PDA

View Full Version : I figured out why people dont like Tim Duncan...

Dizzle-2k7
04-09-2008, 08:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/freekdude/celebration16.jpg

SayTownRy
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
yeah i'll get in on this thread. :cheers:

chains5000
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
:sleeping

Kebab Stall
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
You only just figured that out? Damn, you're slow.

duncan on U
04-09-2008, 09:18 AM
:rockon:

Lebron23
04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
:sleeping

:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping, and still counting.

tophy7
04-09-2008, 09:24 AM
:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping, and still counting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/Broom_icon.svg/400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

Lebron23
04-09-2008, 09:27 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/Broom_icon.svg/400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

http://www.african-safari-pictures.com/image-files/zebra-picture.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1396/548102048_6f935aa560_o.jpg

Dizzle-2k7
04-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Lebron23, what the heck are you doing?:violin:

chuckyboy34
04-11-2008, 08:19 AM
TD is solid, the rest of the spurs wouldnt know class if they married her(eva?)

Da KO King
04-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Champions; that's why people don't like him? I always thought is was d-bag Spurs fans and the media's over-rating of everything Duncan does.

Carbine
04-11-2008, 08:55 AM
For the so called "x's and o's" poster of ISH, you sure seem adamant about Duncan being generally overrated. I bring up your title because it would lead me to believe you would appreciate Tim' game and what he brings to the table and how much he impacts moreso than the average fan who only sees the stat sheets or highlights.

Duncan is only overrated when people say he's above Hakeem, Shaq and the other guys. Yes, a few posters claim this, but what do they matter? They only prove to the rest of us that their ignorant and shouldn't be taken seriously.

ALBballer
04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
It's because he's black........

Da KO King
04-11-2008, 09:23 AM
For the so called "x's and o's" poster of ISH, you sure seem adamant about Duncan being generally overrated. I bring up your title because it would lead me to believe you would appreciate Tim' game and what he brings to the table and how much he impacts moreso than the average fan who only sees the stat sheets or highlights.

Duncan is only overrated when people say he's above Hakeem, Shaq and the other guys. Yes, a few posters claim this, but what do they matter? They only prove to the rest of us that their ignorant and shouldn't be taken seriously.
You're right but over ten years of hearing "fans" and media members blow up everything Duncan does it becomes ridiculous.

Last year there was a post here that actually implied that Tim Duncan was the perfect basketball player and had literally nothing to improve on during the summer. Things like that are insane and make it clear that this guy has become over-rated.

Now do recognize that being over-rated and not being a good player are NOT the same thing. Tim is a great player but he's also become over-rated.

RoseCity07
04-11-2008, 09:28 AM
TIm Duncan complains a lot and acts like a baby, but he doesn't ever talk trash. He just goes out there and gets the job done. I think he looks like a farm boy but he is a great basketball player.

mlh1981
04-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Sports fans usually root for the underdog and never, EVER have the Spurs been underdogs. Duncan has most always gotten his way out on the court, and I don't think people can relate all that well to that. He beats their rivals on a consistent basis, so that builds up a lot of resentment, too.

MELO_MAN
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Duncan is a legend for the Spurs no matter what anyone says!!

boozehound
04-11-2008, 09:44 AM
TIm Duncan complains a lot and acts like a baby, but he doesn't ever talk trash. He just goes out there and gets the job done. I think he looks like a farm boy but he is a great basketball player.
yep, thats one of the reasons people dont like him. he acts like a petulant child on the court after almost every call (way worse than anyone else). I remember a game the year they changed the T thing, where duncan was leaning on the ref, in his ear for like 25 seconds with nothing. the night (or so) before, sheed looked at a ref with wide eyes after a call and got Td up right away.

also, everyone hates bowen and there is enough of that to spread around for the whole team

also, its fun to hate a dominant team/champion. similar to how the pistons get lots of hate in the East. too good for their own britches.

there are a myriad of other reasons, but ill let it go at that.

I actually like timmy d outside of the on court shennanagins after every call.

Magic_Johnson
04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
he's a winner, that's why

kwajo
04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I love Duncan, and I don't understand how other people can't be head-over-heels for the guy.

Ah well, no one's perfect.

2LeTTeRS KD
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Kwajo you have the best avatar ever. That is all I have to contribute to this thread.

ihatetimthomas
04-11-2008, 11:41 AM
He is not liked by the casual fan bc he is not flashy and has a pretty boriing personality but if you are a true fan of basketball, then there is no way you are not a fan of Duncan. Duncan is possibly the most steady player of this generation and has always brung it in theplayoffs. Fundamentally sound, class act, champion. I enjoy watching him pick apart every other big in the league. And he is great at the lost art the of bank shot.

20 Dimes A Game
04-11-2008, 11:47 AM
You only just figured that out? Damn, you're slow.

:roll:

Cannonball
04-11-2008, 11:52 AM
whats better than looking at a box score and seeing a spurs loss.? It's so satisfying.

omarnyc
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
he aint the only nba player with rings, fans loved players like shaq and jordan and they have just as many or more rings then duncan....most people i know hate the spurs period. they are boring, they are crybabies, and they will resort to playing dirty cuz they sore losers.

Kebab Stall
04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
he aint the only nba player with rings, fans loved players like shaq and jordan and they have just as many or more rings then duncan....most people i know hate the spurs period. they are boring, they are crybabies, and they will resort to playing dirty cuz they sore losers.
Every player that ever dominated will have haters. You say fans loved Jordan and Shaq, whilst Duncan has a lot of fans right now along with many haters. But so did Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, et cetera, et cetera. They all had fans who loved them and fans who hated them, simply because they were or weren't on the team they (the fans) supported or because they won.

I, for one, enjoy watching Tim Duncan, I think he his great. I love watching the Spurs because they play organised and well planned basketball. I don't care if they play dirty sometimes, I think it makes basketball more fun to watch. If you don't like it then f*ck off.

ForceOfNature
04-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Duncan seems like a cool, laid-back dude. The problem is he keeps winning championships, and everyone who is not a Spurs fan will dislike him (or the Spurs) for that reason. I personally have no problem with Duncan. It's the Spurs team which I don't like because a) of Bowen and Horry and b) they keep winning chips.

Chalkmaze
04-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Tim's a great player, a very smart player, very gifted.

I think Kevin Garnett gets a bit over-rated at times, don't get me wrong I think he's maybe the greatest player ever at his height and weight, but he doesn't have the same impact as Duncan, and I think that is due to the fact that he's more light boned, has less bulk, and doesn't have the basketball smarts of Tim. Duncan is a moose that still moves and gets around like a smaller player, and it really helps him be able to get in whatever position he wants, both offensively and defensively. I think Duncan probably understands the game better than any 7 footer in history, his spacing, timing, and understanding of what the odds are out on the court, and ability to execute in crucial situations really puts him above and beyond so many other great players.

John Starks
04-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Fan like it when their sports-heroes overcome odds and win the big game. I never liked Sampras until his historic US Open match ,where he was visibly ill, vomitted on the court and pulled out the win. After that I was a huge fan.

For Duncan, the league is too damned easy. He won a title in his second year, he joined an pretty good team that became, with him, the franchise of the decade. He had a full arsenal upon joining the league and has only gotten better. He never, suddenly found out how to beat _____ (Ewing used to struggle with Parihs, then he over came Parish -- big whoop). There was never a point where he "broke through" - he was already there.

Also, his style of play. He doesn't make "tough shots" because he doesn't take tough shots. He doesn't get the ball at crunch time - because guards do all the crunch time handling (for all teams). He is always i nthe right spot, so he never looks like he's exerting himself.

He is most comparable to Kareem. Its just too damned easy for fans to love it.

...and it has 0 to do with flash. Shaq never had any flash to his game...but the fact that he lost the first finals, missed those first playoffs, swept that first time, made the subsequent finals seem greater.

2LeTTeRS KD
04-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Fan like it when their sports-heroes overcome odds and win the big game. I never liked Sampras until his historic US Open match ,where he was visibly ill, vomitted on the court and pulled out the win. After that I was a huge fan.

For Duncan, the league is too damned easy. He won a title in his second year, he joined an pretty good team that became, with him, the franchise of the decade. He had a full arsenal upon joining the league and has only gotten better. He never, suddenly found out how to beat _____ (Ewing used to struggle with Parihs, then he over came Parish -- big whoop). There was never a point where he "broke through" - he was already there.

Also, his style of play. He doesn't make "tough shots" because he doesn't take tough shots. He doesn't get the ball at crunch time - because guards do all the crunch time handling (for all teams). He is always i nthe right spot, so he never looks like he's exerting himself.

He is most comparable to Kareem. Its just too damned easy for fans to love it.

...and it has 0 to do with flash. Shaq never had any flash to his game...but the fact that he lost the first finals, missed those first playoffs, swept that first time, made the subsequent finals seem greater.

I agree with most everything you said but the Shaq has no flash in his game part. Shaq has probably dunked more than anybody else in league history and is probably the most charismatic player in the league. Watching him in his primse was a lot more exciting than watching Duncan.

crisoner
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I like Tim Duncan.

Not my favorite player to watch to say. But I respect him.
And I love the comp him and his Spurs have given the Lakers the last couple of years.

All I have to say.... It's our turn now!!! Again!!!

John Starks
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I agree with most everything you said but the Shaq has no flash in his game part. Shaq has probably dunked more than anybody else in league history and is probably the most charismatic player in the league. Watching him in his primse was a lot more exciting than watching Duncan.

Its a matter of opinion - flash is hardly objective. We can all agree that Jason Williams was flashy; we'd probably disagree as to Webber.

Shaq never broke anyone down off the dribble. He did dunk alot, but he never took off from a distance to do it. The brute force of a power dunk is not usually considered flash.

He is charismatic.

crisoner
04-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Its a matter of opinion - flash is hardly objective. We can all agree that Jason Williams was flashy; we'd probably disagree as to Webber.

Shaq never broke anyone down off the dribble. He did dunk alot, but he never took off from a distance to do it. The brute force of a power dunk is not usually considered flash.

He is charismatic.

Shaq tried to at the All Star game a couple years back!!!

StroShow4
04-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Shaq never broke anyone down off the dribble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eu2NrAqQr4

:oldlol:

Cannonball
04-11-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eu2NrAqQr4

:oldlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pqww6GBHcE

VCMVP1551
04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Shaq pulling off a very nice 360. Pretty tough for a 7'1", 315 pound man to do that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N3I4vlSYRFA

Shaq with the flashy footwork and then that massive dunk on the Admiral
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6vmwGwlq1Q

Shaq showing off his 36 inch vertical with some huge dunks
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AMX1FGwyr38
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dy-0RWbbzd8&feature=related

I always thought Shaq's footwork, speed and power was very flashy.

As far as Tim Duncan there are some things I don't like about him but I love the way he plays and he is a great teammate.

Showtime
04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Interestingly, Duncan's worst season as far as team record is 53 wins. In the lockout season, they won 74% of 50 games, which equates to a 60 win season if it were 82 games.

John Starks
04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Maybe "never" is too strong a word - but cross-overs nad 360's were not really a big part of Shaq's game.

Also two of those youtube videos were v. J.James and S.Brasdley and a third was all alone. Not sure which was the easiest of the batch.

VCMVP1551
04-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Maybe "never" is too strong a word - but cross-overs nad 360's were not really a big part of Shaq's game.

Also two of those youtube videos were v. J.James and S.Brasdley and a third was all alone. Not sure which was the easiest of the batch.

Yeah but monster dunks and flashy footwork were both regular part of Shaq's game in LA.

tsforthrees
04-11-2008, 04:06 PM
i don't like tim duncan cuz of that bs look he gets on his face every time a foul is called on him or his shot gets blocked.

personally i think tony parker is the classiest one of all of them. i don't understand how non-spurs fans can like tim duncan, considering how much of a baby he is.

tophy7
04-11-2008, 08:31 PM
i don't like tim duncan cuz of that bs look he gets on his face every time a foul is called on him or his shot gets blocked.

personally i think tony parker is the classiest one of all of them. i don't understand how non-spurs fans can like tim duncan, considering how much of a baby he is.

If you're a nuggets fan how can you point out Duncan making a face everytime he picks up a foul when you have Iverson on your team, he does the same thing.

bballog
04-11-2008, 08:44 PM
yep, thats one of the reasons people dont like him. he acts like a petulant child on the court after almost every call (way worse than anyone else). I remember a game the year they changed the T thing, where duncan was leaning on the ref, in his ear for like 25 seconds with nothing. the night (or so) before, sheed looked at a ref with wide eyes after a call and got Td up right away.

also, everyone hates bowen and there is enough of that to spread around for the whole team

also, its fun to hate a dominant team/champion. similar to how the pistons get lots of hate in the East. too good for their own britches.

there are a myriad of other reasons, but ill let it go at that.

I actually like timmy d outside of the on court shennanagins after every call.

as much as i dislike duncan i think rasheed wallace is worse or close to it in the crybaby department

Emile
04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Well, I'm a KG/Laker fan so me not liking Duncan shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
But anyway, I doubt I'd like him even if things were different. He just isn't my type I guess. I don't find him likeable.
I also think people love Duncan so they love overestimating him.
They contribute every ounce of the Spurs success to him and find things that simply aren't there to credit Duncan for. I understand the intangibles but people in general I think go way too far to credit him.
A magnificent basketball player nonetheless.

crisoner
04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Great Shaq dunk videos.

Imagine if the Suns had that Shaq right now. That would not be fair.

Jailblazers7
04-11-2008, 11:19 PM
These threads are why people hate Tim Duncan.

tsforthrees
04-11-2008, 11:30 PM
If you're a nuggets fan how can you point out Duncan making a face everytime he picks up a foul when you have Iverson on your team, he does the same thing.

because iverson actually is called for fouls, while duncan usually ends up hacking the **** out of everyone and ends up with one foul a game. that's why i can point it out.

Lebron23
04-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Spurs fans overrate him in the NBA Finals, and I do not like his on court personality. ( Boring, Redundant, just disappear in the 4th quarter)

He is the biggest whiner in the history of the NBA, and He is not better than Hakeem and Shaq during their prime.

SonOHammerwafer
04-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Me and my friends hate him because he looks like a monkey and always looks like he's about to cry and always whines to the ref. His game I admire alot, when he's not playing the Lakers I love watching him destroy the other opponents with his huge array of post moves, but me and my friends still all hate him because of his aformentioned faults.

tophy7
04-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Spurs fans overrate him in the NBA Finals, and I do not like his on court personality. ( Boring, Redundant, just disappear in the 4th quarter)

He is the biggest whiner in the history of the NBA, and He is not better than Hakeem and Shaq during their prime.

You should be less worried about Duncan and more worried about the cavs

ShowTime LA
04-11-2008, 11:56 PM
he's a winner, that's why
exactly.

Lebron23
04-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Me and my friends hate him because he looks like a monkey and always looks like he's about to cry and always whines to the ref. His game I admire alot, when he's not playing the Lakers I love watching him destroy the other opponents with his huge array of post moves, but me and my friends still all hate him because of his aformentioned faults.

You are a F*cking racists.

tophy7
04-12-2008, 12:00 AM
because iverson actually is called for fouls, while duncan usually ends up hacking the **** out of everyone and ends up with one foul a game. that's why i can point it out.

Iverson makes the same face when he is fouled or not fouled.

Lebron23
04-12-2008, 12:11 AM
You should be less worried about Duncan and more worried about the cavs

I admit that the Spurs outplayed the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, but Lebron have a much better statsline than Tim Duncan. Duncan's numbers in the NBA Finals are not that impressive, and the reason the Spurs swept the Cavaliers is because no one from the Cavs roster can stop Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili from decimating the Cavs backcourt.

Tim Duncan vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ( 2007 NBA Finals)

18.3 ppg, 11.50 rpg, 2.25 bpg, 3.8 apg, .446

Lebron James vs. San Antonio Spurs ( 2007 NBA Finals)

22.0 ppg, 8.00 rpg, 6.8 apg, 1.00 spg, .336

SonOHammerwafer
04-12-2008, 12:17 AM
You are a F*cking racists.
We're Carribean idiot. His doofy ears and stupid expression make him look like a monkey.

SonOHammerwafer
04-12-2008, 12:19 AM
I admit that the Spurs outplayed the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, but Lebron have a much better statsline than Tim Duncan. Duncan's numbers in the NBA Finals are not that impressive, and the reason the Spurs swept the Cavaliers is because no one from the Cavs roster can stop Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili from decimating the Cavs backcourt.

Tim Duncan vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ( 2007 NBA Finals)

18.3 ppg, 11.50 rpg, 2.25 bpg, 3.8 apg, .446

Lebron James vs. San Antonio Spurs ( 2007 NBA Finals)

22.0 ppg, 8.00 rpg, 6.8 apg, 1.00 spg, .336

He didn't have a better statline, read Duncan's FGP being more than 10 points higher than Lebrons. Do you know what that means? For every 100 shots that Duncan and Lebron take, Duncan will hit 10 more shots. Not to mention the fact that Duncan's defense had a much bigger impact on the game than Lebrons.

Your post fails.

Lebron23
04-12-2008, 12:27 AM
He didn't have a better statline, read Duncan's FGP being more than 10 points higher than Lebrons. Do you know what that means? For every 100 shots that Duncan and Lebron take, Duncan will hit 10 more shots. Not to mention the fact that Duncan's defense had a much bigger impact on the game than Lebrons.

Your post fails.

Lebron didn't have a Manu or a Parker in his team, and Greg Popovich totally out coached Mike Brown in the NBA Finals. His former assistant coach in the 2003 NBA Finals.

SonOHammerwafer
04-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Lebron didn't have a Manu or a Parker in his team, and Greg Popovich totally out coached Mike Brown in the NBA Finals. His former assistant coach in the 2003 NBA Finals.
That has nothing to do with Lebron shooting 33%

Carbine
04-12-2008, 09:21 AM

Not true in the least. Why do you make up things? Makes you look small.

GOAT:MANU
04-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Your post fails.

What?????????? so if the center of Warriors (has the best fg% of the league) will WIN THE SCORE TITLE if he take all the shots!!!!!!!! if u take 10 shots/game and make it 7, it's 70%, i agree with it, but it doesn't mean that u take 100 shots and that u can make 70 shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people will guard you after 15 shots.

Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>duncan!

Carbine
04-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Peirce > Manu

GOAT:MANU
04-12-2008, 09:47 AM
The f*cking FG means nothing, u can compare a guy take 20 shots/game to a guy take 10 shots a game. Duncan doesn't make 3 pts, all he did is do some easy layups when his teammates do some good passes... he disaspears in the 4th quarter, without MANU, spurs is lost in the 4th!!!!!
So i doubt that they can be a threat without MANU....

Dizzle-2k7
04-19-2008, 08:05 PM
:bowdown:

Dizzle-2k7
04-19-2008, 08:06 PM
The f*cking FG means nothing, u can compare a guy take 20 shots/game to a guy take 10 shots a game. Duncan doesn't make 3 pts, all he did is do some easy layups when his teammates do some good passes... he disaspears in the 4th quarter

:hammerhead:

Admiral
04-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Champions; that's why people don't like him? I always thought is was d-bag Spurs fans and the media's over-rating of everything Duncan does.

i really like him because he wasn't always a basketball guy. he studied and learned the game then used his natural athleticism to become one of the most solidly fundamental players ever.

however...

i think he whines like a ***** at the refs, and usually gets his way. the fact that he thinks he has never committed a foul in his career bugs me every time he shows his "what did i do? i barely slapped the shyt out of him!"

but i really like his game when he's not using the system(refs) to win.

some of the spurs homers bug me too.

Dizzle-2k7
05-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Tyson better be ready

MarloStanfield
05-01-2008, 12:13 AM
I find it interesting how Timmy D is even overlooked by the media...

People always talk about Tiger, Federer, Brady, even Ovechkin (who hasn't won ****) gets more press than Timmy.

Denali
05-01-2008, 12:15 AM
just disappear in the 4th quarter

wow.

YOU ARE A ****ING RETARD

gts
05-01-2008, 12:21 AM
anybody saying they don't like duncan because he whines better not watch their own favorite player to close..they ALL whine.....lol

I like duncan because he has no ego per se, his greatest motivation is to win and that's why teams signing big men to combat duncan don't get it...

shaq and amare proved that you can slow down duncan, teams have done it before, but because his sole goal is winning he evolves his game and makes the right pass, he buckles down on D, he sets picks he'll do what ever it takes to win and he can do pretty much everything better than the average player and as good or better than alot of really good players, he must be a dream for pops and his teammates...

nowdays people/fans don't want that, they want the star to be the top scorer, the one making the big plays and the one on the highlight film. duncan seems more like a role player then a star/ team leader but make no mistake when teams game plan the spurs duncan is the focus of their attention...

he's the star player on a team that plays team ball and everyone else follows his lead... the spurs are an unselfish "team first" franchise and that's why they have 5 rings in 9 years and could very well be on their way to 6

High Potential
05-01-2008, 12:22 AM
anybody saying they don't like duncan because he whines better not watch their own favorite player to close..they ALL whine.....lol

I like duncan because he has no ego per se, his greatest motivation is to win and that's why teams signing big men to combat duncan don't get it...

shaq and amare proved that you can slow down duncan, teams have done it before, but because his sole goal is winning he evolves his game and makes the right pass, he buckles down on D, he sets picks he'll do what ever it takes to win and he can do pretty much everything better than the average player and as good or better than alot of really good players, he must be a dream for pops and his teammates...

nowdays people/fans don't want that, they want the star to be the top scorer, the one making the big plays and the one on the highlight film. duncan seems more like a role player then a star/ team leader but make no mistake when teams game plan the spurs duncan is the focus of their attention...

he's the star player on a team that plays team ball and everyone else follows his lead... the spurs are an unselfish "team first" franchise and that's why they have 5 rings in 9 years and could very well be on their way to 6
Caron doesn't whine

StroShow4
05-01-2008, 12:25 AM

Swift never whines. but i get your point, most players whine, but not as much as timmy.

e20dyl4n
05-01-2008, 12:28 AM
swift has no reason to whine rofl.

stoudawhiner whines more then duncan

strifed169
05-01-2008, 12:43 AM
if you folks want to talk about the king of all whiners look no further

http://jessebastien.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/kobe-bryant-778334.jpg

BA_God
05-01-2008, 12:58 AM

Both Shaq and Jordan played for big market.(LA and Chicago).
while Duncan played for small market(SA).
that's the difference.

StroShow4
05-01-2008, 01:15 AM
swift has no reason to whine rofl.

i've heard alot of stromile swift jokes, and that's probably the worst one ever. lots of times even i can admit that they're funny, but you fail.

Norcaliblunt
05-01-2008, 02:22 AM
It's the way Duncan whines. He throws his arms out and gets his eyes all big. It's ridiculous.

unbreakable
05-26-2013, 08:21 PM
:bowdown: