View Full Version : Round 2, Spurs @ Hornets, Monday, GAME 7

Pages : [1] 2

TruthKGRay3412
05-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Round 2, Spurs @ Hornets, Monday, GAME 7

Predictions?

Mr_Basketball#1
05-18-2008, 10:06 PM
With a banged up Chandler and West, I think the Spurs will win. It'll be a close game but I think the Spurs pull out all the stops.

juju151111
05-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Lets Go hornets rid the world of the san antonio floppers/akaBoring

Hoggle
05-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Spurs by 5 in overtime with the score being in the 100-110 range. Reasoning being that West will be slightly bothered by his back, so he might not get his regular minutes. I believe that with the Spurs being in the position of losing and going home, they will show their playoff experience by getting the loose balls, getting a couple of good calls, and not going out of character as we have seen the hornets do multiple times this series. They will play their game, Duncan will lead the way, and if he can't get the ball to drop he will end up having 20 boards and get the 3 point shooters involved. If he does have his shot falling, then obviously there will be less 3balling and more pick and roll and posting up. Of course it's only a prediction and they can just as easily get blown out again like the last 3 times, but I believe they will show their strength on the defensive side.

ForceOfNature
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I sure hope that the Hornets win this one and the Spurs go home, I don't want to see floppers in the conference finals. The Lakeshow should hopefully win the conference finals in that case.

sixerfan82
05-19-2008, 12:36 AM
if the spurs dont handily win this, id be surprised

west and chandler are injured, and i think it's about time the spurs realized they can win back to back

Laker4Lyfe
05-19-2008, 01:46 AM
The home teams have been doing pretty good. I'm gonna go with the home team in this game as well. I know the Spurs are capable, however they haven't been able to do jack in New Orleans so far. Plus I think the Hornets have a little attitude after the "Horry" chants and will come out fired up.

I just hope the game is as good as the one was today. :rockon:

crisoner
05-19-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm actually pumped up for this one.

I can watch this stress free since the Lakers are not playing in it.

Lebron23
05-19-2008, 03:46 AM
I am rooting for CP3 and the New Orleans Hornets.

BryantGasol89
05-19-2008, 03:51 AM
I thought West was better? At least that's what he said today in the Bos-Cavs HT interview. He said his back is feelin nearly 100%....

But whatever, I hope for another Hornets blowout against the Scum. If not, just knock them the feck out!

bence23
05-19-2008, 07:54 AM
go hornets

kidachi
05-19-2008, 08:14 AM
again, because of the Spurs' successful "If you can't beat them, injure them" philosophy. The spurs will win. but I REALLY wish not.

and fcuk the spurs.. they're a ****.

LebronJordan
05-19-2008, 08:15 AM
i hate david west and i also hate the spurs
so im rooting for the lakers to beat who ever wins the match
may the best team win
:rockon:

ninephive
05-19-2008, 09:15 AM
go hornets
Bence, good to see you again!

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Sticky this!

gts
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
hope this is a great game, it has all the makings to be a big game 7 if the spurs can get their act together on the road and the hornets keep up their home court high level of play....

InfiniteBaskets
05-19-2008, 01:08 PM
The Spurs are gonna come out executing so the Hornets had better come out sharp or else I feel like Tyson is gonna be in early foul trouble. Also, I'd like to see a lot more picks by the Hornets this game. Iso West is great sometimes when Paul is not on the floor but I liked how Tyson set a pick for West and then West lobbed for Tyson. If they can get some point guard play out of guys like West, Peja, maybe Mo Peterson, it'll help them out greatly.

I'll be rooting for the Hornets.

LA.MJ&KB#1
05-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm just glad to be able to watch the game with no pressure. As a laker fan I hope Spurs win because, I want us to dethrone the Spurs.

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Laker fans who would you rather face in the WCF? Easier match-up? I think the Spurs might be a tougher match-up for you guys,but I really want the Hornets to win.

SHEED_ gangsta
05-19-2008, 02:55 PM
damn got money riding on this game Hornets godda send the Spurs packin'

KnicksBeasley
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM
CP3 vs parker who ever plays better there team will win

Emeka Okafor xD
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
lets go spurs!

they were world champs last year and got all the experience in the world, and thats what the hornets lack. Time for the cocky cp3 to finally lose

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
David West better be afraid of the Spine breaker :oldlol:

Showtime
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I heard Pop is going to start Manu and Oberto. What I'd like to see Scott do is start Wright instead of Peja. For one, Wright is more athletic and quicker than Peja, and I think he can bother Manu more. Also, that would provide a scoring punch in Peja off the bench, something they desperately need.

TMT
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Doesn't matter if Peja comes of the bench. As long as he has Bruce on him, he won't even get into double digits.

gts
05-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I heard Pop is going to start Manu and Oberto. What I'd like to see Scott do is start Wright instead of Peja. For one, Wright is more athletic and quicker than Peja, and I think he can bother Manu more. Also, that would provide a scoring punch in Peja off the bench, something they desperately need.that's a good idea but scott is notrious for not making changes... that's the one gripe about him is his lack of flexability and making adjustments

ikoiko
05-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Please Tyson Chandler, no unnecessary early fouls tonight!

Hopefully the refs will not call him for fouls that aren't there either.

Gotterdammerung
05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Great match up between a dynastic team nearing the end of its reign and an upstart on the cusp of greatness.

Here's how it will break down:
At the backcourt, how the Spurs defend Chris Paul will be crucial: if they force him to become a scorer, i.e., play him like they guarded Nash, a more dangerous passer, shut off his passing options, Paul will score 30 plus but fail to crack double digits in assists. Paul is not a great straight up defender, so Parker must continue to run and run and run, be a fast break unto himself. If Ginobili's jumper is on, he becomes truly indefensible - can bury the three, fake it and go to the cup or pull up for the mid range j in the paint. If he is off, the Hornets have a better chance to win. Peterson won't be much of a factor today. Finley can threaten from outside, but his tank seems empty too.

Frontcourt: it comes down to how either team defends West or Duncan. Hornets must continue to double Duncan, but only once he makes the first move towards the hoop. Otherwise his passing will dissect them into pieces, assuming their long range game is on. Provided West's back is back to optimal levels, the Spurs cannot afford guard him with anyone other than Duncan himself. His length and all nba defense know-how will keep West under control. Shotblocker extraordinaire Chandler may be able to produce more than either Oberto or Thomas, but his lingering foot injury may not allow that to happen. Bowen will continue to neutralize Stojakovic's deadly perimeter game, because he is the best follow and lock defender in the league. So look for the hornets to try and have Peja take Bowen off the dribble, instead of spotting up for jumpers that never come.

It looks like the Spurs' experience will keep the game close to steal it in the end, but if they use the incorrect strategy, look for a blowout win from the Hornets. :D

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-19-2008, 06:54 PM
VEGAS SAYS:
Hornets by 4.

who you got?

gobbledygookie
05-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I'd be shocked if Hornets win. I mean I really want them to win, but with West's injury, what are the chances he's gonna have a stellar game? And they'll need a stellar performance from him to win the game. Chandler's not gonna score much, we know that, Paul is gonna make his 30, but without points they're doomed. I say this game is all on West's back, literally and figuratively :)

Prediction: Spurs gonna win in a close match.

bladefd
05-19-2008, 07:39 PM
LETS GO HORNETS LETS GO HORNETS. :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Do it for Lakers. Muhahahaha :rockon:

ikoiko
05-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Great match up between a dynastic team nearing the end of its reign and an upstart on the cusp of greatness.

Here's how it will break down:
At the backcourt, how the Spurs defend Chris Paul will be crucial: if they force him to become a scorer, i.e., play him like they guarded Nash, a more dangerous passer, shut off his passing options, Paul will score 30 plus but fail to crack double digits in assists. Paul is not a great straight up defender, so Parker must continue to run and run and run, be a fast break unto himself. If Ginobili's jumper is on, he becomes truly indefensible - can bury the three, fake it and go to the cup or pull up for the mid range j in the paint. If he is off, the Hornets have a better chance to win. Peterson won't be much of a factor today. Finley can threaten from outside, but his tank seems empty too.

Frontcourt: it comes down to how either team defends West or Duncan. Hornets must continue to double Duncan, but only once he makes the first move towards the hoop. Otherwise his passing will dissect them into pieces, assuming their long range game is on. Provided West's back is back to optimal levels, the Spurs cannot afford guard him with anyone other than Duncan himself. His length and all nba defense know-how will keep West under control. Shotblocker extraordinaire Chandler may be able to produce more than either Oberto or Thomas, but his lingering foot injury may not allow that to happen. Bowen will continue to neutralize Stojakovic's deadly perimeter game, because he is the best follow and lock defender in the league. So look for the hornets to try and have Peja take Bowen off the dribble, instead of spotting up for jumpers that never come.

It looks like the Spurs' experience will keep the game close to steal it in the end, but if they use the incorrect strategy, look for a blowout win from the Hornets. :D

hey look everybody, it's mr. obvious!!

Loki
05-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Anyone have a link for this game? What's that "My PoP TV" site or something like that that always gets posted for game links? That always works for me. Anyone? Thanks.

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Anyone have a link for this game? What's that "My PoP TV" site or something like that that always gets posted for game links? That always works for me. Anyone? Thanks.

You dont have TNT?

Loki
05-19-2008, 08:10 PM
You dont have TNT?

I'm at work.

veilside23
05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
i see the hornets winning this win cp3 might get another 3ple double peja will score 20 west with his injury will still score 20...

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm at work.

Oh,You can try channelsurfing.net to see if its carrying the game.

RoseCity07
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Could go either way but I see New Orleans winning. Bitter sweet if New Orleans wins though because the Spurs have a much better chance against the Lakers.

starface
05-19-2008, 08:30 PM
this game is gonna be so damn good

BryantGasol89
05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
MON YOU HORNETS!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

RoseCity07
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Reggie is commentating. :no:

Loki
Never mind guys, I found a valid link to watch the game from an old game thread. :D :rockon:

RoseCity07
05-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes reggie, "The might stand the whole game"...idiot. SMH

limelight543
05-19-2008, 08:37 PM
umm didnt pejaget a 3? if so are the refs ****ing dumb it should be 5-7? *before tim made 2 free throws*

Loki
05-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Did anyone see Chris Paul's reflexes/hand speed on that tap out that he corralled? The ba was whizzing by him at light speed and he reacted instantly to snatch it. Amazing.

Why are they running isos for Peja again? That got them in trouble in game 6. They had the right idea the possession before when he came off the screen.

RoseCity07
05-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Lol @ CP3. He saw Chandler was being guarded by Parker and then threw the alley. Chandler ****ted on Parker.

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Chris Paul is the best decision making PG since Magic imo.

ForceOfNature
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Chris Paul has phenomenal court vision!... And David West has some very good post moves.

Loki
05-19-2008, 08:43 PM
CP goes after loose balls with an incredible tenacity. Very strong and quick hands coupled with great instincts. He got in that mix of 4 players and wrestled the ball away right quick. He also freezes guys on the pick and roll incredibly well with his handle and body movements; it's what allowed him to get that uncontested floater in the lane just now.

Duncan looking good so far; they need to keep going to him. Manu needed to dunk that rather than trying to get a call. Parker's J went in, which is a good sign for the Spurs. Can't believe West hit that awkward fadeaway after getting bumped from behind by Oberto.

Loki
05-19-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL David West always has that face on like he wants to **** somebody up. :oldlol:

Loki
05-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Anyone notice in this series that Duncan has been coming off screens just beyond the foul line and just going right into his J pretty regularly? Hitting them, too. Impressive to see from a man his size, since it's generally a guard's skill. I don't recall seeing that in his game prior to this postseason.

bigkingsfan
05-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Pacman in the house making it rain...

Carbine
05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Another game delay in NO arena?

MochaUdoka
first they play "Ring of Fire" during the extinguisher fiasco. now there is popcorn and ice thrown on the floor and while they clean it up they play guns n roses "Patience" lol

waishing
Anyone notice in this series that Duncan has been coming off screens just beyond the foul line and just going right into his J pretty regularly? Hitting them, too. Impressive to see from a man his size, since it's generally a guard's skill. I don't recall seeing that in his game prior to this postseason.
Seriously, to quote Reggie, Tim's looking like Rip Hamilton on that sequence

Carbine
05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Tim has had that skill for years. It's just something Pop uses to catch the defense off guard every now and then.

Loki
05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Seriously, to quote Reggie, Tim's looking like Rip Hamilton on that sequence

Hah, he said that? I dont have the volume on. He's been doing it pretty frequenty recently, though, not just on that play.

Loki
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Tim has had that skill for years. It's just something Pop uses to catch the defense off guard every now and then.

I know he could do it, I just dont remember him converting on it as well as he has been this postseason.

Emeka Okafor xD
05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
My bro broke the TV cuz he threw his xbox 360 controller at the tv! :( so can anybody tell me how dis game is goin?

MochaUdoka
05-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Manu :banghead:

Loki
West is killing it from midrange this series. Wow.

DuMa
dumb foul by manu.

Y2Gezee
What was that idiot trying to flop or something. How dumb was that?

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Never mind guys, I found a valid link to watch the game from an old game thread. :D :rockon:

You mean this one?

http://www.xssports.co.cc/

:)

FireMcFailPlease
the foul was after the time ran out you can see the light on the floor

RandomBalla55
:oldlol: @ Manu trying to draw a charge on CP3 at the end of the qtr..

Mewwem22
05-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, that was interesting. Manu and Paul both flopped.

FireMcFailPlease
05-19-2008, 09:03 PM
the foul was after the time ran out you can see the light on the floor
great call!

RoseCity07
Should be 3 Fts. Clock stops at the foul, and then the continuation. Can't call a foul at the buzzer.

So that shot would have counted had it gone in. But the just decided the foul happened after the buzzer so it doesn't matter.

Showtime
lol wow they review the play and still get the call wrong. The ball wasn't released before the buzzer, but the bump was a tenth or two tenths of a second before the buzzer.

RandomBalla55
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM
great call!

Congratulating yourself = phail.

But I will congratulate you, good call.

MochaUdoka
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM
:oldlol: @ Manu trying to draw a charge on CP3 at the end of the qtr..

it was pretty funny watching Manu crumple to the floor in slow-mo on the replay :oldlol:

dafunkphenom
05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm rooting for the Spurs and even think that should have been 3 free throws.

FireMcFailPlease
Congratulating yourself = phail.

But I will congratulate you, good call.
:roll:

RandomBalla55
it was pretty funny watching Manu crumple to the floor in slow-mo on the replay :oldlol:

True that. Both Manu and CP3 would be fine, fine soccer players. They have the diving part already down.

Manu went flying though.. :oldlol:

Loki
You mean this one?

http://www.xssports.co.cc/

:)

No, but I remember you providing that, which is appreciated. I found another link in the game 6 Lakers/Jazz thread.

slaman
New Orleans Hornets: masters of the elements
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNQ0GSyi-fI
First it's Ring of Fire, now it's the cups of ice Mo Peterson drops on the court. What's the Hornets' obsession with slippery playing surfaces?

Babalu
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
The ball was still in his hand when the buzzer went off, but the foul happened as the buzzer was going off.

It should have been 2 freethrows and a foul on flopobili.

FireMcFailPlease
Should be 3 Fts. Clock stops at the foul, and then the continuation. Can't call a foul at the buzzer.

So that shot would have counted had it gone in. But the just decided the foul happened after the buzzer so it doesn't matter.
he still had the ball in his hands even before the buzzer released and before there was contact. the whistle was blown after the buzzer

Showtime
Odenized, get that replay of the end of the quarter shot/foul please.

Banks91
No, but I remember you providing that, which is appreciated. I found another link in the game 6 Lakers/Jazz thread.

care to share?

jaydacris
05-19-2008, 09:07 PM
you can tell pop hates doing them interquarter interviews

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 09:08 PM

Which is it? The sopcast link? Atdhe? I need it badly...

dafunkphenom
Horry, Horry, Horry!!!!!!

RandomBalla55
Someone take Melvin Ely's scrubass out of the game.

Dude ****ing thinks hes Duncan or something. You give him that ball, you ain't getting it back.

and Bonzi Wells blows open layups.. o_O.

TruthKGRay3412
Why does Melvin Ely get PT..the guy has been trash his whole career.

MochaUdoka
way to go up strong Ime!

WildStyle
05-19-2008, 09:11 PM
That should have been 3 shots. He was in the act of shooting when Manu fouled him even if the ball didn't leave his hands in time. He was still in the act. The fact that they didn't give him anything... wow!

Loki
05-19-2008, 09:11 PM
care to share?

myp2p.eu

Loki
05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Which is it? The sopcast link? Atdhe? I need it badly...

See above.

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Nevermind.

This one is good.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6008

Carbine
05-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Manu has been complete ass thus far. Parker has been a non-factor.

I wasn't expecting this from Manu, to be honest.

Showtime
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
WTF STEP UP BENCH! No excuses for blowing open layups. Scrubs freaking screwing up the game.

Hotshoot
Spurs are setting the tempo :rockon:

elementally morale
myp2p.eu.com

Thanks, Loki. But the direct link I've just provided is better. (And is on the site, BTW.) Everyone, use this. It's reliable. Average quality. Nowhere near HDTV but enjoyable. You can see the ball. :lol

The ads are in Chinese, but the game is in English, TNT.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6008

Carbine
05-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah, Chris Paul & West are the only reason they are still in the game.

Next time somebody tells you Paul makes West, don't listen - it's not true.

dafunkphenom
Manu has been complete ass thus far. Parker has been a non-factor.

I wasn't expecting this from Manu, to be honest.
I expected Manu to drop 30 tonight.

There goes Horry for 3!!!

Hotshoot
Spinebreaker with the 3pt shot.

ryantheporchkid
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Scrubs need to pick it up.

WildStyle
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Javie is the same guy that got the Billups 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter against Orlando wrong. Doesn't surprise me.

dafunkphenom
05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Chris Paul & West are the only reason they are still in the game.

Next time somebody tells you Paul makes West, don't listen - it's not true.
I'm still not convinced.

Howard Schits
05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Come on Hornets. Let's kick some ass. I can't stand Tim Duncan!

"Foul? Who? Me?"

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Tony parker :party: Sportcenter top 10 for sure. I smell a blowout.

Darius07
05-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Cp3 ready to take over?

ForceOfNature
05-19-2008, 09:24 PM

Hahahahahahahaha, funny :oldlol: . no way this is gonna be a blowout, New Orleans is way too tough. Horry flopping once again.

Darius07
05-19-2008, 09:24 PM
how? That was actually pretty normal for him. I've seen him do way better.

RandomBalla55
05-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Who are the guys who run on the sideline of the court with big ass Peja faces? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Money.

Darius07
05-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Ya for the hornets!

Loki
05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow, what a rally.

FireMcFailPlease
05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
someone needs to get the gif of the fatty doin the hey

FashionIssues
05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
what a quick 12 point run

ForceOfNature
Sting them Spurs!!! :cheers:

dafunkphenom
I'm calling it now. The game will come down to the final 2 minutes and Ginobilli will be the game breaker.

Showtime
05-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Where Was The Contact On That Parker Foul?

stewen12
05-19-2008, 09:31 PM
That was such a hard foul are you kidding me? SHould have been a flagrant 2!

Babalu
05-19-2008, 09:31 PM

replay showed absolutely NO contact. wtf bad call.

fiad06
05-19-2008, 09:32 PM
someone needs to get the gif of the fatty doin the hey

LOL I agree.

Hoggle
peja slapped parkers head, watch the replay son

with that said, i hope peja scores 40, its really fun watching the heads run around the court, how much do you think that job pays?

Loki
I often wonder why, in early offense when the ballhandler is trying to initiate a high/side pick and roll towards the middle, why the ballhandler doesn't just explode baseline with a crossover all the way to the rim. If you watch the games, the entire interior and side is open almost every single time. But I guess you need a lightning fast crossover to do it, a la prime Marbury. But it's so wide open it's ridiculous. Just watch.

fiad06
05-19-2008, 09:33 PM
replay showed absolutely NO contact. wtf bad call.

They slapped his head or arm...I was like WTF at first, then they replayed it.

fiad06
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Manuuuuu

Loki
Ginobili is freaking ridiculous from deep. That's some bullsh!t right there. :oldlol:

MochaUdoka
manu making it rain!

Carbine
05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Manu has finally decided to hit some shots. I've said this numerous times, but the Spurs need to run their offense through Duncan everytime. They get quality shots from it everytime.

waishing
05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow...spurs had the 10 pt lead, then hornets came back furiously and now the Spurs are back up 11 just like that...
Manu bombarding from beyond the arc, like freaking nba 2k cheats!

dafunkphenom
05-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I often wonder why, in early offense when the ballhandler is trying to initiate a high/side pick and roll towards the middle, why the ballhandler doesn't just explode baseline with a crossover all the way to the rim. If you watch the games, the entire interior and side is open almost every single time. But I guess you need a lightning fast crossover to do it, a la prime Marbury. But it's so wide open it's ridiculous. Just watch.
Because they would easily adjust and trap you baseline.

Gevz2kX
nice flop by Parker

typical Spur.

Darius07
if o didn't hate the spurs then i would love ginnobli. He's a hella player.

MochaUdoka
wow what a buzzer beater by Paul!

Loki
05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
What a crazy push of the ball and shot by Paul.

ChrisKreager
Spurs live and die by the three.

Reminds me of Orlando's Game 1 against the Raptors- they jack up a ton of them and make every single one.

gpfanz
Go Hornets :rockon:

ryantheporchkid
I don't want to watch the Spurs in the WCF again. The Hornets have to win. The Spurs winning is not poetic justice.

Loki
Because they would easily adjust and trap you baseline.

The defense could not possible react quickly enough. I wish I could screen cap the situation I'm talking about. A very quick player could go baseline and get to the rim pretty easily imo.

rapsfan3
05-19-2008, 09:40 PM
What a play to end the half by Chris Paul but his team still trails by 9...come on Hornets

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Nice basket by Paul keeping them in the game.

Hoggle
05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
spurs will win cause the espn journalists picked the hornets to win this game, and they are a curse for the west teams.

dafunkphenom
05-19-2008, 09:43 PM
The defense could not possible react quickly enough. I wish I could screen cap the situation I'm talking about. A very quick player could go baseline and get to the rim pretty easily imo.
I kind of see what you are saying. Only a few PG's could pull it off without screwing up. The speed on TV is decieving. the game is faster than it seems. I see Baron doing what you are saying sometimes but you burn somebody with that players will adjust quickly. It's a move you can spot after a while by looking at the way other players are adjusting.

Loki
So if SA wins, they'll become like the third team ever to come back from an 0-2 hole? Crazy.

Showtime
NO's bench:

0-5 FG, 1 point, 1 rebound, 1 TO, 3 steals

SA's bench:

4-9 FG, 10 points, 11 rebounds, 4 TO, 2 steals

SA as a team are 8-15 from three. NO needs to stop their perimeter shooters because 3 > 2.

Loki
05-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I kind of see what you are saying. Only a few PG's could pull it off without screwing up. The speed on TV is decieving. the game is faster than it seems. I see Baron doing what you are saying sometimes but you burn somebody with that players will adjust quickly. It's a move you can spot after a while by looking at the way other players are adjusting.

No question adjustments will be made, but you can get an easy basket or two out of it beforehand. :D It would take a very fast player, though, like a prime Marbury or Lebron.

MochaUdoka
05-19-2008, 09:46 PM
that was a good first half for the Spurs. Duncan is doing his thing, the 3's are falling, and we are doing a good job controlling the boards. Turnovers have been killer though. Too many silly mistakes (i'm lookin at you Ime & Parker). However a 9 point lead at halftime is a nice cushion. This game should still go down to the wire. I expect the Hornets to be very aggresive in the all-important 3rd quarter

mswank
05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
new orleans didnt capitalize off of the sa turnovers. if they lose that'll be why. sa has been getting owned in the 2nd half in new orleans though...so lets hope for some cp3 magic in the 2nd half. and maybe a third option (peja where the hell are you?) in the second half.

Loki
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I have to admit, while SA is probably the better team, I'm kinda rooting for NO since they're new blood and it would be good for the league to see a young team led by a young star make it to the WCF. Also, I feel NO matches up better with LA than SA does and would give them a tougher series. :D

Showtime
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
new orleans didnt capitalize off of the sa turnovers. if they lose that'll be why. sa has been getting owned in the 2nd half in new orleans though...so lets hope for some cp3 magic in the 2nd half. and maybe a third option (peja where the hell are you?) in the second half.
If they lose, it's because the Spurs are shooting over 50% from deep. Then, it's second chance points because of the lack of defensive rebounding from NO. Then it will be about the bench. Then you get into capitalizing off TO's.

gpfanz
05-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Spurs hitting too much 3pts ($(^&

mswank
05-19-2008, 09:53 PM
If they lose, it's because the Spurs are shooting over 50% from deep. Then, it's second chance points because of the lack of defensive rebounding from NO. Then it will be about the bench. Then you get into capitalizing off TO's.

no. if you dont capitalize off of 10+ first half to's thats the biggest problem. they're taking the ball away then wasting it. they should have at the very least 14 points from that.

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
I have to admit, while SA is probably the better team, I'm kinda rooting for NO since they're new blood and it would be good for the league to see a young team led by a young star make it to the WCF. Also, I feel NO matches up better with LA than SA does and would give them a tougher series. :D

Why do you want LA to lose so desperately? Only because of Kobe and his fans? Or there is some other reason?

It's interesting. Aside from a few silly fans every team and star player has, what's your problem with Kobe's play this season? By no means do I want you to stop hating, it'd just be nice to know.

Loki
05-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Why do you want LA to lose so desperately? Only because of Kobe and his fans? Or there is some other reason?

It's interesting. Aside from a few silly fans every team and star player has, what's your problem with Kobe's play this season? By no means do I want you to stop hating, it'd just be nice to know.

I just don't like LA and their spoiled, entitled fans. As for Kobe himself, well, I don't like him either, but his on-court play this year has been more balanced and team-oriented than it's been in a long time, so I can't find fault there. I just dislike him for other reasons, like how he starts popping his jersey or mugging for the crowd and yapping after hitting routine shots during meaningless times of the game. He's just obnoxious that way, and I wouldn't like someone at my local park who acted the same way for the same reasons. There are other things, obviously (like him thinking he's better than he is, which is evidenced by his actions), but that's a part of it.

I also don't think LA deserves to win when they got an all-star caliber PF dropped in their lap for peanuts. :D But this is a SA/NO thread, so...

ukplayer4
05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
whats wrong with wanting the team he thinks will give la a tougher matchup going through? thats what everyone wants to see minus la fans. isnt it better to see a tight series?

spurs have been fortunate to be up 9 with 10 turnovers, and new orleans have missed some easy shots and quite a few ft's.... its a 9 point game but that 3rd quater run is coming, it will be a tie game within a few minutes of the 3rd as the hornets go on theyre run and the spurs have theyre drought....

i just cannot see the spurs loosing a game 7 to a young team, it aint right.

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I just don't like LA and their spoiled, entitled fans. As for Kobe himself, well, I don't like him either, but his on-court play this year has been more balanced and team-oriented than it's been in a long time, so I can't find fault there. I just dislike him for other reasons, like how he starts popping his jersey or mugging for the crowd and yapping after hitting routine shots during meaningless times of the game. He's just obnoxious that way, and I wouldn't like someone at my local park who acted the same way for the same reasons. There are other things, obviously (like him thinking he's better than he is, which is evidenced by his actions), but that's a part of it.

I also don't think LA deserves to win when they got an all-star caliber PF dropped in their lap for peanuts. :D But this is a SA/NO thread, so...

Reminds me the time when I missed some of the best tennis experiences due to my hatred towards Pete Sampras. I hated him for a very long time for I can't really remember what and was rooting against the guy all the time. Too bad he simply won too much. Ruined my watching tennis for like a decade.

But you are right, I'll adress this after the game. Which is nice, BTW.

ChrisKreager
05-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Spurs hitting too much 3pts ($(^&

They have become what the Suns used to be, when it comes to jacking the three-balls.

bigkingsfan
05-19-2008, 10:07 PM
The crowd sucks, wake up...

Loki
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Wow, Chandler has Duncan on complete lockdown. It's almost sad to watch.

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
David West must be hurting big time,he cant even jump for a rebound.:eek:

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 10:10 PM
The crowd sucks, wake up...

I thought this was supposed to be home-court advantage..they are doing jack **** to pump up there team.:wtf:

Loki
whats wrong with wanting the team he thinks will give la a tougher matchup going through? thats what everyone wants to see minus la fans. isnt it better to see a tight series?

It's mostly just that SA has no one to match up with Odom while NO has West, who has a decent blend of size/speed. Odom will destroy SA if they meet up and will be the deciding factor in the series imo.

MochaUdoka
They have become what the Suns used to be, when it comes to jacking the three-balls.

the spurs rarely "jack" threes.

ukplayer4
05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
i personally see san an as a tougher team for la to face

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 10:13 PM
come'on Parker walk up if he gets his act together this should be blowout...

XxNeXuSxX
05-19-2008, 10:13 PM
:roll: Parker airballs an open jumper. What else is new?

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
wow 3 open 3s missed by bowen and parker.

MochaUdoka
05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
oh noes! 4 fouls on Duncan

bigkingsfan
05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
NO is fortunate all these wide open looks for sa isn't going down...

They're in the bonus next foul, lets go

RoseCity07
05-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Did Chris Paul just punch Michael Finely in the face. Wow. Makes up for Manu fouling him and it not counting.

bigkingsfan
05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
It's peja time

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Peja pulling a wally world in a game 7..

RandomBalla55
05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Hornets can't make anything right now..

bigkingsfan
05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Peja pulling a peja in a game 7..
Corrected

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Guaranteed WCF: Lakers vs Spurs :cheers:

Loki
05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Chris Paul has a mean streak, but he tries to keep it on the DL. :oldlol: That dude has some serious pent-up aggression.

Younggrease
05-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Chris Paul has a mean streak, but he tries to keep it on the DL. :oldlol: That dude has some serious pent-up aggression.

its just funny how no one in the media calls him on his borderline dirty play

MochaUdoka
both teams missing wide open shots this quarter. the Hornets need to be making their comeback now with Duncan on the bench. start attacking the rim and getting more fouls. if they can't capitalize now their window will begin to close as the veteran Spurs know how to close out a lead

bigkingsfan
Bow wow, sit your ass down.

Babalu
05-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm declaring this one over. Spurs v Lakers

NO cant hit a ****ing thing except airballs and bricks. They are only still alive because of their getting fouls called. This one wont have some crazy close last few minutes alla lakers jazz. Sorry NO, your good but you can't play ****ty home games in the post season. Time to go fishing.

:violin: :violin: :violin:

Loki
its just funny how no one in the media calls him on his borderline dirty play

LMAO I knew as soon as I posted that that you would be the first one to respond. :oldlol: I meant it, though; I didn't post it as bait. :D

dafunkphenom
i personally see san an as a tougher team for la to face
People that argue otherwise are dumb!

gpfanz
COMON HORNETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Chris Paul looks like a really good player, but he doesn't seem to be a better player than Deron Williams and he sure doesn't look like an MVP out there. Very good but not as good as some posters here make him out to be. Not yet at least.

Loki
Spurs are unconscious. This is some Laker scrub kinda zone they're in. :oldlol:

fiad06
Clutch horry!

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Horry!!! Thats why he is clutch

dafunkphenom
B...i...g...s...h...o...t...b..o...b!!!!!

RandomBalla55
Spurs are unconscious. This is some Laker scrub kinda zone they're in. :oldlol:

True, but it helps when the Hornets constantly leave shooters open while trying to shut down penetration.

Indian guy
Marv: O-rry for 3.....YES!

That triggers so many bad memories man...

RoseCity07
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Spurs killing the Hornets. Come on New Orleans make it a game.

Loki
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Holy cow at that move Manu made to split the trap.

RoseCity07
05-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Damn Chris Paul has a strong arm.

Indian guy
Not to jinx SA, but it's hard to imagine NO overcoming a 15 point lead in 1 qtr. Not given the way SA is playing.

LA/SA will be a terrific series. I got in LA in 6.

ChrisKreager
It's official:

the Spurs have made more three-pointers in this game than Orlando did in Game 1 against the Raptors.

I'm throwing in the towel.

Congratulations to 'Satan's Team": I hope the Lakers beat them, for the sake of NBA fans outside S.A.

elementally morale
Wow Paul. That was niiiiiiiiiiice.

rapsfan3
congrats to the spurs for eliminating the hornets and advancing to the WCF.

dafunkphenom
05-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Not to jinx SA, but it's hard to imagine NO overcoming a 15 point lead in 1 qtr. Not given the way SA is playing.

LA/SA will be a terrific series. I got in SA in 6.
Fixed!

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 10:28 PM
little bow, Forest Whitaker, ric flair have not seen them when the Hornets were not doing so good. Nice to see the spurs blowing them out

ChrisKreager
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
There is no justice.

'Satan's Team' has done it again.

ukplayer4
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Marv: O-rry for 3.....YES!

That triggers so many bad memories man...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

MochaUdoka
05-19-2008, 10:30 PM
as a spurs fan this game has been fantastic
as a basketball fan i'm extremely dissappointed in that 3rd quarter
i mean, never say never, but it looks like the game is already over. lets hope for some 4th quarter fireworks!

stewen12
Conspiracy Theories

dafunkphenom
little bow, Forest Whitaker, ric flair have not seen them when the Hornets were not doing so good. Nice to see the spurs blowing them out
whOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to say it. Go Spurs!

bigkingsfan
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Rooting for the Hornets but glad they didn't advance after watching tonight. unfortunately I hate the remaining teams, outside the pistons, so the conference finals will be hard to watch.

stewen12
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
thats the Paul i like

fiad06
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
It's official:

the Spurs have made more three-pointers in this game than Orlando did in Game 1 against the Raptors.

