PDA

View Full Version : Cavs OT lounge

mlh1981
04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Use this space to post random thought that have nothing to do with basketball............

Talk about other sports, girls, life, etc..........

My Cincy Bengals cut Chris Henry. What a complete tool! Stay the hell out of trouble! That guy is pissing away his career by being a complete knuckehead! He's soooo talented, and that's the shame. Just can't get it together. I applaud the organization for their swift justice, and probably would've been upset if they kept him around.

Mathius
04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Sometimes I REALLY want to vent about how $hitty my job has been lately, but the retards in the OT lounge wouldn't be sympathetic, they'd just start ripping on me for it.

I can't wait until I get through the union training, and then I can go work for someone else instead of my shi+ head boss if I want, and I will be making good money doing it.

Mathius

mlh1981
04-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Sometimes I REALLY want to vent about how $hitty my job has been lately, but the retards in the OT lounge wouldn't be sympathetic, they'd just start ripping on me for it.

I can't wait until I get through the union training, and then I can go work for someone else instead of my shi+ head boss if I want, and I will be making good money doing it.

Mathius

What do you do for a living?

Mathius
04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
What do you do for a living?

I don't usually like to give out any personal information over the internet, especially in a place this juvenile, but I have a background as a welder, and recently joined the sheetmetal workers union, where I have to start out as an apprentice. I currently work in a specialty shop. We do everything from heavy i-beams to thin wall air conditioning duct. I work in the field, and in the shop, although I like the field better. Took two trips to Mich. already this year to do work up there. Last trip I stopped by the Palace in Detroit and we saw CCR in concert for $15.

Mathius

mlh1981
04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't usually like to give out any personal information over the internet, especially in a place this juvenile, but I have a background as a welder, and recently joined the sheetmetal workers union, where I have to start out as an apprentice. I currently work in a specialty shop. We do everything from heavy i-beams to thin wall air conditioning duct. I work in the field, and in the shop, although I like the field better. Took two trips to Mich. already this year to do work up there. Last trip I stopped by the Palace in Detroit and we saw CCR in concert for $15.

Mathius

I don't blame you for not giving out that info.

I have made a few OTC topics that I regret over the past few years, and it's better to be safe than sorry. With my personal websites that I have online (myspace/facebook), I have always made them wayy too accessible, but I have come to learn that some people have too much time on their hands and it's wrecking my life a little bit.

InLebronWeTrust
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I've come to hate Carlos Mencia with a flaming passion.

Also.. I like the smell of pina coladas, and I fear midgets with all that I am.

RedBlackAttack
04-24-2008, 02:50 AM
I've been 'promoted' to Cavalier forum mod along with mlh. I hope to see insightful, thought-provoking threads in this forum. I don't normally even check this forum, so I have no idea about what has been going on, but I'm anxious to get in on the conversations.

:cheers:

Mathius
04-24-2008, 05:06 PM
I've been 'promoted' to Cavalier forum mod along with mlh. I hope to see insightful, thought-provoking threads in this forum. I don't normally even check this forum, so I have no idea about what has been going on, but I'm anxious to get in on the conversations.

:cheers:

We've been talking about you behind your back. Now you've spoiled it.

Seriously though, we were wondering where the heck you've been. You disappeared right before the Finals last year, and no one has seen you around here lately with the start of the playoffs.

Mathius

RedBlackAttack
04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
We've been talking about you behind your back. Now you've spoiled it.

Seriously though, we were wondering where the heck you've been. You disappeared right before the Finals last year, and no one has seen you around here lately with the start of the playoffs.

Mathius
:confusedshrug:

I've been posting on the site consistently throughout the season. I just haven't been involved in the Cavs forum. Frankly, I've been wondering where you have been in the main forum. I haven't seen much of you in there.

I did disappear in mid-Finals last year, though. You are right about that. I went to Bonnaroo, which was June 14-20. I missed the last two games of the series (not a bad thing, in retrospect).

By the time I got back, the season was over and there wasn't a whole lot to say.

Mathius
04-26-2008, 05:47 PM

I've been posting on the site consistently throughout the season. I just haven't been involved in the Cavs forum. Frankly, I've been wondering where you have been in the main forum. I haven't seen much of you in there.

I did disappear in mid-Finals last year, though. You are right about that. I went to Bonnaroo, which was June 14-20. I missed the last two games of the series (not a bad thing, in retrospect).

By the time I got back, the season was over and there wasn't a whole lot to say.

I been around. I haven't taken part in any game threads this year, and you know how lame a lot of the topics have been this year. It's hit or miss most days.

Christ, I think I put up 2000 posts during the playoffs alone last year, and I'd be surprised if I've put up 1000 since January this year.

And don't even get me started about the Off Topic board. If you don't act like a retard, you just can't fit in. If you post anything serious, you're lucky if you don't get blasted for it. Bunch of damn kids.

Mathius

mlh1981
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I been around. I haven't taken part in any game threads this year, and you know how lame a lot of the topics have been this year. It's hit or miss most days.

Christ, I think I put up 2000 posts during the playoffs alone last year, and I'd be surprised if I've put up 1000 since January this year.

And don't even get me started about the Off Topic board. If you don't act like a retard, you just can't fit in. If you post anything serious, you're lucky if you don't get blasted for it. Bunch of damn kids.

Mathius

I think the NBA forum is worse than the OTC. The same retarded stuff gets discussed over and over again, and people just can't seem to accept that they might know know something about a particular issue, and noone can ever admit when they are wrong.

Too many knee jerk reactions. People don't seem to realize that it's a long season.

Mathius
04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
I think the NBA forum is worse than the OTC. The same retarded stuff gets discussed over and over again, and people just can't seem to accept that they might know know something about a particular issue, and noone can ever admit when they are wrong.

Too many knee jerk reactions. People don't seem to realize that it's a long season.

<shrug> On average the topics are worse in the NBA forum. There's nothing interesting going on most of the time.

But at least you can post in the NBA forum without too much harassment. Usually the arguments are at least thought out, even if they don't make sense.

Posting in the OT forum is an effort in futility. You just get trashed and insulted every other post.

Mathius

RedBlackAttack
04-27-2008, 12:45 AM
<shrug> On average the topics are worse in the NBA forum. There's nothing interesting going on most of the time.

But at least you can post in the NBA forum without too much harassment. Usually the arguments are at least thought out, even if they don't make sense.

Posting in the OT forum is an effort in futility. You just get trashed and insulted every other post.

Mathius
I see your point.

The main forum does seem to have an infusion of younger, dumber posters. That said, you can still have intelligent conversations on there.

I like the OTC, but the posters on there, for the most part, are very abrasive and they will lash out on you with no just cause. I enjoy the conversations about music and movies, but that is usually as far as I go on the OTC.

If you get into a conversation about relationships, your job.... You know... Really important things...

The threads just end up getting spammed with slanderous sh!t.

Maybe this Cavs forum is the way to go. Personally, although we have our share of bone heads, I think the core Cavalier fans (you know who you are) are some of the most intelligent on this forum.

We take a lot of heat for our lowest common denominators, though.

InLebronWeTrust
04-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Roger Clemens. Does anyone give two sh its about him. I sure as hellll don't, and yet he still gets like a 30 minute segment on ESPN every week. No one cares.

Mathius
05-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Roger Clemens. Does anyone give two sh its about him. I sure as hellll don't, and yet he still gets like a 30 minute segment on ESPN every week. No one cares.

I just want him to get busted so he gets what he deserves. I'm so tired of people glossing over the steroid issue like it isn't a big deal.

And no, I'm not a baseball fan.

You know, I know the economy is real bad right now. There's a lot of people out of work in my area. I should be grateful that I have a job, and I'm able to get my full hours. But we've been working OT almost every weekend since the new year hit. I have had 5 weekends off since January. At first it was cool, because I was making extra money, but it got old after the first month and a half.

My friend's don't even bother to include me in plans anymore, because they just figure I'll be working. I can hardly get anything done. My truck has needed fixed for a few weeks now and I just can't make time. It really really bites.

Mathius

mlh1981
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Haven't touched a computer in 4 days. Went back home to visit my family. It was very nice to take a break from ISH/other computer related things. I don't spend TOO much time on here, but it distracts me from other things I ought to be doing sometimes. Sometimes, it's nice to get away from technology.

