PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k8 questions

Nets fan 93
05-29-2008, 05:41 PM
All Nba questions can come here, I'll answer any question you have people can helpout too...

Crazy Style
05-30-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm playing right now and killing my opponent 113-84 with 49.4 seconds to go in the game in the association, but suddenly the game freezes and probably all is lost right in the middle of a free throw that would give me 114. What also really pisses me off is that in the game I was 5 for 7 from three and I had 70% FG shooting. I have to live with this and it sucks because I have to start over now and it's like this match never happened. What the ****!!!!:( :banghead: :wtf:

Nets fan 93
05-31-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm playing right now and killing my opponent 113-84 with 49.4 seconds to go in the game in the association, but suddenly the game freezes and probably all is lost right in the middle of a free throw that would give me 114. What also really pisses me off is that in the game I was 5 for 7 from three and I had 70% FG shooting. I have to live with this and it sucks because I have to start over now and it's like this match never happened. What the ****!!!!:( :banghead: :wtf:
ouch...

Sicknote
05-31-2008, 07:01 PM

Did the commentary just go away and the players faces on substitutions disappear?

That **** happens like once or twice everytime I play and I get the disk unreadable error.

Nets fan 93
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Did the commentary just go away and the players faces on substitutions disappear?

That **** happens like once or twice everytime I play and I get the disk unreadable error.
Well if it is for X-box360 if you tilted it or accidentally bumped it is scratched and probably broken...
Anymore questions, I would love to help...

qwerty
06-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Anyone know how to stop a cherry picker? **** pisses me off when as soon as i shoot they take their best player and run him down to the other end of the court waiting for an open dunk. I usually try to intentionally foul if I get there in time and have fouls to give, but that's not very effective.

Nets fan 93
06-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Anyone know how to stop a cherry picker? **** pisses me off when as soon as i shoot they take their best player and run him down to the other end of the court waiting for an open dunk. I usually try to intentionally foul if I get there in time and have fouls to give, but that's not very effective.
Intentionlly fouling is what i do:D anyway, that crap happens to me sometimes but not a lot mostly online, try pump faking more or setting screens to get away from them, if your going for a dunk or layup when this happens you are on your own:confusedshrug:

sick_brah07
06-04-2008, 05:44 AM
it wont let me play i played once got my ass kicked now when i get challenges and accept it says cannot start game refer to FAQ or sometimes it says its because of my version or framerate what do i do ?

Nets fan 93
06-04-2008, 03:24 PM
it wont let me play i played once got my ass kicked now when i get challenges and accept it says cannot start game refer to FAQ or sometimes it says its because of my version or framerate what do i do ?
Well umm, is this online?
Ask up you all!

RandomBalla55
06-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Intentionlly fouling is what i do:D anyway, that crap happens to me sometimes but not a lot mostly online, try pump faking more or setting screens to get away from them, if your going for a dunk or layup when this happens you are on your own:confusedshrug:

You know what a cherry picker is dude?

It's when you score, they grab the fastest player and then run down the court ASAP.

The way to do it is to stop a cherry picker is actually easy.. make them throw deep. IE. beyond half court. If you make them throw beyond half court, I would say there's a good chance the ball doesn't make it to him because NBA 2k8 doesn't allow you to do that. Guys that inbound the ball at near half court, play lock on Defense to keep them in front of you while your teammates get back.

And also, to help your guys get back faster, call a Man to Man defense thru the playcall screen.

Hotlantadude81
06-06-2008, 11:40 PM
All Nba questions can come here, I'll answer any question you have people can helpout too...

Does this game freeze all the time?

Is this game worth upgrading over NBA2k6?

Can you edit players ratings?

Can you turn off things like players demanding trades or complaining about playtime?

Nets fan 93
06-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Does this game freeze all the time?

No

Is this game worth upgrading over NBA2k6?
Not really anymore wait for 2k9

Can you edit players ratings?
yes

Can you turn off things like players demanding trades or complaining about playtime?
yes

Hotlantadude81
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I heard there is a bug where in the 4th period a player off the inbounds will just jump up in the air and the game freezes. Have any of you guys ran into that problem?

It's still about 2 or 3 weeks before I get my system back for repairs. I can't decide if I want to get 2k8 or not. I want to play the dunk contest. I know 2k9 is about to come out, but I'm not going to pay full price for it and it might turn out to be worse than this one.

King of the D
06-07-2008, 11:00 PM
(this mite b kinda stupid) but how do u alley-oop in the game?

brandonislegend
06-08-2008, 03:01 AM
its either RB or LT + Pass, i forget between 2k8 and live

Nets fan 93
06-08-2008, 12:44 PM
(this mite b kinda stupid) but how do u alley-oop in the game?
LT+A

That Sh!t just happened to me too:banghead:

I heard there is a bug where in the 4th period a player off the inbounds will just jump up in the air and the game freezes. Have any of you guys ran into that problem?

It's still about 2 or 3 weeks before I get my system back for repairs. I can't decide if I want to get 2k8 or not. I want to play the dunk contest. I know 2k9 is about to come out, but I'm not going to pay full price for it and it might turn out to be worse than this one.
first off this game is not bad, I very rarely have problems with it... If you arent going to wait for 2k9 than get this game It is very good and realistic, the dunk contest is really hard to get used to so good luck there:ohwell:

Finn T-Mac
06-11-2008, 07:41 AM
I have a question, why does the A.I change the lineups in season mode, even when you have customized them yourself and saved them also.

Before I start the season I load the custom rosters and start the season. The team I choose stays the same but the others won't.

Example: This is just one but the A.I customizes almoust every teams lineups. It won't sign free agent and will not do trades but the A.I changes the lineups. Just as an exaple, the Spurs. I put Finley in the starting sg but A.I puts Ginobili in the starting lineup. And the list goes on, like with denver. I put Carter as starting pg and in the season mode A.I has changed atkins to play as a starter.

The team I play with in the season mode stays the way I want to but the opposition teams lineups are messed up. :banghead:

By the way this is my 300 post, :banana: hate to waste it to this one but didn't have an opinion / question about something else :)

The_Truth_Hurts
06-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I know its been done before, but i decided to take a stab at it. Let me know what you guys think.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmoVF1HGXYQ

Better Quality
http://blip.tv/file/952371

quasimoto
06-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Too bad there was no screen and no KG, else it would've been perfect. :cheers:

Nets fan 93
06-11-2008, 05:10 PM
I have a question, why does the A.I change the lineups in season mode, even when you have customized them yourself and saved them also.

Before I start the season I load the custom rosters and start the season. The team I choose stays the same but the others won't.

Example: This is just one but the A.I customizes almoust every teams lineups. It won't sign free agent and will not do trades but the A.I changes the lineups. Just as an exaple, the Spurs. I put Finley in the starting sg but A.I puts Ginobili in the starting lineup. And the list goes on, like with denver. I put Carter as starting pg and in the season mode A.I has changed atkins to play as a starter.

The team I play with in the season mode stays the way I want to but the opposition teams lineups are messed up. :banghead:

By the way this is my 300 post, :banana: hate to waste it to this one but didn't have an opinion / question about something else :)
I have tried every way to change that and I cant find it out, sorry bro, maybe when a player is injured you press rebuild rotations, and that's why??

Finn T-Mac
06-12-2008, 05:23 AM
I have tried every way to change that and I cant find it out, sorry bro, maybe when a player is injured you press rebuild rotations, and that's why??

Well, I don't know eather, even when injuries are off, it makes the same. just stange :ohwell:

Maniak
06-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Hey, I know we have like a bazillion threads on this game, so heres thread bazillion and one!

I'm going to be doing an Association with the Raptors....I was going to rebuild, what guys should i look to trade/get? ]

I guess this thread can be like the special Association thread for it....:banana:

Mathius
06-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey, I know we have like a bazillion threads on this game, so heres thread bazillion and one!

I'm going to be doing an Association with the Raptors....I was going to rebuild, what guys should i look to trade/get? ]

I guess this thread can be like the special Association thread for it....:banana:

Seriously, how is this any different than the thread we had two weeks ago asking what players are good to develop and what does it take to win?

It should be obvious by now. Keep anyone that's going to end up in the 90's, trade away most of your team to get expirers, and stockpile 1st round draft picks. Then fill in the blanks.

You might be better off waiting until year 2 to do that, since there are hardly ever any big name free agents in year 1, but then you run a bigger risk of getting fired if your team is $hitty in year 1 AND 2.

Mathius

NYK-Bball
06-15-2008, 10:49 PM
I just did a Warriors franchise and I'm in my second year.I imported rosters from college 2k8 and i drafted Jerryd Bayless and Blake Griffin.So my future is gonna be good with developed players like:

Baron and Monta at point
Bayless and Bellneli at the 2
Pietrus and Azibuke at 3
Brandon Wright and Griffin at 4
Biedrins and O'bryant at the 5

or

B Diddy
Monta
Bayless(grew to be 6'6)
Wright or Griffin
Biedrins and O'bryant

hotsauce2007
06-16-2008, 04:04 AM
trade out TJ Ford and Chris Bosh and try and get yourself a big name someone tall and strong like Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitski maybe try and bring in Rajon Rondo for PG you willl just have to try and train his shotting up though so maybe you get him in the 2nd season also get ureself some young highly potential bench players like Jared Dudley.... then wait for NBA 2k9 to come out and start it the nuggets and play ure team like this ]

PG:Dj augustin
SG:llen iverson
SF:Carmelo anthony
PF:Chris bosh
C:Marcus Camby

LJJ
06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
On association I roll with the Pacers (:oldlol:)

Right now I have:

Tinsley
Crawford
Prince
Harrington
Wallets

I'm just messing around though.

emsteez forreal
06-21-2008, 02:22 AM
everyone just drop your gamertag here .. mine is emsteezforreal7

Cannonball
06-21-2008, 06:25 PM
draft?

detroits finest
06-22-2008, 12:15 AM
frowardprism. i just got the game today so i suck but ill get the hang of it soon.

NYK-Bball
06-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Retro Lux

Been wanting to join one.Lets Get It

Mathius
06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
So ok, the draft was tonight. Where am I likely to find a text version of roster updates so I can update my PS2 rosters?

I assume PS3, and XBox will have roster downloads.

Mathius

Nets fan 93
06-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I hope so...
If not someone take out the ol' college hoops 2k8 and post all the ratings here...if i had the game i would

pete's montreux
06-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Here's what I have so far:

PG:
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Josh Smith
PF: Sean Williams/Jason Smith
C: Greg Oden

It's basically a core of Roy and Oden, everything else is negotiable. I haven't simmed either yet, so it should be interesting.

Throw me some ideas.

final.wrath
06-27-2008, 10:53 PM
no there are no roster updates after the trade deadline, it wouldnt make sense for them to do that

thats half the reason people buy the next version

NYK-Bball
06-29-2008, 01:04 PM
When you import rosters from college hoops 2k8 the big men like Javale Mcgee and Michael Beasley have crazy crossovers and Point Guards like Derrick Rose and O.J. Mayo have the worst handles ever.Anyone know why?

Also players like O.J Mayo and Derrick Rose always turn out bad and players like James Gist and Richard Hendrix are at the top of the draft.Anyone know why?

:pimp:

Killer_Instinct
06-30-2008, 03:05 AM
I love 2K Sports. If not for them, we would be subject to expeirence NBA Live. That's enough to turn you off from Basketball period. But, I also find NBA 2K8 it an extremley frustrating game. It can be rewarding, when you strike gold and get than one REALISTIC game. When your team shoots 46% for 93 points and the computer shoots 47% for 89 points.

When Paul/Nash/JKidd/Billups don't have 20-30 Assist every game. When Jason Williams doesn't hit everything he throws up. But you may have a game like I had today. I had the Lakers. The computer was the Mavs(on HoF). The final score? 171-168. Every team gets hot. But this?

I've played NBA 2K8 for almost a year now on HoF difficuly. At times though, it's as if this game penalizes you for playing defense. These ARE NBA players. They can hit shots w/ a hand in their face. But the number of times thy are succesful is ridiculous. Stiffle a shooter? He may miss. But 7/10 Jason Terry is dropping the 3 ball in over Lamar Odom outstretched hand. Even if you get him to miss, the whistle will blow. And sometimes, your D will score the bucket for the opponent.

I attempted a steal on Dampier while he was posting up. I hit the ball, but somehow Kobe swiped the ball into the Mavericks hoop. :oldlol:

No contact is allowed some games. The Mavs shot 22 freethrows. I shot 7. Nevermind I scored more points in the pain ON DRIVES than they did.Not baby pull ups. I'm talking about heading straight to the rack, getting held and assaulted and no whistle. Meanwhile, I hit Nowitzki with a pinkie and he's shotting 3 freethrows. The momentum swings are too extreme. Either you are making all your shots, or bricking. Same for the computer. At times they can not miss. Add to the fact your teams AI is piss poor, it can be a frustrating expeirence. During these Comp runs, I've also noticed the dunk alsways turns into a layup, and your double team button refuses to work. :oldlol: I've never griped about this before, but they should really work on this.

I don't want to lower/raise the GS any because it'll take the fun away, but games where guys like Deavean George go 10/13 are to close together. I couldn't play D any better. ON perfect D sequences, I was called for a foul. NBA 2K9 should help level these momentum issues.

Needless to say taking smart shots are key, running plays, ext. But it's amazing when Ray Allen can't hit a wide open 3 on multiple trips down the court, but Yao Ming can bury the dagger with 2 on the shot clock.

Maybe I'm the only guy on these boards who have this problem. GUys from the 2K boards have griped about it, but it never really bothered me until this day. The game is not consistent. 2K8 is the best ball game I've ever played, but this stuff makes playing and having fun sometimes impossible.

Maybe I'm alone here?

pete's montreux
06-30-2008, 09:29 AM
I stopped my association with the Celtics after like 30 games because Ray Allen was shooting lik 35% from the field, and he mostly got wide open looks. The best shooter in the NBA is the worst shooter in the game.

LJJ
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, that's what I hate most about NBA 2k.

Your better of just to stand in front of shooters, because if you try to block it they hit the shot every time.

B-Low
06-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah as realistic as 2k8 can be sometimes it can also get pretty unrealistic. I dropped 98 in a game with Steve Francis on 6 minute quarters and the highest difficulty level.

crounsa810
06-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok if you have a lot of time like i did, you can go to www.nbadraft.net & some other draft sites, get the players picked in the draft, then look at those players nba player comparisons. Then, go into 2k8, look for the players they are compared to, get their ratings, then create the player. Takes awhile, but its the only thing i've found.

Nets fan 93
06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Ok if you have a lot of time like i did, you can go to www.nbadraft.net & some other draft sites, get the players picked in the draft, then look at those players nba player comparisons. Then, go into 2k8, look for the players they are compared to, get their ratings, then create the player. Takes awhile, but its the only thing i've found.
Thats stinks... Brook Lopez's comparison is Brad
Daughtery who the heck is that???

Mathius
06-30-2008, 08:59 PM

Yeah, except rookies are supposed to POTENTIALLY reach that NBA players level. Why would I give a rookie Vince Carters ratings because that's his NBA comparison?

It's just not good enough.

Thats stinks... Brook Lopez's comparison is Brad
Daughtery who the heck is that???

Please tell me you're joking.

Mathius

Mathius
06-30-2008, 09:01 PM
2K8 is by no means perfect, particularly in the case of the PS2 version where they clearly rushed it with the PS3 version being their main focus.

I mean ok, a good gamer exploiting the system and running the score up to 150+ I could accept, but how is the computer keeping up? I lost a game to Orlando the other day 177-168.

Still, the game is a blast, and lightyears ahead of Live's latest abortion.

I was thinking of making a thread with the negatives you see in 2k8 with your particular system. I know I have some gripes about the ps2 version.

Mathius

Killer_Instinct
07-03-2008, 02:11 AM
I agree 110%.....While still the best basketball game on the market, it's flaws are just too drastic. You guys should try this. I noticed, when a shooter is attempting a jumper, they actually miss more(in select games) when you DON'T contest the shot. LJJ stated that earlier, but I'd never paid it any mind. Wtf? The penalization for actually playing hard defense is crazy. Today I had my first REALISTIC game in a few weeks.

No 125+ games, no one shooting 91%, no overwhelming swings of momentum. However, the computer tends grabs an insane amount of Offenseive Boards. Hope they patch this up in 2K8....hell, even if they don't, I'm not buying Live.

Mathius, I played the PS2 version a couple times at a friends house, and I noticed a few things that'd really piss me off. 2K8 is most defintley the best out there now, but the flaws can make it unbearable. I can't count how many times I've switched of my console in the middle of a game.

LJJ
07-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I can't count how many times I've switched of my console in the middle of a game.

Haha, I do that too.

It just gets frustrating as hell somethings. The CPU will go on these hot streaks, and you can't do nothing about it. CPU Kirk Snider hitting heavily contested threes in my face while my Matt Carroll misses three open ones in a row.

Mathius
07-03-2008, 06:53 PM
You guys should try this. I noticed, when a shooter is attempting a jumper, they actually miss more(in select games) when you DON'T contest the shot. LJJ stated that earlier, but I'd never paid it any mind. Wtf?

I can vouche that that's true. I used to get whatever player I was controlling on D in foul trouble all the time trying to contest shots. Now I still try occasionally to block a shot, but more often than not if my player is in danger of getting in a foul situation, I just face the defender and don't hit the block button. They miss a LOT of shots anyways, particularly on fast breaks.

Mathius

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I love 2k8. Hof maode is hard especailly against the magic, Rockets, Lakers, and suns...How do you guys score so much... thats insane on hof the most i scored on hof was 80 something and i won by like 4 or 5...
You guys gotta remember this isnt real life it is a videogame ... Ray Ray stinks in that game...

Mathius
07-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I love 2k8. Hof maode is hard especailly against the magic, Rockets, Lakers, and suns...How do you guys score so much... thats insane on hof the most i scored on hof was 80 something and i won by like 4 or 5...
You guys gotta remember this isnt real life it is a videogame ... Ray Ray stinks in that game...

12 minute quarters with the Cavs.

I have Mike Conley, Rudy Gay, Lebron James, Brandon Wright, Z, Tony Allen, Devin Brown, Billy Thomas, Lindsey Hunter, James Jones, Kwame Brown, and Stromile Swift on my active roster.

It's pretty simple, drive and post up mostly. Occasionally kick out for an open shot. Focus on good defense and rebounding, and push the ball. Lebron's averaging 40/12/9, Rudy is averaging 30/10/10.... that's 70 points right there.

Oh, and I play on HOF also, unless for some reason I start a new game and forget to change the default.

Mathius

bdreason
07-04-2008, 04:34 AM
I play 9 minute quarters on HoF mode and the games come out with fairly accurate game stats. Usually around 100 points.

Also, I'm really into simulation so I'm calling plays every time down the court. I'll either call a set play or just run a quick play (pick and roll, post up, pick and pop, etc). On defense I play the paint. I'll usually play the PF or C, and gaurd their best player, helping on anything else around the rim, especially rebounding. The CPU does a decent job covering perimeter players, and as already stated, actually getting into the face of shooters doesn't do much.

My primary strategy against a really good team (especially in the playoffs) is to feed a post player hard until they start to double. Once they double I start swinging the ball, nailing threes, and getting open drives. It's a fairly straight forward strategy, but it works well most of the time.

Mathius
07-04-2008, 09:19 AM
I play 9 minute quarters on HoF mode and the games come out with fairly accurate game stats. Usually around 100 points.

Also, I'm really into simulation so I'm calling plays every time down the court. I'll either call a set play or just run a quick play (pick and roll, post up, pick and pop, etc). On defense I play the paint. I'll usually play the PF or C, and gaurd their best player, helping on anything else around the rim, especially rebounding. The CPU does a decent job covering perimeter players, and as already stated, actually getting into the face of shooters doesn't do much.

