PDA

View Full Version : Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

SportsAnalyzer
05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
I think if you are the Spurs you are not feeing that bad about tonight's game. They showed that in Game 1 they are clearly the better team when they led all night long and just had too many turnovers that allowed the Lakers to get back in the game. The Lakers look like they need Kobe to SHINE in every game to have a chance in each game and I don't see the Spurs losing on Friday Night. Yes a loss when you had a 20 point lead on the road is a tough loss but isn't actually a good loss for San Antonio??

You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.

~LA's fine$t~
05-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Lakers had no business winning this game, 20 point deficit...no momentum, no one outside of Rad and Kobe had a good game...Gasol did step up, Farmar was better then expected...I know SA's Manu and Parker didn't exactly lit up the court tonight...but neither did our boys.

I think in the first 30 minutes we thought we can make the same cute passes we did against Denver & Utah...we were puzzled with all those turn overs, SA was outplaying us badly...then Kobe took over, he is that good.

We really need to start appreciating this guy, I didn't even jump in joy when Kobe hit that game winning shot...I expected him, I knew he'd make it...that's how terrific of a player he really is. Despite what Loki has to say.

I just hope Odom & Fisher can have a better game, as long as Kobe stays aggressive for the duration of an entire game...I feel really good about LA taking this series in 5 games, like I predicted.

I hope this was a wake up call for us, we got lucky...but we also played out of our element. Thankfully SA chocked the game away, maybe it was the lack of rest.

LA up 1-0!! I'm happy... :pimp:

BTrujillo
05-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I think its too hard to tell what effect this will have... the Lakers definitely had an ugly game today and Spurs looked much more ready to play...BUT this is one of those demoralizing type games that might be hard to bounce back from. The first few minutes of game 2 will show exactly where both teams are at.

bagelred
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
I want the Lakers to lose so badly. They don't deserve it. Get Pau Gasol from Grizzlies for nothing. Collusion!!!!

Kobe wants to leave but doesn't. Phil Jackson gets most talent AGAIN.

Anyway, Spurs are in trouble. Lakers just have too many weapons and of course, Kobe. It's over.

gigantes
05-22-2008, 12:41 AM
how was this an ugly win if the lake show came all the way back from 20-down? any mentally-healthy team would call it a rousing character win.

how was this a good loss if you blew a huge lead? a good loss is when you battled hard and almost won against difficult odds.

i'm sorry, but neither of your characterizations fit.

hotsizzle
05-22-2008, 12:44 AM
How about a good win for the Lakers? You don't come back from down 20 in the second half because you're lucky. Great win for LA but they didnt play up to their capabilities. I thought Elementally put it perfectly.."Great win, Good game"

Mamba
05-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I want the Lakers to lose so badly. They don't deserve it. Get Pau Gasol from Grizzlies for nothing. Collusion!!!!

Anyway, Spurs are in trouble. Lakers just have too many weapons and of course, Kobe. It's over.
ye that has nothing to do with the grizz looking for expiring contracts and trying to build around rudy gay.

or the lakers trying to bring a championship back to LA?

you friend, are an idiot!

SportsAnalyzer
05-22-2008, 12:49 AM
How about a good win for the Lakers? You don't come back from down 20 in the second half because you're lucky. Great win for LA but they didnt play up to their capabilities. I thought Elementally put it perfectly.."Great win, Good game"

Small Picture=Lakers won game 1

Big Picture=Lakers had to come back from 20 pts down to win

Bigger Picture-Lakers first lead of the game in Game 1 at home wasn't until the 4th quarter.

DKLaker
05-22-2008, 12:49 AM
I think if you are the Spurs you are not feeing that bad about tonight's game. They showed that in Game 1 they are clearly the better team when they led all night long and just had too many turnovers that allowed the Lakers to get back in the game. The Lakers look like they need Kobe to SHINE in every game to have a chance in each game and I don't see the Spurs losing on Friday Night. Yes a loss when you had a 20 point lead on the road is a tough loss but isn't actually a good loss for San Antonio??

You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.