Mathius
07-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Haven't popped in here in a while, what's everyone doing for the 4th? I got roped into watching my mom's house while she's on vacation, so I'm stuck watching the dogs.

I voulunteered to watch her house while she was on vacation before I knew she was planning on leaving 4th of July weekend.

She acted like she was doing me a favor, "Oh, well I figured you wouldn't have to work over the holiday so you would be free!" :rolleyes:

Mathius

mlh1981
07-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Hung out down by the north shore here in Pittsburgh with my g/f. They had all sorts of festivies, boat races, games, etc. Watched the fireworks at 9:30. They were nice, but not nearly as good as the Red/White/Boom in Columbus (ever been to that Mathius--or anyone else?).

My family is down at the beach in Hilton Head. Would've gone, but I started a new job and can't take the time off.

LBJ 4 MVP
07-12-2008, 04:21 PM
This place is dead. There's like 4 people that post in here consistently. I'm gonna try to post here more, but this place is a damn near ghost town.

Mathius
07-22-2008, 06:21 PM
This place is dead. There's like 4 people that post in here consistently. I'm gonna try to post here more, but this place is a damn near ghost town.

Maybe because like 3/5's of the Cavs fans these days are retarded morons?

Seriously.

Do any of you guys ever type out an entire post and then just hit cancel, or the back button or something because it just isn't worth dealing with the crap by posting it?

I do it all the time.

I'll post something because I have a view on something, or the people in the thread have something completely wrong, but then I won't click Submit, because I simply just don't care enough.

Mathius

mlh1981
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Any baseball fans here?

Mathius
07-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Any baseball fans here?

You're leaving yourself open ;)

I don't mind the board being dead if it means people aren't going to post something just for the sake of posting something. Some really stupid topics around here lately.

Mathius

mlh1981
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Does anyone remember the stink that Lamond Murray caused when he was pissed that they didn't sell his jersey in the team store? :lol

Meticode
08-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Any baseball fans here?

Reds fan for a little while now.

Meticode
08-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Does anyone remember the stink that Lamond Murray caused when he was pissed that they didn't sell his jersey in the team store? :lol

Yes. :oldlol:

Mathius
08-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Just watching "Jumper" again. Neat movie. Poor plot, good effects, good story premise, just a very poorly done plot.

But the whole thing with the secret society hunting them? Where do these "secret societies" in movies get their funding for all this espionage, and hi-tech gadget sh*t?

Mathius

mlh1981
08-20-2008, 07:26 PM
The main forum needs some new moderators. It's getting crazy in there. I find myself logging onto ish just to read the Cavs forum and the OTC. I am sick and tired of the trolls, and specifically, the threads about Kobe Bryant. Both his fans AND his haters are just completely insane. No wonder alot of the great posters don't come around as much, or in some cases, never.

The only moderator who should keep his "job" is hotsizzle. The rest are either unimpressive, or simply are never around to do the job.

Jeff just tells us to put the trolls/bad posters on ignore (which doesn't work, b/c they get quoted all the time). He also suggests to report them. Still doesn't work, because the bans are short lived.

Just had to rant. I enjoy ish and most of the posters, but the quality has gone down.

Undisputed
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
The main forum needs some new moderators. It's getting crazy in there. I find myself logging onto ish just to read the Cavs forum and the OTC. I am sick and tired of the trolls, and specifically, the threads about Kobe Bryant. Both his fans AND his haters are just completely insane. No wonder alot of the great posters don't come around as much, or in some cases, never.

The only moderator who should keep his "job" is hotsizzle. The rest are either unimpressive, or simply are never around to do the job.

Jeff just tells us to put the trolls/bad posters on ignore (which doesn't work, b/c they get quoted all the time). He also suggests to report them. Still doesn't work, because the bans are short lived.

Just had to rant. I enjoy ish and most of the posters, but the quality has gone down.

Man, I agree. I haven't been here long, but the NBA Forum is annoying. It seems as if there are no mods. People constantly make off subject threads and make ridiculous threads with no substance what so ever....and what happends? Nothing...somethings needs to change with that board.

Undisputed
08-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Just watching "Jumper" again. Neat movie. Poor plot, good effects, good story premise, just a very poorly done plot.

But the whole thing with the secret society hunting them? Where do these "secret societies" in movies get their funding for all this espionage, and hi-tech gadget sh*t?

