PDA

View Full Version : Will an Asian guard ever make the NBA?

GOBB
08-15-2006, 02:57 PM
We got big men, but as far as guards? Zilch. Think one tried for the Clippers and didnt make the team. Can you see an asian guard representing the National Basketball Association? :confusedshrug:

wang4three
08-15-2006, 02:59 PM
yes. just wait for it.

ShannonElements
08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Eventually, I think one will make it. Hopefully, some day, every ethnicity is represented in the NBA.

Kobe24
08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Why not? But not anytime soon,maybe in three years. Will an indian guard ever make the NBA? Not sure if any indians have played in the league yet.

PureElement
08-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Chen Jiang Hua is only 17 and he is on our national team. He is already on many scout's radar for playing well at various camps. i'm sure he'll show up high on everyone's mock board in a few years.

Edit: You guys probably didn't notice but he played in the game against the US and got a few AND-1s and some great assist to Yi. He also had alot of turn overs, but I think he will grow with more experience. Hes not even playing in the CBA senior league yet.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 03:03 PM
How long do I have to wait? I didnt see any good guards on the China and Korean team. Is it a height issue? Athletic ability or lack thereof?

Why not? But not anytime soon,maybe in three years. Will an indian guard ever make the NBA? Not sure if any indians have played in the league yet.

3yrs? :roll: What you got a scouting report on one? Name please.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Chen Jiang Hua is only 17 and he is on our national team. He is already on many scout's radar for playing well at various camps. i'm sure he'll show up high on everyone's mock board in a few years.

PG or SG?

browntown
08-15-2006, 03:05 PM
There are alot of pretty good ball players in Pakistan. But don't forget basketball has just been popular in most of Asia. From time there well be asian born gaurds who'll play for the NBA.

PureElement
08-15-2006, 03:08 PM
PG or SG?

6'3 or 6'4 point guard. Fast as hell with great ball handling, and athletism. At 6'3 he can windmille and do 360 dunks. (Can't remember but I think he won a dunk contest at the ABCD camp or some shyt). Hes too skinny though, but hes only 17. (hes only 1 month older then me and already on the national team, arg... the guy is living my dream.:cry: :cry: :cry: )

Kobe24
08-15-2006, 03:11 PM
How long do I have to wait? I didnt see any good guards on the China and Korean team. Is it a height issue? Athletic ability or lack thereof?

3yrs? :roll: What you got a scouting report on one? Name please.

I was estimating. Gobb at it's best.:rollingeyes:

wang4three
08-15-2006, 03:17 PM
If not, my son will make it.

Ricardo Tubbs
08-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Yuta Tabuse played a few games for Phoenix.

And yes, Chen Jianghua is supposed to be the next big thing.

There will never be any Indians, Pakistanis, or whatnot because they just don't give a rat's ass if it's not cricket.

bonez26
08-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Sun Yue ...and wasn't Yuta Tabuse on a team for a while then cut. Like the Clippers or Dallas

420puffer
08-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, as long as he knows the fundamentals.. They will play just like white ppl.

Most hops:
1- Blacks
2-everyone else

GoRapz
08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Yuta Tabuse, he was on the suns I think last on 04-05?

kobedaman24
08-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah someone eventually will.

yobore
08-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Any country can produce a good big because bigs can afford to start late look at Saer Sene and the other Africans who got started when they're 18.

Guards need to start when they're young and since basketball has become so popular in China there will probably be several Chinese guards in the league 10 years from now.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
I was estimating. Gobb at it's best.:rollingeyes:

Bruh you said 3yrs. You dont estimate that short of a time without listing a prospect. Admit you talked out your ass for the sake of it. Kobe24 at his best.

:confusedshrug:

6'3 or 6'4 point guard. Fast as hell with great ball handling, and athletism. At 6'3 he can windmille and do 360 dunks. (Can't remember but I think he won a dunk contest at the ABCD camp or some shyt). Hes too skinny though, but hes only 17. (hes only 1 month older then me and already on the national team, arg... the guy is living my dream.

:eek:

Young HkM
08-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Yuta Tabuse, he was on the suns I think last on 04-05?

Yeah that's who came to mind for me also. For people who haven't heard about him he was like 5'9" and played super garbage minutes

Kobe24
08-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Bruh you said 3yrs. You dont estimate that short of a time without listing a prospect. Admit you talked out your ass for the sake of it. Kobe24 at his best.

:eek:

WOW!! Nate robinson can do that at 5'9 and smush parker can do that at 6'4 or so.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
WOW!! Nate robinson can do that at 5'9 and smush parker can do that at 6'4 or so.

They're black, this kid is asian. Huge difference.

Carbine
08-15-2006, 03:43 PM
I just pulled out the biggest fry ever in my KFC meal.

Anyways, I think we'll see an Asian guard in the NBA sooner rather than later because the scouts are expanding more & more.

PureElement
08-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Exactly, thats why he is naturally smarter and thus a better prospect.:rolleyes:

dab0yech0
08-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Exactly, thats why he is naturally smarter and thus a better prospect.:rolleyes:
:roll: his IQ is 10x the average nba prospect

lawlerslaw100
08-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Name:Sun Yue
Height:6' 9"
Weight:200 pounds
Current Team:Aoshen Olympian , International

NBA Position:PG/SG/SF
Date of Birth:11/6/1985 (20 Years Old)
High School:
Hometown:Hebei, China
Earliest Draft Class:2006
Current Position:PG
Possible Positions:SF
Best Case Scenario:Boris Diaw
Worst Case Scenario:Dermarr Johnson
Profile Written By:Luis Fern

dab0yech0
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=lawlerslaw100]Name:Sun Yue
Height:6' 9"
Weight:200 pounds
Current Team:Aoshen Olympian , International

NBA Position:PG/SG/SF
Date of Birth:11/6/1985 (20 Years Old)
High School:
Hometown:Hebei, China
Earliest Draft Class:2006
Current Position:PG
Possible Positions:SF
Best Case Scenario:Boris Diaw
Worst Case Scenario:Dermarr Johnson
Profile Written By:Luis Fern

lawlerslaw100
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Last year in the NBDL and is ready to be a 14th or 15th man on a run and gun team. His shot needs work. Maybe the McNuggets or Sonics will invite him to camp. Just missed the cut with the Clips and Suns in past years. The Cavs could use him too.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
i think we'll see more Asian guards soon.

but as for a swingman type, dynamic scorer and explosive entertainerm, who reaches an All STar, Superstar level in the NBA? i doubt any Asian can do that.. at least not in this generation. and that's not a racist statement guys. it's just the way things are. did you see the "best" player on the Korea team?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
08-15-2006, 04:29 PM
lol no way

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
about your sig handle the rock..

if the Knicks make the playoffs, they will be swept out of the first round.

TheBigAristotle1
08-15-2006, 04:48 PM
There already was an asian gaurd in the NBA Yuta Tabuse, he played in a few regular season games with the suns, but decided to go to the NBDL instead of being stuck on the injured reserve. I thought Tabuse might join Nate Robinson and Earl Boykins as one of the small players in the NBA (Sub 5'10").

The guy who people are talking about is ChenJiangHua, good player, very fast, decent leaping ability.

TheBigAristotle1
08-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Video of Chen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Mx6WqNY10

mhg88
08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
The song sucks. And the defense he is playing against is real bad. Only play that I found impressive was that lookaway pass.

TheBigAristotle1
08-15-2006, 05:06 PM
The song sucks. And the defense he is playing against is real bad. Only play that I found impressive was that lookaway pass

Well I wanted to give GOBB a chance to form his own impression.....

Now me personally I think he is a decent college prospect but would be basically crap in the NBA. His best attributes are his speed/quickness, ball handling and general smoothness. His negatives are that his motion looks a little awkward on his jumper, he can't finish with his off hand, and he is very skinny. But I wouldn't write him off, Barbosa probably looked like a floor-bound, undersized, awkward shooting gaurd, with an unpolished game, but he turned out to be an effective NBA player.

mhg88
08-15-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm not saying he couldn't be decent in the NBA. But he wouldn't be given that much room on every play. A lot of those highlights he just gets into the lane at will and the defense reacts so slow. His handle is decent though. He might be a good drive and kick type off the bench, but nothing more.

HALLandOATES
08-15-2006, 05:14 PM
great thread:rollingeyes: will girls ever play in the nba too?????

PureElement
08-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm not saying he couldn't be decent in the NBA. But he wouldn't be given that much room on every play. A lot of those highlights he just gets into the lane at will and the defense reacts so slow. His handle is decent though. He might be a good drive and kick type off the bench, but nothing more.

Hes just 17 right now, and from what I saw in his game against the US, he seem to have alot of room to grow. We can't say hes a bust or a stud for the NBA until hes at least 20.

TheBigAristotle1
08-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Well it is very hard to judge a player against competition that crappy, especially when it comes to the NBA.

mhg88
08-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Hes just 17 right now, and from what I saw in his game against the US, he seem to have alot of room to grow. We can't say hes a bust or a stud for the NBA until hes at least 20.

My bad, I didn't realize he was that young. He's got a lot of time to improve.

TheBigAristotle1
08-15-2006, 05:20 PM

Well just remember the NBA is no joke, if you are as small as he is (6'1") you have to be unbelievably good to be successfull in the NBA.

mhg88
08-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Well just remember the NBA is no joke, if you are as small as he is (6'1") you have to be unbelievably good to be successfull in the NBA.

That's a good point. He has the time to improve, but I think the real question is can he improve if he continues to play against players that bad?

TheBigAristotle1
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
That's a good point. He has the time to improve, but I think the real question is can he improve if he continues to play against players that bad?

Agreed. Getting out of China is imperative if he wants to make the NBA.

Shepseskaf
08-15-2006, 05:48 PM
great thread:rollingeyes: will girls ever play in the nba too?????
Diana Taurasi?

LakerRaider
08-15-2006, 06:06 PM
We got big men, but as far as guards? Zilch. Think one tried for the Clippers and didnt make the team. Can you see an asian guard representing the National Basketball Association? :confusedshrug:

I think Yuta Tabuse played some games.

DoubleTech
08-15-2006, 06:17 PM
chen jiang hua started for the chinese national team i believe even caught coach K's eye. after the US played China, coach K half jokingly said something like "he's only 17? we could use a point like that at Duke, what are his grades like?"

TheReturnofCed
08-15-2006, 06:21 PM

Man you're a loser. He gave you a time frame in whch he thinks it will happen. Hows he suppossed to know about all the Asian prospects?

I think he's fair in saying that. I think it'll happen in the next 5 years. I know of no prospects, I don't care for Asian basketball, but that's when I think it'll happen. We've had two Kiwis in the league with a population of 4 million, I think all of Asia could muster up at least one guard, ours was Kirk Penney.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 06:46 PM
I love how the New Zealand dumbass contionues to talk as if he has a clue about basketball and its played knowing his viewing is limited. Didnt Get Buckets already pull your skirt up? I think he did. You should do more reading/learning and less running your trap because 75% of the stuff you talk about is bogus. Now I see why all you do is make trade proposals, cant talk much in terms of the players because when you do you're always wrong.

There already was an asian gaurd in the NBA Yuta Tabuse, he played in a few regular season games with the suns, but decided to go to the NBDL instead of being stuck on the injured reserve. I thought Tabuse might join Nate Robinson and Earl Boykins as one of the small players in the NBA (Sub 5'10").

The guy who people are talking about is ChenJiangHua, good player, very fast, decent leaping ability.

Yeah but what i really mean when i say make it was to be a relevant player. The fact dude went to the NBDL to avoid being on the injured reserve list and basically seeing much of no minutes ehhhhh. Not what i was lookin for. I'm lookin for someone with the potential to be good & get noticed.

So we will see. I saw the youtube vid, dude wasnt that bad.

TheReturnofCed
08-15-2006, 06:50 PM
I love how the New Zealand dumbass contionues to talk as if he has a clue about basketball and its played knowing his viewing is limited. Didnt Get Buckets already pull your skirt up? I think he did. You should do more reading/learning and less running your trap because 75% of the stuff you talk about is bogus. Now I see why all you do is make trade proposals, cant talk much in terms of the players because when you do you're always wrong.

Find 5 people that agree with you.

See how many people think I have decent basketball knowledge.

And stop riding Get Buckets nuts. He's a terible poster, and just got angry cause I always own him.

geeWiz15
08-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Asian guards avoid American basketball leagues because they don't want to hit the showers with a bunch of black guys for obvious reasons.

I remember Yuta Tabuse was going to be a third string PG for the Suns a few years ago but he got cut at the last minute. dude was like 5'6 and quick as lightning.

great thread will girls ever play in the nba too?????
I'd say it's more likely.

geeWiz15
08-15-2006, 06:56 PM
I love how the New Zealand dumbass contionues to talk as if he has a clue about basketball and its played knowing his viewing is limited. Didnt Get Buckets already pull your skirt up? I think he did. You should do more reading/learning and less running your trap because 75% of the stuff you talk about is bogus.
Maybe but he gets points for talking about something other than posters he doesn't like and why.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 07:01 PM
:rolleyes:

AKA AAP
08-15-2006, 07:05 PM
3 years? 5 years? A couple of dudes rolling a dice to pick out a time span. And wasn't ced also "attractiveblonde"? Now I know what this "Dragon Club" is all about.

Ricardo Tubbs
08-15-2006, 07:14 PM
You know what continent has NEVER devloped a guard who played in the NBA?

Africa.

DeuceWallaces
08-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Agree with Gobb on Ced.

Anyway, sure, you're talking about 1 Billion people in China alone, where popularity of basketball is skyrocketing cos of Yao. One of those kids will make guard here in the next 5-10 years.

bc86
08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Keeping the theme of this thread,check out this dude.He was the first asian-american and minority player in the NBA back in 1947.

http://www.nba.com/features/global_misaka_010417.html

http://deseretnews.com/photos/2080050.jpg

jody
08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
there already was one, so the thread can end now.

DeuceWallaces
08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
^^^^^^^^

Yeah but what i really mean when i say make it was to be a relevant player. The fact dude went to the NBDL to avoid being on the injured reserve list and basically seeing much of no minutes ehhhhh. Not what i was lookin for. I'm lookin for someone with the potential to be good & get noticed.

So we will see. I saw the youtube vid, dude wasnt that bad.

Shepseskaf
08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
You know what continent has NEVER devloped a guard who played in the NBA?

Africa.
That's a pretty interesting stat. Steve Nash was born in S. Africa and Iguodala is of Nigerian descent, but I guess that's as close as it gets.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
there already was one, so the thread can end now.

Why should the thread end? Be honest and tell me you were aware of the Asian in 1947. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didnt. I wasnt aware of that player and usually that player to my knowledge has never been acknowledged or recognized on a broader scale. With the talk, growth of international players, with Yao Ming being a well known and talked about asian and how he has impacted the culture in terms of bball (its starting to grow even larger than before) this player still has recieved little to no pub. But my thread should mysteriously end because of this?

Also I pretty much tried to explain my intent/meaning of this topic because it started off to others as a question "has one made the nba" but I was really lookin into it more, deeper than just playing 3gms like the guy in the link did, or playing hardly any minutes in the nba like Yuta did before he voluntarily went to the nbdl instead of being a human mascot for an NBA franchise. I want someone with sigfnificance, importance, impact. Not going extreme and talkin Lebron James, but how Manu started? Maybe Leonardo Barbosa? Someone we talk about, mention and actually see play quality minutes. Someone that fans can argue "In 2-3yrs he will be good/productive, maybe an All Star caliber player" vs "No, just a career backup nothign special" etc etc. Much like we do with any young player with talent as we try to guess thier future in the NBA.

Thats what i want, what i tried to ask for with my recent reply in here. Thread should still die now that a player i dont think you even knew about was posted? Let me know. :confusedshrug:

Kiss Murder
08-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Why should the thread end? Be honest and tell me you were aware of the Asian in 1947. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didnt. I wasnt aware of that player and usually that player to my knowledge has never been acknowledged or recognized on a broader scale. With the talk, growth of international players, with Yao Ming being a well known and talked about asian and how he has impacted the culture in terms of bball (its starting to grow even larger than before) this player still has recieved little to no pub. But my thread should mysteriously end because of this?

Also I pretty much tried to explain my intent/meaning of this topic because it started off to others as a question "has one made the nba" but I was really lookin into it more, deeper than just playing 3gms like the guy in the link did, or playing hardly any minutes in the nba like Yuta did before he voluntarily went to the nbdl instead of being a human mascot for an NBA franchise. I want someone with sigfnificance, importance, impact. Not going extreme and talkin Lebron James, but how Manu started? Maybe Leonardo Barbosa? Someone we talk about, mention and actually see play quality minutes. Someone that fans can argue "In 2-3yrs he will be good/productive, maybe an All Star caliber player" vs "No, just a career backup nothign special" etc etc. Much like we do with any young player with talent as we try to guess thier future in the NBA.

Thats what i want, what i tried to ask for with my recent reply in here. Thread should still die now that a player i dont think you even knew about was posted? Let me know. :confusedshrug:

Well, you asked if an Asian guard will ever make it and there was that guy back in 1773 and Yuta Tabusa. There we go! An Asian made the NBA!

JtotheIzzo
08-15-2006, 10:50 PM
-There is horrible coaching at the lower levels in Asia.
-Guards cannot develop in this system and most of the top talent is riddled with bad habits. Big guys can get away with it, smaller guys cant.
-China is taking on a lot more foreign coaching, and developing youth leagues. This will develop talent. it will take time.

TheReturnofCed
08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, you asked if an Asian guard will ever make it and there was that guy back in 1773 and Yuta Tabusa. There we go! An Asian made the NBA!

:roll: @ GOBB getting OWNED

jody
08-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Why should the thread end?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/yuta_tabuse/

GOBB
08-15-2006, 11:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/yuta_tabuse/

4gms 4mpg :confusedshrug:

Try again kid.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 11:13 PM

Guy back then played 3gms tops. Yuta played 4gms tops. 82gm season.

There lies the asian guards career in the NBA. I already explained further my point, intent, reasoning for this topic. But like most undeveloped minds here you skip over it.

So I'll wait for your next reply which will most likely be off topic, irrelevant or repeating yourself AFTER what you repeated was explained. Lets see how this unfolds. Predictable? Time will tell when you hit "Add Reply".

TheReturnofCed
08-15-2006, 11:13 PM
4gms 4mpg :confusedshrug:

Try again kid.

GOBB=pwn3d

GOBB
08-15-2006, 11:15 PM
-There is horrible coaching at the lower levels in Asia.
-Guards cannot develop in this system and most of the top talent is riddled with bad habits. Big guys can get away with it, smaller guys cant.
-China is taking on a lot more foreign coaching, and developing youth leagues. This will develop talent. it will take time.

Finally a post with some sense. Guy the usual suspects couldnt brainstorm such a post? :confusedshrug:

But I agree with that.

HALLandOATES
08-15-2006, 11:20 PM
gobb got played just like geewiz saying you can't die from secondhand smoke :roll: . research before you open your trap kid:roll:

Kiss Murder
08-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Guy back then played 3gms tops. Yuta played 4gms tops. 82gm season.

There lies the asian guards career in the NBA. I already explained further my point, intent, reasoning for this topic. But like most undeveloped minds here you skip over it.

So your topic should read "Will an Asian guard ever make an IMPACT in the NBA" then, because this thread title has already been answered...

HALLandOATES
08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Hu Weidong was an asain guard and got a contract, so he MADE the nba in 2000. Played again moron

"you better get along and gettcha mind right, ya mind right"

SCREWstonRockets
08-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Here's a mix of Chen Jianghua. This kid has the best chance to make it in the NBA. But like most international players, he'll need to put on massive weight to be able to play with NBA PGs.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3233081467186636772

GOBB
08-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Signed a contract? Did he play? Yes or no. So far Yuta holds the record for most games played with 4. :rolleyes:

You kids sound like typo queens. Poster makes a typo and you quote, laugh and harp on it for eternity. Poster corrects typo and its "Too late, too late now :roll: ". But considering the posters who are replying? Not surprised. Pretty much embarrassed you with words on this board so much you just wait for your chance. Comedy. The battered poster. I should just make a username "Joe Jackson" the way I beat up on you kids so much.

Kiss Murder
08-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Signed a contract? Did he play? Yes or no. So far Yuta holds the record for most games played with 4. :rolleyes:

You kids sound like typo queens. Poster makes a typo and you quote, laugh and harp on it for eternity. Poster corrects typo and its "Too late, too late now :roll: ". But considering the posters who are replying? Not surprised. Pretty much embarrassed you with words on this board so much you just wait for your chance. Comedy. The battered poster. I should just make a username "Joe Jackson" the way I beat up on you kids so much.

How? E-Fighting?

HALLandOATES
08-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Signed a contract? Did he play? Yes or no. So far Yuta holds the record for most games played with 4.

Look what your question asked .Can you just admit a fault ? Don't beat around the bush. If you would of just said "oh yeah guys I mean who will be the first successful asian in the nba" instead you would of been good to go.

GOBB
08-15-2006, 11:42 PM
How? E-Fighting?

Joe Jackson did more than physical abuse. Try mental idiot.

Look what your question asked .Can you just admit a fault ? Don't beat around the bush. If you would of just said "oh yeah guys I mean who will be the first successful asian in the nba" instead you would of been good to go.

You didnt answer my question to the asian that signed a contract in 2000.

Kiss Murder
08-15-2006, 11:47 PM
This thread has already lost the original idea...Will an Asian guard ever make the NBA?!

Knine
08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Chen Jianghua can make it in the league if he tries his best and works hard. I think he has a good chance. Did anyone see him vs. USA a few weeks ago. He got to the hoop a few times. I think he's better then Sun Yue. Chen is quick. If he's only 17 then he has a great chance to make the league. I just wish he was bigger so he doesnt get pushed around too much. But this guy is quick. Yeah he has a good chance to play in the NBA soon.

nikiboi
08-16-2006, 09:45 AM
He may not be a pure asian but Raymond Townsend, NBA point guard; the Golden State Warriors made him the first Filipino-American ever to be drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft

GOBB
08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I cant find an African guard that developed in the NBA either. Basically Forwards and Centers. Wonder if most choose soccer over bball or the same situation like Asia (as mentioned by JtoIzzo).

TheHonestTruth
08-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes there will be. Not anytime soon.

Shepseskaf
08-16-2006, 02:34 PM
I cant find an African guard that developed in the NBA either. Basically Forwards and Centers. Wonder if most choose soccer over bball or the same situation like Asia (as mentioned by JtoIzzo).
I think the soccer reason, along with the poor coaching, and the probable lack of places to train are all part of the overall picture. That's changing, though. You have Sam Vincent as the coach of the Nigerian national team. If anyone would know how to develop guards to play in the League, it would be him.

mhsbasketball
08-16-2006, 03:54 PM
isnt luol deng african, i think he was born in the UK but hes parents are from sudan

Lebron23
02-08-2012, 04:17 AM
His name is Jeremy Lin.

He may not be a pure asian but Raymond Townsend, NBA point guard; the Golden State Warriors made him the first Filipino-American ever to be drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft

The Philippines also have 4 Fil-American players who are playing in the NCAA Division I tournament right now.

BlitzForce
02-27-2012, 01:52 AM
Chris Tang might be next

Still in high school, and getting recruitment interest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OEitS-vJpk

1Time4YourMind
03-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Chris Tang might be next

Still in high school, and getting recruitment interest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OEitS-vJpk
Dunks were in traffic at least... but it's still one of those HS vids. Amazing that the guys only a soph tho

MJ(Mean John)
03-23-2012, 05:14 AM
yes. just wait for it.

BINGO