PDA

View Full Version : The Official NBA '08 Draft Lottery Thread

Pages : [1] 2

NY Comeback
05-18-2008, 08:39 PM
With all the Playoff talk, ISH could use some Lottery discussion aswell. Miami is the projected team to get the No.1 pick, with Seattle, Minnesota, and Memphis following. So to all of the fans from losing squads, enter and discuss your team needs for next season, and if this draft/draft position could help you.

Here's another fact, your team can do no worse than three spots less of how your team finished in the regular season's standings, meaning New York, who finished 5 worst can't get worse than 8th.

So here, just make predictions, your teams best case scenario, and all discussion for this Tuesday's draft. (On a side note, here's to us getting No.1, New Yorkers! :cheers: )

Here's all fourteen of the teams chances of winning the Lottery:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3166/14764742ia6.jpg

(Can a Mod please Sticky this thread? Thanks)

TruthKGRay3412
05-18-2008, 08:41 PM
When is the lottery?

BFRESH44
05-18-2008, 08:42 PM
^ Tuesday..

This Anticipation of this draft lottery > This years NBA playoffs.

B-Easy or D-Rose a Heater...Let's get it.

NY Comeback
05-18-2008, 08:42 PM
When is the lottery?
This Tuesday. May 20th 8:00PM EST On ESPN, Before Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

LBJ 4 MVP
05-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Lets hope the Warriors get the #1 pick!

KNOW1EDGE
05-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Blazers are gonna get the #1 pick again this year, and draft Derick Rose. Then we are gonna rule the NBA for the next 10-20 years.

No, but in all honesty i want Portland to just trade the #13(if that is indeed where we end up)

I want Seattle to get the #1 and NY to get the #2 picks.

Good luck everybody!

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2008, 08:50 PM
With the 11th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers select Kevin Love.

Nets fan 93
05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I hope the Nets get at least the 2nd and get Micheal Beasly I would be so happy :D
But if they dont w/ the 10th pick Nets should get JaVale McGee

Skywalker
05-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Im dreaming of Rose being a TWolf but I would settle with Beasley as well. Anyone else and Id trade down for someone like Eric Gordon.

NY Comeback
05-18-2008, 08:54 PM
You really think Love will fall that low? I don't see him going any lower than 6, but most Mock Drafts on the net have him pretty low....I find that interesting.

BigTicket
05-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Cavs aren't in the lottery so my main hope for this year is that Miami doesn't get a top 2 pick, beyond that I'm fine with all of the possible scenarios. Would really annoy the hell out of me if they get rewarded with a player of Rose/Beasley's level after putting on the worst show I have ever seen from any proffesional ballclub, just outright horrible play, complete lack of sportsmanship and blatant tanking.

Also I would like to see Rose with the Sonics or Clippers, but that's really a minor thing.

BFRESH44
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Cavs aren't in the lottery so my main hope for this year is that Miami doesn't get a top 2 pick, beyond that I'm fine with all of the possible scenarios. Would really annoy the hell out of me if they get rewarded with a player of Rose/Beasley's level after putting on the worst show I have ever seen from any proffesional ballclub, just outright horrible play, complete lack of sportsmanship and blatant tanking.

Also I would like to see Rose with the Sonics or Clippers, but that's really a minor thing.

Get ready to be annoyed then, f*ck boy...:pimp:

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2008, 09:04 PM
You really think Love will fall that low? I don't see him going any lower than 6, but most Mock Drafts on the net have him pretty low....I find that interesting.
I'd say it's around 50/50 that he'll be around at 11. I could see a team like Charlotte or Chicago taking him higher. The more recent reports I've seen on ESPN say he's already begun to drop weight, and the kid's already the most polished big man draftee since Bogut in my mind, and as a freshman. If the reports of him getting into much better shape pan out I could see him turning some heads at the pre-draft workouts and getting picked something like top 7.

206kid
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
With the number 1 pick of the 2008 NBA Draft the Miami Heat select Derrick Rose out of Memphis University

StroShow4
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
does anyone know who is the lowest team on the board in NBA history to have won the lottery?

A Loyal NJ Fan
05-18-2008, 09:11 PM
does anyone know who is the lowest team on the board in NBA history to have won the lottery?

Pretty sure it was the Nets.

StroShow4
05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Pretty sure it was the Nets.

do you know what year it was and which pick they were supposed to get?

MrEncinas
05-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Get ready to be annoyed then, f*ck boy...:pimp:
I can see this being quoted after the lottery when we get the fourth pick :(

Interminator
05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
^^Theres no way Miami can get lower than the 3rd pick,I dont see Miami getting the #1 pick and I could definetly see them getting #2 or #3.

Prediction:
1.New York Knicks
2.Miami Heat
3.Seattle Sonics
4.Los Angeles Clippers
5.Memphis Grizzlies
6.Minnesota T'Wolves
7.Milwaukee Bucks
8.Charlotte Bobcats
9.Chicago Bulls
10.New Jersey Nets
11.Indiana Pacers
12.Sacramento Kings
13.Portland Trailblazers
14.Golden State Warriors

Thats just what I'm predicting heading into the lottery.

Interminator
05-18-2008, 09:34 PM
With the First pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select DeAndre Jordan from Texas A&M University("Loud Booing")

I know its sad to think that would happen but Donnie Walsh is one of the worst drafters in the NBA,he drafts a good player once every 10 years really.

The last good player he drafted was Danny Granger in 2005,before him it was Al Harrington in 98,before him it was Rik Smits in 1988.

Walsh will either draft you a career role player,or a bust.

