PDA

View Full Version : Lol NBADraft.net Compared Dwight Howard to Kwame Browm

Attila
05-28-2008, 09:11 PM
NBA Comparison: Kwame Brown

Strengths: A true talent. Dwight is one of those special talents who has it all. He posseses wonderful ball handling, passing, shooting ability and a super quick first step. Combine all that with an uncanny ability to see the floor and you have something special. People with his height and ability to play the perimeter and pass the ball are hard to find. Dwight also has great leaping ability and quick hands which allow him to get his share of points in the paint. His athletic prowess allows him to rack up rebounds and alter shots frequently. Defensively he is everywhere snatching balls, tipping shots, running back on D, he does it all. Dwight is an extremely hard worker and a very coachable kid. Quite simply, he's the whole package with gigantic upside.

Weaknesses: Needs to develop more of a low post game...Tends to rely on his athleticism too much, which is common at this age. Has good footwork, but doesn't use it enough. Tends to drift to the perimeter too often. Strength may be an issue down the line if has asked to consistently play in the post, but the potential is there for him to add it...Dwight at times gets too into the game and picks up cheap fouls...Will need to make the transition from center to PF.... Other than that, a wonderful talent.

Notes: An honor student.....Dwight used to be a guard, which explains why his perimeter skills are so developed.:roll: Quoting an opposing player, "He's everywhere."....A bit of throwback, has some old fashion style to his game.....The potential here is scary.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/dwight_howard.asp

Posterize246
05-28-2008, 09:12 PM
:eek:

ihatetimthomas
05-28-2008, 09:13 PM
nbadraft.net comparisions are the worst. Sites only good to see past drafts

KeylessEntry
Come Pared??? Are you kidding me?

Emile
Yeah, I remember people used to calling him Kwame with the bible. Those who doubted him, of course.

brantonli
05-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Perimeter skills? Developed? DWIGHT HOWARD?! It's not like he's Nowitzki or something on the perimeter. And if he was a guard and he shot like he does now, well, wouldn't be a pretty sight.

statman32
05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
:roll:

Thats worse than someone comparing Dwight to Kwame.

Vendetta
05-28-2008, 09:33 PM
He used to have a pretty good jumper and FT shot in HS... then he put on all that muscle and it's never been the same.

High Potential
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
NBA Comparison: Kwame Brown

Strengths: A true talent. Dwight is one of those special talents who has it all. He posseses wonderful ball handling, passing, shooting ability and a super quick first step. Combine all that with an uncanny ability to see the floor and you have something special. People with his height and ability to play the perimeter and pass the ball are hard to find. Dwight also has great leaping ability and quick hands which allow him to get his share of points in the paint. His athletic prowess allows him to rack up rebounds and alter shots frequently. Defensively he is everywhere snatching balls, tipping shots, running back on D, he does it all. Dwight is an extremely hard worker and a very coachable kid. Quite simply, he's the whole package with gigantic upside.

Weaknesses: Needs to develop more of a low post game...Tends to rely on his athleticism too much, which is common at this age. Has good footwork, but doesn't use it enough. Tends to drift to the perimeter too often. Strength may be an issue down the line if has asked to consistently play in the post, but the potential is there for him to add it...Dwight at times gets too into the game and picks up cheap fouls...Will need to make the transition from center to PF.... Other than that, a wonderful talent.

Notes: An honor student.....Dwight used to be a guard, which explains why his perimeter skills are so developed.:roll: Quoting an opposing player, "He's everywhere."....A bit of throwback, has some old fashion style to his game.....The potential here is scary.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/dwight_howard.asp
Wonderful shooting ability? I don't understand that website. They also said Darco Milicic, Kwame Brown, and Tyson Chandler had terrific jumpshots that were NBA ready. They said Deshawn Stevenson would be an allstar and Tyson Chandler would be a bigger Kevin Garnett. They don't know what they're talking about, I wonder who the last prospect the got right was.

TruthKGRay3412
05-28-2008, 09:41 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

32MJ32
05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
The world would be a better place if NBADraft.net shut down.. or people just stopped going there..

Their analysis is no more researched than your's or mine, in fact, its less informed a lot of the time. They happen to have a web domain with a cool name. And that's about it.

Interminator
05-28-2008, 10:03 PM
He used to have a pretty good jumper and FT shot in HS... then he put on all that muscle and it's never been the same.
Exactly,players game's change over time from High School to College to the NBA due to the level of talent and their body development.

Carmelo Anthony once was a PG in HS,he grew like 6 inches and then became a SF.

laview
05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't think it was easy to evaluate someone accurately coming out of HS. Nowdays, at least with one year of NCAA you get more exposure (= more chances to evaluate a player) and you are going up with better competitions too. Thus, I think scouting is easier these days with NCAA players.

Lebron23
05-28-2008, 11:31 PM
[quote]Dwight Howard was once skinny and doubted.

As a seventh-grade point guard for Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy, Dwight was often overshadowed by players at larger schools in the hotbed of A-Town prep basketball.

shaoyut
05-28-2008, 11:47 PM
this is a useless comparison look how much he is better than him even in his rookie year is better than kwames best year so far

e-LIMON-ators
04-18-2012, 05:01 AM
LOL KWAME BROWN? lolololol

FindingTim
04-18-2012, 05:04 AM
He posseses wonderful ball handling

say what?
yeah, Dwight possesses wonderful ball handling in the way that Joel Anthony is a sharpshooter! :coleman: