60. Boston-Omer Asik

knickballer
05-23-2008, 10:16 PM
1. Chicago Bulls - Michael Beasley
2. Miami Heat - Derrick Rose
3. Minnesota Timberwolves - Jerryd Bayless
4. Seattle Supersonics - Russell Westbrook
5. Memphis Grizzlies - Brooklyn Lopez

Brook lopez. Their was a couple of reaches here. Minny, Seattle could of used Mayo even Memphis

Cohnman15
05-23-2008, 11:15 PM
With the 6th Pick the New York Knicks select OJ Mayo.

I can't even begin to predict what the Knicks line-up is going to be next year. There is an excellent chance that Randolph won't be there and Marbury could be traded as well.

If Marbury is traded or bought out, Mayo will share the backcourt with Crawford and both will share the point guard duties.

If Marbury is not bought out, Mayo will likely be one of the first people off the bench but will have an important role in D'Antoni's up-tempo offense.

Qlippers
05-24-2008, 12:04 PM
With the 6th Pick the New York Knicks select OJ Mayo.

I can't even begin to predict what the Knicks line-up is going to be next year. There is an excellent chance that Randolph won't be there and Marbury could be traded as well.

If Marbury is traded or bought out, Mayo will share the backcourt with Crawford and both will share the point guard duties.

If Marbury is not bought out, Mayo will likely be one of the first people off the bench but will have an important role in D'Antoni's up-tempo offense.

Well with the 7th pick of the LA Clippers select Eric Gordon.

Skywalker
05-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Brook lopez. Their was a couple of reaches here. Minny, Seattle could of used Mayo even Memphis

Mayo and Bayless are projected to be literally the exact same position on average I bet so how would taking Bayless over Mayo be a reach? stupid

LBJ 4 MVP
05-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Clippers just picked Eric Gordon, jamal99 and the Bucks are up.

jamal99
05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
With the 8th pick Milwaukee Bucks select Danilo Gallinari.

I think that he's perfect fit for Bucks. Their main need is SF position. He gives the nice scoring and solid defense. I really like his inside-outside game and I think that he will fit in really fast.

TarHeelBorn
05-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Make the right choice ukballer!

Edit: And I'll pick for New Orleans if no one else is.

FireMcFailPlease
05-24-2008, 05:21 PM
lol

monthh
05-24-2008, 05:41 PM
TarHeelBorn, you can have NO, but make sure you are around pretty often.

And I love the Gallinari pick by the Bucks. They need a SF and he is a true SF that will fit in well. With Yi, Bogut, and Villanueva in the frontcourt, and Williams and Redd in the backcourt, this team should be in the playoffs. Gallinari should step in and contribute right away even if it is coming off the bench. This is the time for the Bucks to prove this long rebuilding process is going to work.

Qlippers
05-24-2008, 10:06 PM
TarHeelBorn, you can have NO, but make sure you are around pretty often.

And I love the Gallinari pick by the Bucks. They need a SF and he is a true SF that will fit in well. With Yi, Bogut, and Villanueva in the frontcourt, and Williams and Redd in the backcourt, this team should be in the playoffs. Gallinari should step in and contribute right away even if it is coming off the bench. This is the time for the Bucks to prove this long rebuilding process is going to work.

Can't go wrong with the Danilo pick for the Bucks. I believe Love and Randolph are still available for the Bucks, all would be good picks and not a stretch at this point of the draft.

ukballer
05-25-2008, 12:08 AM
With the 9th pick in the draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select:

Kevin Love

See the other thread for a brief breakdown :)

Dasher
05-26-2008, 09:09 AM
10th pick The Nets select Kansas' Darrell Arthur

InspiredLebowski
05-26-2008, 12:48 PM
11th pick, Indiana Pacers select Marreese Speights, University of Florida

disco
05-26-2008, 02:38 PM
12: Kings select Donte Greene from Syracuse

disco
05-26-2008, 02:38 PM
...comments in the other thread.

fatboy11
05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Can't believe Randolph is still on the board.

That means we have some smart posters, but I was never impressed by him.

KNOW1EDGE
05-26-2008, 05:04 PM
With the 13th pick the Blazers select DJ Augustin

monthh
05-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I like the way the draft has gone to this point. Each guy is making a decision based on who they think fits their team the best. Westbrook has really be the only reach, and every year guys fall and Randolph is as good of a choice as any to fall in this draft. No team really seems like a great fit for him so far.

Crazy things happen in every draft and anyone could go with the usual picks based on mock drafts on other sites, but NBA teams won't and I am glad people haven't so far. That is what makes it more fun.

disco
05-27-2008, 09:07 AM
I like the way the draft has gone to this point. Each guy is making a decision based on who they think fits their team the best. Westbrook has really be the only reach, and every year guys fall and Randolph is as good of a choice as any to fall in this draft. No team really seems like a great fit for him so far.

Crazy things happen in every draft and anyone could go with the usual picks based on mock drafts on other sites, but NBA teams won't and I am glad people haven't so far. That is what makes it more fun.

Me too. It's been really good so far. Well done everyone!

VCMVP1551
05-27-2008, 09:29 AM
The Bulls would be making a huge mistake if they pass on Rose.

fatboy11
05-27-2008, 12:12 PM
The Bulls would be making a huge mistake if they pass on Rose.
Rose doesn't solve any problems for them. They already have Hinrich. He just had a bad year. Derrick Rose isn't going to score for them in the paint.

monthh
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
I think the Bulls pick comes down to which is better, Hinrich and Beasley, or Rose and whoever they trade Hinrich for. If they are going to get Jermaine O'Neal, then I think Rose is the smarter pick. If they are only going to get Chris Wilcox for him, though, then I take Beasley and keep Hinrich.

disco
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
If they decide to pick Rose, does it automatically mean they'd have to trade Hinrich? I think they can co-exist.

fatboy11
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
If they decide to pick Rose, does it automatically mean they'd have to trade Hinrich? I think they can co-exist.But why take Rose and keep Hinrich when you need Beasley?

Anyway, with that said, it sounds like Chicago is going to take Rose. :oldlol:

Mr_Basketball#1
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
GoldenState selects-Anthony Randolph

LBJ 4 MVP
05-27-2008, 05:16 PM
With the 15th pick, the Phoenix Suns select Nicolas Batum from France

fatboy11
05-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I can't believe DeAndre Jordan is still on the board.

disco
05-27-2008, 07:01 PM
But why take Rose and keep Hinrich when you need Beasley?

Anyway, with that said, it sounds like Chicago is going to take Rose. :oldlol:

Well, because you would get the best player in the draft and form a backcourt that can become the best backcourt in the league. I think Beasley wouldn't definitely benefit them, but I don't that having Hinrich there is a reason not to pick Rose.

fatboy11
05-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Well, because you would get the best player in the draft and form a backcourt that can become the best backcourt in the league. I think Beasley wouldn't definitely benefit them, but I don't that having Hinrich there is a reason not to pick Rose.It's not a reason to pick Beasley. Them sorely needing a scoring big men is the reason. Hinrich just makes things easier.

People say Rose is the best player in the draft like Beasley is light years behind him. IMO, it's only because Memphis went to the national championship game. No one was saying this about Rose before the tourney. No one.

disco
05-27-2008, 07:34 PM
It's not a reason to pick Beasley. Them sorely needing a scoring big men is the reason. Hinrich just makes things easier.

People say Rose is the best player in the draft like Beasley is light years behind him. IMO, it's only because Memphis went to the national championship game. No one was saying this about Rose before the tourney. No one.

No, but Rose developed throughout the year and was at his best in the end of the year. Beasley was great all year. Freshmen often develop during the season and I don't think it's a bad thing that Rose wasn't that great in December. What matters is where he is now, and in the tournament he proved his maturity, ability to lead and dominate in the both ends of the floor.

He run past Augustin and Collison whenever he wanted, finished against big men under the basket, showed he has developed a good shot etc. Beasley has more question marks because it's far from certain that he can do what he did against college opponents when he faces NBA PF's like Garnett. Rose, on the other hand, already is a player who will give headache to every single NBA pg. I don't think any pg in the league can match his combination of pace, strength, skills and body control. Beasley will probably become an all star, maybe be as good as LJ or Coleman were at their best, but Rose genuinely has a chance to be something really special. Better than Nash, Paul or Zeke. I think it's possible.

If you'll have Rose and Hinrich playing at guards, and Deng (who'll definitely bounce back) as a scoring three and two hard working big man,it will be a dangerous team. And possibly bringing Gordon off the bench gives you the best guard rotation in the league.

Ok, this was only my opinion and I don't claim I am great at judging talent. To me it just seems Rose is something so special he should go number one, no matter who you have in your roster.

fatboy11
05-27-2008, 09:19 PM
I guess that's where we differ.

While I do think Rose is the best prospect in the draft, I don't think the gap between he and Beasley is as wide as most. I think Chicago has good guards. I think they have good wing forwards. I think they have good rebounding forwards. What they obviously lack, and everyone has admitted this whether they're for Rose or for Beasley, is someone to score down low or a scoring forward. That's Beasley.

They have the top pick in the draft. That's something, either way they go, they won't have again next year. So when do they plan on getting this scoring big? Free Agency? Their cap situation does look good for the next couple of years, but that's a gamble. They've had trouble getting free agents in Chicago for whatever reason (Duncan, McGrady, even Eddie Jones, etc.). Ben Wallace has been the only big name guy they've been able to lure in recently and that blew up in their face.

I'm not saying Rose is a bad pick because I don't think they can go wrong here. Beasley just makes too much sense. Even if they did get a top pick next year, he's better than Blake Griffin and B.J. Mullens or any big who looks like they may be a lotto pick next year.

I guess I'm valuing size here. But I don't see Rose being better than Isaiah Thomas. I'm not ready to go there yet.

monthh
05-28-2008, 02:12 AM
I agree with both of you guys. I think in the end what seperates them for the Bulls are two things.

The first is that Rose is from Chicago. If both of these guys reach their prime, Rose puts more people in the seats.

The second is attitude. Not saying Beasley has a really bad attitude, but Rose plays in a way that sets the pace for his team. I think he is a lot like Chris Paul in that regard. Sure Paul is a great talent, but so isn't Marbury. Paul has the ability to ability to push the ball and get his team motivated the way he plays. Rose seems to have that some attitude when he plays the game. He will lead by example and having the Bulls look to score quickly and often. I think you need that type of game changer to win a lot of games in today's NBA. With Beasley you get a ton of points, but I think he will be a lot like Melo in that he doesn't really seem to take over games. Of course he did in college, but I don't think a non-guard can really do that in the NBA. I think that is why you see guys like Billups/RIP, Kobe, and Parker/Manu in the conference finals. They may not be their teams best players, but they set the tone for their teams. The Celtics have one of the rare big men in KG who can set the tone for his team, but they also have Rondo who at times hit big shots and took the game into his hands to pump the Celts up a bit.

fatboy11
05-29-2008, 10:30 AM
So it looks like we've stalled out here. Come on now. Let's pick up the pace.

Jailblazers7
05-29-2008, 10:50 PM
The 76ers will take JaVale McGee.

Remix
05-30-2008, 01:47 AM
skan72 hasn't been on in almost 4 weeks, so I will pick.

With the 17th pick of the 2008 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors select Chase Budinger of Arizona.

Remix
05-30-2008, 01:49 AM
With the 18th pick of the 2008 NBA draft the Washington Wizards select DeAndre Jordan of Texas A&M.

LBJ 4 MVP
05-30-2008, 09:04 AM
With the 19th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select Kosta Koufos from Ohio State

disco
05-30-2008, 09:15 AM
With the 19th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select Kosta Koufos from Ohio State

Great pick, I think. A PF with strength and some scoring ability would have been ideal, but there aren't any left worth the 19th pick, and Koufos was on my opinion the best possible choice. He can contribute immediately (even though he's young) and he can play either alonside Ilgauskas or with Varejao or Wallace as the replacement for the scoring big man Ilgauskas.

CaptainOwlClub
05-30-2008, 10:47 AM
with pick #20 the denver nuggets take- Alexis Ajinca 7-1 c from france- ajinca is the perfect long-term replacement for camby and complement to nene

InspiredLebowski
05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I think Koufos sucks, but to each his own. We'll see.

disco
05-30-2008, 10:59 AM
with pick #20 the denver nuggets take- Alexis Ajinca 7-1 c from france- ajinca is the perfect long-term replacement for camby and complement to nene

Interesting, but possibly smart pick. However it's a bit scary that he was so bad even in under 19 games, and in Euroleague he was given a total of 4 minutes playing time last year.

Remix
05-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Bump. Dasher, you're up.

Dasher
05-31-2008, 09:36 AM
With the 21st pick the Nets select Joe Alexander, the next Bobby Jones(76ers version).

He is blessed with great athleticism, a decent shot, and a great work ethic. He will provide depth on the wing and an insurance policy in case Boki Nachbar bolts in free agency.

fatboy11
05-31-2008, 12:10 PM
So......

TarHeelBorn
05-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Kinda surprised to see Jordan and Alexander slip considering the buzz surrounding the two recently.

Interminator
05-31-2008, 01:03 PM
With the 22nd Pick The Orlando Magic Select Kyle Weaver,Washington State.

disco
05-31-2008, 01:11 PM
With the 21st pick the Nets select the next Bobby Jones(76ers version).

He is blessed with great athleticism, a decent shot, and a great work ethic. He will provide depth on the wing and an insurance policy in case Boki Nachbar bolts in free agency.

So who did you pick?

fatboy11
05-31-2008, 01:12 PM
With the 22nd Pick The Orlando Magic Select Kyle Weaver,Washington State.
Reach.

No offense.

Dasher
05-31-2008, 01:18 PM
So who did you pick?
My bad Joe Alexander, it is on the first page of the thread.

fatboy11
So who is picking for Utah?

disco
Kinda surprised to see Jordan and Alexander slip considering the buzz surrounding the two recently.

Jordan was picked already. He went to Wizards.

Dasher
05-31-2008, 01:20 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/4b/Crips.jpg

Crips run the Draft Forum!!!!!!!!!!

Dasher
05-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Utah drafts Jason Thompson. He is another big skilled body who adds a bit of shot blocking to their frontline. He provides extra insurance in case Carlos Boozer bolts Utah after next season.

dhenk
05-31-2008, 06:44 PM
So many possibilities. Hibbert or Robin Lopez? One of the nice young PF prospects like White or Hickson? Jefferson? Or one of the good wings left?

I`ll take the wings.
CDR?
Rush?

With the 24th pick of the ISH-Wide Mock Draft, Seattle selects Bill Walker.

CaptainOwlClub
05-31-2008, 07:01 PM
zero chance that utah passes on robin lopez- they want a defensive center not a power foreward- they also like milsap as their backup pf- they really want shot blocking and post d- they claim

im a big wazzu& kyle weaver fan so i would be happy for him if he were drafted in the first rd- but i think its a pretty sketchy pick- i like lester hudson to the magic-

davon jefferson still the bpa -

Dasher
05-31-2008, 07:12 PM
zero chance that utah passes on robin lopez- they want a defensive center not a power foreward- they also like milsap as their backup pf- they really want shot blocking and post d- they claim

im a big wazzu& kyle weaver fan so i would be happy for him if he were drafted in the first rd- but i think its a pretty sketchy pick- i like lester hudson to the magic-

Jason Thompson has the versatility to play both the Center and the Power Forward positions. He measured at 6'11" and 250lbs at the pre-draft camp. He has the skill set that Robin lacks and they have similar ceilings.

fatboy11
05-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Hopefully monthh goes with Lopez or Rush.

CaptainOwlClub
05-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Jason Thompson has the versatility to play both the Center and the Power Forward positions. He measured at 6'11" and 250lbs at the pre-draft camp. He has the skill set that Robin lacks and they have similar ceilings.

i didnt know that and you probobly made a real good pick- i admit not knowing anything about thompson i just see lopez as the perfect utah jazz pick-

are all of the measurements for everyone at that camp including the top group that only did physicals listed somewhere?? it seems there are so many crazy different sizes for the players-

monthh
05-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Wow, this draft is flying now. Sorry to hold things up.

With the 24th pick, the Rockets select Chris Douglas-Roberts.

I know this won't be a popular pick with Rush on the board, but I don't think Rush can do anything that CDR can do except defend better. The Rockets need someone that can get their own shots, and CDR was one of the best in college basketball at just finding a way to get a shot off. It won't be as easy in the NBA, but he is a great shooter, is pretty athletic, and can handle the ball. I think he is the perfect swingman off the bench and part-time starter if T-Mac continues to get hurt.

In the end, I think CDR is the best player on the board and fills a need for the Rockets.

fatboy11
06-01-2008, 12:13 AM
I would have preferred Rush or Lopez (or Weems :) ), but CDR isn't a bad pick. I'm thinking if Robin Lopez is off the board, we definitely go wing. I'm looking at Rush, CDR, and maybe Bill Walker.

CDR seems to work well without the ball and he's a pretty crafty guy when it comes to scoring. That's something we do need.

monthh
06-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Rush is a shooter. When he does drive he is a north and south guy. At Kansas he couldn't really be that creative. That may change if he is given the chance to show all of his talents, but CDR is very crafty as you pointed out. I don't think they can go wrong either way.

And one thing you forget is the CDR is pretty good with the ball as well. I know that isn't his rep, but late in the shot clock, he can find his shot, which is something the Rockets really need I think. I'm not saying he is Kobe or T-Mac at getting his own shot, but he can clear enough room to get off a decent, or even off balance shot, which is really a strength for him.

I don't care for Bill Walker for the Rockets, though. This team wants to win now, and I just don't think they have time to wait for a guy to either make mistakes in the NBA or develop in the D-League.

Weems would be a great pick, and if it was a lock he fell to them in the 2nd round, then I think they take a big man for sure. I would take Lopez and Weems over CDR and Semih Erden any day.

fatboy11
06-01-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure it will take Bill Walker that long to adapt to the NBA. Kinda hard to say, though. We don't really know who much of last year was due to the knee injury. I don't see the Rockets management taking him anyway.

We already had Bill Walker in the form of Bonzi Wells and he was deemed expendable. I just like his game for some odd reason.

disco
06-01-2008, 06:49 AM

Are you serious?? I think it's extremely unlikely Jefferson will be picked in the first round. He was been awful at the pre-draft camp too and he should have stayed in college. He's dropping in all mocks. These are from draftexpress' daily round ups:

Day 1: May 29, 2008
Who hurt himself the worst? Most likely Davon Jefferson. He came here out of shape, and has barely been hustling at all for the past two days.

Day 3:May 30, 2008
Davon Jefferson continued not to show the type of effort or fire you would expect to see from a player who is currently fighting for his professional future, after having prematurely hired an agent following an average freshman season. His conditioning looks poor, he

CaptainOwlClub
06-01-2008, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=disco]Are you serious?? I think it's extremely unlikely Jefferson will be picked in the first round. He was been awful at the pre-draft camp too and he should have stayed in college. He's dropping in all mocks. These are from draftexpress' daily round ups:

Day 1: May 29, 2008
Who hurt himself the worst? Most likely Davon Jefferson. He came here out of shape, and has barely been hustling at all for the past two days.

Day 3:May 30, 2008
Davon Jefferson continued not to show the type of effort or fire you would expect to see from a player who is currently fighting for his professional future, after having prematurely hired an agent following an average freshman season. His conditioning looks poor, he

fatboy11
06-01-2008, 01:09 PM
are you serious? reading one site (who thinks jefferson is a pf?) for all of your evaluation- that site seems to think that they matter too much & put some clearly wrong info...but they sure do influence alot of people on this site- watch the games all year if you want to make evaluations-imo you just cant take everything you read as absolute fact

if you watched the pre-draft camp you would have noticed that davon jefferson is a notch above the rest of the guys there

why not use micheal beasley answer on who impressed him at the camp? beasley first words? davon jefferson-

if all of this board is just relaying info written on draftexpress or nbadraft.com than it isnt worth the time anymore- i sure like seeing actuall opinions instead of regergitated information-

davon jefferson is still the bpa
Jefferson is a notch of above anyone at the camp?

That's laughable, man. It's universally noted that Gary Forbes was the best player at the camp. Or at least performed the best, I should say. Everything I've read about Jefferson from the camp said that he came in out of shape and looked like he didn't care.

Jefferson also wasn't mentioned at all by ESPN.com's Chad Ford when talking about guys that impressed at the camp. Not something you would expect from someone who was "a notch above the rest of the guys there", is it?

disco
06-01-2008, 02:22 PM
are you serious? reading one site (who thinks jefferson is a pf?) for all of your evaluation- that site seems to think that they matter too much & put some clearly wrong info...but they sure do influence alot of people on this site- watch the games all year if you want to make evaluations-imo you just cant take everything you read as absolute fact

if you watched the pre-draft camp you would have noticed that davon jefferson is a notch above the rest of the guys there

why not use micheal beasley answer on who impressed him at the camp? beasley first words? davon jefferson-

if all of this board is just relaying info written on draftexpress or nbadraft.com than it isnt worth the time anymore- i sure like seeing actuall opinions instead of regergitated information-

davon jefferson is still the bpa

I watched over 200 college games last year. However, I'm a fan not "an expert". In terms of draft and prospect evaluations, I think draftexpress is the best there is. I don't think any other media spends as much time reporting what happens at the camp than they do and looking at the last 3 or 4 years, they had done great job.

And it's not only what they say, it's what being reported, e.g:

an Atlanta Hawks scout:"Jefferson is so athletic. But another year of school can't hurt them." and "And Jefferson needs to show some spunk, needs to drip sweat to prove he really cares."

"Next to Jefferson's name the Italian scout jotted down, "Buen athlete. Con poco defense," which seems easily translated to "Good athlete, plays little defense." latimes.com

Apart from what Beasley said in one interview, I haven't heard a single positive comment about the player. And I trust scouts better than Michael Beasley in their evaluations. Beasley also liked Singletary and Dorsey, two other players who won't have a chance to get picked in the first round.

Jefferson is a good athlete who averaged 12 points a game for an average team. He played a couple of really good games, but hasn't showed enough. He doesn't have a three point shot, doesn't have good skills or basketball IQ. He's a raw talent who should have stayed in college.

fatboy11
06-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I think Jefferson isn't all that great and never have. Good player, but there a number of players better than him available at this point.

CaptainOwlClub
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I watched over 200 college games last year. However, I'm a fan not "an expert". In terms of draft and prospect evaluations, I think draftexpress is the best there is. I don't think any other media spends as much time reporting what happens at the camp than they do and looking at the last 3 or 4 years, they had done great job.

And it's not only what they say, it's what being reported, e.g:

an Atlanta Hawks scout:"Jefferson is so athletic. But another year of school can't hurt them." and "And Jefferson needs to show some spunk, needs to drip sweat to prove he really cares."

"Next to Jefferson's name the Italian scout jotted down, "Buen athlete. Con poco defense," which seems easily translated to "Good athlete, plays little defense." latimes.com

Apart from what Beasley said in one interview, I haven't heard a single positive comment about the player. And I trust scouts better than Michael Beasley in their evaluations. Beasley also liked Singletary and Dorsey, two other players who won't have a chance to get picked in the first round.

Jefferson is a good athlete who averaged 12 points a game for an average team. He played a couple of really good games, but hasn't showed enough. He doesn't have a three point shot, doesn't have good skills or basketball IQ. He's a raw talent who should have stayed in college.

i like hearing that you watched the actual games- i dont think most have-i dvr'd &watched every game of each pac10 team& attending a handful, but admit to not watching nearly enough of the rest country-i actually tried fairly hard to see the good players instead of teams-

so im really wanting more info on alot of these guys around the country, but i see the national view on the players i really feel like i know(all pac10 players) and some of them are so wild and out there or just wrong that i dont know how to take the guys i havent seen alot of on things said about them- do you get any of that or do you see stuff said about guys you know that make you think that?

forbes did look great and played as good or better than anyone from the tv view i saw-

i wish i would have checked back to make sure i put athletically in the notch above part on davon jefferson, because i stand by that- he is just a bigger longer player than the others at the 3- and runs and jumps with or better than the rest

at the weakest draft position sf (imo)- forbes should be on the shortlist with jefferson- is forbes 6-8?

and the taking all of these comments so seriously at this point is a little shakey to me- they all seem to say things with a purpose imo- theyre never going give away their true thought and if anything they bend over backwards to not tell the truth sometime- if jefferson sucked and really was lazy there wouldnt be a word said about him-

where are the hieghts and weights taken at that camp?
how do you all rank the pf spot?
sf's
1-d jefferson
2-gallinari(never seen him)
3-j alexander
4-d green
5-g forbes

i consider buddinger for sure and bill walker and batum? as sg, and beasley and randolph as pf? but sf has to be the weakest spot in this draft- i am starting to think josh duncan of wake may be a sf and would join this list- forbes vs. alexander would be a great workout to try to set up- and green is hard for me to figure in

this whole position thing seems crazy when people take the prospects college position into account when talking about their pro positions- not the same thing imo- sure jefferson played pf and mayo sf for sc but that doesnt mean anything when they step on an nba court- same for bayless, he played 2 when arizona wanted to put their other gaurd in- he will play point gaurd all the time in the nba-

disco
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I agree that SF is a weak spot this year. I don't know if Rush could be categorised as one, but if yes, then I think he should make the list. Also, I really like Douglas-Roberts and he's above Alexander, Forbes and Jefferson in my rankings.

I haven't seen USC or PAC 10 in general as much as you, but I think the thing with Jefferson is that he's not ready. He's not necessarily similar player to Batum, but in terms of being players who are in consideration mostly because their upside, the are quite similar.

Yeah, I agree about comments. It's getting more and more difficult to say what's smokescreen and what's honest evaluation. But with Jefferson, I think it was a bit alarming that so many people said bad things about his effort. I don't thin anyone disputes his athletism. But if his skills aren't very developed, and it's mostly the physical aspect that make him an NBA prospect, I think he would have to at least impress with his attitude to convince people. You have to have at least 2 out of three from skills/physics/attitude to be a first round pick.

fatboy11
06-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think there's any smokescreen with Jefferson. I'm assuming you're taking about him sandbagging at the camp because he has solid interest or a promise in the 1st round, correct?

If that were the case, he probably would have pulled out of the camp like Ty Lawson did.

fatboy11
06-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Come on. Someone pick for San Antonio.

Dasher
06-03-2008, 08:10 AM
The Spurs select Brandon Rush. He brings much needed youth and athleticism to their aging corps of swing men. He has the maturity to play in the Popovich system, and can be sent down to Austin till he is truly ready to play.

disco
06-03-2008, 08:14 AM
The Spurs select Brandon Rush. He brings much needed youth and athleticism to their aging corps of swing men. He has the maturity to play in the Popovich system, and can be sent down to Austin till he is truly ready to play.

I think Rush is ready to play right away and will be the biggest steal of the draft if he drops this low. I really like both him and CDR and I was quite surprised to see them drop this low.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Is this still going?

Dasher
06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Is this still going?
Yeah, we just need someone to pick for Nawlins. Are you willing?

Mr_Basketball#1
06-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, we just need someone to pick for Nawlins. Are you willing?
New Orleans select Roy Hibbert.

He would be an upgrade over Melvin Ely and Armstrong imo.

InspiredLebowski
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Brandon Rush is the steal of this mock by far.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Brandon Rush is the steal of this mock by far.
CDR>>>>>>>Rush

Dasher
06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
The second round is up in the OP just in case we take it there.

InspiredLebowski
06-03-2008, 10:29 AM
CDR>>>>>>>Rush

I disagree.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
I disagree.
Rush is the better shooter, but CDR is more versatile.

monthh
06-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Rush is such a great fit for SA. I think CDR is a better fit for Houston, but Rush may be the better player, and certainly fits SA perfectly. They like defense and shooting. That is what Rush does. Playing with Parker and Duncan will really open things up for him. Should either be a future starter or 6th man for them. Plus he will help them right away.

I think Hibbert for NO is a solid pick. He will provide maybe 20-25 minutes off the bench where they will have a legit post scorer. Hibbert is a steal this late. I don't love him, but he is going to be big and score down low. NO will like that behind Chandler who is more of the defense/rebounding type.

With the Grizzlies up next, I think they need to either look for a PF to play next to Lopez, or a SG/SF to play next to Gay. With Robin Lopez still on the board, I think the twins could make a nice duo. If they don't think Brook can play PF, then Serge Ibaka and JJ Hickson both have a ton of potential and would fit nicely on a team that may look to run.

disco
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Rush is such a great fit for SA. I think CDR is a better fit for Houston, but Rush may be the better player, and certainly fits SA perfectly. They like defense and shooting. That is what Rush does. Playing with Parker and Duncan will really open things up for him. Should either be a future starter or 6th man for them. Plus he will help them right away.

I think Hibbert for NO is a solid pick. He will provide maybe 20-25 minutes off the bench where they will have a legit post scorer. Hibbert is a steal this late. I don't love him, but he is going to be big and score down low. NO will like that behind Chandler who is more of the defense/rebounding type.

With the Grizzlies up next, I think they need to either look for a PF to play next to Lopez, or a SG/SF to play next to Gay. With Robin Lopez still on the board, I think the twins could make a nice duo. If they don't think Brook can play PF, then Serge Ibaka and JJ Hickson both have a ton of potential and would fit nicely on a team that may look to run.

I actually have all CDR, Rush and Hibbert as lottery picks in my mock. It's probably just me overrating them, but I can't help it. I think Hibbert is much better than the Hoyas system made him look like. Obviosuly he's slow in terms of running the floor, but he has good footwork and nice moves. He was able to drive past people in college! He has good basketball IQ and he makes good decisions, he has good jump hook and he can shoot with both hands. He doesn't look aggressive, but he more than held his own everytime he played against other big center last 2 years (Oden, Grey etc). And he is tall, really tall! Oden looked tiny when they met in last year's final four.

I think Rush has pretty much complete game. Had he played for a weaker team or if he were more selfish, he would be higher in mocks. He didn't drive enough in college, but that doesn't mean he can't. He has a quick first step and good body control and good touch around the basket.

marny_navis
06-03-2008, 04:11 PM

My bad, everyone, I haven't been on ISH in forever, thanks for Rush though Dasher he'll give the Spurs another shooter which they need. Awesome pick.

knickballer
06-03-2008, 05:24 PM
The Memphis Grizzlies select JJ Hickson.

I was considering drafting the other Lopez but I feel Hickson is better. Griz already got 1 Lopez. Hickson is a good rebounder with good strength. I feel like Robin Lopez is overrated a little because of his brother Brook.

Conley/Lowry
Miller
Gay
Warrick/Hickson
Lopez

fatboy11
06-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Good call.

Hickson has more potential than either Lopez twin, IMO.

monthh
06-04-2008, 01:29 AM
With the 29th pick, the Detroit Pistons select Robin Lopez.

This team needs youth and this team needs size. I think they need post scoring, and while Lopez doesn't provide that, he is by far the best player on the board. Lawson and Chalmers have to be looked at, but they are set with Stuckey. DJ White also gets a really long look, but I think he is a bit undersized and they already have Maxiell. Jason Thompson is probably the #2 guy on my list at this point for the Pistons, but in the end, I think Lopez can be at least a 25-30 minute guy for them, whether off the bench or starting.

Dasher
06-04-2008, 02:47 PM
How long should we give UConnCeltics? He can't be PMed.

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 03:57 PM
How long should we give UConnCeltics? He can't be PMed.Oh well, we tried.

Someone pick for him.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-04-2008, 05:40 PM
^^Dasher make the pick

Dasher
06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Wayne Ellington SG UNC. The Celts add depth, youth, and additional outside shooting to their backcourt. Ellington can be groomed to eventually replace Ray Allen.

Dasher
06-04-2008, 06:05 PM
First Round complete. Players still available: Nathan Jawai, Mario Chalmers, Ty Lawson, Ryan Anderson, Sonny Weems, DJ White, Richard Hendrix, Goran Dragic, Courtney Lee, Bryce Taylor, and Nikola Peckovic.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Celts should take Chalmers. They need a point guard who's confident in his shot. Sam Cassell needs to retire and I'm not sure if they will resign Eddie House.

Dasher
06-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Celts should take Chalmers. They need a point guard who's confident in his shot. Sam Cassell needs to retire and I'm not sure if they will resign Eddie House.
Bringing in a young and inexperienced PG to back up another young and inexperienced PG is not the answer. There will be guys available in the free-agent/trade market that they can go after.

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Celts still have Gabe Pruitt from last year's draft at the point.

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Minnesota and Skywalker are on the clock.

Skywalker
06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Wolves select DeVon Hardin, C from Cal. Passing up Lawson and Weems is hard but Our backcout is stacked with young talent in Foye, McCants, and Bayless now.

Future:
PG- Bayless/Telfair
SG- Foye/McCants
SF- Brewer/Ryan Gomes
PF- Al Jefferson/Craig Smith
C- Devon Hardin/ Chris Richard

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Nice.

You made good time. Good pick also.

And thanks for considering my guy, Sonny Weems.

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 06:47 PM
dhenk hasn't been on in two days, by the way.

Dasher
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Future:
PG- Bayless/Telfair
SG- Foye/McCants
SF- Brewer/Ryan Gomes
PF- Al Jefferson/Craig Smith
C- Devon Hardin/ Chris Richard
That line-up looks pretty good. If the backcourt could stay healthy that squad could really make a jump in the standings.

Interminator
06-04-2008, 06:51 PM
That line-up looks pretty good. If the backcourt could stay healthy that squad could really make a jump in the standings.
No,Not Really.

It may look good on paper but im pretty sure this team wouldn't jump that high in the West.

They pretty much would be the Charlotte Bobcats of the Western Conference.

Dasher
06-04-2008, 06:52 PM
No,Not Really.

It may look good on paper but im pretty sure this team wouldn't jump that high in the West.

They pretty much would be the Charlotte Bobcats of the Western Conference.
I was thinking that they could cross the 30 win plateau. I am not thinking playoffs. They are short in the backcourt, and Brewer leaves a lot to be desired at the 3.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Celts still have Gabe Pruitt from last year's draft at the point.
Gabe is not a point guard. Gabe is a shooting guard. He does nothing but jack up shots. He will be a great shooter in this league though, but he's definitely not a point guard.

Also Posey and Powe are probably the only players on our team who have trade value and we definitely are not about to trade them. Chris Duhon is probably the only point guard we could afford through free agency or maybe Ant Carter.

Interminator
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I was thinking that they could cross the 30 win plateau. I am not thinking playoffs. They are short in the backcourt, and Brewer leaves a lot to be desired at the 3.
I think they'd be lucky to reach 30 wins with that lineup with such a crappy head coach,front office,arena,uniforms,etc.

I'm confused as to why they have Brewer starting over Gomes when Gomes is clearly a better player than Brewer.

Gomes puts up 12/6/2 in 29 MPG:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Thats pretty damn good for a guy who's playing out of position almost the entire game.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-04-2008, 06:58 PM
You forgot the blue writing "crip" :oldlol:

Interminator
06-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Gabe is not a point guard. Gabe is a shooting guard. He does nothing but jack up shots. He will be a great shooter in this league though, but he's definitely not a point guard.

Also Posey and Powe are probably the only players on our team who have trade value and we definitely are not about to trade them. Chris Duhon is probably the only point guard we could afford through free agency or maybe Ant Carter.
Duhon would get more money and more playing time re-signing with Chicago or signing elsewhere.

Chris Duhon is the top PG available in free agency this summer.

Anthony Carter wouldn't be that good of an option either,Boston needs a PG who can handle the ball but also be able to knock down some shots.Chucky Atkins or Chris Quinn:( would be a good idea.

Dasher
06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
You forgot the blue writing "crip" :oldlol:
I forgot that I was supposed to be thugging.

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 07:08 PM
So how long are we giving this cat?

Interminator
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
So how long are we giving this cat?
I'll give him until 3:00 P.M. tomorrow,after that im trading up for the #32 pick because I have a steal on the board and I want to grab him before anyone else does.

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 07:12 PM
I'll give him until 3:00 P.M. tomorrow,after that im trading up for the #32 pick because I have a steal on the board and I want to grab him before anyone else does.No trades.

Interminator
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
No trades.
**** him,if you fail to make a pick by a certain time you should be able to move up for the pick by default.

Well thats my reasoning.:confusedshrug:

fatboy11
06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
**** him,if you fail to make a pick by a certain time you should be able to move up for the pick by default.

Well thats my reasoning.:confusedshrug:Well, you can pick FOR HIM, but we agreed pre-draft. No trades.

Dasher
06-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Well thats my reasoning.:confusedshrug:
Orlando does not have a second round pick. Are you picking for Dallas?

Mr_Basketball#1
06-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Duhon would get more money and more playing time re-signing with Chicago or signing elsewhere.

Chris Duhon is the top PG available in free agency this summer.

Anthony Carter wouldn't be that good of an option either,Boston needs a PG who can handle the ball but also be able to knock down some shots.Chucky Atkins or Chris Quinn:( would be a good idea.
Well Jason Hart or Damon Stoudemire would be good. Damon should have signed with us in the first place, but now he's sitting his azz at home on the couch watching us wishing that he signed.

I wish we could get Pargo or Arroyo, but we can't afford those players. Could Juan Dixon run the point?

dhenk
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
With pick #32, Seattle selects Nathan Jawai.

Bruiser, character guy, could become a good role player for Oklahoma City.

Skywalker
06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I think they'd be lucky to reach 30 wins with that lineup with such a crappy head coach,front office,arena,uniforms,etc.

I'm confused as to why they have Brewer starting over Gomes when Gomes is clearly a better player than Brewer.

Gomes puts up 12/6/2 in 29 MPG

Thats pretty damn good for a guy who's playing out of position almost the entire game.

That lineup I put up was purely our team from a FUTURE standpoint. I still believe Brewer will be a stud SF, Goems will always be a nice backup 3/4 tweener to have. And no that lineup would stink terribly but thats why they call it rebuilding. They would win 23-27 games IMO.

Dasher
06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
If the number of your pick has a / between two numbers, which in real life means a coin toss, it becomes first come first served in this draft between the teams with the /.

fatboy11
06-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Alright, it's been awhile........

disco
06-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Come on!! Pick Pick Pick!

Dasher
06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
The Blazers select Nikola Peckovic F/C Serbia. He can be stashed in Europe until the Blazers sort out their roster glut issues. While there he can also work on his game and become more NBA ready.

Interminator
06-05-2008, 06:58 PM
The Blazers select Nikola Peckovic F/C Serbia. He can be stashed in Europe until the Blazers sort out their roster glut issues. While there he can also work on his game and become more NBA ready.
Decent pick,but Nikola Pekovic from almost everything I've seen is NBA ready right now,he's already 22 and his body is ready for the NBA.

If you plan to stash him in Europe for 2 years you'll probably eventually lose him to one of the top clubs over in Europe who may sign him to a multi-million dollar contract,then he wouldn't be coming over for another 3 or 4 years.:confusedshrug:

:oldlol: @ me actually posting like this is real.

Dasher
06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Decent pick,but Nikola Pekovic from almost everything I've seen is NBA ready right now,he's already 22 and his body is ready for the NBA.

If you plan to stash him in Europe for 2 years you'll probably eventually lose him to one of the top clubs over in Europe who may sign him to a multi-million dollar contract,then he wouldn't be coming over for another 3 or 4 years.:confusedshrug:

:oldlol: @ me actually posting like this is real.
He is having cold feet about coming to the league and the Blazers have so many prospects and picks taking a flier on a guy like him is not so bad of an idea. They can wait on him to finish up the new deal he wants to sign in Europe, and then sign him later. Kinda like the Rockets/Spurs did with Luis Scola, and if he stays in Europe it won't hurt them too much. They have 3 more picks in this round.

Interminator
06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
He is having cold feet about coming to the league and the Blazers have so many prospects and picks taking a flier on a guy like him is not so bad of an idea. They can wait on him to finish up the new deal he wants to sign in Europe, and then sign him later. Kinda like the Rockets/Spurs did with Luis Scola, and if he stays in Europe it won't hurt them too much. They have 3 more picks in this round.
Then why would they draft him,if you aren't sure about a Euro guy then they should use these 4 picks in the 2nd round to draft guys for summer league purposes only,hoping that 1 or 2 make the team for a specific role.

Dasher
06-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Then why would they draft him,if you aren't sure about a Euro guy then they should use these 4 picks in the 2nd round to draft guys for summer league purposes only,hoping that 1 or 2 make the team for a specific role.
They don't have the space on their roster. If a guy impresses them in summer league there isn't any space for him. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Nic Batum in the lottery so he can be stashed in Europe. About 13 of the spots on their 15 man rosters are filled with guaranteed contract guys.

KNOW1EDGE
06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
sorry i am a little late, didnt expect this thing to go so fast after the 1st rouind took nearly a week.

if it was up to me, blazers would select Sonny Weems.:banana:

fatboy11
06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
How long are we giving Skywalker?

Mr_Basketball#1
06-06-2008, 03:25 PM
No longer. Someone pick for him.

Blackeagle
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Wolves select Mario Chalmers

Dasher
06-06-2008, 06:06 PM
The Clippers select Ty Lawson

The Blazers still get Sonny Weems

fatboy11
06-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Nice.

Sonny made the early 2nd round.

I was hoping either Chalmers or Lawson was going to fall to me, though. I'll have to go in another direction maybe now. Not many, if any, good point guards left.

Dasher
06-06-2008, 06:22 PM
There are still some very interesting players left on the board. I won't namedrop any players still available, but you still have the chance to scoop a good prospect. It sucks picking for the Bulls because they still have no coach.

fatboy11
06-06-2008, 06:24 PM
There are still some very interesting players left on the board. I won't namedrop any players still available, but you still have the chance to scoop a good prospect. It sucks picking for the Bulls because they still have no coach.Oh, I have a list.

I just can't go point guard unless I take a bit of a reach. But then again, it's the 2nd round so there really is no such thing as a reach.

fatboy11
06-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I'll take Dallas at #51 and the Lakers at #58 if no one minds/has already claimed.

disco
06-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Wolves select Mario Chalmers

If you think Chalmers is clearly the best player available (which he may very well be), fine, but otherwise this sound like a bit strange pick to me. MInnesota already picked Bayless, and have now quite many combo guards in their roster. I really like Chalmers, so I don't think it's a bad pick, but there could have been other players that would help the team more. I think DJ White, Joey Dorsey or Richard Hendrix, for example, or even someone like Padgett or Butch would have been good choices.

disco
06-06-2008, 06:39 PM

If they want someone who'll stay in Europe and develop, why don't they go with someone younger and with more upside? I like Pekovic, and I think he's ready for NBA, but I don't think he has really that much potential to develop. Last year he already became what he'll be: a great, physical inside player who can score near the basket, grab rebounds, box out and play hard. He isn't as skillful as some other European big men. He is more like Tyler Hansbrough than Dirk Nowitzki. If Blazers use this pick to build for the future, I'd rather take Casspi or Asik (he's not very young either, but still very raw and can develop a lot in the next few years).

Dasher
06-06-2008, 07:08 PM
If he doesn't want to sign now they can wait. It is not like players stop developing at 22. He is NBA ready now and in a 3-4 years he should be even more skilled. He is a first round talent, and some team may want to deal for him.

Blackeagle
06-06-2008, 07:40 PM
If you think Chalmers is clearly the best player available (which he may very well be), fine, but otherwise this sound like a bit strange pick to me. MInnesota already picked Bayless, and have now quite many combo guards in their roster. I really like Chalmers, so I don't think it's a bad pick, but there could have been other players that would help the team more. I think DJ White, Joey Dorsey or Richard Hendrix, for example, or even someone like Padgett or Butch would have been good choices.

This is a good point. I forgot that we chose bayless in this mock, since he's really not on my personal radar for the 3rd pick..

probably too late to change it now, but I would have picked courtney lee instead

DJ white would be a possibility too, if you want to trade or release craig smith

jamal99
06-06-2008, 07:52 PM
With 37th pick Milwaukee Bucks select Joey Dorsey.

fatboy11
06-06-2008, 09:19 PM
So is it cool if I take LAL and Dallas?

ukballer
06-07-2008, 03:59 AM
With the 38th pick the Charlotte Bobcats select: James Gist

fatboy11
06-07-2008, 10:44 AM
With the 39th pick, the Chicago Bulls select Richard Hendrix.

Explanation available in the mock draft thread.

Dasher
06-07-2008, 11:28 AM
With the 40th Pick the Nets select rapid riser Gary Forbes. Forbes adds more depth on the wing and can back up VC, while Joe Alexander backs up Richard Jefferson.

InspiredLebowski
06-07-2008, 05:35 PM
With the 41st pick, the Indiana Pacers select PF DJ White, Indiana University.

Dasher
06-07-2008, 08:12 PM
So is it cool if I take LAL and Dallas?
Yep

disco
06-08-2008, 05:39 AM
With the 42st pick, Sacramento Kings select Mike Taylor from from Idaho (NBDL), originally from Iowa State University.

disco
06-08-2008, 05:44 AM
With the 43rd pick, Sacramento Kings select Derrick Caracter from louisville

Dasher
06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
With the 44th Pick the Jazz select Trent Plaisted F/C BYU. The Jazz add size with this pick. Plaisted is a project and will need seasoning before he is a able to play quality minutes.

Dasher
06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
With the 45th Pick the Spurs get a real steal in Ryan Anderson F Cal. He is a first round talent, who needs a little time to get stronger. I expect him to spend the bulk of the year in Austin, and he will make his debut in the NBA when he has learned the "Spur's way".

dhenk
06-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Another Pick, another wing player for Oklahoma City.

With the 46th Pick, Seattle selects Malik Hairston.

Remix
06-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Wizards select Shan Foster

Mr_Basketball#1
06-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I think LBJ 4 MVP mentioned in another thread that he would be away from his computer for about a week so if he doesn't pick by tomorrow evening somebody should just pick for him.

Dasher
06-09-2008, 09:56 AM
With the 48th Pick the Suns go BPA and select Courtney Lee SG Western Kentucky. Lee gives the Suns more youth and athleticism on the wing. His game is NBA ready, and along with Alando Tucker, DJ Strawberry, and Nic Batum he provides the Suns with a talented young group of swingmen.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-09-2008, 11:04 AM
With the 48th pick the Warriors select Jamont Gordon. I know this is a reach, but Jamont is an excellent young point guard. He's a great ball handler and would be an ideal back up for Davis or Ellis with the injury to Troy Hudson.

Dasher
06-09-2008, 11:05 AM
With the 48th pick the Warriors select Jamont Gordon. I know this is a reach, but Jamont is an excellent young point guard. He's a great ball handler and would be an ideal back up for Davis or Ellis with the injury to Troy Hudson.
It is not a reach Jamont is a first-round talent. Who could really excel in the Warriors' system.

dhenk
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
With Pick #50, Seattle selects Pat Calathes.

6'10'' and shoots 40% from behind the arc? There`s a place in this league for someone like that...

fatboy11
06-09-2008, 12:28 PM
The Dallas Mavericks select Davon Jefferson.

Explanation available in the draft thread.

Dasher
06-10-2008, 07:46 AM
With the 52nd pick the Heat select G JR Giddens. At this point, he IMO, is the BPA. He gives the Heat another assertive player on the offensive end of the court, something they seriously lack ATM.

With the 53rd pick the Jazz select Serge Ibaka an athletic freak, that can be stashed in Europe and allowed to develop.

monthh
06-10-2008, 02:08 PM
With the 54th pick, the Houston Rockets select Aleks Maric.

Dasher
06-10-2008, 04:49 PM
With the 55th pick the Blazers select Bryce Taylor G Oregon. He is a homestate guy who brings additional outside shooting to the team.

jamal99
06-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Amazing, Serge Ibaka fell down to 53...

Blackeagle
06-10-2008, 06:55 PM

I was more amazed by courtney lee falling to 48... ibaka I can understand since he won't contribute for another 2 years, but lee could help a team right now

dhenk
06-10-2008, 07:34 PM

I thought he wasn

Dasher
06-11-2008, 02:13 PM
With the 57th Pickthe Spurs select PG Goran Dragic

fatboy11
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
With the 58th pick, the Los Angeles Lakers select DeMarcus Nelson.

He could play the Randy Brown-role for them.

disco
06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
With the 58th pick, the Los Angeles Lakers select DeMarcus Nelson.

He could play the Randy Brown-role for them.

I think that Nelson could be much more than that. Obviously he is a good defender and I don't see any reason why he couldn't become one of the best ones to defend point guards in NBA. He is also so explosive in the offensive end that he could very well earn good minutes. But it all depends on if can improve his ball handling.

monthh
06-12-2008, 01:49 AM
With the 59th pick, the Detroit Pistons select Will Daniels.

Dasher
06-12-2008, 11:47 AM
With the last pick the Celts select Omer Asik F/C Turkey.

jamal99
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
and 2008 ISH NBA Draft is sucessfully finished (if I spelled that "sucessfully" right)...

disco
06-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyone interested in summing up team by team who picked who and analysing how well each team did?

Dasher
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
there is a grading thread in the main forum.