LMAO.....What game were YOU watching????
Kobe didn't even try to play in the first half, if he had the Lakers would have won by 20+ points.
Odom did absolutely nothing besides blocking Duncan once.
Fisher managed to dent the rim with a steady flow of bricks.
If you actually think the Lakers will play this poorly in the series you are delirious.
All the Spurs can hope and expect to improve upon is Ginobili hitting more shots.
If you blow a 20 point lead with the Lakers playing that bad you are dead meat.....better start booking that vacation now!!!

~LA's fine$t~
05-22-2008, 12:50 AM
People need to stop whining about Gasol right now, it's a non-factor.
You don't see us whining about not having Ariza and Bynum this series, do you? I'd like to see SA without say Parker and K.Thomas for this series...that's equivalent to what we're missing right now.

Wonder Bread Kid
05-22-2008, 12:51 AM
SA was outplaying us badly...then [Pop sat Bowen for no reason and] Kobe took over, he is that good.

I hate when people do this but...

Fixed.

SoCalMike
05-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Get Pau Gasol from Grizzlies for nothing. Collusion!!!!

Yeah, and there was no collusion between two former teammates in Ainge and McHale, right? Give me a break... :oldlol:

:pimp:

SoCalMike
05-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Small Picture=Lakers won game 1

Big Picture=Lakers had to come back from 20 pts down to win

Bigger Picture-Lakers first lead of the game in Game 1 at home wasn't until the 4th quarter.

Biggest Picture-Pjax 40-0 when his teams win the first game in a playoff series...

Brickz187
05-22-2008, 12:55 AM
This was a great win for the lakers. Kobe tried to involve the team more and took little to no shots and that showed why the spurs were so dominent in the first half(and the bench for lakers being very dominate compared to the starters). Once kobe got back from vacation and started doing what Kobe does the team got motivated and got back into the game as well as the fans. Gasol did his part in the game. Kobe did his part in the game. Fisher and Odom really lacked in this game.You can also say the same thing about Manu and Parker. Imagine if all these players were actually playing at there fullest capabilities? Great win for the lakers horrible loss for the spurs. they acted as if there was no way lakers could come back and just played the way they wanted to play when obviously the lakers told them they wanted to play there way and it worked.

bagelred
05-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah, and there was no collusion between two former teammates in Ainge and McHale, right? Give me a break... :oldlol:

I believe that was collusion too.

So let's see, the Grizzlies get rid of Gasol to free up cap space to sign......um.......somebody NOT AS GOOD AS GASOL. They give up a legitimate young franchise player for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! ZERO!!!!!!!!!! for worthless cap space. To build around Rudy Gay who will never be as good as Pau Gasol.

And gee, what a coincidence that Jerry West worked for Grizzlies and he's Mr. Laker. Nothing to see here folks......

Wonder Bread Kid
05-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Is Kobe bryant the reason San Antonio scored 13 points in the 4th quarter?

Case closed. Stop making excuses your embarrassing yourself.

My correction wasn't about why the Spurs sucked on offense in the 4th. Maybe if you had the reading comprehension of a turtle you'd know that. My comment was strictly related to Kobe and his going off after being quiet for most of the game.

Hey, was Kobe the reason the Spurs scored about the same in the 3rd and 4th qts. of games 1, 2 and 3 against New Orleans?

ChrisKreager
05-22-2008, 12:58 AM
This is almost a reversal of the Suns/Spurs game 1:

Team blows big lead late in game

Will the Spurs be able to bounce back like Phoenix couldn't?

SportsAnalyzer
05-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Biggest Picture-Pjax 40-0 when his teams win the first game in a playoff series...

THE HUMONGOUS PICTURE: The Spurs showed they are capable of stealing a game in LA whether it's game 2, 5, or 7

Brickz187
05-22-2008, 01:06 AM
THE HUMONGOUS PICTURE: The Spurs showed they are capable of stealing a game in LA whether it's game 2, 5, or 7

They showed they can win a game in LA when Kobe doesnt play. Lakers showed that Kobe can easily take over the spurs at any part of the game. Wiether he can do that in SA is up in the air.

Wonder Bread Kid
05-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Why would you even be worried about why Kobe scored so much in a thread about characterizing the end result of this game.

So what are your crybaby posts insinuating at the end of the day?

Bowen goes to bench-->Kobe goes off --> lakers take lead--> lakers win game.

You act as if the Lakers win was solely due to Kobe going off. That's the point Im making.

He scored 14 of the 24 4th qt points the Lakers scored and probably assisted on 2 or 3 baskets.

His going off WAS the sole reason the Lakers won.

Also, Kobe going off is not because Bowen went to the bench. KObe took 3 shots in the first half because he was reading the game. Second half he switched gears, and even when Bowen was on him he scored. i.e. basket to take 2 point lead with 20+ seconds left.

Idiot.

What? Kobe played like crap until Pop sat Bowen mid 3rd. Then he began to score on Udoka and then Manu.

FYI... the Lakers didn't take the lead until late in the fourth (when it was 81-81) and it was on a pair of free throws.

Wonder Bread Kid
05-22-2008, 01:15 AM
They showed they can win a game in LA when Kobe doesnt play. Lakers showed that Kobe can easily take over the spurs at any part of the game. Wiether he can do that in SA is up in the air.

Kobe can take over. But his taking over has what to do with the Spurs atrocious shooting and lack of scoring?

blasian
05-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Everyone who thinks that this game is proof that SA will take the series seems to forget that the exact same thing happened to Phx in game 1 of the first round.

Brickz187
05-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Kobe can take over. But his taking over has what to do with the Spurs atrocious shooting and lack of scoring?

Thats all the spurs fault. There lack of scoring better only be 2days game because anymore games like that then its a wrap. Spurs are a very good team and i know what there capable of. But they seemed way to confident on the fact they had a 20 point lead. Championship teams cannot play that way. Also Lakers dont even have a great defense. So spurs should of been ****ting on them all day. If they make if past LA and the celtics advance there going to have a tough game. Boston plays very good defense and has a very good offense. Spurs cant choke during games no matter how far in the lead they are. Lakers showed they can easily come back from that if you give them the oppertunity.

Wonder Bread Kid
05-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Everyone who thinks that this game is proof that SA will take the series seems to forget that the exact same thing happened to Phx in game 1 of the first round.

The same thing happened in round two against the Hornets. More times.

blasian
05-22-2008, 01:36 AM
The same thing happened in round two against the Hornets. More times.

Spurs didn't blow a 20 point lead in those losses

gts
05-22-2008, 01:42 AM
THE HUMONGOUS PICTURE: The Spurs showed they are capable of stealing a game in LA whether it's game 2, 5, or 7you're right the 14 point 4th quarter has me convinced...

seriously the spurs are a great team, they can steal one with ease... but so can the lakers...

Wonder Bread Kid
05-22-2008, 01:49 AM
seriously the spurs are a great team, they can steal one with ease... but so can the lakers...

They have yet to prove it.

elementally morale
05-22-2008, 01:50 AM

I, too, think the Spurs are capable of winning a game on the road but I doubt it's a game 7 again. The most likely at this point would be game 5 (with being down 3-1, making it 3-3 on their court only to lose in 7). That's my prediction as of now.

elementally morale
05-22-2008, 01:53 AM
They have yet to prove it.

Both of them.

gts
05-22-2008, 02:02 AM
They have yet to prove it.i think they both have, spurs winninggame 7 in new orleans, lakers winning game 6 in utah against a team that only lost there 4 times all year... lakers have won 3 road games this postseason spurs have won two

HANNIBAL SMITH
05-22-2008, 02:04 AM
:oldlol: Good lost for the spurs my ass. These are the friggin defending champions. When was the last time a team has came back to beat them when they had a 20 point lead and were dominating most of the game? The Spurs were trying to get this game trying to send a message early, Kobe and the Lakers were having none of that.

The Lakers scratched and clawed their way back into this game and won it. For a young team like the Lakers, that can only be a confidence booster. Seemed like the Lakers were looking like the champs and the spurs were looking like the young upcoming team in that second half. There is absolutely ZERO reason this game being a good loss for the Spurs. They were pretty much dominating the Lakers throughout the game............and they still lost.

:oldlol: Duncan played flawless, easily his second best game of the playoffs after game 1 vs the suns, Bowen and udoka were hitting shots in the first half, Parker was doing what he do. So you cant say that the Spurs were playing terrible while the Lakers played their ass off, the Lakers only scored 89 fuggin points for crying out loud. :oldlol: 23 points BELOW their playoff average.

This was a game the spurs had to have. Them blowing out the Lakers would of been a statement game and had the Lakers with their tail tucked between their legs, Now, the Lakers confidence has rose even further. To come back down from 20 to beat the defending champs? Thats practically unheard of.

bdreason
05-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Ugly loss for the Spurs.

This game may cost them the series... similar to the Suns vs. Spurs round 1, game 1.

Wonder Bread Kid
05-22-2008, 02:11 AM
:oldlol: Duncan played flawless, easily his second best game of the playoffs after game 1 vs the suns, Bowen and udoka were hitting shots in the first half, Parker was doing what he do. So you cant say that the Spurs were playing terrible

I'm sorry, aside from tim, when did all that happen in the second half?

shadow
05-22-2008, 02:23 AM
Its just one win for the Lakers. We won a game at home. I wouldn't read too much into it beyond that. If it were game 5, it'd be a different story, but its game 1. SA is a battle tested team, I doubt this affects them very much. Lakers' starters played a very anemic first half. We'll need the guys to step up next game, especially on the road. LO & Fish will need to show up as well for us to have a chance.

starface
05-22-2008, 03:18 AM
I agree with the OP

Lakers still dont know their identity i dont think. yeah it was easy for everyone to get theirs and look good against the Nuggets. Then it got a little tougher against Utah for them trying to figure out if kobe is gonna shoot or if his teammates are. And now they're playing the toughest team of all and they looked baffled for most of the game.

the reason they won is because they forced turnovers on defense but IMO its more likely that san antonio will cut down on the turnovers than it is that the lakers will get their offense together.

SA will win

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-22-2008, 03:59 AM

You're an idiot!!

Pop was laughing cause he's embarrassed. Any coach would be embarrassed blowing a 20 pt lead. Pop tried to play it cool by laughing and joking about it. What a tool! His team is a laughing stock.

also...

Consider Kobe Bryant toyed with your team, scoring only 2 pts in the 1st half. Fish and Odom was non-existant. And your Spurms had a 20pt lead..

Take all that into account and your team still lost...

When the Lakers come to play..They are the better team...

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-22-2008, 04:01 AM
SA will win

Do you think saying that a million times will help your team cause??

Fact: Phil Jackson's team is 40-0 when winning game 1 in a playoff series..

MaxFly
05-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Do you think saying that a million times will help your team cause??

Fact: Phil Jackson's team is 40-0 when winning game 1 in a playoff series..

I wish people would stop repeating this. These sorts of records fall all the time.

Laker4Lyfe
05-22-2008, 07:40 AM

Really??? I thought that the score at the END of the game is what matters. Did the Spurs have the lead at the end?

The haterism here at ISH makes people turn into complete idiots. You do know that's what your post makes you look like right?

WHAT IN THE F*CK is a "GOOD LOSS"? I always thought that people play to WIN, not LOSE GOOD.

Pure stupidity. :banghead:

Rockets(T-mac)
05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
I don't think you should ever be happy about a loss where you had a 20 point lead in the 3rd quarter and just lost it. That is nothing to be happy about. Lakers should be a very happy with this win, they showed that they can come from behind and win and are feeling confident right now.

kps
05-22-2008, 10:02 AM
good win for the Lakers, bad loss for the Spurs

niko
05-22-2008, 10:19 AM
The Lakers were playing absolutely awful, and then Kobe said HEY ILL jUST KICK THEIR ASS NOW and he did. There were some layup misses, etc. for the Lakers or they would have won more. The other thing is, the Spurs got a lot of calls early on, and once that flipped in the 3rd, they just melted down. You cant melt down every time you dont get calls.

Im at a loss as to how blowing a 20 point lead in a chance to steal a road game when you havent been winning on the road against a team that you are are best a 50/50 propisition at best is a good thing. That's jsut wishful thinking.

if you still think the spurs will win, fine but hell, its not a good loss.

Istealfrombums
05-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I believe that was collusion too.

So let's see, the Grizzlies get rid of Gasol to free up cap space to sign......um.......somebody NOT AS GOOD AS GASOL. They give up a legitimate young franchise player for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! ZERO!!!!!!!!!! for worthless cap space. To build around Rudy Gay who will never be as good as Pau Gasol.

And gee, what a coincidence that Jerry West worked for Grizzlies and he's Mr. Laker. Nothing to see here folks......

Free up cap space, few draft picks, Marc Gasol, and Javaris Crittenton. Did you say Rudy Gay will never be as good as Pau Gasol? Have you watched even ONE Grizzlies game all season?
Gasol was also tanking in Memphis for the past few seasons, why keep a player when he's going to end up leaving after his contract?

Da_Realist
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
The other thing is, the Spurs got a lot of calls early on, and once that flipped in the 3rd, they just melted down. You cant melt down every time you dont get calls.

Bad loss. And ^^ is the reason why. You don't lose that game when you're up 20 in the second half -- especially when you're defending champions against a team that was just put together 2 weeks ago.

If the Spurs would stop falling down looking for a call after every touch foul and man up and play like champions they may still win this thing. I HATE all that flopping. On both sides, really...but the Spurs are supposed to be the champs.

BballFan422
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
a) Sure, Pau to LA is the first steal in the history of the NBA(sarcasm). I love how people don't acknowledge the fact that Memphis wants some cap relief and Kwame was a big expiring contract. If they traded for Kwame and intended to keep him that's when you say you traded for nothing. Duh!

People consider it a steal because Memphis could've actually gotten some good players for Gasol. I know they're "rebuilding" but, when you got a player of his caliber (that you want to trade), you should use him to actually make your team better.

Also, there's the Jerry West association to the Lakers and the fact that Memphis never put Gasol on the open market to get offers from other teams.

vert48
05-22-2008, 11:41 AM
First games are notorius trap games, and the Lakers lived through it, while the Spurs gave one away. Good win for the Lakers, bad loss for the Spurs.

veilside23
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
a win can never be called ugly.. in this league winning is important.. Its really a bad loss for the Spurs because they had the chance to steal one on the road. I dont think that game 2 will be the same.. Odom and fisher will bounce back.

BballFan422
05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
good win for the Lakers, bad loss for the Spurs

Agreed.

I still think the Spurs be encouraged though because they just came off of a hard fought series, Ginobili played like a** and they still almost won the game on the road.

gts
05-22-2008, 12:03 PM
haha spurs fans trying to take a moral victory for blowing a 20 point lead...

this is the finals, there is no margin for error, no time to reflect and try and pull something good from the bad...

spurs are a good team, don't cheapen them by trying to turn cloudy skies blue

DKLaker
05-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Agreed.

I still think the Spurs be encouraged though because they just came off of a hard fought series, Ginobili played like a** and they still almost won the game on the road.

Comical!!!! If Ginobili plays his best game and Odom and Fisher play a "good" game the Lakers still win......not to mention if Kobe actually scores in the first half.........throw that in and the Lakers blow out the Spurs start to finish.

hwliuLAP
05-22-2008, 12:14 PM
the only ugly wins are wins that are off cheating are by counting on the refs

everything else?

GREAT WIN

jmill
05-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Bad loss for the Spurs, Ugly win for the Lakers.

The fact that we were down 20 at home is not a good sign and makes me more concerned than ever about the series.

It was a great feeling watching that comeback but it certainly doesn't make me think we're just going to roll over them all of the sudden.

chopchop20
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM

Total BS! The Lakers have homecourt advantage, so the Spurs have to win at least 1 game on the road. If you can't win a game when you're up by 20 with 18 minutes to go, it's a very BAD thing.

joshwake
05-22-2008, 12:57 PM
the spurs were on an episode of Lost? nobody told me! sounds like it was a good one.

Indian guy
05-22-2008, 01:02 PM
There's no such thing as a good loss in the playoffs. Especially when you don't even have HC. SA lost their best shot at winning the series last night. Hard to imagine LA playing worse than that at home.

hateraid
05-22-2008, 01:13 PM

I can't buy that statement. Nobody complained when the Suns got Barkley for even less and they went to the finals. Don't blame teams for great management decisions. If your team can get quality for dirt cheap, wouldn't you take it?

MochaUdoka
05-22-2008, 01:35 PM
There's no such thing as a good loss in the playoffs. Especially when you don't even have HC. SA lost their best shot at winning the series last night. Hard to imagine LA playing worse than that at home.

bingo. good win for the lakers, bad loss for the spurs

Anaximandro1
05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Spurs are a laughing stock.It was a choke job and it hurts.Come on,this is disgusting.Ginobili,Parker looked like Derek Anderson or Antonio Daniels and it feels like 2001&2002 all over again.I remeber those scoring droughts.While Duncan used to put up monster numbers,his teammates used to throw up brick after brick.Let Duncan get his...

The Spurs lack/lacked killer instinct.They always did.The big man and a strong team defense won four championships,but they have never repeated as champs because they have never had a perimeter player capable of taking over big games on a consistent basis. (Ginobili is too erratic and inconsistent from game-to-game scoring-wise )

New Orleans were the better team,but they decided to double team the big man every time:terrible mistake.Phil Jackson is a wise man.I hope I

DKLaker
05-24-2008, 02:38 AM

As I said earlier.....if Odom and fisher play a decent game 1 and Kobe scores in both halves the Lakers would've beat the Spurs by 20.

Game 2 proves I was right!!!!

Do you STILL think the Spurts are the better team???

Pop was laughing because he has his vacation already booked for next weekend and won't have to pay a cancellation fee.....SWEET!!!!!!

Phil wasn't laughing bacause he is saving it for winning the Finals.:cheers:

SportsAnalyzer
05-28-2008, 09:02 AM
yeah that idiot was laughing after last night's loss too was which a big surprise and on top of that he says-"Barry wasn't fouled???

MaxFly
05-28-2008, 09:08 AM
yeah that idiot was laughing after last night's loss too was which a big surprise and on top of that he says-"Barry wasn't fouled???

Why would you come back and post in this thread. Why not just let it go and hope it dies off? It's doing harm to your credibility on this forum.

SportsAnalyzer
05-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Why would you come back and post in this thread. Why not just let it go and hope it dies off? It's doing harm to your credibility on this forum.

Well it's possible to be wrong isn;t it? Are you going to tell me no one was ever wrong who analyzes sports on TV???

MaxFly
05-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Well it's possible to be wrong isn;t it? Are you going to tell me no one was ever wrong who analyzes sports on TV???

If it was just that you were wrong, it would be one thing. It's that the analysis was somewhat myopic. I'd just leave it alone.

DKLaker
05-29-2008, 02:22 AM

I actually respect you for admitting you were wrong and not running away from a bad analysis. Better to be a stand up guy than a chickensh#t punk who runs away, i'll give you that :cheers:

Trust me........Pop already has his mind in the Bahamas on vacation.
He's a great coach but he knows when he's beaten.

SportsAnalyzer
05-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I actually respect you for admitting you were wrong and not running away from a bad analysis. Better to be a stand up guy than a chickensh#t punk who runs away, i'll give you that :cheers:

Trust me........Pop already has his mind in the Bahamas on vacation.
He's a great coach but he knows when he's beaten.

I honestly thought the lakers had used up so much energy coming back in game 1 that they wouldn;t have anything left in game 2 and that the spurs would win

ukplayer4
05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
I honestly thought the lakers had used up so much energy coming back in game 1 that they wouldn;t have anything left in game 2 and that the spurs would win

its 1 ****ing game of basketball not a heavy weight title fight

SportsAnalyzer
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
its 1 ****ing game of basketball not a heavy weight title fight

I know but i remember back in 2002 when the Celtics were down 41-16 in Game 3 of the ECF, they came all the way back to win and had no energy left for Game 4 and lost which what I thought was going to happen wih the lakers and spurs

DKLaker
05-29-2008, 12:43 PM
I know but i remember back in 2002 when the Celtics were down 41-16 in Game 3 of the ECF, they came all the way back to win and had no energy left for Game 4 and lost which what I thought was going to happen wih the lakers and spurs

The Lakers are a young, deep team with the BLACK MAMBA running the show,
the Spurs are older and exhausted from battling the Hornets in a 7 game series. They haven't had any time to rest with this every other day schedule.....insane isn't it?