Sprewell was making 14.6 million that year. :wtf:

Brunch@Five
04-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Wow, didn't know about that one :rolleyes:

"I hate my mother for having me too soon"

Chuck Barkley, referring to the contracts every mediocre player currently gets

Mamba
04-22-2008, 09:39 PM
"Most people got angry with me when i went out with White Women, mostly Black women"

Dennis Rodman on dating madonna.

RagingBull33
04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujl9rx-RURo

On a more serious note:
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot."
-Bill Russell

vert48
04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
"I ain't goin' on no time machine." - Marvin Barnes

'Bad News' Barnes would not board a flight scheduled to leave Louisville at 8 a.m. and land in St. Louis at 7:59 a.m.

RagingBull33
04-22-2008, 09:49 PM

'Bad News' Barnes would not board a flight scheduled to leave Louisville at 8 a.m. and land in St. Louis at 7:59 a.m.
:roll:

starface
04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
one year when dallas started out 3-0 after finishing 21-61 the previous season, Khaled Reeves told marc stein "everything i touch turns to gold"

Y2Gezee
04-22-2008, 09:57 PM

That's great

jason816
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
every quote from Sir Charles.

- I don't care what people think. people are stupid.

- I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids.

- If I weren't earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming.

- Kids are great. That's one of the best things about our business, all the kids you get to meet. It's a shame they have to grow up to be regular people and come to the games and call you names.

- Somebody hits me, I'm going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn't eaten in a while.

- We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do.

FabCasablancas
04-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Mark Cuban to Jetrry Stackhouse: Hey Stack, I need your help making a really important decision man. do you think Avery will make a good coach?

Jerry Stackhouse: "Mark, this is a no-brainer."

The rest is history..

I can't figure out which is more classic.. Cuban asking Stack for GMing advice.. or Stack's response...

jason816
04-22-2008, 10:24 PM
oh.. and this one... from the movie "Undercover Brother" tho.

"So the conspiracies we've believed for all these years are true? The NBA really did institute the three point shot to give white boys a chance?"

Jimmy2k8
04-22-2008, 10:26 PM
"Ship his f*cking ass for Jason Kidd"

Darkthug
04-22-2008, 10:31 PM

No. :no:

Bodin
04-22-2008, 10:37 PM
"Kids are great. That's one of the best things about our business, all the kids you get to meet. It's a shame they have to grow up to be regular people and come to the games and call you names."

HAHAHA.. Barkley is the man always saying what he wanted

Shaq must have some quotes like that..

ruslan
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
"How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?" AI

the whole practice interview was a history and will be remembered for long time eventhough so many people take it the wrong way.

wTFaMonkey
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion"

-Rudy Tomjanovich

Dizzle-2k7
04-23-2008, 12:49 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujl9rx-RURo

On a more serious note:
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot."
-Bill Russell

:applause:

InspiredLebowski
04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
"Basketball is like religion; many attend, few understand." - Scott Skiles

"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game." - Larry Bird

"At least 50 times. I've jumped off a building, jumped off a cliff in a car. I've been in bedrooms when women came in with knives and guns." - Dennis Rodman

Junny
04-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Dennis Rodman.
"The NBA is about 50% sex, 50% money."
Maybe it doesn't go exactly like that but something along those lines.

juju151111
04-23-2008, 01:11 AM

"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game." - Larry Bird

"At least 50 times. I've jumped off a building, jumped off a cliff in a car. I've been in bedrooms when women came in with knives and guns." - Dennis Rodman
larry bird and mj are the biggest thrashtalkers ever.i heard on a chrismas gm larry told his opponent that he had a gift for him and shot a 3 in his face and said marry fing chrismas.lol

InspiredLebowski
04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
larry bird and mj are the biggest thrashtalkers ever.i heard on a chrismas gm larry told his opponent that he had a gift for him and shot a 3 in his face and said marry fing chrismas.lol

Larry Bird is the best basketball player ever. Sort of. Dude has basically zero athletic ability. He's certainly tall, but that's it. Give Mike Bird's body and Bird Jordan's and Bird would have so many records.

Yes, this is true. Yes I can prove it.

juju151111
04-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Larry Bird is the best basketball player ever. Sort of. Dude has basically zero athletic ability. He's certainly tall, but that's it. Give Mike Bird's body and Bird Jordan's and Bird would have so many records.

if mj was in the nba today he would look like dwade with jumper. the refs would call fouls so much and he would averge 3stls gmon 50% shooting.

RIMMER
04-23-2008, 01:23 AM
"Flaming F@GGOT!!" - Michael Jordan

kidachi
04-23-2008, 01:31 AM
don't forget Sheed's..

"Both teams played hard"

InspiredLebowski
04-23-2008, 01:33 AM
The whole Jailblazer story someone posted maybe a week ago is hilarious.

Something about I think Reuben Patterson getting into it with a reporter and says he'll hit him, the reporter doesn't back down, Patterson storms off and I think Zach Randolph says to the reporter "better be looking when he comes back, he'll sucker punch you."

Solid Snake
04-23-2008, 01:38 AM
"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion"

-Rudy Tomjanovich

I bet whoever reads this quote automatically has that image of Hakeem shaking the hand of Clyde as they celebrated.

Gunnin4HoLeS
04-23-2008, 01:46 AM
I bet whoever reads this quote automatically has that image of Hakeem shaking the hand of Clyde as they celebrated.

is it because u pulled that up as well?

Solid Snake
04-23-2008, 02:15 AM
is it because u pulled that up as well?

Yeah it's a memorable quote and an iconic image, they used to play it so much.

Lamar Doom
04-23-2008, 02:40 AM
"..he's got no brains, no heart, and no balls... otherwise he's okay" -Don Nelson on Raef Lafrentz

Solid Snake
04-23-2008, 02:57 AM
"..he's got no brains, no heart, and no balls... otherwise he's okay" -Don Nelson on Raef Lafrentz

Wow, I can't believe he said that lol.

stephanieg
04-23-2008, 04:04 AM
"The Mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays."

-- Scottie Pippen

loot
04-23-2008, 04:29 AM
if mj was in the nba today he would look like dwade with jumper. the refs would call fouls so much and he would averge 3stls gmon 50% shooting.
why? wade doesnt have a jumpshot?

markymark
04-23-2008, 04:31 AM

-- Scottie Pippen

that's gotta be the lamest trash talk EVER.

rodman's got really good quotes

"wilt chamberlain should open up his own sperm bank"

"that's how bad the spurs wanted to get rid of me. they traded me straight up for WILL PERDUE bro"

"(forgot name of player) who went before me in the draft averaged 2.2 pts and 2.2 rebs his whole career. well at least they can say he's consistent"

Heretik32
04-23-2008, 05:00 AM

That one's new to me, and it might just be the greatest quote of all:applause:

Heretik32
04-23-2008, 05:00 AM
double post, sry

Kebab Stall
04-23-2008, 05:11 AM
"I feel like the best prostitute in a high-class whore house, but all the other girls get paid more than me."

One of my favourite Dennis Rodman quotes.

ecthelion
04-23-2008, 05:48 AM

"prove it"?
"Give Mike Bird's body and Bird Jordan's" u mean mj and bird should.. should...
let's not go into that.. no homo

iamgine
04-23-2008, 06:20 AM

-- Scottie Pippen
One of the most famous, bad-ass quotes. :applause: :applause: :applause:

markymark
04-23-2008, 06:32 AM
One of the most famous, bad-ass quotes. :applause: :applause: :applause:

famous? yes. bad-ass? no! sounds like a lame line from a cheesy movie

iamgine
04-23-2008, 06:39 AM
It doesn't sound lame at all. And it actually worked.

Scottie for the win. :applause: :applause: :applause:

dawsey6
04-23-2008, 06:56 AM

It was a great quote in context. He said it right after a Sunday Finals game that ended with Karl has missed crucial free throws. Very fitting, and clever.

Speaking of Karl, and the Bulls/Jazz Finals, here's another one that was funny:

"That was a hell of an ass-whoopin'" -The Mailman, after losing a '98 Finals game 96-54.

InspiredLebowski
04-23-2008, 07:06 AM
"prove it"?
"Give Mike Bird's body and Bird Jordan's" u mean mj and bird should.. should...
let's not go into that.. no homo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_swap

Mike and Larry were the guinea pigs. That's all I can reveal because, well, I'd have to kill you otherwise.

Manute for Ever!
04-23-2008, 07:41 AM
"We don't have a whole lot of plays... Just get the ball to me somehow."
-Chuck

It's not ball, but I had to add it:

"I'm afraid I'm going to fade into bolivion".
-Mike Tyson

gb8
04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Cops pulling over sheed and damon, the car smelling of weed,
the cop "is there any weed in the car"
the responce " no we smoked it all up"

BEAST.

determined2win
04-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Maybe I led you to believe that it was easy, when it wasn't.

Maybe I made you think my highlight started at the free throwline, and not in the gym.

Maybe I made you think every shot I took was a game winner.

That my game was based on flash, and not fire.

Maybe its my fault that you didn't see that failure gave me strength, that my pain was my motivation.

Maybe I led you to believe that basketball was a God given gift, and not something I worked for... every single day of my life.

Maybe I destroyed the game... or maybe, you just making excuses.
- Michael Jordan

Da_Realist
04-23-2008, 09:46 AM
-Bill Russell

Great quote.

kidachi
04-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Maybe I led you to believe that it was easy, when it wasn't.

Maybe I made you think my highlight started at the free throwline, and not in the gym.

Maybe I made you think every shot I took was a game winner.

That my game was based on flash, and not fire.

Maybe its my fault that you didn't see that failure gave me strength, that my pain was my motivation.

Maybe I led you to believe that basketball was a God given gift, and not something I worked for... every single day of my life.

Maybe I destroyed the game... or maybe, you just making excuses.
- Michael Jordan

maybe those words aren't really his..

Manute for Ever!
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
More than one player has stated that they will "Turn the team around 360 degrees". That gets me every time :roll:

Crazy Style
04-23-2008, 12:29 PM
"I've got a family to feed,"

-Latrell Sprewell

That was the most disgraceful, pathetic quote probably in NBA history. His family doesn't even deserve food after such a dumbass comment! Perfect example of a greedy mother ****er!:mad:

gpfanz
04-23-2008, 12:31 PM

-- Scottie Pippen

U have to give it to probably the best side kick of all time? he dun have alot of opportunities to make that statement :lol

markymark
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Cops pulling over sheed and damon, the car smelling of weed,
the cop "is there any weed in the car"
the responce " no we smoked it all up"

BEAST.

omg didn't know this. GOAT quote.

ecthelion
04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
http://www.sportshollywood.com/dumbquotes.html

That's all you need to know..

Remix
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
"basketball is like war in which offensive weapons are created first, and it always takes awhile for the defense to catch up."

Da_Realist
04-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Reggie Miller recalled his encounter with Larry Bird's legendary trash talking ability in his book I Love Being The Enemy. Reggie tried to disrupt Larry's concentration when he was shooting free throws late in a game. Larry glared at him, made the first free throw and said, "Rook, I am the best shooter in the league. In the league, understand? And you're up here trying to tell me something?" Then Larry buried the second free throw.

Houston'sFinest
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Reggie Miller recalled his encounter with Larry Bird's legendary trash talking ability in his book I Love Being The Enemy. Reggie tried to disrupt Larry's concentration when he was shooting free throws late in a game. Larry glared at him, made the first free throw and said, "Rook, I am the best shooter in the league. In the league, understand? And you're up here trying to tell me something?" Then Larry buried the second free throw.

larry bird was awesome, one of my fav all time players

Gunnin4HoLeS
04-26-2008, 11:50 PM
More than one player has stated that they will "Turn the team around 360 degrees". That gets me every time :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Da_Realist
05-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Brian Shaw, then with Golden State, once had a good night against Jordan and started jabbering too much, and turned to Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo and said, "Tell Brian Shaw to be quiet." Shaw kept talking. Jordan said to Carlesimo, "I'm warning you." And then he scored 12 straight points to win the game. As he walked off the court, he said to Carlesimo, "I told you to leave me alone."

Da_Realist
05-30-2008, 01:25 PM
During Erick Strickland's rookie season with Dallas, he saw Jordan in a restaurant. Strickland introduced his aunt to him. Jordan said, "Make sure to get him home right away, because it's going to be a long night for him tomorrow."

Manute for Ever!
05-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I am only paraphrasing so feel free to correct this if it is wrong, but this came up in the Bison Dele thread from a month or so ago and has stuck in my mind since:

"Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

-Bison Dele (Brian Williams) on Isiah Thomas

RIP Bison.

Babalu
05-30-2008, 03:20 PM
"Because there are no fours."

NBA long-range gunner Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"I will shoot all you Asian *****es ... Do you remember the Vietnam War? I'll kill y'all just like that."

Point guard Jason Williams to a fan of Asian descent sitting behind the Kings bench during a game at Golden State. Williams was fined $15,000 by the NBA.

juju151111
05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
During Erick Strickland's rookie season with Dallas, he saw Jordan in a restaurant. Strickland introduced his aunt to him. Jordan said, "Make sure to get him home right away, because it's going to be a long night for him tomorrow."
HAAHA

jamal99
05-30-2008, 03:39 PM
"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win."
-Doug Collins

"I've won at every level, except college and pro."
-Shaquille O'Neal, on his lack of championships.

"[My] career was sputtering until [I] did a 360 and got headed in the right direction."
- NBA star Tracy McGrady, after signing with the Orlando Magic on Thursday.

"Unstoppable, baby!"
-Warrior rookie Marc Jackson to the Mavericks' bench, after hitting a lay-up during a 29-point loss.

canadianballer
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
:roll: :roll: these ones are really funny

"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win."
-Doug Collins

"I've won at every level, except college and pro."
-Shaquille O'Neal, on his lack of championships.

"[My] career was sputtering until [I] did a 360 and got headed in the right direction."
- NBA star Tracy McGrady, after signing with the Orlando Magic on Thursday.

"Unstoppable, baby!"
-Warrior rookie Marc Jackson to the Mavericks' bench, after hitting a lay-up during a 29-point loss.

Vendetta
05-30-2008, 03:56 PM
"Because there are no fours" = funniest quote ever.

jamal99
05-30-2008, 07:21 PM
"Because there are no fours" = funniest quote ever.
'Toine FTW!

ForceOfNature
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Funny ones:

guy
09-16-2008, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=ForceOfNature]

BankShot
09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Ball Dont Lie!!!

gotta love Sheed

Horde of Temujin
09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Bill Walton on Rick Fox:

Foooox, know your role, role playerrr!

Horde of Temujin
09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
shaq-

i aint wearing no john stockton shorts.

Rockets(T-mac)
09-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I am only paraphrasing so feel free to correct this if it is wrong, but this came up in the Bison Dele thread from a month or so ago and has stuck in my mind since:

"Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

-Bison Dele (Brian Williams) on Isiah Thomas

RIP Bison.
Great quote.

Sinox
09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Interviewer to Monta Ellis
"How would you guard yourself?"
Monta: "Ain't no way!"

That was true, don't know what happens after his injury.

Mamba
09-17-2008, 12:35 AM
"I've got a family to feed,"

-Latrell Sprewell

sad thing is sprewell was recently kicked out of his house after missing alot of mortgage payments.

Sir Charles
09-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Wow, didn't know about that one :rolleyes:

"I hate my mother for having me too soon"

Chuck Barkley, referring to the contracts every mediocre player currently gets

:applause: :bowdown: :confusedshrug:

Manute for Ever!
09-17-2008, 06:17 AM

:applause: :bowdown: :confusedshrug:

Charles Barkley, greatest speaking PF of all time :bowdown: :applause: :rockon: :banana:

Mamba
09-17-2008, 06:30 AM
speaking of charles barkley:

charles barkley: "im a dumbass"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1exiioKfT78

chains5000
09-17-2008, 06:36 AM
"I'm The Greatest Powerforward that Has Ever Set Foot in the NBA and Olympic Ground. Period!"

Charles Barkley, on ISH

gpfanz
09-17-2008, 07:04 AM

What?! :wtf:

thejewel
09-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Basketball player Chris Washburn, commenting on his ability to drive to the basket, "Yeah, I can go to my right and my left. That's because I'm amphibious."

thejewel
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
1992 - Pat Williams, Orlando Magic general manager, on his team's 7-27 record: "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play."

1982 - Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."

hoopaddict08
09-17-2008, 01:13 PM
"Mom, sit your ass down"

-James

I think that's how he said it.

BankShot
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
"Mom, sit your ass down"

-James

I think that's how he said it.

haha that one was classic

momo
09-17-2008, 04:10 PM

yep.

stephanieg
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
On his trade to Phoenix:

"As a tamed tiger now, you always go back to what you know, a la Siegfried and Roy. I've been tame the last couple years, but here

nba_55
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
The ball dont lie - Sheed

schyza
09-17-2008, 05:52 PM

Sonic R
09-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Some quotes from John Salley (of Best Damn Sports Show fame) when he played for the Detroit Pistons in regard to the Pistons/Bulls rivalry (circa 1990 ECF)

09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Corby (Reporter): Shaq lets just say that a snake bit your mom right up here, right in the chest area. Would you be willing to suck the venom out to win the tittle?

