PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Magic at Pistons, Game 1, Saturday, 7:30 ET

picc84
05-01-2008, 11:11 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/basketball/nba/logos/pistons_100.gif vs. http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/basketball/nba/logos/magic_100.gif

Detroit Pistons (59-23) vs. Orlando Magic (52-30)

vs

Game 1 - Saturday 7:30 EST @ Detroit
Game 2 - TBD
Game 3 - TBD
Game 4 - TBD
Game 5 - TBD
Game 6 - TBD
Game 7 - TBD

REGULAR SEASON SERIES

Tied 2-2

Nov. 2: Pistons 116 @ Orlando 92
Jan. 21: Pistons 100 @ Orlando 102
Jan. 25: Orlando 93 @ Pistons 101
Feb. 19: Orlando 103 @ Pistons 85

Magic at Pistons. Rematch of last years first round, but this year the Magic are stronger, while Detroit has improved their bench play.

Who you got in the series, who you got in game 1?

embersyc
05-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Hopefully Pistons stay focused and handle business in game 1.

I say Pistons in 6, but about game 1 no idea.

TruthKGRay3412
05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
This will be a tough match-up for the Pistons,the Magic are a very talented team,hungry to prove the critics wrong in the play-offs.Not to mention they have a beast at C who is a 20-20 guy on any given night.If the Pistons can control the perimeter defense I think they take the series in 6.

picc84
05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
These last couple philly games have woken detroit up. I dont expect them to sleepwalk into these games like they did against philly.

3stat2
05-01-2008, 11:42 PM
I think we might just see a bit of hack-a-Howard in this one, after everyone saw it's use to halt momentum in Suns-Spurs. Even without that, I believe the Pistons will come out on top with their solid experience and teamwork. Also, their bench really impresses me.

But the Magic definitely have a shot - Dwight is playing out of his mind. I read a quote from Stan Van Gundy a few days ago saying that Dwight usually jokes around and he has to get him to put on a serious face before games - but Dwight was dead serious the whole time for the Raptors-Magic series.

It's going to be an interesting matchup for sure, looking forward to it.

Kiddlovesnets
05-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Projected Score: Pistons 97-76 Magic with Dwight Howard foul out mid in the 4th quarter.

Sonic R
05-02-2008, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE=3stat2]I think we might just see a bit of hack-a-Howard in this one

Dash
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Miami in 2006.

Cleveland in 2007.

It's Orlando's turn in 2008.

e-Thugstylez
05-02-2008, 11:50 AM
I really don't want to take anything away from the 76ers, but Detroit better wake up if they wish to keep advancing. The Pistons played very lackluster in the first round, assuming Philly would just roll over on them. I used to think the Pistons had more heart than any other team year-after-year, but I'm not so sure anymore.

In the next few years, the East will be on the rise. If Detroit wants to remain an Eastern powerhouse, they'll need to find a spark. There's no better time than right now in the midst of the post season.

Home court advantage isn't as strong for the Pistons as it used to be. The Magic seem to be playing solid on the road right now, so this should be a concern if you're a Pistons fan. They'll have a difficult time keeping Howard in check all four quarters.

I'm going to say whoever wins Game 1 of this series will win the series in 6 or 7 games. Honestly, I believe it could go either way. Orlando is young and hungry, while Detroit seems to be playing NBA grandpa right now. I'll say the Magic in 7.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm going to say whoever wins Game 1 of this series will win the series in 6 or 7 games. Honestly, I believe it could go either way. Orlando is young and hungry, while Detroit seems to be playing NBA grandpa right now. I'll say the Magic in 7.

i don't get how you can call detroit NBA grandpas when they use their bench as much as any team and have prospects like stuckey, aflallo, maxiell, amir johnson in the rotation.

i think the aquisition of Theo Ratliff will prove very useful for the Pistons this round. he's a big body off the bench who can block shots and play tough D on Howard. should help keep sheed out of foul trouble.

I just think Detroit is too deep to lose this series. The Magic's frontcourt starters carry the team but I think a rotation of Dyess/Sheed/Maxiell/Ratliff is better. Chauncey has a mismatch against Jameer Nelson and so does Stuckey. Should be a big series for the guards of Detroit. The Magic really have no bench so even if we see 20/20 games from Howard I'll take the Pistons in 6 games.

kidachi
05-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Detroit? NBA grandpa? :oldlol: gtfo

flintstone
05-02-2008, 12:30 PM
I really don't want to take anything away from the 76ers, but Detroit better wake up if they wish to keep advancing. The Pistons played very lackluster in the first round, assuming Philly would just roll over on them. I used to think the Pistons had more heart than any other team year-after-year, but I'm not so sure anymore.

In the next few years, the East will be on the rise. If Detroit wants to remain an Eastern powerhouse, they'll need to find a spark. There's no better time than right now in the midst of the post season.

Home court advantage isn't as strong for the Pistons as it used to be. The Magic seem to be playing solid on the road right now, so this should be a concern if you're a Pistons fan. They'll have a difficult time keeping Howard in check all four quarters.

HeHe...did somebody just wake you up from a long sleep Rip?

You should have watched the games during the year, and the Detroit/Philly series, after game three?

1. Orlando has been good on the road all year?
2. Detroit has not played lackluster after the 3rd game of the series?
3. The Pistons have a great home record this year?
4. They don't need to keep Howard in check for 4 quaters...only slow him down a little. He is not the Orlando key, in this series...turkey-glue is.

Pistons in 7

Sonic R
05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
i don't get how you can call detroit NBA grandpas when they use their bench as much as any team and have prospects like stuckey, aflallo, maxiell, amir johnson in the rotation.

Detroit? NBA grandpa? :oldlol: gtfo

They haters are coming out guys.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 12:44 PM
They haters are coming out guys.

i don't think its hate so much as ignorance. unless u watched the pistons regularly you might not be aware of the youth movement joe dumars is orchestrating. he's doing a great job of building for the future while keeping us in championship contention. recognizing potential in players like stuckey, aflallo, maxiell, amir johnson and surrounding them with veteran mentors seems to be a knack for joe d. the guy always seems to pick out steals in the late first and early second rounds. also a great move this season to dump Nazr Mohammed's contract and pick up Walter Herrman who could make the rotation next year or be used as trade bait.

sixerfan82
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, not that i dislike the pistons, but i'm a jameer nelson fan. Hopefully the magic can pull it out in 6 or 7, but they are going to need to win game 1 to do that

magic in 7 is my prediction

kidachi
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
i don't think its hate so much as ignorance. unless u watched the pistons regularly you might not be aware of the youth movement joe dumars is orchestrating. he's doing a great job of building for the future while keeping us in championship contention. recognizing potential in players like stuckey, aflallo, maxiell, amir johnson and surrounding them with veteran mentors seems to be a knack for joe d. the guy always seems to pick out steals in the late first and early second rounds. also a great move this season to dump Nazr Mohammed's contract and pick up Walter Herrman who could make the rotation next year or be used as trade bait.

yeah. I liked Joe D's transactions too. they're perfect.

I hope to see Cheikh Samb and Hermann on the rotation.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
but i'm a jameer nelson fan

I think Jameer will get abused. He's what... maybe 5'11 with shoes? He can't defend against 6'5 PGs like Chauncey and Rodney. In order to be effective for the Magic he's got to be hitting that 3 ball regularly or really be distributing well like he has at times this season.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I think Jameer will get abused. He's what... maybe 5'11 with shoes? He can't defend against 6'5 PGs like Chauncey and Rodney....Nor can they stay in front of him.

iggy>
05-02-2008, 01:33 PM
orlando in 6. :cheers:

The Great one
05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Dwight Howard and the gang are too energetic and passionate right now, If the piston come in with that same atitude the did against philli there out in 5.

and rasheed vs Howard with the lazy approach sheed has ben playing wit since larry brown left howard will destroy him.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
This series will be decided by how the Magic Handle Rasheed. He will be posting up Rashard and Hedo regularly, and this series comes down to how the Magic help, how quickly they recover, and if Detroit can start shooting better.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Nor can they stay in front of him.

for real? have you watched these two teams play eachother? nelson can't hurt the pistons he's a one dimensional shoot first pg who can't defend well. yes he's improved his PG skills a little since last season but a backcourt of nelson/bogans/arroyo/reddick or whoever you have can't compete with billups/hamilton/stuckey/aflallo.

Patrick27
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Both these teams have proven they can win on the road, so don't be surprised if home court advantage means very little.

I especially like the forward matchups - Hedo and Lewis vs. Prince and Maxiell. I'd like to see Prince guard Lewis and Maxiell guard Hedo, because I think length vs. length and energy vs. energy is the best matchup for Detroit. If the Magic can find a way to crack these tenacious defenders, they could be the key to outscoring Detroit.

The guard matchups will be rough for Orlando, with Billups, Hamilton, and Stuckey all outsizing the Magic guards - Nelson, Dooling, and Evans (a former Piston). Detroit's guards should keep to a plan to outscore the Magic guards by 15-20 per game to win this series. It's their most obvious matchup, and it gives Detroit guards a focus and a reason to keep exploiting the matchup. Sometimes when the game gets too easy for Detroit guards, they don't keep the pressure up, and that could hurt them, even if they're technically winning the matchup.

Howard is a beast, but I'm not convinced that he has enough frontcourt help. Detroit could be most effective using Theo Ratliff along with Wallace on him, because the rest of Detroit's frontcourt is badly undersized - either by weight or height. I think aside from an occasional double on Hedo, Howard is the only Magic player that should see a double. Expect one of Orlando's lesser known bigs to have at least one big game (>10pts on layups in low minutes), much like Glen Davis of Boston did against Detroit earlier this season. Unknown players tend to have a huge role in Detroit losses.

I'm not sure where McDyess will fit in this series. I don't think he has the length or foot speed to effectively guard Lewis, nor the size to work on Howard. It might be a good idea to let him heal up for the first few games to see where exactly his role will be best used in this series.

mlh1981
05-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I think that there MIGHT be one game where the Pistons don't mentally show up. I think that they are going to realize that this team that they are about to face is worthy of their focus and undivided attention. If not, Orlando will be sure to remind them.

I think if Howard can get plenty of touches and get the Detroit bigs into foul trouble, that would be huge. Make crusty vets like Ratliff and some of the young bigs off the bench come out and have to prove themselves.

I think Turkoglu can have a HUGE series, esp. with the attention that Howard will draw in the paint.

BryantGasol89
05-02-2008, 02:37 PM
The Magic to win in 6.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I think Ratliff can guard Howard man to man and Rasheed probably will for stretches too. Ratliff won't care about fouling out he plays maybe 20 minutes a game this series.

I'd rather hack Howard send him to the line than double him up leaving Rashard and Hedo open on the outside. McDyess should probably come off the bench this series because he doesn't match up very well against Lewis or Turkoglu. He can do some damage against the Magic's reserve bigs.

I think the main seperation between the teams here is depth. The Pistons have a lot more of it. Who is the Magic 6th man anyway? Brian Cook? Adonyl Foyle? Carlos Arroyo? What a joke... Magic fans meet Rodney Stuckey, Jarvis Hayes, Aaron Aflallo, McDyess/Maxiell... you're severely outmatched in terms of depth.

Dash
05-02-2008, 02:56 PM
T-Mac's Magic in '03 were responsible for jump-starting this Pistons run...choking after being up 3-1.

It would be pretty sweet if Dwight's Magic could shut them down for good 5 years after the fact.

If Detroit loses this series, I'd expect some major changes up there.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I especially like the forward matchups - Hedo and Lewis vs. Prince and Maxiell...Hedo & Lewis will most likely be guarding Rashard, not Prince & Maxiell.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 03:05 PM
I'd rather hack Howard send him to the line than double him up leaving Rashard and Hedo open on the outside...I sure hope that happens since Dwight shoots 60% and the Pistons shoot 49%.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I think the main seperation between the teams here is depth. The Pistons have a lot more of it. Who is the Magic 6th man anyway? Brian Cook? Adonyl Foyle? Carlos Arroyo? What a joke... Magic fans meet Rodney Stuckey, Jarvis Hayes, Aaron Aflallo, McDyess/Maxiell... you're severely outmatched in terms of depth.A championship rotation is 7 or 8. Not 10 or 12.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Howard is a beast, but I'm not convinced that he has enough frontcourt help...Dwight is the entire front court.

It's been that way all season. Dwight and four three point shooters.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
I think aside from an occasional double on Hedo, Howard is the only Magic player that should see a double. The Magic rarely run isos for Hedo. We do for Rashard down low, depending on who's on him. If bigger guys are on him, expect him to go off from the 3 point line. If smaller guys are on him, expect the Magic to isolate him down low.

With respect to Hedo, the question is how Detroit will handle the high pick & roll with Dwight. If they switch, or roll with Dwight, expect Hedo to hit some open shots. If they trap or fight through, expect Dwight to have some dunks.
Expect one of Orlando's lesser known bigs to have at least one big game It is all but sure that won't happen. Dwight is the only big for all but a couple minutes at the beginning of the 2nd.

FYI, make your run during that time.

Patrick27
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Hedo & Lewis will most likely be guarding Rashard, not Prince & Maxiell.

Cool. Let him guard himself. I'm okay with that.

Patrick27
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Dwight is the entire front court.

It's been that way all season. Dwight and four three point shooters.

Interesting. So when McDyess and Wallace are on the floor, who guards 'em? Lewis can't guard either Rasheed or McDyess, so I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit does everything they can to get Lewis in foul trouble. I expect to see some Foyle because Lewis shouldn't really be guarding a 4.

Cook's out for the season, right? I think I remember hearing that...

Just a general comment - you do seem to really know the Orlando game plan and rotations. I really look forward to discussing this with you during the series. You make some really good points.

Dolphin
05-02-2008, 03:41 PM
It is on now NewEra.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Just a general comment - you do seem to really know the Orlando game plan and rotations. I really look forward to discussing this with you during the series. You make some really good points.Thanks, I live 5 minutes from the Amway, but I grew up in Mt. Morris, Michigan during the Bad Boys era. My wife and I have been huge Magic fans since TMac, and for me since Nick Anderson stole the ball from MJ at half court. :)
Interesting. So when McDyess and Wallace are on the floor, who guards 'em? Lewis can't guard either Rasheed or McDyess, so I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit does everything they can to get Lewis in foul trouble. I expect to see some Foyle because Lewis shouldn't really be guarding a 4.

Cook's out for the season, right? I think I remember hearing that...If what the Magic have done so far all season and in the playoffs is any indication, you will never see 2 magic bigs on the floor at the same time. It is always Dwight with 4 three point shooters.

Dwight sits down for a few minutes to start the second only and is replaced by Foyle, or in the Toronto Season (i guess because of matchup problems and coach's newly awarded confidence) this new Polish rookie named Gortat. When Cook was on the floor, he was not really used as a big (his inside game is suspect), but just as another 3 point shooter that would force bigs out to the arc, leaving the paint even more wide open for Dwight.

If Detroit starts McDeyess & Rasheed, you will see Rashard on Rasheed (possibly Hedo), and Dwight on McDeyess. Dwight is the entire front line, they cannot afford for Sheed to take him all the way out to the 3 point line and abuse him while leaving the boards and the paint wide open. Dwight is the entire defense for the Magic. Again, Dwight and 4 three point shooters.

This is why I say handling Sheed in the low post is the key to this series, a big performance from Rashard and good help and fast recovery will be needed, especially if Detroit is shooting the ball well from the outside.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I think we should consider starting Ratliff at C against Dwight he's probably our best man to man post defender and shotblocker. He would come out after his inevitable 2 fouls on Dwight and then Sheed would switch over to center.

How do you think Maxiell matches up against Turkoglu? Better than Dyess?

Sonic R
05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Just heard on 1130 that Detroit is going to stick with Maxiell in the starting line up with McDyess coming off the bench.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Just heard on 1130 that Detroit is going to stick with Maxiell in the starting line up with McDyess coming off the bench.

Okay I like that. Maxiell probably has too much athleticism for Turkoglu to handle. I think Tayshaun is a better defender for Rashard but they can probably switch without much of an issue.

flintstone
05-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Okay I like that. Maxiell probably has too much athleticism for Turkoglu to handle. I think Tayshaun is a better defender for Rashard but they can probably switch without much of an issue.

I think Turkoglu can get by Max...and not Tay....he's pretty quick?

boozehound
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Hedo & Lewis will most likely be guarding Rashard, not Prince & Maxiell.
well that would help quite a bit

Amigo
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Go Magic. Really hoping that they win.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 04:36 PM
well that would help quite a bitLOL

Just trying to keep it fair.

I meant Rashard or Hedo will be on Rasheed.

final.wrath
05-02-2008, 06:50 PM
LOL

Just trying to keep it fair.

I meant Rashard or Hedo will be on Rasheed.

why would you put rashard or hedo on rasheed he is our only low post threat and would have a field day posting up either one of those guys

shaoyut
05-02-2008, 07:04 PM
pistons in 6 or 7

mmsupra
05-02-2008, 07:15 PM
This should be fun series to watch with the addition of lewis it makes it a lot more competitive ,i'll be going to all our home games go magic!:banana:

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 09:56 PM
why would you put rashard or hedo on rasheed he is our only low post threat and would have a field day posting up either one of those guysRasheed causes matchup problems for lots of teams, but especially Orlando with 2 small forwards and no power forward. Again, the Magic always run with Dwight and 4 three point shooters, and the Magic cannot afford to allow Sheed to take Dwight out to the 3 point line and leave the paint wide open.

Look for Sheed to have some big numbers offensively. Look to see if the Detroit guards are shooting well from outside, and look to see if Sheed is finding the open Detroit bigs when Dwight comes over from the weak side to block his shot.

Dwight20Twenty
05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
On the other side of the mismatch, remember either Sheed or McDeyes is going to have to stay in front of, and stay out on either Hedo or Rashard.

final.wrath
05-03-2008, 03:48 AM
the rumor is Maxiell is starting so he will probably check Turkoglu and Tayshaun will get Rashard is what I'm guessing.

kidachi
05-03-2008, 07:06 AM
the rumor is Maxiell is starting so he will probably check Turkoglu and Tayshaun will get Rashard is what I'm guessing.

Maxiell on Hedo?

danumber88
05-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Watch out on D12 another 20-20 game

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Maxiell on Hedo?We'll see if Hedo leaves the Detroit bigs standing around like a pillar of salt like the Toronto bigs.

Remix
05-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Jameer Nelson needs to play his best ball in order for the Magic to win the series. 'Shards going to have to step up as well. Dwight needs to be Dwight and so does Hedo.

Bogans and the bench need to provide some energy and hit some threes.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Jameer Nelson needs to play his best ball in order for the Magic to win the series. 'Shards going to have to step up as well. Dwight needs to be Dwight and so does Hedo.

Bogans and the bench need to provide some energy and hit some threes.Generally, anything Nelson contributes aside from getting the ball up the court without turning it over is a bonus.

But yeah, the Magic three point shooting has to get back to normal for Orlando to advance. Remember, the Magic beat Toronto 4-1 on 32% three point shooting against the second worst perimeter defense in the NBA, and shot 39% the rest of the season.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I think these are around 90-100 point games each...with the team that reaches 100 points winning that game. Defensive games...but with a good amount of scoring none the less.

The 100 point mark, may seem to favor Orlando to some people...but it's well within the Pistons range also.

Should be a very good series IMO.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I think these are around 90-100 point games each...with the team that reaches 100 points winning that game. Defensive games...but with a good amount of scoring none the less.

The 100 point mark, may seem to favor Orlando to some people...but it's well within the Pistons range also.Looks like this season the Pistons have scored one hundred 35 times out of 82.

The magic have failed to score one hundred 24 times out of 82.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Looks like this season the Pistons have scored one hundred 35 times out of 82.

The magic have failed to score one hundred 24 times out of 82.

Yep...did you check our points allowed standing?....you could be adding to that 24 :cheers:

Btw, I'm in Grand Blanc....didn't you say that you were from Mt. Morris area?

picc84
05-03-2008, 05:01 PM
D12 wont be guarded by 190 lb Bosh and soft as charmin Bargnani.

bdreason
05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I think the Pistons time may have passed.

I'm taking Magic in 6.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Yep...did you check our points allowed standing?....you could be adding to that 24 :cheers:

Btw, I'm in Grand Blanc....didn't you say that you were from Mt. Morris area?Born and raised in Mt. Morris, but LakeVille High School.

All the way through the Bad boys and Fab 5 era, then on to Michigan State with Respert & Snow, & on to Shaq, Penny & Nick here in Metrowest Orlando. 2 houses down from Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw & Jameer. ;)

flintstone
05-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Born and raised in Mt. Morris, but LakeVille High School.

All the way through the Bad boys and Fab 5 era, then on to Michigan State with Respert & Snow, & on to Shaq, Penny & Nick here in Metrowest Orlando. 2 houses down from Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw & Jameer. ;)

Oakland county, Waterford schools for me...class of "68" :eek:

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Oakland county, Waterford schools for me...class of "68" :eek:Holycrap, they still had high schools in Genesee county back in 68?

Had basketball been invented yet? You guys were still using the peach baskets right? :P

Well good luck in the series. Don't forget to push Dwight off the glass.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Holycrap, they still had high schools in Genesee county back in 68?

Had basketball been invented yet? You guys were still using the peach baskets right? :P

Well good luck in the series. Don't forget to push Dwight off the glass.

I'll have to pray Sheed can do it...I'm only 6'1" :cheers:

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I'll have to pray Sheed can do it...I'm only 6'1" :cheers:I just hope he dont get mad. :eek:

Y2Gezee
05-03-2008, 07:31 PM
The way the Pistons finished the last series, I guess I gotta take them in this series and in game 1. But this should be a great series.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh man, Ernie & Chuck are talking about the Rasheed mismatch, and taking Dwight out of the paint out to the 3 point line. :eek:

Sorry btw... catching up on Tivo.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:34 PM
lol, Kenny just said this is the best basketball in basketball right now, right here, this series.

MaxFly
05-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I think Orlando can take this series.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh man this tension sucks, brb, I need more rum.

Styl3zT
05-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I like having Maxiell on Howard early on, he has great lower body strength to try to keep howard out the paint for now.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Move your feet Mogans, he's gonna do that all series.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Sheed posting up Dwight? DOH.

Needs to take him outside.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Both teams shooting well early.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Detroit crowd aren't that great anymore (as far as db levels go)...they used to be "VERY LOUD" in years past....Pistons fault I guess?

I could be wrong though?

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Sheed trying to post up Dwight again?!?!?:confusedshrug:

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Detroit crowd aren't that great anymore (as far as db levels go)...they used to be "VERY LOUD" in years past....Pistons fault I guess?

I could be wrong though?When I was there for Bad Boys, there were more people at the Palace watching it on the TV screen than there were in the arena at Portland for the finals.

Also, I notice that Detroit doesn't have matching shirts like most of the rest of the league. Sounds unimportant, but that's a big factor in the playoff atmosphere if u ask me.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Rashard showing up for the first time in the playoffs.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Hedo with an early rest?

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:53 PM
That's where our $118 million went!

Dwight20Twenty
Carefull, quick one on Sheed.

waishing

I could be wrong though?
I recall reading in another thread that TNT reduces the mic level of the crowd..or maybe it was ESPN, not sure.

go-lakers
05-03-2008, 07:54 PM
At the risk of sounding like an idiot...I just realized Rasheed Wallace is taller than Dwight Howard???

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Pistons a little casual pushing Dwight out of the paint so far.

Sicknote
05-03-2008, 07:56 PM
D12 is a BEAST.

bigkingsfan
05-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Dwight is completely owning this game.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:57 PM
I recall reading in another thread that TNT reduces the mic level of the crowd..or maybe it was ESPN, not sure.For one thing, they have a badass mic on the rim!! jeez

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 07:58 PM
D12 is a BEAST.There has been a friggin' rash of those moving pick calls in this league, not just on Orlando.

Crazy.

grimreaper1377
05-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Dwight Howard is a total beast

flintstone
05-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi Def was a great step forward for sports...espn looks better than tbs though.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Alright. Dwight out until the 7 minute mark... Make your run now if you're going to. :D

grimreaper1377
05-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi Def was a great step forward for sports...espn looks better than tbs though.

Don't you mean TNT?

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
lol.... hoolllyyyycrap Dooling

carefull son, the rest of the Nation hasn't seen that out of you yet :p ;)

Sonic R
05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
lol.... hoolllyyyycrap Dooling

carefull son, the rest of the Nation hasn't seen that out of you yet :p ;)

We seen Dooling when he play with the Heats

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
lol @ Dooling stepping over Maxiel

jeez

man... Magic D is just not up 2 par

flintstone
05-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't you mean TNT?

Ya, thanks. Close game so far :applause:

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Detroit is going to have to address that mismatch Maxiel on Rahard.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Whew Jameer lucky on that mismatch....

Orlando still shooting sub par from 3.

grimreaper1377
05-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Billups is freaking killing Nelson

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Oops, not so lucky on that one.

Jameer can't defend Billups in the paint.

mmsupra
05-03-2008, 08:18 PM
if we could hit a couple of three's that would be nice...

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Whew, we needed Shard or Hedo to show up tonight.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:21 PM
if we could hit a couple of three's that would be nice...Yeah, crazy, I don't know if it's the playoff intensity but the Magic have hit way more layups and 3 point shooting has been totally sub par all playoffs. 32% versus 39%

mmsupra
05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
rip just kills us i wish we could cuff his ass to the pole behind the backboard:D

grimreaper1377
05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Hedo needs to be more aggressive

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:23 PM
damn, this crowd is friggin

SILENT!

mmsupra
05-03-2008, 08:23 PM
where in the game with 0 3's made so far

JPR
05-03-2008, 08:26 PM
why did Sheed get a Tech?

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:26 PM
where in the game with 0 3's made so farJust like the Toronto series.

But also notice... Rashard has gotten to the hole way more than usual as well.

Seems like Detroit is pushing up on the Magic shooters more than usual.

Now it's on Dwight, Hedo, & Shard to make them pay.

grimreaper1377
05-03-2008, 08:27 PM

SILENT!

I know, it feels like the New Orleans crowd at the All-Star Game...totally silent

where in the game with 0 3's made so far

Orlando are driving to the basket...which is actually better than shooting the 3

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:27 PM
why did Sheed get a Tech?Yeah, shocker, it's only his 4th in the playoffs. ;)

Anyways, I don't think the Ts should count if they are in Turkish :P

Sonic R
05-03-2008, 08:28 PM

SILENT!

I don't know what it is

Dwight20Twenty
I know, it feels like the New Orleans crowd at the All-Star Game...totally silent

Orlando are driving to the basket...which is actually better than shooting the 3Word.

shaoyut
detroit in 6

flintstone
05-03-2008, 08:29 PM

SILENT!

Ya....bad crowd. :wtf:

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Man...

If it wasn't for Dwight, Jameer would be screwed in the paint with these 2 guards.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Whew.. Billups looks WORN OUT.

It's like the Lakers complacency. Pisons fans are almost bored with Detroit being in the playoffs.

mmsupra
05-03-2008, 08:33 PM
i like turk be really aggressive lately, it really makes a big difference in the grow of this team

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:34 PM
i like turk be really aggressive lately, it really makes a big difference in the grow of this teamHate to say it, but it all started when Grant Hill and his $90 million dollar contract left town.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, Chuck talking about all the matchups. Sheed never on Dwight. Sheed never posting up Hedo or Rashard.

Exactly.

Sonic R
05-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Whew.. Billups looks WORN OUT.

It's like the Lakers complacency. Pisons fans are almost bored with Detroit being in the playoffs.

Its big talk in this town.

Fans become complacent with the teams success. The Red Wings are having the same problems too :confusedshrug:

Personally, I'd like the Pistons to win the next 50 championships but thats because I love my team. I stuck up for them during the 90's when the team was nothing but a playoff doormat.

I got teal jerseys for Ratliff(my avatar), Otis Thorpe, Jerome Williams, Rick Mahorn

mmsupra
05-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Also dooling off the bench has been huge!!!He has great spark and has been doing the mr.nasty on people lol

flintstone
05-03-2008, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]Its big talk in this town.

Fans become complacent with the teams success. The Red Wings are having the same problems too :confusedshrug:

Personally, I'd like the Pistons to win the next 50 championships but thats because I love my team. I stuck up for them during the 90's when the team was nothing but a playoff doormat.

I got teal jerseys for Ratliff(my avatar), Otis Thorpe, Jerome Williams, Rick Mahorn

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:47 PM
The Silver Dome days were great :cheers: ....free tickets, and great seats :applause:Haha, I wasn't old enough back then to drive down to Pontiac, but I feel that, my last pair of playoff tickets here in Orlando cost me $350 not including parking and beer. :eek:

mmsupra
05-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Haha, I wasn't old enough back then to drive down to Pontiac, but I feel that, my last pair of playoff tickets here in Orlando cost me $350 not including parking and beer. :eek:
wednesday will be my 3 game this playoff i know how u feel lol

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]Its big talk in this town.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Haha, I wasn't old enough back then to drive down to Pontiac, but I feel that, my last pair of playoff tickets here in Orlando cost me $350 not including parking and beer. :eek:

Ya, I worked at a big General Motors plant just down the road from the Dome...they used to give us hundreds of free tickets :rockon:

Once you got in...you could just about, sit anywhere!

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Ya, I worked at a big General Motors plant just down the road from the Dome...they used to give us hundreds of free tickets :rockon:

Once you got in...you could just about sit anywhere!Ha, yeah, I've been to the Dome tons of times, but it was crazy watching a basketball game in that building on TV. Reminds me of the fog you still see at Boston Garden.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
man... seems like Magic are just more Hungry right now.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Ohh no... stinky dunk. Watch the face guarding Pistons.

boozehound
05-03-2008, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Quit whining and get back Dwight.

Don't worry about the calls.

This ain't Boston :p

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 08:59 PM
ok, when Dwight makes that face

just chuck in the friggin' ball and then run back on D

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Whew, damn, nasty, stinky, foul presence on the inside.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Jameer, at least force him down in to Dwight.

No need to push him on the way in.

Kiddlovesnets
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
This game is over, and the Pistons will continue to win the rest of the three games like this...

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Sigh, there's no way Magic are going to win trapping the pick like that and leaving Sheed open to roll out for an open 3. :hammerhead:

MochaUdoka
05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
wow Orlando can't get anything going right now, Piston's are building a large lead.

I missed the 1st half, what was Orlando doing right to make it so close going into halftime? just hitting their shots that they are missing now??

flintstone
05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Crowds picken up...could turn into a blow-out now!

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
wow Orlando can't get anything going right now, Piston's are building a large lead.

I missed the 1st half, what was Orlando doing right to make it so close going into halftime? just hitting their shots that they are missing now??No Magic haven't been hitting 3s all game.

boozehound
05-03-2008, 09:14 PM

I missed the 1st half, what was Orlando doing right to make it so close going into halftime? just hitting their shots that they are missing now??
driving for the better bucket. now they are jumpshooting way too much.

leopoldstotch
05-03-2008, 09:17 PM
i have some faith in orlando. if lewis, turgkgolu, and howard can combine for at least 60 points, i am sure the supporting cast can come through with key points, with orlando winning in 6. otherwise, detroit in 5.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
^^^^ and this the key to beating teams like Orlando and LA. Take away their three-point game, and they're completely different teams.Stay out on all 4 of their shooters while simultaneously containing Dwight in the paint with single coverage, and keeping him off the offensive boards.. Sure, simple.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
whew... 7 point game

Best 4th quarter scorers in the NBA:

1.) Labron James
2.) Kobe Bryant
3.) Hedo Turkgolu

mmsupra
05-03-2008, 09:22 PM
hope dwight is okay.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 09:25 PM
turgkgolu is the key for Orlando...I said that in another thread (not sure if it was this one though?)....Detroit knows that. The Orlando bench is the only other factor.

baseketball4life
05-03-2008, 09:26 PM
come on that Dwight stuff needs to happen

boozehound
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
turgkgolu is the key for Orlando...I
not anymore

vapid
05-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Dwight hardly had a statistical impact and Orlando's 3s aren't falling... is this a fluke or the impact of Detroit's Defense?

MochaUdoka
05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Just checked out the ESPN boxscore, Orlando is 1-11 from 3 (ouch). 'Shard is 0-4 and Turkoglu is 0-2.

I can't see the Magic coming back in this game, but if Magic start hitting their 3's I could easily see them still taking this series

flintstone
05-03-2008, 09:34 PM
not anymore

Sure.....but I ment as an x-factor, in general. Detroit has always played Howard very well......He's not the guy that will kill us

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
come on that Dwight stuff needs to happenDwight is #1 in the NBA in +/- when he's on the bench.

He needs to get back in the game if Orlando is going to win.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:38 PM
They might as well make the players in this league wear panties.

Styl3zT
05-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Orlando obviously improved from last year, its a fact, but the last series when they had it easy against the Raptors made people think they have a chance at taking Detroit. The Pistons are simply better, have big bodies and can foul to take Dwight out of the game, the Detroit "core" is still a top tier group in the league, and they have a deep bench. Pistons will take this series no doubt at all

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Sigh, game's over when JJ comes out. Good game.

MochaUdoka
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
hey finally a 3! nuthin but net from Turkey

MochaUdoka
05-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Sigh, game's over when JJ comes out. Good game.

lol i actually thought they were bringing him in to get them back in the game. Just let JJ Redickulous shoot 20 3's in a row haha. is he still lights out? i hated that bastard in college

statman32
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
:roll:

Funny to see what happens when Dwight goes against a legit frontline like Detroit

DeuceWallaces
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Orlando just fell apart. Pistons are guarding the 3pt line well, and defending Dwight. We even have a Hermann Sighting!!!!! That's when you know the game is over. Hermann, Max, and Stuckey extending the lead; not good.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Just checked out the ESPN boxscore, Orlando is 1-11 from 3 (ouch). 'Shard is 0-4 and Turkoglu is 0-2.

I can't see the Magic coming back in this game, but if Magic start hitting their 3's I could easily see them still taking this seriesIf you are waiting for Orlando to put up 1 for 11 every night, it's not going to happen.

Question is, will it turn around soon enough.

Inside outside is not quite as effective with Dwight on the bench AND outside not falling.

baseketball4life
05-03-2008, 09:48 PM
i dont see Detroit having problem with the Magic, and i think they're going to breeze by Boston and into the finals, just like i predicted before this started in the prediction thread

flintstone
05-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Exactly. People don't understand just what leBron did to this Piston's team last year. He was amazing.

Cavs are a bad match-up for the Pistons.

The Magic are not.

Orlando can only pray to take this 6 games. Anything more is a moral victory. They just aren't tough enough to play at this level right now. This will be an important off-season for them.

The Cavs :oldlol: ....they could not do that again in 100 years....get real :rolleyes: .....and get out of the "PAST"

Styl3zT
05-03-2008, 09:52 PM
i dont see Detroit having problem with the Magic, and i think they're going to breeze by Boston and into the finals, just like i predicted before this started in the prediction thread

You really think Boston is going to be able to even meet the Pistons at the ECF. Boston has been exposed, they can't take on team who runs and are athletic. I don't even know if Celtics can close out the series at home, even if they do, LeBron will murder them. I can see a Cavs vs Pistons ECF but this time I don't think LeBron will be able to do what he did last year. Its going to be a tough series both ways. Pistons will be ready. Eastern Conference Playoffs this year is really awesome compared to the west even tho I guess have "better" teams according to their records.

Styl3zT
05-03-2008, 09:55 PM
The Cavs :oldlol: ....they could not do that again in 100 years....get real :rolleyes: .....and get out of the "PAST"

It's a fact that the cavs defeat the pistons last year. They are simply a bad matchup for the pistons like pr-fear said. But this year cavs have not been doing so good after the trade but in the playoffs it seems as if they have melted together. LeBron shows that he can play team ball, he does not need to man handle the pistons this year, now THAT cant be done again in a hundred years but cavs and pistons will be a good series if they meet again.

baseketball4life
05-03-2008, 09:58 PM
You really think Boston is going to be able to even meet the Pistons at the ECF. Boston has been exposed, they can't take on team who runs and are athletic. I don't even know if Celtics can close out the series at home, even if they do, LeBron will murder them. I can see a Cavs vs Pistons ECF but this time I don't think LeBron will be able to do what he did last year. Its going to be a tough series both ways. Pistons will be ready. Eastern Conference Playoffs this year is really awesome compared to the west even tho I guess have "better" teams according to their records.
maybe its not looking like it right now, but im sticking by what i predicted which included a Celtics 4-0 sweep of ATL :oldlol:

flintstone
05-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, we need to do this again....keep their crowd out of it, and it's over.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 10:06 PM
It's a fact that the cavs defeat the pistons last year. They are simply a bad matchup for the pistons like pr-fear said. But this year cavs have not been doing so good after the trade but in the playoffs it seems as if they have melted together. LeBron shows that he can play team ball, he does not need to man handle the pistons this year, now THAT cant be done again in a hundred years but cavs and pistons will be a good series if they meet again.

Oh ya right :eek: and thats the same Cavs team as last year?....and this is the same Pistons team as last year?....Cav's would not even win 2 games off this Pistons team :oldlol:

Like I said...who the hell care what the Cavs did last year? :rolleyes: They are "NOT" a match up problem for the Pistons THIS year.

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 10:08 PM

Funny to see what happens when Dwight goes against a legit frontline like DetroitTell us. What happens?

Dwight busts his left hand after the second half and sits the rest of the game on the bench, while Detroit pulls ahead and wins?

In any event, good game.

Detroit will win if Dwight does not come back in game 2, or if Orlando continues to shoot 3 for 16 from three.

DeuceWallaces
05-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Exactly. People don't understand just what leBron did to this Piston's team last year. He was amazing.

Cavs are a bad match-up for the Pistons.

The Magic are not.

Orlando can only pray to take this 6 games. Anything more is a moral victory. They just aren't tough enough to play at this level right now. This will be an important off-season for them.

LeBron didn't have that great of a series. Just 2 quarters really. He shot under 40%. It was Boobie getting MJ calls and Sideshow Bob flopping everywhere.

shaoyut
05-03-2008, 10:11 PM
detroit wasted orlando

Dwight20Twenty
05-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh ya right :eek: and thats the same Cavs team as last year?....and this is the same Pistons team as last year?....Cav's would not even win 2 games off this Pistons team :oldlol:

Like I said...who the hell care what the Cavs did last year? :rolleyes: They are "NOT" a match up problem for the Pistons THIS year.If you do not recognize the Cleveland Cavaliers tip to the finals as one of the biggest upsets in the history of the game, then you are fooling yourself.

If they played that series a hundred times Cleveland would have won it 2.

The only bigger fluke I have seen in all my years as a basketball fan was Miami winning an NBA title.

DeuceWallaces
05-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Tell us. What happens?

Dwight busts his left hand after the second half and sits the rest of the game on the bench, while Detroit pulls ahead and wins?

In any event, good game.

Detroit will win if Dwight does not come back in game 2, or if Orlando continues to shoot 3 for 16 from three.

Dwight didn't do much before getting injured.

Lebron23
05-03-2008, 10:13 PM
It looks like it would be the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 10:15 PM
If you do not recognize the Cleveland Cavaliers tip to the finals as one of the biggest upsets in the history of the game, then you are fooling yourself.

If they played that series a hundred times Cleveland would have won it 2.

The only bigger fluke I have seen in all my years as a basketball fan was Miami winning an NBA title.

None of that means anything this year :rolleyes: ....Cleveland (and other fans) need to get out of the past? Orlando on the other hand....needs to stay in the past :cheers:

Y2Gezee
05-03-2008, 10:27 PM
LeBron didn't have that great of a series. Just 2 quarters really. He shot under 40%. It was Boobie getting MJ calls and Sideshow Bob flopping everywhere.

Absolutely right. Lebron had 2 good games, and Mike Brown's defense really was the factor. But I just get the feeling that the Pistons were just thinking what everybody else thought, that they weren't gonna lose that series no matter what, much like they were in games vs Philly here. They didn't even double down on Lebron throughout that series, which was idiotic by Flip.

But considering there's no way the Pistons go into a series with the Cavs and believe they can't beat them... there's no way the Cavs beat them again.

HeyIt'sMe
05-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Despite the fact that Dwight is considerably bigger than anyone on Detroit's frontline, the Pistons for whatever reason always give him problems. I know Rasheed and co. are good defenders, but they shouldn't be able to give Howard as much trouble as they do.

He used to dominate Detroit when Ben Wallace was still with the Pistons, which goes to show how overrated he is.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Thats the biggest problem with Cleveland fans....their stuck in the past, and they think that crap carries forward :oldlol:

No one cares what you did last year :roll:

Get by Boston...and then talk crap

MochaUdoka
05-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Despite the fact that Dwight is considerably bigger than anyone on Detroit's frontline, the Pistons for whatever reason always give him problems. I know Rasheed and co. are good defenders, but they shouldn't be able to give Howard as much trouble as they do.

He used to dominate Detroit when Ben Wallace was still with the Pistons, which goes to show how overrated he is.

Ben Wallace is overrated, or Dwight? if you mean Ben i dont have a big problem with that even though he did do a lot for those Pistons teams.

Irregardless, from watching the 2nd half tonight and seeing clips of the 1st, both Rasheed and Maxiell did a good job on D, but more importantly the Piston's help D was fantastic. Several times Dwight was stripped or atleast harassed sufficiently by the help defender to cause turnovers/bad plays. It seemed Dwight took some questionable shots that he couldn't stick of the backboard, but most of the credit for this game has to go to Piston's D. As previously stated, if they continue to be effective against Howard and keep the Magic shooter's from getting hot the series is probably their's for the taking, although I will be rooting for the upset

HeyIt'sMe
05-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Ben Wallace is overrated, or Dwight? if you mean Ben i dont have a big problem with that even though he did do a lot for those Pistons teams.

Irregardless, from watching the 2nd half tonight and seeing clips of the 1st, both Rasheed and Maxiell did a good job on D, but more importantly the Piston's help D was fantastic. Several times Dwight was stripped or atleast harassed sufficiently by the help defender to cause turnovers/bad plays. It seemed Dwight took some questionable shots that he couldn't stick of the backboard, but most of the credit for this game has to go to Piston's D. As previously stated, if they continue to be effective against Howard and keep the Magic shooter's from getting hot the series is probably their's for the taking, although I will be rooting for the upset

I was referring to Ben, but yeah, the Pistons play Dwight extremely well so give them a ton of credit. Dwight's just going to have to come up with something new to counter their attack.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Howard hates Detroit...he has never, had many good games againt them. Orlando's only shot in this series, is for un-expected people, to step up...(check past Orlando wins against Detroit to confirm)

Lebron23
05-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Thats the biggest problem with Cleveland fans....their stuck in the past, and they think that crap carries forward :oldlol:

One month avatar bet Mr. Flintstone.

Cavaliers will beat the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals.

flintstone
05-03-2008, 11:10 PM
One month avatar bet Mr. Flintstone.

Cavaliers will beat the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Won't you need to beat Boston first :roll: .....you Cleveland fans are just to funny :oldlol:

If you beat Boston....you're on

Sonic R
05-03-2008, 11:12 PM

co-sign...

Dash
05-04-2008, 01:09 AM
I think Orlando needed to be embarrassed.....I'm sure they'll come out firing on Monday.

SHEED_ gangsta
05-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Howard hates Detroit...he has never, had many good games againt them. Orlando's only shot in this series, is for un-expected people, to step up...(check past Orlando wins against Detroit to confirm)

what? Orlando beat Detroit like 2 twice in 15 meetings :roll:

flintstone
05-04-2008, 02:17 AM
I think Orlando needed to be embarrassed.....I'm sure they'll come out firing on Monday.

I guess you hope it's not blanks :party:

Dwight20Twenty
05-04-2008, 10:03 AM
what? Orlando beat Detroit like 2 twice in 15 meetings :roll:Only 15?

Why not count all the way back to when the Magic were an expansion team. That's relevant. :rolleyes:

It was 2 & 2 this season.

Well now 3 & 2 ;) DOH :banghead:

Dwight20Twenty
05-04-2008, 10:04 AM

Get by Boston...and then talk crapOr Atlanta. :roll:

Uchiha_Hai
05-04-2008, 10:33 AM

Funny to see what happens when Dwight goes against a legit frontline like Detroit

Even when his team gets humiliated again, he still has the audacity to talk.

*Sigh*

It's only been one game, and D12 had a bit of an injured finger, something he isn't accustomed to. This guy has not missed a single game yet through his 4 year career.

Magic will take game 2. We lost this game because we stopped attacking Rasheed Wallace. If Rasheed is guarding Hedo, Lewis, and Howard, they all need to attack this guy on defense and bother him on defense.

Howard needs to step up....he's letting that little b1tch Max and the rest of the Pistons bullying down on the Magic.

kidachi
05-04-2008, 10:34 AM
mr. 20-20 became mr. 12-8

Sonic R
05-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Why not count all the way back to when the Magic were an expansion team.

Aw man the Magic use to destroy the Pistons during the 90's. Shaquille, Hardaway, Anthony Bowie, Donald Royal, Brian Shaw

Dwight20Twenty
05-04-2008, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]Aw man the Magic use to destroy the Pistons during the 90's. Shaquille, Hardaway, Anthony Bowie, Donald Royal, Brian Shaw

Dwight20Twenty
05-04-2008, 01:54 PM
You know, this reminds me.

I was sitting there at the series opener against Toronto and the playoff atmosphere was really crazy. Everyone in the stadium with matching shirts. Really did remind me of the Shaq & Penny Days.

The score was something like 43 to 23 after the first quarter, I thought the roof was going to blow off the place, and sitting directly to my right is this dude with a red Raptors shirt on. Pretty much the only one I could see in the whole building apart from the Rollie Fingers mustache guy with the full on Raptors costume and scarf on that apparently is at every Raptors game.

Anyway, this guy sat in this environment through the whole game, and cheered at the exact opposite time, and I was thinking it must take a special type of a-hole to do something like that.

I tried to think of how it would be for my wife and I to fly up to Toronto for game 3 or 4, and sit there in the sea of red and stand up and cheer at the exact wrong time. lol

Among the things I would want to do, that is pretty near the bottom.

Sonic R
05-04-2008, 02:05 PM
You know, this reminds me.

I was sitting there at the series opener against Toronto and the playoff atmosphere was really crazy. Everyone in the stadium with matching shirts. Really did remind me of the Shaq & Penny Days.

The score was something like 43 to 23 after the first quarter, I thought the roof was going to blow off the place, and sitting directly to my right is this dude with a red Raptors shirt on. Pretty much the only one I could see in the whole building apart from the Rollie Fingers mustache guy with the full on Raptors costume and scarf on that apparently is at every Raptors game.

Anyway, this guy sat in this environment through the whole game, and cheered at the exact opposite time, and I was thinking it must take a special type of a-hole to do something like that.

I tried to think of how it would be for my wife and I to fly up to Toronto for game 3 or 4, and sit there in the sea of red and stand up and cheer at the exact wrong time. lol

Among the things I would want to do, that is pretty near the bottom.

I've traveled to Chicago and Cleveland for Pistons games. My friend and I went to the United Center in 2006 and it wasn't too bad. The Bulls were still young and the fans were actually pretty cool. A couple guys by us liked our players (Billups, Wallace, et cetera) but they still supported their team.

We went to Cleveland in 2005 and it was pretty boring. Gund Arena was dead until the final minutes when the Cavs came back and won the game. Their fans were far more rude than any I've ever seen

The Italian
05-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Why is he an asshole for going to an away arena and cheering for his favourite team?

Are you saying that people shouldn't go to their favourite teams away games and cheer for them?

Dash
05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Why is he an asshole for going to an away arena and cheering for his favourite team?

Are you saying that people shouldn't go to their favourite teams away games and cheer for them?

No, he just said it takes a special kind of ******* to do that.

Dash
05-04-2008, 06:55 PM
LOL...Pistons & Magic taking shots at each other now

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview;_ylt=AlA5YADG9JsXCmUBYaRCCyq8vLYF?gid=2008 050508&prov=ap

[QUOTE]