My primary strategy against a really good team (especially in the playoffs) is to feed a post player hard until they start to double. Once they double I start swinging the ball, nailing threes, and getting open drives. It's a fairly straight forward strategy, but it works well most of the time.

I never call plays unless I need an intentional foul. I just don't see the point when the offense pretty much does what it's going to. You can pretty much pick your spots without having to run a play. Sometimes its annoying when the guy you want isn't where you want him, but it isn't a big deal.

I used to run plays back in the day on the old school consoles once in a while, so I do see that they can be beneficial, it just isn't really necessary unless you're trying to pad a certain players stats.

I usually set my defense on automatic and my offense and intentional fouls on manual.

I should mention that I usually play with charging turned down to 5 and "out of bounds" turned off.

Reason being, I hate the unrealistic charging calls that you can't seem to control one way or another, and the sideline is so narrow by the bottom and top of the three point arc that I don't want to be called for a bunch of unnecessary out of bounds calls that ruin the experience. It IS kind've funny when guys try to do the out of bounds save when the out of bounds is turned off.

Mathius

Kebab Stall
07-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I play 12 minute quarters and have just recently gone up to the highest level (HOF is it?) and they are the most accurate and realistic games I have had. When I played on the 2nd to highest level, I was finishing games with 125+ points. Now, the games are finishing between 90-110, which is a much more realistic score, especially for an uptempo team like the Grizzlies.

What annoys me though, is that with certain styles of shots, you have to release the shot button at different times. For example, with Mike Conley's shot, you have to hold onto the shot button in order to increase the accuracy, where as someone like Kyle Lowry, you have to release the shot button rather early in order to increase the accuracy. I find that annoying as hell.

I also hate how when the CPU gets hot, they just don't miss at all. Even if they take 20 shots, they will make 20 shots, even with my defense smothering them and even fouling them, they will still make the shot.

It's annoying how guys like Jason Williams can score 30+ points against you, but guys like Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo, Duncan, KG et cetera, have trouble getting 10 points, yet there are averaging 20-30 points for the season.

I've also had to alter the sliders for the rebounding, because if they are left at default, then I can't grab any and the opposition finishes with 50+ boards. So I altered the rebounding to, 75 for my offensive and defensive rebounding and 25 for the CPU's offensive and defensive rebounding. This has allowed for much more realistic rebouding totals and both teams finishing with roughly equal reboudning totals.

Sicknote
07-04-2008, 12:43 PM
It can be rewarding, when you strike gold and get than one REALISTIC game. When your team shoots 46% for 93 points and the computer shoots 47% for 89 points.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/245969-chia51s-quest-realism.html

Realistic sliders, most of my games are like the one you talked about above, of course there are the oddballs that go into the 114-120 range but that's the max, even in OT.

/edit: The FG%, 3%, A:T, Assists, Rebounds are generally all spot on with that. I've averaging 18-10 with D Will and 22-12 with Boozer, 9 with Ronnie Brewer, Korver with 12, and Okur with about 18. The rest of my team usually gets about 5 unless someone (Okur blew up for 29 last game) has a really good game.

KeylessEntry
07-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Can anyone offer any tips for playing defense? I have only played maybe 10 or 15 games total (on regular difficulty i assume) but I always seem to get my ass kicked by the computer.

v-unit
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM
The only defensive tip I can give you is doing play the Miami Heat. Apperently, in every single basketball simulation franchise, he is Michael Jordan. Start off by playing the all star teams.

Mathius
07-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Can anyone offer any tips for playing defense? I have only played maybe 10 or 15 games total (on regular difficulty i assume) but I always seem to get my ass kicked by the computer.

I don't know what the hell v-unit tried to say. I think he typo'ed or something, but I'll give it a shot...

Always make sure you're controlling a guy that's on screen. I know that sounds basic, but it's not hard to get beat by a defender that was wide open because you couldn't see them.

Don't necessarily worry about playing on the ball. Playing the passing lanes can get you some valuable turnovers. Just don't gamble where you can't recover. If you jump out in front to intercept a pass and miss, you can often leave the guy wide open.

Post defend whenever possible. It's the easiest way to make sure your defender is covered is when you're body to body with him.

And like we already said, you don't have to necessarily jump up and try to block a shot, just make sure you're in front of the defender and you have just as good a shot, if not better, because you're less likely to foul.

Go for a "ball steal" if you want, but be careful, you can easily get into foul trouble that way.

Most importantly, always keep your defender between the ball and the basket, and box out so you can be sure to get the rebound.

Mathius

v-unit
07-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I meant don't play the Heat because Jason Williams always plays great while the real stars never play well. So it's like you play the All Star Team because they are ALL stars, and the stars in 2K8 don't play well.

Get it?

knickballer
07-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I meant don't play the Heat because Jason Williams always plays great while the real stars never play well. So it's like you play the All Star Team because they are ALL stars, and the stars in 2K8 don't play well.

Get it?

D-wade is unstoppable in the game. I put him at the point and post up on fools at point guard and take hook shots and stuff. I drive, post, and abuse PG's on Hall of fame with D-Whistle.

KeylessEntry
07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Instead of playing with a really good team like Miami, I play with Portland. But I went and edited Roy, Oden and Aldridge so their ratings are in the mid 90s, since I can see the future :D

So far on my new overpowered Portland Association I have gone 3-1. Lost my first game vs S.A., won 3 in a row after that. Pro difficulty and 12 min quarters. Oden is averaging 20-20 and 3 blocks, Roy is at 33-5-5. Aldridge is around 29-6

Wozza_wade
07-07-2008, 07:03 AM
going to be playing online in 2 hours approx anyone fancy a game?

also any news on getting the new rookies on the game?

EvinWizzle
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM
No one can beat me at nba 2k8.. just ask Gobb :) . My gamertag is Evinecz, unfortunately i cannot play you as my live subscription is finished and im not paying $50 for one right now..lol

crounsa810
07-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah, except rookies are supposed to POTENTIALLY reach that NBA players level. Why would I give a rookie Vince Carters ratings because that's his NBA comparison?

Well, yeah it's not flawless, but it does end up making the game a lot more fun. I've had 2 seasons that were exactly like this season was in the west, although it was for both conferences. If you don't want to make them star players, then just thiink of who you think they will end up like & rate them according to how you think.

Finn T-Mac
07-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Anyone know sites where I could find CAPs for NBA 2k8? (Xbox 360)
I've been searching but couldn't find any :(

Kebab Stall
07-17-2008, 08:14 AM
What are you looking for? New players, such as this year's draft class or older players?

Finn T-Mac
07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
What are you looking for? New players, such as this year's draft class or older players?

Both, I've made Jamario Moon, and it looks good but my Landry is horrible and Mason also. I would eventually like also new rookies but mostly the ones that are missing from last season

Kebab Stall
07-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I can't be of much help for players from last season, but this site has got almost the entire 2008 draft class, plus a few more...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-rosters/252078-nba-draft-caps-2008-transfer-kit-not-needed.html

Though it doesn't include how to create their appearance, just their stats and what not. Height, build, number, shoes, et cetera. I just guessed when I made their looks and tried to get it as close as I could to the real life conter parts.

Nets fan 93
07-28-2008, 08:36 PM
im sorry if i missed your requests... forgot about this forum :(... plz ask away

Koop1
07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
im prob the best 2k8 player on this website

LBJ 4 MVP
07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Do you actually play the game or just jack 3's and do pick & rolls?

Nets fan 93
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Koop1
08-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Do you actually play the game or just jack 3's and do pick & rolls?
I play the game
Im not joking, I would prob roll over both of you
play me online, DO YOU play the game, or do you choose lakers/rockets/cavs force inside with lbj,kobe,tmac, jack up three's , and play offball D all game, just like 90 % of the garbage ppl that play this game
If you don't play your own D, dont even holla at me

Koop1
08-01-2008, 10:05 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

loll laugh until I ****ing rape you
that will be funny
Whats your rank you ****ing clown

final.wrath
08-01-2008, 10:41 PM
lol man thats a little intense