I'm throwing in the towel.

Congratulations to 'Satan's Team": I hope the Lakers beat them, for the sake of NBA fans outside S.A.

Orlando made 13 threes...SA made 11.

stewen12
05-19-2008, 10:34 PM
what a great call! Refs just know hoe to destroy momentum. And a shot by Parker :-(

stewen12
05-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Pargo is going to take this game over

TruthKGRay3412
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Pargo is going to take this game over

:lol :lol

juju151111
oh so now u want to play ball in the last 7 gms and 3 Q.Pargo u fing retard fu.paul hasn't sat on the bench for the whole gm.he winded.

stewen12
:lol :lol

:cheers:

stewen12
05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
who are u talking to? Byron Scott?

gobbledygookie
05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Spurs are just playing better, extremely poised, I don't see a come back

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
oh so now u want to play ball in the last 7 gms and 3 Q.Pargo u fing retard fu.paul hasn't sat on the bench for the whole gm.he winded.

Huh? Last 7 games AND 3 qrts? Who winded? Wha?

stewen12
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Huh? Last 7 games AND 3 qrts? Who winded? Wha?
He speaking computer program language

juju151111
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
why won't they get the fing rebounds???

gts
05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Huh? Last 7 games AND 3 qrts? Who winded? Wha?i speak juju, he's saying pargo has been a non factor throughout the series and he finally shows up to play in the seventh game of the series when the game seems to be out of reach

Indian guy
05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
****. CP3 should have made that.

stewen12
05-19-2008, 10:43 PM
"Gave Manu a taste of his own medicine" haha

gts
hornets down by 10, still plenty of time

gpfanz
Still enough time to play catching up :banghead:

plat1numX
paul flopping on manu = $$$

ForceOfNature
F you Ginobili, Paul just gave "Manu" a taste of his own flopping medicine.

Banks91
what a flop

MochaUdoka
come on Paul I know Manu's elbows aren't that powerful :lol

bladefd
What a smart flop by CP3. Flopobili getting his own taste of the medicine as the announcer said. :oldlol:

elementally morale
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
i speak juju, he's saying pargo has been a non factor throughout the series and he finally shows up to play in the seventh game of the series when the game seems to be out of reach

Thx. Sometimes it's tough not being American, I guess.

juju151111
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
i speak juju, he's saying pargo has been a non factor throughout the series and he finally shows up to play in the seventh game of the series when the game seems to be out of reach
lmao man they gave up so many offensive rebs

Showtime
05-19-2008, 10:45 PM
He was hit in the face with an elbow...

krispykreme23
05-19-2008, 10:47 PM
lol **** Pargo. He thinks he is Jordan.

gts
so do the hornets have one more run in them coming out of the time out?

stewen12
Pargo just played crappy on both ends of the court. 4 point swing

jaydacris
get the hero wannabe pargo off the floor, hes gambling far too much with his defense and shots

stewen12
05-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Why The **** Cant Pargo Stop Shooting> Is He ****ing Retarded

Babalu
05-19-2008, 10:49 PM
lmao at pargo. Its like he thinks he can actually do something. **** OFF AND GIVE THE BALL TO CP3 OR WEST YOU ****ING HOMO

Hotshoot
05-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Pargo...

i love how people say chris paul is better than Tony parker but he does not even handling the ball when the game is on the line

rapsfan3
05-19-2008, 10:50 PM
at least duncan has 5 fouls....they gotta keep attacking him here with 5 minutes here.

elementally morale
get the hero wannabe pargo off the floor, hes gambling far too much with his defense and shots

Exactly. Guys of Pargo's caliber get hot soemtimes but it's a good idea to take them off the floor right after their mini-run. They insstantly think they are much better than they are and start to jack up everything.

EDIT: :roll:

juju151111
WTF was that?Refs are stupid.

Babalu
05-19-2008, 10:51 PM
flopobili accidentally hit his flop button when nobody was around but still got the foul on cp3

Indian guy
We got a game!

stewen12
OMG at Pargo. That 3 was so lucky. WTF is he doing

rapsfan3
That was a major 3 by pargo.

DuMa
not liking pargo taking shots but hes hitting them.

Laker4Lyfe
Pargo...

i love how people say chris paul is better than Tony parker but he does not even handling the ball when the game is on the line

You can't blame that on Paul, Pargo isn't passing the ball.

SCY
LOL, Pargo is going to win this game by himself.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Pargo steppin up..

DTD
05-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Pargo taking over.

Who knew he was such a ball hog. wow.

NoGunzJustSkillz
pargo getting the kobe bryant treatment.

ForceOfNature
Pargo has come up big, making this a 4 point game with 3:10 to go!

dafunkphenom
flopobili accidentally hit his flop button when nobody was around but still got the foul on cp3
Now that's skill!

Seriously though, that was a horrible call.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
damn JP, big free throws

bladefd
CP3 disappears in the 4th quarter and here comes Pargo taking the game over. :roll:

juju151111
**** the refs