PDA

View Full Version : Trajan Langdon

Interminator
03-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Anthony Parker accomplished many things in the Euroleague after a small stint in the NBA about 8 years ago but then returned last season to play in the NBA.

Hes worked out very well in the NBA as a role player.

Trajan Langdon is a year younger than Parker,and has experienced good success in Europe but hes never openly considered returning to the NBA.

He wasnt a horrible player in the NBA,he just played for horrible teams in Cleveland.

I think he could find a team as a spot up shooter maybe Dallas:confusedshrug:

Hes ****ing shooting 52% from 3 this year:applause:

Mateo
03-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I think you're undervaluing Parker's euroleague career. He was an absolute stud, leader of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Langdon is a good player, but he's not near what Parker was.

Interminator
03-15-2008, 10:34 AM
I think you're undervaluing Parker's euroleague career. He was an absolute stud, leader of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Langdon is a good player, but he's not near what Parker was.
True.

But Langdon has been a leader of CSKA Moscow:confusedshrug:

chrono84
03-15-2008, 10:37 AM
they make more money in Europe as star players rather than role players in the NBA

Sharas
03-15-2008, 10:40 AM
^^exactly.

thing is, for the most of his time in maccabi tel aviv, parker looked like euro bryant or lebron. he was the clear cut best swingman in the europe. you can't say that for langdon.

and i also think many teams could use langdon as spot up shooter, as he is one of better guys in the world at catch and shoot...but unlike parker, his usefulness doesn't go far beyond that, and he would have a very hard time commanding bigger paycheck in the nba than he does now in europe.

Mateo
03-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Is Langdon really a star for Moscow? I thought he was just their wing scoring threat. Looking at his stats - even knowing that European ballers have lower averages - of just 12/3/1, I'm not sure that translates into NBA roleplayer.

Sharas
03-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Is Langdon really a star for Moscow? I thought he was just their wing scoring threat. Looking at his stats - even knowing that European ballers have lower averages - of just 12/3/1, I'm not sure that translates into NBA roleplayer.

not really, but they among the most stacked teams in europe on paper, plus they play together for quite a time and share the ball well so big individual scoring outbursts are rare for them - and most of them came from ramunas siskauskas this year.
mental leader is definitely theo papaloukas, but langdon, JR holden and siskauskas take their share of clutch shots as well. and along the with center david andersen, they have five guys that could be stars on any euro team, so the individual suffer.

Interminator
03-15-2008, 10:50 AM
So 20/6/6 in Europe translates into NBA roleplayer?

Well in Europe their star players dont dominate the game like in America,they play team basketball which we havent seen a pure example of in the NBA for decades.

Langdon however is the guy who will most likely get the ball in the final 2 minutes if they're down by 3-6.

52% from 3:bowdown:

Interminator
03-15-2008, 10:54 AM
^^exactly.

thing is, for the most of his time in maccabi tel aviv, parker looked like euro bryant or lebron. he was the clear cut best swingman in the europe. you can't say that for langdon.

and i also think many teams could use langdon as spot up shooter, as he is one of better guys in the world at catch and shoot...but unlike parker, his usefulness doesn't go far beyond that, and he would have a very hard time commanding bigger paycheck in the nba than he does now in europe.
Yeah but I think it would be worth it in his eyes,maybe.

Another shot in the NBA and a chance to win a NBA Title sounds appealing to some guys who didnt quite make it in the NBA the first time around.

Langdon isnt a defensive liability,he just doesnt match up well with stronger guards at SG,very similar to the problems faced by Ben Gordon on defense.

Mateo
03-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Langdon isn't average 20/6/6. He's averaging 12/3/1. I already said that players don't have the large averages in europe, when you conveniently ignored. However, Parker did have those large averages, if I can recall (can't find a site that has his old stats, unfortunately).

GOBB
03-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I swear some people are so clueless

2LeTTeRS KD
03-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm sure the man has pride too. Would you really turn away the chance to be a star, to ride a bench. For every Anthony Paker, theres a Saras Jasikevicius or Lynn Greer or Marciavydas. I think those vets seeing their stars come over and sit on the bench is making more and more vets apprehensive.

Valliant13
03-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Parker was Euroleague MVP...and he still only made four million and change to come over and play. When you factor is the buyout money that it takes to get some of these guys...of which the NBA team can only pay 500 000$, it's just not financially viable to leave.

worldbefree
03-15-2008, 11:55 AM
He's waiting for Bush to leave office THEN he's coming back to the U.S..

steve
03-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Or it could be that he's 6'2" with little point guard skills and has always had trouble getting his shot off against bigger players. But yeah, it's the money.

