7-8

Wt:

College Team:
NC Asheville

Hometown:
Chicago, IL

High School:
Chicago Latin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WctBazFZAMc - Haha..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=htwkRYa0gOk - Tyler Hansbrough posterizes him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/pete_mcentegart/02/01/ten.spot/tx_ming.jpg

Sun Ming Ming (traditional Chinese: 孫明明; simplified Chinese: 孙明明; pinyin: Sūn M

dirkdiggler41
03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Kenny is not even starting?

danumber88
03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
btw Sun was about to be drafted in the 05-06 draft..

Fubar
03-12-2008, 07:22 PM
-Too slow
-Too weak
-foul prone
-bad foot work
-low bball iq

You get the drift

dirkdiggler41
03-12-2008, 07:27 PM
-Too slow
-Too weak
-foul prone
-bad foot work
-low bball iq

You get the drift

Hey, this post is not about Smush Parker

rezznor
03-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Thoughts?

Had an Oscar worthy performance in rush hour 3 :D

Myth
03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Just from highlights, I'd say George looks to be the better player, but neither should be on an NBA team. Sun may have a higher chance because of international publicity.

hito da god
03-12-2008, 08:08 PM
i saw a documentary on sun ming ming on discovery health over the weekend

he was diagnosed with gigantism (kenny george probably has the same condition) and they showed the operation of his tumor being removed. the tumor was apparently a big road block for his conditioning and once it was removed (this was after the tryout with the lakers) he improved his conditioning.

anyway, he seemed to have a decent jumper out to about 15 feet which was impressive for a 7'9 but his footwork in the post needed some real work. from what i've seen of the two, ming definitely seems to have a lot more potential. george is just a mass, ming seems to have a lil talent on him

PK3434
03-12-2008, 08:17 PM
i saw a documentary on sun ming ming on discovery health over the weekend

he was diagnosed with gigantism (kenny george probably has the same condition) and they showed the operation of his tumor being removed. the tumor was apparently a big ro******* for his conditioning and once it was removed (this was after the tryout with the lakers) he improved his conditioning.

anyway, he seemed to have a decent jumper out to about 15 feet which was impressive for a 7'9 but his footwork in the post needed some real work. from what i've seen of the two, ming definitely seems to have a lot more potential. george is just a mass, ming seems to have a lil talent on him

dont say ro******* ever again.

iamgine
03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
What if you play with 2 very good spot up shooter/defender and 3 7'6+ centers on the court?

Something like:

Daniel Gibson
Bruce Bowen
Yao Ming
Kenny George
Sun Ming Ming

The idea is 1 center would always stay back at the backcourt to cover fast breaks and 2 other centers would join the attack. The 2 guards will spot up and cover fastbreaks. Probably would be a disaster but it sounds like it could work. :D

Interminator
03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
What if you play with 2 very good spot up shooter/defender and 3 7'6+ centers on the court?

Something like:

Daniel Gibson
Bruce Bowen
Yao Ming
Kenny George
Sun Ming Ming

The idea is 1 center would always stay back at the backcourt to cover fast breaks and 2 other centers would join the attack. The 2 guards will spot up and cover fastbreaks. Probably would be a disaster but it sounds like it could work. :D
Revolutionary.

1 7-5+ C remains by the basket and doesnt come down on offense.So it would basically be 4-on-5 with the other 7-5 C on offense.

The games would be extremely low-scoring.

Kenny George doesnt have that condition Sun Ming Ming has he just happens to be a very big black dude.

If the NBA doesnt work out,theres always the circus.

The Answer
03-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Kenny George an Sun Ming Ming seem to be equal in terms of their size and athleticisim (or lack thereof). The advantage, however, goes to George for one simple fact... his length. George's wingspan is 8'5," whereas Ming Ming's appears to be less than his height (something that's very unusual). That alone will give George a tremendous advantage when it comes to blocking/altering shots, grabbing rebounds (neither possesses the quickness to grab any outside the reach of their massive wingspans), and getting his shot off.

supersmashbros
11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Kenny George an Sun Ming Ming seem to be equal in terms of their size and athleticisim (or lack thereof). The advantage, however, goes to George for one simple fact... his length. George's wingspan is 8'5," whereas Ming Ming's appears to be less than his height (something that's very unusual). That alone will give George a tremendous advantage when it comes to blocking/altering shots, grabbing rebounds (neither possesses the quickness to grab any outside the reach of their massive wingspans), and getting his shot off.
Yeah it seems like Sun Ming has a relatively short wingspan but I think he could still dunk without jumping. As for Kenny, I don't think he will be playing professional basketball anymore since part of his right foot had to be amputated:(

danumber88
11-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah it seems like Sun Ming has a relatively short wingspan but I think he could still dunk without jumping. As for Kenny, I don't think he will be playing professional basketball anymore since part of his right foot had to be amputated:(

This was like my first thread when I joined.. lol you bumped it

jrcp3
11-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Kenny is injured and out for the WHOLE season this year 2008/2009

JJ81
11-09-2008, 12:43 PM
George > Mingming but neither would be good NBA players.

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-09-2008, 12:48 PM
George had part of his foot removed earlier this basketball season. Hiscareer is probably over before it really ever got started.

Mhuresan was luck to get a couple of good years in before it crippled him. But others are not that lucky.

Manute for Ever!
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Kenny is injured and out for the WHOLE season this year 2008/2009

Add the fact that he doesn't want to even play....

dwight20-20
11-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Add the fact that he doesn't want to even play....

where did you hear that? i thought he was gonna try to come back after this season.

supersmashbros
11-18-2008, 05:38 PM
where did you hear that? i thought he was gonna try to come back after this season.
Sun Ming Ming is at least playing professional ball although I am not sure if the level of competition is that of Division 2 College Basketball. He plays D II not DI right?

gotbacon23
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
are there really TWO threads on the 1st page of the forum on kenny friggin george??

danumber88
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
are there really TWO threads on the 1st page of the forum on kenny friggin george??

This was my first thread made in Febuary. Dunno who bumped it :confusedshrug:

Take in the 14,000+ views :oldlol: