PDA

View Full Version : Some random dude applied for the NBA draft...and got in!

konex
05-06-2008, 12:59 AM
http://www.draftfeinstein.com/process.php

The story begins in April of 2007, when one of my roommates (Dan) suggested that we should declare for the NBA Draft the following year. He, of course, said it jokingly. I, however, thought he was serious.

I did nothing about this idea until this past January, when I began to look into what would need to be done to actually enter the draft. I started by viewing the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Here I found in Article X Section 1 (b) the information I was looking for:

(i) The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in wich the Draft is held,
and (B) [...] at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player's graduation from high school [...]
(ii) (F) The player has expressed his desire to be selected in the Draft in writing received by the NBA at
least sixty (60) days prior to such Draft (an "Early Entry" player)

It was at that point decided - I must write a letter to the NBA declaring my intent to be drafted. Using my best legalese I crafted such a letter.

http://www.draftfeinstein.com/pics/nbacoverletter.JPG

Great read :roll:

wTFaMonkey
05-06-2008, 01:06 AM
:cheers: :cheers: :roll:

Poseidon
05-06-2008, 01:07 AM
He didn't get in you n00b.....he just got approved to have his application evaluated by the league office. As soon as they do a background check, they will toss his application where this thread hopefully ends up....in a trash can!

Younggrease
05-06-2008, 01:10 AM
He didn't get in you n00b.....he just got approved to have his application evaluated by the league office. As soon as they do a background check, they will toss his application where this thread hopefully ends up....in a trash can!

not true anyone can apply for the draft.

konex
05-06-2008, 01:10 AM
If you actually went to the site, you'd see that he got in. I just posted one pic of one of the forms he got. He is listed on the draft sites as an "unkwown" player

gts
05-06-2008, 01:11 AM
He didn't get in you n00b.....he just got approved to have his application evaluated by the league office. As soon as they do a background check, they will toss his application where this thread hopefully ends up....in a trash can! you should learn to read the whole thing before you speak..you'll look alot less foolish

”Unknown Individuals”

Kamy’ta Terrell Davis
Scott Ernest Gilliland
Jeremiah J. Jones
Jajuan Robinson
Samuel C. Ellis
Samuel Hailey II
Rashad Ali McKinnie
Richard Smith
Zachary Feinstein
Cornell Hayes
David J. Pierre
Kenny Yi
GTS
Adam S. Fuller
Jonathan P. Herman
Terrence Robertson
Josh Zurn

Poseidon
05-06-2008, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=gts]you should learn to read the whole thing before you speak..you'll look alot less foolish

Poseidon
05-06-2008, 01:14 AM
not true anyone can apply for the draft.

Applying and having your application approved are 2 diffeent things.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-06-2008, 01:17 AM
lmao at poseidon, why u acting like a little girl? aways trying to start up an arguement. what are u fcking retarded? don't get enough attention at home? did u think this thread was some sort of threat on your well being?

gts
05-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Maybe you should read the letter from the NBA which explains the procedure for those who can read and comprehend sentences.i did, and unlike you i kept reading and found out the whole story, you instead just read the first part of the story and made an uninformed post, flamed the OP all based on your limited knowledge of the subject... but hey maybe i'm expecting too much, i forget you're a troll sometimes

konex
05-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Applying and having your application approved are 2 diffeent things.

Dude, he was approved. If some team wants to draft him, they can..

gts
05-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Applying and having your application approved are 2 diffeent things.gads what an effing moron READ READ READ!

I faxed those forms in on April 2nd.

Since I had waited and heard nothing back from the NBA in terms of confirmation, on the morning of April 14th I decided to call up the NBA. This conversation went quite well as Erika Ruiz quickly confirmed that all my papers were in order and no further steps needed to be made by me. And behold as of May 1 I am able to find myself on the Early Entry List at draftexpress.com and nbadraft.net under "unknown players".

http://www.draftfeinstein.com/process.php

Poseidon
05-06-2008, 01:21 AM
lmao at poseidon, why u acting like a little girl? aways trying to start up an arguement. what are u fcking retarded? don't get enough attention at home? did u think this thread was some sort of threat on your well being?

Start up an argument? What a dumbass. :oldlol:

Poseidon
05-06-2008, 01:22 AM
i did, and unlike you i kept reading and found out the whole story, you instead just read the first part of the story and made an uninformed post, flamed the OP all based on your limited knowledge of the subject... but hey maybe i'm expecting too much, i forget you're a troll sometimes

Eh, your opinion of me is irrelevant. Don't care one bit. lol

kidachi
05-06-2008, 01:42 AM
nice. Danny Ferry might draft him. :D

brantonli
05-06-2008, 02:00 AM

You just can't admit you are wrong, can you?

plowking
05-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Hope we (The Heat) can pick him up with our first pick. Heard the guy has a sweet J.

cortices
05-06-2008, 02:08 AM

haha, you were wrong. grow a pair and admit it. you're just embarrassing yourself now.

baseketball4life
05-06-2008, 02:11 AM
if you apply and get accepted, does that mean you actually have to go through pre-draft workouts? i know teams hold their own and they wont invite some random schmoe, but is there a general NBA workout, like the combine in the NFL

Myth
05-06-2008, 02:14 AM
if you apply and get accepted, does that mean you actually have to go through pre-draft workouts? i know teams hold their own and they wont invite some random schmoe, but is there a general NBA workout, like the combine in the NFL

That would be great if he did that. I'd love to see the PTI guys laughing about it with a video.

kidachi
05-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Zachary Feinstein. remember the name. he's a steal.

kobelamarjackson
05-06-2008, 03:16 AM
poseidon always starts arguments

he's a *****

ukballer
05-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Don't diss Poseidon, he's a millionaire now! :oldlol:

I hope this guy seriously does schedule some workouts :applause: Maybe he'll attend the draft in June as well! :oldlol:

john_d
05-06-2008, 04:30 AM
i wonder if there was a player under the "unknown individuals" that was actually drafted and actually played in the nba

Lebron23
05-06-2008, 04:48 AM
i wonder if there was a player under the "unknown individuals" that was actually drafted and actually played in the nba

Zach Feinstein Stats

http://www.draftfeinstein.com/stats.php

http://draftfeinstein.com/

VCMVP1551
05-06-2008, 05:40 AM

Yeah there is a general pre-draft camp where players are measured, weighed ect. and some players play in tournaments(usually not the lottery picks).

The lottery picks are usually only weighed, measured and have their athletisism tested. Kind of cool to look back what some of the results. For example comparing Greg Oden's tests to Shaq's.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=1992&sort2=ASC&draft=15&sort=
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=2007&sort2=ASC&draft=15&sort=

Heretik32
05-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Zach Feinstein Stats

http://www.draftfeinstein.com/stats.php

http://draftfeinstein.com/

Shame Isiah's not around anymore...

Valliant13
05-06-2008, 10:01 AM
This kid may not have the measurables...but I like his heart. I think just found the new Raptors 4th backup SG.

Valliant13
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM

A lesser man would make a choice between stupidity, and being a total douch.ebag...you sir had the courage to embrace both, similtaneously. I salute you.

kidachi
05-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Shame Isiah's not around anymore...

Isiah drafts decently..

Damon Stoudamire
Camby
T-Mac
Tinsley
Fred Jones
Trevor Ariza
David Lee
Channing Frye
Balkman
Mardy Collins

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
somebody got owned in this thread. :roll:

Aidan
05-06-2008, 01:56 PM
In all fairness, Isiah has always drafted well.

This guy should give MJ a call!

InfiniteBaskets
05-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Strengths

* Decision Making
* Strong Work Ethic
* High Basketball IQ
* Endurance
* Raises The Level Of Play Of His Teammates
* Gives Same Level Of Intensity On Both Ends Of The Court
* Does Not Get Too High Or Too Low
* Very Team-Oriented With A Great Attitude
* Look Out When He Puts On His Driving Shoes
* Has Driving Shoes, Literally

Weaknesses

* Lacks Actual Basketball Skills, Ability, and Experience

His site his hilarious.

Revelation
05-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Under "My Stats":

Assists: I Work Alone

fatboy11
05-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Isiah drafts decently..

Damon Stoudamire
Camby
T-Mac
Tinsley
Fred Jones
Trevor Ariza
David Lee
Channing Frye
Balkman
Mardy CollinsDon't forget about Wilson Chandler.

Spudjjay
05-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Under "My Stats":

Assists: I Work Alone

:oldlol:

under Blk he wrote whte

:roll: :roll:

Run&Gun=Fun
05-06-2008, 07:44 PM
:oldlol:

14/130 from 3 one year

1 game 75 minutes played :oldlol: