happen.

Ron Mexico
03-09-2008, 06:59 PM
It would make more sense if the jerseys usually said "The Spurs" and "The Suns". Adding Los does not make it any more readable for Spanish speakers.

What do you think Los Spurs says idiot? Los Spurs=The Spurs

"Los" is plural for "El", which is "the"

Dumbass

Myth
It happened for anybody that even caught a glimpse of the game on ABC. Pics are only needed when it is something small that can be overlooked. Go find a highlight on ESPN and you'll see.

Ron Mexico

It did happen, somewhat subtley. ABC game.

Myth
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM

Dumass

I think you completely missed what I was saying, so stop with the name calling. I was saying that since the jerseys don't usually have "The" on them, they don't need to translate it to "Los".

Ron Mexico
03-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I think you completely missed what I was saying, so stop with the name calling. I was saying that since the jerseys don't usually have "The" on them, they don't need to translate it to "Los".

Okay, but the idea was to incorporate a Spanish theme into the names. Thats like......the reason. We know jerseys don't usually have "the" on them.

GOBB
03-09-2008, 07:04 PM
It did happen, somewhat subtley. ABC game.

I never noticed that. Watching highlights now and see. Eh, hardly a big deal for a topic to be made about it. :oldlol:

StroShow4
03-09-2008, 07:06 PM

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/66/fullj.85b328c47009be54cebf7c2e6cc9646f/85b328c47009be54cebf7c2e6cc9646f-getty-76075037lb010_san_antonio_s.jpg

Myth
03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Okay, but the idea was to incorporate a Spanish theme into the names. Thats like......the reason. We know jerseys don't usually have "the" on them.

They should have just translated the words "Spurs" and "Suns".

steve
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Why do you care? I'm sure a fan would still root for his hometeam no matter what their name was...as long as it wasn't humiliating.
Yep, still root for the Wizards, even though it erodes my soul a little bit every time I can't call them the Bullets (although it could've been worse, one of the other choices at the time was Sea Dogs).

Ron Mexico
03-09-2008, 07:08 PM

So they want the Suns to be an ex-WNBA team?

Xsatyr
03-09-2008, 07:12 PM

They are adding a spanish theme, not changing the name. Translating the words "Spurs" and "Suns" is just stupid bc the spanish speakers already know the team names as they are. The purpose is just a spanish theme.

Myth
03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
So they want the Suns to be an ex-WNBA team?

I guess I don't know enough about WNBA to know what team name that would be. Isn't sun "Sol" in Spanish? Was that a WNBA team name?

Ron Mexico
03-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I guess I don't know enough about WNBA to know what team name that would be. Isn't sun "Sol" in Spanish? Was that a WNBA team name?

Yep, the Miami Sol. They left quite a legacy behind.:D

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Who cares about the "Spanish" style jerseys? It's just a tribute to cities that have a high number of latin population and who support the pro sports franchise.

Don't the Celtics, Knicks, Raptors and the Hornets have "Saint Patrick's Day" special jerseys they wear? Where is the uproar and "this is America" BS when it comes to an Irish-appreciation event?

Ignorant phucks!

Myth
03-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Yep, the Miami Sol. They left quite a legacy behind.:D

Oh, well in that case I really wish it happened. I'm not a Suns fan so I wouldn't mind the reference of Suns being girls :oldlol:

Myth
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Who cares about the "Spanish" style jerseys? It's just a tribute to cities that have a high number of latin population and who support the pro sports franchise.

Don't the Celtics, Knicks, Raptors and the Hornets have "Saint Patrick's Day" special jerseys they wear? Where is the uproar and "this is America" BS when it comes to an Irish-appreciation event?

Ignorant phucks!

I have no problem with giving tribute or trying to draw a Spanish crowd, or whatever they were trying to do. I simply thought it was weird starting with a spanish "Los" then finishing with an english team name. Its just inconsistent.

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I have no problem with giving tribute or trying to draw a Spanish crowd, or whatever they were trying to do. I simply thought it was weird starting with a spanish "Los" then finishing with an english team name. Its just inconsistent.

I think the NBA is trying to show appreciation to the Spanish/Latin community and fan base WHILE not alienating any American fans who might have found it "insulting." Typical David Stern PC move.

I think it was tastefully done and pretty cool.

embersyc
03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Its just like any other alternate jersey, just a marketing thing.

I'm sure Barbosa, Oberto and Ginobili Los Spurs and Los Suns jerseys will be selling like crazy.

Myth
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I think the NBA is trying to show appreciation to the Spanish/Latin community and fan base WHILE not alienating any American fans who might have found it "insulting." Typical David Stern PC move.

Thats a good point. I for one would have preferred that if they were trying to show appreciation, they should have went just a tad further with full translation of the team names.