Skywalker
05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Prediction:

1.New York Knicks
2.Miami Heat
3.Seattle Sonics
4.Los Angeles Clippers
5.Memphis Grizzlies
6.Minnesota T'Wolves

omg Id die

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2008, 09:45 PM
With the First pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select DeAndre Jordan from Texas A&M University("Loud Booing")

I know its sad to think that would happen but Donnie Walsh is one of the worst drafters in the NBA,he drafts a good player once every 10 years really.

The last good player he drafted was Danny Granger in 2005,before him it was Al Harrington in 98,before him it was Rik Smits in 1988.

Walsh will either draft you a career role player,or a bust.

Vern Fleming (18)
Wayman Tisdale (2)
Chuck Person (4)
Reggie Miller (11)
Rik Smits (2)
George McLoud (7)
Dale Davis (13)
Malik Sealy (14)
Scott Haskin (14)
Eric Piatowski (15)
Travis Best (23)
Eric Dampier (10)
Austin Crosher (12)
Al Harrington (25)
Vonteego Cummings (25)
Primoz Brezec (27)
Fred Jones (14)
David Harrison (29)
Danny Granger (17)
Shawne Williams (17)

mjbulls23
05-18-2008, 09:48 PM
9.Chicago Bulls

:banghead:

Interminator
05-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Prediction:

omg Id die
:oldlol: :oldlol:

If Minnesota doesn't get Beasley or in the range for Beasley they should either take Brook Lopez or just trade the pick.

Theres no need for a 2 with McCants,and Foye in rotation at the 2.
Theres no need for a 4,with Al Jefferson.
Theres no need for a Combo Guard,with Telfair as a young developing PG and Jaric.

MrEncinas
05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
^^Theres no way Miami can get lower than the 3rd pick,I dont see Miami getting the #1 pick and I could definetly see them getting #2 or #3.
Though it's the least likely scenario (getting the fourth pick) it's still very possible

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3166/14764742ia6.jpg

Knuck the Ficks
05-18-2008, 09:51 PM
From memory it was the Magic (they drafter Webber the year after Shaq). But the odds were different then for the higher placed teams.

I think they changed the probabilities to ensure it wouldn't happen again.

Interminator
05-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Vern Fleming (18)
Wayman Tisdale (2)-Sacramento
Chuck Person (4)[/b]
Reggie Miller (11)
Rik Smits (2)
George McLoud (7)
Dale Davis (13)
Malik Sealy (14)
Scott Haskin (14)-BUST
Eric Piatowski (15)
Travis Best (23)
Eric Dampier (10)
Austin Crosher (12)
Al Harrington (25)
Vonteego Cummings (25)-BUST
Primoz Brezec (27)-BUST
Fred Jones (14)
David Harrison (29)-BUST
Danny Granger (17)
Shawne Williams (17)
Career Role Player
Star Player

Yeah you're more than likely to get a solid role player with him drafting.:confusedshrug:

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Career Role Player
Star Player

Yeah you're more than likely to get a solid role player with him drafting.:confusedshrug:

What do you want when you're drafting outside the lotto the vast majority of your career?

StroShow4
05-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Primoz Brezec (27)-GOAT

fixed.

FireMcFailPlease
05-18-2008, 10:23 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

If Minnesota doesn't get Beasley or in the range for Beasley they should either take Brook Lopez or just trade the pick.

Theres no need for a 2 with McCants,and Foye in rotation at the 2.
Theres no need for a 4,with Al Jefferson.
Theres no need for a Combo Guard,with Telfair as a young developing PG and Jaric.
If OJ Mayo is at 3, itd be smart to take him. Youre still drafting the talent, not the need at top 3.

Either way. Im praying for a top 2 pick...literally praying.

We have had 0 lottery luck in 20 years of existance. Especially in 92 when Shaq went to Orlando and we ended up with stupid Christian Laettner

Nets fan 93
05-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it was 01 when they got K-Mart It was either 12-14...

Nets fan 93
05-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I heard the nets are shopping Marcus maybe to move further up in the draft:D

ZHAKIDD532
05-18-2008, 10:40 PM
It was 2000 Draft, they got Kenyon Martin #1 overall and I believe they were supposed to pick #6 or #7, I can't remember which exactly...

ZHAKIDD532
05-18-2008, 10:43 PM
I heard the nets are shopping Marcus maybe to move further up in the draft:D
ERIC GORDON HERE WE COME!!!

DatPrince
05-18-2008, 10:46 PM
the knicks will draft Derrick Rose i guarantee it

InspiredLebowski
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
I could see Beasley being a Shawn Marion type, offensively anyway, under D'Antoni, but they'd take Rose

bagelred
05-18-2008, 10:49 PM
My prediction for the draft is Sonics win. The team that doesn't deserve it because they just got Kevin Durant. Plus, the team is moving/not moving so this will bring that controversy to forefront, just like David Stern doesn't want. :lol

http://www.multiaxis.com/artcam/sonics%20logo.jpg

shaoyut
05-18-2008, 11:36 PM
seatle with number 1 pick and portland with the number 2 i hope

KNOW1EDGE
05-18-2008, 11:38 PM
seatle with number 1 pick and portland with the number 2 i hope

That would be rediculousley awesome.:D

shaoyut
05-19-2008, 12:06 AM
^ Tuesday..

This Anticipation of this draft lottery > This years NBA playoffs.

