PDA

View Full Version : Round 1, Lakers-Nuggets game 2, Wed 10:30pm ET

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

hotsizzle
04-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Lineup change by GK:

Denver's Linas Kleiza will start Game 2 on Wednesday in the Nuggets-Lakers series, coach George Karl announced Tuesday. The 6-foot-8 Kleiza will replace 6-2 Anthony Carter, giving Denver more size and scoring in the lineup.

"It's definitely an opportunity, but it comes with a lot of responsibility," said Kleiza, who scored 23 points in Denver's Game 1 loss on Sunday. "And a great opportunity can be taken away fast."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_9015336

LA needs to stay home with this guy at the 3 pt line, hes been killing them from there last few times they played. Not sure how Denver will change its approach in guarding Kobe this game but either way, LA will have a matchup to exploit...

glidedrxlr22
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Too much defensive pressure will be put forth trying to guard AI and Carmelo that Kleiza and JR Smith will have open looks from 3. Nuggets by 6!

mjbulls23
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
finally George Karl uses his head :hammerhead:

I still have L.A winning in a close game this time :pimp:

Lamar Doom
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
shouldn't matter too much, the backcourt and vlad (or whoever's at the "3") will have statistically bigger games, doesn't seem like an adjustment that solves the problem of being outmatched.

SoCalMike
04-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Its not that big a deal... that change only creates other matchup issues for Denver.... and they still don't play defense. Its a chess match....

Pjax > Karl...

:pimp:

w00terz
04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
It helps the Nuggets defense a little bit but as long as Camby plays the way he played in game one (see: nonexistent), the Lakers are still going to dominate us on the glass. Odom and Gasol combined for another 30-40 rebounds?

Y2Gezee
04-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Its not that big a deal... that change only creates other matchup issues for Denver.... and they still don't play defense. Its a chess match....

Pjax > Karl...

Where does it create matchup issues for Denver? They took out a midget that can't guard anybody on the floor buy perhaps Fisher (who he's not gonna be on) for a guy that can be on the floor and play some at the 2, some at the 3, and the four and considering Odom plays at the 4 its not a bad matchup at all. It will also put another player out there that can rebound and shoot and run the floor.

crisoner
04-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Lakers just need to do what they did in the first quarter in game 1....but this time strech that over the entire game. All will be well.

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!! DEFEND OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Kobe=MVP07`
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
BOOOOOOOOO they took down my Laker V nuggets thread

i was counting to see how many view it would get, it was nearing 20,000!!!!

SoCalMike
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Where does it create matchup issues for Denver? They took out a midget that can't guard anybody on the floor buy perhaps Fisher (who he's not gonna be on) for a guy that can be on the floor and play some at the 2, some at the 3, and the four and considering Odom plays at the 4 its not a bad matchup at all. It will also put another player out there that can rebound and shoot and run the floor.

It does not make any matchup problems for Denver. I was wrong. Denver will win it in 4 straight with Kleiza in...

Spudjjay
04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Nuggets bounce back to take the victory!

SoCalMike
04-22-2008, 11:02 PM

LOL... love the Avy... :cheers:

Hate is a wonderful thing! PROPS!

Jorn444Lakers
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
LOL... love the Avy... :cheers:

Hate is a wonderful thing! PROPS!

I take his avy as a compliment... our playoff campaign is successful so far in garnering attention! :cheers:

Loki
04-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Predict Kobe's line for game 2:

34 points (11-25 FG), 7 reb, 5 ast. He will be 5-16 at one point and hit 6 of his last 9 late.

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 12:32 AM

34 points (11-25 FG), 7 reb, 5 ast. He will be 5-16 at one point and hit 6 of his last 9 late.

If he takes more than 20 shots, I will be disappointed.

BryantGasol89
04-23-2008, 12:35 AM

No chance!! http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/la.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif

baseketball4life
04-23-2008, 01:39 AM
nice move by Karl, AC shouldnt play... this should also open up minutes for JR Smith

unfortunately for them the Lakers will romp anyways

francesco totti
04-23-2008, 02:13 AM
This is a must win today, if we lose then we are done.

Expect Big games by MELO & AI.They know whats at stake, they wont let the team down.

lets go nuggets

Y2Gezee
04-23-2008, 02:27 AM

Expect Big games by MELO & AI.They know whats at stake, they wont let the team down.

lets go nuggets

Never done until you lose 1 at home

Younggrease
04-23-2008, 02:55 AM

If Denver plays that dumb big lineup then Kobe will get 35(10-19) 6 reb 7 assits; could prob be more but it wont be needed.

w00terz
04-23-2008, 03:07 AM
If Denver plays that dumb big lineup then Kobe will get 35(10-19) 6 reb 7 assits; could prob be more but it wont be needed.

I hope you're joking.

AI - Fisher
LK - Vlad/Vujapuss
Melo - Odom
K-Mart - Kobe
Camby/Najera - Gasol

Sub: JR for LK (I hope).

That's wayyy better than midget Anthony F*cking Carter trying to guard Vlad on the block.

baseketball4life
04-23-2008, 03:33 AM
I hope you're joking.

AI - Fisher
LK - Vlad/Vujapuss
Melo - Odom
K-Mart - Kobe
Camby/Najera - Gasol

That's wayyy better than midget Anthony F*cking Carter trying to guard Vlad on the block.
yea its a definite upgrade, Nuggets are capable of pulling a shock here... no one should sleep on them

markymark
04-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Never done until you lose 1 at home

never done until you lose 4 ;)

Laker4Lyfe
04-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Lineup change by GK:

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_9015336

LA needs to stay home with this guy at the 3 pt line, hes been killing them from there last few times they played. Not sure how Denver will change its approach in guarding Kobe this game but either way, LA will have a matchup to exploit...
I'm re-watching the game right now and the Nuggets actually used the line up of : Iverson, Camby, Anthony, Martin and Kleiza starting 8:40 in the 3rd. The Lakers where able to maintain a 12 point lead. The line up stayed that way until the 5:00 mark when they put Smith in, in place of Anthony. The Lakers lead then increased. Kleiza actually played the rest of the 3rd quarter, and he started the 4th.

And it's funny I read a few people that where saying that Kobe was crap talking in game 1 while Martin was not on him. That is so not true, the times that he did the MOST talking those shots where made with Martin defending him. :oldlol:

I'm looking forward to see how the Lakers come out in game 2. I really don't think that Kleiza starting will make that much of a difference since after re-watching the game I realize that he played the majority of the second half when the Lakers took and maintained their largest lead. :pimp:

w00terz
04-23-2008, 05:12 AM
I'm re-watching the game right now and the Nuggets actually used the line up of : Iverson, Camby, Anthony, Martin and Kleiza starting 8:40 in the 3rd. The Lakers where able to maintain a 12 point lead. The line up stayed that way until the 5:00 mark when they put Smith in, in place of Anthony. The Lakers lead then increased. Kleiza actually played the rest of the 3rd quarter, and he started the 4th.

And it's funny I read a few people that where saying that Kobe was crap talking in game 1 while Martin was not on him. That is so not true, the times that he did the MOST talking those shots where made with Martin defending him. :oldlol:

I'm looking forward to see how the Lakers come out in game 2. I really don't think that Kleiza starting will make that much of a difference since after re-watching the game I realize that he played the majority of the second half when the Lakers took and maintained their largest lead. :pimp:

Kobe can talk all the crap he wants, K-Mart shut him down.

BIGSHOT
04-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Another blowout win for the Lakers.:pimp:
Nugs are no match.

23airjordan23
04-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Lakers by 10 + kobe will score at least 30 and have like 2 assists ...
A.I will score 30 + and have 7 + assits

Emile
04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
The Lakers have already won.

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/tnt/courtside/nba_crtside_kobe_042308.asx&nbasite=lakers&contentpath=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/tnt/courtside/nba_crtside_kobe_042308.asx&secondClick=1

TNT Courtside: Kobe Bryant

TNT's Craig Sager talks with Kobe Bryant after the Lakers' Game 2 win over the Nuggets.

04/23/2008 - Duration: 01:26

Sorry folks.

Allstar24
04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Uh its a 7 game series and Denver is yet to play at home where they're very good, judging by the record (obviously you know that).

Go Lakers!

Kiddlovesnets
04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, it's so embarrassing that the West Conference will likely to have all the match-ups 2-0 in the 1st round. The Nuggets are the only hope to make the West a little bit more interesting to watch, but the Lakers are just too tough for them to defeat...

glidedrxlr22
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Another blowout win for the Lakers.:pimp:
Nugs are no match.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

BryantGasol89
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Gasol to have another big game, Bryant putting up good numbers as well. The usual suspects scoring the points for Denver.

Nuggets 112-123 Lakers

Felix777
04-23-2008, 12:04 PM
If Kleiza would take half the shots Bryant takes on free looks, he would score 30 points a game.

But Why does George Karl let Carmelo take shots instead of passing the ball to him ,who has free looks, i just dont get it.

And Not to talk down about A.I but the only assists he does are acctually when he sees hes going to get blocked when running in a three defenders.

Thats the Nba , i still love it , just cant get it.

Oh and on the point Denver winning this one cause i Hope Kleiza will take more shots , and i hope Bryant will try to regain his status of the leader ( Shooting 5-23 from the field )

ShowTime LA
04-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Lakers by 10+

Vujacic will be hot coming off the bench.

kidachi
04-23-2008, 12:12 PM
this really boring. Lakers-Warriors would be the shyt.

ShowTime LA
04-23-2008, 12:49 PM

what's so funny?

What have the Denver Nuggets done to the Lakers all season that makes this a close game?

When Denver plays any kind of defense, then we can start talking.

crisoner
04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
this really boring. Lakers-Warriors would be the shyt.

I'd be happy with that. Get to se some games up here in the Bay.

But really.....the Warriors seem burnt out their last couple of games. I think the Lakers would of swept them.

iggy>
04-23-2008, 01:01 PM
lakers beat the nuggets in 5, then they will lose to utah in 6.

mjbulls23
04-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Link (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/apr/23/nuggets-report-no-repeat-for-camby/)

Nene's return near

Karl has gone from hopeful to optimistic about Nene's chances of playing in Game 2 against the Los Angeles Lakers.

"My gut says that there's a good chance he'll play," Karl said.

Nene did some running at practice and will be evaluated today after the shootaround. The Nuggets desperately need some added bulk in the middle after Lakers center Pau Gasol eased his way to 36 points and 16 rebounds in the opener.

"If Nene can give us some minutes, that will give us some presence on Gasol," Karl said.

good news for Nuggets fans

LuCKy_JuNiOr
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Gasol to have another big game, Bryant putting up good numbers as well. The usual suspects scoring the points for Denver.

Nuggets 112-123 Lakers

Is good numbers shooting 9-25?

BryantGasol89
04-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Is good numbers shooting 9-25?

I meant better numbers lol

BIGSHOT
04-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Lakers will destroy.Nobody will beat them.:bowdown: :bowdown: They have the GOAT.

glidedrxlr22
04-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Lakers will destroy.Nobody will beat them.:bowdown: :bowdown: They have the GOAT.

:oldlol: You crack me up with your one track mind....or schtick or whatever you wanna call it :oldlol:

mjbulls23
04-23-2008, 02:04 PM
:oldlol: You crack me up with your one track mind....or schtick or whatever you wanna call it :oldlol:

just leave it alone :ohwell:

BIGSHOT
04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Just don't off yourselves when the Lakers win this years championship.Silly MJ fans.:roll:

mjbulls23
04-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Just don't off yourselves when the Lakers win this years championship.Silly MJ fans.:roll:

I'm actually rooting for L.A to win it all you ****

baseketball4life
04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Nuggets get a confidence boost without Carter in the lineup, going into halftime ahead by 8 points, Lakers rape them in the 3rd going up 15 to the fourth and the game ends with the Lakers winning 103-89

Spudjjay
04-23-2008, 03:13 PM

:oldlol:

Lakers would be lucky to get out of the second round. There's nothing impressive about that team what so ever....

Not to homer or anything but it's quite obvious that the Lakers would get destroyed by the Celtics if they met in the finals.

mjbulls23
04-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Lakers would be lucky to get out of the second round. There's nothing impressive about that team what so ever....

Not to homer or anything but it's quite obvious that the Lakers would get destroyed by the Celtics if they met in the finals.

what's the point of responding to a blind Kobe nut rider? :confusedshrug:

Thom.Yorke
04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I have to agree, the celtics are a great time. If bynum comes back they have a chance.

but, i dont know if its just me, but it seems the east plays a bit rougher and its harder to get fould called than in the west. especially at home at the lakers.

and believe me, the refs will be on the celtics/lakers side to get them on top. the networks need this matchup to get $$$...:)

Dr. Acula
04-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Lakers got extremely lucky in Game 1 to escape with a win. Pau Gasol played like a true MVP ffor his squad and had to carry Bryant on his back (ala the Shaq years). This is proof that Kobe can't lead a team w/o a legit bigman making him look good.

Bryant's ego will cost the Lakers the game tonight. The Nuggets by 4 points.

baseketball4life
04-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Lakers got extremely lucky in Game 1 to escape with a win. Pau Gasol played like a true MVP ffor his squad and had to carry Bryant on his back (ala the Shaq years). This is proof that Kobe can't lead a team w/o a legit bigman making him look good.

one game is proof? :confusedshrug:

Felix777
04-23-2008, 04:02 PM
one game is proof? :confusedshrug:

One Playoff game is more than a proof.

markymark
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
ei where can i watch the game live? please send me a link

hotsizzle
04-23-2008, 04:43 PM

"escape":oldlol:

Amazing we have some people accusing Kobe of stat padding and others saying the Lakers escaped with a win...

Fedor - Laker
04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
try chanelsurfing.net.

TruthKGRay3412
04-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Hopefully you guys don't fall asleep watching the Celtics blow out the Hawks.:oldlol:

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Really excited for tonights game and to see how the changes in Denver's lineup will effect the game. Also hoping to see lamar and pau continue to do their thing, and hopefully kobe locked himself in a gym to find his shot.

And LOL @ the lakers "escaping" with a win in game 1. What are you smoking? I need some of that to get me through finals week.

w00terz
04-23-2008, 05:55 PM

You can watch it live by tuning in to TNT.

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-23-2008, 05:59 PM

I'm afraid this post is correct, for the most part.
Lakers D is simply not good enuf. In the end, we will see Gasol getting muscled by Duncan and/or Chandler....and they will wish they had Bynum to D-up.
but, the Lakers offense IS impressive when they are moving it.

gts
04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
4 hours till game time... i'm listening to traffic reports and i have yet to heqr of any busses catching on fire....

it will be interesting to see what adjustments the coaches made over the last couple days, kleiza's starting if i heard correct? carter's on the bench?

go-lakers
04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes, Kleiza is starting.

Are they still going to put Camby on Kobe? I'm looking for Kobe to have a better game tonight (he can't play worse).

Kappy
04-23-2008, 06:23 PM
I have this awful feeling that the Lakers won't come out with a lot of intensity, and will fall behind in the first half ........ BUT, I also think that they'll bounce back in the 3rd & 4th quarter, and will win the game!! :)

Just my thoughts!!!

baseketball4life
04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I have this awful feeling that the Lakers won't come out with a lot of intensity, and will fall behind in the first half ........ BUT, I also think that they'll bounce back in the 3rd & 4th quarter, and will win the game!! :)

Just my thoughts!!!
yea this is what i predicted too

markymark
04-23-2008, 07:10 PM
You can watch it live by tuning in to TNT.

I don't live in the states. we only have nba on tv during weekends zzzzz haha

Geandily
04-23-2008, 08:23 PM
I predict the Nuggets going up at halftime by 20 points with JR leading the way with 35 points who will sit out the entire second half. Lakers will win by 2

bladefd
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?page=ScoutingNuggetsLakers-Game2

What terrible analysis by espn haha. He has denver winning the game but absolutely no backing up why or how they are going to beat Lakers. He just pointed out how Denver/Lakers played in first game and from that, he came to the conclusion that Denver will win somehow. :roll:

crisoner
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?page=ScoutingNuggetsLakers-Game2

What terrible analysis by espn haha. He has denver winning the game but absolutely no backing up why or how they are going to beat Lakers. He just pointed out how Denver/Lakers played in first game and from that, he came to the conclusion that Denver will win somehow. :roll:

Oh ESPN and the East Coast biased Lakers hating asses.

crisoner
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I predict the Nuggets going up at halftime by 20 points with JR leading the way with 35 points who will sit out the entire second half. Lakers will win by 2

LOL

I should hope the Lakers win by more then 2.

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone have a game link?

mlh1981
04-23-2008, 08:40 PM
10:30 start time just kills me..........:banghead:

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
10:30 start time just kills me..........:banghead:

Thats got to kill ya... We have a fan that is in the UK.. its a 3:30AM game time start for him... now thats dedicated!

gts
04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh ESPN and the East Coast biased Lakers hating asses.nah it's not that but it is an odd article... i read it twice and still don't really get how his breakdowns equate to actual on the court results, he says this player needs to do this and that but fails to mention that the player in question hasn't done that all season...lol

w00terz
04-23-2008, 08:42 PM

He's saying if the Nuggets rectify their problems, they can win. I know reading comprehension is difficult for you, so next time try asking someone to explain it to you before you draw conclusions. Thanks.

bladefd
04-23-2008, 09:01 PM
He's saying if the Nuggets rectify their problems, they can win. I know reading comprehension is difficult for you, so next time try asking someone to explain it to you before you draw conclusions. Thanks.

Interesting response. Did you read the article? You seem pretty bitter at me for posting how bad some analysis is. Thorpe, the writer, refuses to acknowledge that not only did Nuggets lose game 1 but Lakers also won it. Thorpe is basically saying that Denver lost the game. See what I am trying to say here?

-He mentions how atrocious Denver's defense has been all season long and game 1 as well. How does he expect Denver to completely change their defense and play completely better almost overnight after 2 seasons of terrible defense(Yes, Denver was a terrible defense team last season too)?
-He talks about Gasol completely annihilating Camby but doesn't mention how to stop him or what Camby did wrong. How does he expect Denver to win if he himself has no clue how to exactly stop Gasol?
-Thorpe admits that Kobe was missing open shots all night long. How often does Kobe have back to back terrible games where he misses open shots?

You have to take into consideration that Lakers might exploit some of those weaknesses that Nuggers showed in game 1 or at least rectify the mistakes that they made. Hell, Kobe might have a much better game tonight too. :confusedshrug: Just because the Nuggets MAY solve their game 1 breakdowns doesn't mean they will win the game. It is much harder to win at Staples Center than he makes it sound like.

Edit: Just read some of the comments by the readers on the bottom. I just read a few and a lot of them got more points than what I just posted. It's not just me that thought the article was badly written.

mlh1981
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Thats got to kill ya... We have a fan that is in the UK.. its a 3:30AM game time start for him... now thats dedicated!

I watched all the Cavs west coast games this year.

Who knows..........might stay up and watch this game in its entirety. Indifferent as to the result, but just love playoff basketball.

Spudjjay
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM

Guy should just sleep... cause the Lakers are losing this one big.

JellyBean
04-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Line up change, big deal. Lakers still will win. We forget, these are the Nuggets that the Lakers are playing. Lakers 115- Denver 100.

don juan de marco
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM
man i cant wait for this game to start, because the Celtics vs Hawks has to be the worst game in the playoffs. How could anyone sit through his horrible game? Someone show me the Ratings for this team. Western teams are way more intertaining.

KRAYZIE
04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Denver can definetly win tonights game as long as that idiotic coach does not make idiotic adjustments like he did in the 1st game. IN game 1, you had 3 guys (Najera, J.R., + Kleiza) who played perfectly together and provided a spark that they desperately needed. Both J.R. and Kleiza were driving to the lane with ease and went 8-11 for 20 points in the 2nd quarter. Right when all was going good for Denver, what does that moron of a coach do late into that quarter? pulls them both out of the line-up and replaces them with AI + Melo, so what happens right after that? Denvers 8 point lead is gone just like that and are down 2 at the half. When you have 2 guys playing with perfect chemistry and are scoring with ease, you don't f*cking take them out, it's like Karl saying "Good job boys, now take a seat and watch AI and Melo f*ck up what you two worked so hard to accomplish in that quarter". Who the f*ck cares if AI + Melo don't get their minutes, you don't change your line-up when things are going great you mentally retarded pos!

Karls jealousy and personal hatred for J.R. sickens me, J.R. was playing great (he and Kleiza were Denvers best players that night) J.R. went 6-8 and yet you play him for only 22 minutes? even Luke fricken Walton got more minutes than him, George.

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 09:47 PM

Ha, we should do an avy swap bet... that would be funny... but um, no, the Nuggs will definitely not blow out anyone "big" as you suggest... but I like the spirit of competition! :D

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Still no game links????

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM

now dont run and hide if you are wrong.

Dr. Acula
04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I agree with ESPN's Skip Bayless. Denver wins this game and take the next 3 to close out the series.

crisoner
04-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Get your bandwagon ass out of here!!!

:D

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 10:01 PM

You gotta like the spunk.... and I like the avy! its funny!

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
I watched all the Cavs west coast games this year.

Who knows..........might stay up and watch this game in its entirety. Indifferent as to the result, but just love playoff basketball.

I agree with you.... my wife and son are not happy with me during the NBA playoffs cuz I disappear...

Fortunately, I am on the west coast so it makes watching these games easier, time wise.

Randy
04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I hope Denver loses this series for the sole purpose of forcing the front office to make some changes.

Spudjjay
04-23-2008, 10:10 PM

Don't believe the bull, i'm as real as they come.

But anyways the Lakers can only go as far as Pau takes them...

KRAYZIE
04-23-2008, 10:11 PM
He mentions how atrocious Denver's defense has been all season long and game 1 as well. How does he expect Denver to completely change their defense and play completely better almost overnight after 2 seasons of terrible defense(Yes, Denver was a terrible defense team last season too)?
All season long? Is this guy serious with this sh*t? Does he actually believe that Denver played 82 games of horrible defense this season? because if he does then he should go watch some of the games they played against San Antonio, Detroit, Cleveland, Portland, Washington. If that guy actually followed the team, then he'd know what I was talking about.

KRAYZIE
04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I hope Denver loses this series for the sole purpose of forcing the front office to make some changes.
I wouldn't mind Denver losing this series if it meant that Karl would be fired ASAP. :D

KenneBell
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I think it'll be a lot closer than last game.

ShowTime LA
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I agree with ESPN's Skip Bayless. Denver wins this game and take the next 3 to close out the series.

Skip Clueless? okay. Gotcha.

Randy
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't mind Denver losing this series if it meant that Karl would be fired ASAP. :D

Anthony Carter too. Every time he steps onto the court I punch my dog. I wouldn't mind seeing Camby get shipped out either.

bladefd
04-23-2008, 10:22 PM

I really think they should try to get Larry Brown if possible. Larry Brown is probably the best coach without a coaching job atm. Larry Brown was A.I's coach once so he knows what A.I. can do and not do(hopefully they can put their problems/egos aside unlike in Philly). He can really turn the Denver franchise around completely with his expertise in defense and he knows how to turn franchises around as we noticed with Philly/Pistons(He even tried to make changes with Knicks roster but Isiah screwed it all up).
Larry Brown is a much better all-around coach than George Karl and he will bring Denver to a championship-caliber status if he is brought in. He would have a much better team to work with(A.I/Melo 2 superstars) than what he had with Pistons. I guarantee he would be able to bring a couple rings in before he retires with Denver.

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't believe the bull, i'm as real as they come.

But anyways the Lakers can only go as far as Pau takes them...

Slowly losing respect for you... can you really type that with a straight face? Of course pau needs to play well... so does everyone else :rolleyes:

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Wanna make a bet, troll?

KRAYZIE
04-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Anthony Carter too. Every time he steps onto the court I punch my dog. I wouldn't mind seeing Camby get shipped out either.
:roll: :roll:

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Anthony Carter too. Every time he steps onto the court I punch my dog.

lol. that was a good one.

lovethetriangle
04-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I agree with you.... my wife and son are not happy with me during the NBA playoffs cuz I disappear...

Fortunately, I am on the west coast so it makes watching these games easier, time wise.

My staff isn't happy with me as I'll be leaving work at 11am because I have loose bowel movement aka lakers nuggets game 2 live at home!

KRAYZIE
04-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I hope you're joking.

AI - Fisher
LK - Vlad/Vujapuss
Melo - Odom
K-Mart - Kobe
Camby/Najera - Gasol

Yeah right, I wish. Karl hasn't started J.R. all season long and he's not going to start now. :(

mjbulls23
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/5a/fullj.366d5ac27f8b759dd2588a5c1118151c/366d5ac27f8b759dd2588a5c1118151c-getty-80327528mw001_denver_nugget.jpg

Kobe making Craig Sager proud :hammerhead:

lovethetriangle
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM

Randy in the NBA forum?

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 10:38 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/5a/fullj.366d5ac27f8b759dd2588a5c1118151c/366d5ac27f8b759dd2588a5c1118151c-getty-80327528mw001_denver_nugget.jpg

Wow, that's hideous. Did anyone else see Carmelos? It must be ugly suit night at the staples center.

Laker4Lyfe
04-23-2008, 10:40 PM

I really don't care much for the blazer :eek: but that's how fashion works. And it's really not tailored well either.

lovethetriangle
04-23-2008, 10:42 PM

All he had to do to make it look good was unbutton the lower button.

Emile
04-23-2008, 10:43 PM

I'm sure your dog wouldn't mind any of that either.

Laker4Lyfe
04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Go LAKERS!!!!!

Lakers13
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Alright Lakers, lets protect that HC baby!

Richie2k6
04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
If Denver wins tonight... I could definitely have the hope to see them winning the two at home, or at least going 2-2.

Emile
04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
If the Lakers win by less than 20.....well...they won't. So no need to even bet.

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Lets go guys Im pumped...GO LAKERS!!

FashionIssues
04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
glad this snoozefest of a game is over.... lakers here we go!

Richie2k6
04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Game on!

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 10:50 PM
My staff isn't happy with me as I'll be leaving work at 11am because I have loose bowel movement aka lakers nuggets game 2 live at home!

You have your priorities right!

TIPOFF!!!! Lets get it on!

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Good Start

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Good Fish, Important for him to get a good start

lovethetriangle
04-23-2008, 10:51 PM
You have your priorities right!

TIPOFF!!!! Lets get it on!

I'M PUMPED!!!

Fedor - Laker
04-23-2008, 10:52 PM
go Lakers :party:

FashionIssues
04-23-2008, 10:52 PM
fish forced that one

High Potential
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Kobe is jacking again...

Richie2k6
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Nice move by Kleiza.

High Potential
04-23-2008, 10:54 PM
I guess it doesn't matter if it goes in:rockon:

ihatetimthomas
freaken kleiza

Justinxpx109
Kobe gets stripped always on his spin move.

dnyk1337
04-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Damn, how athletic is Kleiza? I think he can hold his own with some of the top athletes in the NBA. K-Mart is just a beast. He can actually guard 1-5...

Justinxpx109
I have a feeling we are losing today but we'll still win in 6.

HYJ
wow nice start by the nugz...

this game is bigger than bleach 168 lols

dnyk1337
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
I have a feeling we are losing today but we'll still win in 6.

This series might go to 7.

RandomBalla55
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Kleiza looks to be a very solid ball player.

Is he a RFA or something soon? I could see someone offering him the MLE easy.

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Nice start for the Nuggs... definitely, they are packing the paint for now... no way they can play like this for a whole game... Laker look tentative if you ask me.

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 10:58 PM
This series might go to 7.

This is do or die for Nuggets. Its going to be hard to win 4/5 games if they lose this one

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice start for the Nuggs... definitely, they are packing the paint for now... no way they can play like this for a whole game... Laker look tentative if you ask me.

They always have their stretches where they make like every shot. It never keeps up though

Fedor - Laker
04-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Lamar just needs to rush in the paint every time he gets the chance. Theres no point in floating around the perimeter...Thats not his strength.

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Lamar just needs to rush in the paint every time he gets the chance. Theres no point in floating around the perimeter...Thats not his strength.

old habits are hard to kick

dnyk1337
04-23-2008, 11:02 PM
How the hell you mix up Coles with Kimbo Slice.

Edit: Did Reggie just say scurred? omfg:banghead:

DuMa
UFC comments? wtf

SoCalMike
Is it me, or do the Lakers look flat and intimidated right now????

ihatetimthomas
How the hell you mix up Coles with Kimbo Slice.

HYJ
kimbo coles!!!

Justinxpx109
How are we the #1 seed when we struggle this much with Denver and have no defense.

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 11:03 PM
We are getting out hustled on the glass big time

crisoner
KIMBO!!!!!!!!

http://bigsteez.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/slice.jpg

ScottStuart
Don't be scurred Craig, don't be scurred

STFU Reggie

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 11:04 PM
How are we the #1 seed when we struggle this much with Denver and have no defense.

Who are you anyway? Geez.

ihatetimthomas
Kobe :bowdown:

Fedor - Laker
oh snaps!!!!! Kobe!!!!

Jorn444Lakers
KOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

Richie2k6
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Are you alright, Reg?

:roll:

bleedinpurpleTwo
thus far, the calls are going Denver's way.

Lakers13
Kobe is on point right now man.

dnyk1337
OMG Reggie again. He's retarded. lol@ Marv asking him if he was alright.

HYJ
wow kobe is heating up...

5-7 fgs...

play some defense pls!!!

konex
MVP :bowdown:

Spudjjay
Kobe might be going for 40+ tonight..

Fedor - Laker
KIMBO!!!!!!!!

http://bigsteez.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/slice.jpg
LOL Chuck Liddell would beat his ass.

mongePR(kb24)
kobe is on fire ?

nahh, he is hogging the ball again

he doesnt trust his teammates

okayabc123
Marv to Reggie "Are you okay man?" HAHAHAHA!!!!!

amfirst
He's heating up... :cheers:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Everybody knew this was coming from KOBE.....:cheers: :cheers:

he is going to eat Kmart....allive:rockon: :rockon:

Pha Q
Kobe Wid Da Dunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotsizzle
2nd chance points are killing us.

Didnt see that Kobe dunk coming

GreatLakes
Kobe, back to being the best player on the planet!

Justinxpx109
Marv to Reggie "Are you okay man?" HAHAHAHA!!!!!
What happened??? I was watching on FSN.

Jorn444Lakers
Is it me, or do the Lakers look flat and intimidated right now????

A little, but I think it's more the nuggets coming out of the gates strong because they know if they don't win this game, their chances of winning the series are slim to none.

I think the lakers are starting to pick it up.

Killer_Instinct
kobe is on fire ?

:sleeping

ihatetimthomas
We need to pick up the team defensive intensity. And put a body on the nuggets every time a shot goes up. We shouldn't be getting out rebounded like this

Justinxpx109
04-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Kobe, back to being the best player on the planet!
Because of 10 points? Cmon...

HYJ
LOL Chuck Liddell would beat his ass.

Is this the guy who is hanging out with the inthevip boys???

KIMBO???

Darkthug
The problem is Kobe doesn't know how to move without the ball.

SoCalMike
2nd chance points are killing us.

Didnt see that Kobe dunk coming

Lakers were standing around, watching the ball.. as I noted earlier, they seemed flat and tentative and even a little intimidated. Denver's plan is clear... keep the Lakers out of the paint.... Laker HAVE to step it up on the defense to generate offense!

HALLandOATES
04-23-2008, 11:08 PM
http://shylastylez.ca/img/shyla_stylez_main2.jpg

is in attendance behind nuggets bench, her name is shyla something and shes a pornstar

Jorn444Lakers
thus far, the calls are going Denver's way.

yea, that play where he went over the back on pau and knocked it out of his hands out of bounds...

ihatetimthomas
lol kobe justifying why he didnt win the MVP the last 3 years:roll:

bleedinpurpleTwo
kobe is on fire ?

5 for 7 is ball hogging?
making KMart pay for stepping off of him?
Odom 0 for 3
Gasol 1 for 3
VRad 1 for 3

Kobe is keeping them in the game right now.

mjbulls23
and there goes Kobe with another shot at MJ :rolleyes: :sleeping

rawimpact
04-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Sorry to bug, but any of you have the sopcast link? I don't have TNT :-(

Thanks

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Kobe looks a little slow on defense...

Lakers13
04-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Kobe with the and 1!

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
And 1 kobe!

Jorn444Lakers
Iverson can't miss right now.

SoCalMike
Farmar on AI is a disaster.... Farmar is too inexperienced....

konex
04-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Are the Nuggz going to miss? :cry:

Lakers13
04-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Kobe is doing the right thing right now, keep driving the paint, make Denver pay for over crowding it.

ihatetimthomas
04-23-2008, 11:13 PM

Thanks

Check the Lakers forum in the game thread, i think theres one there

ihatetimthomas
I hate that shyt, wait to see if it goes in and then call the foul if it doesnt

SoCalMike
I cannot believe the inside ref did not call that faul that was against Pau???!!!! WTFFFFFFF!!!!

Younggrease
So are the Lakers ever gonna ever gonna box out?

DuMa
where was the foul on that?

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Iverson is going to eat farmar alive :banghead:

Spudjjay
04-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Kobe

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

dnyk1337
Kobe is on fire. I hope he goes for 60 tonight.

HYJ
Are the Nuggz going to miss? :cry:

when is kobe going to miss???

ihatetimthomas
Kobe = Fire

mongePR(kb24)
On Fireee

Lakers13
KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!1:bowdown: :bowdown:

SoCalMike
Kobe is on fire.... wow

Jorn444Lakers
Kobe is carrying this team right now.

The lakers defense is atrocious right now. Just gross.

OMG kobe is ON FIRE. FOR 3!

Spudjjay
Oh sh*t Kobe wit that 3...

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Iverson keep countering

Kone vs. A.I

kingsfan
04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Ballhog

jp

GOBB
Any signs of LOKI?

8-10 20pts in the first quarter.

Fedor - Laker
dang Kobe....On fire.

slaman
"This is how you finish if you're Triple Ocho"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoBORxxz72I
Kobe Bryant starts to get hot in the first quarter against the Denver Nuggets. Reggie Miller, by the way, loves Kobe just a 'lil bit.

Lakers13
04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Any signs of LOKI?

He only appears at the end of the game, when the Lakers are losing.

dnyk1337
Farmar=fail. Lamar was wide open. What a ballhog this guy is.

ihatetimthomas
Kobe scores 20 and we are up 1. We seriously need to focus more on D

SoCalMike
The first quarter pace definitely favors the Nuggs... Lakers have to start playing some real defense and boxing out!

iamtheanswer
Nuggets and Lakers thoughts...

This is why the Nuggets lost Game One

http://v3r1ta5.blogspot.com/

bleedinpurpleTwo
Lakers cannot win if they need Kobe to take 10 shots per quarter.

Richie2k6
Looks like another one of those nights for Kobe...

Jorn444Lakers
farmar driving on camby... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Odom is 0/4 while pau and radman are 1/3

konex
Jordan should have given that back to Kobe. The guy is on fire...

GreatLakes
04-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Because of 10 points? Cmon...

No because of the 20. :pimp:

Spudjjay
Good D Camby

Go Nuggets!!

Fedor - Laker
Any signs of LOKI?

He's probably in his closet watching the game. He always lurks out after the game.

Heilige
and there goes Kobe with another shot at MJ :rolleyes: :sleeping

huh? what are you talking about? :confusedshrug:

kingsfan
Good gameplan, I'd rather let Kobe go off, then have Odom/Gasol making layups, no way he can keep it up.

hotsizzle
Kobe is unconscious right now. 8 straight FGs made.

I think out of the 32 the Nuggets scored, they have 14 or 16 2nd chance points though. Unacceptable.

mongePR(kb24)
Jordan should have given that back to Kobe. The guy is on fire...

i am starting to believe that he is a ballhpg sometimes

okayabc123
04-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Don't forget Iverson is also scorching hot... so it equals to what Kobe did in the first.

Lakers can't keep giving second chance points to the Nugs.. and, is Odom going back to being inconsistent? Because he had plenty of opportunity whether it was Kleiza or Najara guarding him... don't tell me he can't take them off the dribble...

Jorn444Lakers

Luckily, our "role player" kobe decided to show up this game and get off of pau and lamar's coattails!

/sarcasm

SoCalMike
Lakers cannot win if they need Kobe to take 10 shots per quarter.

I agree completely... as I said yesterday, if Kobe takes over 20 shots, I will be concerned... The Laker passing has been flat and Denver is packing the paint. They just need to move the ball better on offense.

Defensively, they need to rotate a lot faster and BOX out!!!! They often look flat footed watching the ball.

Fedor - Laker
Odom should just attack the basket every time he gets the ball. Every time we attack inside, good things happen.

DuMa
i like this game by the lakers. its so much similar to the game when they played memphis at home :oldlol:

Killer_Instinct
04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
"This is how you finish if you're Triple Ocho"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoBORxxz72I
Kobe Bryant starts to get hot in the first quarter against the Denver Nuggets. Reggie Miller, by the way, loves Kobe just a 'lil bit.

Lmao. He had to ask Reggie if he was cool. At least we know he's into it.

mjbulls23
huh? what are you talking about? :confusedshrug:

I don't want to make a big deal about it, I'll just let it go.

Jorn444Lakers
Good gameplan, I'd rather let Kobe go off, then have Odom/Gasol making layups, no way he can keep it up.

No way the nugz can keep up that defense the whole game either :oldlol:

Fedor - Laker
I agree completely... as I said yesterday, if Kobe takes over 20 shots, I will be concerned... The Laker passing has been flat and Denver is packing the paint. They just need to move the ball better on offense.

Defensively, they need to rotate a lot faster and BOX out!!!! They often look flat footed watching the ball.

just move the ball around...Get good shots.

john_d
04-23-2008, 11:21 PM

Thanks
sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/22260

Fedor - Laker
LOL I can't believe I'm saying this but...War Walton!

Laker4Lyfe
Kobe scores 20 and we are up 1. We seriously need to focus more on D

+1 :applause::applause:

We need some defense AND to share the ball

(as Luke hits the 3)

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Play some f'ing defense lakers! rotate, box out, plug the lane!

Fedor - Laker
Thats my boy DJ!

SoCalMike
Mbenga!!!!

Spudjjay
04-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Nuggs play no D

ihatetimthomas
Who need kobe we got Luke and Mbenga

StroShow4
JR Smith has incredible talent. get that man more minutes and more touches!

hito da god
Jesus christ kobes going off

SoCalMike
Nuggs play no D

You finally figured that out? :rolleyes:

FashionIssues
wow nene is out there...good for him

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 11:24 PM
give the ****ing ball to lamar!! he has the mismatch!

SoCalMike
04-23-2008, 11:25 PM
wow nene is out there...good for him

I agree honestly... props to his recovery!

Jorn444Lakers
04-23-2008, 11:26 PM
both teams going cold

SoCalMike
Walton misses so many close up shots.... all season he does that... amazing!

SoCalMike
The Machine!!!!!

Fedor - Laker
GK got up quick on that one...lol.

Lakers13
Mbenga playing some D and boxing out for us, thank you jesus.

bleedinpurpleTwo
everybody just SLOW DOWN !!

hotsizzle
04-23-2008, 11:27 PM
second unit showing the first unit how to play some defense