StroShow4
03-09-2008, 07:28 PM

I'm sure Barbosa, Oberto and Ginobili Los Spurs and Los Suns jerseys will be selling like crazy.

they aren't actually going to realease them to the public are they? i didn't hear anything abou that. they might auction off the game worn ones on nba.com though, they do that sometimes with the special edition type jerseys.

Rockets(T-mac)
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Wow.... how can a little "Los" in front of the teams name bother you enough to make a thread about it?

mrpibb
03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow.... how can a little "Los" in front of the teams name bother you enough to make a thread about it?
Exactly.

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Thats a good point. I for one would have preferred that if they were trying to show appreciation, they should have went just a tad further with full translation of the team names.

I agree. To go one step further, all the players should have worn Luche Libre masks and instead of the usual opening jumpball tip.......they should have stuffed a basketball in a pinata and suspended it from the scoreboard, blind-folded Shaqand Duncan and given each of them a baseball bat. The 1st one to crack the pinata, his team gets opening possesion of the ball. :D

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
they aren't actually going to realease them to the public are they? i didn't hear anything abou that. they might auction off the game worn ones on nba.com though, they do that sometimes with the special edition type jerseys.

They will have SWINGMAN jerseys available for sale on NBA.com. Not sure about Authentics though.

mrpibb
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I agree. To go one step further, all the players should have worn Luche Libre masks and instead of the usual opening jumpball tip.......they should have stuffed a basketball in a pinata and suspended it from the scoreboard, blind-folded Shaqand Duncan and given each of them a baseball bat. The 1st one to crack the pinata, his team gets opening possesion of the ball. :D
No wonder you're voting for Obama. Nice way to think out of the box dudez!

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:36 PM
No wonder you're voting for Obama. Nice way to think out of the box dudez!

You do realize that I was joking, right? :)

StroShow4
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
They will have SWINGMAN jerseys available for sale on NBA.com. Not sure about Authentics though.

there won't be any authentics. none of these special jerseys are ever released in the authentic version. the bobcats had those jerseys earlier in the year with the racing checkers on the side, swingmans were for sale but no authentics. same with the saint patricks day jerseys.

mrpibb
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
You do realize that I was joking, right? :)
Right back at ya, what do you think I was doing?

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Right back at ya, what do you think I was doing?

:cheers:

Lack of sleep homie.

Lakers13
03-09-2008, 07:43 PM

Ignorant phucks!

How do the Celtics, Knicks, Raptors, and Hornets celebrate with the st paddys day jerseys? Are they green Jerseys or is all the beer in the buidling green? I havent seen it myself and was curious being an Irish guy.

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
there won't be any authentics. none of these special jerseys are ever released in the authentic version. the bobcats had those jerseys earlier in the year with the racing checkers on the side, swingmans were for sale but no authentics. same with the saint patricks day jerseys.

Keep on eye out on eBay. A few of those rare authentics show up from time to time. I saw one of those Charlotte/NASCAR authentic jersey up for auction a while back.

StroShow4
03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
How do the Celtics, Knicks, Raptors, and Hornets celebrate with the st paddys day jerseys? Are they green Jerseys or is all the beer in the buidling green? I havent seen it myself and was curious being an Irish guy.

they all wear green jerseys for like a week. the hornets had red jerseys for valentines day once too, i think it was last year.

StroShow4
03-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Keep on eye out on eBay. A few of those rare authentics show up from time to time. I saw one of those Charlotte/NASCAR authentic jersey up for auction a while back.

yeah i wouldn't want one anyways for the prices they would be selling for.. if the nets were to have some special jerseys auctioned off i would look into it because of stro, but other than that it's too much money even though i collect authentic jerseys. i missed out on the swift europe live grizzlies jersey this summer, but i was able to pick up a game used vancouver jersey of his.

Poseidon
03-09-2008, 07:48 PM

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/perkins_yell350550.jpg

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/home/tiblogs/public_html/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/marbury-green-thumb.jpeg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/1760673640_8fd6e73236_o.jpg

KobeLookLike2Pac
03-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Maybe it's as a goodbye to the AZ illegals. There is a mass exodus in AZ of illegals because the economy is bad and AZ is one of several states that has started going after employers for hiring illegals. They say some trailer parks around the Phoenix area have been emptied by half or more since the beginning of the year. Mexico has made an official complaint to the United States saying it can't handle the returning traffic coming back into northern Mexico.

starface
03-09-2008, 07:54 PM

i'll tell you how.

because pollls continuously show that 3/4 of americans are becoming greatly vexed at the colonization of america at the hands of illegal mexican immigrants, of which there are over 10 million. nothing is being done because those at the top wish to keep services of illegal workers available. the overwhelming majority of americans want something to be done about it, and the people they elect who are supposed to act on the wishes of their constituents are just blatantly and boldly ignoring them.

america is turning into mexico and the reason for it is that our government is run by people who dont care where you from or whether or not your legal, they care whether you are willing to circumvent wage laws and work dirt cheap for them.

greed is destroying the country.

lakers_forever
03-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Barbosa can't even speak spanish. :roll:

fos
03-09-2008, 08:18 PM

I disagree because we don't have an illegal immigration problem with the Irish, they're not breaking the law and coming here to take AMERICAN jobs. Try to spin it however you like you liberal queer.

trig
03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
They should try this with Philly.