B-Easy or D-Rose a Heater...Let's get it.
lol cause you are from miami

FireMcFailPlease
05-19-2008, 12:11 AM
That would be rediculousley awesome.:D
by awesome youd mean really gay right

Lebron23
05-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I am hoping that the Memphis Grizzlies get the no.1 pick in the NBA Draft, and I think they suffered enough after trading Gasol to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for players, who have no chance of becoming an all star in the NBA.

chains5000
05-19-2008, 10:10 AM
I am hoping that the Memphis Grizzlies get the no.1 pick in the NBA Draft, and I think they suffered enough after trading Gasol to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for players, who have no chance of becoming an all star in the NBA.
The 1st pick MUST go to an Eastern team.

Lebron23
05-19-2008, 10:16 AM
The 1st pick MUST go to an Eastern team.

I also expect the Knicks to get the no.1 pick in the NBA because they have a new front office, and Stern wants to turn them into a major contender in the Eastern Conference by 2010.

DatPrince
05-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I also expect the Knicks to get the no.1 pick in the NBA because they have a new front office, and Stern wants to turn them into a major contender in the Eastern Conference by 2010.

:cheers:

couldn't agree with you more they are def. getting a top 2 its just a gut feeling

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

THE KNICKS ARE FINALLY WATCHABLE

Interminator
05-19-2008, 11:52 AM
:cheers:

couldn't agree with you more they are def. getting a top 2 its just a gut feeling

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

THE KNICKS ARE FINALLY WATCHABLE

Derrick Rose is not going to make an entire offense better.

Thats a ridiculous pipe dream that many Knicks fans are probably going to have,if he starts and averages at least 35 MPG expect something around 12 PPG 6 APG.

I'm not convinced that the Knicks will draft Rose if they are set to keep Marbury.:confusedshrug:

blazerftc
05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm going to agree on the Knicks, but not because of any conspiracy. The way I've seen the lottery crack up the last few years, the team with the worst record hasn't had the mojo. It's usually been the team with the 3rd to 5th worst. And NY is tied for 4th. Silly logic, you ask? Maybe. But it's still early in the morning :oldlol:

MrEncinas
05-19-2008, 01:12 PM

just a 7% chance of a first and an 8% chance of a second. It's pretty unlikely they get a top 2 pick.

bjtrdff
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
just a 7% chance of a first and an 8% chance of a second. It's pretty unlikely they get a top 2 pick.

People just don't understand statistics, and the draft lottery, and always talk about the team with the best odds not getting it. That's because even though they have the best odds (25%) it means that 75% of the time, they won't, so as a whole, it's much more likely the team with the worst record doesn't get it. So yeah, at best over the long haul, the top team only gets it one in 4 years, which is close to what we've seen overall since this lotto started.

And as exactly stated above, they only have a 7% chance of snagging the first pick, and an 8% chance of getting the second. So I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were in NY.

I think the best case scenario for all non-Knick fans is that 3 teams lower than the Knicks odds-wise win the lotto, get bumped, and the NYK get moved down. Has an entire fan-base ever committed suicide at the same time before?

FireMcFailPlease
05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I hope they let Knicks fans into the room.

New york fans are entertainment at its finest. Draft time when they boo or cheer is funny as hell to watch on TV...but itd be funny if they just bumped to 7th or 8th and the reaction on them would be priceless...like that boston guy last year who was about ot cry

JPR
05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Bulls, by all accounts, are a proverbial lock for #9 or #10. That's Joakim Noah territory. That should be good enough for UCLA's Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love.

DatPrince
05-19-2008, 05:11 PM

Thats a ridiculous pipe dream that many Knicks fans are probably going to have,if he starts and averages at least 35 MPG expect something around 12 PPG 6 APG.

I'm not convinced that the Knicks will draft Rose if they are set to keep Marbury.:confusedshrug:

but he'll get them into the right direction better than marbury....and yes the knicks will draft rose i just got this feeling lmao

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE :party: loll

Interminator
05-19-2008, 05:21 PM
but he'll get them into the right direction better than marbury....and yes the knicks will draft rose i just got this feeling lmao

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE :party: loll
Not really :confusedshrug:

I'm not a Rose hater but I really could see him becoming the next Antonio Daniels more than him becoming the next Gary Payton.:confusedshrug:

i seen hippos
05-19-2008, 05:37 PM
I hope Wolves get the top pick and Knicks get the second pick.

pg
Foye
Brewer
Beasley
Jefferson

Will be sick in the future. Just need to find a real pg in the future although it won't ever be one of the top ones unless it comes through the draft because of how much money will be invested into the team already.

Rose
Crawford
? no one worthy of starting
Randolph
Lee

Trade Marbury and Curry for some picks or a starting caliber sf/c.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Not really :confusedshrug:

I'm not a Rose hater but I really could see him becoming the next Antonio Daniels more than him becoming the next Gary Payton.:confusedshrug:

you sound retarded.

Interminator
05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
you sound retarded.
If only you could hear me.:oldlol:

ihatetimthomas
05-19-2008, 05:53 PM

They will keep Maybury bc he is an expiring contract and let it run out or trade the expiring contract away. He will not be a Knick past this season. Pg position has been a problem for years w/ the Knicks. They need a guy like him

Interminator
05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
They will keep Maybury bc he is an expiring contract and let it run out or trade the expiring contract away. He will not be a Knick past this season. Pg position has been a problem for years w/ the Knicks. They need a guy like him
Everyone knows he won't be a Knick past this season because he's heading overseas to play in 2009.

By drafting Derrick Rose what do you do with Nate Robinson,he is a great fit for D'Antoni's system but you can't possibly play him at the 2,they'd probably have to rotate Rose in as Jamaal Crawford's back-up at the 2 when Robinson checks in the game.

The smart thing for New York to do would be to trade Starbury,Crawford,and Q-Dog.

Start Derrick Rose at PG,Acquire Via Trade a SG,Start Chandler at SF.

But they're not smart enough to realize this because they want to be competitive next season.

Myth
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Repeating a question from the Draft thread (since I didn't see the Lottery thread earlier):

I didn't see the answer to this question on NBA.com's lottery page. What time is the lottery? I know its tomorrow, but what time?

Interminator
05-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Repeating a question from the Draft thread (since I didn't see the Lottery thread earlier):

I didn't see the answer to this question on NBA.com's lottery page. What time is the lottery? I know its tomorrow, but what time?
8:00 P.M. ET

Myth
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Cool. Thanks.

NY Comeback
05-20-2008, 12:00 AM
*Bumpage*

Come on folks, the Lottery is less than 24 hours away! :cheers:

kidachi
05-20-2008, 12:56 AM

I think he's Andrew Bogut 2.0,,

DatPrince
05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
*Bumpage*

Come on folks, the Lottery is less than 24 hours away! :cheers:

:banana: :banana: i been waiting so long for the draft lottery its not even funny

:cheers: to the knicks finally moving in the right direction

i GOT A FEELING WE GET DERRICK ROSE

but the knicks will draft either:
1. derrick rose:party: :banana:
2. michael beasley:party:
3. o.j mayo:party:
4. d.j augustin:rockon:
5. jayred bayless :applause:

InspiredLebowski
05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I think he's Andrew Bogut 2.0,,

Fine with me with the 11th pick.

berraco
05-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Memphis should get a top 2 pick. Beasley is more than necessary for the Grizzlies. I'm almost sure that Rose will be #1 pick for almost any team with real chances in the lottery, so Beasley would be available at #2.

veilside23
05-20-2008, 11:59 AM
there is no way that augustin will be the 5th pick... it would be crazy i mean he is really good but i dont think he deserves to be pick that high...

I think it will be miami who gets the first pick... rose + wade + matrix is quite interesting just really depends on their back up...

number 2 pick is a toss between seatle and minny. i do hope minnies get it ....

about kevin love i dont think he is bogut 2.0 he will be just kevin love he can take his game to the nba.... love will be better than that bogus pick i mean bogut hahahaha if pacers get him he can be a good addition... plus a steal for the 11th pick ..

T.O.RAPS
05-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Jay-Z is going to rep the Nets at the lotto.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/05/20/19899419.aspx

NY Comeback
05-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Come on, peeps! Play the mock draft while you wait in anticipation! Took me like, 12 tries to get the Knicks at #1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/lottery2008/mockdraft

i seen hippos
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I didn't want to make one if this will be used, but I think we should stickie a mock draft thread for after the lottery tonight.

Qwyjibo
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I just hope the top 2 go out West again just like last year. If teams like New York, Miami, Chicago or even New Jersey get up there then that'll probably send the Raptors back to the lottery next year.

i seen hippos
05-20-2008, 06:20 PM
That's a good thing. lol We could use Rubio as our future star guard or Thabeet once Bargnani gets deported.

To be honest I thought the same thing about two Western teams getting the picks though. In fact I want Seattle to get the #1 and Portland the #2 this year.

Rose
Durant
Green
Wilcox
Crap

and

Crap
Roy
Beasley
Aldridge
Oden

I don't like Beasley at the 3 cause I think he's too slow, but it would be interesting nonetheless. The teams would be one C and one PG away respectively from being great teams.

Aldridge and Beasley could almost be interchangeable on offense depending on the matchup.

The teams drafting the other player would make it simpler, but I don't like Beasley and Durant together.

FireMcFailPlease
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I am officially now, nervous.

Qwyjibo
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't mind if Memphis got 1 or 2. They'd obviously want Beasley but to me they are the kind of irrelevant team that I wouldn't mind seeing get one of these picks. Build around Conley, Gay and Beasley and see what happens. I doubt they'll be keeping Mike Miller around for long and IMO Darko sucks and will suck until the end of time so they'd still need fill the SG and C spots.

qrich
05-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I am officially now, nervous.

Same here....since it could be make/break for us

MrEncinas
05-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Same here....since it could be make/break for us
same here

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-20-2008, 07:06 PM
here's my bold lottery/draft prediction:
Miami wins the #1 pick

Miami then makes a trade with the Knicks:
Haslem & Blount & #1 pick
for
Zach Randolph, Nate Robinson, Knick's #4 pick

Miami then drafts Brook Lopez

New Miami squad: Nate, DWade, Matrix, Zach, Lopez

hotsizzle
05-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Hoping the East catches a break.

JazzDoc
05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Miami wins the #1 pick

for

NO! I want the Knicks to keep their team together until the 2009-2010 season. After that, they can do what they want.

Spudjjay
05-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Broooooklyn!!!

Hov at the lottery :pimp:

fatboy11
05-20-2008, 07:37 PM
When do the Nets move to Brooklyn?

Interminator
05-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Miami wins the #1 pick

for

No possible way.

Miami's going to spread the court out and run next season,you'll probably see Dorrell Wright starting at the 3 and Marion at the 4 next season for Miami.

A more up tempo offense will keep D-Wade healthier because in the half court offense he was in with Shaq,D-Wade was basically a kamikaze he'd take the ball from wherever and attack the basket hurting himself and getting to the free throw line.

Interminator
05-20-2008, 07:39 PM
When do the Nets move to Brooklyn?
Whenver Barclays Center is finished.

Probably the 2010-2011 season.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Come on..

bring some luck to new york

Interminator
05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Broooooklyn!!!

Hov at the lottery :pimp:
I wonder when Fiddy is going to buy a stake in a basketball team?

sixerfan82
05-20-2008, 07:43 PM
the draft is before the game or halftime?

glidedrxlr22
05-20-2008, 07:47 PM
They should've already done the lottery behing closed doors. Now all we have to do is wait over the next 5-30 minutes for the results.

Interminator
05-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Its the Draft Lottery and it's in 11 minutes.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 07:50 PM
If we get Rose it's obvious we are making trades no matter what..wonder who else is coming to NY

Interminator
They should've already done the lottery behing closed doors. Now all we have to do is wait over the next 5-30 minutes for the results.
Exactly.:cheers: :cheers:

Come on New York.

sixerfan82

and if NY wins, everyone calls *fix* whether or not it already be fixed, should make for some interesting headlines though

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Hova lookin fresh

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't give a sh*t who calls it fix, allthat would matter is we have Rose or Beasley but i'll be satisfied with Mayo too

KNOW1EDGE
05-20-2008, 07:52 PM
.....and the first pick in the 2008 NBA draft will go to..... The Portland TrailBlazers:bowdown: :bowdown: :party:

Interminator
05-20-2008, 07:53 PM
and if NY wins, everyone calls *fix* whether or not it already be fixed, should make for some interesting headlines though

How ****ing hilarious would it be to start the draft lottery off with a team like Milwaukee getting the #14 pick.

If Golden State wins the lottery I'll **** myself due to the laughter.

glidedrxlr22
05-20-2008, 07:53 PM
KNOWLEDGE, you might have given some people a heart attack with that post. :D

Interminator
05-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Okay its on right now where I'm at.

#14 Golden State
#13 Portland
#12 Sacramento
#11 Charlotte

LMFAO.

This means that Indiana has moved into the Top 10

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 07:56 PM
4 minutes

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 07:57 PM

#14 Golden State
#13 Portland
#12 Sacramento
#11 Charlotte

LMFAO.

lol charlotte

vert48
Stuart Scott needs to go away.

BigTicket

#14 Golden State
#13 Portland
#12 Sacramento
#11 Charlotte

LMFAO.

If true that means Indiana has moved into the top 3, you can't move up to a pick outside that.

thenextgreatbigman
05-20-2008, 07:58 PM

#14 Golden State
#13 Portland
#12 Sacramento
#11 Charlotte

LMFAO.

dumb ass, that's not even how the lottery works. teams don't move into the top 10. the lottery is only for the first 3 picks.

Spudjjay
05-20-2008, 07:59 PM
I wonder when Fiddy is going to buy a stake in a basketball team?

50 money is crazy right now...... I wouldn`t mind seeing the unit courtside.... :pimp:

Interminator
dumb ass, that's not even how the lottery works. teams don't move into the top 10. the lottery is only for the first 3 picks.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I was just joking damn relax.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
If Golden State gets #1 pick they will be scary too

Biedrins
Beasley/Harrington
Jackson/Barnes
Monta
B Diddy

DatPrince

#14 Golden State
#13 Portland
#12 Sacramento
#11 Charlotte

LMFAO.

HOW THE **** YOU KNOW????......BULL****

for the record KNICKS GET DERRICK ROSE:party: :party:

Interminator
05-20-2008, 08:00 PM
50 money is crazy right now...... I wouldn`t mind seeing the unit courtside.... :pimp:
Yeah but who would he buy a share in?

The Raptors?

statman32
05-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh ****!

statman32
05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Bump cause it won't load on my phone

Spudjjay
05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah but who would he buy a share in?

The Raptors?

The Celtics of course...

BigTicket
05-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Not Miami, Not Miami, Not Miami, Not Miami ...... :D

qrich
05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Not Miami, Not Miami, Not Miami, Not Miami ...... :D

+1...don't like blatant tankers.

RoseCity07
05-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Kings lady is just kickin it with DWade and Kevin Durant. Lucky fan.

Apples
05-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes, I also don't want to see Rose or Beasley in Miami.

InspiredLebowski
05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Enough with the presentation ESPN, get to the picks!

DuMa
lol sacramento queen.

KNOW1EDGE
Enough with the presentation ESPN, get to the picks!

Yeah no $hit

MrEncinas
Live streaming video | Miami Heat's ping-pong decision from the AAA

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/540608.html

NY Comeback
05-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I think I'm gonna throw up....START THE DAMN LOTTERY ALREADY! :mad:

BigTicket
05-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Damn, that Kings lady is tiny standing next to Wade and Rudy, just looks wrong.

BrooklynZoo
05-20-2008, 08:13 PM
is the lotto at the half or before the game?

Bobcat4Ever
is the lotto at the half or before the game?

Before

RoseCity07
WTF I thought the lottery was at half time of the game. Glad they are getting it over with before all that. The game would not be entertaining just waiting for it to be half time.

ThaWarrior
05-20-2008, 08:14 PM
omg warriors got the 1st pick!!! jp

NY Comeback
05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
It's bout to start up! If the Knicks are called at eighth.....man...

InspiredLebowski
05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Mitch Richmond's workin for the Warriors? Who knew.

Jesus Bird, you're on national TV, spit out the gum.

NY Comeback
05-20-2008, 08:17 PM
D'Antoni! :party:

Bring us some luck!

DuMa
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM
fred hoiberg just pulled out a stuffed animal. what a piss poor soft organization that is.

statman32
05-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Bump

InspiredLebowski
05-20-2008, 08:19 PM
C'MON, can't the basketball gods smile on Indiana just once?!

Y2Gezee
05-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Bulls... they really lucked out

jjswifty
wow.

DuMa
omg bulls keep moving up

Spudjjay
05-20-2008, 08:21 PM
lol at GS
lol at Bird
lol at Jay-z
: ( the knicks

NY Comeback
**** you, Chicago Bulls.

**** you.

qrich
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RandomBalla55
:oldlol: :oldlol: @ Sonics getting the shaft.

Cold blooded.

InfiniteBaskets
Ouch, tough blow for Seattle. Good luck Miami

MrEncinas
Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

KNOW1EDGE
shiiiiiiiit

baseketball4life
05-20-2008, 08:22 PM
man the Bulls can be so damn lucky if they get top 2

rknine15
omg

Apples
I wonder if D'Antoni still wants to coach the Knicks lol

Interminator
WTF @ Chicago.

Blue&Orange
If chicago ends up in the top two i stop watching the NBA.

InspiredLebowski
Chicago'll get the #1. Boston and LA in the Finals. Bulls #1. Knicks will pull some crazy lopsided trade. CONSPIRACY!

RagingBull33
Let's go Minny and Chitown!

hotsizzle
D'antoni's face was priceless:oldlol:

Interminator
05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Chicago will draft Derrick Rose or make more fans angry.

Apples

That makes no sense o.O

thenextgreatbigman
**** the bulls, they better not get beasley.
let them get #3 and waste it on lopez

RoseCity07
Bulls the only team to break into the top 3.

InfiniteBaskets
So with Seattle out... Miami's chances of number one pick are improved?

kaiteng
Show the power of teddy bear, the Mayor!

konex
I hope Miami gets #3. Frikken tankers :oldlol:

waishing
That look on larry Bird... he looks like he's about to explode
btw the representatives can't hear that espn commentator right?
Hahaha the Wolves rep holding the bear standing

Interminator
Chicago'll get the #1. Boston and LA in the Finals. Bulls #1. Knicks will pull some crazy lopsided trade. CONSPIRACY!
It really ****ing is,its such a ****ing conspiracy.

This is to get Chicago back on the map.

InspiredLebowski
**** the Bulls. They better get 3rd

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Nooooooooo

jjswifty
D'antoni's face was priceless:oldlol:

yea, someone needs to post a pic/gif of that.

:lol

TruthKGRay3412
Lets Go Minny!11

BigTicket
Not at all going like I hoped.

InspiredLebowski
What The ****

Y2Gezee
Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Actually, Bulls don't need either Beasley or Rose. They have a good pg, they have Deng and Thomas that are Beasley like. Go for a big or a trade

rknine15
:roll: :roll:

ChrisKreager
The Chicago Bulls are ON THE CLOCK!

(Oops, wrong sport.)

DuMa
heat's tanking no good!!!!!

Blue&Orange
Omg !!!

RandomBalla55
Chicago Bulls win the lotto.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

baseketball4life
WOW

the BULLSSSSSS

jjswifty
rigged.

:rolleyes:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Bulls will selet Derrick Rose

Apples
Bye bye Kirk Hinrich

hotsizzle
05-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Bulls get 1. sweet

NY Comeback
SON OF A MOTHER****ING ***** NWERJGHI#QY%Q$UHsgnsansbaa

:banghead: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

InfiniteBaskets
Okay, welcome Beasley to Miami... Anyone think Miami should skip Beasley?

DuMa
bulls OMG

Interminator
WTF

Spudjjay
WTF at the Bulls

InspiredLebowski
I'm Sending A Bag Of **** To David Stern's House

RoseCity07
OMG...Bulls just won. Know what it's like to feel how the Blazers felt last year.

Qwyjibo
Beasley to Chicago.

What a ridiculously good fit (if it happens). Add the Bulls to the list of teams that are going to pass the Raptors next season. :(

GOBB
Where are the Stern rigs the lottery group at??? Every year u lame ass dudes claim the lottery is rigged. And every year proven wrong. lol

ChrisKreager
05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Your thoughts on the selection?

ChiBulls7
omfg!!!!

DuMa
Pat Riley's season long hard work has just failed

Interminator
Bulls will selet Derrick Rose
Definetly,this creates a more intriguing story heading into the draft.

FireMcFailPlease
Hello OJ Mayo, I hope you like snow

JPR
Rose comes from a family of thugs and blunt smokers. Beasley all day!!! he's exactly what the Bulls need to contend. Post player to the MAX!

InspiredLebowski
.017% chance my ass

konex
At least those 2 don't go to the WC :cheers:

LBJ 4 MVP
05-20-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm Sending A Bag Of **** To David Stern's House
:roll: THE ****IN BULLS!!!

Qwyjibo
Am I the only one who thinks the Bulls SHOULD take Beasley?

Hinrich
Sefolosha? (they won't give Ben Gordon big money)
Deng
Beasley
Noah

That lineup looks VERY good to me.

statman32
Nice!

RandomBalla55
Huh?

Pat Riley's season long plan didn't fail. It still worked. They're in the Top 2. They're guaranteed basically Derrick Rose unless Chicago trades off Hinrich..

It would've failed though and I would've :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: my ass off if they got #3. Which is what I thought Stern would've done..

BigTicket
Well that officially ****ing sucks, not only do the Heat get rewarded for their tanking, the Bulls also get the #1 pick :banghead:

ihatetimthomas
Beasley or Rose? Beasley fills more of a need in the paint. I think Bulls should take Beasley, they desperately need a low post threat

Interminator
Not really,now he doesn't have to make the choice

Chicago will make the choice for him.

ChrisKreager
SON OF A MOTHER****ING ***** NWERJGHI#QY%Q$UHsgnsansbaa

:banghead: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's gonna be O.K.

Last year, I was hopeful that my Suns could steal a high pick.

DoubleTech
beasley to chicago, thats an easy one.

rose to miami... set in stone.

Blue&Orange
05-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Someone, please shoot me. :banghead:

RoseCity07
05-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Hopefully for the Bulls Rose doesn't like motorcycles.

mhg88
05-20-2008, 08:29 PM
:party: :party: :party:

InspiredLebowski
Think there's a way Chicago could work a deal with Miami and swap picks? I think Chicago should take Beasley, and Miami should take Rose, so it'd work.

MrEncinas
Okay, welcome Beasley to Miami... Anyone think Miami should skip Beasley?
Hell no, but there is also no guarantee the Bulls will take Rose. Either way we should be happy. If we get Beasley then Marion may get traded, because I don't see us re-signing him. I'm really excited right now, and congrats to the Bulls!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 08:30 PM
OJ Mayo will go 3rd.

Who are the Knicks going to take at 6?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
OJ Mayo will go 3rd.

konex
Bulls HAVE to take Beasley. Works out well for the Heat too..

PS: LMAO @ D'Antoni

Interminator
Beasley or Rose? Beasley fills more of a need in the paint. I think Bulls should take Beasley, they desperately need a low post threat
Beasley's not going to be the low-post threat he was in college in the NBA.

He's going to be more of a face-up PF in the NBA.

But then again why do you draft Beasley when they've used their past 2 1st Round Picks on PF's.

MrEncinas
I do not think Riley was tanking, but there was no failure. We get Beasley or Rose. Heat fans should be ecstatic.

Y2Gezee
I change my mind. Bulls obviously go for Beasley right and hope he becomes the go to scorer they need. Heat still get Rose, and all is right with the world. But I don't get rid of Hinrich unless I can make a great deal with him.

Starts off the Hinrich for Melo rumours :prays:

ihatetimthomas
Whats next for the Heat? Pretty huge let down not getting top 2.

Mayo? Gallinari?

GOBB
Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Actually, Bulls don't need either Beasley or Rose. They have a good pg, they have Deng and Thomas that are Beasley like. Go for a big or a trade

Rose or Beasley unless someone offers a sweet deal for the #1. You dont ignore talent like this. Beasley is a bonified scorer. Rose is a stud. But yeah pass them up for a big. :rolleyes:

Here you want a big? Here you go...

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1008/ncb_g_lopez_275.jpghttp://improbable.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/ice-cream-cone.gif

ChiBulls7
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Hopefully for the Bulls Rose doesn't like motorcycles.
:roll: oh man don't remind me. I had bought a Jay Williams jersey for my brother that year :lol

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
well..Jerryd Bayless or Eric Gordon might drop at 6

BFRESH44
05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm in a state of pure euphoria right now.

ChrisKreager
I do not think Riley was tanking, but there was no failure. We get Beasley or Rose. Heat fans should be ecstatic.

He's right.

Either way, D-Wade and the Matrix get a big-time college savior.

BTW, who are this year's free-agents?

Just curious.

BrooklynZoo
the bulls basically had a 1 in 60 chance to win the lottery....

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Whats next for the Heat? Pretty huge let down not getting top 2.

Mayo? Gallinari?

Heat got #2

Interminator
OJ Mayo will go 3rd.

Why would OJ Mayo go 3rd?

You do realize Minny has McCants and Foye at the 2.:confusedshrug:

Its Brook Lopez or Anthony Randolph.

daone2384
Mike Dantoni has to feel like crap. He definitely should have took the Chicago job now. :oldlol:

Interminator
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Why draft Beasley when you still have Tyrus and Noah?

Those are 2 young PF's with potential.

ihatetimthomas
05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Heat got #2

Yea I meant wolves...who should they go for. Mayo might fit

MrEncinas
05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Beasley's not going to be the low-post threat he was in college in the NBA.

He's going to be more of a face-up PF in the NBA.

But then again why do you draft Beasley when they've used their past 2 1st Round Picks on PF's.
Beasley has been projected by many to play at SF which I think would be perfect for him, especially in his first year.

GOBB
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Minny will take a Center. Lopez...next to Aljeff. Simple.

Tyrus and Noah on thier best days doesnt match Beasley offense. Stop. Your logic/reasoning is why the Bulls dont have a bonified scoring threat like a Beasley in the first place.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
NO

Anthony Randolph won't got past 5

FireMcFailPlease
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Why would OJ Mayo go 3rd?

You do realize Minny has McCants and Foye at the 2.:confusedshrug:

Its Brook Lopez or Anthony Randolph.
Foye played pg when he returned.

Plus you dont draft for need, you draft the talent and Mayo is still more talented then Lopez or Randolph.

I hope we take Mayo

Jasi
What are the needs (in terms of position needed) of the first seven teams that will pick?
Who can help me with this?
Thanks.

1. Chicago - ?
2. Miami - ?
3. Minnesota - ?
4. Seattle - ?
5. Memphis - ?
6. New York - ?
7. Clippers - ?

JPR
John Paxson likes good character guys and despite the media totally ignoring that crooked Memphis program and Derrick Rose's crooked older brother, Reggie, people around Chicago know that Rose could be trouble. especially, playing in his hometown. It's all about Beasley baby!!

GOBB
05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
NO

Anthony Randolph won't got past 5

Bust.

NY Comeback
This completely ****ed up my day. :(

GOBB
Why would Anthony Randolph go top 5??????? Get real. You guys are morons.

ForceOfNature
I'm so happy for the Chicago Bulls, one of my 3 favorite teams in the NBA. The Bulls and Magic (the other of my 3 favorite teams) generally tend to have good fortune in the Draft lottery. However, the other of my 3 favorite teams, the Knicks, do not.

RandomBalla55
05-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Plus you dont draft for need, you draft the talent and Mayo is still more talented then Lopez or Randolph.

I hope we take Mayo

Tell that to the Hawks who drafted Marvin Williams ahead of CP3 despite them needing a PG forever. Marvin Williams was thought of to be seriously mega talented.

At some point, draft for need.

JPR
05-20-2008, 08:40 PM

ok, everybody is missing the point here. this is the 2nd post thus far to get it wrong.

NOah is a CENTER!!

Y2Gezee
05-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Rose or Beasley unless someone offers a sweet deal for the #1. You dont ignore talent like this. Beasley is a bonified scorer. Rose is a stud. But yeah pass them up for a big. :rolleyes:

Here you want a big? Here you go...

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1008/ncb_g_lopez_275.jpghttp://improbable.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/ice-cream-cone.gif

Guess you missed my post right above this.:ohwell:

But I certainly don't think they need rose. Beasley would actually work well, but I don't think Deandre Jordan would be a bad pick for them to take via a trade down a few slots.

GOBB
John Paxson likes good character guys and despite the media totally ignoring that crooked Memphis program and Derrick Rose's crooked older brother, Reggie, people around Chicago know that Rose could be trouble. especially, playing in his hometown. It's all about Beasley baby!!

http://mccs1977.com/Images/Iraq/broken-record.jpg

RoseCity07
Brook Lopez? Come on, Oj Mayo is the best choice to play with Al Jefferson. I don't care how many guards Minnesota has. Foye can play with Mayo and McCants can take a back seat.

Don't they have Telfair too, they can get rid of that wanna be thug for a slightly less poser.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 08:42 PM
1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Bayless
5. Gordon/ Randolph /Lopez

i seen hippos
05-20-2008, 08:42 PM

I hope we take Mayo

Ehhhh....I think Lopez will be a better player than Mayo.

As for Chicago, there should be some trades around draft time. If they draft Rose they should get rid of Hinrich and/or Gordon. If they draft Beasley than what happens to Thomas? I think they should draft Rose, trade Hinrich and Gordon for whatever players BUT make sure to get another top 7 pick. Draft someone like Lopez/Koufos/Randolph/Jordan.

Rose
whoever
Deng
Thomas or Noah
Koufos

A real team.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Bust.

That's what I mean, He won't be a top 5 pick

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
05-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Randolph will be a Clipper

GOBB
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Guess you missed my post right above this.:ohwell:

But I certainly don't think they need rose. Beasley would actually work well, but I don't think Deandre Jordan would be a bad pick for them to take via a trade down a few slots.

You posted that while i was in the middle of replying.

Deandre Jordan? :roll: You mean Chicago should add yet another undeveloped big man? Arent you tired of thier frontcourt being nothing but projects or guys allergic, incapable of giving you production downlow worth a damn? Geeze, D.Jordan is no different than Tyrus Thomas, J.Noah. In terms of adding a young talent who will rely on his athletic ability and hopefully over time develop thier actual skill.

If you trade down, in that trade you better be bringing back a productive player. Otherwise its really stupid to move down. Better off taking that icecream cone over Jordan. Atleast Lopez can score. How effective in the NBA? Remains to be seen, but you dont gotta wait 4-5yrs thats for sure.

Bad GM you are.

Its Rose or Beasley. Only other option? A deal you cant refuse.

ForceOfNature
05-20-2008, 08:46 PM
The crazy thing is the Bulls only had a 1.7% chance of getting the No. 1 pick!!! This has to be the lowest probability to win the lottery ever. I remember the NJ Nets in 2000 had a 4.4% chance and they got the No. 1 pick. But anyone know if this is the lowest probability to ever win a draft lottery?

FireMcFailPlease
05-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Tell that to the Hawks who drafted Marvin Williams ahead of CP3 despite them needing a PG forever. Marvin Williams was thought of to be seriously mega talented.

At some point, draft for need.
Marvins college career vs Mayos?

Marvin didnt even start and there isnt a dominant PG after Rose.

ryantheporchkid
05-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Bulls select Rose or get in on possible Melo trades. Chicago isn't close enough to a championship to draft Beasley.

DatPrince
05-20-2008, 08:48 PM
This completely ****ed up my day. :(

+2 im so tight right now

im hoping Mayo falls or Bayless if they are both taken then i either trade or take D.J Augustin hes what the knicks need now

GOBB
05-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Brook Lopez? Come on, Oj Mayo is the best choice to play with Al Jefferson. I don't care how many guards Minnesota has. Foye can play with Mayo and McCants can take a back seat.

Don't they have Telfair too, they can get rid of that wanna be thug for a slightly less poser.

Yeah add OJ Mayo then tell me who plays Center for your team.

"But but but....

:roll:

Robin Lopez. Put him next to Al Jefferson and go. Downlow is set for years.

NY Comeback
05-20-2008, 08:51 PM
+2 im so tight right now

im hoping Mayo falls or Bayless if they are both taken then i either trade or take D.J Augustin hes what the knicks need now
Me too, though it's unlikely. I hope to God we don't get Gordon. My gut feeling just says he's gonna be a bust. :(

thenextgreatbigman
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
+2 im so tight right now

I have a feeling that we end up with that euro kid and he ends up a bust.

it's all on memphis though, if they pass up on mayo or bayless for a big man we could still get one of them.