Mathius

I wondered that also when watching the movie. Since it wasn't said, I just figured that it was funded by a government that knew of the Jumper's existence. They seemed to have endless resources.

I don't know. I wish they filled in the blanks.

Mathius
08-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I wondered that also when watching the movie. Since it wasn't said, I just figured that it was funded by a government that knew of the Jumper's existence. They seemed to have endless resources.

I don't know. I wish they filled in the blanks.

I read the wikipedia page on it (forget what I was looking for), and they said that there was a novel written as a sequel to it, and that they planned on making 3 movies. There could be sequels, and hopefully they'll go into detail on that.

I would love to see some of those effects in a fantasy type movie. Cool stuff. Ever since LoTR and Eragon hit the theatre I've been dying to see some of my favorite authors hit the big screen with some legitimate backing.

Unfortunately I don't believe Eragon did all that well in the box office (don't know for sure but it didn't seem like it from what I remember). I KNOW Beowulf didn't do well, and Pathfinder was just horrible.

Hurts the genre.

Mathius

Mathius
08-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Has anyone used the e-book borrowing program from the Cleveland Public Library? I wasn't even aware they had one until tonight. I was looking to see who had holdings for "Rise of a Merchant Prince" and came across this:

http://dlc.clevnet.org/3E0CD64C-4D36-4977-9BD9-6A1503FE6DEF/10/222/en/contentdetails.htm?ID={05B57607-EF20-49F3-8F14-86FE13356860}

I don't understand the whole 21 days thing and I'm not 100% sure what process you go through to download the book. I think you add it to a "select list" sortof like a shopping cart, and then checkout?

But how does a PDF stop working after 21 days, unless you have to log into the CPL web site every time you want to read it?

I have some books on my HD like LoTR and Wheel of Time. They're awesome when you want to reference something, you can just use the text search. But I've never been a fan of reading a book from a computer chair. I like laying on my bed and reading, or I'll read while I'm in my car waiting to go into work (if I'm early) or something, or on my lunch.

Mathius

Meticode
08-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Maybe it's something similiar to this: http://www.farmlib.org/odebfaq.pdf

But it seems wierd to return an eBook you've downloaded on your computer. *looks confused*

Mathius
08-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Maybe it's something similiar to this: http://www.farmlib.org/odebfaq.pdf

That link says you have to return the books, but it also says the .pdf file stays on your computer unless you delete it. What's that point in returning it?

If you can d/l the pdf to your computer, I'll gladly start "renting" them. Would be nice to have some programming books I could reference, or auto body, etc. Books that you can't really do anything with unless you have them sitting in front of you while you're doing it.

But it seems wierd to return an eBook you've downloaded on your computer. *looks confused*

That's what I was getting at. I don't understand how a PDF can "expire" unless you have to log into the library web page to read it.

Also, the page said something about.. let me look...

"Adobe PDF eBook
Copy: allowed, but limited to 44 times every 7 days
Print: allowed, but limited to 44 times every 7 days"

How can they keep track of your copying? Unless that's 44 downloads per 7 days?

I kind've want that book and I don't want to wait until next weekend to drive out to Lorain County to get it.

I might just go buy the damn thing in paperbook for $6 or whatever, or maybe go to half price books. I have all the other books in the series.

I'd still like to know how the system works though.

Mathius

Meticode
08-24-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm curious just to call my library to find out what the deal is on that because it makes no sense to me either that you'd have to "return" a .pdf file from your computer.

mlh1981
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Cavs are here in Pittsburgh. Was gonna go to see them, but $30 for tickets, plus parking, gas used, food etc seems a bit steep for a meaningless preseason game.

kineticac
12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
kind of off topic, but just found a LeBron James facebook app. It allows you to become a fan of him, put a box on your profile page showing your ranking and stuff. I hear rumors that there will be big prizes at the end of the season for the highest ranked users. Check it out if you have facebook.

http://apps.facebook.com/lebron_james/

Any other LeBron type things out there in the internet?

mlh1981
12-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Professional football in the state of Ohio is just absolutely brutal. I'm not a Browns fan, but I feel sorry for those loyal fans who have to put up with year after year of failed opportunities and disappointment. There are extremely few pieces there to really build with, and lots of guys need a return to health next year.

And then there is the Bengals. Bad ownership, no GM, skeleton crew for a front office, they employ thugs, and only care about making money.

Mathius
12-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Professional football in the state of Ohio is just absolutely brutal. I'm not a Browns fan, but I feel sorry for those loyal fans who have to put up with year after year of failed opportunities and disappointment. There are extremely few pieces there to really build with, and lots of guys need a return to health next year.

And then there is the Bengals. Bad ownership, no GM, skeleton crew for a front office, they employ thugs, and only care about making money.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Romeo AND Savage go. At least the Bengals can claim injury. I guess I could make a case for the Browns offensive linemen being hurt, but nobody would believe me, even if it does have some legitimate truth to it. The Browns poor play started long before Quinn, Anderson, Heiden, and Winslow got hurt

The only good thing is I guess we'll have some decent draft picks, if we can manage to pick someone with talent. The defense actually wasn't that bad this year. We could use some depth in the secondary, and we could still use some better defensive lineman, but Rodgers was an awesome pickup.

In the perfect world, I'd like to see us fire Romeo, and Savage, bring in Cowher, get rid of Winslow, Quinn, and Edwards, and pickup some offensive lineman, and a receiver or two, and then either draft an offensive lineman, and a receiver, and use our later picks on the secondary and defensive line. An extra linebacker or two wouldn't hurt either. McGinest is just about ready for retirement and we could use some depth and a pass rusher if we insist on staying with the 3-4.

Mathius

mlh1981
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Mathius, being that you live in the center of it all, would you say that Cleveland is still a "Browns town?" Has the recent success of the Cavaliers made a dent into that at all. I mean, the whole concept of Cleveland being any sort of "town" is somewhat superflous and hard to measure, but do the Browns still get the majority of the buzz/pub there?

Mathius
12-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Mathius, being that you live in the center of it all, would you say that Cleveland is still a "Browns town?" Has the recent success of the Cavaliers made a dent into that at all. I mean, the whole concept of Cleveland being any sort of "town" is somewhat superflous and hard to measure, but do the Browns still get the majority of the buzz/pub there?

Definitely. That hasn't really changed. Even the year the Cavs made the Finals, there wasn't as big a todo as there should have been.

If I needed anymore proof, my Xmas shopping this year proved it. I was trying to find my dad a nice Cavs shirt he could wear to games. He's never been a big sports fan, but the last 2-3 years he's been getting tickets from work and we've been going together to a few games a year. He's still doesn't "follow" the Cavs, but his basketball knowledge in general has gotten a lot better to where he really picks up on things when we're watching the game together.

Anyways... I wanted to get him a Cavs shirt, so he could wear it when we go to the games together, something real nice. But even in the "sports" stores, the selection is pitiful. I went to 5 different malls in the Cleveland area and really couldn't find much beyond the crappy screen printed stuff. I ended up settling for one of those and got him a nicer long sleeve shirt to go with it.

Just finding Cavs merchandise is hard and you pretty much have to go to the Q to get any kind of selection.

Even as football goes, you can find plenty of Browns merchandise almost anywhere, but it's easier to find Pittsburgh stuff than it is Cincinnati gear.

Mathius

Mathius
01-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I gotta tell ya, MLH, I read someone saying that the Bengals are gonna try and trade Carson Palmer? Maybe in the Palmer elite QB thread in OTC?

The two times I saw Ryan Fitzpatrick play this year, he was awful. Even his highlights weren't special.

Mathius

-King-
06-21-2009, 12:28 PM
What's up guys?

1~Gibson~1
06-21-2009, 12:38 PM
What up.

But just so you know, people rarely comes into here. We're usually in the NBA Forum, or the OTC Forum.

-King-
06-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah I looked at some of the latest posts dates and noticed it wasn't very active. That's a shame because I love the idea of individual team forums. I'm not sure how much I'll use the site anyway though.

ZeN
09-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Waait...Mathius is not banned??

Mikaiel
09-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Waait...Mathius is not banned??

He was probably just banned for a month or something like that but he never came back.

qrich
09-21-2009, 03:09 AM
He was probably just banned for a month or something like that but he never came back.

Someone get him to come back. His posts were gold