Los76ers = 76 losers

and1
03-09-2008, 08:37 PM
oh me and my buddy came up with the theory that all the western teams have to do this because Los angeles is #1 right now

Mateo
03-09-2008, 08:45 PM
You've obviously never been to San Antonio if you think "Los Spurs" is out of place.

Myth
03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
You've obviously never been to San Antonio if you think "Los Spurs" is out of place.

I'm not saying that "Los Spurs" isn't spoken. I'm sure Spanish speakers say that just like English speakers say "The Spurs". My point is that the word "The", no matter what language, is out of place on a jersey.

KobeLookLike2Pac
03-09-2008, 08:57 PM
suck a dick white boy. you know damn well latinos do all the jobs you ****** ass gringos dont want to.

Latinos won't either. :oldlol: American latinos won't do those jobs anymore than a an American black or white will. I know for a fact nobody is going to see your ass out there picking shyt like your papa did. You got the Mexican politicians over there saying that Mexicans are taking the jobs that the blacks are too lazy to do but they don't mention that American latinos won't either. :ohwell:

Canada has had a working guest worker program for 30 years, we don't because it will end up costing greedy employers more money. We need to get one here to so Mexicans can legally come and leave as necessary, and yet we are not doomed to an endless invasion of law breakers.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 09:07 PM

the question is why? why all this effort to diversify america instead of coming together?

why do spanish people get nationalistic radio stations like "la raza" or "la invasora". they are encouraged to feel animosity towards the US. I've even seen billboards claiming California is rightfully part of Mexico. And most white people can't read spanish so the jokes on them.

In my humble oppinion its a matter of globalization strategy.

Mexico uses the United States as an outlet of dissent. Mexico is even more corrupt than the US but their protests are imediately broken up by the police. The angry people go to the United States.

usdmef9
03-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Mexicans arn't the problem, puerto ricans are, mexicans come here and work there asses off to support there families and puerto ricans come here and get there women pregnant and think they don't have to work. :hammerhead:

Xsatyr
03-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm not saying that "Los Spurs" isn't spoken. I'm sure Spanish speakers say that just like English speakers say "The Spurs". My point is that the word "The", no matter what language, is out of place on a jersey.

It is not hard to understand. They wanted to add a spanish theme without changing their main name, "Spurs" and "Suns". So they just added Los which is a good idea, sounds cool. Translating Spurs and Suns would just be stupid bc spanish people who watch these teams call them by their actual names in English, not Spanish.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 09:11 PM
suck a dick white boy. you know damn well latinos do all the jobs you ****** ass gringos dont want to.

wow what a racist, conditioned, naive comment.

why do you feel such hatred? if I were mexican I would be pissed off at the elitist rulers who have basically enslaved the mexican people.

not "gringo white boys". racism like that is just used to divide people. you're getting angry at the wrong enemy.

Xsatyr
03-09-2008, 09:11 PM
the question is why? why all this effort to diversify america instead of coming together?

why do spanish people get nationalistic radio stations like "la raza" or "la invasora". they are encouraged to feel animosity towards the US. I've even seen billboards claiming California is rightfully part of Mexico.

In my humble oppinion its a matter of globalization strategy.

Mexico uses the United States as an outlet of dissent. Mexico is even more corrupt than the US but their protests are imediately broken up by the police. The angry people go to the United States.

Wow :confusedshrug:

Xsatyr
03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
wow what a racist, conditioned, naive comment.

why do you feel such hatred? if I were mexican I would be pissed off at the elitist rulers who have basically enslaved the mexican people.

not "gringo white boys". racism like that is just used to divide people. you're getting angry at the wrong enemy.

Wrong enemy? You do realize U.S. took land from Mexico which was the whole purpose of the Zimmerman note from the Germans right? Besides Mexicans know all about their problems in Mexico so they come here and work for low wages. They do the jobs most people won't so they do not have to live in Mexico.

el_locoteee
03-09-2008, 09:17 PM

That will only represent the Mexican community, not the Latin community.

Xsatyr
03-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow please stop and think. People in Mexico have been ruled by dictators since its inception.

I don't care if the US took land from Mexico. What good does it do to take it back? Shouldn't Mexicans be more concerned about

How do you explain radio stations like "la raza" or "la invasora". These are nationalistic propaganda stations encouraging la reconquista.

Mexicans are being taught in school that the US is the enemy and its their duty to go out and take back what is theres. Directly or indirectly. Thats wrong.

What Mexicans need to do is stand up to the corruption and injustice in their own country instead of targeting America. Its the wrong enemy.

The United States cannot afford more immigrants. We are trillions of dollar in debt and depending on China to survive. The corporations are encouraging the exodus to the US because it means cheaper labor and a divided US. The Latinos will certainly support the North American Union when it is introduced. Vincente Fox is a good friend of President Bush. They are the same group of people.

DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

I never said they are trying to take the land back. So you saw a sign? Big deal that does not represent all Mexicans. I live in Texas and never heard of anything like that. And it is the United States fault letting in all these Mexicans to work for low wages.

crisoner
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
This is a freaking racist thread.

Come on now...Mexicans taking our jobs???? What jobs....the ones the nobody wants? How soon do we all forget what the statue of liberty was all about.

It's clear that some of you have never been to a third world country.

el_locoteee
03-09-2008, 09:28 PM
LMFAO... It's pretty funny that they have to LEAVE their home country to come here even though they have like the 4th highest oil reserves. Coincidentally they can't stay out of jail either. Illegals are cockroaches, they come here doing a job they get paid under the table for, don't pay taxes, claim 99 dependents, pack like 50 of you cockroaches in a $300 a month one room apartment and send the money back to your "home country" while not speaking english, committing a ridiculous amount of crime... I think it's over 33% of inmates in prison. At the same time getting "free" hospital visits to pop out the 30 kids you have (I quote free because it costs us humans). There is no other group of people this worthless... Look at how minorities such as Asians prosper and then contrast it with you. Lazy, worthless bastards.

:violin:

Way to answer a racist comment with another racist comment.
racist = ignorant

BTW. In my work we trying to help a "white" boy HIV positive who have two felonies (drug related) and can't get a job because of that. We are teaching him to design and he already make a few $$ out of that, we gave him lunch, ride etc for free and we knows for sure most of his friend and girlfriend are crack head losers, but we don't think all white boys are drug addict parasites and 100% of the employees in my work place are Spanish speaking.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I never said they are trying to take the land back. So you saw a sign? Big deal that does not represent all Mexicans. I live in Texas and never heard of anything like that. And it is the United States fault letting in all these Mexicans to work for low wages.

The point is that the people behind the billboard aren't even Mexican. They are companies based in London.

Why?

Because the globalist one-worlders have a vested interest in stirring up mexican nationalism.

Where do most Mexican Immigrants work? I don't think that they are mostly employed by rich people looking for gardeners. I'd guess its probably factories where employers look the other way. Factories run by international corporations.

Corporations aren't interested in the welbeing of the US, Mexico, or any country.

The issue isn't that you're taking our jobs. The issue is that we are subsidizing immigration.

I saw a rally for pro-imigration. This one guy was sitting in traffic for an hour trying to get through and he flipped off the crowd. They pulled him out of the car and beat his ass. The cops then pulled the people off him, hit him a couple more times, arrested him and took him to jail.
Think about it... why are the police supporting these rallies? Why do foreign corporations have an interest in this movement?

We need to step away from all this racism on both sides and look at this objectively. US simply cant afford it and its not the right solution for Mexico. Just look at how Mexico treats illegal immigrants.

The U.S. people need to get a better feel for whats going on there.

Xsatyr
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
The point is that the people behind the billboard aren't even Mexican. They are companies based in London.

Why?

Because the globalist one-worlders have a vested interest in stirring up mexican nationalism.

Where do most Mexican Immigrants work? I don't think that they are mostly employed by rich people looking for gardeners. I'd guess its probably factories where employers look the other way. Factories run by international corporations.

Corporations are interested in the welbeing of the US, Mexico, or any country.

Lol you think our own government has nothing to do with it? I bet you most Mexicans work for Amercian companies small and big. I am done responding to you, you are too blind my friend.

el_locoteee
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM

Why?

Corporations aren't interested in the welbeing of the US, Mexico, or any country.

The issue isn't that you're taking our jobs. The issue is that we are subsidizing immigration.

I saw a rally for pro-imigration. This one guy was sitting in traffic for an hour trying to get through and he flipped off the crowd. They pulled him out of the car and beat his ass. The cops then pulled the people off him, hit him a couple more times, arrested him and took him to jail.
Think about it... why are the police supporting these rallies? Why do foreign corporations have an interest in this movement?

We need to step away from all this racism on both sides and look at this objectively. US simply cant afford it and its not the right solution for Mexico. Just look at how Mexico treats illegal immigrants.

The U.S. people need to get a better feel for whats going on there.

Because is legal in a FREE country.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
wait what... whose government? No I said the US government has subsidized immigration. They want it. They've had something to do with it as you say.

Then they use the media to stir up racism and tension on both sides.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Because is legal in a FREE country.

Free Speech is supposedly legal yes. But if you march on washington or the RNC you will see you will be kept in a "free speech zone."

I'm saying the police were beating people up who protested the protesters. At least in one documented incident.

KobeLookLike2Pac
03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
This is a freaking racist thread.

Come on now...Mexicans taking our jobs???? What jobs....the ones the nobody wants? How soon do we all forget what the statue of liberty was all about.

It's clear that some of you have never been to a third world country.

Only now the US has finally turned it's attention to the employers. It's ridiculous to try and blame the entire immigration problem on the struggling illegal person. If the GOP would have focused on the employers instead of the illegals, then this problem would have been solved a long time ago. The GOP leaders tried to shift all the blame on the illegals because they knew that it would never solve a thing and their wealthy base could continue doing business as usual all the while appeasing their less educated working class by playing to their racist tendencies and putting the illegal immigrant as the face of the problem. Now thankfully some politicians are starting to after the employers. AZ and OK are having entire communities leave in droves because of the new laws. It is funny to see the mexican government complain about the influx of their own citizens though. :oldlol: Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

There needs to be a guestworker program installed. It would be more humane to the illegals and better for our country. The question is whether or not the greedy conservatives will allow it to happen.

Myth
03-09-2008, 09:43 PM
It is not hard to understand. They wanted to add a spanish theme without changing their main name, "Spurs" and "Suns". So they just added Los which is a good idea, sounds cool. Translating Spurs and Suns would just be stupid bc spanish people who watch these teams call them by their actual names in English, not Spanish.

Its not that I don't understand. I'm just saying what my preference would have been.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
If the GOP would have focused on the employers instead of the illegals,

stop acting like its all the GOP man

The democrats and republicans are almost identical except on a few "hot button" issues.

In my oppinion the 2 party system is just set up to divide the public.

The real rulers in washington are invisible and behind the scenes.

el_locoteee
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Free Speech is supposedly legal yes. But if you march on washington or the RNC you will see you will be kept in a "free speech zone."

I'm saying the police were beating people up who protested the protesters. At least in one documented incident.

What he did?????

Did he protest in passive way.

BTW the police beat everybody anytime.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
yeah the police are made up of a bunch of "bully" minded people. theres a few good apples here and there but we all know how corruption spreads.

US and Mexico have been cooperating in the drug market. When a drug siezure is made often the Mexican police claim custody and come back to get the shipment. This is allowed by the higher ups in the US. Did you hear about that plane that crashed recently?

I'm not saying everyone is corrupt but it only takes a few people in high places to recruit guys look for a little extra dough.

BTrujillo
03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
I gotta agree with final.wrath on my points.

I think its funny how people blame certain communities and people without looking at history... it is disappointing that Irish, Italian and other non-Anglo people can bash immigrants today with the same language and hate that other people used to describe their ancestors. When will we realize that the real problem is the system...not the people :banghead:

Immigration for jobs...low wages...loss of manufacturing jobs...all part of this free trade capitalism that this country tries to force other countries to abide by...illegal immigration and its effects is the PERFECT example of the "market"...isn't this what we are taught to believe in...and yet the negative effects start to show up in this country and people can't handle it...

You can't have your cake and eat it too !!!

starface
03-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Come on now...Mexicans taking our jobs???? What jobs....the ones the nobody wants?

I am astonished every time I hear the argument "they do jobs that americans wont"

There is NEVER a job that you cant find American citizens to do for the legally mandated minimum wage. The REAL slogan should be "Mexicans do the jobs that Americans wont do for 4 dollars an hour with no benefits and compromising work conditions."

You will never have a shortage of American citizens in any corner of the country to do jobs for the nationally mandated wage and reasonable work conditions. The problem is the people WE elect would rather receive campaign contributions from those who wish to circumvent employment regluations instead of serve the people they are supposed to.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 10:13 PM
we don't elect anybody starface. the voting system is rigged that was evident in 2000, 2004... the local detroit election... its all corrupt.

Hell one of Diebold's (the company that makes black box voting machines) board of directors members is a convicted drug dealer.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
I gotta agree with final.wrath on my points.

I think its funny how people blame certain communities and people without looking at history... it is disappointing that Irish, Italian and other non-Anglo people can bash immigrants today with the same language and hate that other people used to describe their ancestors. When will we realize that the real problem is the system...not the people :banghead:

Immigration for jobs...low wages...loss of manufacturing jobs...all part of this free trade capitalism that this country tries to force other countries to abide by...illegal immigration and its effects is the PERFECT example of the "market"...isn't this what we are taught to believe in...and yet the negative effects start to show up in this country and people can't handle it...

You can't have your cake and eat it too !!!

Okay but we aren't practicing "free trade". Nafta may have that in its name but its far from it. We give so many subsidies and show favoritism and give no bid contracts...

we aren't a true capatilist country. what we have is fascism... not yet it the totalitarian sense but in the sense that corporations are the dominant force in government, not the people.

KobeLookLike2Pac
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
If the government focusing almost all it's attention on the employers then the illegal immigrant problem will take care of itself and the pro-immigrant activists will not have a leg to stand on or anything to complain about. It's that simple and the greedy politicians know it.

final.wrath
03-09-2008, 10:19 PM
yep there you go. the problem is the government is PAID FOR by the employers.

Huge corporations that own smaller corporations and they all give campaign contributions.

BTrujillo
03-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Okay but we aren't practicing "free trade". Nafta may have that in its name but its far from it. We give so many subsidies and show favoritism and give no bid contracts...

we aren't a true capatilist country. what we have is fascism... not yet it the totalitarian sense but in the sense that corporations are the dominant force in government, not the people.

Yeah I know that we don't practice it... in some areas we do and in others we don't... but by the language in our textbooks and speeches that politicians make you would think we do...we preach it when we want others to practice it for the benefit of US corporations...but we hardly practice it here...immigration is one example of how the free market is actually manifesting itself here and all of a sudden people are complaining about it...thats exactly what i meant by "you can't have your cake and eat it too" ... We preach it to everyone else but hate it when its not benefitting us

Myth
03-09-2008, 10:40 PM
So, about those 'jerseys'........

StroShow4
03-09-2008, 10:42 PM
smh @ what happened to this thread..

BTrujillo
03-09-2008, 10:45 PM
haha...yeah those jerseys huh? I liked them...I would definitely sport a Laker one if it came out...if anything its a smart marketing move by the NBA

RainierBeachPoet
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM

yeah, back to the op

it is about marketing. just like the retro jerseys, alternative logos/colors, the "los" jerseys are just another way to make people spend $75 on another jersey that we really dont need

Xsatyr
03-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Its not that I don't understand. I'm just saying what my preference would have been.

Yeah I just don't think they want to take it that far. This way they can give it a spanish touch without pissing anybody off for changing the name.

bence23
03-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Latinos won't either. :oldlol: American latinos won't do those jobs anymore than a an American black or white will. I know for a fact nobody is going to see your ass out there picking shyt like your papa did. You got the Mexican politicians over there saying that Mexicans are taking the jobs that the blacks are too lazy to do but they don't mention that American latinos won't either. :ohwell:

Canada has had a working guest worker program for 30 years, we don't because it will end up costing greedy employers more money. We need to get one here to so Mexicans can legally come and leave as necessary, and yet we are not doomed to an endless invasion of law breakers.
who cares? you white people are the ones complaining about "them" taking "your" jobs. I'm not. We're not. And my dad's a doctor thanks so please stop pretending to know me. I'm actually half-white so I feel obligated to shun my white roots and talk **** while hyping up my mexican side. U mad?

final.wrath
03-10-2008, 12:18 AM
hey, why don't you go shoot up some more campuses when you're not in rehab trying to kick your meth habit you ***** ass *****!

You sound like a very angry person torn apart by racial issues.

Maybe you should start seeing people as human beings, not "whiteboy cracker gringos" or whatever you call mexicans.

Then you can start to address the problem more objectively. Because right now you've got such a narrow view that seems to be adapted from pop culture and the media, instead of research and contemplation.

All the best in your travels. I hope you get to a more peaceful place someday soon.

RoseCity07
03-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Well Arizona, Texas, and California don't even really belong to the United States. They were taken from Mexico much like how we killed the indians and claimed America as our territory.

How do you like that, what if I went over to my neighbors house and killed everyone, said I "discovered" their home, and claimed it as mine. It's funny how some people think that America is where we all started out.

KobeLookLike2Pac
03-10-2008, 12:30 AM
who cares? you white people are the ones complaining about "them" taking "your" jobs. I'm not. We're not.

Neither am I. And stick the quotations right back up your ass because I didn't use either of those words. I don't care if they come here and do those jobs as long as they aren't rewarded by being given citizenship to themselves and their children for breaking into this country. There is a guest worker program in Canada and there should be one here. Let them come here, do their work and when they are done, take their earnings back to their country and lead a good life. With the current system you lock in the illegals and they can't leave and it also makes it where you have to have a whole new batch of illegal immigrants who need to come in and pick the fields every generation because the children of the illegals will not.

And my dad's a doctor thanks so please stop pretending to know me. I'm actually half-white so I feel obligated to shun my white roots and talk **** while hyping up my mexican side. U mad?

And I am not white and if that is you in your avatar, you don't look white at all either. You look like a full on vato.

:confusedshrug: You can't be serious. Some go to college and unfortunately some don't. They get stuck doing jobs no one wants to do.

So do whites and blacks. There are no Americans of any color out there "doing the jobs no one wants to do". What's your point?:confusedshrug: My quote was indicating that American latinos are no different that whites or blacks.

boozehound
03-10-2008, 12:48 AM

Dumbass
wow imagine that spurs is a spanish word. I always thought it was espuela but i must be a Dumbass

Geandily
03-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Ban Spanglish jerseys

jody
03-10-2008, 01:37 AM
did not see the game, but saw photos on the internet. WTF is "los suns" on the jerseys?

Kiddlovesnets
03-10-2008, 01:38 AM
did not see the game, but saw photos on the internet. WTF is "los suns" on the jerseys?

I guess it was a spelling mistake. Should be Lose Suns instead.

final.wrath
03-10-2008, 01:39 AM
apparently a marketing appeal to the latin viewer

like ESPN deportes

I don't know man I don't much like it but money runs the world.

DatZNasty
03-10-2008, 01:40 AM
:oldlol: at calling Bence vato, especially from a 60x60 pixel pic

StroShow4
03-10-2008, 01:40 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79475

gts
03-10-2008, 01:42 AM
apparently a marketing appeal to the latin viewer

like ESPN deportes

I don't know man I don't much like it but money runs the world.always looking for that conspiracy eh? lol

it's in honor of mexican heritage week or month in phoenix...
just a one game deal...

oldenpolynice
03-10-2008, 01:47 AM
It's ironic to me that in trying to recognize latino heritage with the "Los" jerseys, the NBA inadvertantly started a racially charged discussion about illegal immigration on this board.

Stupid idea to begin with. Hey NBA, how about instead of sewing Spanglish onto the fronts of jerseys, you just make tickets more affordable?

final.wrath
03-10-2008, 01:59 AM
it probably wasn't inadvertant. things don't happen randomly.

final.wrath
03-10-2008, 02:01 AM
yeah i got like 3,000 conspiricies on lock down

StroShow4
03-10-2008, 02:16 AM
what the hell is up with ISH and conspiracies? i had no idea half the world's basketball fans are also conspiracy theorists.

bdreason
03-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Stern is trying to get the illegal's to watch the NBA. It's a really large demographic these days, especially in the Southwest part of the country.

gts
03-10-2008, 02:30 AM
what the hell is up with ISH and conspiracies? i had no idea half the world's basketball fans are also conspiracy theorists.not at all just a few posters here are like that...

dirkdiggler41
03-10-2008, 02:31 AM
always looking for that conspiracy eh? lol

it's in honor of mexican heritage week or month in phoenix...
just a one game deal...

Nah. I have seen those los spurs jerseys before. It is not a one thing only

Lebron23
03-10-2008, 02:35 AM
I like this one Los Cavalieros :cheers:

Make It Rain
03-10-2008, 02:38 AM
I like this one Los Cavalieros :cheers:
I'm pretty sure it'd be spelled Caballeros.

VeeCee15
03-10-2008, 03:04 AM
David Stern is a cheesy old fart.

Guy needs to fire himself.

His business practices are no longer contemporary and hence
the gradual decline of the NBA.

1) fabricated superstars
2) superstars getting baby calls
3) Ref scandal
4) Latin heritage BS
5) All this other heritage crap (ie. Minneapolis Lakers jersey's etc)
6) teaming up with Spalding and the bad game ball they made (if he didn't know already, wilson has spalding beat in the ball department)
7) Overhyping, overexposure

etc.
etc.

chains5000
03-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Didn't read all the posts, but for people who said it's stupid or weird to write "Los" and then the team's name in English, you should it's the way people talk about those teams here. Nobody says "los soles" but the los suns, and so on.

Myth
03-10-2008, 03:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080310

Section #2 by objesguy, exactly what I thought when I saw it, except for the Farley reference. I didn't think of that part.

Thorpesaurous
03-10-2008, 08:21 AM
I don't have a problem with it, but I didn't think it was well done. The Spurs looked like they just ironed on the Los before the game.

The whole game it reminded me of this for some reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p_d8Z2kaTU&feature=related

And that's a good thing.

RainierBeachPoet
03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't have a problem with it, but I didn't think it was well done. The Spurs looked like they just ironed on the Los before the game.

And that's a good thing.
oh that we could all lighten up a bit on this and see some humor in it

:bowdown: to chris farley

misterfurious
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM

No big deal.

Im more concerned about Shaq's weight if I were a Suns fan.

jody
03-10-2008, 12:03 PM
put me in the group that was annoyed.

this only happened because the government is letting short fat brown guys walk across the border, and now there are millions and millions of them in the states.

meanwhile immigrants from other nations have to obey the law, wait in line, and pay their dues.

it was a bad idea. there is no "hispanic heritage" going on here, just short fat brown guys overruning my nation.

Myth
03-10-2008, 03:14 PM

And that's a good thing.

Did it really remind you of that the whole time? Or did you just make the connection after it was pointed out on ESPN's Daily Dime?

Thorpesaurous
03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I swear I have not seen the Daily Dime yet.

ChrisConley
03-10-2008, 04:42 PM
put me in the group that was annoyed.

this only happened because the government is letting short fat brown guys walk across the border, and now there are millions and millions of them in the states.

meanwhile immigrants from other nations have to obey the law, wait in line, and pay their dues.

it was a bad idea. there is no "hispanic heritage" going on here, just short fat brown guys overruning my nation.

The irony is that they keep a lot of things running. For instance on the West Coast, they're the only ones that will take all the sh!tty jobs. If we magically teleported them back to where they came from, we'd have a shortage of people left to serve us fastfood, clean toilets, and pick fruit. Seriously, my cousin owns a farm, and he says no one will pick fruit except Mexicans. He says white people would rather collect unemployment than pick fruit because it is a long, hard, strenuous job that pays poorly. And that's what happens. Most of the fruit we eat grown in America from the westcoast was picked by illegal immigrants (according to him). That doesn't mean they should be allowed here, it just complicates things.

Myth
03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Lets please stop the political and racist conversations and talk about basketball.

boojitede
03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
The irony is that they keep a lot of things running. For instance on the West Coast, they're the only ones that will take all the sh!tty jobs. If we magically teleported them back to where they came from, we'd have a shortage of people left to serve us fastfood, clean toilets, and pick fruit. Seriously, my cousin owns a farm, and he says no one will pick fruit except Mexicans. He says white people would rather collect unemployment than pick fruit because it is a long, hard, strenuous job that pays poorly. And that's what happens. Most of the fruit we eat grown in America from the westcoast was picked by illegal immigrants (according to him). That doesn't mean they should be allowed here, it just complicates things.
Latinos make up the kitchens of 90% of restaurants in arizona.

even the asian ones

Myth
03-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Thats nice. Basketball anybody?

jdm_dc_fan
05-24-2011, 06:10 PM
sorry to bump this thread but anyone know where i can buy that t shirt that says nba in spanish? It is spelled ENE-BE-A across the chest.

Maga_1
05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
sorry to bump this thread but anyone know where i can buy that t shirt that says nba in spanish? It is spelled ENE-BE-A across the chest.

try nba store.

iggy>
05-24-2011, 08:14 PM

Barbosa is from brazil, which is not a Spanish speaking country. Try portuguese.

jdm_dc_fan
05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
try nba store.
already did.

Maga_1
05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
already did.

try ENE-BE-A site, i think there's one.

BarberSchool
05-24-2011, 09:21 PM
it's a small, patronizing thing which doesn't bother me. it just seems like it would seem very patronizing to any intelligent latino.

50inchvertical
05-24-2011, 10:10 PM
it's a small, patronizing thing which doesn't bother me. it just seems like it would seem very patronizing to any intelligent latino.
I have no problem with it. I embrace diversity, and figure any American should, given that "we," as Americans, are the foreigner/invaders/aliens in all reality.

I just felt like the NBA half assed the effort though. Los Bulls? Los Suns? Yes, I know technically you don't translate proper nouns, but when it's an actual noun? Los Toros would make more sense.

OKCThunderUP
05-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I have no problem with it. I embrace diversity, and figure any American should, given that "we," as Americans, are the foreigner/invaders/aliens in all reality.

x100000000

DKLaker
05-24-2011, 10:46 PM

I just felt like the NBA half assed the effort though. Los Bulls? Los Suns? Yes, I know technically you don't translate proper nouns, but when it's an actual noun? Los Toros would make more sense.

I absolutely LOVE diversity, I have close friends from damn near every race and religion, friends from every continent and many islands. I love everyone and have never discriminated.

That being said, I absolutely HATE those stupid jerseys, I think it's a complete waste of time and distracting.......and if you're going to do it, what about in Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, French.....etc......why favor one culture over another? All have great loyal fans.......you see what this starts???
Leave the uniforms as they are!!!!!!!