BankShot
03-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Or it could be that he's 6'2" with little point guard skills and has always had trouble getting his shot off against bigger players. But yeah, it's the money.

Finally a legitimate response to the question. He hasn't returned because he doesn't have the package of size and skills the NBA requires.

ForceOfNature
03-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Trajan Langdon was one of my favorite players when he was in the league. I think the reason he won't go back to the NBA is because he probably would have a tough time finding a spot on a team. He tried in the 2004-05 season with the LA Clippers, but didn't make it past November with their team. In Europe, he has a secure spot with a lot of money. He probably won't go back to the NBA ever (or maybe when he's really old, in which case he probably won't make a spot on a team anyway).

kidachi
03-15-2008, 04:56 PM
they make more money in Europe as star players rather than role players in the NBA

true.

but it's funny that players like Jerome James and Jason Collins are in the NBA and a player like Langdon isn't..

BankShot
03-15-2008, 04:57 PM
true.

but it's funny that players like Jerome James and Jason Collins are in the NBA and a player like Langdon isn't..

One word: size

kidachi
03-15-2008, 04:58 PM
size

with no talent

BankShot
03-15-2008, 05:00 PM
with no talent

thats true indeed, but there are far more players with talent but without size, than there are with size without talent

Shepseskaf
03-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Trajan Langdon is a year younger than Parker,and has experienced good success in Europe but hes never openly considered returning to the NBA.
Why should he? American women are the worst in the world.

Interminator
03-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Why should he? American women are the worst in the world.
Russian women are better?
:oldlol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-16-2008, 12:37 AM
he sucked.

JtotheIzzo
03-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Anthony Parker accomplished many things in the Euroleague after a small stint in the NBA about 8 years ago but then returned last season to play in the NBA.

He wasnt a horrible player in the NBA,he just played for horrible teams in Cleveland.

The NBA only allows one Alaskan at any given time.

Shepseskaf
03-16-2008, 01:19 AM
They're easier, according to what I've heard....

hawkfan
03-16-2008, 05:53 AM
^^exactly.

Well said.

Maybe at the end of his career, he may want to consider returning to the NBA then, to try to join a winning team and have a few NBA seasons (at least he would get the pension), as well as the personal accomplishment of playing in the NBA.

Interminator
03-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Well said.

Maybe at the end of his career, he may want to consider returning to the NBA then, to try to join a winning team and have a few NBA seasons (at least he would get the pension), as well as the personal accomplishment of playing in the NBA.
Hes 31,if that time would come it should be now.

Also apparently according to his career stats hes improved his defense tremendously,hes averaging 2.4 SPG so far this season in Euroleague competition.

It doesnt translate perfectly into the NBA,but he definetly could get a solid role for a team like Dallas as a spot-up shooter and play only about 22 MPG.

RoseCity07
03-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Numbers just don't say much about European players. Look at Darko and Bargnani...SMH.

LJJ
03-16-2008, 12:34 PM

Oh yes. I'm not kidding. Oh yes.

Interminator
03-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Numbers just don't say much about European players. Look at Darko and Bargnani...SMH.
Hes not a European player?

A.M.G.
04-09-2010, 05:03 PM

Anthony Parker returned to the NBA in 2006, not last season. He was on the Raptors for 3 years before going to the Cavs as a FA in the 09 offseason.

And Interminator, remember our "Lance and/or Renardo going lottery in 2010 NBA Draft" avy bet? Your position looks tenuous.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
He's ranked here as the 10th best summer 2010 Euroleague free agent:

http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/top-10-euroleague-free-agent-nba-prospects-2954.html

Trajan Langdon

Vitals: 6-4 210
Position: SG
NBA Comparison: much improved version of himself - think of a more experienced JJ Redick
Status: unrestricted free agent - he has a player option on his contract

My Assessment: Langdon is a very experienced player and he is a consummate professional. He is smart and is just a true winner. He plays good team defense and he is clutch. He does the little things to help a team win games.

He can spread the floor and he is a far better player now than he was back in the day when he played in the NBA. He has developed into a very solid defender and he knows pressure basketball at the highest level in Europe. He could definitely help a lot of NBA teams. Potential NBA 6th man.

NBA Scout Assessment: An NBA scout said this of Langdon, "There are a lot of NBA teams that could use a guy like him".

chocolatethunder
04-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I swear some people are so clueless

A voice of reason on ISH. A rarity these days.

momo
04-09-2010, 07:15 PM
I read a piece about him that suggested he was enjoying him self very much and was happy where he is.... no I don't have a link. Don't remember where I read it.