Shaq: No, but I will with your wife.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause: :applause:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5gTZjuo0rc

bladefd
09-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Phil Jackson yelling to D'antoni from across the scorers' table: "What the f*ck is wrong with you? Go sit down." Then D'Antoni yells back "2 more games" and the Lakers win the remaining 2 or something. Poor D'Antoni then gets fired. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-p_PudYj38

stewen12
09-17-2008, 07:57 PM

LMFAO

lil baller
09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
"were talking about practice"(about 15 times)

-A.I

97 bulls
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
how bout when a reporter asked antione walker why he took so many threepointers, his reply was

"because theres no 4 POINTERS"

RainierBeachPoet
09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by RIMMER

What?! :wtf:

mj publicly said this during practice to kwame during his rookie year

it was one of the main reasons kwame lost all his confidence that year

RainierBeachPoet
09-17-2008, 10:38 PM
when ruben patterson came to the sonics , he said,

"i am the kobe-stopper"

because he claimed to do it during laker practices the previous year

The Messenger
09-18-2008, 12:34 AM
when ruben patterson came to the sonics , he said,

"i am the kobe-stopper"

because he claimed to do it during laker practices the previous year

I'm pretty sure he coined it in his Portland days, well before he arrived in Seattle...

Can anyone confirm this?

lovethetriangle
09-18-2008, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure he coined it in his Portland days, well before he arrived in Seattle...

Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah it was portland.

jamal99
09-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Larry Bird

During the three-point shooting contest on All-Star Weekend 1986, Bird entered the locker room, looked around without saying a word, then finally said, "I'm just looking around to see who's gonna finish up second". He won the shooting contest.

JJ81
09-30-2008, 07:53 AM
oh.. and this one... from the movie "Undercover Brother" tho.

"So the conspiracies we've believed for all these years are true? The NBA really did institute the three point shot to give white boys a chance?"

Almost every player was white before they introduced that:oldlol:

bail
09-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Lebron: "Am I not allowed to be a fan of what team I want?" "When I grew up watching sports, the Cowboys were the team to love. If I say I like Michael Jordan, is that a problem? If I didn't say (Cavaliers All-Star) Mark Price, is that a problem? Is it? That's who I grew up watching. These are the teams and people who inspired me when I was growing up.

AItheAnswer3
09-30-2008, 05:32 PM
"were talking about practice"(about 15 times)

-A.I

:lol

ForceOfNature
09-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Phil Jackson yelling to D'antoni from across the scorers' table: "What the f*ck is wrong with you? Go sit down." Then D'Antoni yells back "2 more games" and the Lakers win the remaining 2 or something. Poor D'Antoni then gets fired. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-p_PudYj38
Ha. Phil's just upset that D'Antoni ousted his ass twice in a row in the playoffs.

rosonviyavong
09-30-2008, 08:09 PM
"Any time you can make Charles Barkley kiss an ass, that's a good thing. I just couldn't tell which one was the ass." - Michael Jordan ..after seeing charles barkley kiss a donkeys asss

sommervilleCdn
09-30-2008, 08:21 PM
I pulled these right outta ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2479460)

The setting: After Game 3 of the 2000 Finals against Indiana

The situation: O'Neal misses 10 free throws in a nine-point Lakers loss and is asked why he can't "conquer" his free-throw demons.

shaq: "I think everything happens for a reason. With my game being the way it is, if I did shoot 80 percent, I'd be a harder person to deal with. It just keeps me humble. Just imagine me in my game shooting the same percentage that Reggie Miller shoots. I wouldn't even talk to you guys because I wouldn't have to."

sixerfan82
09-30-2008, 08:23 PM
"we gotta raise our games up another 3 levels, and then another 3 levels from there, and then another level from there" -stephon marbury

sommervilleCdn
09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Frank Layden, Utah Jazz basketball pres. commenting on a former player:

"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or is it apathy?'

Player: "I don't know, and I don't care"

MJ(Mean John)
09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Shaq on freethrows

"I make them when they count"

last time I checkd... All free throws counted...lol

Glove_20
10-01-2008, 01:15 AM
One of my favorites

"He's the Deion Sanders of the NBA, I'm trying to think of how to say this without sounding crazy. Defensively, he's so fast, he's there. He's not moving to the point; there appears to be no great effort on his part. He's just there. The person he's guarding, you can just eliminate him from the offense."

Isiah Thomas on Gary Payton

Horde of Temujin
10-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Frank Layden, Utah Jazz basketball pres. commenting on a former player:

"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or is it apathy?'

Player: "I don't know, and I don't care"

that is simply hilarious

Resurrection
10-01-2008, 02:41 AM
Shaq: "Tell me how my ass tastes."

LeBron: "I am the #1 leader on Team USA" (shows it by scoring a measly 2 points in the 4th quarter of a 2-point Gold medal game vs Spain)

sulsuvtut27
10-01-2008, 02:52 AM

He stole that from a famous baseball quote.

hateraid
10-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Larry and Barkley both equal with memorable quotes.

The best Larry one ever was when a reporter asked Larry is Michael Jordan the best player ever?
Larry's response," Well, he's in the top two."

A little OT:

Bill Murray in Space Jam. Bill is drawing up a play and telling Jordan to take it to the hole and dominate. They tell Bill they're on defense. Bill's response:"whoah, I don't do defense!"

kaiteng
10-01-2008, 03:29 AM
"Hey kids, do drugs!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nBE8WNFxw)

Scot Pollard

TheBluest
10-01-2008, 04:09 AM
"I know I'm used to being the "Escape Goat" But Damn When Is Enough Going to be Enough"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmre4P5Vt8c

Stephon Marbury!

Then T-Mac does the inevitable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xf_eSfiH_Y&feature=related

El Kabong
10-01-2008, 04:12 AM
"The best day of my life was when I turned 25. That's the day my car insurance went down. Yeah, boy, I saved $1,200 that day."

- Stephen Jackson

"Like most American or foreign players, he understands about half of what I say."

- Jeff Van Gundy, on Yao Ming.

"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score,"

- Ricky Davis

"Now, if a player does not have an altercation on or off the court once each month, we fine him. I've tried to get this into the press, but people won't pay attention. And, the guys who are our top four scorers, each of them will be required once every two months to appear on MTV. And the guys who shoot the worst free throws over a one-month period, the next time we have a TV game, they are required to look into the camera and beat their chests after they make a good play. I think then we will have a little bit different reputation."

- Gregg Popovich.

"I wasn't impressed with the way he coached tonight, either."

- Jason Terry, after Hawks coach Terry Stotts said he wasn't impressed with the way JT had played.

"I make love to pressure."

- Stephen Jackson

"The average fan doesn't study the draft and players like we do"

- Raptors GM Rob Babcock

"Hey Steve, no offense, but if you couldn't shoot, there would be no reason for you to be alive."

- Charles Barkley to Steve Kerr

"If I was to answer that question honestly, I would have to lie to you."

- Isiah Thomas, when asked if any teams were interested in trading for Shandon Anderson.

"It was my feeble attempt to steal the spotlight from Sean Elliott. Everybody was saying, 'Sean's retiring, his jersey is in the rafters, he's a great guy...' I honestly felt left out. So I felt at some point, I should do something to refocus...on me."

- Tim Duncan, on injuring his ankle during Sean Elliott night in San Antonio

"We could use a little more strength at the five position, the four position and shooting and point guard position."

- Danny Ainge

TheBluest
10-01-2008, 04:17 AM
4rth Down and 26 "FredEx" Mitchell of the Philadelphia Eagles telling the press...

He has also appeared at a press conference wearing oven mitts to protect his hands. At the press conference he said "I'd like to thank God for giving me these hands."

Mamba
10-01-2008, 05:56 AM
LeBron: "I am the #1 leader on Team USA" (shows it by scoring a measly 2 points in the 4th quarter of a 2-point Gold medal game vs Spain)
get a gun.

load it.

put it in ur mouth

and shoot

and instantly the world becomes a better place.

Lebron23
04-14-2009, 07:24 AM
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

- Michael Jordan

To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don't isolate.

- Michael Jordan

zabuza666
04-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Charles Barkley, greatest speaking PF of all time :bowdown: :applause: :rockon: :banana:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

zabuza666
04-14-2009, 07:46 AM
"Hey kids, do drugs!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nBE8WNFxw)

Scot Pollard
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stephanieg
04-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Shaq:

I'm like the pythagorean theorem -- can't nobody figure me out.

'A muscle in my (rear) wasn't firing,' he explained. "So they left me for dead. 'He's old. He don't have it anymore.' Now I'm doing things I couldn't do last year because my (rear) wasn't firing.'

Cite for last. (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/01/12/20090112sunsoneal0113.html)

godofgods
04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
One of my favorites

"He's the Deion Sanders of the NBA, I'm trying to think of how to say this without sounding crazy. Defensively, he's so fast, he's there. He's not moving to the point; there appears to be no great effort on his part. He's just there. The person he's guarding, you can just eliminate him from the offense."

Isiah Thomas on Gary Payton

It's official. Isiah is crazy and beyond help.

JJ81
04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
We gonna turn this team around, 360 degrees.

zadok
04-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Scot Skiles, when asked how can Eddie Curry become a better rebounder:
"Jump."

zadok
04-14-2009, 01:54 PM
But of course, "Ball don't lie" says it all.

NYK-Bball
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
:oldlol: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

FindingTim
04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors." - Weldon Drew

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!

Jinxed
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
"I don't understand why basketball players today wear these long shorts when they have such fantastic legs."-Bill Walton

"I'll f@ck his kid daughter in the P&ssy"--Darko Milicic

32jazz
04-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Robert Horry whose 'big shot' abilities were already near legendary responded to Vlade Divac after the 2002 WCF Game 4. Horry nails a three pointer after picking up a loose ball & wins the game for the Lakers

Divac (paraphrasing)- "We played good defense on that play he(Horry) just made a lucky shot"

Horry-" Luck! Well he must don't read the newspaper then."

Alpha Wolf
04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his **** into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." -

From ‘The Jordan Rules’ book:

Fallguy20
06-25-2010, 04:34 AM
The Celtics bench just showed signs of being emotionally drunk with that second technical.

alexandreben
06-25-2010, 06:49 AM
"I don't understand why basketball players today wear these long shorts when they have such fantastic legs."-Bill Walton

I love this quote :D :banana:

DwightHowardMVP
06-25-2010, 07:20 AM
"After being treated for a kidney stone, Lakers coach Phil Jackson said "When the anesthesiologist leaned over me, he said "We named your kidney stone Kobe because it's not passing." "

"Meet me in the parking lot, I will kick your ass."

- Scottie Pippen, to a Blazers season ticket holder.

"Every year, when I'm with a new team, that's one less team that doesn't know that I can't play. There are 5,000 players in America better than me that aren't in the NBA."

- Mark Pope, Denver Nuggets.

They better not put me in the All -Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'"

- Ron Artest.

JalenRawley
06-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Some old favorites:

Charles Barkley on teammate Cuttino Mobley: "He's instant offense, on both ends of the floor, I might add."

Alonzo Mourning on winning the Defensive Player of the Year award: "I thank my teammates for letting their men blow by them."

Charles Barkley on his thoughts about retiring before the season: "I remember sitting down with the Rockets and saying, 'Yeah. I'm going to retire.' They said, 'Well, we'll give you $9 million.' And I said, 'You got a pen on you?'"

Kevin McHale on the Stephon Marbury trade and Marbury's agent David Falk: "When [Falk] said, 'I'm going to help you,' that's when I knew we were in trouble. When an agent says those 5 words, cover your wallet and run like hell.

Bison Dele on not wanting to talk after Detroit's loss to Toronto: "We're modern day gladiators. I don't recall anybody ever interviewing losing gladiators."
Reporter: "That's because they were dead."
Dele: "My point exactly."

Ref Joey Crawford calling a foul on Stokjo Vrankovic (LAC): "Loose ball foul on whatever the hell his name is."

10/22 Avery Johnson (SA) on NBA ref Violet Palmer: "Nobody in their right mind is going to say anything to her because you know the NBA will fine ou." When someone noted that Charles Barkley had already made disparaging remarks about the female refs, Johnson responded, "I said nobody in their right mind."

Marko Milic (Phi): "Who is Ben Franklin? I sure do see his name a lot
around here.

Malik Sealy, who played the past 3 seasons with the Clippers, on signing
with Detroit: "I'm happy to be here. It's great to be back in the NBA."

Yinka Dare (NJ) when asked by Jayson Williams (NJ) if he had seen the story on Beirut in the newspaper: "You mean the great home run hitter?"

Former Clipper coach and Seattle assistant coach Bob Weiss: "I never got a California driver's license. If I ever got stopped, I was going to tell the cop, 'I'm the Clippers coach. I'm not going to be here that long."

Jeff Hornacek when asked why he and his wife planned to have a child during the playoffs: "Hey, I was with the Sixers."

Charles Barkley on being misquoted in his autobiography: "That was my
fault. I should have read it before it came out."

Scott Hastings on the expansion team in Miami: "I'm scared. I think I'm
the best player here."

jbryan1984
06-25-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgGtntfHv8

Sheed "You call that sh*t down there. I aint scared of ya all".

Shaq "The refs keep taking over the f*cking game"
Reporter "Shaq we're on live".
Shaq "I don't give a sh*t".

K-Mart to Mark Cuban "you better walk that way you ****** motherf*cker

zizozain
06-25-2010, 08:28 AM
"Kobe passed me the ball, he never passes me the ball" :lol

"and Phil didn't want me to shoot the 3, I heard him, cus he's the Zen master"
"He said 'Ron don't shoot, don't shoot'; I say whatever, POW a Three!!!"

''this is my mother, this my dad, this is my wife, this my brother and I'm RON!!!''

Ron Artest From his Post-Game 7 Interview (1st title)

Yung D-Will
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/se6f6o.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/5w9npd.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/356dg.jpg

INDI
06-25-2010, 03:12 PM
" He's Manu Ginobili"

Poppovich responding to a reporter's question on why manu ginobili was having such a great first half.

"Feel's good to get out of the first round"

Tmac talking to reporters after going up 3-1 verse the pistons (pistons won 3 straight after this comment to win the series)

momo
06-25-2010, 04:43 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/se6f6o.jpg

You know the jordan quote was written by an ad agency, right?

dagreatesteva25
06-25-2010, 04:54 PM
"How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?" AI

the whole practice interview was a history and will be remembered for long time eventhough so many people take it the wrong way.

winner

Yung D-Will
06-25-2010, 04:56 PM
You know the jordan quote was written by an ad agency, right?

I'll get over it

crisoner
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE]

crisoner
06-25-2010, 05:36 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/index/P__charles-barkley.jpg

50. "I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."

49. "You got to believe in yourself. Hell, I believe I'm the best-looking guy in the world and I might be right."

48. "I don't hate anyone, at least not for more than 48 minutes, barring overtime."

47. "We better not be doing the Bulls this year. Man, they suck! Bunch of high school kids with $70 million contracts. Damn! I hate my mother for having me too soon."

46. "You can talk without saying a thing. I don't ever want to be that type of person."

45. After retiring from basketball "I'm just what America needs - another unemployed black man.

44. Ernie: "Did they recognize you in South Dakota?"
Charles: "Yes, they did. It was easy because I was the only black person there. When they see me walking down the street they say 'There he goes again'. And when I come back the next year they say 'He's back yawl!'"

43. Right after Peja won the 3-point contest: "Kenny said it was going to be an all-international night. I want to know which international brother is going to win the slam dunk contest."

42. On the Enron scandal investigation: "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool."

41. "I had to explain to my daughter why that skank Monica Lewinski has an hour special on HBO this weekend."

40. Ernie: "Auburn is a pretty good school. To graduate from there I suppose you really need to work hard and put forth maximum effort."
Charles: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"

39. "Every time I think about changing a diaper, I run a little bit harder and a little bit faster to make sure I can afford a nanny until my daughter's old enough to take care of that herself."

38. EJ: "Did you graduate from Auburn?"
Charles: "No, but I have a couple people working for me who did."

37. "*** Bavetta and Moses parted the Red Sea together."

36. Ernie Johnson, on Reggie Evans being caught grabbing the rocks of Chris Kaman: "(Reggie Evans) got caught with his hand in the cookie jar."Charles Barkley: "Ernie, I don't know where you get your cookies at but the rest of us don't get ours there."

35. On his 17-year old daughter not dating yet: "Thank goodness. I just hope she doesn't start before I go in the Hall of Fame. That way, I won't have to kill anybody before I get inducted."

34. Kenny: "There's guys who go over to Europe and play overseas from America, and they dominate!"
Charles: "Those are called 'brothers'

33. After Wang has a shot blocked: "He's got to bring something stronger than that. That's like bringing milk to a bar, it's not strong enough"

32. Barkley on Turner Sports office having a betting pool on his weight: "That is starting to hurt my feelings. I don't mind skinny people making fun of me, we all do that, but I don't want fat people making fun of me."

31. "We are in the business of kicking butt and business is very, very good."

30. When the Dream Team was about to play the Angola national team, during pre-game interviews the other USA players provided diplomatic, face saving comments about how they would play hard and felt strongly they would win. When Chuck was asked about Angola and the game, he replied: "They're in a lot of trouble."

29. Charles Barkley on his thoughts about retiring before the season: "I remember sitting down with the Rockets and saying, 'Yeah. I'm going to retire.' They said, 'Well, we'll give you $9 million.' And I said, 'You got a pen on you?'"

28. Man, everything gets blamed on the Clintons, every single thing in this world. I think Bill Clinton shot JFK, too.

27. "I know why his name is DMX. Because his real name is Earl. Imagine if his name was Earl the rapper."

26. "If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."

25. After Kevin Garnett threw a ball into the crowd out of frustration and was ejected. They showed footage of the man that got hit by the ball being taken away in a stretcher and his daughter was crying. Charles commented that players take passes to the face all the time. He topped it off by saying: "You know why that little girl's crying? It's because she's thinking 'my daddy's a wussy'".

24. Barkley on Ernie Johnson and Kenny Smith eating a box of hot Krispy Kreme donuts in front of him: "Both of y'all are2 going to hell for that. Y'all are going to hell with a first-class ticket. Is that how you treat your partner? Krispy Kreme might be the greatest invention in the history of civilization when they're hot. Y'all are cruel man."

23. "It's kinda great to see the Celtics doin well again cuz that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and they spit at you and throw things at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house."

22. "I think that the team that wins game five will win the series. Unless we lose game five."

21. Charles Barkley after seeing a picture of Sam Cassell on the screen: "Phone home." And later he remarks to Kenny, "Sam Cassell is a good guy, but he's not going to wind up on the cover of GQ anytime soon."

20. While watching someone in Australia put $1 million worth of rubies on a table: "Damn, must not be any black folks in Australia. You can't just leave $1 million worth of jewelry lying around the 'hood."

19. Asked if he had ever been in the governor's office in Montgomery, Barkley said no. "They don't let many black people in the governor's mansion in Alabama," he said, "unless they're cleaning."

18. On the goal of the '92 Olympic Dream Team when playing Panama in the Tournament of the Americas: "To get the Canal back."

17. To Kenny: "Hakeem couldn't kick your ass cuz you were too close, kissin his!"

16. Barkley on Hanno Mottola, who, as EJ remarked "is the first NBA player from Finland". Charles replies: "Of course he is the first NBA player from Finland, he's the only person in Finland."

15. On supersized Oliver Miller: "You can't even jump high enough to touch the rim, unless they put a Big Mac on it."

14. "All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine."

13. On North Carolina missing 22 of its last 23 shots in losing to Georgetown in the NCAA tournament last weekend: "Stevie Wonder could make one of 23 shots."

12. I'd never buy my girl a watch... she's already got a clock over the stove.

11. "I always laugh when people ask me about rebounding techniques. I've got a technique. It's called just go get the damn ball."

10. On the Portland Trail Blazers (back when they were known as the Jail Blazers) serving Thanksgiving meals: "In between arrests they do community service."

9. "Yeah Ernie, its called defense, I mean I wouldn't know anything about it personally but I've heard about it through the grapevine.

8. "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them."

7. "When I was recruited at Auburn [university], they took me to a strip joint. When I saw those titties on Buffy, I knew that Auburn met my academic requirements."

6. "Hey Stanley, you could be a great player if you learned just two words: I'm full."-- Barkley yelling to 300-plus-pound Houston Rockets teammate Stanley Roberts

5. "I heard Tonya Harding is calling herself the Charles Barkley of figure skating. I was going to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized I have no character."

4. On the All-Star Game: "Hell, there ain't but 15 black millionaires in the whole country & half of 'em are right here in this room."

3. On Jerry Krause still being able to keep his job as GM of the Chicago Bulls: "Jerry Krause must have pictures of his boss's wife having sex with a monkey."

2. After throwing a guy through a 1st floor window in a bar Charles was in front of the judge.
Judge: "Your sanctions are community service and a fine, do you have any regrets?"
Charles: "Yeah I regret we weren't on a higher floor"

1. After an Olympic Dream Team victory over Angola, in which they won 116-48, Charles got into a physical altercation with a member of Angola towards the end of the game, afterwards he says: "Somebody hits me, I'm going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn't eaten in a couple weeks. I thought he was going to pull a spear on me."

crisoner
06-25-2010, 05:42 PM
These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.

Kobe Bryant

Jasper
06-25-2010, 06:47 PM
NAsh = " Just have to tough it out" asked how he lead his team to a win in the 2010 playoff's with one eye closed shut.

D-Will = " I'm the best PG in the league right now" while playing in the 2010 playoff's.

Zeke = " Larry Bird would never get that much media attention if he wasn't WHITE " after Zeke lost in the playoffs

"YES"

Moses "fofifo" :oldlol:

ISH is great = jasper

Peteballa
06-25-2010, 08:22 PM
"I can use my right hand and my left hand. I'm amphibious."

-Charles Shackleford

Solid Snake
06-25-2010, 08:59 PM
These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.

Kobe Bryant

But the thing is he's not. He's not playing chess. He currently has the best offensive skillset in the league, but he's not playing chess in the same way Bird and Jordan used to do.

ZenMaster
06-25-2010, 10:47 PM
But the thing is he's not. He's not playing chess. He currently has the best offensive skillset in the league, but he's not playing chess in the same way Bird and Jordan used to do.

Oh it never ends...

As for the thread:

"My grandma used to put WD-40 on her ankles"

-Chuck

bballer
06-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Practice? We talkin bout PRACTICE?

RazorBaLade
06-25-2010, 10:53 PM

seriously? you're a loser.

Those charles quotes were freaking hilarous!

momo
06-26-2010, 04:04 AM
"It's a partial sellout."
-Atlanta Braves broadcaster Skip Caray, trying not to say the game has only drawn 6,000 fans.

knightfall88
06-26-2010, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBEK--v5AA4&playnext_from=TL&videos=EUAMxRPk2fw

I love this one

alexandreben
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBEK--v5AA4&playnext_from=TL&videos=EUAMxRPk2fw

I love this one
:D :banana: :cheers:

Yung D-Will
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
John Wooden

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2020, 03:14 AM
:lebronamazed:

warriorfan
05-07-2020, 03:46 AM
“Not one not two not three not four not five not six not seven not eight”

“It’s going to be easy”

Uncle Drew
05-07-2020, 03:56 AM
''And the winner of the 2015 Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player is Ste... Andre Iguodala, congratulations!''

warriorfan
05-07-2020, 04:00 AM
“Yeah I ****ed your mom. What are you gonna do about it little bitch?”

-Delonte West

Uncle Drew
05-07-2020, 04:03 AM
''Please send my your money. I live in the Oakland projects. I fear for my life daily and the welfare checks don't cut it on their own. My windows get busted about every other week and my table is filled with cigarette ashes :(.''

~ Welfarefan

Stanley Kobrick
05-07-2020, 04:13 AM
''Please send my your money. I live in the Oakland projects. I fear for my life daily and the welfare checks don't cut it on their own. My windows get busted about every other week and my table is filled with cigarette ashes :(.''

~ Welfarefan

hey don't bully the welfarefan, my 5 siblings and i grew up on welfare in a 200 sq foot studio apartment as well. we got picked on a lot for having bad hygiene and head lice. it wasn't until i bought my first airsoft gun to protect myself from the bullies. now i have 3 airsoft rifles and no bullies bother me, i can relate to welfarefan

warriorfan
05-07-2020, 04:16 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/d6eb7c160a0b5a313fa495d38da1fdf3/tenor.gif
warriorfan!!!

Stanley Kobrick
05-07-2020, 04:20 AM
back on topic, i always found this quote from Stephen Curry quite funny

https://wwwcache.wralsportsfan.com/asset/voices/2018/01/04/17235216/i_m_here_i_m_back-DMID1-5dcdq6ju6-480x473.gif

only for Stephen to blow a 3-1 lead with HCA to Matthew Dellavedova weeks later

https://www.kron4.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2016/06/5a6e421172704e42a4e1c7c69168a4c3_0-big_36725850_ver1.0.jpg?w=429

Stephonit
05-07-2020, 04:43 AM
From its repetition in many posts some people seem to love this one:

"I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or ratings in not sure which. I won't be silent . Just saw it live sry."

Axe
03-04-2021, 08:59 PM
hey don't bully the welfarefan, my 5 siblings and i grew up on welfare in a 200 sq foot studio apartment as well. we got picked on a lot for having bad hygiene and head lice. it wasn't until i bought my first airsoft gun to protect myself from the bullies. now i have 3 airsoft rifles and no bullies bother me, i can relate to welfarefan

back on topic, i always found this quote from Stephen Curry quite funny

https://wwwcache.wralsportsfan.com/asset/voices/2018/01/04/17235216/i_m_here_i_m_back-DMID1-5dcdq6ju6-480x473.gif

only for Stephen to blow a 3-1 lead with HCA to Matthew Dellavedova weeks later

https://www.kron4.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2016/06/5a6e421172704e42a4e1c7c69168a4c3_0-big_36725850_ver1.0.jpg?w=429
Very interesting stuff

72-10
07-11-2021, 01:28 PM
"I don't know what I'm doing so right on my shot. If I did, I'd keep it up all year. I do know that as long as I'm hitting I'm going to keep shooting. I don't think I'm hurting the team by scoring 30 or 35 points a game, as long as I'm hitting. If I'm shooting 10-for-25, or something, that's when I'm hurting the team." - Larry Bird

8Ball
07-11-2021, 04:01 PM
"It's about damn time"

"We ain't got no worries"

"Cleveland! This is for you!"

"I want my damn respect too"

mr4speed
07-11-2021, 09:26 PM
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
John Wooden
Another from John Wooden = "Talent is God given, be humble. Fame is man-given, be grateful. Conceit is self-given, be careful."

coastalmarker99
07-11-2021, 10:13 PM
Wilt Chamberlain quotes.

“They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds.”

“Everything is habit-forming, so make sure what you do is what you want to be doing.”

I guarantee you, if you could give me 10 points in all those seventh games against the Boston Celtics, instead of Bill Russell having 11 rings, I could've at least had nine or eight.

This is a team game and one man doesn't win and one man doesn't lose. In the end, the best team usually wins.

We make too much of winning. The mere fact of winning doesn't make you great.

People say my ego is grand. I think it's in proportion to me.

I was played the villain so much because I was bigger and stronger than most, and they cast me as the villain everywhere I went. that's my tag, whether I like it or not.

Villains are kind of hard to really know on a personal level when you see them as mean, unsensitive-type people.

The toughest thing for me was growing up and being stared at and being looked at and being talked about in that particular way. Other than that it was a good childhood.

If I were given a change of life, I'd like to see how it would be to live as a mere six-footer.

All of the sudden, my right leg caved in. I crumpled to the floor in pain. The doctor weren't sure I'd ever be able to play again...and even if I did recover physically, the psychological scars of so traumatic an injury might never heal.

“Everyone roots for David, Nobody pulls for Goliath”

When you go out there and do the things you're supposed to do, people view you as selfish.

Scoring 100 points is a lot, but… I maybe could have scored 140 if they had played straight-up basketball.”

coastalmarker99
07-11-2021, 10:14 PM
“I’ve always been the best center in the league, I was better than Russell he just had the better team so he won. Kareem is now the best center in the league but we have the better team, let’s get this done and don’t give them any more hope.”

TheCorporation
07-11-2021, 10:35 PM
This is 2 ez

https://i.postimg.cc/1Rdhfvk5/Welfare-Fan-fails-again.png

WelfareFan made this thread/idiotic claim at the end of the 2015 Finals, literally minutes before Iguodola won the FMVP. Nothing beats it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?379867-Finals-MVP-Alpha-Male-Curry-Appreciation-Thread

Gougou
07-11-2021, 11:00 PM
“Everything negative — pressure, challenges — are all an opportunity for me to rise.“-Kobe Bryant.

Bawkish
07-12-2021, 02:37 AM
"First of all, you're a cashier....."

- Chuck

getting_old
07-12-2021, 02:46 PM
after Hubie Brown yelled at him in a huddle, Maurice Lucas went and sat on the bench, when Hubie stormed at him Mo stood up, picked Hubie a few inches off the ground by his shirt collar and told him

"if you ever humiliate me again I will kill you right on the spot"

2much_knowledge
07-12-2021, 03:52 PM
"4 40 point games? Straight too? Im NOT Michael Jordan" Giannis

Spurs m8
07-12-2021, 04:07 PM
"4 40 point games? Straight too? Im NOT Michael Jordan" Giannis

:pimp:

Axe
02-10-2022, 03:39 AM
This is 2 ez

https://i.postimg.cc/1Rdhfvk5/Welfare-Fan-fails-again.png

WelfareFan made this thread/idiotic claim at the end of the 2015 Finals, literally minutes before Iguodola won the FMVP. Nothing beats it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?379867-Finals-MVP-Alpha-Male-Curry-Appreciation-Thread
Why is that thread closed? :(